Speaker 1: Big Bang. You don't be on nothing.
Speaker 2: I be on okay, So let me ask Big.
Speaker 3: Nick right now.
Speaker 4: Visit the new website today, Big factspod dot com dot com.
Speaker 1: What's up, my brother? How you feeling?
Speaker 3: I'm good. How you doing?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: You you're stacking up a lot of wins. We're gonna talk about the wins when we actually we're gonna start this conversation by talking to you about you know, you got a strong hold on the females.
Speaker 1: Man. You got a big female fan base.
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Is that is that by accident or design?
Speaker 4: I mean I kind of I grew up with all women, so like I do it's like subconsciously. I don't think I do it on purpose, but I do it like subconsciously. I was in another interview, I was I think I was a gilly. I was telling them like how I used to like I used to have a problem with like women authority, like when I was younger, and then like I had to grow out of it, like kind of like my daddy used to just be telling me I got like one mama and stuff like that. And then because I had like resentment towards my mom because she like it was like once another man came in her life and stuff, it was like I ain't want to share. So then yeah, when I got older, it was just like I had to learn that my mama needed a life too. But I was always taught to like respect women, protect, provide stuff like that, So it was.
Speaker 7: Like, but you kind of felt like like y'all were all y'all had, and she didn't really have any business including anybody else in.
Speaker 3: That mixed fact.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I grew up it was me, my mom and my sisters for the lonestly Like yeah, like and I'm the baby though, but I'm the only boy. I'm an old boy in the house. So like I had to move with my dad to teach me like certain values because you can't get it from a woman, Like, yeah, a woman can't teach you how to be a man, so a certain extent, Yeah, you're right, Yeah, Like it's just certain things men can do that you can teach a man that a woman would never be able to relate to because she's not a she's not a man. So it's like certain certain habits and stuff I was picking up. It was kind of girly and stuff like that that my dad just wasn't having it like you feel me. So, yeah, I just moved my dad. I got certain values from that and I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: So how do you feel about it?
Speaker 7: When people say or like make the A lot of men that grow up in single parent households raised by women are kind of bitchy and kind of bitchy.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't think it's stereotypes really are it'd be.
Speaker 2: Some emotional more emotional certain stuff.
Speaker 3: Just to it.
Speaker 4: Because you got to think like as a kid, when you're growing up, you a sponge.
Speaker 3: You don't know what you you don't know, you don't know.
Speaker 4: What life is. All things like even that's learned behavior. That ain't something that you know coming out the womb. Like I want to be racist. If I come out the womb and my mama told me you always evil and y' always against everything we stood for, I would believe that because of everything. I think your parents like God to you like, so all that's learned behavior. So even if for men, if he's growing up with.
Speaker 3: All girls, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Why I was trying to That's why you had to live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like certain tendencies you're gonna pick up, Like like if I stay in the South too long, I'm gonna have an accent exactly. So if I'm if a baby is around women, young men is around women too much, he gonna pick up those certain values that they just have naturally and they ain't even trying to push it off on them.
Speaker 3: But that's just them being a woman. And that's all, you know, That's.
Speaker 2: Just an environment.
Speaker 8: Hey, Outside of that, what's some things you feel like you had to unlearn along the way, just you know what I'm saying. Some you know how we create habits within ourselveom not knowing what's some things that you grew old and you like, man, I gotta I can't do that no more.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: I was content for a long time, Like I was just content with like life and stuff like that. But now I'm like, I'm just more intuitive and I'm ana go get her. Just like for the longest I felt entitlement and stuff like that, I had to grow out of that and stuff like that. So that's certain certain things like that I just had to grow out of it.
Speaker 5: So it's skill a baby. This is from an old rant I think you did on Twitter. I don't know if he was playing a serious or whatever. The case is, are you anti bbls when it comes to the females.
Speaker 3: I like women exactly how they are.
Speaker 4: I don't really trip like if I like you, it'd be more like it'd be more or less I'm a because you can look the best in the world to me, and you can irritate my soul, so I wouldn't even want to be around you.
Speaker 3: So it's not really like.
Speaker 4: It's not really like, of course, like the first first meeting a person.
Speaker 3: You'd be like, damn, she looked good, like you feel me.
Speaker 4: I don't got like I didn't talk to girls without bbls, I didn't talk to girls with bbl's or it ain't like that's a requirement for to talk to me, you know, I just like off the first five minutes. I probably know if I like you, you probably talking about something I don't even want to talk about.
Speaker 7: And then speaking of like your major connection with women. You recently collaborated with Tayana Taylor for creative direction.
Speaker 2: How did that come about? And how is that going?
Speaker 4: I DMed her because I just hearing about how talented she is. I saw her Usher tribute. I be paying attention, I be studying music like you know people's declines, people uphills like you know, so I'll just be paying attention of what can take me to the next level. Like I ain't one of them people that just feel like I can do it all.
Speaker 3: I would rather be helped.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you're gonna go far like that.
Speaker 3: I just rather be helped.
Speaker 4: I see she worked with a lot of people, and I see her creative direction. It takes people up here. I've never seen it, like nobody decline.
Speaker 3: That's what. That's all right, that's all right?
Speaker 5: What is because what what? What defines a bad chick? What makes a bad chick bad? What puts the bad in bad chick?
Speaker 4: To skill a baby me, I just like real women, I want something soft. I don't really want nothing that want to be a street And you're like, I won't like you feel me. I didn't been in the streets my whole life, So.
Speaker 5: It was like a female is like sliding a ride into some like street shit, some hardcore street that's a turnoff for you.
Speaker 3: No, that ain't no turnoff. What you like is what you like.
Speaker 4: But like, just don't be in a mix, like you ain't gotta be a you ain't got to do the same shit I'm doing being.
Speaker 3: Outside doing all that, Like I ain't really into that.
Speaker 4: I like, no, I just like coming home to a lady that cook clean, play in my hair, like baby me.
Speaker 3: I want to be baby.
Speaker 9: So I don't know, like I ain't having like.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, newfound success and fame. What's some of the obstacles and temptations that you have to shake?
Speaker 4: I mean just being so young and having a little like miud success. I want to be young, like I want to go do what young guys do, Like I want to go party. I want to go do all that. But it's a lot of people that just depend on me, so I can't just go do wild stuff or go do with everything.
Speaker 3: I want to do a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: I just be I'm really a granddaddy for real, for real, like everybody I hang with probably thirty forty. So I want to be super turn and young and go out every night. And I want to do that, but like my mama, bills be due like my mama, like big houses, nice cars.
Speaker 5: How you protect your energy, like how you stop yourself from like reacting to shit that you might see on social media that'll take your energy. One place or whatever the case is, because you always seem pretty calm and cool and collected and like, you know what I'm saying, you don't be rattled.
Speaker 4: I mean I went through a lot, so like when stuff be negative and I can't control it, I don't try to control it.
Speaker 3: I just let it be.
Speaker 4: I don't stress over nothing I can't control. If I can control it, like narratives and stuff like that, I try. I try my hardest. If I care about it, I explain myself. If I don't, I won't say nothing. So that's just really what it is. A lot of stuff is what it is. And then I just been put in certain predicaments and situations where I just being calm just.
Speaker 3: Got me out of it.
Speaker 7: So when it comes to like your personal situations, is it easier for you to just try to block it out and ignore it completely or do you have to deal with it so that it doesn't come back up again?
Speaker 4: It depends on what it is you got to get. Like an example of a personal situation.
Speaker 2: Mmmm, like something with a female, like with a female, like what.
Speaker 7: Like okay, like like a like a female that you're dealing with and you guys have a disagreement about fucking anything, like anything like like something that may be like minuscule or minor to you, but it's a big deal to her, and she continues to make a big deal about it. But you don't understand why she keeps making a big deal about this.
Speaker 4: I mean, I grew up with a lot of women, so I know they make a big deal out of like minor stuff, but it's a big deal to them. So if I can, I will try to change it. If I can't, I can't. I can't help it. But as a man, I feel like you should pay attention to the woman that you you're dealing with, what.
Speaker 3: She like, what she values and stuff.
Speaker 4: So a lot of times you can, but a lot of times you can't, Like you got to, like when you're dealing with people who got to make sacrifices.
Speaker 3: Like if that's on both ends, right.
Speaker 8: What's the biggest shift since you you know what I'm saying, You got on what's the biggest shift in your life?
Speaker 4: The biggest shift in my life is like dealing with family and friends, people being titled it they expectations be like real high, but they be forgetting that it's a hundred people that expectations high. So I try to do what people need and not what they want. But a lot of people don't get that because they're not in like my position. So I try to explain it and deal with it as I can. But a lot of people don't understand that once you get success, it's one hundred people that needs you. I got three people that's in the face. I got my mama, I got me, I got females that I'm dealing with.
Speaker 3: I got my friends, I got my uncles.
Speaker 4: I got everybody. But since let's say I'm dealing with you and Jay. Yeah, but Jay well off and you might not be. She feels like, because we are family, I'm supposed to do what I did for you for her. But you need more than she need.
Speaker 9: You know, Yeah, you maintain peace and control your sanity though.
Speaker 4: I stay away from people, keep my circle small. I love everybody, but I just people don't understand. So once I figured that out, I just stay away from people. Uh, And that just helped me stay sane because I'm a care and I just try not to care.
Speaker 3: But if I'm around you.
Speaker 4: Like, I can't be around you and watch you go through something and not feel it.
Speaker 8: Do you think being being in a committed relationship and being an artist.
Speaker 9: Is like hated for hated for artists.
Speaker 3: It's hard, especially for a person like me.
Speaker 4: You gotta think, like my whole like come up as better based off girls, So you gotta think the temptation is there every day, Like every day, it's all all the way around me, and I try to be selective pick and chools, but it's hard for anybody. You got to understand that we ain't living in a world where you got to go outside to meet somebody.
Speaker 3: My dream girl could dm meet every day.
Speaker 4: There could be five of them, like you know, so it's tempt it's tempting, but I try to stay away from that type of stuff.
Speaker 8: How hard is to believe that somebody flow you and you successful?
Speaker 9: How hard is for you to believe like they really want you?
Speaker 3: I go off energy.
Speaker 4: I'm an energy guy, so I ain't really like a person that's going to be like I could meet you today and like trust you more than a person I knew for ten years, and then I'm an energy guy. I go off, how I watch you treat other people, how you treat me, what you say, I'm like one of them.
Speaker 5: I want to talk about some of these wins and I want to see how you how you feel or felt when you first discovered these wins. First off, twenty twenty four Double XXLF Freshman Class Salute on that. Well you got that information. How does that feel? You know what I'm saying, That's a big accomplishment.
Speaker 4: It felt great because I felt like I was solidified and solidifying myself in like hip hop, like because everybody don't make it. I like doing stuff that everybody don't do or can't do. So that was like big for me, especially being from Detroit, Like we had a couple winners and stuff like that, but like we really like the last few artists that have been selected for XXCL, like we're really in the streets, like I'd have seen these guys growing up, like I'd have been shot at i'dn't been shot, Like you gotta think like that, like this big for me, Like everything I do be big for me because like bro, I don't feel like I was supposed to do.
Speaker 7: So do you feel like the Double XL Freshman cover Nation and like being picked to be on that is like the Rap Niggas starter Kid in the first step to get into Grammy.
Speaker 3: No, not at all. I don't feel like everybody that's on XX artist or a great.
Speaker 7: Rapper, but nah, But I mean it's just like getting that recognition. Do you feel like that can push people to motivate them to want to go harder to get to that Grammy status.
Speaker 4: No, because some people it depends on what you're rapping for or what you're doing music for Some people in it like it's different levels to music. Like some people not gonna take that step to be like all right, I need creative direction. I'm not that creative feel me. It's all type of steps that you need to take, like some people. Some people in it for the money. Some people don't want to be stadium artists. Some people don't take their time to have stage presence or give them a good show.
Speaker 3: Like it's all what you're in it for. Some people just want the money or know the right.
Speaker 1: They said any else.
Speaker 5: Another win is something that had to feel good was throwing the first pitch at the Detroit game, right, how they feel being from Detroit to being able.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 3: No, that was bigger than XXL to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this whole town.
Speaker 4: Yeah, only because like with the Tigers. That's not like that's our team, but they don't do a lot of urban acts and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Like so you got to be special to do some shit like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Like I feel like.
Speaker 4: Culturally, like our culture and Detroit like far as hip hop and music were not accepted by everybody, you know, because a lot of stuff be true that people talking about a lot of people scared of Detroit. Like it's just we got this narrative on this that people try to stay away from us.
Speaker 8: What's the shit you've seen in this industry? You'd be like, man, i'mna stay away from that.
Speaker 4: Oh, a lot of people be fake, a lot of people be tender. Like a lot of people be doing all types of stuff. A person's people in this industry that just say stuff just to talk. I'm not a person like that. Like you know, people be going behind people back and doing stuff. I'm like, what you see is what you get. Like when they come to me, Like, if I don't like you, I'm not gonna say nothing to you. I'm gonna work past you. If I do fuck with you, I'm gonna fuck with you for real. Can't nobody tell me nothing wrong about you? I ain't gonna be talking about you behind I ain't talk about nobody that I don't like behind their back, like you gonna hear from me like this is just how I am. But like stuff like that, like a girl can listen to your music, say your name, Nah, a nigga don't like you, but it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 7: So, like speaking of Detroit and like a lot of things that you've been doing in the city. One of the things that a lot of people might not know about is you did a fifty thousand dollars gun buy back that took a lot a lot of weapons off the street. So what what kind of like motivated you to do that? And how did that really? Like be successful and come about?
Speaker 4: Always said, when I got successful, did anything, I ain't gonna lie I looked up to the neighborhood dope man like but like it wasn't like because he's so dope. Like it was because like when I was growing up, the dope man took care of the neighborhood like you feel me. So I always wanted to take care of my neighborhood like you know. So when I got successful, I ain't want to just keep eating off people I want to the same people that's pouring into me. I wanted them to feel like they can make it too, like you know, so, and then we got a lot of violence. I'm a vict I'm a victim of good violence, so that was important to me.
Speaker 3: But I do more than that, Like I.
Speaker 4: Give pull up to the kids schools, give them shoes. I'm not a person that just gonna broadcast it dope, but there's something I'm looking to do every month, every day, like regardless, I'm helping people.
Speaker 7: And speaking of the schools, you've alsold two things that I want to like make sure that everybody knows about that they might not know. On an annual yearly basis, you pick five students and give them twenty thousand apiece to help with their college essentials and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, send people to Prime and then get I gave.
Speaker 2: And you send the you send the girl and her date to get like you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah it turned out yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: But I just remember being in high school and I needed stuff like that. So I don't just want to be standy, Like I make a lot of money off music, so it's like, and I be nothing without the people that listen to my music. I'm nothing, so like giving back to them is nothing to me, because like I'm not literally nothing without them, Like they changed my life.
Speaker 8: Yes, what you think make you unique? Like make everybody stand out from everybody else.
Speaker 4: I think everybody else is more like into the hype and I'm not, and people think like I'm a regular person than I am.
Speaker 3: Like I try to show people that I'm regular.
Speaker 4: I don't do drugs, I don't drink like so like when people everybody else being extra, I'm not like I'm just I'm a cool guy.
Speaker 3: I just want to I walk around a lot.
Speaker 4: With no security, people can touch me. I take five hundred pictures of a day. It's just cool. Like I'm just grateful to be here. So I don't be looking at the celebrity as like I'm better than nobody. I only feel like fame just me more people know me than that know you. I don't feel like that define me as better than you. I feel like a lot of people walk around with that that he's on they chest like they superman.
Speaker 3: But I just feel like I'm just blessed for them.
Speaker 9: Nah, for real.
Speaker 5: Another one of the big wins I forgot to mention is nominated for twenty twenty four b T Hip Hop or Breakthrough Artists.
Speaker 1: Right, it's big, that's big.
Speaker 5: Clap it up, you know what I'm saying. We got to clap it up. How does that feel? And it doesn't feel like like man win and lose is a win regardless. Just to be in that conversation.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's big to me only because like I've been watching BET since I was a kid, like this stuff. I never imagined myself doing like being on BET, going to the awards, being a part of the awards, like I've been going to the awards for the last couple of years, and then I told myself this year like if they invite me, I ain't going unless I'm part of it. So I guess that was like God just telling me, like go like you hear me. So that's that was big. Like I can name my favorite moments at BT, like when Chris Brown did to Michael Jackson tribute and cried like that's just like big to me. So you performing, No, I ain't performing, but i'ma be there.
Speaker 1: That's all that matter.
Speaker 7: So another thing as far as like city stuff in Detroit that you're really big on, it's real estate.
Speaker 2: I heard you have like a couple of apartment buildings. You got like eight houses.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of real estate and Detroit.
Speaker 7: But so do you have any like plans to do development on a larger scale or do you want to just kind of keep it like smaller commercial and the residential side.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm gonna do larger commercial stuff. It's just you gotta build your portfolio to that.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I'm like one of the youngest black developers in Detroit. So like, you gotta build your portfolio.
Speaker 2: That's big, y'all. Cone, we need to get some wine or something.
Speaker 4: You gotta build any of that though, like they don't. You got to prove yourself, like when it comes to that, like you got to think that's like that's like a it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Like of a white people's sport.
Speaker 4: Like sure, today most of them buildings and stuff, like they've been on for a hundred years.
Speaker 3: So like right now they're trying to sell me a hotel and stuff.
Speaker 4: But you gotta understand, like when you're buying a hotel, it's not just you buying a building. It's five million got to go into it just to fix it up.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So like finding investments and investors that believe in you and stuff like that. You got to prove yourself, like you gotta like this is what I'm about. This how fast I can.
Speaker 3: Get this done? So that's just what it is about.
Speaker 5: Okay, what else those you got outside of the music, like goals you want to accomplish outside of just you know, hip hop and that culture.
Speaker 4: I just want to be like, I want to be multifaceted, So like I be doing all type of stuff, Like every every week, two days out of the week, I go to acting class, I go to do all type of stuff, Like I just be wanting to do everything. Yeah, I'll be doing everything. I ain't like, I want to be a cultural icon one day. So when people just be talking about me about music and stuff like that, they don't even be knowing. I don't really care because like my whole mind is expanded to some whole other stuff that nobody can't even fathom.
Speaker 3: Like that, I'm thinking.
Speaker 9: About who the goat from Detroit?
Speaker 4: Yeah see this is like a conversation like far as what, Like I got in trouble all.
Speaker 8: The time, go to Detroit. It no matter what they did, they ain't gotta be no rapper. It ain't gotta be nothing. It's just like when it comes.
Speaker 4: When it comes to being a gangsters meet, when it comes to being a uh multi selling artists, eminem when it's come to breaking doors down his teeth. When it comes to being different, it's sada. When it comes to being a street nigga that made it, it's dad, like you feel me. When it comes to Empire women, it's meat like it's different.
Speaker 9: Big shot, that's solid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these different like everybody everybody got like everybody goes to their own in their own lane. You feel me because everybody doing different stuff, Like you know.
Speaker 3: That's all right?
Speaker 5: And speaking of Detroit and ghost Ship, like, is it October second? Is your big birthday?
Speaker 1: Badge?
Speaker 5: Every time I open my Instagram, that's all I say is about your birthday. It's making me want to pop out to it. A man, tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 4: Oh last year I started it, I saw like five six thousand tickets, but like the city has shut me down and stuff, so I had to like that's how I start getting to like being.
Speaker 1: Shut you down? What you mean they shut you down in the middle of some of that.
Speaker 7: Because weren't you having problems with like the police officer, like one particular police officer, So what the hell, Like did you get that resolved?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They felt like so bomb.
Speaker 4: They felt like since how my name was coming up and a lot of stuff, they felt like that that I was the reason a lot of stuff was happening.
Speaker 3: But but you're a great person.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, I feel like this unless you catch me in an actor doing something I ain't doing, so don't don't put that on me like he give I get back to my community and do all this type of stuff. So I don't feel like they should have did it. But I looked at I like I played Devil's advocate, So like if somebody my name do keep coming up and stuff, I gotta accept what come with that. But that come with like anything with success. So I took my time with it this year, and I just I actually get with the police. I do like the gun buybacks and stuff like that, just to build a relationship with them because I'm out the streets. I ain't but I told them like I ain't telling them nobody. So that's why I really got in trouble, Like that's why I was really the police was against me because they thinking I'm gonna tell on somebody.
Speaker 3: But I ain't like that.
Speaker 4: I wasn't raised like that, So I just do stuff with them to be proactive, Like I help get the guns off the streets I'm pulling up if they hadn't like events.
Speaker 2: For the buying them donuts and shit.
Speaker 4: No, but I do stuff like I buy like that uniforms and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I do like that.
Speaker 8: Do you think do you think an artist can be successful one feed in, one feed out the streets?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, it depends on what you define the success though, Like what's your definition.
Speaker 9: Like a stadium stadium artist?
Speaker 3: Not for real? Not for real?
Speaker 4: You can, but you can't because like your focus not gonna be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a full time sport.
Speaker 4: This ain't this ain't you got to think like this a billion dollar industry?
Speaker 9: How hard was it? A transition?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 4: It was very hard because you gotta think, like I came up at a time where I had just got shot, I'm beefing hard, I'm doing all type of stuff, So like.
Speaker 3: It was hard for me like just letting go.
Speaker 8: Do you how hard is it to like be normal now knowing that the people just because you changed and you successful now.
Speaker 9: The people that's upset ain't changing successful yet.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like it's hard for me to I think people around me want me to be less normal than I want to be normal, Like I'm gonna be normal regardless, like people wanting me to walk around like and weird, Like all right, I'm doing this. I feel like I'm doing a job. I might be good at my job, but it's just a job.
Speaker 3: It ain't.
Speaker 4: It don't define me like it do, but it don't like this ain't this don't like I said, it don't make me better than nobody.
Speaker 3: This is just my job.
Speaker 8: No, I'm saying, like you know how they say like like your past can come back to you, like how you deal with that mentally knowing that you're on a different path, but you also live this life. So when you go back home and the same people there, how like how is that like the.
Speaker 7: Same niggas you were into it with the same niggas that didn't like you and all that kind of shit.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like they gonna they really weren't like you.
Speaker 4: Gotta think they fans now, A lot of the fans, but then a lot of stuff, like any like any street guy, you just gotta lay down, Yo, you feel me like, it's just you gotta let people people don't understand in the urban community. Stop they don't understand. Stop, don't mess with me. Please, don't mess with me. They don't understand it. So then you gotta go a different rail. But I try to stay away from people so I won't have to do that type of stuff. But my problem is is I go to events by myself. I still try to be regular, like my little cousin, the number one quarterback in the nation. I gotta go to these football games, and everybody not coming with me.
Speaker 3: I'm going by myself sometimes.
Speaker 4: So it just be stuff like that where people will feel like are he accessible? But then it's just stuff going And then you feel like how you balance that shit though? Like far as what like how you balance it out?
Speaker 8: Like mentally, like knowing that it's haters out there in your city that hate you for the old you? How do you balancee like being out by yourself and doing all that do whatever be on your mental.
Speaker 4: I put God first. Facts feel like nothing that gonna happen to that God don't want to them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you deal with any like nervousness or anxiety at all is when it comes to anything performing or a big moment or anything like that, do you deal with it at all?
Speaker 4: Not performing, I got social anxiety. Like if I'm around, Like if I perform in front of fifty thousand people, I'm cool, Like I was on Travis Scott tour. I was doing that like it was cool. I could do my job, But like socially.
Speaker 7: I'm awkward, Like the same shit with me, like in a like in a club setting or in a setting where it's like too closed in or like too many people.
Speaker 4: Seeing me the other day at Copper Cove, like I just I can move around. If you talk to me, I'm gonna talk to you. But like I'm just not just like okay, yeah. It's like I'm not seeking it, Like it's not like something I'm to die for. Like I just want to be regular sometimes I just want to be around people and just have a good time, like enjoying myself. I like seeing people happy. That's what makes me happy.
Speaker 5: Like if you could be a rapper and never be seen and be successful, would you do that?
Speaker 3: Never be seen?
Speaker 1: You just a voice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like kind of like how her was exactly. I do that for sure. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's crazy.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 9: You got to know that my ship ain't.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even wear a dreary if I ain't, like, if it was like pivotal to what I got going on. I'm not like a diehard, Like I'm not like, I'm not like that. I come from like a sports background, so like I wouldn't even be wearing clothes and doing all that.
Speaker 3: I just you know what I'm saying. I wouldn't like be.
Speaker 4: Buying special clothes and stuff like you feel me like I'd be chilling, Like I'm a chill guy. Like I sit at home, like my house always clean because I don't go around my house.
Speaker 3: I just be in one room.
Speaker 8: It's it's crazy you said that, because how important is it you feel like it is to look the part like you got all these hit songs, all these accoladesy just so when I see you, do you feel like I have to see you? You get what I'm saying, you saying, I wouldn't even I wouldn't even be into that if I ain't have to do that, right, it.
Speaker 3: Depends on what setting. Like.
Speaker 4: In the right setting, you might catch me with some bullshit on like the real but like my manager had to force me to like, yeah, you gotta start putting clothes on and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So and then like.
Speaker 4: Culturally, like from Detroit, like people like to wear clothes and stuff.
Speaker 3: But me personally, I'm not really that type of guy. I'm chill.
Speaker 4: I like to sit in the background. I still like I'm sitting in a club, people looking at me. I got my shades on. I'm watching the whole club like, I ain't even I don't really think about some bullshit for real, I ain't even like you know, I ain't think about nothing else.
Speaker 3: I got my shades on. They think I'm high, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm looking you dead and yo, I you don't even know like I'm that tarfect guy.
Speaker 7: So let me ask you this because another thing that a lot of people out here might not know. You have a very extensive writing credit list for a lot of people. Yeah, So, being that we were just talking about being like a faceless rapper or whatever, would you ever get to a point where you would be tired of rapping and you would be cool just doing your writing things for all the people that you've done writing.
Speaker 4: For for sure if I like, because I look at music like as an industry and a business, I don't look at it like, all right, I'm supposed to be the biggest rapper in the world. I want to Should I go make beats, play the keyboard anything like? Yeah, people don't understand how much money people be making. I actually got the writing ship because I was studying how Future was doing it. Yeah you know, and like somebody was just telling me, like everything come through Atlanta, go through Future a lot, and I was like, you hear me? And then I was just saying, like he making money off everything, he going to write, he producing ship like feel me.
Speaker 2: And he plays the flute all kinds of shit.
Speaker 4: He the type of ship like He'm talented for real, for real. People won't know because they not that's not the focus point, but they don't know. Like if I'm writing for you, I'm getting more money off your song than you is, then you are exactly. That's why, like I don't really speak on it because I just rather just be my business, Like you feel me, That's just something that I'm doing. If you need a hook or something, I'll help you, like if you need to make a song or something like that. But that's because I'm really into studying the music industry, like I ain't really trying to be just one dimensional.
Speaker 8: For if you, if you could have chosen another general music to blow up in, I signed the rap what It'll be.
Speaker 3: R and B for sure. I don't listen to rap for R and B.
Speaker 9: What's your favorite R and B song?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Summer Walker Session thirty two. I go through your love letters soot it makes me feel better.
Speaker 3: I ain't got you all out my head.
Speaker 4: I'm sending in you one text at that time, and I know you were bouy your phone, so girl, I ain't too proud to be yeah and said it has been said.
Speaker 10: Okay, I you to know.
Speaker 3: You don't know what it is, and I need you to know.
Speaker 10: You don't know say it. You don't know what love is. If you don't put up a five, you don't know love, no facts if you up.
Speaker 2: Okay, front row Okay, and.
Speaker 9: I knew what's up?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 8: You got a Detroit legend in the building avenue on the second row.
Speaker 7: He's sitting over there by my manager, Shorten theire Okay like that.
Speaker 5: The skill of Baby R and B album is coming I don't care what I said, you're gonna call something like that.
Speaker 4: Though I got some R and B stuff, I just want to perfect it first. Okay, I got to use auto tune sometimes. Yeah, hold that note.
Speaker 8: I'm already seeing myself, bro, that's how Yeah.
Speaker 2: That nigga was called back in the days.
Speaker 3: I thought, No, I'm not.
Speaker 8: Said anything else.
Speaker 7: So look another thing that I wanted to ask you to now that we're talking about, like the softer side and the R and B and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Why do you.
Speaker 7: Think it is that like women, children and even just people in general are drawn to you.
Speaker 3: I'm a real person.
Speaker 4: Like, like I said, people be feeling like they're not real people. I think people can relate to me. I'm childish, I'm I'm loving, and I'm caring. I ain't trying to hide the fact that I cry. Like I don't care, like what it is is what you get with me? Like I don't care like.
Speaker 3: How it looks. Yeah, I don't care how it looks because like.
Speaker 4: I'm not looking to be judged, right right, So I don't really care, like for real what I I don't feel like I'm less mainly because I got emotions.
Speaker 2: You know exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't feel like I know what I'm gonna do with if a nigga run up on me too, So it's like, yeah, I'm gonna laugh about it too.
Speaker 1: Like what does Atlanta mean?
Speaker 5: The skill of baby Man, the culture of Atlanta, the music, the everything Atlanta?
Speaker 1: What does it mean to feel like.
Speaker 4: New York and Atlanta is like one of the meccas of hip hop? Like I feel like New York was first, but I feel like Atlanta is like the place where like y'all breed like success, like in different ways, Like I feel like you.
Speaker 3: Gotta come to Atlanta to besful.
Speaker 5: Why you think Atlanta and Detroit so similar, Like it's always like Atlanta niggas and Detroit niggas always kick it and get along and ship like that.
Speaker 1: Why you think it's like.
Speaker 4: Because because Detroit niggas really country and we don't like to admit it. Like all our family from the country. So like most Detroit people, if you ask them where they daddy or their granddaddy's from, they gonna say, are.
Speaker 3: They from he from Georgia? From Alabama? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Skill a baby is in the building at Revolt World.
Speaker 5: We're gonna take some questions from the audience to anybody want to hollerand skal a baby, ask them a question, holler as, how are we doing this? Shah, y'all find shy holler shot. We're gonna unless y'all holler as skill a baby. You know what I'm saying. So what what what you once? You got cooked up coming like soon musically? What's next musically? Because you've been banging them dropping a lot of bangers, you know what I'm saying, projects and all that, But what can the fans look forward to you next?
Speaker 1: From you next? Musically?
Speaker 4: I'm really just trying to perfect, Like, uh, I'm trying to take my sound to another level, you know.
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 4: Right now, I feel like I got comfortable doing certain stuff, and I feel like all right all the.
Speaker 3: Time, Like.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I think like a lot of my stuff just been repetitive, you know, And I'm I'm like, I'm like I criticized myself the most, so I know, like like there's just me just being critique of my own self. Feel like I'm comfortable with certain sounds and certain beats and certain cadences. I feel like I just need to step out my comfort zone and do something like that. People don't expect me to do, you know.
Speaker 2: But that's why you're like perfecting the R and B thing before you put it.
Speaker 3: Out right, But not just R and B.
Speaker 4: It's like even music with more substance, Like I feel like boom, I know how to make something that that can go crazy in a club, Like that's just easy for me, Like I could do that, right. I want something that like people around the world can listen to and feel like, not even when you're just in the club, like even if you're just going through something like I want to protect that side of myself when to come to music.
Speaker 8: Okay, when you made your first hit song, was you surprised or you knew it was a hit?
Speaker 4: I was surprised you ain't did it before. So you don't know what people don't like. That's one thing about this. You don't know what people gonna like out put all of it out. But then it's like some people want certain things from you, but then other people don't. Like Some girls like the women records, some girls don't. Some guys like what women like. Some guys want you to talk about the streets. But people got to understand that. Like like an artist like me, I rap about what I go through.
Speaker 3: Like when I was doing all that.
Speaker 4: Street shit, I was in the streets like trying to do bullshit. So like it's it ain't easy rapping about that you ain't going through right now, Like you know, I agree.
Speaker 5: Do you think that the artists that continue to do that, even when they completely remove from that, do you think that that hurts their progression?
Speaker 4: I feel like they started trying to people that's not that that's removed theirselfs and better their life that keep trying to do that type of artistry, you always see them fucked up because like they might be successful in that type of artistry, but their life like they on drugs, they don't. They trying to do bullshit. That's why I ain't gonna lie. Like like a lot of I feel like a lot of rap artists and stuff be passing away because like we trap ourselves. Like after you successful, if you're successful, bro, you're supposed to move on with your success. People chasing that same high like fame.
Speaker 9: Is high good Yeah, not a good point, bro.
Speaker 4: So niggas be chasing that same highlight when they first came out, but nigga. When you first came out, you were dirty, You was dusty. You wasn't getting fifty thousand in the show. You wouln't getting a hundred thous.
Speaker 8: Can't get that hunger back, that same hunger that's gonna be hungry for something else.
Speaker 3: All right, boom right, you get it right? All right? You smoking weed?
Speaker 4: Your first time you smoke weed, you were blitzed, like youre out your mind, like you it felt like you high as hell. But then like then you were like, damn, this wee week is hell. You might smoke the same weed but it's weak.
Speaker 3: But then you stop.
Speaker 4: Smoking weed and then you could get the same high off the same weed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's the transitional coming out the club and being like a toy artist and a ticket hard ticket seal artist.
Speaker 4: I was actually talking to Future about that shit. It's like, all right, boom all last year they was giving fifty sixty thousand to go to the club.
Speaker 3: That's shit, right. But if somebody giving you that.
Speaker 4: Nigga's going to pay you going to pay forty dollars to get in the club, They're not going to see you. You feel me, when you're trying to sell hard tickets, you feel me, because they you're going to do the same shit in the club, especially if you're not giving a show. So it's like you got to learn the business when it come to that tool, Like you got to know when to pull out, when to go do all this, you know, cause some of them Meigg's getting a million dollars a show, like a lot of them, a lot of them like you feel me. But they creative direction. It's so crazy, like they really know what they want to do. They perfecting their craft.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 8: It's crazy because you can be getting fit in a club had to start at like a five hundred people venue to sell tickets.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You can sell out a club two three thousand people, but no tickets.
Speaker 1: Try to.
Speaker 3: It because halving them people is going to the club anyway. Reveal me.
Speaker 4: It just happened to be you going. So it's like, all right, I'm really going. But like I'm about getting a club for forty dollars. If I could go to the club for forty dollars and see motherfucker jay Z Tupac, even some of the artists now, like if if I could go see motherfucker Future for forty dollars. You think I ain't going to see future crazy, I about to go listen Plutoski whatever, you just drop fire. Yeah, he was gonna crazy about it. You think I ain't about to go do that in the club? I about go do that for forty dollars for sure.
Speaker 5: Hey, we're gonna go to the audience to take some questions for a skill of baby.
Speaker 1: What we got?
Speaker 3: What we got?
Speaker 2: How y'all doing?
Speaker 11: So I'm an independent artist by myself for I really don't have a team. So my question would be to you is basically, what advice would you give to an independent artist with no team?
Speaker 3: For real?
Speaker 11: Like do you think it's possible to even get on the level that you're at with no team? And like how would you go about it? Because I do everything myself, but it's like it kind of takes me from being the artist, but it's like it's prospering. So I gotta keep going, you know what I'm saying. But I don't know how far it can go with no teams. So we'll be your advice.
Speaker 4: I mean, when it comes to being girl is different because y'all gotta have a glam team, y'all gotta have here and makeup all that stuff. So when it come to that, yeah, but like I feel like a lot of independent artists, like you gotta what that if some brutal honesty they told me when I was like not doing so well like with music, was like I ain't But why would you get a manager? Fifteen percent if that ain't coming in like that? You feel me, so like fifteen to twenty percent nothing that is like you don't want to do that, So you just got to push through all that and keep making music, Like keep making music that don'll never stop making music, y'all never know where your music gonna take you, like if you keep knocking at the same door as going eventually opening something facet like you feel me when it come to girls like I can't speak on like glam teams, but like management and stuff like that, get a management team when you got something to manage, you know, And that's that's really important. Like don't a lot of artists they don't end up with a lot of money because before they start making money, they owe money. So people putting up money towards making enough money and now you owe a niggas one hundred and two hundred thousand. He didn't put you in a contract and now you go to a label he can have for what you make, only because you felt like you needed to do that. But I feel like, just push through it. If it's what you love, just keep doing it, and then that door will open.
Speaker 7: And I feel like, So another thing that might be useful is a lot of the things in the first initial stages that you would need, like a management team or even just like a regular team to do. You can and talk to people. You can ask questions. You can look on YouTube and you know, just kind of find out like how do I start my YouTube page so that I can monetize it and start making money, How do I monetize my Instagram? How do I get pitched for playlisting with Spotify?
Speaker 2: Like all those types of things.
Speaker 7: You can research on your own and do the best that you can to get those wheels turning and to get those wheels started. So, like he said, by the time you get ready to have something that needs to be managed, you already have motion and you already have an idea of what's going on, so that when you do get a team, your team can go ahead and kind of just fall into place and help, and you'll also know what's going on so that your team will never be able to cheat you facts.
Speaker 4: That's important because like Jay was saying, like before before I got any success off music, and it was just seeing I was making more money than a lot of Detroit artists and stuff like that, because like I said, they was having people fund them and do all this stuff. And I've learned it was fied six ways. I could make money off one song, just one song. I was making money off YouTube. I was making money off distro kid that you got publishing checks that come through every three months. So like if you keep putting out music and say you make five hundred dollars one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Every month off one project.
Speaker 4: If you put out Foxmo projects, now you making five thousand, but that's just off one avenue. Then you got YouTube, you putting out videos, you monetizing that. So it's like it's all about what type of success you want to be as an artist anyway, But I would say just study the music business and understand everything that's that somebody could come at you with music and then get you a team once you start making money.
Speaker 5: Dope information, Dope information dope information, Who's next?
Speaker 1: The question for skill of baby, big fact, Live remote World.
Speaker 12: Let's go, how do you how do you get over the fear of success and to build your confidence when you know you're talented and you know you're gifted, or.
Speaker 3: You know you know you have what it.
Speaker 12: Takes, but you gotta you can't get you can't get over that fear of becoming successful or the unknown.
Speaker 4: See that's I had to tell my sister about that, like the fear of an unknown. That was like a big thing with me and my sister because she like she got a culinary degree, but she like she's scared to open the restaurant. So one day I just was like, all right, go make a bunch of dinners.
Speaker 3: And I was.
Speaker 4: I was successful as a rapper when I was doing this. I was like, go make a bunch of dinners. I'm about to sell them for you. She made more money that she did, be in a head shift somewhere, and she's like, damn, I really could do this. So like, I don't think like I don't think like fear is a bad thing. I feel like when you go into stuff not being humble and you're not scared to take a risk you going and being arrogant. That's when you feel I feel like fear is good, Like all right, Uh, the higher the risk, the higher the reward. So it's like, if you ain't scared to do this, it's like.
Speaker 3: Why you doing it?
Speaker 4: Why you ain't even taking no risks like you feel me, that's the whole thing were in it for. Like we're trying to get big success. We ain't trying to like all right, I'm about to go to work every day and like that's cool for a minute. But when it come to your dreams, you gotta take real risks, like you gotta really be scared of this ship, Like I'm scared to feel like I'm scared to not do good.
Speaker 3: I gotta.
Speaker 8: If you if you ain't, if you ain't in fear, your your dream ain't big enough. You know what I'm saying. You're supposed to be scared. Like anytime I walk out, I don't care whatever I walk out to. I got butterflies. I don't care if it's two people in the audience, it's gonna be butterflies.
Speaker 3: Gotta put that pressure on yourself like everybody.
Speaker 4: If like but the biggest things, like I ever got success from I put a lot of pressure on myself and it was like make or break, Like, all right, if I don't do this, I ain't paying my bills like you feel me even when if I go shoot dice, like if I don't make this money, I'm going home. I'm really about to cheat you for real. I'm going home and pay my bills for real. So I'm about to do like I ain't about to do no whole shit to a nigga, nothing like that. But I'm for sure.
Speaker 3: I got to win.
Speaker 4: I got it win Like, this's no other options, no plan, beat this ship like I gotta win.
Speaker 3: So the fear like that's what you what?
Speaker 1: We got? One more more?
Speaker 6: What's going on your my nay instinkface. I'm a DJ engineer and producer, and my question I'm doing, not how you doing? My question is for you, bro, what's the most direct route for me to get some beats to you?
Speaker 3: Uh? Day in this front row? Right here? Oh there go wine Wine, raise your hand. That's my managerog want.
Speaker 2: In a white T shirt.
Speaker 6: Appreciate you?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 9: I like that? How you have been there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We got yeah, we got some more more?
Speaker 1: One more?
Speaker 3: Let's go, Hey, what's handling man?
Speaker 13: My name is Jay from the A the City Boys podcast.
Speaker 3: Shout out.
Speaker 13: My question to you is I heard Future say that he found the glitch in the matrix. So my question to you is, how did you hack your brain to find that focus or find that avenue to be successful.
Speaker 3: That's a good question, that is a great question. I feel like success come with sacrifice.
Speaker 4: I was just talking about earlier, like I lost my whole childhood to this shit, like I swear to God, Like when I was fifteen, my whole family got mad because I stopped playing basketball and shit like that. But like I figured out that I didn't. I loved basketball, but I ain't love that will come with it. I found something I love. I was like doing music, and I just put my all into one thing. You feel me, And I said, my life is gonna be based if I'm gonna do something, they gonna know me for music, like they gonna know me for this, Like I don't give a fuck if I'm an ass wrapper terrible, you gonna know me for trying hard doing this. I'm gonna keep doing this shit. You gonna know me for this shit. And eventually, like when you put ten thousand dollars in you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: Better, like you're gonna you feel me.
Speaker 4: It's just put your head down and you just run with something like you feel me eventually gonna be successful. And I think that's what it is. It's like people lose focused when they like when you take an ill or you you like, everything don't go your way. You get discouraged. And I feel like that's the biggest thing with what like with her question, like the fear, like people fear failure, but failure breeds success, Like I'm gonna feel a hundred times, but I'm gonna keep getting back up.
Speaker 3: It's just like a fight.
Speaker 4: A nigga might not want to fight, you know, he might beat your ass, but if he knows you're gonna hear him hard than his shit, he gonna stop trying to just run up on you though, Like if you I'm going to succeed one of them times, I'm gonna get up and I'm gonna beat you the fuck it. So that's what you just gotta go with your mindset like that.
Speaker 5: Fact words some skiller baby word some skiller baby at Revote World, Man, we appreciate you coming to chop it. Up with us. You know what I'm saying. It's always great energy. We wish you much continue success, you know what I'm saying. We hope that everything that you want to accomplish you accomplish that. Even more than that, you know what I'm saying, and that's some team. Big Facts the skill a baby. You did what I'm saying, Nick Bright, Visit the new website today, Big factspod dot com