Speaker 1: O G Crew again. Get used to it, AJ Kratz, I'm bron AJ. Some people were shocked mid show when they saw that you had a live studio audience.
Speaker 2: Is that the case again today or you rock and solo.
Speaker 3: Solo? Yesterday it was a special day. Uh, my friend Pickle, who you got to see, was here with my son and some other friends. But no, there's nobody here today. Our our producer lady made me close the door behind me in case a ghost walked out. But no, there's nobody here. It's just me. I'm in the battery, chilling. Yeah. Ready to rock. Let's talk baseball?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, business first, but eventually we'll get to baseball. When you mentioned Pickle yesterday mid show, I should have known, but I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Well we got I think you met didn't you meet Pickle? At some point?
Speaker 2: I think I might have met Pickle?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I probably met Pickle. He lives in Orlando. Good guy, good funny guy.
Speaker 2: But a lot of also play on this week's after Sense.
Speaker 3: Also, you know, when your name's Pickle, you got to be a good guy, because no one named Pickles a bad.
Speaker 4: Guy unless you're unless you're in the mob and you're just taking people out. But that's right, the kind of pickle I don't think. I don't think you hang out with those types of pickles.
Speaker 3: No, I try to stay out of those pickles, and like certain people, I try to stay out of those pickles.
Speaker 4: That would be a good deal to stay out of that type of pickle.
Speaker 1: See, I knew Kratz couldn't resist, not only the deal part. I was waiting for that, but also just the classic getting into a pickle situation, krats How difficult is it to hold back?
Speaker 4: It's difficult. But every time there's a rundown in any game I'm ever at, I'll be barely paying attention. I'll just be like pickle. If you don't yell pickle when there's a rundown, I don't care what the situation is, you're not doing it right.
Speaker 2: You don't have a soul if you're not yelling pickle right.
Speaker 1: Easy, Yeah, Okay, business first, let's charge the mound.
Speaker 4: Charge about.
Speaker 1: One of the most shocking headlines of the year. And I'm not being sarcastic. The Twins are not for sale. I repeat. The Twins have been taken off the market. They have been owned for forty forty four years they sold for forty four million I think forty something years ago to the pol Ad family. They have pulled the plug on the sale of the team. Via press release They're bringing in some limited partners I'll summarize for you, or I'll give you a little bit.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: After a detailed and robust process, the family will remain the principal owner of the Twins to strengthen the club in a rapidly evolving sports landscape, one that demands strong partnerships, fresh ideas, and long term vision. We are in the process of adding two significant limited partnership groups, each of whom will bring a wealth of experience and share our family values. Also from the pole Ads, we see and hear the passion from our partner, the community and Twins fans. That passion inspires us. This ownership group is committed to building a winning team and culture for this region, one that Twins fans are proud to cheer on.
Speaker 2: Scott take it away for us. Okay, I'll take it away for you as you're hired a PR. You're fake PR.
Speaker 1: Back in twenty twenty three when we won a playoff series as a wildcard series, but a playoff series for the first time in a very long time, like two decades. Our commitment to you after that new ballpark that we made the city pay for was to cut payroll by thirty million dollars. Then take a year to think that you were going to get a new ownership group that was actually going to take care of you fan base. We even teased you at the trade deadline and sold away forty percent of the team, and then what did we do.
Speaker 2: We rubbed you two weeks later, we rubbed your baby. We're keeping the team. We sold half the team.
Speaker 1: Payroll is freaking rock bottom, and we just made a whole heap of money from minority investors.
Speaker 2: Had I do aj thing, I'm gonna get hired, You're.
Speaker 3: Probably not going to get hired by him. But you told that that's that's what basically happened. I mean, it is what happens. And let's not forget they were what four hundred million in debt, so by getting rid of Carlos Korea and some of the other players, they probably save some of the debt. They get minority owners to come in and cover that debt. They're back to zero and Joe Poullett can still own the team. Like that was one of the big sticking points they said. Remember they were going to sell them, but they were like, oh, Joe Pollett has to stay on board as something important. And I think the issuels were like, no, we're going to start over, and Apology was like, nope, we're going to pull the team back, so we're going to keep it. Listen, I know a lot of people in Minnesota. I started my career in Minneapolis. Is a great city, great place, great baseball fans, but it's just it runs its course, right. It's time if you're not going to invest in the team enough and continue to invest in the team, and it's time to move on and get your two billion and move on. Wh Why do we Why do we want to keep doing this? Why?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: That's all I want to Why do they want to keep doing this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good?
Speaker 4: Oh. I was just gonna say I was gonna rank it as one of Scott's best soliloquies of the year, maybe of all time, because it was spot on, and I hope out of all this this conversation, the one idea it said, was a fresh ideas from this new capital group that's coming in to infuse some money. I hope they bring fresh ideas. I hope they have a long term what does it say, long term vision? I hope there's a long term vision, because any team that buys some or gets some good graces with the city and then sells players, and then gets good graces and sells players has no long term vision, long term vision. Look at the other teams that have lasting success, if that's what you really want. I hope that new group coming in has that fresh ideas and an actual long term vision, because ultimately then the poll Ads will make money, which I think is really all they care about.
Speaker 1: Dan Hayes wrote an article He's dialed in on this whole sale attempt and failure to sell the team, or at least to a majority owner, right, which is what we all thought was going to happen, including the Commissioner of Baseball if you believe them. But anyway, Dan Hayes said, though the team drew the interest of multiple limited partnership groups, nobody with the financial wherewithal to purchase a large chunk of the club emerged despite messages that the sale was progressing with multiple interested parties. The sources suggested the Twins were having difficulty attracting potential majority owners.
Speaker 2: I'd like to know.
Speaker 1: What the price was, because I bet you there were people that were interested in buying the team that said this ain't worth it, and then they said, well, then we're not selling and then they said, cool, well wait for something else to open up, whether it's in baseball or otherwise, you don't get whatever price you want. I understand that it's their scarcity. There's a limitation to this, and it could be an awesome asset to own, right, I mean, look at them. They bought it for forty four mil and they're trying to sell it for one point seven bill. And I am telling you every single soul in that city that likes baseball and likes the Twins is desperately crying for somebody else to take over this team, every single soul. I'm telling you, it is by far the biggest story. And it's why I gave the Twins an a at the trade deadline, like, hey, if this helps player books and get a team sold or get yeah, the team moved over to another ownership group. Great, now it's an f because it didn't happen. And if we believe that they're holding true on this aja and that it's not just a little bit of chicken with a potential investor. Then this is a travesty for the city of Minneapolis. There's no other way to state it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen again, I played for the Twins for twenty plus years ago, and at that time we were one of the low market teams, low budget. They just said, oh, it's we just need a stadium. We just need a stadium. They got the stadium, they start putting money in. The team is rolling, the team is selling out at target Field Field. If you haven't been as one of the best ballparks in the league, I'm sorry. I love target Field. It's awesome. It's right on top of you, it's built straight up. It's a great place. Okay, And then they win a playoff series and they say, oh, we're cutting payroll. What but the chance in the AL Central. Now, let's not forget the AL Central is very winnable for every team if they do it right. And then again this past year they're like, we're cutting payroll even more going into the year, and then at the trade deadline they trade their whole team away, and now they're like, oh, well, we're not going to sell the team because we got out of debt and we're going to start over. Like I just I don't know, I don't know. I know you can't make a guy someone sell a team. But man, just the Twins fans again that are there are not happy today because they want a new a new message, a new life, a new anything for the Twins, and I don't know when it's going to come because they just don't seem to want to be able to do that.
Speaker 2: We have a little breaking news on Hello Fresh.
Speaker 1: We've talked about them for a long time, but this summer they have their biggest menu upgrade yet. Ready for this, Todd Father, talk to me. They have doubled their menu doubled. Now you can choose from one hundred options each week, including new seasonal dishes and recipes from around the world. One hundred options per week.
Speaker 5: That's incredible. But to start out, what they had before was absolutely perfect. Now to add even more to your go Guys like me, I got baseball in the morning, I got baseball afternoon all day every day. I need something to get going, I need something to eat, and it's absolutely delicious.
Speaker 1: Scott, that's right, Todd Father. The best way to cook just got better. Go to HelloFresh dot com slash ft ten FM right now to get ten free meals plus a free item for life one per box with active subscription. Free meals applied as discount on a first box new subscribers only varies by plan. That is Hello Fresh dot com slash ft one zero FM to get ten free meals plus a free item for life. They made it like it was a lock too. That's what's bothering people as well. This has been going on for about a year. And let's go back one month. Commissioner Rob Manfred said that a process was in place, and I'll pull some quotes here. He said, essentially, there will be a transaction. It's not a matter of if a deal for the twins can be struck, but when. And here's another direct quote. I know some things that you don't know. I can tell you with a lot of confidence that there will be a transaction there and it will be consistent with the kind of pricing that has taken place. There will be a transaction. We just need to be patient while they rework end quote.
Speaker 3: There was a transaction. They added minority ownership. He was right. But here's some. I think you said to Scott on our call of our pre call before this show, how many owners were like, Hey, you want us to pay a lot of money and there might be a work stoppage after one year. Why would we buy it now? Why don't we just wait a year until there's a new CBA. I can't argue that if I'm trying to go buy a team right now and I know a possibility in a year I might have to sit out for a long time and not make any money. Wouldn't you wait too, if you have enough money to buy a team, wouldn't you just wait until that's done and then you can jump right in and start making money the way you want to.
Speaker 2: Well, there's two sides to this.
Speaker 1: Yes, most would wait because they don't like question marks, especially major question marks that could cost the team a lot of money if they do actually hold out for a long period of time when we go through the lockout process a couple of seasons from now. But AJ the other side could say, sure, you can wait, but we're going to try to sell the team. So if you want to wait, you might not have this team, so then you don't care enough. And if you want to wait for another team go for it, right, So it is too.
Speaker 3: Early, but Scott apparently everybody's did that because if somebody would have stepp up, they would have sold the team, right. So I mean, what I want to know is is how much of this Again? It goes back to remember when they said the issue is were supposed to buy this team. Everyone thought the issues were buying this team, and then don't forget they were like, oh, whoever buys this team, Joe Pola has to stay apart in an integral part of this, and that like all these stipulations, you're selling the team. You don't get stipulations right, you're selling the team. If Joe Polad has to go find a different job, than Joe Paulad's got to go find a different job, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry he doesn't have to work again either.
Speaker 1: You know, when you take the investment from forty four mil to one point seven bill, or even if it was one point five, you can still get away.
Speaker 2: With one point one billion dollars, so I've heard.
Speaker 1: I don't know from personal experience, but I think you can get away with that unless you're really a big spender.
Speaker 2: Then we need to talk about other things. But Cratz.
Speaker 1: The thing for the Twins is that this team was building up, got to that point in twenty twenty three and they're like, all right, here we go, We're gonna have something special. We're in our winning window. And then they immediately retreated. And I think that there was some forgiveness if they actually went through with what they said. And now we are literally back to square one.
Speaker 4: Literally back to square one. You had, you, you you gave, You gave the city hope. But the players gave the city hope. This was a great window. Look at the you can go down the roster of who they had, and they just did it all based on a money transaction. They broke the team down after the success was there after, like they should have been in the playoffs last year. All this stuff this has nothing to do with like, I just don't see this as our window. This is just a money money, money, money money, and he the Pole Ads have moved high up on the list of brutal, umpire, brutal owners of teams. And my question is off this topic is the CBA. Obviously owners want to push for the salary cap, and that's what we've heard. Does the value of the organization go up. If a salary CAP's installed, does it go down because the twins have to spend money, then they're not they're not at the floor. They have to spend money, but they're gonna be getting a big influx of money in too. So does the value go up as an organization?
Speaker 3: Right way up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna gonna They're gonna they're gonna be exponentially. They're banking on that right a j And we know where they're voting. They're gonna vote to miss as many games as possible.
Speaker 3: Oh, they will trust me. They want to take Yeah, they listen. Owners that I don't want to say all owners because but a lot of owners want a cap in baseball because they know what they're gonna spend and they can set their budget and whatever they make over that number, guess what, they get to keep it all so they don't have to put it back and they and they can just go to the fans, well, we have a cap. We can only spend so much. Right. But then owners like Stevie Cohen, the Dodgers, the Yankees that sometimes the Red Sox, when they want to they can say, well, we can spend as much as we want so the fans can't complain then and say, well, our owner doesn't care. But if they have a cap, then it limits the certain teams to say, well, we can only spend so much guys, sorry, we did the best we can. Oh and we still made two hundred million over our one hundred and fifty million dollars. Gap. Oh no, whereas before we'd have to spend two hundred and fifty and only make fifty million. Oh no, poo pour us. Right, that's why all these owners want a cap. Let's not get it confused.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This obviously has some funny components to it, with all of the bs and the lying and the quotes that have come out over the past year, but it also is devastating for the city.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: You have no control over this whole process, and it's very difficult right now for many Twins fans out there to continue to show up and continue to support the team.
Speaker 2: It's real, right, it really hurts. This is the ultimate gut punch.
Speaker 4: Rally around Byron Buckston. Byron Buckston wants to be there. He said it. He said that much, and as a player, he's realistic. I assume he's realistic. Hey again, no help, they're not bringing anybody. You got to grind through this. Barron's like, I spent my whole career trying to stay healthy. Now I'm an all star healthy. I told the city I want to be here. Oh and my boss says, that's cool, thanks, but baseball thing's probably not going to work out for us here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was using all the buzzwords, the revenue, the payroll.
Speaker 2: It's so tough. I have to do the tough stuff and run the business. Oh feels so bad.
Speaker 1: It's so hard. It's so hard to run it to you. I mean, I'm looking back at the quotes over the last couple of years. They're atrocious. They're atrocious. And again, the only reason why the whole world wasn't ripping them even more than they already were was the fact that there was a promise that this was going to be it. I actually legitimately thought aja that the downfall from the playoff high of twenty three and the next twenty four months after that truly led to them saying, you know what.
Speaker 2: Worth it anymore?
Speaker 1: My family legacy is all about this. This is really negative.
Speaker 2: This sucks. This is what I'm gonna be known for cash out and leave.
Speaker 3: I thought you were. I agree with you, Scott. I thought after the vitriol of the fans of last year and two, last year I thought was bad. This year was even worse because of what happened. I thought that's why they were selling the team. And when you have the commissioner come out and say there will be a transaction, I know more than you, nanny nanny boo boo. I know more than you do. Right, we all know you know more than we do, Rob because you're on the inside. You work for the owners. Okay, so let's not forget about that. But when you come down and say the Twins are going to be sold, not if, but when, then people are like, yes, we finally get a fresh start. Now it's like nope, just kidding, huh. We're going to keep the team and keep you guys. Basically, it's like a I don't want to say a hostage situation. It's not like that. But that's like the analogy that comes to mind. Right, the pole Out family has the Twins and they're like, there's a lot of baseball fans in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Dakota's Iowa that all go to Minutis for games and they are now like, well, we have the team, we can do whatever we want. So, I don't know, it's a weird situation. It's a it's an interesting situation. I just wish it was a different situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, as far as the commissioner goes, either he was kind of playing the game with everyone else on the Polo ad family side so that they could try and bargain right and say, hey, you've got interest, something's going to happen, or he legitimately thought that they were going to sell and then the poet said, yeah, it's my damn team.
Speaker 2: I'm not selling.
Speaker 1: So either way, the whole thing is just a bloody mess. It is a bloody mess in Minneapolis for baseball on this day, Twins fans were here for you.
Speaker 2: That's all we want you to know. We're talking about this the way it should be talked about.
Speaker 1: So we're about to talk about the Mariners, and I do want to let fans know that there is hope. The Mariners were as closely linked to the Twins as any team. Right rebuild, build back up, the kind of rug. You right at the finish line, and look this year trade deadline, you trade for corner infield bats. This team is like the hot number right now in baseball, or one of the top three hot numbers in baseball. You've got to season NYE game winning chick. I know we're gonna get into it all. But Krat's point is it's not that hard to do a little bit more and make all of the difference. That's the thing that bothers me the most.
Speaker 4: Go for it. They didn't sign the Marriagers, didn't sign Juan Soto to a big contract, Otani to seven hundred million dollars. They added to a team that was already there in pieces that they needed. They upgraded their team. Yea, Henie Swaz isn't even doing well there and it's still been successful. It shows like, don't be afraid of why. I don't know how he's gonna do when he comes over here. Make the move. You never one hundred percent of the pitches you don't swing at, you don't hit. Do that as an ownership, as a team, you might find yourself having a parade.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, sure your shot. Topoto got the ability to do that. This time, and it clearly made a difference.
Speaker 3: You can tear the teams. It's a different field. It's a totally different field than what they had before. You bringing Naylor, who's got super swag, You're bringing Suarez who's got swag.
Speaker 1: It helps the Red Sox pounded the Astros yesterday, Bregman homer and again, and so basically everybody with the Red Sox, including Roman Anthony, who's got just as Manny homers in his last two games as did in his first fifty. So he's starting to find things. And actually the quote from Alex Quorra about Anthony is great. He's used this one to an extent before. He was very blunt on it after the game. He said, man, we pinch hit for Anthony in the first game of his career. Who was the dumbass who did that? Well, that was Coorra. That's that's a good line. I like that, aj.
Speaker 3: I think it's funny. It's this first game. I mean, how are they supposed to know? I mean they saw him one what to of bats and they pinched it for him against a tough lefty. Welcome to the big leagues, Roman Anthony, and have his Almost everybody so you've proved them wrong by signing a huge extension and being a stud for him. So you've proved them all wrong, and you made Joey Alex Corey eat his words. It's more fun to make Joey core eat his words, just.
Speaker 4: Saying if you watch, if you watch the game, their celebration right now home run. I don't know if they do it on doubles because all they hit was bangers. Last night is the turbulent airplane celebration because they had turbulence a few weeks ago and then some of the guys needed ivs because of all the turbulence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cocktails can get you in the air. Just a random statement. Cocktails can get you in the air anyway. Dustin May shoved so looking like a good pickup. There a six shutout innings, five hits when walk ek is much better than the first time around. Trevor Story's twenty for twenty stolen bags. Anthony also had chas McCormick pitched The Night You Had It All crats tell everyone why they need to look into a virtual Private network AKA of.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like wearing trousers. It keeps everything private and secure whenever you venture out. That's good.
Speaker 1: That's really good, and surf Shark creates user friendly privacy and security solutions to protect your data and your privacy online.
Speaker 2: It enables you to virtually explore the.
Speaker 1: Globe browse privately by encrypting your Internet activity and block ads and malware that may disrupt your experience. So go to surfshark dot com slash foul or use the code foul at checkout at surfshark dot com to get four extra months of surf Shark VPN. It's a risk free, thirty day money back guarantee and the ftfam is hooked up with four extra months of surf Shark VPN when you sign up at surf shark dot com and use the code foul. It is time to take control of your online security. Try surf Shark today.
Speaker 2: Better than box Scores. Time it happened, and it happened fast.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers and the Padres are tied at the top of the National League West, and they will be playing each other six times the next twelve ish days, back to back weekends. AJ will be on the call for the second weekend set, but they'll play this weekend as well.
Speaker 2: That's right. Both of them are sixty eight and fifty two on the season.
Speaker 1: And with forty two or three games left on the schedule, I can't do the quick math because I'm a little bit slow. We have ourselves a fresh season, just like a fresh ball game when it's tied to AJ We got forty something games left and we're going to see.
Speaker 2: Who can outlast who for the division.
Speaker 1: Otherwise somebody is going to have to play very scary wild card round and the Padres have a lot of momentum. Dodgers lost Brock Stewart to the injured list yesterday. We also found out yesterday twenty Gonsolin's done for the year. He's been going through it for a while now, but it seems like two teams in opposite direction, and the Dodgers haven't been playing good ball for the last month and a half now.
Speaker 3: No, and what Jim Boden say yesterday, whod he picked to win the Westdres Why because of well everything you just said. I mean, listen, it's an interesting point. I don't know what's going to happen, but these next two weeks are gonna sett a lot. I'm glad I get to see one of these games in San Diego. They're gonna set the all time attendance record a week from Saturday in San Diego and the Dodgers come in town. There's no doubt it might be by two people again, but they will set the all time attendance record. They might do it every game up until then. So this is a division everyone thought again the Dodgers were going to go one hundred and sixty two and oh, be the greatest team of all time. Injuries, whatever you want to call it, you know, lack of days ago, play, whatever you want to say. Well, they're in a hunt now and they got to go, and Dave Roberts got to get them going, and the players got to step up and play. So it's gonna be a fun stretch. It's good. I'm good. I love races. I love divisional races. I love wildcard races. I like chaos. So I am all four of those. Let's let's do this.
Speaker 4: I agree, I agree, but I think the Dodgers are going to come out on top. I think the fact that they are now tied, like the Padres did all this to get tied, they still have to do more than what the Dodgers and what the Dodgers are going to do the rest of the way. Freddie Freeman said it best. We don't win games. It's not going to be tied anymore. And I think the Dodgers have the have have the advantage as far as the longevity of the season. The Padres may do better in the postseason. But watching their game last night, that is suffocating. You give up a lead early to the Padres, I mean they go, they just they just run a cavalcade of monster relievers out there. I mean it's Adam It's it's Eli Morgan early. Then you get into the big boys at the end with Miller and Estrada and Morey home and oh yeah, Robert Suarez. Like it's just it's such a game. But it is fun to watch because you know you're coming in with the best and the guys may get in jams and the next guy gets them out of the jam. It's fun to watch.
Speaker 1: I'm a hard disagree. I think the Padres have the momentum right now. There's only forty something games left. The Dodgers are in a softer portion of their schedule at the moment, but it isn't the case for them. They're owned five against.
Speaker 2: The Angels this year, you're supposed to beat the Angels. Own five against the Angels.
Speaker 3: What are you doing so well? The Angels hang your hat on that in the playoffs this year, Scott. Yeah, hey, they were at least five and one against the Dodgers this year. No matter what happens tonight and.
Speaker 4: Then n it.
Speaker 2: What after the season the Angels.
Speaker 4: The Angels are right now and.
Speaker 1: This is their playoffs right now. I mean, you at least get to dominate Southern California and take down the defending champs. They triple played Otani, although Otani later had the go ahead smashed, but they came.
Speaker 2: Back Joe Adel with the walk off. They actually walked them off twice.
Speaker 1: Technically, if you're watching that game, pitch for pitch, Ben walk to Tailor Ward. That was a clear cutball four and then he eventually struck him out, but Adele got to him. So I just think these two teams are in opposite directions, and I got the padres.
Speaker 2: It is a better team right now. Brewers won again, shocker.
Speaker 1: But the surprising part aj was how much damage they did against Paul Skins. From the jump, He's been the first inning Monsters the first time he gave him a run this year in the first inning. It's the second longest streak to start a season by going scoreless through first innings.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, they hammered Paul Skins. I mean it was one of the shortest outings too, right, only four innings. Yeah, they the Brewers are it right now. We just talked about the Padres. The Brewers are it where it's at right now. And pancakes, pocket pancakes, whatever you want to call it. They're just doing it. And Pat Murphy's pushing all the right buttons. Matt Arnold's pushing all the right buttons. They have great pitching, but I don't think anybody thought they would swing it the way they swung it, especially without Jackson Surio.
Speaker 1: You know, they beat the Pirates on the Skins they fourteen nothing Krats. They're twenty four and four with Andrew vonnoh Homert again. They have a seven and a half game lead over the Cubs. That division race is over, and they've got two eleven plus game winning streaks on the season. Now, last National League team to do that, the nineteen thirty five Cubs. I mean, they're setting records. They are having ridiculous amounts of fun. They look insanely good right now. Are they peaking too early?
Speaker 4: No? Not unless they lose in the first round. Fortunately, they off a wild card round, which has not been the case recently and has been tough for them, So you get to play one less round. And I don't know why everybody's freaking out about the pocket pancakes. If you watch the show for the last three years, I've said this about Pat Murphy every single time. So he's had bagels. He now uses his pockets. He never used to use his pockets, which is disgusting.
Speaker 2: Josh Hater to the injured list.
Speaker 1: Shoulder strain crushing blow for the Houston Astros that we learned about yesterday.
Speaker 2: We knew that there were shoulder discomfort crats.
Speaker 1: This is not good news for a team fighting for a division against a team that is thriving at the moment.
Speaker 4: Tough injury, tough injury, especially with the Mariners chasing them down. I mean, you can never lose your closer. I don't care who it is. No team, even the Padres will be like, man, we didn't want to lose that guy. We didn't want to lose Suarez We don't want to lose any of those guys. If you were in the playoffs, you need every one of those bullpen pieces. And he's massive for this team. I mean, what he's done is it's gonna be tough. It's gonna be tough for them, especially now after a trade deadline. This is why it's always good to have that extra trade deadline. You're not gonna find a closer, but you're gonna find another bullpen piece that pushes other guys up. We'll see, we'll see. This is why I have the Mariners taking the taking the Astros and taking the West this year.
Speaker 3: It's a big blow. It's a big boom. They got Eric, Gettibacky. He didn't look great. But losing hater a guy they've been count on it. I guess this makes a breaky the closer. Other guys have to move back and inning. It's a big it's a big deal. This is a big deal for the Astros and for the Al West in general.
Speaker 4: The Mariners, bring them on, bring them on. Yes, it makes it tough to win back to back days. When you lose a huge piece of your bullpen, it's tough to win back to back days. And when the Mariners are running like they're running, not saying they're gonna run hot, but to overtake them, you've gotta be able to win back to back days because you're not gonna hit a ton of home runs every single night, like you need guys. You need two or three guys each night. And when one of those is down, now you only have one or two that you can really count on. You got to blow it out. On the nights you're winning by a run, it's tough to win that next night.
Speaker 1: Then top heavy bullpen for the Astros. And I mean that in a complimentary way.
Speaker 2: A break you in, hater, so damn good.
Speaker 1: Oh that's signing has worked out so well, the hater signing for the Astros. But it's just it's tough timing. So hopefully he's gonna get himself back. Shoulder strain not a great word. So we'll find out what the deal is for Josh as far as the timetable.
Speaker 3: Shoulder anything for a picture is not a great great thing.
Speaker 4: That's right, all right, Presley GOTDFA. I bet they pick him up and he has a two VRA.
Speaker 2: That is a good call. Yeah, he didn't get picked up yet did he.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't see him get picked up. It'd be crazy. I mean, but if there's a team that can do it, it's the Astros.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: We love ripping slap packs on Arena Club. I just ripped one in a Ruby pack. Those are fancy, schmancy kip and I pulled a Matt Shaw twenty twenty three Bowman Draft aqua lunar crater refractor card.
Speaker 2: And I guess what. Guess what?
Speaker 1: I got a little offer. You get the instant off her right away. Okay, so they're offering me one hundred and twenty one bucks, sell it back and then I can get a new slab pack.
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 6: I want to see this thing. Hold on, look at that. That's a beautiful card.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 6: I think that's a safe bet. I think it's gonna make you a little bit of money. I think there more big league time he gets. I'd almost take the deal, though, I'm in it for the chase. I like opening more packs. I think that one hundred and twenty one can buy you a couple more slabs to open.
Speaker 3: And I think you keep chasing until you get someone you really like. But that's the best part. About it for me.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: You can sell it back one hundred and twenty one bucks and then open up another slab pack. Use the code foul to receive twenty percent off your first slab pack or card purchase at arenaclub dot com slash foul.
Speaker 2: Hot Corner time. We It's mystery yesterday.
Speaker 1: Congrats to polar Bear Pete Alonzo, who is alone on his own private iceberg. Good call from Gary Cohen last night. Two hundred fifty three and two hundred and fifty four. We're hit last night for Pete. Two fifty three set the Mets all time record franchise history. He passed Darryl Strawberry went OPO with that one. This is really cool too.
Speaker 2: Between the numbs on Twitter put this out and showed how over the years the Mets all time home run list changed head.
Speaker 1: Crane Pool up there for a while and Cleon Jones took over crane Pool again. We're in the seventies. It's kind of like a horse race. AJ Dave Kingman puts up blow one fifty four piece, Yeah he did, but then Darryl Strawberry by the late eighties took it, carried it into the early nineties two fifty two hour Johnson fell short at one ninety two, and now we're in the mid nineties, Todd Hunley up to one twenty four, Bobby Benio moving up the list, Mike Piazza very much moving up the list, getting himself into the two spot at two twenty.
Speaker 2: Now we're in the early.
Speaker 1: Two thousands and heading into twenty tens. David Wright. You thought David Wright would get there.
Speaker 4: David Wright was gonna get there, obviously had his I think it was spyin yes, final stenosis. But the other thing that got him too. He went into City Field and I remember I remember when he went into City Field, and it was if you look at the stadium now, it is nothing like it, like the the the fences have been moved in a ton and he looked at it and he goes, I guess they hate me because there was no hitting the ball out of that ballpark to the opposite field like he used to. Neither Neither one of Pete Homer's last night would have been out in the old ballpark or in the original dimensions of the ballpark. It was that ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Both of the one I know about the whole party deck thing that got put up right, But the other side too.
Speaker 4: If you look at if you look at where the if you look at where the bullpen is, where the guys sit in the bullpen room on the visiting side, that's where the fence goes. Used to go across all the way to that like weird jutted out area in right field. It was g enormous. You used to have to hit it all the way into the bullpen on the roof of the bullpen, of the visiting bullpen, not the home bullpen.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, Pete got it done. Here's the Dingers.
Speaker 1: Here's the first one, the one that got it done officially clearing the right centerfield fence double.
Speaker 2: And he was pumped that he did it at home. So it's cool. Pete's great, dude.
Speaker 1: He is a legend, I would say, already in franchise history aj and beloved by fans.
Speaker 2: He just fits for this franchise.
Speaker 4: I have to sign it.
Speaker 3: A couple of things. A couple things here on this one. Yeah, the fences removed in but did you ever go to the old Detroit co America before they moved and it made City Field look like the small park. Okay, So that's why Wan Gonzalez didn't stegin there, and he costs of a lot of money. But the other thing is what I'm more listen. I love Pete obviously, Gator, great guy from Florida. Love Pete. So but here's my question for you. Are we not amazed that the franchise record for home runs for the Mets is two hundred and fifty two? Like, that's it? Two hundred and fifty two. Like, didn't it seem like you think, oh, man, all these great players that have gone through the Mets, that there'd be a three or four hundred homer guy that stayed there long enough. But too fifty two. I was amazed when I heard that number. Not that it's a large not a large number, but you would have thought somebody in the Mets had been around long enough and had good enough teams where someone would hit three or four hundred homers, didn't stay long enough. It's kind of like the Dodgers. Look at the Dodgers all time home run list. It's not very it's not. It's kind of like that too.
Speaker 4: Name the lifers on the Mets, and you know it's gotta be you gotta stay for a long time Pete. Pete actually did it in a really short amount of time. I think that's kind of underrated in all this because we're talking about a career and an entire franchise. But he did it pretty quick. You got to stay a long time to be able to hit over two hundred and fifty home runs for one organization.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a lumberjack. And the Mets found their form yesterday. They finally won. They'd lost twelve or thirteen. They had a thirteen run out burst after actually taking a five one lead.
Speaker 2: They gave it up.
Speaker 1: Then they scored eight in a row, all run scored with two outs. And Spencer Strider ain't it right now, he knows it. His stuff's not the same at all. His last two starts against the Mets and the Brewers five homers, eight and two thirds, thirteen runs, nineteen hits. I mean that is not Spencer Streider at all. Mets still have concerns though, I mean they ran out of fireworks first of all, which just come on, guys, you ran out of fireworks. What if you had an eight homer game, you got to have more fireworks available. I'm kidding. But they did demote Frankie Montas, and they are going to call it Nolan McLean this weekend, who's one of their top pitching prospects, And some people are like, it's about damn time. Are show collectively has been pretty hard on the Montas signing, and we will continue to do that.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what this guy looks like. One of their top prospects, great stuff down in the upper miners, So we'll see what happens. But anyway, for the Mets, they still have work to do.
Speaker 1: Got to maintain that position in the wildcard outside chance to chasing the Phillies for the division.
Speaker 2: But it's going to be tough.
Speaker 1: At least the offense found their form against the guy who's a shell of himself. Right now, let's slap right to Kratz hats and maybe aj hats too.
Speaker 4: The t Grace a team that I think really needs to pick it up. I get it. They were cold going into the break, out of the break all that stuff. They need to pick it up. A lot of times we were saying they were the best team in the American League, and as Tim Kirkshon said, there's no good teams that are really that great in the American League. They could be one of them. They have the best picture on the planet.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I'll read you a little note on the way out. So there's a bunch of day games first of all, so we're done for the day. But if you want to check those out, go for it. Rockies beat the Cardinals yesterday. Cardinals still have an outside chance. I mean they got to go on a ridiculous run. They sold a little, they didn't sell much, but they did get shut out by the Rockies yesterday. Are Katie Wu from Cardinal Territory said, as many of you pointed out, Colorado has shut out Saint Louis twice this season. Colorado has two shutout wins this season. You do the math right.
Speaker 2: Both against Right now?
Speaker 4: You said you said shut out wins. Do they have any shutout losses?
Speaker 2: Is that a joke?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know why he said shut out win.
Speaker 3: By the way, shut out my hat, that's what you want to know. My hat is Maven for my son. That's what even baseball being seen it.
Speaker 4: Check it out, check it out.
Speaker 1: Swing big on your next MLB parlay. Use the MLB Parlay boost token to score a bigger payout if your baseball parlay hits. It's that simple when you head to betmgm dot com or the bet mgm at gambling problem more concern called one eight hundred gambler