Speaker 1: The volume. What's up, guys, and welcome to another episode of this doesn't have a name. If any of you guys have named suggestions, please let me know and comment down below in the comments. I'm sort of thinking like slow Nose Talks or something like that, but it's not definite anyways. This is just an episode where I talk by myself, no guests, so let's see us.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So we're two weeks into the NBA season and here are some just overall big takeaways from the media. Right, the Calves and the Thunder are the only two undefeated teams. The Jazz unfortunately still haven't won a game, The Bucks are really bad, Brownie scored his first points, and Joelle Embiid got into a physical alter with a member of the media, so a lot of stuff's going on. My biggest takeaway is that the Dubs are five and one, and you know, Steph has only really played two and a half of those six games, which is very exciting. We went too and oh against the Pelicans, so it must suck to be a Pelicans fan, just saying, but it's been big. I loved all of our you know, signings from the off season. Kyle Anderson has been great. Danthony Melton had a little injury problem, but he's worked out for us. But the most important Warriors pickup of the season has been Buddy Healt. Let's talk about Buddy. One thing that I wanted to say, I noticed say in no context NBA moment before I go into this, when I looked up Buddy Healed to get some of his specific stats down on ESPN. It said Buddy Healed dash Golden State Warriors shooting guard. And then there was a picture of Danthony Melton, which I liked. So you know, if no context NBA takes that, hopefully I get credit. Anyways, I've been I've seen a lot of questions that I've asked. Has Buddy already filled Clay's shoes? Now that's offensive to Klay Thompson. Buddy hasn't and will never unless he somehow finds a way to win three chips fill Klay Thompson's shoes. But I do believe that these first six games have been incredible and that they have filled Klay thompson shoes from last season. Not the Klay Thompson that we know in love, not thirty seven points in a quarter not sixty points on eleven dribbles Klay Thompson, but Klay Thompson from the twenty twenty three to twenty twenty four season. I believe that in these six games those shoes have pretty much already been filled. Buddy's been a great fit for the Warriors so far. You know, six games in he shot fifty one percent from the field, He scored nineteen in the fourth quarter, and he is the leading scorer for the Warriors with Steph hurt, and I just can't think of a more perfect secondhand man for Steph. Andrew Wiggins has also been really stepping up, especially when it comes to scoring. Last year he was a little inconsistent. I would say, you know, there was games where he would go off, and there was games when he wouldn't really break fifteen points. And so I really loved what I've been able to see by guys on the Warriors that are not named Steph Curry putting up real big numbers.
Speaker 2: That's been really nice to see.
Speaker 1: On the topic of Steph, I think it's interesting because you know, he's only really played two and a half games.
Speaker 2: Buddy hild is the leading scorer.
Speaker 1: But from what I've seen so far, this doesn't really seem like it's going to be a thirty points per game season for Steph. It looks a little bit more like he's gonna step into a more traditional point guard role and get a lot of other guys, you know, the Jonathan Kamingas of the world, an opportunity to really come out of their shell, which I really like to see. You know, in his first game, he was I think either one rebound, yeah, I believe one rebound away from a triple double. So if this is a Steph Curry triple double season with you know, a few forty point games scattered here and there as a Warriors fan, and with Buddy Heald slaying like this, that is what I want to see.
Speaker 2: Let's move on.
Speaker 1: So today I saw that the Detroit Pistons went to their game on the subway. First off, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: I like seeing that. It's very down to earth.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of that meme where jay Z is talking to that grandma, you know, on the train to his show and she asks if he's famous, hits really down to earth. It's a really cool vibe. Definitely can get some fire Instagram posts. But what I thought was funny was that it's the Pistons because if the Lakers or the Warriors were on a subway, think about how a Lebron or a step would absolutely get swarm But because the Pistons, sorry Kate, don't really have a nationally recognized star, it wasn't like that, Like there's no way a Grandma on the subway was like, oh my god, it's Ron Holland that was my favorite player on the G League gig night.
Speaker 2: Like no one is saying that.
Speaker 1: So I wonder how many people were like, Oh, it's the Pistons, or how many people were like, oh, there's just some tall guys on the subway. I think that that's funny to see. But I would like to see that again. I want to see, like, you know, the Celtics or something hop on the subway. That'd be cool to see. Okay, Happy Halloween. I want to move into a little bit about Halloween costumes. So first off, I want to talk about Wemby's costume. I'm sorry if I pronounce this right, but I think it's.
Speaker 2: Kaa nosh.
Speaker 1: I watched a video on how to pronounce it ka no she I believe from the movie spirited away.
Speaker 2: He was scary.
Speaker 1: He looked really scary, but he also looked like he was about to face plan. He was like stuck in that dress sort of thing. As he was walking, he was like waddling, and I kept being like, oh my god, no, Wemby, don't fall, don't fall, don't follow you up such.
Speaker 2: A big future ahead of you. You know.
Speaker 1: I did like this costume, but I don't think anything compares to Wemby's rookie year. Slenderman Halloween costume is so funny. It just like highlights how skinny and tall and lengthy he is. And I know that the goal is to be scary, but I love that costume.
Speaker 2: I think it's so funny.
Speaker 1: So that was my honorary mention for NBA player Halloween costume, Jay Huff of the Memphis Grizzlies. You know, he went to the University of Virginia dressed up as Kyle Kuzma.
Speaker 2: That was my winner. It was hilarious.
Speaker 1: The outfit was so spot on, from the beanie to the length of the sweater. In fact, he actually exaggerated the length of the sweater, you know, instead of I think Kuzma's sleeves were about to his knees. Jay Huff's sleeves were dragging on the floor. I really like to see that. I believe I'm a few other people in the media. I think Taylor Rooks also did a costume similar to that, which I really like to see. It's funny to see other NBA players act as other NBA players. Anthony Edwards was mister Incredible, which is cool, but I feel like he missed out on a perfect, perfect, perfect situation to be.
Speaker 2: Ant Man.
Speaker 1: You know, like, I'm not really a superhero person, but it's still would be really cool to see AMPI ant Man. So, Anthony Edwards, if you're listening to this next year, I think we all want to see you dress up as ant Man.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: My last well two points combined for my last points of this short little segment, which is Bronni's first bucket. I know that there's so much hate surrounding it, but I do think it was really cool to see.
Speaker 2: I mean, how.
Speaker 1: Cool is that to be playing in a game, a professional game on the highest level with your dad and be able to score points. That's pretty awesome to see. I think we need to tone down the hate. It's still a pretty cool, pretty cool story. I do think, you know, Bronnie could obviously benefit from some time in the G League. Of course, I don't think he's ready for real NBA minutes, but I'm glad he got a bucket.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: On the topic of the James family, I saw a stat that said that Lebron's all time career average against the Raptors was fifty two points per game. And I'm not a Lebron bandwagon, right, but I do think Lebron is the greatest player of all time, so much so that I believed that stat. In fact, I wrote a whole ramp on my handy little iPad here about how this stat speaks for itself and shows Lebron's consistency and how Lebron has played late the Raptors sixty one times in these twenty two seasons, and how that's amazing. I got NBA centled it wasn't real. It was a fake stat, But I think the fact that I almost almost almost believed it shows all the points that I just said, how consistent Lebron has been, so much so that I believed in sixty one games against the Raptors it would be possible for him to average fifty points. Anyways, thank you guys so much for listening, and yet again I need those name Rex.
Speaker 2: Bye.