Speaker 1: The second date of day, Brook, do you believe people deserve second chances?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why do you think I'd be here with you if I didn't?
Speaker 1: Does that mean.
Speaker 2: Scond chance?
Speaker 3: Yes? Okay, I don't know what I did.
Speaker 1: I'm serious though, If somebody makes a mistake, are you willing to let bygones be bygones and give him a fair shake?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean especially if there's like an apology, you know, like if you talk things out, I think you can always work through something is amazing.
Speaker 1: We have a return caller on the phone today named Scott, who you were not too happy with the last time he was on this You have an apology ready because he put a little blue pill into his own drink at the dinner table, and you use.
Speaker 3: The word creep to describe him.
Speaker 1: So maybe we need to start with an apology from Brook to Scott. Here go ahead, Broke, you said you believed in second chances.
Speaker 2: Especial here's my question. Have you yes? Yes? Yes, communication, I am not apologizing it. Yeah, that's not gonna happen. But what will happen is if you have stopped sneaking those pills into your drink first.
Speaker 3: Date, your self drink.
Speaker 2: Still not cool, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Okay, have you changed your ways? Scott?
Speaker 4: You know, I think I've getten a lot better since the last time we talked. Okay, I really do.
Speaker 1: So now does he get the apology for what he was big enough to look past all the mean things that we called him on the show and give us another chance? I think we should give him another chance with his dating life here.
Speaker 3: So okay, room, but welcome back.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Should I leave you?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: You're good?
Speaker 3: I think you should.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, so apparently you've reached out because there's a new woman that you met.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, her name's Mandy.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and how did you How did you meet Mandy?
Speaker 4: I was shopping at a hardware store. She comes up to me and asked me about like stuff I'm looking at like she needs help. Maybe I look like I was dressed like I worked there or something, or maybe.
Speaker 3: Just being a guy.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry if you're wearing a polo shirt in one of those stories you automatically fake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was wearing an orange and white Polo shirt.
Speaker 1: Well this is I mean, it's giving you the perfect chance to talk to her.
Speaker 3: So what do you do? Well?
Speaker 4: You know, I thought she was cute, and I was like, look, I don't know how it works. I'm sorry, I barely know what I'm looking at here.
Speaker 3: Money it's good.
Speaker 4: But I thought she was cute and I told her that, and I asked if she would go out.
Speaker 1: She said, yeah, wow, that was really quick. So did you end up seeing her for an actual date?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We did, and I really wanted to avoid doing something stupid.
Speaker 2: Okay, that should always be good. That is such a good lesson to take from this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what was the date?
Speaker 4: Like, we went to the beach?
Speaker 2: Uh huh oh interesting?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we were like hanging out. We're just like people watching, and I thought it would be funny if we were like started to rate the women who walked by. Oh god, I didn't.
Speaker 3: You didn't do that.
Speaker 4: I didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, you had the thought, but you didn't follow through with it.
Speaker 4: You know, I want you guys to know all the bad ideas I didn't do.
Speaker 3: This is growth. This is exactly what we wanted from you.
Speaker 2: Hard for.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Okay, a worse idea that you had than that?
Speaker 3: What else didn't you do?
Speaker 4: All right? So, like the sun started to set and I brought my camera. I like to take pictures and stuff, and I started to photograph the sunset.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: What I wanted to do was ask for a model for me. Didn't do that?
Speaker 3: Oh you didn't.
Speaker 2: Ok It's not too bad. I mean some women would be flattered by my picture.
Speaker 1: Yes, some would be offended that you weren't asking them to model.
Speaker 3: Hey, get out of my frame. Trying to capture the sunset.
Speaker 4: Don't make me get more in my head. I tried to do my best.
Speaker 3: That was a good thing. Anything else.
Speaker 4: I also didn't tell her about the camera because like, I'm a big camera nerd, and I was like, I could go on for days about the text specs of the camera.
Speaker 3: Camera not hot, I don't know. You don't know what to do. Just talking about the different.
Speaker 4: Camera.
Speaker 1: That was a good choice. Don't tell her about the details of your camera. Good call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I for some reason kept thinking about gas prices. Didn't bring that up.
Speaker 3: Are you focused on the date?
Speaker 2: Did you talk much?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What did you talk about?
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I mean we talked about like our recent dating history. I've been on a lot of dates, she's only been on one lately.
Speaker 3: Do you think did that way at all.
Speaker 4: Did you notice once I knew that she hadn't been on as many dates, I sort of backed off and didn't like go into detail.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, Yeah, you don't want to hand that.
Speaker 4: I didn't tell her that I was on the radio and what I was on the radio.
Speaker 2: For for your last one.
Speaker 1: You're making a lot of good decisions here. So how do you end this night with?
Speaker 3: Mandy?
Speaker 4: Walked her, actually she walked me to my car first. I guess we gave each other a hug.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I considered taking out the guitar from my trunk to play a song, but I did not do it. Did I learned my lesson from Barbie? You don't do that? But you don't like that?
Speaker 2: That's it, all right?
Speaker 3: Maybe not till like the third or fourth day.
Speaker 2: Then you pull out your Matchbox twenty soundrack.
Speaker 1: Overall, that sounds pretty solid. What's happened since then?
Speaker 4: You know? I thought it went well too, But nothing radio silence. I haven't heard a thing.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I wonder if you were just like two up in your head and you were able to actually be yourself, you know, like I feel like the whole time you're telling yourself what not to do not how great you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you should bust out tho Blue pillars again and see how it goes.
Speaker 3: It's back on board. Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, you guys made me think that maybe I'm not so great. So we didn't think that.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't made me good.
Speaker 4: I was tossed her out.
Speaker 2: Well it was. Here's a bad assumption to make on a first date.
Speaker 1: As he redeemed himself from the creep label in this date.
Speaker 2: So far. Yeah, we haven't talked to her.
Speaker 1: Yet, Jeff, all right, so so far it's pretty good. We're going to get the rest of the story when we call Mandy for you and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 3: Okay, sounds good. All right, don't move, you creep. Here we go.
Speaker 1: If you missed the first part of the second date, we got a returning listener to the show, Scott back with us. He went down a list of things he considered but did not do on his date with Mandy, including he didn't ask her to rate the other women on the beach on a scale of.
Speaker 3: One to ten. He thought about it, but to his credit, didn't do it.
Speaker 2: You did when you think about it.
Speaker 1: Still, I guess we're taking baby steps with Scott here. Also, when they went to the parking lot for their goodbye hug, he considered taking out his guitar for a little John Mayer serenade, but said, no, Brooke wouldn't like me to do that.
Speaker 2: I actually probably would have felt for that if I was the one on the date for him. Well, I'm sorry, I'm a sucker for a guitar, such a stereotype. I really am.
Speaker 3: Well, so Scott.
Speaker 1: If we call her and she says that you whipped it out, I'm gonna be slightly disappointed because I thought you made significant growth here. And that's not a little blue pill joke. That's just an honest observation of you.
Speaker 2: I want to hear. No, there is something wrong in my head.
Speaker 5: I just.
Speaker 2: Saying that you're saying with a clean.
Speaker 1: Thoughts, that's you projecting what you want. That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm saying that Scott has turned a Paige. The only weird part is his date, Mandy has completely ghosted afterwards.
Speaker 3: So let's find out what that's about. Scott. You ready to do this, Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Look at that you did the whole first half not getting shamed for anything. Scott, I think this is already a good sign of how this him.
Speaker 3: He's only said three words.
Speaker 1: If anything, Brooke is the creepy pervert who's thinking bad thoughts.
Speaker 3: So there we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I keep the thoughts inside. Jeff, he just said that that's a win, you said.
Speaker 3: Okay, there we go. We're all in the winning page.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: Let's call Mandy. Now, let's do it. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hi is this Mandy?
Speaker 5: Yes speaking?
Speaker 1: Hey Mandy. This is a radio show. My name is Jeff and I'm part of Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Sorry, You're sorry?
Speaker 3: Did I say that? Weird?
Speaker 2: Hey Mandy?
Speaker 1: Hey, there's a random person in the background who just said hi to you on the vote.
Speaker 3: Was I guess technically we work together? But yeah, that's Brooke.
Speaker 1: I'm Jeff and you're on Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning with a whole room full of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alexis here too.
Speaker 5: Hell, what what are you calling me about?
Speaker 3: Okay, you get right to it. So, uh.
Speaker 1: This is called a second date update. It's a segment where we try to help our listeners reconnect with somebody after they've gone out with them once and you went out with a guy who listens to our show name Scott.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what.
Speaker 1: Oh well, well, so Scott had a really good time at the beach with you, and he was hoping that.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a nice time.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 5: It was fun. I won't speak badly on anybody. It was a it was a nice time.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, if you had a good time.
Speaker 1: We're just trying to help Scott figure out why there hasn't been second date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wants to see you again.
Speaker 1: The way that he described your communication afterwards was radio silent, which.
Speaker 3: We appreciate because we want to keep the word radio relevant. But we understand Scott doesn't like that. So is there a reason.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean I feel like it was pretty obvious.
Speaker 4: It was just a.
Speaker 5: Complete turn off for me that he had been on eight dates already this year, that he's just kind of juggling all these women, whereas I'm in a different place. I've only been on one date. Like, it's just felt like different life.
Speaker 2: Arenas he's been on eight dates and that's too many for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, he's just what if he have like a little rollo deck.
Speaker 2: That's not like you could still count that on two hands. I think that's fine.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I just I'm just more traditional person. I'm not into the short term casual dating that a lot of guys are looking to hook up nowadays. I'm not looking for that.
Speaker 2: But do you know that he even hooked up with all those people or was it just like it could just be a bad day. Doesn't even mean did he.
Speaker 4: Had a look in his eyes?
Speaker 5: If he kind of implied it, I wasn't going to ask.
Speaker 2: We can guarantee that one of those dates he did not hook up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got into his dating history before, and yeah, it hasn't worked out for him. But you're saying he's coming across like a player to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And my belief is that if you spend an hour or two with somebody, you know what you need to know. You know if it's right and if you want to make things a little more serious. So if he was willing to commit to something a little more serious, I would say yes, But it sounds like he dates a lot and he's not looking for something like that.
Speaker 1: Honestly, we don't know, like what the state of his current dating situation is. All we know is that he reached out to us to get another date, specifically with you. So that should tell you something and we should probably ask him about it. If he does have a giant roster of girls that he's seeing. Because he is on the phone right now.
Speaker 6: What can I get a handoff over here?
Speaker 3: He's listening to this and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, man, going Hi, she really turned it on.
Speaker 5: I just wasn't expecting to be having this conversation in this format.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just not sure what I did wrong. You just think I'm a player.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not a player, younger.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm definitely dating in hopes to meet someone to be with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, you're not just doing it for the sport.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, just for fun.
Speaker 2: You can date for fun. That's okay too.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that I had to commit after an hour.
Speaker 1: It sounds like, Scott, the only way that Mandy is willing to even consider going out with you is if you agree to, like right now, not see anybody else, and give it one hundred percent with her.
Speaker 3: Is that something that big assumption?
Speaker 2: Jeff? Are you sure that's what she's saying?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm hearing. Is that right, Mandy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had a feeling when I was on the date. I don't know if that was mutual. What was the feeling, just that I could see myself with this person. I could see this progressing into something real, So see chemistry.
Speaker 6: You just thought, hey, he's in this phase of dating and you're not in that phase of dating.
Speaker 5: Right exact, And I'm not looking to get her so quick to give.
Speaker 2: Up on it?
Speaker 1: I know, well you were turned off because you thought that he's dating lots and lots and lots of women all right now.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be amongst a huge list of women.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if it's me, it's me.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Scott, is that something that you're even willing to consider dropping any other girl that you're talking to right now and only focusing on Mandy to clear the roster.
Speaker 4: Bro I mean, I'm not talking to anybody else right now? Good answer?
Speaker 2: Okay, nice, Mandy, he was already only talking to you.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should just go right so this then, and ask Mandy, would you consider going out with Scott again? If he says right now he is willing to commit one hundred percent to you, not anybody else is scary. Basically, agree to enter a relationship on this, not potentially. You have to give in right now, one hundred percent, give yourself to her.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to have am I off, Mandy. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I feel like you're a little laughing at me, but.
Speaker 4: Like that is what i'd like.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Scott, the terms have been laid out.
Speaker 3: What do you say?
Speaker 4: Why not let's give it a shot?
Speaker 2: Why not? Yeah? I mean why not? He has no other options right now? Doesn't anybody?
Speaker 1: Congratulations? Scott has agreed to commit one hundred percent to you.
Speaker 4: Look, Mandy, I think you're great. I usually don't commit this early, but I honestly I want to spend more time with you.
Speaker 3: Mandy, isn't that nice?
Speaker 2: Excited?
Speaker 3: Can't break up with him?
Speaker 5: I'm glad you said that you were really open and vulnerable on your end, So I'm going to be that way with you that technically I'm engaged.
Speaker 3: Wait, what my god?
Speaker 5: That's why I need the commitment. That's why I need the band. So I plan to end it with.
Speaker 2: Him on what was your explanation? Why?
Speaker 5: Like, that's why I need to know if he's in this or not with me.
Speaker 6: So if your marriage engage because she needs to know if the backup plan is sad before she dumps the curry guys, is that what's happening?
Speaker 2: She's crazier than.
Speaker 5: Okay, But Scott, you don't need to listen to them. I'm just really excited to spend time with you.
Speaker 4: No, we're not hanging out.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe, Scott.
Speaker 1: Now you should tell you wanted to rate all the other women on the beach on your I didn't go.
Speaker 3: You wanted to.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, the good uses Scott at the end of the day. The big takeaway you didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 3: He did nothing wrong.
Speaker 1: He just ended up with a strict, controlling, pre engaged kind of nut job.
Speaker 6: So can gradual engage, very engaged engage?
Speaker 3: You have fun? You too.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna ask the radio station to figure out who yourance is. His number?
Speaker 3: Doesn't he sound so in love?
Speaker 2: He sounds like he's.
Speaker 3: Nervous with the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, relationship.
Speaker 3: And I could serenade her with your guitar, Scott, good work, Brookie Jeffrey in the morning. Oh man, with that woman on the phone.
Speaker 1: Now it all makes sense how she's only been with one man in the last year, because that was her fiance.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh god, I put that together. But aren't we applauding her for what she didn't do? Go on other dates with her?
Speaker 3: Just go went on this one.
Speaker 1: But again, that is on us for not saying, hey, how did your last relationship end? Because her answer would have been it hasn't ended. We're engaged right now.
Speaker 2: I see, that's all.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking for a backup. How did we miss that?
Speaker 1: Brooke?
Speaker 3: Where worry on that question?
Speaker 2: My head is not in the game today.
Speaker 1: Step it up on these calls going here on out. That would have saved us a whole lot of time.
Speaker 3: But in the end, happy ending.
Speaker 2: Kind of for who.
Speaker 3: No, definitely not for her.
Speaker 2: I mean she's got the big of a letter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that HiT's for her. She's got commitments from not one, but two different men. Sure's a couple of people on the textboard that one her too. Yeah, but we can have you living here happily ever after.
Speaker 1: If you email the show, we'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our Seconday podcast wherever you get yours at Broken Jeffrey
Speaker 2: Broken Jeffrey in the Morning,