Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: So as I feel like.
Speaker 4: You have a responsibility in a sense to carry the blue playing carry carry the torch for the family name. How important is it is a team cause we never cobby. Obviously we got how you hear how is in point when you and leaning on them when you tryna kept uh create decisions about the business side right or or are they integl in it? Are you integral in their in their endeavors as well?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think I think for us, you know, it's to hustle a way. Anytime Hustle went out and an and and and put something down, he always reached back, involved me, reached back, involved facts, reached back, definitely involved. You know, the whole all money in team Cobby, Pack, Hoggy Stone.
Speaker 5: And I think they all eer, the whole team hustlers.
Speaker 6: Anyway, since you know, since I was younger, you know what I'm saying, when we was trying to get money or ever, the whole team Cobby been having money spots.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: We always looked up to Cobby as a grinder and so he always had his shit going. Pack always was a young nigga grinding, and I think number one that's why the Synergies would nip Haggy same thing. Hogey was a young nigga in a in a whip. I think he couldn't even he wasn't even supposed to.
Speaker 5: Be driving you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. So, ah, the whole team is hustlers, and I think.
Speaker 6: We all took you know, advice and inspiration you know from Hustle and uh and vice versas he came and his team was strong and and so you know, anything that we can do to help always you know, they got their own clothing brands, they got they own you know, studios, they own movements, websites and and shit booming. And you know, once we get this open, you know, my my my goal is obviously collabs or anything we can do to help you know, the the individual brands. Uh, We're here to do you know as Hustle always do, they always would do.
Speaker 5: You know, we gonna continue.
Speaker 7: So what what's the what's the corporate structure here? Cause I know a lot of people who don't see what goes on behind the scenes. But we met JP and I'm sure there's other people that's involved. Yeah, you wanna talk about that, like the different people and their responsibilities.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, a hundred percent.
Speaker 6: The the as far as the marathon team, the who the whole all money in team and the whole team is is is highly involved and they tap in. But as far as like the everyday Marathon team, that's JP, that's Adam myself.
Speaker 5: And you know, as far as like designing.
Speaker 6: The seven days a week, trying to figure out sourcing, online financing, just that's the team that's just every day putting in everything for this for for this brand. As far as like trying to get it open and get it to the next level. So you know, since day one, you know, uh wh wh when A and and you know Fats is no longer here, but his family is a I I I is a part owner in the Marathon clothing and the marathon as as a brand with us. So every step of the way, you know, we we we gotta make sure that they coming with us. And you know when we open this store, they kids and they family know too. This is this is y'all, this is this is part owned by y'all. Two and uh, this is something that your father, you know, sh struggle for and sacrifice for so.
Speaker 5: Not to belong with it.
Speaker 6: But when you talk about the the the the the the marathon team, as far as the ownership, there's NIP, Fats, JP, Adam and myself.
Speaker 7: Mm W talk about the marathon there's different branches, right, the Marathon o G.
Speaker 3: The the m the.
Speaker 7: Cannabis side, yeah, the clothing side. What what encompasses the whole situation?
Speaker 6: I think the the brand that you know, Hustle created the brand.
Speaker 5: Think I talked about it before or uh.
Speaker 6: The the the Marathon mixtape was the first time when I heard it, and you know, I'm fresh out Hustles killing him in the streets. Bullets ain't got no names. Uh, you know, we think with a volume one and two. I'm first hearing it, I'm like, uh, nigga, we don everywhere we you know, I'm I'm how'm I'm high energy.
Speaker 5: I'm like, bro, you it's it's a rap. You got it?
Speaker 6: And and and we put our volume three and as Nipp is working on the next project, he's like, uh, this next one, i'm'a call the Marathon mm And so I'm like, what nah, nah nah, what are you man?
Speaker 5: We gonna run?
Speaker 6: Bullets ain't got no names to volume tens like, don't d like what you talking about?
Speaker 3: We own't right?
Speaker 6: He like, nah, nah, bro, trust me and him and JP had been tapping in a lot and reading books on branding, and you know, JP was taking photos, black and white photos, and he was really you know, creating logos, and so he laid the vision off, you know, to us, and that created the Marathon brand. And I didn't fully understand it at that point. But when the project came out, seeing how wide it went, and I seen, like he said, He's like, man, I don't like the energy at the shows. You know, were hopping off of stages, getting into fights with niggas, shootouts and every like that. Ain't that That's not the energy your nigga want to bring. I want to bring like the inspiration. And so I didn't fully understand it. But once the project came out and I start seeing the difference, I start seeing people coming with resumes, people coming in and telling Bro, like, man, I'm in college. I'm staying in college because of your message. And you know, I said, that's that's the point where I said, oh, this, you know, bro, this is genius. And from that came the Marathon Continues mixtape.
Speaker 5: And you know, the clothing brand.
Speaker 6: Trying to figure out what to call the clothing brand.
Speaker 8: Ernest, what's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, like the checkout is fast, or seats of digital tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting busines that run on Square because it just feels seamless.
Speaker 2: Whether it's a local coffee.
Speaker 8: Shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definite can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine. Nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: Came Marathon Clothing and you know, like you said, Marathon Ong and just that those are the branches that came from, you know, from the Marathon brand.
Speaker 4: Yeah. One of the things you know obviously that y'all made known was Crenshaw, Right, So we talked about the bulls have no Names. We talked about the Marathon they tape, but talk about the importance of when that Crenshaw mixtape and the business plan behind that, the streets and and what it was like going through it at that time.
Speaker 6: I think for me, I I remember when I first got out Hustle and Adam was doing the MySpace, you know.
Speaker 5: And I didn't know what that exactly was.
Speaker 6: But they like they finna started building, start building a touring and you know, they getting uh versus and getting booked for shows. And I remember Adam like, man, everybody on this MySpace keep asking about this Crenshaw crew neck that nip war in the Hustle in the House video, like everybody talking about where can I get it? So I'm fresh, I'm like fresh out, like hold on, huh. So I'm like, alright, that's what we gonna do. So me and Fats immediately just went and tried to recreate the crew necks and from that the Crenshaw hoodies and we started seeing the the everybody was on on on the sweater. So I'm like, alright, we gonna try to get the shot back, and we got the shot back and moving forward, you know, Hustle obviously anytime we would do anything, he taking it and putting it on, putting it on every video, putting it on and just making that shit go out of here like gold record.
Speaker 5: Everybody wanted 'em.
Speaker 6: And we started seeing but we were like, you know, how do we take it to the next level? And I think when the crunch Yall mixtape came out to me from looking back at it, that was the next level cause it was a different font.
Speaker 5: It was the old school boys in the hood fund, you know.
Speaker 6: Him and JP did the photo and JP created it, I uh or pulled it.
Speaker 5: I think JP you you you sent it? You sent it to us? Or are you show side?
Speaker 3: I said, why don't we Why haven't we flipped this yet?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, May made perfectly saying something like this happened in your neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Yup.
Speaker 9: I'm like, and it's another variation of the logo and then Hustles the one that took ownership, and it's like, this is what the mixtape's gonna be called.
Speaker 3: And i'm'a wor it on the on the cover, and this is.
Speaker 9: Gonna be the the design that's attached to this project. Oh yeah, you know, it's so many things I can speak about.
Speaker 3: But you know, Sam speaking, you know, hits it right on the head.
Speaker 7: So we were talking talking about Brandon before you when you guys in the office. We was talking and everything is just so iconic. With the flag, the color scheme is it's like Nike, like the certain brands. When you see it, it's like you just want to buy it just to wear it, like you know what I mean, because it means something.
Speaker 3: How is that putting? Putting that play together?
Speaker 7: Like whose idea was it to have the flag and have the red and white and have it looked the way that it looked because it's actually very very iconic feel to it.
Speaker 9: That's the offspring of Hustle and I having conversations about rebranding and turning the you know, his brand and everything he represents on his head.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Now the bulls thing got on the name series is you know, like Sam said, was a classic.
Speaker 9: It's undisputable, and it was important to lay that foundation so people know, like where he's coming from and the realities of where he's coming from. He was never wanted to glamorize it, of course, but just to express it, you know, and it's raw format and give people an update that what's happening in the streets of la because there had been so many other versions prior to it that were to nostalgic and felt like something that was borrowed from the past. And so we're coming with the marathon brand. He wanted everything to be brand new, So I'm coming in coming up with the box logo, a marathon box logo. The flag you alluded to, we took. We borrowed from Life magazine. That's where the reference is from.
Speaker 4: I was looking at him like, because I know the impact that the Supreme Thing had on it having the bridgetore I was like the box.
Speaker 3: They did it too.
Speaker 9: People may feel it and they caught they actually referenced from someone else, right, Ours was from Life Magazine. Because the imagery that we created for the campaign was in black and white on film when all of our counterparts and everybody was going digital because it was more cost effective and it had to you know, you can upload.
Speaker 3: It a lot quicker.
Speaker 9: We went the complete opposite way against the grain, and we went with blackmore film. And so one of the publications that I always liked and I brought to the table was Life Magazine, and so that's where we bawled.
Speaker 3: The concept for that.
Speaker 9: And then with the flag, that was you know, every movement has its flag, so we had to have ours.
Speaker 3: And so again Hustle.
Speaker 9: Hustle always came up with these like really concise and specific ideas and then he just handed it off to me for execution and it always worked out.
Speaker 7: Even the color of red, it just popped like that. Talked about that, yeah, I would.
Speaker 9: Say, so, I mean we could have of course, you know it instinctly people probably felt Hustle about would want to go with blue, but just read and white just pops out.
Speaker 7: I read a book, but it's like a most fast food restaurants, it's red and yellow. Something about red. It's an appealing color. It like get your appetite. It gets your appetite. You well, Windy's almost every if you notice every fast food cup he uses.
Speaker 3: Read his own capacity also represents passion.
Speaker 9: You don't like your heart usually, So there's different colors that that people identify with different emotions. And red definitely, you know, makes as far back.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,