Speaker 1: Welcome everyone.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR Pre Show, Friday, April eighteenth. I am Shannon the Dude, be enjoyed by Billy Relich. You can give us a call on the Clark's Pupping Shop phone line at eight five nine two eighth twenty two eighty seven. If you're a whiskey thief call of the day. You can also send to us a text at five two two six five six six five six. The KSR pre Show being brought to you by Italic Spine Italian Donning in Lexington. It is good Friday all around for everybody who celebrates Easter and everything coming up this weekend.
Speaker 1: Good Friday.
Speaker 2: I think that every Friday is good. Good to be here with you, Billy, how are you doing this morning?
Speaker 3: Happy good Friday to you, Shannon. It is a good Friday, the weekend ahead. I can't tell you how happy it made me yesterday that the first caller to KSR was Gene Mitchell. I mean, I thought the guy was there in PCB listening to the show. Maybe you had made a text or a call to get Gene on the show. But in fact, just like the Mark Pope fiasco we had the other day, it was a different Geen Mitchell, who decided to play some of his own catalog of music. So I thought that was just just perfect to start chaos. R guess, yeah, imagine that you got.
Speaker 2: First of all, Gen Mitchell's had a great week as far as his publicity goes Man I made for a random lounge singer down in Florida. To get all this publicity on the biggest radio show in the state of Kentucky is pretty impressive for him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, how about that.
Speaker 2: You have another guy from Lexington who says, I've been hearing you guys talk about Gen Mitchell the last couple of days. I'm Gen Mitchell, and I used to be a lounge singer and then called his back Billy and played over, like I guess, a cassette tape over the air, some of his music, and I got several tweets of people who were really upset they were listening on podcasts they couldn't hear the music. But there's a very strict policy that we cannot put any music in podcast. I was tempted to leave it in there, but I'm like, you know what, it's probably not worth it, so we need to probably take it out that's the protocol now. But unfortunately, if you weren't listening live, you didn't get to hear any of the Lexington gen Mitchell's music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the executive decision had to be made, Shannon. You know we can't have, you know, copyright fines coming back to the local market.
Speaker 1: So blame Billy.
Speaker 2: By the way, you were here in Louisville yesterday and your khakis and your button down shirt. Yes, and you said we got to take the music out. I said, okay, okay, sir, Billy, we'll take it out. It's gone, sir. No, sir, direct direct all of your hate tweets to Billy our sports. No.
Speaker 3: But that was that was such a funny part because he started playing his song and he just kept playing it and kept playing it.
Speaker 2: And you're like, are we is he gonna stop? He's like, I can't hear it. At this point, I didn't have the heart to cut him off.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to keep going.
Speaker 2: Uh So, yeah, you missed that if you didn't listen live yesterday, and uh well, if you weren't at the Engineering Press, I guess lunching.
Speaker 1: I guess we could call it you missed out on Ryan Lemon who. You never know what Ryan's up to.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes he just shows up dressed nicely and they're like, Okay, there's obviously something going on because normally Ryan shows up in a free T shirt and shorts, so when he puts on a pair of kakis, are like, what you got going on today? I did not expect the words I'm going to be speaking at an engineer at luncheon to come out of Ryan's mouth, But you never know what he's up to, and that's what he did yesterday.
Speaker 1: Billy, Oh, it was.
Speaker 3: It was so fun trying to weed out how he exactly got himself in that situation, not a paid gig, just out of the kindness of Ryan's heart. He was willing to speak to this conference. But as we quickly found out that he was ill prepared, Shannon, the jokes that he kind of i mean tested on us didn't really fall very well, and even when an engineer called in to try to give him some help, it didn't really turn out that great.
Speaker 1: But you know, Drew had done some reporting.
Speaker 3: I guess he had got some a picture of Ryan actually at a conference saying that he was doing a good job.
Speaker 1: So I am anxiously awaiting.
Speaker 3: Ryan's report later today and hoping to hear he just didn't get boot out of there. Yes, I mean it very well could have turned on him, but you know Ryan, he's going to be He's going to be Ryan, and I'm sure it worked out just fine.
Speaker 2: One other takeaway about this was when Drew pulled up what he should say to the engineers on AI that is scary creepy.
Speaker 1: Not only did it.
Speaker 2: Give him some really good jokes which were much better than what came out of Ryan's mind, but it kind of gave the joke. It delivered the joke like in like as if it were Ryan. You know, it's like in the whole I guess Ryan Lemon theme. When we read those jokes, I could almost hear Ryan saying those, because it knows exactly who he is. That AI stuff is just it creeps me out how how accurate.
Speaker 1: It can be. It's scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, knowing Ryan was the lovable one that was self deprecating and could poke fun at himself to set up the jokes at the to the the AI had given us was bizarre. I mean, it just has all of the information out there in its wealth of knowledge, Shannon, and I actually ended up downloading the AI on my phone the other day deep Seek, which is the same as chat GP but it's Chinese, Shannon, and it's mainly free. I think chat gbt is has a free and a paid version. But so you know, ten years from now, this is going to be a tool. I think probably a lot of us used, don't you think probably, So it'll be like, now, do you think it takes our job?
Speaker 1: That's the thing we need to worry about, right.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I think there already is an AI DJ in Kansas City that they're using. Really there is, Yeah, and it says that it's AI something AI Alex or AI Ali or so.
Speaker 1: There go your afternoon show there.
Speaker 3: Maybe the sports talk format, the news talk format as well will stay alive. Yeah, yeah, But anyway, hopefully we'll get a well I'm sure we will get an update on how it went for Ryan, and I think, like you said, Drew went there to report on it. So I'm looking forward to that coming up at ten o'clock on KSR. Of course, we are the show before the show, and this really is just further proof, Billy, I've said this and it's true.
Speaker 1: Ryan will really will say.
Speaker 2: Yes to anything. He'll do anything. I mean, you ask him to go speak at an engineer luncheon, He'll do it.
Speaker 1: I will not.
Speaker 2: I like, don't ask me to do like a public speech, for I hate public speaking, which is sort of weird. You know a guy that jumps on here and you know, talks to thousands of listeners every single day. It's different like even doing a remote. I'm fine doing a remote because we're doing a show. I don't want to be standing up there by myself, like in front of a podium, talking to hundreds of people. It's something that really I have You think I don't know anything about sports. I have no clue about engineering, so there's no way that I would do. You like doing public speaking?
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 3: Well, it was kind of my thing in college, right, I mean, I took some advance public speaking courses. I knew this is what I wanted to do, so I kind of played into it, right, And I'm still saying o'mana every other word and your name maybe twenty times a show. So I don't know how much that worked very much, But how does a radio host an ovw heel and a lead singer of a band be afraid of public speaking, Shannon, I mean, that's a piece of cake.
Speaker 2: Not afraid of it. I just I just don't like it. I just don't like the idea of doing it. It's different when you're doing a radio show. It's different when you're doing even OVW. Like I don't have a script. I don't know what I'm going to say when I go out there. But it's just it's a lot easier. But when you have a like you're doing a public speech, I feel like all the eyes are like they're on you the entire time. You got to fill thirty minutes, and it's like, okay, well what are we going to talk about? Unless you have a written speech, But then you're just looking down and reading a piece of paper. So I don't feel like that's good a good public speaking practice.
Speaker 3: You got to make eye contact right, you know, buy strong body language. You know, it's okay to have silence, some dead airas okay every now and then.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The most surprising thing for me was Ryan was like, yeah, I've got to talk for thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: That should be nothing. Thirty minutes is a long time. Oh yeah, Like if.
Speaker 2: You know you or me, we're just here solo, and when there was no callers, nobody to talk to. Even if you did know what you were going to talk about, it's a lot of time to fill. Like I've seen some radio guys that could sit there and talk to a wall, and that's a great talent to have. But even really good radio host, even some of the best hosts ever, they all have to have co host. You know, even Howard Stern, who I would say is the best radio talent of all time, still has his Robin, still has his Baba Booie to talk to.
Speaker 1: He's just he's not doing it all by himself.
Speaker 2: But yeah, when you're doing public speaking, if if you don't have some sort of script, you're just kind of up there floating in the air, you know, trying to figure out what you're going to say and try to entertain a group of people who are just staring holes through you. It's always uncomfortable for me if I have to do something like that.
Speaker 3: I got Nick Coffee doing three hours a day, yeah on Louisville. He's great at sports. Yeah, to do it by himself, it's just unbelievable. Little Colin Cowhard act I had to do a little bit of that as I waited for a couple of guests while you're gone chating, and it's tough, like you had to pose questions to yourself answer your own questions. It's it's definitely a different art form. And Matt has said many times in the past and advice to us, make sure you have somebody else with you. It's a much easier thing to do with somebody else. Ryan's like, oh, I'll go five minutes on basketball, five minutes on football. Maybe I'll go another five minutes telling jokes. I'll talk about my dogs or another five You.
Speaker 2: Can't go five minutes telling those jokes that he was telling. I mean, they fell about as flat as it could and they were he was bombing on the ear. So I'm glad that you ran them by us first instead of just went out there and just did them, you know, without running You always have to, like you're gonna do jokes, you need to have like a test subject, you got to run them by somebody first to make sure they land. Like if I tell you a joke, billy and you laugh, I go, okay, maybe I'll try that one. But if you just you know, look at me, deadpan and don't even you know, flinch. Then I'm gonna go I probably shouldn't do that if I'm going to try to, you know, land a joke in front of one hundred people or so.
Speaker 3: No, the laughter is so important after you tell a joke and it falls flat on the radio, if there isn't that laughter, right, I mean, that's what separates us from maybe something like SNL where they have an audience. You know, we have a studio audience sometimes, Shannon, when we're on a remote, so jokes land a.
Speaker 1: Little bit better.
Speaker 3: But it definitely is different when we do it remote. Don't you think like it's it's a different show. You've got to play to the crowd a little bit more. You've got to have those public speaking skills, you know. Right now, I could be in my pajamas, you know what I mean, and we're just kind of yucking it up.
Speaker 1: It's theater of the mind, you know.
Speaker 2: I only wish that Mario were there to document Ryan's full speech, so I know what was Mary could have it he needed to fin well. I'll tell you what Mario was doing. He was doing videos with Ryan and Drew after the show. Did you see the video that he did yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the correct time.
Speaker 2: Well I can't. I can't do it to you then because you already know the answers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Mario was asking Drew and Ryan after the show for a video for social media, which of these times are incorrect? Which of these times are never on a clock? Is it eleven to fifty nine pm, twelve fifty nine am, twelve fifty five pm, or eleven fifty nine am. And the answer was, according to Ryan, twelve fifty nine am is impossible. I believe yes, twelve to fifty nine am is impossible, even though it happens twice every single day.
Speaker 1: So the answer was, all those.
Speaker 2: Are the correct times, all those times or actual times that can happen that happened twice a day on a clock.
Speaker 1: It's a trick question. But Ryan fell for the tomorrow A. Mario's getting sneaky, how he is. He's trying to make his look dumb. I think is what it is. Well, he's expanding a little bit.
Speaker 3: He had Ryan and Drew do the put some headphones on and try to read the lips of what we're saying.
Speaker 1: He wanted me to do that with Matt. I think you would know how that would go.
Speaker 3: And now that he's trying to trick us with time questions, Shannon, I'm just going to be a little on guard next time Mario gives us the social media assignment, don't you think?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I guess said.
Speaker 2: He's trying to make his He's trying to make fools out of us, and some of us don't need much help as it is, but you get to watch.
Speaker 3: I was just hoping Mario was going to do a Mitch McConnell impression in front of Mitch when he went to Louisville the other day.
Speaker 2: Like, Mario is the absolute worst doing impersonations.
Speaker 1: He came in. Mario is the worst at impersonations.
Speaker 2: He came in here, he was in Louisbell he he actually believed that he could come on like this show on KSR, pretend to be me and that Ryan would not even know, like he would even recognize me.
Speaker 1: Did he try it? Or he did?
Speaker 2: But I'm like, you know, you don't even sound close to what I sound like, Like some people are hard to impersonate, Yeah, like you would be hard to impersonate.
Speaker 1: Why my dy voice is that? Why is it hard to replicate?
Speaker 2: You just sound like there's nothing really distinctive. I don't think about your voice, you know, if you're doing a you're doing.
Speaker 1: A mixed down stand out at all.
Speaker 2: Bill, No, you just kind of you just sound like any other voice. Oh but there's like Mitch McConnell though, I mean, you know, you could do an impersonation to him because he's you know, he's got that distinctive voice.
Speaker 3: And I sure couldn't pick your talk about a bland voice that I hear, thank you. I mean seven shows a day, I mean, please, it's just background noise.
Speaker 1: Just plug me in anywhere.
Speaker 2: It was also great having DeAndre Liggins on yesterday on the show. He's going to be coming back to Lexington for the TBT Tournament. Yeah, I was looking up his like the places he's played. You want to talk about a journeyman, let me give you where all DeAndrea Higgins has been since he left Kentucky. All right, hit me, this is a long list, all right. He went to Orlando with the Magic, then he went to Oklahoma City almost so far, then back to Florida with the Miami Heat. Then he went to Russia, Germany.
Speaker 1: He went from Miami to Russia.
Speaker 2: From Miami to Russia, Germany, back to the NBA with Cleveland, then Dallas, over to Milwaukee, New Orleans, back overseas to Greece, then to Spain, London, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, and now he's currently playing with Iraq. You want to talk about a guy who has seen the world and he's going to be coming back for this TBT tournament in Lexington.
Speaker 1: That's that's our guy, DeAndrea Liiggins. He's been all over the place.
Speaker 3: That was the one question I wanted to hear that wasn't answered in that interview. Was he mentioned Saudi Arabia in Iraq and talk about the culture shock you have to have if you're playing even in different European cities and then you go to a place like Saudi Arabia to play. Shannon, So, I didn't know that list was that long. I mean, my guy went from Miami to Russia. That may be the biggest climate change ever, right, I mean, besides Antarctica being in play here, there's not much more severe from going from Miami to Russia unless you're living on the equator or something like that.
Speaker 1: But man, wishing him nothing but the best.
Speaker 3: It was fun to hear him talk about just you know, some of the great times a corner three hit versus North Caroline.
Speaker 1: Still gets chills just watching that back.
Speaker 3: Oh what, that's got to be a surreal moment if you've had success in a high level sport and you can watch it back like that man talk about something that is really really cool. But yeah, really cool to have him on. I'm excited to have him on the TVT team. That was so much fun last year. Unfortunately Deron had practice, so we're gonna still try to effort that.
Speaker 1: But great to hear from Lincolns yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, try to hear from you if you give us a call. Eight five to nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. It's Shannon the Dude and Billy Rutledge here on the KSR pre Show.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: KSR Pre Show eight five to nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Yes, Billy, twelve fifty nine happens twice a day. Did I say twelve to fifty nine am happens twice a day? If I said that, I misspoke, I meant I think at twelve fifty nine happens twice a day.
Speaker 3: Okay, some people miss misspeak sometimes, Shannon, you can do in a thirty minute conference in front of engineer exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: This segment sponsor by DraftKings.
Speaker 2: You know the playoffs are here and you can bet on all the action with Draft Kings sportsbook promo code KSR. If you're a new customer, bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. You can make it a playoff run to remember with DraftKings. Download the app and promo code KSR with same game parlay as live betting player props, and you get fast and easy payouts with DraftKings only on DraftKings.
Speaker 1: With KSR, the crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gamly problem call Oney Dinder Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply in new customers zone. Bonus beets expired one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms are Responsible Gaming Resources ce dkng CO, slash Audio, I guess Billy. The big news of the day yesterday was Colin Chandler announcing that he is coming back for another season. You know a guy that if you'd asked me is it a big deal if Colin Chandler comes back from maybe the midpoint of the season going back, I would say, eh, you know, he's probably not going to be that much of a of a role player on the team anyway.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's going to see the floor much.
Speaker 2: But man, he how important was Colin Chandler from like the second half of the season, especially into the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 3: He was everything Now, he was very important. Just to watch his growth over the season was a kin to Amari Williams who at times we were screaming at the TV to keep his hands up. And he becomes one of the most efficient players to play at Kentucky, especially.
Speaker 1: As a big man.
Speaker 3: But Colin, man, he's diving on the floor, He's getting bloody. He had his Tyler Eulis moment and the Mormon Mamba, the super Soaker. This guy is somebody that is going to make I think a huge impact on the team next year. But I don't know how you know what I mean, Like, I know you have to have depth, but do you have him at the two? Is he your backup point guard?
Speaker 1: Shannon?
Speaker 3: He's going to get in, but where he the puzzle? Piece will fit in that. I think that's still maybe up in two interpretations.
Speaker 2: But there's probably I think plenty of point guards right on the droster next year, maybe back up two. But I think there's definitely a spot for him out there. You know, he may not get a ton of minutes, but he's definitely a guy that if you need a lockdown defender, he proved that he could be that for you. He also proved that he's got a good three point shot. Knocked down some big threes. Yeah, think crucial moments throughout the season. So he's definitely a guy that I'm excited to have back. But yeah, you're right, I mean, what role exactly will he have, We'll find out, but I think he's definitely a big part of the bench coming back.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I still think that they're looking for a guard, mainly a shooter in the portal. You say they have a lot of point guards.
Speaker 1: On the roster. I'm not sure who you mean. I mean, besides Jalen Lowe.
Speaker 2: Don't they have a couple of others on there as well. Maybe let me let me pull up man.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're including Travis Perry, maybe then you're you're deep with Jalen Low, Colin Chandler and Travis Perry if you want to play him at the one, but I think Jasper Johnson's going to probably be more of a two.
Speaker 1: You expect to take it a come back to him. Was a point guard, I guess.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jasper, I think definitely he could play play some point guard as well, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just it's gonna be interesting to see how it all works out.
Speaker 3: And Colin was a guy that didn't play basketball for what two years, Shannon on a mission trip, so you knew it was going to be a slow process. But for him to be able to give some good minutes this year and in some important times and even in like the SEC Tournament, in the NCAA Tournament, it was it was crucial. So it's a you know, we were yelling at Mark Pope to shorten the rotation at times last.
Speaker 1: Year and that proved to be shortsighted.
Speaker 2: It gives you a little bit of continuity as well, you know, from Mark Pope's first season, a guy that has been here, I think, you know, I think that's always important too, especially in the transfer portal era where rosters just you know, completely flip and you got a lot of teams that return nobody the next year. So I think just having a few guys back that we're here from last season, I think I think is important as well.
Speaker 3: Well, if I could say one thing on that, speaking of the transfer portal, there was a report out by Travis Brandam that Kentucky is one of several teams that's expected to spend more than ten million dollars on their roster for this upcoming season. Is that not insane or is that about right? When you think about what these guys are getting paid.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you always hear these numbers and I always say you can't really trust them because I haven't really seen it on paper. I mean, you could say that a player's making two three million dollars a year, but is he right?
Speaker 1: Do we know that?
Speaker 2: So you're saying that the report though of Kentucky spending at least ten million dollars in in il, we know that to be true.
Speaker 3: We know that to be fact. Brandham reported it last week. Matt Norlander actually expanded on that report this week from on CBS Sports, and there are ten teams that are expected to spend more than ten million Arkansas BYU Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, North Carolina, Saint John's, and Texas Tech.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you're gonna be a blue blood and you're gonna compete for recruiting, we know now it all comes down to the almighty dollar. It's interesting though, that Kentucky is in that that that group of teams paying ten million dollars plus for players, especially when you factor in you know, when nil it first became a thing, it felt like Kentucky was so far behind everybody else and we talked about how, you know, Mitch Barnhardt seemed like he was so hesitant to fully embrace inn IL and that was a point of frustration.
Speaker 1: I think for a lot of fans.
Speaker 2: Now you hear these numbers that Kentucky's up there spending the big bucks with you know, the other programs in college basketball that are willing to spend that kind of mone money. It's surprising, number one, that they're spending that much, if they indeed are, and especially when you factor in where they came from with the NIL at very at the very beginning, like I'm saying with Mitch, seeming like you didn't want to die, you know, go all in on NIL, and now all of a sudden you're spending as much as any other team in college basketball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's a mess.
Speaker 3: I mean, these three million dollar handshakes to come play for your team is different than the Clark's Pumping Shop.
Speaker 1: You know, I pump I shop, Yeah, pump. No, that's worth that's worth a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, I just feel like that was what NIL was supposed to be exactly.
Speaker 2: You're what, You're doing a job and you're getting paid for not just here's a bag of money, come play for us.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're doing spots like that for Clark's Pumping Shop, or you're doing autograph signings, you're doing a task and getting paid for it.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what I always thought in IL was supposed to be.
Speaker 2: You know, you're selling jerseys in in the uh in the store, okay, you're signing autographs yes maybe, yeah, yeah, you're doing you know, you're selling something with your name on it.
Speaker 1: You're getting money hence name image likeness. But now it just seems it's.
Speaker 2: Gone from what I thought and IO was supposed to be originally. I think what it was intended to be originally to oh, here's a bag full of money.
Speaker 1: It's all legal. Now come play for us, or I'll hold out unless I get another two million dollars, you know. So we'll take your phone calls.
Speaker 2: Coming up next eight five nine two oh twenty two eighty seven, It's Shannon and Billy on the ksrppre Show. It is the KSR pre Show, Shannon the Dude, Billy Relige eight five nine and two eight oh twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 1: Uh, we are a week away.
Speaker 2: Billy from a KSR pre show sometimes co host making their ring debut at OVW, Cash Daniel.
Speaker 1: You know, I told you he's been trying at OVW.
Speaker 2: One week from tonight, he's gonna be in Pikeville at the Appalachian Arena for Hillbilly Days and he's gonna have his first match against Superior Tony Evans. So this is this is something I've been looking forward to ever since I heard that Cash is training.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's in great shape.
Speaker 2: I've been hearing good reports from his trainers, and I'm ready to see what he's got next Friday night, Apple Latching Wireless Arena. So if you're in that area, make sure you go by and check it out ov wrestling dot Com for tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna have to make the trip one of these days to see Cash. Now, I don't know if you have the inside scoop. Is my guy going as a babyface or I mean he seems like more like a.
Speaker 1: Heel, doesn't he Well, I mean he's gonna be in his hometown.
Speaker 2: I think that the hometown hero is going to be cheered, doesn't matter if you're a heel or not. You know, even even you know the Top Hills and the WWE, you know, when they would go around and they would like it, like for like Memphis, like we had Memphis Wrestling. Even when like Jerry Lawler was a hill in the WWF, when he would go to Memphis with the WWF, those fans would still cheer him. You're a hometown hero, I think that he will definitely be the fan favorite.
Speaker 3: Well, enjoy it now then Cash, because I don't know if that's gonna be his stick standing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I was trying to say, yeah, careful, careful, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna be a heel and he's gonna love it, he's gonna be so good. I mean you you're gonna be managing him by the time this year.
Speaker 1: Maybe so.
Speaker 2: And you know, I think he's gonna be on the fast track to go to you know, AE W or who knows man.
Speaker 1: Maybe you see Cash Daniel and the WWE.
Speaker 2: A lot of those WWE guys are former college football players. I could definitely see him, uh you know, them strapping the rocket to him and getting him up to the next level very quickly.
Speaker 1: So I like the outrunners.
Speaker 3: Maybe he'll find himself in a locker room after an NCAA tournament game hyping up a team, because that was a bizarre story this year.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: The other big news I think from the day is Lee Corso is finally retiring. You know, he was on college game Day for how many years? I mean, my gosh, this guy is just forty right, Yeah, an absolute legend in the football game.
Speaker 1: And I you know, Drew hit this yesterday.
Speaker 2: I think it's just cool what Kirk Herbstreet has done with Lee Corso sort of you know, just taking in Lee and helping him when you know they're doing the show and maybe Lee's trying to you know, get us, get like what he's trying to say out and he's kind of stumbling over his words a little bit. Kirk Herbstreet was always good to come in and sort of take care of Lee on the set there and then off the set as well.
Speaker 1: So great career for Lee Korso.
Speaker 2: He's going to come back for Week one of college game Day for next season, and then they're going to send him on his way into retirement.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And what do you think is the game that they'll pick on August thirtieth, LSU at Clemson, Texas at Ohio State, or Alabama at Florida State.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it's Texas at Ohio State. Man. Yeah, that would probably they just win the title.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that would probably be the one. So you see Lee Corso put on the mascot heead one more time.
Speaker 3: And I agree with maybe. I think Drew said this yesterday. I think the bid ends there. I don't know if you carry on the headgear tradition with somebody else, I think even so. I saw Kirk Herbstreet said he would like tackle or wrestle anybody that tried to do the herb Street headgear pick.
Speaker 1: So the course over pick. Yeah, So yeah, the course, O pick. But yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: He's been very gracious as he has entered old Age Herbstreet two course. So and it's been really sweet, and honestly, I've enjoyed watching the college football Game Day show.
Speaker 2: Now, speaking of college football, there's gonna be some updates in the rules. Finally, Billy, they're going to address this fake injury thing that you see all the time in college football, the fake d Yeah, it's like, you know, they're trying to stop the clock, so you got a fake an injury.
Speaker 1: So the new rule is going forward.
Speaker 2: If a player goes down after the ball has spotted for the next play, that player's team is charged to time out. If that player's team is out of timeouts, it's a five yard penalty. They have to do something about it because you're you know, it happened once and then you started seeing other teams copy it, and then it was like you're seeing it somewhere in college football almost on a weekly basis, and it's so blatant that they're faking injuries just to get a free time out. I'm glad they're finally addressing this and saying nope, we're not gonna we're gonna have to put some some rules on this too.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: And like when old missus Jackson Dart looks to the sideline and then looks at his running back and points to the ground, He's like pointing to the ground and he just falls. Yeah, I mean it's ridiculous, but like, let's not be hypocrites. Kentucky was doing this too. I think they got caught maybe more than a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care who's doing it, like regardless, Yeah, I mean everybody. Everybody's doing it because they could get away with it.
Speaker 1: You're trying to get ahead.
Speaker 3: I mean, if if you're not cheating, you ain't trying. I think many would disagree with that saying. But you've got to try to find an edge somewhere. And hopefully there is some nuance in this, Shannon, because I may still catch a cramp even after the balls spotted, but too bad, Like it's going to be a timeout.
Speaker 1: It'll be a time out, you know. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: If it is a legitimate cramp that you get, then you better crawl. You better crawl, You better get off the film. Army crawl, Bear crawl off of that field.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the other thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, if you're injured, okay, but by the time the play has ended on it. But yeah, by the time the play has ended and the ref has to go get the ball, it has to go spot the ball. I mean, that's a good you know, several seconds. If you're not injured immediately after the play, then you're probably fakes unless it does a cramp you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know it took Tomorrow hammel In a second to go down. You know, I could get a concussion, try to walk it off and then and then fall later. So I think there should be a couple exceptions. But this is obviously a big step in the right direction.
Speaker 2: The problem is though you can't tell you can't you can't tell somebody you're faking an injury. So you have to treat it all the same. But you can't you can't address it on a on a play by play situation, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, then you're gonna look really bad at one point when something like this happens.
Speaker 1: But well, I mean.
Speaker 2: Change, okay, So what we charged your team of time out? We gave them a five yard penalty. You know, I think that it's it's better for the game that you do this. Otherwise it's just going to continue happening and probably happened more and more next season if they didn't put this role on it.
Speaker 3: Well, it is a gladiator sport. You should still expect injuries. I mean, these people are flying at each other at fast speeds and with equipment, so there's a.
Speaker 2: Big difference between Okay, I hit you, boom, you're down and you're not getting up, versus I hit you, you get down, you get up, then you fall back down again ten seconds later.
Speaker 1: Come on, no, I agree. It had gotten out of hand and it was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's go to the phones A five to nine two twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 1: Jerry is up next, what's up? Jerry? Hey, Jerry, Hey, guys.
Speaker 4: I'm a huge anti Leaf Corso person, and this was before he had his medical issues. He hated UKA, he coached at Lois, went to Indiana, hated UK because the UK would never play him when he was at Mobile, and I didn't ever think he was very good at what he did. Unpopular opinions perhaps.
Speaker 1: Well maybe so.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know Lee Corso, not necessarily as the coach, but as the guy in College Game Day. Who I felt like it was, you know, a sort of a lovable figure. So, you know, I guess if you know him from maybe his coaching career next for the college area, we're getting some feedback on you. You know, I look at Lee Corso and that light, you know, sort of like the Dick Vatel of college football.
Speaker 3: Did you miss his years at Louisville from nineteen sixty nine to nineteen seventy two?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is that not how you remember? It's not how I remember. Yeah, I was the Sunshine Scooter. I was not in this.
Speaker 2: World at that time, So I did not follow Lee Corso as a coach. But you're like me, you know him as the guy from college Game Day.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But every time somebody brought up the story yesterday, I thought he had passed. Like every time it was like framed, it was like even the way Ryan did it.
Speaker 1: And I love Ryan, but it was just like, you know.
Speaker 3: We all love Lee Corso and he's always done such a good job on college game Day and he's having serious health issues, so I'm thinking, my god, what happened? Yeah, Luckily he is just retiring, so we get to celebrate him one more time. And that'll be on August thirtieth, and maybe.
Speaker 2: We can toast the career of Lee Corso with some Silk Velvet whiskey, Billy. We're talking about a historic brand of bourbon which I am a big fan of. I told you you know, just last week I took some bourbon down to Florida and sip some bourbon on the beach and it was definitely as good as I expected it to be. The name Silk Velvet was born when Colonel as Winstead tasted the first batch in eighteen eighty and declared it the smoothest whiskey on the market. Then a nineteen thirteen newspaper described it as having a national reputation for purity and aroma.
Speaker 1: Billy, it was shipped all over the United States.
Speaker 2: Then prohibition came along and for one hundred years, silk Velvet whiskey didn't even exist. But then just last year the Hargus family decided we're going to bring this thing back and it's been a huge success. Handpicked by award winning master distiller Jacob Call And this isn't your average bottle. We're talking about some premium bourbon Silk Velvet whiskey.
Speaker 1: You can check them out.
Speaker 2: They just tweeted out on social media, well, on Twitter and on Instagram and on Facebook a link where you can find silk velvet whiskey. And some people were asking, They've got an entire like spreadsheet it where you can find it. Handcraft it, hand selected and made to be enjoyed, smooth as silk and rich as velvet. Check out silk velvet whiskey this weekend. Or hey, you know Derby's coming up. You have a Derby party. You got to have some bourbon there. Yeah, you give silk velvet whiskey a try. Or are you gonna have a Derby party this year? Billy No, I will be at the Derby. I actually applied for my credential today. Okay, I'll be interviewing the jockeys.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, you did that last year.
Speaker 3: Yes, And if you remember, I got the Derby winning jockey Brian Hernandez Junior earlier in the day and that was a cool moment. We got to play it back on has after the Derby and I won a lot of money last year.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck to you, man.
Speaker 2: I hope you're looking forward to doing that. Can you get the winning jockey again. Can you intervot the interview of the winning horse this year?
Speaker 1: Would you do that? Please? Let you hear that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as long as they're not like trying to bite me or the jockey, because remember, I mean right after the derby, was it the winner? A couple of years ago you posted a video it kind of went viral.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 2: The horse won the derby and then immediately started eating the other horses. I mean, that is the definition of literally eating your competition. We're gonna take a break eight five, nine, two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven, we'll be right back on the KSR pre Show.
Speaker 1: Final segment of the KSR pre Show.
Speaker 2: Billy, yesterday you gave us the report that if you eat your your mills fast, you have a greater chance of becoming obese. Right, that was basically the gist of the story. And I told you that I was a fast eater. So last night, Billy, I wanted to kind of see how fast that I am at eating dinner. So I had a plate full of spaghetti. All right, I's doing my KSR pre show homework. I had a plate full of spaghetti. I ate the entire plate and three minutes and fifty one second.
Speaker 1: Stop at three minutes and fifty one second, you.
Speaker 2: Were telling me I'm supposed to take thirty minutes on that. No, no sides, by the way, just.
Speaker 3: A plateful of shaghetti, shoveling it in your mouth, one bite after the other.
Speaker 2: No time to breathe. Oh yeah, there's a couple of breaths in there. I'm mixed in one or two.
Speaker 3: I mean, talk about impressive unless we're talking about the small paper plates.
Speaker 1: Go here, I'll send you a picture of it, Like, I'll send it to you right now. I believe you. I had like I had like a.
Speaker 2: Mix of a baked spaghetti and just regular spaghetti.
Speaker 1: It was like so it was the spaghetti sampler and you ate at the table in front of Sarah, right Or was it I ate at the at the bar, like at the house bar, you know, like a little island in your kitchen with what phone in your hand? Nope?
Speaker 2: Uh, I think I was watching an old rerun of Unsolved Mysteries. Maybe it was I was so scared I was shoveling in the food. Quicker as I'm watching the Unsolved.
Speaker 1: You got a kitchen TV going on? Is that what you want. You can see it in the My kitchen is open.
Speaker 2: It's like all like one open room, so from the kitchen I can sit at the island and then see into the living room and watch the TV.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got your plate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's not a full plate, but I mean that would that's a pretty fun get a little sized dinner.
Speaker 1: So it's a good amount of spaghetti. Did you eat that in three minutes and fifty Secondsick?
Speaker 3: No, exactly, No, Shannon, I mean, what are you kobe ash? Did you use your bare hands?
Speaker 1: No? No, I'm civilized. You're gonna be obese. We have forks and bullet county. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got people asking for the full banana croquette recipe.
Speaker 1: Do you have time today to no type that all out for? You can google it?
Speaker 2: I mean it does like I'm not the only person in the world that has the banana croquette recipe. I mean you can find that on Google. I'm sure it may not be as good as ours, but you know it's still.
Speaker 1: The whole bananas? Is it? Mayo cut them into like thirds? Are they completely coated in whichever one? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you you chop up the bananas in thirds? Right, you pill it first, Okay, you don't put you don't eat the skin on it, and then you put the miracle whip on it or I guess mayonnaise, and then you put like chopped up peanuts on it and then you eat it.
Speaker 1: It's it. Well, that makes sense. I know you love mayonnaise, so it's just a natural dish for you. Yep.
Speaker 2: Uh, you were telling me that, you know, yesterday the guarantee the lock of the century on.
Speaker 3: Drop of the century baby was what minus twenty thousand cam Ward to go number one overall.
Speaker 1: To the Tennessee Titans. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was informed shortly after the show that Kentucky, I believe, is one of six states that does not allow you to bet on the NFL draft on DraftKings for some reason. So then you got the you know, so you make that trip across the bridge state lines there you go, you pay that toll, or maybe you'd make it a fifteen more minutes, and you cross the other bridge and.
Speaker 1: Uh, and then you place that bet, Shannon.
Speaker 3: But I was surprised to hear that about about DK, But nevertheless, we still love DK.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're outside of it, Juckey, you can bet on it. Then on DraftKings sportsbook promo code KSR bet five dollars, get two undred dollars in bonus bets instantly for new customers. You can start off betting on something simple like a player to win or a team to win and a you know, maybe a player to get an X amount of points. Whatever you want to set it ed, It's all there for you. On DraftKings with promo code KSR, the crown is yours. Gambling problem callingy and Hunter Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only.
Speaker 1: Eligibility restrictors apply. New customers only.
Speaker 2: Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms Responsible gaming Resources see DKNG dot co slash audio Billy.
Speaker 1: Still lock though still a lock? Okay, did you.
Speaker 2: See the video from world renowned golfer and former inmate in the Jefferson County Penitentiary Scottie Shuffler.
Speaker 1: Have you seen this? Wait? Wait?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: What did he do? Okay?
Speaker 2: So he was asked recently about the filling of when you're out there competing, you know, for a PGA championship, Like, what's that feeling like?
Speaker 1: And he compared it to well, here, I'll just play the last ten or fifteen seconds of the clip for you here.
Speaker 5: And if I like, for instance, if Rosie missus that Putney, I hold it huge adeneral in ross and a huge adeneral adrenaline rush, and it takes something out of you, you know, kind of like the adrenalin rush you get from getting arrested. Like that, that takes something out of you.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: You know, Scotty ever since he was arrested here in Louisville, he's taking some little tongue in cheek subtle shots at Louisville. I think he called it Lewisville in one of his interviews that he did. And now bringing up the comparing the adrenaline rush billy of winning the PGA Championship to getting arrested, you think that he ever comes back. Does Scotty Scheffler ever play another round of golf in Louisville?
Speaker 1: What a great question.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, maybe does the PGA Championship ever come back to Valhalla?
Speaker 2: I think that's the question. I mean, if it does, then he If it does, then he comes back.
Speaker 3: Well I hope so, but I don't think. I mean, it seems like they won't at this point. It just because it was such a fiasco. But you know, Scotty didn't sue the city, and that was a huge sticking point as well.
Speaker 1: Right, he could have really drawn this out.
Speaker 3: But you know, he showed some grace, even though maybe he wasn't shown much, but him like doing stretches in the jail cell, trying to get ready, and then he comes out and shoots sixty six Shannon. So even though the adrenaline may have been taken out of him, he still had a hell of a round. And that will be a a famous Louisville sports story one hundred years from now.
Speaker 1: There's no debt.
Speaker 2: It was such a crazy moment and then I think, you know, cooler has prevailed after everybody had some time to you know, step back and look at the situation and what happened, and everybody was like, Okay, maybe we went we went a little too hard, you know, o their heads.
Speaker 3: I mean they took him to the jail cell. I mean they've had him fingerprint.
Speaker 2: I mean after that, I'm talking yeah, I know that, I'm talking about like after you know, as we're talking about, you know, going into court and all that, like you know the weeks ahead after that.
Speaker 1: This segment sponsored by I Am Hope.
Speaker 2: It's a book written by Stephen Hope from Kentucky at Henderson County Native and it's a real resource to help break the cycle of addiction here in Kentucky. You know, it's hit the Bluegrass State harder than anywhere. And if you're someone who maybe is struggling with substance abuse or maybe have a close relationship with someone who is battling substance abuse, this is a great tool to help break the cycle and help you understand that you're not alone if you're in that situation. That's the goal of writing this book by Steven Hope. He wanted to help prepare others who were in a similar situation to let them know what to expect moving forward, how he felt in certain moments when enabled him to keep going.
Speaker 1: And you should check it out.
Speaker 2: It's available on Apple and on Amazon as well from a WKU graduate. Billy you as well, you're oh WKU grad I Am Hope. You can also get the audiobook as well with bonus material on Apple and on Amazon. All right, Billy, we're going to turn things over to KSR one more day. Without mad Jones. He's going to return on Monday from Amsterdam. Until then, well we get to get an update on how it went with Ryan talking to a bunch of engineers yesterday and slow down eating shan and people are killing you for three and a half minutes to eat that Spaghetti's slow down. It'll be okay, all right, I'll try to all right. Uh k sr is up next, rebellion reledge. I'm shanning the dude.
Speaker 1: It's been the k s r P