Speaker 1: This is Suckers.
Speaker 2: I'm Klen Bell, I'm Dean Bell, and I'm Jared haven An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: What is going on? Everybody? Welcome to an all new episode of your favorite podcast called Suckers, and we have a great episode for you today. We are joined by the lovely and sweet and beautiful I wasn't I gotta be honest, I was saying that about you, and then I looked up real quick and I saw Jared looking with a smuggle of smile on his face, and I was like, crap, I gotta say it's about Jared right now.
Speaker 4: But it was meant for you, okay, just so you know, but it didn't end up.
Speaker 3: Being a well. And we'll also have the beautiful, incredible and talented Kaylen Bell, who wasn't supposed to join us today, but she here. She is in the flesh, happy to be here. Yeah. And Jared, what is that on your wrist? You have a spray tan on or something.
Speaker 1: So I think it's bro glow, but I'm not sure because you have I talked about this on the podcast.
Speaker 4: That us spray tan occasionally.
Speaker 1: Well it's not a spray tan, it's it's more so it's like a moisturizer obviously, No, it's a moisturizer of some sorts. I don't really know. But over the holidays, my sister in law's fiance, it's not my brother in law yet, they were complimenting his skin and he was like, oh, yeah, I used bro Glow and I was like, what is bro glow. He's like, oh, it's just like this, you know, moisturizer that gives you like a tan, and it's made for men, so like men wear it. I was like, shit, I want to look into that because I got paled dur in the winter. So then I started using bro glow every once in a while, and so I just put it on my face and sometimes my arms just to give me like a little bit of color so I don't look like hellish pale. And then all of a sudden, But the problem, the thing is that's weird, is that like, how the hell did this happen?
Speaker 4: That's actually pretty bad.
Speaker 1: And it's in such a weird spot in my hand.
Speaker 4: Because that happens to me. If I like sleep in a.
Speaker 1: Tan, I don't think so, and I haven't done it in a few days, and as you can tell, like my face like this is very much darker than anything I've ever done or put on, so like, I don't know what the hell happened.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Ashley has tan remover. You just like put this tan remover on, let it sit for ten minutes, and then go shower.
Speaker 1: I was also putting new malts down, not to say that like this would have anything to do with it, but my hands were in wasn't dirt for a while. But there's no way. I don't know what the hell it is because it's it's darker than anything. So it looks like, you know, tell Tanner, it looks like Tanner, Jared, have you been using the bro glow and the no no zone what like my crotch?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have you been touching yourself inappropriately with I haven't. Does this look like I've been touching myself inappropriately?
Speaker 3: I don't know. When you make it in that fist and that in that format of handshake.
Speaker 1: It would be there. And this is my left hand.
Speaker 2: Self Tanner on your hands is so hard to get right. I just tanned myself. My wrists are a little orange.
Speaker 3: That's not bad.
Speaker 2: Like if you're not doing it professionally, it's never gonna look great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I feel much more like I never use self tanner until I heard about bro Glow. It's amazing how something is just called it's likely made for men. It's called bro glow.
Speaker 2: I thought you were saying, like, you use Jurgens, but you call it brokelow.
Speaker 1: Nope, it's called Brokelow, and it's like self tanner made for men. It's a brilliant marketing campaign because someone like myself has never used it. I was like, Wow, I can buy it. It's for dudes.
Speaker 4: Dean, would you what do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, Deane gets so tan and like he can be out in this on in two seconds for two seconds, and then he'll be like, so tan, it's so frustrating.
Speaker 1: I guarantee he's gonna be like, yo, I would never use it out of blah blah blah. And then I guarantee he would use it if you put that, if you put self tanner on during the winter when you were pale, you'd feel so much better about yourself and you would use it all the time.
Speaker 4: Been vain because he's he's snowboarding.
Speaker 2: At least his face is tan. And then it's like the reflection in the sun and the elevation.
Speaker 4: He's always tan.
Speaker 3: I will say, I am very fortunate. I tan very easily.
Speaker 1: I have no idea why I know why you've been using Brogo for ten years.
Speaker 4: I have told that secretly.
Speaker 3: I'm actually the developer and the co founder of Brokelow. No, I don't know why I tan really really easily. But I would never.
Speaker 4: You're like European.
Speaker 3: Fully, I wouldn't. Yeah, fully northern European. I would never use Brokelow. I'm not shaming broglow whatsoever you go bro Glow?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Were you waiting for that one?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No shame.
Speaker 3: That ring naturally off the tip of my tongue. I will say, I when I'm tan, and I don't even think I'm tan right now, like I'm not. When I was younger, I used to get really really tan. When I'm tan, I feel hotter, I feel like sexier, I walk around more confident. Yeah, your teeth look whiter, your eyes look bluer.
Speaker 1: Like everything is just life is better when I have color, yeah on my skin? So like, why am I because I'm I'm afraid of what people are going to think of me? Because I put a little first of all, it's made for men like I use hair product, I use gel. Yeah, you know, I cut my name. I'm trying to think of other things that I do. I was about to be like, I caught.
Speaker 4: My nameant, do you have a skin carrotine?
Speaker 1: I don't have a skin care routine.
Speaker 3: Ooh see, I I got you on that one. Then I routinely take care of my skin every day.
Speaker 4: You guys, you're approaching that age where you need to be.
Speaker 3: That's really what take me care of your skin? I asked Klein. I was like, hey, could you please formulate a skin care routine for me? And she kind of like haphazardly through.
Speaker 2: I did, and you were like, can you explain how to use this? And every time I ask, I'm like, all right, I'm ready to explain.
Speaker 4: You run off.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I basically just entirely ditched the soap and I just used I'll like, rinse my face with water, but scrap the seriously. But then we introduce the moisturizer afterwards.
Speaker 2: No D.
Speaker 3: But I also have been getting really into just regular lotion lately, which I had never really thought I was going to be into that stuff.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you it's about time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just like on my arms after the shower, Kaelin said about your legs, Yeah, my legs as well. Kailyn says, the first two minutes are crucial after the shower to lotionize your arms and your legs.
Speaker 4: And I make a lot of things up, but I think that's true.
Speaker 1: Why is that true?
Speaker 3: It's so good to hear you finally say that.
Speaker 2: Well, I say confidently things that I'm not entirely sure about because you have to lock in the moisture really quickly after your shower.
Speaker 1: Do you moisturize your whole body after you get out of the shower, Oh, one hundred.
Speaker 3: I'll do my forearms and then my calves and then like my chest and neck. I don't want to have a goopy neck when I get older, so I try to focus on the neck a little bit.
Speaker 4: Neck and chest are the first signs of aging. And the back of your hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you guys are lucky women. Our collagen production reduces at like twenty nine or something, and you guys still are peaking for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're like, you know, we're like Tom Brady where it's just like the older we get for some reason, like the the it's we're still on an uphill climb. You guys are more like Peyton Manning, where it's like you get to a point and then you're gonna hit a cliff and when you get that cliff, it's gonna go downhill fast.
Speaker 4: What age do you think that cliff starts up?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get so much for that.
Speaker 3: Because of the Peyton Manning slender. Because of that, I guess you were just you were really just trying to take a dig at me, because well.
Speaker 1: Obviously demanding thing was definitely at you. No, I mean, I don't know. I also think like there are there's a reason why a lot of men are attracted to older women. I think there's something very I I would agree that I think men age more graceful, graceful er, Yeah, but would it be more gracefully that seems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds right. I just think you're enunciating the word weird to make it sound weird.
Speaker 1: Well, because I was trying to know I was, I was announcing it weirdly because in my head, my the you know, the crank was turning, and I was like, what am I supposed to say? That's gonna be proper here? Anyway? More gracefully. I think men age grace more gracefully than women do. However, I think women they look good like in their forties, I think women look great. What about fifties, It's so hard to apply you know, that's you know, that's the cliff we were talking about.
Speaker 3: It's so impossible to apply a blanket statement to that though, because of course, I mean, yeah, you you look like Clooney or Brad Pitt. I guess Brad Pitt hasn't really aged all that well really, but Clooney, I guess, would be the prime example. You guys.
Speaker 1: You guys don't think Brad Pitt has aged well. I mean maybe Leo.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking Leo, Leo, well, both of them.
Speaker 3: I think it was just because Brad and Leo were so so hot in their twenties and thirties.
Speaker 4: Also, Brobably partied like crazy, and their skin is taking a toll.
Speaker 3: Like Clooney wasn't really Cleuly wasn't the best looking guy in the world when he was thirty, but he's one of the best guys in his fifties or sixties or whatever he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brad Pitt was fifty five, call it. And once upon a time in Hollywood. Yeah, he looked good, still awesome. But I think part of the reason we think he looks so good is because he looks so good in Fight Club. And yeah, let's talk about Brad Pitt for a second. What's so dean your favorite bat Brad Pitt look at Fight Club?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's hard to deny hit the just how beautiful that man is in that movie.
Speaker 4: I've never seen that movie.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Troy might be the best for him because he had a little more bulk and Troy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Troy, he had the long the hair look good.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: My favorite Brad Pitt look would also be Fight Club because he's like ripped and kind of like I like the more like scruffy, like down leather jackets, leather jackie. Yeah, so Ashley is is Legends of the Fall, So bradpin Legends in the Fall. He's got this long, luscious yond hair. He's very clean. Like yeah, so like that's him.
Speaker 4: You know, he's an older you.
Speaker 1: That's not my favorite Brad Pitt look.
Speaker 4: I like it. He's like a hot cowboy, I.
Speaker 1: Get it, but it's like I'm a I'm a fight Club Brad Pitt type of guy.
Speaker 4: I don't like the Fight Club. It's too nine.
Speaker 2: It's too like Xenon, Protozoa, Xenon, well like yeah, no, Xenon, like the Disney movie.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't know, I've never seen that.
Speaker 3: You have zoom zoom zoom. You make my heart go boom boom, my supernova girl.
Speaker 4: That's not really how it sounds, but those are the lyrics.
Speaker 3: That's exactly how let's hear you do better than you exactly.
Speaker 1: I completely understand why women like Brad Pitt More and Legends of the Fall. I get it, I get it, but it's just you know what, like this, that's my man right there, that's my man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's better looking at their red leather jacket and that reminded me of Protozoa.
Speaker 3: Anyways, back to the topic, I am.
Speaker 1: I guess how well Brad Pitt's there sixty. That man is sixty years old there, let me see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he looks it.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong. He's not bad looking. He looks it. He's a still sixty year old man, exactly. He's still very But Clooney at sixty was hotter than Brad Pitt at sixty, And part of that is because Clooney wasn't as hot at twenty five as Brad Pitt was at twenty five?
Speaker 4: How did we get here?
Speaker 3: I was saying that Jared thinks that manage gracefully and women don'tate as gracefully.
Speaker 1: And I agree, it's a blanket statement. I didn't say I was. I'm obviously saying it for some gigs. Guys, there are so.
Speaker 3: Many people where like the guy ages like shit and the wife looks more beautiful every day, and you know, like, I think it really just depends.
Speaker 4: It's just do you think you're going to totally.
Speaker 3: Person by person? Well, one of the huge reasons I decided to lock you down was because I think I'm going to age like crap. So I had to get you in here before it really started hitting the fan.
Speaker 1: You know what's annoying about Dean is that he is very DiCaprio like. And when I say that, not.
Speaker 3: On next books.
Speaker 1: Wait, no, no, listen, listen, you're gonna because DiCaprio like ken age, he's not well like. There are times where you're like, why does he look like shit? And then he literally showers works out for two weeks and then you're like, ohh he's the hottest guy in the planet. Never Mind, I forgot that's exactly what Dean is. Where Dean is just like, oh, I'm not going to age gracefully, and he'll put like ten pounds on and not work out and not ge to tan and just like go ragged, and you're like, wow, Dean's really just like losing it, huh. And then literally too he could. It would take him ten days to get a quick workout and put some bro glow on, and all of a sudden, Dean's the hottest guy in the world again. And it's like, well that one.
Speaker 3: And a sponsor. I will say, when I went to Pakistan and I lost twenty pounds, I came back and I was like, that was so easy. Weight is the easiest thing in the little those things for two weeks, what's twenty bounds?
Speaker 1: Dean's so good looking he has to like put effort into be ugly.
Speaker 3: No, that was maybe my twenties, but now it just comes so naturally to me. I what do you think, Kylen, are you going to age more gracefully than I am?
Speaker 4: I have no idea. I mean, I take better care of my skin.
Speaker 3: Calein's going to age great, which is very important. And I mean Kaylen's mother is beautiful. My dad is not so.
Speaker 2: But I think like this generation, we're starting to take care of ourselves a lot at a younger age, so it'll be interesting to see how we age.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, we weren't smoking cigarettes and the like they were in the nineties.
Speaker 3: And you're not into like that coke.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm very healthy. I did never dabbled in drugs. I feel like that is like a big thing for skin and aging. Sorry for you. What drugs specifically, like all like anything that's not herbal.
Speaker 3: Most drugs are from the earth. They're earthful.
Speaker 1: I feel like everybody just loves ten years younger now than they did forty years ago.
Speaker 4: I keep thinking about that.
Speaker 2: Everyone is like starting to like look better and better like the older they're like everyone in general, I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: I think, like you said, it's just now we have so many different skin products and we're taking care of ourselves more, we're living longer, We're you know, I don't know. I think there's just a lot we're not I feel like as a society, we're not as stressed. There's no world war going on.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I think there is a big part of it too. You go to war for five years, you come back and you went you went in there twenty and you came back when you were fifty. Basically like do.
Speaker 1: You ever see the pictures of Obama. It's like him going into or work in two thousand and eight and then him leaving the office twenty sixteen. He looked like his aged forty years or man. But yeah, so it's just I feel like that has a ton to do with it as well, because, like I they always do. Like I was watching Seinfeld and the first couple seasons all like Jerry, George, Elaine, they're all in like their late twenties early thirties.
Speaker 3: Dude. The fact that George is in his I think like mid twenties and season one is hilarious to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like, dude, that guy's forty two.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? Yeah, yeah, exactly, you think he's forty two? Yeah, I wonder that's so interesting that we do kind of maybe just appear younger nowadays.
Speaker 2: But it's also like the plethora of information, like we've never had so much information where we can like learn from the best estheticians or the best whatever, and like be best dietitians. I don't know, Like we can be as healthy as we want. We can take care of our bodies better. So that's nice.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 5: It's nice.
Speaker 3: Jared, who's going to as more grace slowly between you and Ashley?
Speaker 4: He wants to say anybody doesn't want to say.
Speaker 3: That, of course.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's exactly where my mind is.
Speaker 3: We want the honest answer. Don't feel bad about it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think Ashley is going to age great. Her mom looks great. Ashley takes very good care of herself with her skin routine, and so I think that she will look great. I think, I mean, who knows, I could really, you know, I could turn for the worst. Luckily, I haven't started losing my hair. I've like, you know, I don't foresee that happening, So that's a step in the right direction. Plus, like I have dark features, so I think gray hair will look good on me. So I think as long as I keep I mean, listen, if I let myself go, I'll you will.
Speaker 3: Be a sexy silver fox. I could see that for sure.
Speaker 1: So as long as I keep working out and keep you know, keep keep on keeping on. I'll be all right. I don't know, it'll be close.
Speaker 3: Does your dad have full gray hair? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So actually I went off with him recently and he's got a full beard now.
Speaker 3: And so your dad doesn't have quite as a pronounced jaw line as you do, right.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I don't know where the hell I got uh. I guess my dad used to have a jaw line. I don't really know.
Speaker 3: What kind of jaw line did the milkman have when you were you were born?
Speaker 1: Strong one, bro, I know, I want to find a young picture of my dad to see if he had who Where the hell did I get this jaw line? Honestly, that's a great question, because.
Speaker 3: I look at I remember like how my dad looks when I last saw him, which is a lot while ago, obviously, but I remember certain like characteristics that he had, like his the right side of his face wouldn't really just like like little things.
Speaker 4: Did he have a stroke?
Speaker 2: Er?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know my dad.
Speaker 3: No, my dad. I just I noticed little things with him that I'm now noticing with.
Speaker 4: Myself, Like paralysis on your face.
Speaker 3: Well, I've always said my smiles asymmetrical. It's because the right side of my face, my rather right side of my face doesn't move as well as the left.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 2: It's not realized one one side goes up higher than the other, one goes out.
Speaker 4: Everyone goes up for me. So you hate it on me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I love it's so cute on you. And when I was practicing saxophone, my armbusher got so strong that it almost like became symmetrical again, And I.
Speaker 4: Was like, it's the reason enough to do sacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but uh, and healthy, I feel like too. It doesn't kind of make it like if I eat chips and chocolate chip cookies for like a whole week, where are.
Speaker 4: You going with this? Your smile gets more asymmetrical?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And if I eat healthier than my smile even right, maybe that's just like maybe maybe that's not a real thing. That's what That's what I think happens.
Speaker 4: Wait, Dane, your dad is how tall?
Speaker 2: Is he? Like?
Speaker 3: I was like five six?
Speaker 4: How are you guys also tall? The milkman was tall, he was like six fives.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know why we were tall. We're tall in tan and my parents were both short. I think my mom was like five to four. I we just ate a lot of vegetables. But that that is a really good question. I'm not sure why we're tall.
Speaker 1: Do you you know a lot of like cousins or anybody on your mom or your dad's side that.
Speaker 3: I think my dad's brother was tall. I think he was over six feet.
Speaker 4: Oh, that guy we met in Ireland was tall.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Your uncle Hunglert's Bakery, yeah, owner, he was, Yeah, he was about six foot. Yeah. I don't know. I don't know, man, genetics are weird, Like, you know, it's crazy because I saw the picture of Dawson recently. He's got those piercing baby blue eyes.
Speaker 1: Dude, his eyes are just insane.
Speaker 3: But I think, like, don't don't baby's eye colors change so frequently that they like, you know, maybe they'll stick, but maybe they won't.
Speaker 1: With a baby. Yeah, like when he was born in you know, after a few months and he's still blue eyes. We were, you know, both like, oh they're they'll darken over time, and they just haven't. And now, I mean he's just got blue eyes. I don't think they changed.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I thought that was like a newborn thing. Yeah, were they change? I think he's yes?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 4: This is his eye color now, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well he'll have blue.
Speaker 1: Dude, congratulations to him. This kid is just I don't know, man like he might be.
Speaker 3: He needs to wear UV protecting sunglasses. That's what I wish I did more when I was a kid, because with these baby blues, they're sensitive out there to that light.
Speaker 1: Dude, he might be the coolest kid like he he might grow out to be the coolest guy of all time. Like he's just got he's got the piercing blue eyes, the blonde here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you think the blonde hair is gonna stick?
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna darken, but I think it's like brown. It's not gonna get black like mine, you know, I think it's going to be light like this is him. We went to the baseball field last week, just him and I because South Kingston High School was playing and he loves watching. He just loves I was like, I think he'll like watching baseball. So we went and we watched for like twenty minutes. He was just locked in. Look at this kid's stance.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. Yeah, he's so cute.
Speaker 1: It's so cute, and he's so he's so loving, and he's so personable and he's just he's so full of love right now and happiness. He always wants to hug. He always is just so positive. He throws a little hissy fits, but it's fine. But damn man, And he's so good looking, and like every time we go to the playground, I swear to God, all these kids gravitate to him because he's just kind of unafraid, so he'll but I notice like so many kids like kind of coming up to him.
Speaker 4: He's an alpha.
Speaker 3: Do you think me and Dawson looked alike when we were kids? I just sent a picture in the group chat. Do you think that? Dawson asked in the group chat.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny. I was thinking that I wonder if he looked like you because.
Speaker 3: I had blonde hair and blue eyes. For well, I guess my hair just changed color with my eyes stayed blue.
Speaker 4: What a little cutie. I love that jacket for myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I mean, hey, look if if Dawson and I looked even a little bit similar when we were kids, that kid is destined for greatness.
Speaker 1: With that question, dude, you know what's so funny? Uh, because I think at this age, Dawson is better looking than you. And so that is a great head start for Dawson.
Speaker 3: Mess off, dude, don't don't don't say that I was so much better looking at two years old than your self. I was.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Hey, I agree with you. I hope, I hope he is the coolest guy in the world. I hope he grows up in cooler than the Fonds. If you will, maybe he'll, maybe he'll end world.
Speaker 1: I think there's also a part of me that wants him to be so badly. I think we've talked about this in the podcast before, because I want him to be very superman esque, like I want him to be the cool kid at school that people don't mess with, that people want to be around, and that he sticks up for, like the little guy. Because I'm sure Dean, you have regrets as well, like I wish I was never the kid that was really overly like I was bullied, but I was never the target twenty four to seven. But I was never cool. So I never if I saw a kid getting bullied, I wouldn't do shit because I was like, I don't want that on me, and I just wasn't like self confident enough to do that. And I want him to be that like I want him to be like to go up and you know, help others.
Speaker 3: So that's probably why I want to be a substitute teacher, so if I see some bullying going on, I can finally step in and.
Speaker 1: Be like hey, or you could just be a full time teacher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could be, but that's just a lot of sounds like a lot of time.
Speaker 2: I was actually talking to someone and they said, the private school here in Aspen, the PE teachers, I think once or twice a week in the winter will take all the kids out skiing. So that is the reason enough to be a PE teacher. And great benefits, great healthcare, great benefits.
Speaker 3: You just want the healthcare yep ca.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine the moms when they go teacher parent conference and they have to talk to Dean about like these moms, Holy shit, I would love to be a fly on the wall.
Speaker 3: Now there's I have. I've met some older couples here in the place that we live, and everyone is obsessed with Kaylin so much that they only just talk about earlier entire time. Everyone, no, everyone that knows you is like, oh my god, your wife's a pretty scare the entire world. I'm like, I know, thank you so much. I have done nothing, for sure, but thank you for saying that. So Killin's already he's only been here for four months. He's already bit of a local legend if you will. Hell yeah, hell yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We know most of the moms here, like you went to high school with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. What are you doing with Dawson to help instill that type of mentality?
Speaker 1: I mean, not much right now. It's you know, I mean it's more so uh right now. A lot of the time with Dawson is reading, playing, just trying to make him laugh. He loves playing catch. He's started to learn how to catch the ball a little bit. He's much better at it now, but he just loves throwing the ball and then running and getting it, and then throwing it and running and getting it and throwing it and running and getting it. So that's takes up most of my time with him. And yeah, so it's hard because, like we've talked about, it's not at the stage where I'm at least aware if he's retaining a lot of information, he's retaining stuff that like he's learned, Like he can say you know, he can count one, two, three, Like he doesn't know what it means, but he can say those words. Or like, you know, if we say no, you can tell he stops doing what he's doing. So like, I know that he's learning, but I have no idea if he's learning lessons about anything as of right now, So that will take a little bit more time. So it's hard right now. It's more of just like kind of making him happy and trying to, you know, have as much fun with him as possible.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a fun time too, where bullying doesn't really exist and kids are just like they just love each other. They don't really know that there's a reason to not.
Speaker 1: Like someone's bullying start.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking that maybe like first or second grade, maybe third I don't know, not kindergarten, kindergarten, you're like just all together for the first time.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember getting I guess my earliest memories of like seeing bullying or being bullied. I guess it was like not so I guess like second or third grade. Yeah, dude, I felt bad. There was this one kid I won't say his name, but he just he definitely had adhd or he had some issues, and there was this one other kid that just would never leave him alone because he knew like if he got under his skid, under his skin, like this kid would scream and cry, like lose his stuff and then like throw fist. And it was just a horrible situation. But I hope he's doing well.
Speaker 3: What's the name the name?
Speaker 1: No, I don't remember the name of the kid that bullied him. I just remember the kid's name that that got the brunt of it. But it's like, uh, anyway, we don't have to continue talking about this. But yeah, it's weird. It's interesting because Dawson is the epitome of innocence right now. He's just like this little beautiful ball of just pure innocence, you know, And that's the coolest part. Yeah, well, what's up with alistair?
Speaker 3: No, it just made a key, a little noise, and so Alisa is also a ball of pure innocence.
Speaker 1: Ah, but you know what I mean, It's it's sad to know that like he's just not going to be like that one day, which is a good thing.
Speaker 3: Where do where does things go wrong in the human in the progression of like a child that makes you bad?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: I can talk. Wow, I can talk.
Speaker 1: What the hell did you just say?
Speaker 3: Where does it go wrong?
Speaker 4: Where does humanity go wrong?
Speaker 3: Your child hood? That makes you mean?
Speaker 1: That makes you mean? I don't know. I mean everybody's mean once in a while, Like, dude, I've been mean, you know. I I'm sure you guys can probably remember times you're like, I was being an asshole. I should not have said that or I should not have done that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Caitlyne, do you remember any of those times?
Speaker 1: No, I'm of an angel obviously, besides Kaitlin, besides Klin.
Speaker 2: But I know I Actually you make a good point, Dean. I wonder if it's like, is it our parents gossiping? Like, what is it you know, where suddenly we're like, we're okay being mean to each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Maybe once you once you show up to school and your friend has a toy that you wanted and you couldn't get it and sell us, you start to fight jealousy.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think we're going to solve this problem.
Speaker 1: No, I guess there is a certain level of I'm not saying it makes me feel good, but like, why is there a notion of by putting down others? It makes you feel better, I guess because so it does come from insecurities I don't really know, and maybe just as a kid, you're so insecure about everything in your life because you just don't know anything that the only way to combat those feelings instead of confronting them is just constantly putting it onto others. I don't really know.
Speaker 3: And other Yeah, me neither.
Speaker 1: Well, we didn't really solve anything, but that's okay. You guys like my ghost face mug By the way you guys ever seen have you seen the screen franchise?
Speaker 4: No? But where do you drink out of?
Speaker 1: There's a little hole back there?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I you like it?
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, surprisingly I've seen. I've seen Scary Movie and there's a guy that looks like that in Scary Movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, because it's a parody of Scream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen.
Speaker 1: I wish there was times though, I do miss like the of like uh, wanting to I guess I still do this with Ashley, but like show other people like your passion or like, I don't know what you guys would be like for me, for example, it's like when I first started dating Ashley, it's like I want you to see these movies or I want I want to show you this because it means so much to me, whether it be music or movies, specifically movies from me because obviously they've been a big part of my life. Do you guys have anything like that?
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like movies are so particular where it's like you could probably tell a lot from someone on our first few dates when you watch their three favorite movies, Like it kind of says not a lot, not enough, but like a good amount about that.
Speaker 1: Well, what are your three movies? Interstellar's one?
Speaker 3: I mean mine are not as like hyper particular as yours? What are mine? Interstellar is my favorite movie of all time? King, I mean, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, Mawana.
Speaker 1: But like if you're if you each had to show each other three movies to like because you wanted, because you loved them so much, or that they're impactful to you for whatever reason, what would those three movies.
Speaker 3: Each of you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I've tried to make her watch Akira and she does not want to watch that. So that's that's the lost cause best freaking movie of all time has shaped my childhood and made me.
Speaker 4: Just an hour of it with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: It's not an anime girl.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not an anime guy either, either, but that this transcends genre and medium and it is just one of the best movies of all time. What's your movie, Kaylin?
Speaker 2: I was just thinking, and I don't think mine really defined me because I'm not a big movie person, nor am I. I don't know you like, yes, exactly exactly, say I just I love Kate Hudson, I love Matthew McConaughey. And it was funny because we were at Wells and Sarah's a couple of years ago, and Nick was there and he was like, man, I watched How To Lose a Guy in Ten Days? And I was like, isn't it amazing? At the same time he's saying it's the worst movie ever, and I was like, oh god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually do like that movie. I'm not the biggest Kate Hudson fan, but she's really good in that movie.
Speaker 4: What how could you not be?
Speaker 3: I think because she plays characters like that so often, that is like she's intentionally trying to make you dislike her in the movie, and so I asso see it. Yeah, she's like trying to She's acting insane to make the guy dump.
Speaker 4: Him, because that's her job. Like her job is to write that article.
Speaker 3: I know, and that's what I'm saying. Okay, I've seen her play that role too many times and it gives me a bad taste in my mouth. I do think she's beautiful, and we've met her and she's very.
Speaker 2: Nice, but like she always plays the cool girl and she is that in real life, Like she is the epitome of like the coolest person ever.
Speaker 3: I thought you were a big Cameron Diaz fan.
Speaker 4: Oh it's always been kay Hut.
Speaker 3: It's always been Kate HUDs.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I like Cameron Diaz met her as well. She's great.
Speaker 3: But no, no, no, you're Reese Weatherspoon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Reese for sure.
Speaker 3: That's who it is. These girls are the exact same girl, just afferent, just different fonts.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I also like a walk to remember. It's such a sweet, cute movie. Oh, Princess Diaries I love. So it's just like child nostalgia movies.
Speaker 3: We watched Princess Diaries together once when we first started dating, and ten minutes into it, I was like, so this is the movie that you really like, and you're like yeah, I don't remember it being this bad.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that was Princess Bride or Princess.
Speaker 3: Oh, Princess Bride. That's right, that's right, that's so bad. That's the one of the Queen Victona.
Speaker 1: Queen Princess Bride is so bad. Yeah, like, oh.
Speaker 4: My gosh, the we talked about this on the podcast.
Speaker 2: I swear just what. I don't even know how to describe it. Everything is so bad in it, Like the acting is bad, the like him climbing up the mountain. It's like he's it's just all bad. The monsters.
Speaker 1: It's not. But that's the point of the movies that it's not. It's it's fantasy and it's not meant to be. It's meant to kind of look fake because the it's the story of the grandfather reading the book. Like I think I've always like that's how I've always taken it. I mean, I think, as you wish, we go romantic Princess Buttercup.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing with like Monty Python. I hate Monty Python movies, even though I know that it's like satire kind of thing, you know, you know those.
Speaker 2: Ropes in the gym, like we have one in our gym where you're pulling it. I like can't help but laugh every time because I feel like that guy, the big guy like climbing because it just looks it's so fake, climbing up under the giant.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think of Adam West's Batman from the nineteen sixties Batman when they climb up the side of the building and it's clearly them just walking on. I don't even try and they turned the angle. Well, you know, it's the sixties and seventies. Actually, Princess Bride I think was the eighties. My three movies I think off the top of my head would be The Social Network because I would want them to know that that is my favorite movie of all time, and I think it is the closest thing to a perfect movie I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: What a weird movie to.
Speaker 1: Know so good? It's it's so good. The writing, the directing, the cinematography, the acting, the casting, the story. I find compelling. The idea that Mark Zuckerberg stole the idea of Facebook, one of the biggest social media companies in the history of our world, and it started from somebody else. But anyway, long story short, and then I would probably say the nineteen seventy eight Superman because it's so wholesome and good and just I love the character of Superman so much. But I love the character of Superman so much because I love the character of Clark Kent. We don't have to go into depth onto that, thank you. But then I would want them to see that for that. And then probably the third movie just because it's so impactful and it's become such a franchise, would be Scream because oh, I know, Top Gun Maverick comes to mind Man because Top Gun Maverick is just such an amazing movie. But it's so new, yes, the new one, but it's so good.
Speaker 3: Love Calen. We saw that movie in theaters and she never even saw the first one, and she was like, that movie was so good, and I was like, you had now, Just imagine if you were ten twenty years older and you saw the first one in theaters and love that one. Just imagine how much better that movie would have been. But much to their credit, it did such a good job of making that movie on It on an Island be so good that even people that hadn't seen the first one still really liked it.
Speaker 2: But I'm like a big Miles Teller fan. So I've always loved him, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And I love his wife. I think she's the most beautiful person ever.
Speaker 3: You think Miles Teler is just so cute.
Speaker 4: No, I think he's hilarious. I love his roles.
Speaker 1: No wonder Dean's got the stash.
Speaker 4: I've never been attracted to Miles Teller.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: So you were attracted to Miles Teller in that movie. There's that movie.
Speaker 4: That was the first time where I was like, Okay, he looks good. He looks good. Not that I'm attracted to him.
Speaker 3: That's exactly the same thing.
Speaker 1: It can be different, Dean. Just imagine what how much Calen would lose her mind if you walked into the house with bro glow on and you had that Hawaiian shirt but it's unbuttoned and you just have like that white underneath shirt that's like a low rising neck.
Speaker 4: Oh hate that.
Speaker 3: We need to get Brokelow to sponsor this podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm t but like, I feel like that's Miles Teller straight out of the bar scene.
Speaker 2: You know, it's more like the football scene that the beach football scene.
Speaker 1: All right, Bro, you need to get some abs, put some bro blow on there.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of what my third favorite movie would be Interstellar Akira and maybe like it'd probably be not me my favorite movie, But I just feel like you need to watch like Wedding Crashers.
Speaker 4: Or Dumb and Dummer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need to watch like those movies. You need to watch. What's the other one you love, Adam Sandler? What's the one where they're in college and they're in the frat.
Speaker 4: Uh time machine?
Speaker 1: No neighbors?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Oh, Stacy's oh no to say it?
Speaker 3: You're thinking of euro Trip? Yes, it all right, it's old school, old school. Yes, you need to see like you because you haven't seen those movies? Have you?
Speaker 4: Some of them?
Speaker 3: Those movies are there. They're the best movies of all time because every guy that's in their thirties or forties right now has seen those movies probably ten times a piece, and they define a generation. I know I say that a lot. I know I say that a lot, but definitely think those movies actually did define a generation. There were times in high school where my friends and I wouldn't have conversations. We would just be quoting Anchorman back.
Speaker 4: He doesn't know is that from that?
Speaker 3: That's from euro Trip euro Trip, which is also a great movie, but maybe not quote on the same level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this isn't where I parked my car, so good. Oh man, I just want to quote writing crashes for the rest of the podcast.
Speaker 3: Now, we went to I remember we went to Mexico for our senior trip. It was like me and six of our friends, and all we did was quote Anchorman the entire time. And by the end of it, I was like, I don't think I had a single conversation with one of my friends this entire we were there for a week. I think I didn't have a single conversation. We just quoted Anchorman the entire time. And I was like, that's cute. I don't even know if it was cute. It was kind of mind numbing near the end of it. But that's that's how I'm impactful. Those movies are I think, So you need to watch them. Yeah, I mean they're probably bad. To like, they're probably not good.
Speaker 1: They're great. They are great. Never let that go. I'll tell you a quick story about how much impact movies have on me subconsciously. When I was dating my ex girlfriend, the first time we ever kissed, I walked her to the front door, and then it was like our second or third date. So I was like, I gotta kiss her. I gotta kiss her. And then I said something along the lines of, you know, oh, guy takes a girl on a date, guy walks girl back to her door. Would it be too much of a cliche if I kissed you right now? And then she goes no, and then we kiss for the first time. Fast forward like a year later, we're watching Wedding Crashers and at the end of the movie, Owen Wilson's character walks up to Rachel McAdams in like this big romantic gesture, and he's like, is it too much of a cliche if I kiss you right now? And she goes yes, and then they kiss, of course. And then so as soon as he said is it too much of a cliche if I kiss you right now? My ex girlfriend just like turns and looks at me, and then she was like, you used a line on me for the first time we kissed from Wedding Crashers and then I was like, honestly, I guess, but I have no I didn't plan on it. It was just in my head and I just said it, and I must have heard. That's where I heard it. This is where I heard it.
Speaker 3: Who's to say that you didn't think of the line before the movie came out?
Speaker 1: Oh no, we this movie came out like three or four years prior.
Speaker 3: Well, how old were you when you had your first kiss? Probably thirteen?
Speaker 4: I don't think this was his first.
Speaker 3: Oh but it was your first kiss with the girl with the girl? Yes, I see, okay, yeah, my first kiss was on.
Speaker 1: I was like six, I was late sixteen.
Speaker 3: You were born in nineteen eighty nine, right, eighty eight eighty eight, and so you probably kissed this girl when you were seventeen or eighteen or were you in call it?
Speaker 1: I was nineteen with the ex girlfriend. The first time I had a kiss was like no, no, no, because I thisth on the wedding because wedding crashers came out No.
Speaker 3: Five, and you probably kised this girl on. Oh wait, so the movie had Wait. If there was a chance for you to have done this before the movie came out, I was going to give you would have had a late stand on.
Speaker 1: Now that line was propped up in there somewhere in the My entire brain is just full of movie quotes. I haven't had an original thought or idea since nineteen ninety four, So you know what, that's fine. Pop culture has just been a big part of my life.
Speaker 3: The guywalks girl, the door guy does that for her thing. That sounds like it's for a movie.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it is. And I combined both movies to mesh into this one moment, which was a great moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got your kiss. That's nice. That's really nice.
Speaker 1: Something's going on? What's going on over there? Secrets don't make friends. Oh no, I have no secrets.
Speaker 2: I have really bad mesophonia. And I keep here Dean smacking the mic. So I'm just getting a little answery.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I'm saying. Let's talk a little bit and get that out of you.
Speaker 4: That's it, out of you smacking your lips.
Speaker 1: And I'm not smacking my lips, not intentionally.
Speaker 3: Give me give me an example of how I'm smacking my lips.
Speaker 4: Well, you just keep doing it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: So that's why I was just getting a little I was getting a little shift.
Speaker 3: I also don't think that's what mesophomia is.
Speaker 2: Misophonia, it's when people make It's like chewing at your mouth open, or when you make any sign of your mouth, just like give me anxiety.
Speaker 4: Please, I could hear you. What do you mean you're doing it?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. I'm just sitting you guys get.
Speaker 4: Here, but I can hear it clearly.
Speaker 3: With that, I'm just sitting here having a conversation with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pleasant.
Speaker 3: So what am I supposed to do? Just not move my mouth?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 1: It's difficult for a podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, have someone else to send us sign us out of here? Then wow, okay, so no one's gonna sign us out of here. That's going to do it. For this week's episode of Suckers, thank you to Jared, big thank you to Calein, big thank you to me, big thank you to you the listener. Be sure to tune in next week, where maybe we suck just a little bit less.