Speaker 1: I am all in. Let's kiss you.
Speaker 2: I Am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey Everybody, Scott Patterson Pop Culture, season five, Episode eleven, Women of Questionable Marls Taylor explaining the new information historians recovered about stars Hollow during the Revolutionary War. Luke Hooker stopped a battle sigh. We're not calling her a hooker, Reverend Skinner, it's too Barretta. Bert, that's what we're doing now, trying to figure out what the hell of caller Andrew bit of stuff Bert to Monny Python. Barretta is a detective TV series which ran on ABC from nineteen seventy five to seventy eight s during Robert Blake, who was charged, by the way, with Bunny Lee Bakley's murder in two thousand and that was found not guilty. They then found guilty in the civil suit in Barretta.
Speaker 4: That was a crazy turn for Barretta.
Speaker 3: It's not what you expect post show are to be about.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 3: After the show, he you know, he murdered somebody and Barretta, one of his informants, is a street wise pimp. Monty Python was a British comedy troupe formed in nineteen sixty nine by Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric It'll, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin.
Speaker 1: They started they started a TV show called.
Speaker 3: Monty Python's Flying Circus, of which I grew up on absolute coming to Brilliance. In an episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus, a customer enters a shop and references several different ads, trying to inquire about which one is the cover for the ad for a prostitute. The men are comparing the newly found information to TV shows that references hookers. Okay, Laurel I is excited about the first snow and Michelle is being sarcastic because he doesn't care.
Speaker 1: Laurel.
Speaker 3: I look outside, Michelle. It's the first time we've seen the end blanketed by snow.
Speaker 1: It's like a postcard. Michelle.
Speaker 3: I know, I haven't been this excited since Madonna just dropped by Total Request Live.
Speaker 4: See I can't I think said TRL. Did he say Total Request Live or did he say TRL? Either way, it was very funny Total Request Live.
Speaker 3: I think he said I did catch that part of it. A TRL is a me too?
Speaker 1: That was clear right, is a.
Speaker 3: Music video countdown show that aired on MTV. I just figured out what the whole in my life was that that got canceled.
Speaker 4: I know, first of all, why did that get canceled? It was so popular and then it just went daily left.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Just no one's really making music videos that much anymore outside of like your Taylor Swift or they are.
Speaker 4: They're just notice they are just no one watches.
Speaker 2: It's just on YouTube. Yeah, it's not the same. Like do you remember just like leaving the channel on? No, just like music video after music literally do that, Yeah.
Speaker 5: For hours, I'll just leave it on.
Speaker 4: Just either of you ever go to TRL.
Speaker 2: I did I know? I have a sweatshirt. I waited outside. It was the first time I went to New York and then there was a store, no, because you had to like I mean, I was like thirteen. My parents don't know how to get tickets, so we just waited outside and then I went and bought a sweatshirt from the store downstairs.
Speaker 1: So I still have it. It's pink, all right.
Speaker 3: So that ran from ninety eight to two thousand and eight, so ten year, eleven year run. It was one of the most popular TV shows for artists to promote their music videos. Madonna appeared on TRL in two thousand and three, but in nineteen eighty eight, but Donna appeared at Our table one evening.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, that's my friend restaurant.
Speaker 1: Can you remember it was? It was down, I don't remember the rest of it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't forgot about this story.
Speaker 1: It's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he wasn't interested, and we're like, dude, are you kidding? Come on, let me just do it for the story, right.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to decide if I'm like, would go to a Madonna concert? I know she's going on tour. I don't think I care.
Speaker 2: I heard the tickets are very expensive.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 5: She's doing both Staples and Forum.
Speaker 3: And Aerosmith is just announcer to him. I'm gonna I would go to that shows.
Speaker 1: Let's go to those shows. Let's go as the iHeart can get.
Speaker 4: I can get you Aerosmith. I've been to Aerosmith. Those are good? You like it?
Speaker 1: Oh, I've never seen good show. I want to see him.
Speaker 4: I think this is their final tour. Yeah, sure, I mean okay, Sukie tells Laura, I they're almost out of coffee. Laura jokes about the heroine and the coffee. It wasn't Beverly Hills Cop. Remember the heroin and the coffee. Why are you taking everything so literally? So this is not my favorite Beverly Hills Cop line. My favorite is I ain't fallen for the banana and the tailpart. But Beverly Hills Cop is a film from nineteen eight before, starring Eddie Murphy. Yeah, I ain't falling for the banana and the del In the film Acid, it takes into a warehouse, opens a crate that turns out to be it had large bags of cocaine hidden inside coffee ground. Laura's trying to be sarcastic to make Suki laugh, but she's just not catching on. Lorelei referenced this film wrong because it wasn't heroin. It was cocaine. Which is I wonder if that was an intentional mess up or a slip. I'm gonna say they messed it up.
Speaker 3: Christopher shows up at Rory's dorm, wanting to go to breakfast with her. Rory, I have class, Chris right, college classes. I've seen Oxford Blues. I should have put that together. So this is your place, Oxford Blues is a film star Rob Low and Ali Sheety. By the way, the most unlikely character in a film ever made, just.
Speaker 1: Kind of rolls in from Vegas, okay.
Speaker 3: Uh. Rob attends Oxford College in England and falls for lady Victorias.
Speaker 4: I never saw this movie.
Speaker 1: It's it's actually a good movie. You know.
Speaker 4: I love Rob Low and I'm an Ali Sheety fan too, but I never saw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Julian sands Is and it's a great It's it's a really fun film.
Speaker 1: I like collegey films.
Speaker 3: I really like those films.
Speaker 1: I do, I really do. Chris is referring to a movie about being in college to try to relate to Rory at Yale.
Speaker 5: Laura is on the phone trying to keep a reservation from canceling, and Laureli says, but if you were considered your cancelation and came in now, you would find nothing less than a magical wonderland, a snowy Xana do of goodness. Really, bing Cosby's warming up his pipes over by the fireplace. Magical Bing Cosby start in the nineteen fifty four film White Christmas as a performer who teams up with another sibling, trop to save a failing vermont In so Laura lia is obviously comparing her In and the Snow like to the one in the film.
Speaker 1: Rory and laurel I watching the Revolutionary War re enactment. Rory, what about horses?
Speaker 3: Wouldn't they have had horses, laurel are, or at least some coconuts to bang together for a nice sound effect.
Speaker 4: I mean, this was so over my head. I did not get this at all.
Speaker 3: This is a reference to the nineteen ninety three film Robin Hood Men in Tights starring Carrie Elways.
Speaker 4: It didn't start Kevin Costner.
Speaker 1: Men and Tights, No, that was no, it was Karen.
Speaker 3: Kevin Costner did one called Robin Hood, King of the Jungle or something like that. In the film, Robinhood doesn't have a horse, but instead it is followed by a man banging coconuts together for the sound effect.
Speaker 4: So this was a funny movie. This was a melrook oh okay, because I get it now, all right, all right. In the same scene, Rory and LORELEI are watching the Revolutionary War reenactment. Seriously, this dialogue dialogue is worse than from Justin to Kelly that I got and it was. I actually believe that I saw From Justin to Kelly in the theater.
Speaker 5: I think I too.
Speaker 4: No idea. Justin to Kelly is a film starring American Idol first season winner Kelly Clarkson and runner up Justin Guarini. It has gone down in history as one of the worst movies ever made. Laura I is referring to the Revolutionary War reenactment that is to be as bad as From Justin to Kelly. It was pretty bad, right, It.
Speaker 2: Was bad, but it was like one of those bad movies where you can't get enough of Is it still bad?
Speaker 4: That's my question? Like if we watched it now, would we find it amusing? Could we make a drinking game out of it?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe you know who Justin Greeney is now like commercial.
Speaker 4: And doctor Pepper guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 5: Do you think of the people that came out of American Idol, it's actually kind of mind blowing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially those earlier.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you guys breaking news. Guess who was in from Justin to Kelly? Gorillahead? Who's Catherine.
Speaker 5: Bayla?
Speaker 4: Is you know who else was in from Justin In on the show? B Gorillahead?
Speaker 1: You and the show okay, yes, Gorillahead.
Speaker 4: You know who else was in it? A nikky Nony Rose who like went on to like be amazing. So there might we might get to just rewatch from justin Yah.
Speaker 2: Where can we find this?
Speaker 4: I'm sure it's on Amazon.
Speaker 1: The pre advertising the rumors were, so you do the.
Speaker 4: Next one, you do the next one. The next one was actually pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Lorelei asking if Luke wants to join her on the ice rink, Loreli, do you want to be Randy to my tie?
Speaker 1: Thy Babylonia and Randy Gardner were.
Speaker 3: A figure skating pair of They together won the nineteen seventy nine World Figure Skating Championship and five US Figure Skating Championship seventy six to nineteen eighty. The pair qualified for the seventy six.
Speaker 1: And eighty Winter Olympics.
Speaker 3: Lorelei is ice skating and asking Luke to be her ice skating or ice dancing partner like Randy and Tye. And isn't that wonderful? And I think that's going to wrap it up, folks.
Speaker 4: And everybody remember to look for the mug Cubbies mugs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well that was a fun little trip down that episode right.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 4: I enjoy that. Yes, look forward to debating you next week. Just looking forward to continuing our as they say, is that what you say?
Speaker 1: But what is that even the right thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a yes. But did I come down too hard on you?
Speaker 1: Not at all? This week?
Speaker 4: I get very you did.
Speaker 1: I get passionate about that subject.
Speaker 4: I know you were very good, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of fun at dinner parties especially. I've always been team look and then then the fireworks begin.
Speaker 3: Anyway, thanks for download everybody, best fans on the planet, and I have been to several planets, and I know that fans on other planets are not like this.
Speaker 1: So true, so true.
Speaker 3: Anyway, all the best, keep the cards and letters coming, and always remember.
Speaker 1: I am all In. Thank you Danielle, thank you Tara, thank you Amy. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 4: Team Luke for Ubble.
Speaker 5: We need to stop saying Team Luke.
Speaker 1: All the best guys. Stay safe, Hey everybody, and don't.
Speaker 3: Forget follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iheartrate.
Speaker 1: Radio dot com. Oh you gil More friends.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company, Scottip dot com s c O T. T y P dot com, scottip dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee