Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off now.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific Threeastern, Sundays three Pacific sixth Eastern, and I'm currently in the dark, so stand by. Will I turn these lights on? Hey? There we go? Perfect timing. It is uh, it's Monday on the show, and you know what that means. We have a lot to talk about here today because not only is it Monday, but it is also the beginning of WrestleMania week and boy is there a lot going on. In an hour two hours actually to Pacific five Eastern. I will be joined by Filthy Tom Lawler for our weekly show. And what we are going to do is try to preview everything major that is going on this weekend. And there are a lot of different shows other than WrestleMania, and probably on Tuesday, I will talk about the plan that we have for this coming weekend because I am not going to WrestleMania. I will be here and my family will be gone. They are heading out for spring break on Friday. I will head out to meet them after WrestleMania on Monday. But that means I'm home all weekend and I have nothing to do but watch five million wrestling shows. And so we have a lot that we will be watching and covering this WrestleMania weekend. So we will tell you all about that and all of the rest of the news, including the latest in the Vince McMahon. Janelle Grant story. New York Post Today wrote about an alleged love letter that she sent to Vince McMahon, and we'll tell you what Grant's lawyer says about this, and uh and a lot more so, a lot to get into here today. Mike simper Bb joins us after the break back. In a moment Observer lived give.
Speaker 4: How would you like to go on a five star vacation for just ninety nine dollars. We're talking about the quality of a Westgate resort for ninety nine dollars, not for one night, but for three fantastic nights at one of their luxurious destinations across the United States, and you'll even get a free one hundred dollars visa gift card just for making a reservation. We've got some of the choicest destinations that you'll love in the United States that you can choose from for just ninety nine dollars for a three night's day, Take your family, take a special love one but get away, go on vacation with Westgate Resorts. All now to make a reservation for just ninety nine dollars and you get a free one hundred dollars visa gift card col Westgate right now and book your vacation. Here's the number.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred two nine two sixty one five six. Eight hundred two nine two six one five six, eight hundred two nine two sixty one five six. That's eight hundred two ninety two sixty one fifty six.
Speaker 6: President Biden recently released a massive six trillion dollar budget, the largest budget in US history. And guess who pays the b bill. That's right, you, the American taxpayer. American citizens and business owners will be paying more taxes.
Speaker 7: That's a fact. And if you owe back.
Speaker 6: Taxes, they will be coming after you to collect payments. In fact, President Biden also hired thousands more IRS agents to go after you. If you've got a letter from the IRS and you know you owe back taxes or you haven't filed in years, don't put your head in the sand. Call us today. We've saved our customers millions of tax dollars. One quick, free phone call will show you how we can reduce your pass tax bill and save you thousands guaranteed, or you pay nothing. Call now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred nine four nine OO three nine eight hundred nine four nine O three nine. That's eight hundred nine four nine zero zero thirty nine, paid for by the tax Helpline.
Speaker 8: I don't even recognize myself anymore.
Speaker 7: I'm really worried about him, this addiction. I haven't seen them like this ever.
Speaker 8: Hey, look, I never wanted to start using I knew the drill, but I was out of options.
Speaker 7: I just want to tell them it's not your fault. There are people out there who can help people who have felt your pain. They know what you're going through.
Speaker 8: This has to stop. I'm losing everything.
Speaker 7: Everyone you've been strong in your whole life. You can do this, but you have to reach out for help.
Speaker 8: It's time I can do this.
Speaker 7: Addiction is a disease, and diseases need treatment.
Speaker 9: Call quit Drugs three two one now at eight hundred three seven eight three five eight eight hundred three seven eight three five oh eight. That's eight hundred three seven eight thirty five eight paid for by the Detox and Treatment Helpline.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMBERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Mick in the show, Brian Albarez here, Wrestling Observer Live, Mike simper VV, also of Wrestling Observer dot com. Well, it looks like I'll be listening to that cmpunk interview on Aeriel Helwani's show later today.
Speaker 6: May.
Speaker 3: They're already about it in the chat, aren't they.
Speaker 1: I was just reading. I didn't look at the chat. I was reading what people were saying on the board, and I'll listen to it later.
Speaker 3: He's good on podcasts.
Speaker 1: Won't make any comments about anything right now. I don't even know what to make a comment about, all right, Obviously the big story here today, This from the front page of Wrestling Observer dot com. The lawyer representing Janelle Grant says Grant was co worced into writing quote a love letter to McMahon in late twenty twenty one. Your Post published an article on Monday containing a lengthy email Grant wrote to McMahon on December twenty four, twenty twenty one, in which he professes her love for WWE's former executive chairman. Grant's lawyer and Callous said McMahon instructed Grant to write the letter, which was obtained from Grant's laptop as part of WWE's investigation into allegations against McMahon. It is expected to appear in future court filings as Grant's lawsuit against McMahon and w WE proceeds. Frankly and Callous said, this is the lawyer of Grant. Frankly, it's pretty disgusting that Vince's week's late attempt to defend his horrendous behavior, behavior he claims to this day never happened, is to try to showcase letters that Vince himself coerced her to write. His psychological torture of her continues, as is typical with abusive predators. Who respond to women speaking out with increased threats. While Janelle isn't a stranger to his intimidation tactics, this is a new low, even for him. Callous noted much of Grant's letter to McMahon was plagiarized. For instance, Grants Grant wrote to McMahon, I feel understood, accepted, loved and appreciated for who I am. At my core, you see my heart, you see my soul. There are few people who know the secret of making a heaven here on earth. You were one of those rare people. Lines taken verbatim from the nineteen forty seven film The Bishop's Wife. Another part of the letter was taken from a twenty twenty one GQ interview with Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly. What McMahon's lawyer Jessica? And this is another thing here, This is what we learned today. Are you ready for this? Yes, Vince McMahon's lawyer is Jessica Todd Rosenberg of Castlewich Benson Torres. Who are they you ask? This is the same firm that represented MLW in its twenty twenty three antitrust lawsuit against WWE, which of course was settled and MLW ended up with whatever they ended up with, twenty million dollars or whatever it ended up being. Vince's lawyer is from the firm that represented MLW against WWE, and then Vince's lawyer says no one coerced Miss Grant to write that letter. She wrote it of her own accord. The fact the letter shows it was the twenty fourth draft speaks volumes, which I'm actually not sure.
Speaker 3: I'm not baffling.
Speaker 1: Well, she began the letter. If you want to read the whole letter, it's on the front page of Rustlingobserver dot com. I'm not gonna read it here. But she begins the letter saying, this is draft twenty four. So I don't know if they're just saying it's draft twenty four because that's what she wrote, or if they have some way of determining it was actually the twenty fourth draft that she wrote. But it says no one in her nowhere, in her voluminous that is replete with fabrications. This is Vince's lawyer. Does she mention being coerced into such behavior. The language of the letter is consistent with other communications she made to mister McMahon over the course of their consensual relationship. And again, if you want to read this letter, which is so long, you're welcome to do so.
Speaker 3: It's even described as a rambling twenty two hundred word letter. I you know, sixty eight days after the initial story comes out. It's interesting timing with what the WWEPR machine put out today about ratings as they kick off their WrestleMania week. I don't know if Vince's lawyer is flexing in the way that she thinks is I guess she's flexing in a way that she thinks is beneficial. By saying that it's the twenty fourth draft that speaks volumes, I don't know what that speaks volumes.
Speaker 1: Of that have to do with anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if she's writing these letters at you know, his request, to the point where she's actually just lifting things completely out of other articles because he just wants to have his letter, you know, it's just it's something, it's something else, that's for sure. I uh. Again, this is now the second time too that should be pointed out that Nick Cohn has been said to know about this relationship. Now, granted they both come from Janelle Grant, but this is now Janelle Grant. You know, I don't care who knows about well.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on, So the I read the entire letter. Okay, and these are the names that she wrote in the letter, and I guess one of them could have been a misspelling. But she says, even though so few people know about us, the most freeing feeling this year came when we got to act like a couple, openly, freely, when Mickey, Paul and the chef we're around us. So nowhere is Nick con mentioning here, but Paul would likely be well, I shouldn't even say that because we don't know, but people have been presuming that must be. I mean, it could be. Actually, there are multiple Paul's in the company. Could be Triple H. Could be Paul Hayman. I don't know who Mickey is, and I certainly don't know who this chef is.
Speaker 3: But that's not true because it goes on to say whether it's your assistance, a chef, Brad, Nick, Johnny, or whoever sees us together. I think it's undeniable to them or anyone who sees us that we.
Speaker 1: Are actually you may be right, I may have.
Speaker 3: We are in love with the capital L, which is one of the things that she's accuser has said that she has lifted directly from that GQ thing with Megan Kelly and machine Gun Kelly. I think whatever named Megan Fox and machine Gun Kelly, I think that in Megan Kelly and machine Gun Kelly together, that's the story.
Speaker 1: Actually, this it maybe an issue with the front page of Wrestling Observer dot com because the letter on the front page ends with it must be intoxicating with no other and not even a period there. So presumably there's more of the letter I have not read. So if you're listening to this and you're an editor at the front page of the website, you might want to put the rest of the letter in. So what does it say? What names does it say? After that?
Speaker 3: Again, at one point in this long thing it says whether it's your assistance, a chef, brad Nick, Johnny, or whoever sees us together. I think it's undeniable to them or anyone who sees us that we are in love with a capital L. Others who think they know you so well must be surprised when they see us act so sweetly together, practically like kids.
Speaker 1: Where is this entire letter? I may have to go to the Post. Well, we'll follow that up after the break.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and there is.
Speaker 1: But yes, I presume that's in there if you've read.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, that's in the New York Post. And even there, if you go to the New York Post site, it's got a kind of a slide show for it, which goes seven pictures. So that shows you how long this letter is.
Speaker 1: Why is this so difficult because it's Monday, Well, it's just I mean, so.
Speaker 3: You didn't have lights set your certain Russell Meania week brother.
Speaker 1: Well, regardless, this is this is the latest in the story. We'll have more on this after the break, but if you have comments, you can text this forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six and that is forty five seven eight zero seven, five sixty six. The only other thing I could add is the story is apparently there was another communication where she, I think it was on the twenty first, somewhere around there, she got surgery on her finger, and so she sent Vince a text basically saying, you know, how am I going to do this with the finger? How am I going to write your letter? And so you know her site is saying, well that right, there is proof that Vince told her to write this letter to him, and yes, whether it's your assistance a chef, so we still know who this chef is, Brad Nick, Johnny or whoever sees this together. I think it's undeniable to them or anyone who sees us. We are in love with a capital.
Speaker 3: L, Vincey making pancakes, so it's probably safe to assume, even though we do not know, that it's his personal chef. And in this text message that she sent him, which the Janelle Grandside did not put out but has said, yes it did come from Vince, she does say how will I write your letter? I can type it and read it or try to write it in a couple of days. I'm so sorry if I messed this up. I want you to have a nice letter.
Speaker 1: Back in a moment. The more Everybody Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike simper vv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Bryan Albert is here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike simper Vv also Wrestling Observe dot Com. This punk interview MM. Apparently we'll be talking about that tomorrow but.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny talking about it tonight, That's sure.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is uh you know, I I've read I haven't heard it from him, so I'll say limited things, but I've read the recaps of what he said, and it's it's pretty funny how nothing he's said contradicts anything that we reported at anytime about any of this. So about that.
Speaker 3: About maybe that's that part of it is stuck in an NBA somewhere in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: So tonight is raw and they have tough competition and as a result, my absolute most hated thing on earth first hour of raw commercial free. So uh yeah, that'll be fun. But it is completely sold out and they've got a big lineup for tonight, including the Rock and Roman Reigns are going to be appearing on the show. So whatever the show does, it is going to do as good as it could possibly do. We can we can.
Speaker 3: Say that, well.
Speaker 1: It's going to be as good as it can possibly.
Speaker 3: If those damn basketball.
Speaker 1: Game, if they didn't have these these ball players had to head. We've also got Di I Wy versus New Day versus Judgment Day in an eight man tag. Let me start over again. These eight man tags missed me up every time. D I Y and the New Day against all of the Judgment Day eight man tag. We got Candice and Indie versus Ivy and Maxine, and Sammy's Ain will be facing Bronson Reid, which is a rematch. I so Bronson Reid beat Sammy last week, and I thought, well, you know, the obvious is, you know, Sammy's gonna beat Gunther and then Bronson will be one of his first challengers. Yes, maybe not. Sammy may should beating him tonight.
Speaker 3: WHOA, look, I'd like to see that. But remember Chad Gable was there giving advice to Sammy's Ain. I don't think they'll do this. I hope they don't do this. They're not going to turn this into a four way, are they.
Speaker 1: I think that that would be a bad.
Speaker 3: Idea, insane, but you know what would be good.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that from what I understand, that is not the plan. You know, and plans can change. But right now, it's a singles.
Speaker 3: Match, Sammy's Ain defending that title in Montreal against Chad Gable and Bronson reed.
Speaker 1: Well, they've also I mean the other thing is they've announced the participants in there, The Giant Memorial Battle Royal and Bronson is in there, as is Chad Gable. So I don't think they're turning this into a four way. It's it's and it is scheduled at this point to be a singles match at WrestleMania. And then we've got Standing to Liver Go Home Show tomorrow, which is Carl Anderson, Luke Gallows versus Zaxim and Nathan Frasier versus Joaquin Wilde and Cruise Del Toro, Carmelo and Trick have their final face off Lyra and Rox sand in Supernova Sessions, Soul Ruca versus Blair Davenport and Fallon Hanley versus j C. Jane Wednesday, we have got Dynamite in Wooshter, is that correct? Worcester, Worcester, Worchester, Massachusetts with Samo, Joe and Swerve Strickland in a contract signing. And you know, as much as people talk about how there's too many contract signings, the fact of the matter is AW doesn't do a lot of contract signings. There are a million contract signings, and so when you hear that there's going to be a contract signing on this AW show's like oh my god, another one, but they actually don't do it very often.
Speaker 3: As long as somebody goes through a table, that's all we.
Speaker 1: Need that shows it. Twenty seven seventy three at this point, this Dynamite. On Wednesday, we have the Young Bucks versus Best Friends semifinal match, aw Tag Team Title Tournament, Mariah May versus thunder Rosa, and a number one Contenders match, Will Ospray versus Powerhouse Hobbs in the Battle of Will's Billy Gunn versus Jay White, and I Assure did? I Assure did? And Chris Jericho will call out hook. You know, watching watching Rampage. I mean, I don't want to go on a big thing, but there's a reason that aw was on fire in twenty nineteen and twenty twenty and WWE was having double digit declines, and that was because WWE sucked and AADUBD was a far superior alternative. And the fact of the matter is you if you are number two and you're trying to beat number one, number one, it's hard no matter what. But number two you got to be better than them in virtually every single way. And you know, two weeks ago on SmackDown, we saw home invasion storyline with aj Styles and La Night, and then we saw this one with the ass boys, Like literally they got into the house by using the garage door opener because they're his sons.
Speaker 3: It's not a crime if it's family.
Speaker 1: And then they walked into the house and you could see that like Billy Gunn or maybe his wife or maybe both of them were like, do not destroy anything, and so they got to knock an empty milk jug off the counter, and then they acted like they were going to destroy the TV, which, by the way, you can go to Costco and get a TV that big for like one hundred and forty dollars. No, they did not allow them to even bring in a fake TV to destroy. And then Billy showed up and they left, and it was like the WWE version was a billion times better?
Speaker 3: Wasn't there?
Speaker 1: Billion times better?
Speaker 3: Wasn't there? Also? Whether is it the dynamite from the week before or from a couple of days before playing on the TV even though nobody was in the house at first?
Speaker 1: Oh hey, I mean, if Billy was on it, maybe you wanted to watch it in a loop.
Speaker 3: I can unders maybe they were sitting outside and or completely deaf and didn't hear any of this going on before they stepped back through the front door. But look, most of the time, and there's an exception to every rule. Funny doesn't make money, levity does in serious situations. The less of some Hey the Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin and singing back and forth to each other before Rustlemania eighteen or whatever it was. That was funny, but it was also involved in something that was really heated. This was just a throwaway, and at least when it came to La Night and aj Styles, we got a little bit of a different spin. Even if you thought it was stupid. We got bodycam footage from cops supposedly, and we got more of a story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was extremely well done.
Speaker 3: And so again, Jay White, I don't know, seems like you could be doing something better than this. But Philly Gunn against Jay White in twenty twenty four, here we go.
Speaker 1: Point is, Tony needs to sit down probably with some other smart people, because they got plenty of smart people working there, let me tell you, and figure out what can we do better than WWE and focus on Trump to do that. And you know, storylines are subjective, but you know Paul won Best Booker, Tony didn't, and WWE's storylines are clicking in a big time way. Like everyone's like, well, you know, it's not gonna matter because it's WrestleMania season. They can't. Yeah, it is hard during Mania season, but part of the reason it's hard is because they're peaking. Like fans are into all of these storylines leading into WrestleMania. They're into all of these characters, they're into all of these matches. So it's not just Mania season. It's like everything is peaking right now because of the work they've done for the last year.
Speaker 3: And guess what, not only are they peaking with that lawn they have once they step off that lawn after WrestleMania, they have so much that has been fertilized, and that grass is looking real lush and green right now, unlike mine outside it's looking really good because you have bron Breaker coming up, Carmelo Hayes coming up, Andy Stratton who has already gotten over to in a certain extent, and you've done nothing with Jade, you just debuted what about Damian Priest in the briefcase Drew McIntyre. You start going down the line of things. And you may not like everybody, you may not like all the storylines now, but look what they're set up for. What if gunthro loses that intercontinental title just by doing that, he's in the world title picture and he's somebody else that people believe in because of how you've treated him and how he's been portrayed this whole time. So a lot of it has to do with long distance, and I don't want to hear this stuff that Tony Book's long distance. He's got his ideas whatever, Okay, he doesn't have it for the balance of the proceedings. And that shows itself constantly in that company as opposed to what WWE is doing right now, for good or for bad, whether you like it or not.
Speaker 1: Well WWE said at a press release touting their success, and if you think that this is gonna be the only thing coming out over the next week, think again, brother, They're gonna be They're gonna be letting you know everything. The quarter one twenty twenty four SmackDown, averaging eight hundred and ninety two thousand viewers in eighteen to forty nine, up fifteen percent year over year. The rank number one person's eighteen to forty nine across all total day Friday broadcasts eleven of the first twelve weeks of the quarter. February sixteenth episode nine hundred and eighty five thousand viewers in eighteen to forty nine, making it the most viewed program on all of television for the entire week. February twelve, Quarter one twenty twenty four ross seven hundred and thirty three thousand in eighteen to forty nine, up six percent year over year. Number one in eighteen to forty nine. Nine of the thirteen weeks of the quarter. NXT up thirty one percent in eighteen to forty nine year over year, SmackDown in total viewers up three percent and RAW down seven percent total viewers. NXT up seven percent in total viewers. Obviously, a lot of this has to do with the return of The Rock, And you know it's funny, you know, I can't remember what number we were at at YouTube, but like we were stuck there for seemingly months, and then the Rock showed up and it went. And the same thing happened with WWE. They had a date when they expected to break one hundred million subscribers and they got their well in advance thanks to the return of the rock back them up with more. Observer Live reports show Florida leads the nation in the sale of illegal disposable vapes from China.
Speaker 7: Here's former Congresswoman Mary Bono.
Speaker 10: Because of inaction from the Biden administration, Florida became the number one state for illegal disposable vapes from China. In response, Florida State legislature proposed a directory to help law enforcement get these illegal disposable vapes off of store shelves. Contact your legislator today and ask for a vapor products directory in your state.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by Communities United for Smart Policy.
Speaker 11: Do you have Medicare and do you use a SEAPAP machine. This is a national healthcare alert regarding your SEAPAP supplies. Using a clean SEAPAP mask and clean supplies is important to staying healthy. The best way to make sure your seapap equipment is clean is to get new supplies. If you have Medicare, we have great news. Medicare will pay for you to have new clean supplies every ninety days. We'll even do all the paperwork for you to make sure that there's little to no out of pocket cost to you and you don't even have to leave your home. We provide free in home delivery. So if you're a seapap user and you have medicare, staying healthy with new seatpath equipment is easy. Just make this free phone call right now to get started.
Speaker 5: Sponsored by Specialty Medical. Eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine, eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine. That's eight hundred nine one three ninety seven thirty nine. Do you need to sell your home? If you sold a home before, you remember how stressful and expensive it was. Sold dot Com is here to help you sell your home for the most money and with the least amount of stress. There are new ways to sell your home that you've never heard of before. Did you know there are companies who will offer you cash for your home. Did you know you could trade in your home for a new one. Did you know there are realtors who will sell your home for a plat fee instead of an expensive commission. It's true sold dot Com services are free, So if you're looking to sell, make this free phone call right now and learn how your next home sale can be faster and easier they you ever thought possible. Pick up your cell phone and call right now eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six. That's eight hundred two five one seventy eight sixteen.
Speaker 12: You can host the best backyard barbecue when you find a professional on Angie to make your backyard the best around. Connect with skilled professionals to get all your home projects done well inside to outside repairs to renovations. Get started on the Angie app or visit angie dot com today. You can do this when you Angie.
Speaker 2: That you are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: And the show Bryan elbaz here Wrestling Observer Live. You know what I was not expecting today that I was not expecting to uh to read the chat and come to the defense of cm punk.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think you're going to talk about Jingo.
Speaker 1: I haven't even read the board so or the chat. I will say this, I haven't heard what he said, but I'm responding to people who are talking about cmpunk, and that is you know, someone on the board, was like, why, why in the hell is this guy acting like such a tough guy? Did no one see his UFC career? And well, listen, I'm a I'm a black belt, guys.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 1: In defense of cmpunk, guy got waxed in the UFC against trained MMA fighters. Okay, So that doesn't mean that if you put CM Punk out there with an untrained person, he couldn't wipe the floor with him. Guy got legit training. I don't know if he still trains today, but like he paid money. He paid a lot of money to get legit training with legit guys. Okay, did the level I mean he had no wrestling background, he no stand up background. Hand Did that legit background allow him to walk into UFC and beat guys? No, of course not. You think I walk You think I could walk into UFC tomorrow and start winning a bunch of fights. No, But you see him punk. Put him on the mat with someone with no training, and he'll probably wipe the floor with them, not all of them. You know, put him in with a great wrestler, he probably have some problems or you know whatever. But to bury to say that Sampunk cannot possibly have any fighting ability whatsoever or any ability to handle somebody because he got killed in a UFC fight against UFC fighters. I don't know what to tell you. So, no, how in the world did that happen on this show?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? You know how what happened?
Speaker 1: Do I still train? Be? Oh my god, I'm appalled.
Speaker 3: Now I have a question for you. Yes, who would you take and fight Duke Rufus or Pedro Sour.
Speaker 1: Well, Pedro is in his sixties and he's had about ninety five shoulder surgeries.
Speaker 3: Is getting up there too.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not man, I wouldn't. Well, of course it would be since kidding me. I remember I uh, I went to a seminar. This would have been in two thousand and ten or so, and he was doing a black belt test. This guy was a brown belt. He was gonna get his black belt. And I think Pedro would have been like fifty four. And this guy is probably I mean, actually I can tell exactly how old he was because he was born. He was one year younger than me born on the day before I was, so he would have been thirty seven, no younger, because it was twenty ten. He would have been like thirty three, okay. Pedro was like fifty two or fifty three or something like that. And so after he did his his uh his deal, he got a chance to roll with Pedro. Pedro ruined this dude. He tapped this guy like right and left. And the funny thing was he wasn't even like he may have been sleeping.
Speaker 3: Was he even warmed up?
Speaker 1: I mean, Mike, no, he was. He was sitting there watching this guy go through the Ilio Gracie self defense in the text. And then he walked over to the mat and just arm bar arm bar, choke like half speed, half asleep. I was like, my god, look at that guy. And speaking of my god, look at that guy, the great o'conn. How's that for a segue?
Speaker 3: Did you see that picture?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: My goodness.
Speaker 1: Listen, even though they they they lied false advertising, Brian, you couldn't eat the el?
Speaker 3: What hey, dumplings?
Speaker 1: It must have been eel dumplings?
Speaker 3: Are you sure those things are usually made with pork over there? Oh?
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, they did the replace the eel. That sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, you know, I don't like to uh I I am a man who will admit when I'm wrong. Okay, I did earlier in this show when I didn't have the whole letter, and then you had the whole letter. I was wrong, but I will not admit I'm wrong here. I had a way better finish. Okay. My finish was they do the first match and Tangaloa gets the most covers, and then they do the second fall and great o'conn eats the most eel, and then they go to the hit the corners gimmicks, strap match, strap match, and the finish should have been Tangalo hits one corner, Great o'conn falls by and hits the same corner. Tangalo hits a second corner, Great o'conn h's the second corner. Tangalo hits a third corner. Great o'conn hits that third corner, but his Tangaloa goes for the fourth corner, he slips on the eel. Great o'conn hits the fourth corner. I told this to Dave, you know. Dave says, he goes, that's just too wacky. I was like, brother, it's a rural revitalization match involving all you can eat eel, and you're worried that my finish is too wacky, and then hey, what did they do well? The third father're doing a strap match. They're acting like they could both barf at any moment. Yeah, but my idea is too wacky. Get out of here.
Speaker 3: They had a fight for that title inside of a dog cage. For heaven's sakes, Come on, it's your boy, Gato here. Come on.
Speaker 1: So a couple of notes from SmackDown and Collision. We won't talk about that home invasion anymore. No, I'm gonna tell you. And this is one of those things everybody, you want to know why WWE is hot?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Because you watch these shows how many times? And you better be honest about this. For a decade, you and I did the show together and you had the same talking point nearly every year. Wrestle Mania is going to come and then we're gonna have a lull because they'll have just done everything and they got nothing left. Okay, that is absolutely positively not happening this year because you watch all of these shows and all they do is plant post Mania seeds. And this Legato Dell Fantasma segment with the LWO dude, this was flat out awesome. So last week they were doing ray and and Santo's and the gimmick was that nobody from either faction could be at ringside. Okay, so they do the match and who should appear ringside? But Dominic in a Ray mask. He is not part of either faction, and he costs Ray the win. And you know, at the time and I was like, well that's kind of weird, like what's going on here? So this week, Ray and Santo's come out, and first Santos calls out Dom and he thanks him. You know, Dom is still angry at his father. He thanks him, and they actually they actually harkened back to stories years ago where Santo says, you know, when I first came here, we did not see idea because they feuded, and Santo says, now I can say this to your face, you were right. And so you know, Dom says, I'll still do anything in my power to make my deadbeats Dad's life a living hell. So out comes Ray in the LWO and Ray's crew is in align here, Santo's crew in align here. They're squaring off back and forth. Fans are going nuts, LWO Chance and everything. So Ray cuts his promo and he says, you know, I can't believe you're back.
Speaker 3: Dom.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm I have to fight you again, but he goes, it's divine intervention. The two men I hate the most standing right in front of me right now, and he says, I challenge you two, me and a partner against you two for a match at WrestleMania. And as soon as he says this, the fans start chanting for Carlito, and the camera zooms into Carlito and he's got his big smile and his big hair and he's like, I can't wait to get my hands on these guys at WrestleMania, and so Dom says, well, how which of these dorks are you gonna choose to be your partner? And you get another quick shot at Carly done man, he's already and Ray Mysterio says, well, it will be the newest member of the LWO. Carlyle is like this, and Ray goes Dragon Lee and carly Doo goes and he still smiles, and he doesn't like pitch a fit. He doesn't do anything over the top, but you see a smile go from here to here, and now he's forcing a smile and Dragonly comes out and Carlito like he hugs him. Great to see a brother. But you guys are gonna do great and you can just tell this man is furious, but he's not selling it, which is what you would do in real life. I thought, Carlito, I listen, I'm not the biggest Carlio fan, never have been. This guy was awesome in this segment. And you know what's gonna happen, and it probably isn't gonna be at WrestleMania, but like they planted that seed, and man, this guy's gonna be next. He's turning on poor Ray and Dragon Lee.
Speaker 8: Hey man, and.
Speaker 1: I thought he was awesome.
Speaker 3: Awesome makes it even better if you want to do hair versus hair. Sure, Dominic losing would always be fun, but double masks with Ray and Dragon Lee against Carlito's hair in Santos's hair, which is getting long by the way. And here's the thing too, whenever they decide to do that, depending on where Andrat is at in that moment in time, you would have five guys in Legato, and you would have four guys plus Andrade in the LWO with the women Electra and Zelina there as well too. It won't make it to Survivor series. I wouldn't believe because I think if you're going to do mask versus Hair, SummerSlam would be the greatest opportunity to do that and get the most shine out of it. But at some point, if that happens, there is a possibility we could have a ten man tag match with that group, and I love that idea if they gave him some time.
Speaker 1: So then the main event segment, you know, I'd heard it, Oh, man, why are they doing nothing with Jade? Well, and I tried to explain everybody. It's one of those things where nobody wants to listen. They were going to do something with Jade. She was going to be in the elimination chamber, but due to visa issues, she couldn't be on the show. But she's ready to go. And what they did was the Bianca Dakota main event and Bianca ends up hitting the kod. Referee counts the pin, damage Control hits the ring, They start destroying Bianca. Naomi runs down, they start destroying her and then they hit Jay's Jade's music and boy. Early in the show, she'd done an entrance and announced her contract signing, and man, they gave her the big time superstar entrance and they hit her music. Here crowd goes nuts. You've never seen someone slowly saunter to the ring in a more slow sauntering manner. But man, she got in the ring, and I think it was I think I think Dakota ranted her first, or no, yeah, Dakota ranted her first. She got booted, and then Jade hit a pop up power bomb. I'm pretty sure on EO looked fricking awesome. And then she grabbed Kyrie and hit her with the Jaded and like everything she did look great, came off as a total superstar, and here she is inserted into the hottest women's program they have on either show, which is Damage Control his Bailey's Crew, and it's a big match at Mania, so away we go. I got that all wrong. Who she beat up? You know what, it doesn't matter. Those are the three moves. It was a big boot, a pop up power bomb, and I'm sure she hit Kyrie with the Jaden and.
Speaker 3: It doesn't and you know what should also be sent off of that too. I thought the Bailey EO thing was really good because I like the way that they did EO's promo and then have Bailey attack her at the end, kind of out of nowhere. I thought that actually came across really wells too.
Speaker 1: Back in the mom with more Observer Libe.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show Bright Elverarez here Wrestling Observer Live Mike simpervv also Wrestling Observe dot Com. Want to mention three things you should watch this weekend we haven't talked about yet. Matt cardon Adam Copeland T and T titled great match, great match, and well apparently I liked it mor than Vinnie did. Shabbada Danielson and Claudie versus Lance Archer and the Righteous. I thought that was a great collision main event. So two real good matches on Collision. The rest of the show was there. I mean, there were things that were absolutely unneeded, but they had them on the show. But the main event and the the opener were quite great. And then if you have not seen the main event from Marina Mexico of CML versus AW a match absolutely and I've heard from people who were there kind of in the lower area near the ring, and I heard from people that have been everywhere they've been, like WrestleMania's and Big aw shows n Cash, New Japan, and they said, this is the loudest reaction I ever heard. It didn't even begin to come across on television. They said, the way that Arena Mexico is built is like this bowl and all of the sound just like cascades down from above. So if you're down in that lower bowl or I can't even imagine if like the wrestlers. Danielson, I'm sure you know, he was already having the time of his life, but probably the crowd on top of.
Speaker 3: That man looked like everybody did.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they did. I'm sure they did.
Speaker 3: The show that was really really fun. Those Parday night Arena Mexico shows are fun anyway, to get that thrown in there and that crowd, that size crowd. Wednesday, Blue Panther and Brian Danielson one on one.
Speaker 1: That's right, Tom and I up at two Pacific five Eastern previewing all over wrestle Media weekend, and there's a lot He's gonna talk about the Eel match. I'm gonna try and watch before the show and SmackDown and plenty more, and we'll be back tomorrow. Thanks. Mike has always colors and listeners over the studio Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network