Speaker 1: Soup Soup Soup for You, Soup soup Soup Soup for You.
Speaker 2: And welcome to No Dunks, proudly a part of the Athletic Podcast Network. Today's Classic is brought to you by Neutral Vodka, Seltzer, Real Vodka, Real Juice, Real Bubbles. It's the one with the umlaut. I'm your host for today, Trey Kirby, pretty weird here in studio. From behind the decks to at the desk. They want to know what the key. Indeed, it's Ashua Kid doing. Look at this guy. He came in here with the catchphrase desk ready finally got the call. Great stuff, joining me from Toronto thanks to the power of technology. It's my main man, Jeram Chain.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hello, A fair catchphrase, A fair catch fair. Yeah yeah, I had way more time for this and I still didn't. That's all right.
Speaker 2: I think it's fair to try on a few here and there. And of course we got the man making the magic happen here at the Classic Factory.
Speaker 4: JD Hello, jerumy just stole mine and added three.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, it's a Hello is just such a classic. You know, it's it's it's time, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree. I would actually say that Hello is probably the most classic opening catchphrase for anyone. Yeah, Hi, a close number two. But as you can see, the guys being dudes lineup right here. It's the end of the season. Everybody's getting some touches little housekeeping before we get into the show. If you happen to be in Houston, you can come see No Dunks Live on Monday, six pm at the White Oak Music Hall. Doors open at five pm. You can get tickets via ticket Master, no fees, no charge, know nothing, thanks to Neutral. Come and hang out with your boys. Doors open at five pm. We're going live at six with Kelly Eco from the Athletic. We'll talk to him a little bit about the Rockets, We'll talk to him a lot about Houston. We will have a grand old time and then you can watch the National Championship game after. It should be a good time. Also on the No Dunks world of podcasting, we've got No Buffs a little bit later today, one pm Eastern. If you're listening, we'll be joined by our special guest, Jason Concepcione, a former No Buffs cast member back in the day. Pretty excited about that.
Speaker 4: One of Jason Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Excited for this. Yeah, I'm really excited to kind of a weird episode last night. So it'll be good to talk with Jason about nerd culture and of course just Survivor forty four season in general. I was thinking, Uh, though, we got me TK, we got JK, we got JD, we got JC uput, and we got another JC coming to us from LA. It's a big day for TK and the Jams.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you think Ashley had a little.
Speaker 5: Nervous nervous for being on right now? Yeah, man, this is what I do. You know, That's what I do.
Speaker 2: I was built for this. I love it. I love it. Busy night last night in the NBA. A lot of fun stuff to talk about. So we're gonna play a little bit of what you Got, what you Get? All right? This is usually where I freestyle over the hot beat, So take it away, what you got? I got nothing, Barge. Luckily, though, we did have something in the NBA last night. Kevin Durant returned and finally made his home debut in a nice win over the Timberwolves for the Phoenix Suns. The Sacramento Kings smoked the Rockets one twenty to eighty. They lit the beam and clinched a playoff spot for the first time since two thousand and six, and both Joel Embiid and James Harden returned to the lineup as the Sixer beat the Mavericks in Philadelphia. So, guys, what was last night's best win? The Suns, the Kings or the Sixers?
Speaker 3: What you got, Jerome, I mean, only one of these wins was seventeen years in the makings. So I think it's gotta be the Kings. I mean, huge for the Sons and the Sixers, if anything, for them to just round out their rosters and look at it looked like full just going into the playoffs. But no, it's it's all about the Kings. I feel like we're gonna be talking about that a lot during this We already had a short drop this morning, A shout out Skeets for having that on deck for us. But no, I mean we saw it. You know, iPhone didn't exist, Facebook was in its infancy. Daniel Powder, you know, had a bad day. What was like top of the charts, you know, So Brad Miller shoutow, Brad Miller, Miller, big shadow, Brad Miller. There's really no other option in my opinion, Like, everything looks good on the horizon for the other two, but it's all about the Kings. Baby, Yeah, what'd you think?
Speaker 2: Asha pretty cool seeing the Kings actually clinched their playoff berth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the last time they did it, I was in the sixth grade.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask what everybody was doing back in two thousand and six. I was drawing blood at a blood bank. Man. Sixth grade.
Speaker 5: Sixth grade, man, I was eleven years old last time they were in the playoffs. So yeah, to me, it's the Kings too. That's definitely the win, the big win. The Suns them getting to win. It didn't really move anything the Sixers. They kind of just moved up an extra game on the calves. But for the Kings to be back in the playoffs again for the first time in forever. Like I said, I was eleven, it's a big deal. It's a big deal.
Speaker 2: So like that, Beam, what were you into when you were eleven?
Speaker 5: When I was eleven, the same stuff I'm into now, basketball, Dragon Ball, and Star Wars. I haven't changed much at all.
Speaker 2: Neither of live to be quite honest, I don't draw blood anymore, but I do still like Needles. What about you, Jeroma? Were you doing back in six.
Speaker 3: I was in university hanging out super late at Tim Horden's with all of my classmates and friends. I do remember one time, like middle of the night, two in the morning, just a long day and bad day came on and we just sat there listening, you know, contemplating life, thinking it. You know, the Kings are so consistent. We'll just keep on doing this for the next seventeen years. But here we are. We actually made it around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a pretty special moment last night in Houston. Obviously the clinch didn't go well in Sacramento, but they looked at the schedules, how they had the rockets coming up and knew they were gonna get it done. There was a massive light the beam chant in Houston, which was pretty cool. Also, Keegan Murray hit three three pointers last night to pass Donovan Mitchell for the most three pointers ever in a rookie season. He's at one eighty eight now still has time to add to that, could possibly get to two hundred, I suppose. But man, what a story for the Kings to actually be able to clinch this playoff birth I remember back when Dearon Fox was entering the draft. I had to do this thing for NBA TV where I rode on the bus and just like walked down the aisle, sitting down and talking to all of the draft prospects. First of all, Darren Fox was just taking pictures of his watch the entire time, like he'd just gotten a sweet new Tisa watch or something because he was gonna get drafted. Just had like a thousand pictures. I thought that was cool. We also had him on Summer League a little bit later that year, and the guy just had so much charisma and you could tell he was going to be a leader for this Kings team. It didn't happen for them for the first few seasons of his career. There were definitely some dark moments where it kind of seemed like Fox had lost the light in his eyes compared to how he was when he came back into the league. But to see them succeed after the SA Bonus trade last year, very very cool for the Kings. Very cool to see Brad Miller getting a lot of love. There's a great piece on The Athletic Today from Anthony Slater. He can subscribe at the Athletic dot Com slash no dunks for only a dollar a month. You know, I'm loving the brad assance here in Zach er Medo because the guy was an all star way back when. So yeah, I got to talk to him now. But we'll see what the Kings do in the playoffs. Other big news in these games, of course, was Kevin Durant returning to the Suns for the first time in about three weeks after suffering that injury to his ankle during pregame warmups. One of the weirdest things We've talked so many times since the Kevin Durant trade, since his injury, how every time this guy comes back, it looks like he's never missed any time. No rust ever keeping Durant, and we completely jinxed him. He went five for eighteen from the field, finished with sixteen points.
Speaker 3: He was rusty, he was a little just what just wasn't until just over five minutes left in the second Yeah, that he actually hit his first bucket. But I just remember watching through just like, oh, it's all these like bunnies for Kevin Durant mid range, like this is just bound to happen. But then he got to the free throw line to miss one at a two, and that's when I'm just like, you know, we're in a situation now where it's just like, oh, Katie's really got to get back into it. I guess sometimes you actually do need to shake off the rest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and sometimes you need to turn on the Daniel powder because you just had a bad day from the field. Sometimes that happens. A lot of credit I do think goes to Jaden McDaniels, a good player to be guarding Kevin Durant because they are shaped very similar, very quick, very long. Obviously, but I did think Katie was still getting to his spots. He was just missing. They had that little Wired segment with him and Monny Williams where Moni comes over, He's like, greatness doesn't shake his head, they're just missing shots, man, And that's exactly what it was. Once he is back to getting his rhythm, he'll be doing all right. And the important thing I would say for the Suns is that they won with Kevin Durant not playing very well, because don't forget, they still got an incredible team around this guy. Chris Paul I thought in the fourth quarter was awesome. The way he was orchestrating a good shot every single time down for Phoenix. He finished with eight points in the quarter had two assists. Devin Booker only had five points, but it felt like he was scoring a lot more. They just played with more execution on the offensive end. Their defense was solid as well. And for Minnesota, they've had a couple of nice wins here. Apparently there's an intestinal flu kind of like ripping through their entire team, so I don't blame them for being a little fatigued down the stretch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the flu definitely got to him on that. But like you said, though, it's it's really good for the Suns to have like their team be good when Kevin Durant is coming back, because whenever Kevin Durant is Kevin Durant again, they're gonna be scary in the West, and I think nobody wants to see him. And his win is really good, so they could keep the four seed. Don't fall down or actually they're to the fifty right so right behind the Clippers, but they're right there under them and they'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The win actually, well, the Clippers ended up winning last night too. They had a nice win. But Phoenix is in the fourth seed right now, they're a half game up, and that's gonna be I mean, they're so close right now, Phoenix in LA the Clippers, they're gonna be probably switching back and forth, and like you're saying, Kevin Duran ain't gonna shoot five for eighteen. No, So that's a problem for the rest of the league. As for the Sixers, I thought that was a pretty solid win. Joel Embiid back in the lineup, James Harden back in the lineup. Embiid went for twenty five points, nine rebounds. Harden had fifteen and twelve assists, just making sure they got great shots. I didn't think Embiid was dominant offensively. He played a good game, had a couple of big baskets in the fourth quarter, but I thought he was truly showing his impact defensively. Had that monster block on Luka Doncic late, basically a defensive dagger. He was guarding Reggie Bullock for a big part of the fourth quarter and in the second half, just basically standing in the middle of the lane daring the Mavericks to take open threes and they could not hit him. Sixers did a good job of running them off the line and making the MAVs think about it. But the MAVs really went cold. Three of twelve from three in the fourth quarter for Dallas, which just ain't gonna cut it. But the play of the game to me was two minutes left in the game. James Harden almost fumbles the ball trying to grift a foul, so it looks like he has an open jumper, could have easily taken it, but he doesn't. He passes it to him Bead, and Bead has the ball in the at the elbow the high post he's thinking about attacking. The shot isn't necessarily there, so he moves it. It passes two more times, the ball ends up with Tobias Harris on the post. Luca too small on him, an easy floater for Tobias Harris to give him the bucket. And that to me was just like the Sixers giving up so many good shots, so many shots you would be okay with with stars taking, whether it be Harden or Embiid, but instead they just worked the ball, got the best shot. They were playing for each other out there. That was a grinded out kind of win for Philly. I was super impressed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, disappointing for the mass for sure. And you know, I was watching the game. I think in the final four minutes of the game there was a couple of bad whistles and not necessarily bad whistles, but whistles that didn't go their way. They had the offensive for k kleeber Bullock fouled and then Tim Hardway Junior had a loose ball foul on a box out and that just kind of like killed all of the momentum that they had because I think right before that thing is when Luca came down and hit the three, and it just it just killed it. The whole game was over and the maps are really sliding right now. They look awful, and they're sitting outside to play in tournament. I don't know, I don't know what's gonna happen with them, man, they just what can you say about the MAVs.
Speaker 2: Well, the weird thing to me, I mean, a tough loss for the MAVs. They played really well through three quarters and then fell apart in the fourth quarter. I think it's the thirteenth time this year they've blown a lead of tiny or more points. I actually thought they played pretty hard. Yeah, all things considered, I thought they did some nice stuff in the third quarter. They went zone completely took Philly out of the game. Embiid was out of rhythm. Luka Doncic was smiling quite a bit in this game, exactly after he had said that he hasn't been playing with the kind of joy that he has. But the fourth quarter was bad. Kyrie irving. His last basket was with eight minutes left in the fourth quarter. His last shot attempt was with six and a half minutes left. It was the only time he took a shot with Luca on the court in the fourth quarter. Philadelphia was doing a great job of forcing the ball out of Kyrie's hands, out of Luca's hands, trying to make any of those Mavericks role players beat him, which they could not. But also, it doesn't feel like Luca and Kyrie are interacting with each other enough on the court. You're never seeing Luca set a screen for Kyrie. You're rarely seeing Kyrie set a screen for Luca. There's a lot of possession where Kyrie's just kind of hanging out in the corner waiting for a kickout pass. I don't know. It does not look perfect right now. And then you see the postgame comments from Kyrie Irving. He says, it's kind of a cluster right now. Fighting for the play in is not what I expected. They're nine to fourteen since the trade for him, I was probably the biggest backer of this trade of all of us here on the show. There was certainly a risk, but I thought it was like a further down the road risk right the way I was anticipating Kyrie and Luca getting worse being worse. Obviously the defense is a problem, but uh yeah, bad stuff for Dallas right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the chemistry is not there. And like you described that final play or that key play with the Sixers that ended into the Pius Harris short like mini hook at the end there, like you were seeing the exact opposite like you guys are describing on the other end with the MAVs, where it just seemed like it just lived or died on whether Luca would hit the big shot, which he did one of the times. But then you know, you see the next time he gets that, like Joe el embiid gets that big block, and it's just you know, two teams with championship aspirations, one looks way better he quit for playing in the clutch than the other you.
Speaker 2: Guys killed it. I mean, that was an incredible first question, straight up sicko mode. Moving on, we saw a fall career highs last night. Drew Holliday became the fourteenth player this season to score fifty or more points, putting up a career high fifty one in a blowout win against the Pace, one notch down on the scoring explosion chart. Taylor Horton Tucker became the fifty fifth player to score forty or more this season. He put up a career high forty one in the Jazz win over the Spurs. Esh, what was more surprising Drew's fifty one or thht's forty one?
Speaker 5: What you got more surprising? I think it's tc ye Drew. He was giving everybody buckets last night, like all over the four post ups, mid range, whatever. But we see him do stuff like this on occasion, like this happens every once in a while. We know he's pretty we know he's pretty consistent. Tha is t though. I mean he only averages ten points a game for his career, really right.
Speaker 2: Under the top.
Speaker 5: Actually, yeah, So he goes out there drops forty one last night. He did it last year almost to the day, like a week week away from there, dropped forty against the Warriors. So he does it every once in a while, might drop a forty piece, you know, close to forty, But yeah, that's the most surprising for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the time to do it. End of the season, you are always going to see the usual player put up a huge stat line. Who can forget ben Uzo with a triple double the very last game for the Toronto Raptors. But yeah, THHD he had six threes last night, which I guess was the key to getting to forty points. Not necessarily a three point shooter, but when he's hitting and when he's finishing the way he was inside, I guess that's how you get up to forty one. And like you're saying, forty in a game last year for the Lakers around the same time. This is when you get weird numbers in the NBA right at the end of the season. But man, some of the finishes he had. He had like a righty on the left side where he kind of turned back his body, which I thought was nice to see that from THHT a lot, But even more impressive I thought was he was finishing with his left hand. Yeah, that's one of the main concerns I remember Lakers fans having with thhds. He never used his left hand. It was good to see last night, though, what'd you think Jerome Drew's fifty one thht forty one.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with Drew's fifty one because, like like Esh said, for sure, it's not something that is foreign to Drew to do. But it's just when you look at the game itself, you would think, if Drew Holliy is gonna have a fifty point game, that is probably gonna be really quiet for the rest of the team. But no, Janni Santa to Compo has a thirty eight point triple double, Brook Lopez still goes for twenty one points, and then you mention how teach he does it on six threes, Drew Hallidy does it on only three. Yeah, and so if anything like it felt like the quietest fifty one point game I've seen. If you watch the uh like the NBA highlight recap for the game last night, you're gonna see Jannis get a number of poster dunks in big plays. You're gonna see Grayson Allen with one of the Dunk of the Year candidates potentially, and then from an editor's perspective, knowing, I'd like, if I had to put this together, this package, it's just so funny. You need to mention that a player on your team got fifty one points, so you have to fit in, you know, a couple of hook shots, a couple of floaters, just very quiet things, and then at some point just point out, oh yeah, and Drew Holiday got fifty one points, a career high, and so on that end. No, it's not surprising for Drew to get it, but it feels like if you list, if you were told that Drew Holly was gonna get a fifty point everything else feels so surprising that happens around it. It's almost like a microcosm of the Bucks the season that they could quietly run up these numbers, be the have the best record in the league, and uh, we don't really talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're absolutely right. Jannis had thirty eight points, seventeen rebounds, and twelve assists and didn't have the best game on his team. That's that's crazy, man, watch you.
Speaker 3: Had fifty one and eight assists, it's not even like he was just gunning.
Speaker 5: He's had fifty one eight and eight, right, eight and eight, so he almost had a triple double. Two a fifty one point triple double, very close, just right there with Jannis having a triple double, and like you said, everything it was quiet. He was just giving them buckets. So it is. It is weird like it is. It is a weird thing. Droom, You're not You're not wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they have two players go for thirty eight and eight, which I think is probably the first time in NBA history that that's happening. But watching both Giannis Andrew Holliday, it looked like they were the two strongest men on earth, like youngest might actually be the strongest man on earth, at least maybe in the NBA. And obviously the Pacers didn't have anybody who could really check him. He didn't get a foul call at one point, so we just completely we're gonna go and we're gonna be dalking anime here.
Speaker 3: Super cyan mode Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, okay, good. I wasn't actually sure how to pronounce it. I've read it so many times, so I wasn't sure how to be saying sane, but he went super saying mode and he was just dunking all over everybody, including Jalen Smith, who took a tough one on the face. And then you mentioned that Grayson Allen dunk as well, where he just fell so hard. I wasn't sad, but nonetheless it was funny watching because Jiannis you expect him to be the strongest guy out there, but you mentioned it Jerome only three threes for Drew Holiday last night. He took one long two and everything else was in the lane. It almost kind of felt like the Bucks were going at Jordan Warra. I don't know why. Like former Buck Jordan Warra, they wanted to prove a point, and it was kind of like Michael Jordany to me, where it's like, there's not a lot of motivation to beat the Pacers this late in the season for the Bucks. But how about a guy we used to play with, Let's take on him to make some bits.
Speaker 3: Jordan war was their bj Armstrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're exactly right, great call, and uh, it looked like Michael Jordan versus bj Armstrong out there. The way that Drew was just like anytime he would touch a pacer with his shoulder or with his forearm. They would go flying. It was like the easiest way to create space. And then you're just saying dinking and dumping getting his way to fifty one points. That was an awesome performance for Milwaukee on the night. They scored one hundred and forty nine points. They gave up one hundred and thirty six. But kind of everybody just agreed, we're all playing defense this game. We played defense every other game.
Speaker 3: Say the Bucks the shot like fifty plus percent and the Bucks like countered with sixty four percent.
Speaker 5: It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. The Boks made ten threes last night, that's hardly anything. They turned the ball over eighteen times and they still scored one hundred and fifty because they got the two strongest men on earth moving on. My worst fears were realized last night as the Lakers used their loss on Sunday as inspiration for revenge against the Bulls. Last night, even worse, the Lakers got multiple taunts in on Patrick Beverley. Let's take a look.
Speaker 5: Price, and that is indeed the case for Reeves. Beverlys pumped fakes, he could not get Lebron in the year.
Speaker 2: Now, we'll take a long one bebound Vander. That's Lebron yelling hell no, hell no, hell no, that Patrick Beverley as he pumped fakes. A little bit later on the dagger from Austin, Reeves hits the floater and Reeves hits Patrick Beverly with the too small taunt after Beverly did it to Lebron and their last matchup in La so Jerome. What you got which is the or Patrick Beverly tout hell no.
Speaker 3: It seems like it seems like it should be obvious that it's the too small retort. But it just that that was gonna happen. You knew it had to happen, especially if they get the revenge win. It's the hell no. For me. If I was on the court and I had the ball in hand and someone just looked at me and said, shoot, it's fine, I don't need to do anything about this, it was destroying my confidence at that point. There's no like to just yell hell no, hell no on pump fakes. You know that that's actually that's the verbal too small. Wow, that's the verbal too small. Yeah, It's just it's just like there's no like you got no shot, there's nothing going on. It's just it's minimizing a person at that moment. Yeah, No, for me, it's the hell no. It's it's almost like again, Lebron plays chess while everyone plays checkers. He knows they probably expect him to hit him back with some sort of too small. But Lebron's way bigger than Patrick Beverly. There's no point to doing the too small, So he's just gonna could Pat Beverly and say, you never bothered me to begin.
Speaker 2: With, Yeah, Lebron did, I guess? I guess, Papa, I've already had his too small And he had a little bit of a comeback and Lebron, like Lebron went to throw a pass and definitely knocked it out and he hit him with the Mtumbo finger. It's hilarious. You knew the too small was coming though, Even Patrick Beverly said afterward, He's like, yeah, I knew somebody was going to too small. Yeah, I'm just glad it was Austin Breeves. It sounded like a dad who was proud of his kid or something. What's you think ash the hell no or the too small?
Speaker 5: To be honest with you. I was going to go with the too small, mostly because of the clip where he was doing the Shannon Sharp impersonation afterwards, but I think Jerome you kind of convinced me. Man, the hell no is that's the one for sure, because if I'm playing pickup, I know that there's guys at the gym that I do this to all the time, like literally, But I think Lebron should have waited till the shot in the corner on pat oh, yeah, because like to do it on a pump bake that's ultimate disrespect. Like he's like, you don't even jumping, Yeah, don't even try, Like I'm gonna block you. I'm not gonna do anything. But if he was in the corner and he hits them with the hell nah and just turns right, hell Na just turns, then you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, it's odd.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Steph Curry's like, turnaround.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: When he looks away, it's that it's to look away because I know it's not going in. Yes, I'm not even looking the basket. I'm gonna go for the rebound.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There were some more great moments in this game as well. Basically, like Lebron I think he was maybe being guarded by Io Desumu or something like that, and he just happened to be right over by the Bulls bench. He's basically like Pet pointing out Patrick Beverer. He's like, he's in it, You're not. You're sitting on the bench. He's playing me right now. So I thought that was hilarious. There was a basketball game here as well. The Lakers completely smoked the Bulls thirty eight and ten for Anthony Davis. Lebron went for a mere twenty five points, hitting that over just barely. But basically, the Lakers starters dominated every single moment that they were in the game. The bench would come in, the Bulls would come back, but then unfortunately the Lakers would put their starters back in. The Austin Reeves the too small. He just did it at the inopportunity time. We saw the peak of the too small. But it was cool that he hit him back. There's a hilarious clip of Lebron talking about it postgame in the locker room. We're in just a towel. He says, they asked him what it meant that Austin Reeves hit the too small on Patrick Beverly. He says that ar always got my back always, even though we loved Kobe back in the day more than me, I forgive him. They dug them an old Austin River or Austin Reeves tweet where he basically says Kobe is better than Lebron. Lebron obviously is familiar with that. But I think once you too small on behalf of your teammate. Yeah, it's all good.
Speaker 5: Ultimately, I got your back moment. What a great teammate Austin Reeves is to make sure that he gets revenge for Lebron too small because you know Lebron can't handle himself apparently.
Speaker 2: Exactly so you're telling me your hell knowing people at the pickup joke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a little disrespectful in that, for sure.
Speaker 2: You gotta be a too small guy too.
Speaker 5: No, I've never hit anybody with a too small though.
Speaker 2: No, never, what about this week? Maybe, Yeah, we're get in, Yeah, you gotta get it in before it's completely just shark. Yeah. In the other East Action, Nicks pulled away late to beat the heat despite losing Julius Randall to a sprained ankle in the second quarter, and the Nets beat the Rockets thanks to thirty one from Cam Johnson twenty seven from Mikale Bridges. So let's take a quick look here at the Eastern Conference standings. They are changing all the time, but a win for Philadelphia last night, a win for New York last night, a win for Brooklyn last night means things basically stay the same in the top six of the Eastern Conference. Three straight losses, though for Miami right now. If they're gonna make a run at actually making the playoffs rather than having to go through the play in you gotta figure out something pretty soon because they have been looking pretty poor. Nick's feeling kind of bad for these guys. Little snake bit, I think ever since they went on that wind streak. Jalen Brnson is in and out of the lineup. He finally came back last night, only to lose Randall to an ankle roll which poorly timed, but twenty four points from Emmanual quickly off the bench. Hope this guy wins sixth Man of the Year. He'll probably be my pick at the end of the season. Also saw that Tom Thibodeaux played five guys the entire fourth quarter last night. Classic stuff any thoughts.
Speaker 5: On these games. Just at the Knicks losing Julius Randall, that's a big deal. You don't want the Knicks to Nicks when they go into the playoffs. You want them to be as healthy as possible and one hundred percent as possible so they can get everything together. So that's tough. That's a big blow for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Randall's played every game this season. Obviously played last night but only got in a handful of minutes before he went out, So we will see the diagnosis today. Hopefully he's able to get back on the court as well. Out West, though, the Thunder beat the Pistons just barely on Jalen Williams game winning put back, a near buzzer beater. Think there was point five seconds left on the clock after you can set out a bus, what do'd you think.
Speaker 3: It? Honestly, we talked about the Kings earlier. If the Kings didn't have the season that they had, like the feel good story of the season would be the Thunder opinion. And you know, you would think a team that loses a top pick in Chet Holmgren wouldn't be making any noise. But then you got Jay dub here, who's like in the mix for Rookie of the Year. And beyond having like such a good season, having like really good moments like that, I think that's the kind of thing that you need, like a game winner like this. I don't know, things feel good in Thunderland. We did that short a few weeks back, where it's like it must be feel good to feel good to be a thunder fan. And you know, it's things like this that's happening this season that's like showing it time and time again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, Jalen Williams another great game we obviously had the game winner, finished with twenty seven points, eight rebounds, and six assists. He just scores from all over. Takes all kinds of different shots, a lot of dunks this season, a lot of three pointers. I've been trying to come up with like my comparison for who he reminds me of. Here's what I've come up with so far. Lou all Dang with Swag. Like, I think they're kind of similar players in that they can guard a lot of positions. They score from three, they score from the mid range, they score at the rim. But Jalen Williams, I think has a little bit more uh, just a little more verb than lu All Dang does. Luell Dang more of a.
Speaker 5: Workman like player. I agree with that, all right.
Speaker 2: Here's another one I'll throw at you. Best possible version of James Posey, Like James Posey more of a role guy, but you know, h versus defender three point shooter. But imagine if you had a handle and could go to the rim like Jalen Williams. Yeah, not selling you as much on that one up.
Speaker 5: No, Actually I might like that one better. I don't know why, but I think I like that one better.
Speaker 2: All right, final possible comparison here Andrew Wiggins if his best skill was savvy instead of athleticism. No to know. I feel like Andrew Wiggins is a very good big wing who kind of does it all. He's he's a good three point shooter, He's obviously a great dunker. He's kind of cut out the mid range of his game, but he still got it there. He can score in the post. I feel very similar about Jalen Williams. Also, they're both very versatile defenders. They hit the glass. But Wiggins is a much better athlete than jadab Is whereas I think Jadab just knows how to play the game like a ten year veteran, despite the fact that he's only a rookie this season. So if savvy is your calling card like it is for Jalen Williams, I kind of think and athleticism is for Wiggins. What if you just flipped them really makes you think, really makes you okay? In the comments, obviously Smack was the best one, but it also the Clippers beat the Grizzlies, no Kawhi, no Paul George. They snapped Memphis seven game win streak. So let's take quick look at the Western Conference standings. That was a bad loss for the Mavericks last night, cause, coupled with the Oka See win, a full one game lead for the Thunder, the tenth seed in the Western Conference. Westbrook was awesome last night. Thirty six points, ten assists. There's an incredible picture of this guy flexing on the court. I think he got an and one maybe on jaw and the picture is taken from above. He's flexing in the middle of the lane and somehow he's looking right at the camera even though it's in the ceiling. I don't know how he did it, but Westbrook five from three to last night. You're not counting on that every night. But the way he's pushing the pace, the way he is in the lane all the time, has really really worked out for the Clippers. I didn't expect that to be the case. So I'll take an L on that one because Westbrook definitely won them this game, and with Paul George down with injury, with Kawhi doing his load management, this is a nice win for the Clippers because we mentioned earlier they are still in a race for potentially getting home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs. We shall see, Jero. I was wanting to get your take. I don't know if you saw Dylan Brooks's pregame outfit last night. Black bucket hat, white dresser, blackmailman, shorts at one's point, shoes.
Speaker 3: Right at this point, with all the different Dylan Brooks looks, it's almost just like a silhouette that, like, I'm not able to decipher anymore. He is just trying a new thing each time. I don't know any of them particularly hit, but I guess I should rep as the Canadian on the podcast looks great, honestly, killing the game, like, do your thig, Dylan, Yeah, I think the other thing. I also want to mention just it's so funny. We talked about the Drew Holiday game earlier. It's like jew Holiday fifty one points on three three pointers, Russell Westbrook thirty one points on five three pointers. Like they took each other's stat line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they kind of did. And hey, Dylan Brooks thirty points last night, twelve to twenty four shooting, you'll take that. I also saw that my main man, Chuck Anderson at no pattern on Twitter. He said that Dylan Brooks his fit looked like Beavis and butt Head from the waist, which I thought was awesome. JD. Let's see this playoff picture real quick. Things are changing every night, so we're looking at the matchups here. Play in tournament is staying the same. In the Eastern Conference right now, would be the Heat versus the Hawks, and the seven eight matchup Raptors Bulls. In nine ten. Out West, it would be the timber Wolves after their loss last night, would be playing against the Lakers, who moved up a slot. That's the seven eight matchup. Nine ten would be Pelicans versus Thunder, and then we've got some four or fives, some three sixes. Ash, you're looking at the playoff picture. If the playoffs started today, which they do not, we still got a week left of the regular season. What kind of first round matchups are you interested in here?
Speaker 5: If the playoffs started today, I think the Warriors Kings series would be pretty Oh yeah, I think it'd be a test, obviously to see where the Warriors are, see if they are back to being the Warriors or not, or if they're just going to be this mediocre Warrior team that we've seen, and especially starting on the road, see if they could even take one on the road. They always do, right, since they've always taken.
Speaker 2: One, Yeah, they always have at least.
Speaker 5: So that matchup would be pretty good just to see.
Speaker 2: I think what you think, Jerome, what you're looking at here, it is Warriors Kings.
Speaker 3: Also for me, I kind of wish that the rankings reverse that, like the Warriors were in the three spot, because it would almost feel like the Sacramento Kings were the twenty twenty three we believe Warriors going against the twenty twenty three Golden State Warriors. Just there's just like an element there that like it's such a great story, and yeah, like it's such an interesting like this juncture if the playoffs are today or even in a couple of weeks, like where both of these teams are at, Like where the Golden State Warriors are. They're defending champions, but like do they have enough in the tank? Will they be healthy enough to carry through? It seems like they should be able to handle the Kings, but you never know at this point. And so yeah, that's really the one, Like you want to follow the Kings as far as they go, and the fact that they're going against the defending champs is going to be such an interesting test in the first round.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a spicy time. Can't wait to see. But I mean we got five or six games left for every team. That's can all completely change. Yes, we shall see. We talked games, we'll talk news after the break. Stick around back with no dunks during the break as she came clean. Yeah you told me, Yes, indeed I have too small to someone once upon a time, but in a different way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in a whole different way, because I always hit people with the oh you're too small, Tom and Jerry, Tom and Jerry, or even if you're too big, Tom and Jerry, that's the mismatch, and that's what we're working with.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to work that into my lexicon as well, cause Stacy King on the Balls broadcast, he's always calling out mouse in the house. Yeah, that's a classic Tom and Jerry takes it to the next level. Yeah, what about you, Jerome? You e were too small somebody.
Speaker 3: It's very rare that I am bigger than someone on the basketball.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I do remember one time I had to guard someone just far bigger than me and and they were posting me up NonStop, and I really had no shot at doing anything. So the only thing I could do was really play the mind game, and I just every time you started backing in, I just started singing Love in this club. By sure, I'm very uncomfortable with that. It really threw him off his game and uh, you know, not not getting no bunnies for them at that point.
Speaker 5: Mind games, Jerome, I love it.
Speaker 4: Mind games.
Speaker 2: I would start thinking about not basketball. If someone's singing I want to make love in the club and the post up, well, that's in the updown report. A lot of news, some topics that you guys and we will say if they're good or bad upper down. According to ESPN's Adrian Wojanowski, Dwayne Wade, Dirk Novitsky, Pau Gasol, Tony Parker, Becky Hammond, and Greg Popovich have all been elected into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Class of twenty twenty three, with a formal announcement expected to come with the Final Four in Houston this weekend. Pretty good class, but is it the best ever? Up or down? Twenty twenty three Hall of Fame class is the best ever? What you think?
Speaker 5: Esh, I'll god out, m down, I'll go down.
Speaker 2: Okay? Why is that?
Speaker 5: Okay? I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a good reason. I mean, these are great players, Yes, these are all great players. Dwayne Wade three titles, Dirk one title, Pow two titles, Tony Parker four, Pop five, Becky Hammond defending w NBA Champion coach. But we're not talking about any of the top five player of all times. That's really why I like holding you back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's really why, because I came here wanting to say uh, but then I got to thinking, I'm like, I mean, I just feel like when Jordan went in, That's that's kind of is Michael Jordan, you know, is like.
Speaker 3: The Jordan year. I do have it. So two thousand and nine we have Jordan, David Robinson, Jerry Sloan and John Stockton as like four of the big names in there.
Speaker 5: And you see what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, that is a good one. I also have the twenty twenty Kobe Tamika Catchings, Tim Duncan, KG and Rugi Tom Johanovic class, which I feel that's stacked.
Speaker 5: That's the best one right there.
Speaker 3: I think that's the best one in my opinion.
Speaker 5: See that's the reason I went down Jerome, have my back. Thanks man, I got you.
Speaker 2: Because you like the twenty twenty class doesn't mean you can't like the twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: I like three classes as well. To me, a lot of my personal favorites and this one, like I've got Dirk, Wade and Pole probably all in like my top ten favorite players to ever watch in the NBA. So I love this class. But if you're talk talking about like career achievements rankings on the all time list, it probably is more so similar to twenty eighteen, which was Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Ray Allen and Grant Hill. A lot of incredible players some MVPs, but you know, like we're saying, not a Michael Jordan or a Shack making the list that kind of thing. But should be a really fun class, uh, really looking forward to the speeches. Wade should be interesting. I'm sure pau Gasol will be a tear jerker, and Dirk probably will be one of the funnier speeches we've seen in a long time. Yash, who do you think they let give the final speech of the night. It's gonna be between Wade, Dirk and Powell. You would think who's like the biggest name of those?
Speaker 5: Hmmm, probably Dwayne Wade. Yeah, probably so I probably probably be Dwayne Wade getting the last one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dwayne Wade is probably the biggest name. How we'll always have the Kobe Association, so there's a chance that we cloth zone on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let us know down below in the comments. Tweet at us what's the best Hall of Fame class of all time? And who do you think is going to actually give the keynote address of the evening? Because that's always interesting to see. Moving on, Variety reported this week that Charles Barkley and the world's most famous Gail Gail King or finalizing a deal that could see the pair co hosting a weekly primetime show on CNN. Nothing's finalized yet, but it seems like something could get done in time for the False Slate Jerome, are you up or down on Charles Barkley hosting a primetime CNN show?
Speaker 3: I'm love for Charles Barkley hosting anything, but then CNN show. I'm just I'm here, like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't secret option with U.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just you gotta imagine, like Charles Barkley and media, it just feels like a ringer in any situation. But I need more information at what's going on here. I don't know. I really just don't know what it's gonna happen. But I believe in Chuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I saw some reporting that it might be like a Larry King Live sort of deal where it's like Chuck, Chuck and Gail old friends for Winfrey Show back in the day. Literally they met on the show like in two thousand and five or something like that, and they've become friends ever since. And Charles says, I'm only even considering this because of my respect for Gail King. But they might do like celebrity interviews or something like that. I saw they ask Barkley if he would ever do like a daily news show. He said, that is never gonna happen. You will never get me working every single day, which one hundred percent respect. What about you, Ashley? Up or down on this Chuck Show? Tune in?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, just because it's Chuck, Just because it's Chuck worth checking out, you know. He just says whatever he wants to do all the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, and.
Speaker 5: Everybody either loves their hate day and he's like, I don't care and he keeps going and just I think you guys talked about it yesterday, right, So absolutely, Yeah, I'm always up on Chuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if he shoots from the hip quite as often as he does with regards you know, to pop culture politics as much as he does about basketball. We shall see you, JD. Are you interested at all in Charles Barkley's non basketball takes?
Speaker 4: Very very interested? I like you guys, I'm a huge fan of Chuck. He was my favorite, he still is my favorite inside guy. He was probably the nicest to us outside of Ernie Sure, and he's just he's just great. I'm curious to see the chemistry between him and Gail King, like, uh, just trying her trying to rein him in and corral him. It's going to be just great television, I think so. I'm one hundred percent up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I message Kevin Durant, he said he was down on this.
Speaker 3: Kevin Durant, Scott a goal on this show. That's the key. Like for this to be like a real up, Katie needs to get on and then Jordan needs to get on for two sit downs. That's that's the premiere.
Speaker 2: This part cop bad cop thing. Gail is super kind to everybody, you know, Barnes riling them up. I can see it happening. On a recent episode of All the Smoke, Isaiah Thomas called out his longtime nemesis Michael Jordan, as he said to Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson. Quote, you got on national television and you called me an asshole, and then you said you hated me. That's what Isaiah Thomas said of Michael Jordan. You said that on national television, Zeke continued. Now if you didn't mean it, get on national television and apologize for it. Now, if you meant it, let it ride as it is. Jerome up or down on Michael Jordan ever apologizing to Isaiah Thomas.
Speaker 3: Wait up on never apologizing?
Speaker 2: Do you think he will apologize?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do believe you.
Speaker 3: Will Let this one ride it As we talked about best Hall of Fame class ever, best Hall of Fame speech ever, Michael Jordan, what about that speech? Told you he was ever going to apologize for anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly right. I mean maybe you get it. Maybe you get them both on the gale.
Speaker 5: So there you go.
Speaker 2: It's a soft landing spot, right. Yeah, what do you think as you think Michael Jordan will ever apologize?
Speaker 5: That will never happen. That will never happen, and he shouldn't either, by the way.
Speaker 2: No, yeah you don't think enough time is past?
Speaker 5: No, I mean I mean yes, but like Jordan is Jordan, and if you don't like him, that's fine. Like they are grown old man grown, like there's no reason he's Isaiah's. Isaiah Thomas is still talking about I need an apology, quit being in an asshole to me and like for what like you know, like they if they don't like each other, you don't have to like each other. Just because you both played in the NBA does not mean that you have to be cool with each other. So shut up.
Speaker 2: People have enemies out there, that's not true. You ever held a grudge like this?
Speaker 5: No, I'm a forgiver, man. I forgive everybody like you could do the worst thing to me and I'm like, come on, man, let's go grab lunch. That's that's me.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's maturity right there. And that's why we're talking about basketball instead of playing it professionally. Well about you, Jeremi. All of the grudge like.
Speaker 3: This, No, not at all, not even closed. If someone too small on me, I'd be like, you know what, you are taller?
Speaker 2: It's me personally. Yeah. I hold grudges like this all the time. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I just can't reveal who they are because someday they may hire us BacT. Anyways, let's talk food because there's a new restaurant opening in Toronto. NBA court Side literally a basketball themed restaurant run by the NBA. There's basketball art and memorabilia all over the place, a merch store, tables made from courts, basically all the stuff that makes NBA court Side quote kind of like a hard Rock Cafe for the NBA as Blog to put it in their preview of the restaurant. Jerrell, you up or down on the NBA court side restaurant?
Speaker 3: I have to be up. I live in a country that is predominantly based in hockey. I have struggles throughout my entire life going to bars and asking them to put on the Raptor game, let alone an NBA games. So if you're going to give me any dedicated space for the sport that I love, I'm going to have to be up on that.
Speaker 5: What do you think, Ash, Yeah, I think it's really cool. I'm up on it. It looked awesome, it looks pretty cool. Yeah, I would love to go. I love stuff like that. Obviously, in Orlando, they used to have something called NBA City Restaurant, and it was not as cool as this one on Toronto, but it was pretty cool. They always had They had like a core outside you could shoot on, had all the merchandise, and it was a restaurant to you go in there and watch games. See. NBA TV was always on, so it was cool. Yeah, I would love it. I'm up on it.
Speaker 2: NBA TV they used to have a great show. I remember a really good show from twenty thirteen to twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: I used to watch it every day.
Speaker 2: That was a great show. I love that show. Show a lot better to be quitted on us. So I don't know if they are going to be live streaming from YouTube, but I know they got YouTube up there. Feel free to throw it on. Jerome. I think you said that you had a friend who actually got to check out.
Speaker 3: I knew some people who got to get the early look at it, and so up on the environment, in the atmosphere, middle to down maybe on the food, but I guess like maybe that's not what you're really going to a sports themed bar for, so you're not worried too much. But no, they said the experience is really cool. The retail areas up in the front, and then as you move back, it's kind of going through like the player journey, So they have like college artifacts in one section, moving to the league itself. Some of the tables are made out of like actual courts from like previous like historical games, and then I think they have a lounge area, like a ninety plus lounge area afterwards, so it is like a real like journey through the NBA. And yeah, I think, like just all the easter eggs that you're gonna have when you're like going to it, like they're opening, I think about the playoffs, So it couldn't be better timing, and so yeah, I'll probably have to check it out at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we absolutely need a Jerome report. I think said on the website that reservations and walk ins are available as of April third, which is Monday. And you mentioned, yeah, there's like cool little NBA Easter eggs all over the place. Coolest one I saw looking at the previews and stuff was this piece of art that's modeled on the Kawhi Leonard four bounced game winner. It's got the ball kind of tracing the path way up into the air, rattling around the rim and dropping through. I think that looks really cool. And yeah, I was actually kind of surprised by the menu. Jerome. I guess Top Chief Canada slash Chopped Canada winner Erica Carbelnick did the menu. There's some interesting looking stuff on there, but not a lot of NBA puns, you know what. I'm what I'm looking at an NBA run restaurant. I'm expecting there to be I don't.
Speaker 3: Know Stepan Marbury.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, like something like Ye there was like a Mavericks Margarita or something like that. It was like the Magations or something like that. But uh, yeah, I'm struggling right now.
Speaker 3: For it's a compo boy exactly.
Speaker 2: They don't have that, yes, yeah, but maybe they will. We shall see. I'm looking forward to your report, Jerome. Question I had for you, j D. If this is the hard rock cafe for the NBA, I know you're a big time hard rock cafe.
Speaker 4: Definitely not a fan.
Speaker 2: Speaking of grudges, Yeah, you absolutely first one in Toronto, I get it. That's where they played the first NBA game back in the day. I saw there was a lot of memorabilia for that. Where will the next one be?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good question. The next so the let's assume that it's successful, which it will be because Toronto is a big basketball town. Now, uh, New York City has to be. Yeah, right next to the Garden, that's where the next one to go.
Speaker 2: It's a great call. They also had that property like for their NBA store on Fifth Avenue or whatever like that, So yeah.
Speaker 4: That is fair. Is that closed down? Then the NBA star on fifth.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm unsure on that. It definitely could be. Nonetheless, we'll definitely go to one of these at some point and probably make a short out of it. I want to ask you one more thing about Toronto, Jerome. I know you went to Will Lou and Alex Wong's live show with Bobby Webster yesterday. How was it?
Speaker 3: It was really good? Yeah, shout out to the guys the Raptors Show, friends of the show. They put on an awesome live show, had Raptors GM Bobby Webster on with them and surprisingly candid for a GM like we weren't given anything that was like leak worthy or anything that way, but they talked a lot about like draft process, a little bit about the Kauhi trade, a little bit about all their thought process of Vision six to nine, things like that. My favorite takeaway was during the Raptor's bubble, Bobby Webster became the Fecto Espresso person. He brought his own machine. He made coffee for everyone, and so the guys asked him, who are like the coffee freaks of the Raptors And he had Marcus sol up there a big like double espresso bitter black coffee guy. Uh, But the one that I really loved and took away was Tyler hansbro Psycho t two espresso shots pre game. Every game explains a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that explains why I never blinked. Yeah, he never closed his eyes for forty eight minutes.
Speaker 3: Incapable of closing eyes?
Speaker 2: Yes, so what I mean? I don't know. I guess once he got into the NBA he was kind of a grown man. Yeah, he was dominant college player. He must have been doing like four or five shots before of those ones going completely wild. Great report. Love those guys. Got one last little piece of news to talk about here. Stephen no Over at the Sporting News put out a great piece this week titled the NBA is all in on Anime. Why Basketball's biggest stars are obsessed with dragon ball, Z, Narudo and more. Jerome, I know you know Anime. I know you know Anime A little bit. I know basically nothing. I just learned how to pronounce sand Wait. I'm watching out.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 2: I gotta learn. I gotta learn so I can understand these references and know how to pronounce these names when I see them on tweets, because I see them on tweets all the time. So, Jerome, I need you to hit me with your top five animes for NBA siccos top five, top five, top five, top five, top five, top five top All right, let's.
Speaker 3: Talk anime, buddy, let's talk anime now. I got to say, when it comes to top five anime, it might be even more hotly debated than top five all time NBA because there are so many options you can go with. There's so many directions you can go into. I actually wanted to start off very quickly. I mean, it seems like Ben Simmons knew that we were like got a hand of in our doc because last night I'm not sure if JD has the full screen night, but he wore a Gundam shirt court side during the Brooklyn Nets game. So shout out to him for promoting us. But yeah, when it comes to watch, thanks for watching. When it comes to this list, I had to go in a couple of different directions, a couple of different considerations. Shout out Stephen Steve no for his article and sharing all the different interests for the NBA players and what they like in anime. I had to go, obviously with some personal fames. I'm gonna start off with my honorable mention. It's actually my favorite anime. It's Samurai Champloo. It is just like one of the most beautiful animes you can come across. It's very like, the art is beautiful, the music by New Jobs is incredible, the hip off on it just I feel if more NBA players got into the show, they would really love it. So I'm gonna go there, all right, sleeper people, I love that sleeper pick number five. We're going to start here. This is arguably the anime of no dunks. It's called Attack on Titan.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We have a clip. We have a clip that we're gonna pull up right now, resurface.
Speaker 2: We absolutely have a clip.
Speaker 5: Shot stap.
Speaker 2: The Titan.
Speaker 3: That is Trey as a colossal Titan. Although he had re knew he was a class star. He thought he was the big the big meat man. The whole time. You thought you were meat man, but you were actually colossal Titan. I pulled up from Wikipedia because I just realized when I started thinking about animes, it's actually really hard to come up with a synopsis, like a one line or for them. But this is what Attack of Titan is. It is set in a world where humanity is forced to live in cities surrounded by three enormous walls that protect them from gigantic men eating humanoids referred to as Titans or Trey Kirby's. The story follows Aaron Yeager, who has to exterminate all the Titans after they bring about destruction of his hometown. So this is like one of the I would don't know if we'll call it more recent picks, but it is an incredible show. The drama, action, art, everything about it is so so good. Uniclode just dropped off, dropped a big attack on Titan, then collaboration set movies coming out soon. No, no, that's an exclusive one on one unfortunately. But but yeah, no, no, it is a really good show.
Speaker 2: Is it scary?
Speaker 3: I feel like I heard people saying it was a little scary, It could get graphic, it's a little it gets on the like scary side. I guess you can call it that, but yeah, like gory your daughters. It's not for children, Yeah yeah, this is pure grown man knowledge here. Yeah yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: But I want to watch an anime on a trip of this list.
Speaker 4: It's weirdly, this is the most normal one.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Is that fair to say like it's it's pretty I mean, it's it's crazy grounded.
Speaker 3: I see what you mean. I get what you mean by it.
Speaker 4: It's it's there's the least amount of what is going on here, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Actually actually is going to be our most grounded of him. Number four. It's kind of like you can't talk about a basketball anime without mentioning slam dunk. So there's slam Dunk there. I'm to give myself that I have not actually seen slam dunk, but I have obviously been very aware of its lore. We'll hold on this shot right here, just because one thing I love about this if you look at all the art, like look at their shoes that they have, they actually give them all like real Nike shoes. Jordan's all that. It is really like such a great capture of its time. Rated one of their best animes in history. You really can't do a NBA Siko list without mentioning the basketball anime that's slam Dunk right there.
Speaker 2: It's all about a basketball team.
Speaker 3: It's all about a basketball team. The one liner that I haven't had it tells the story of a basketball team from Shohuku High School in the show in an area of Japan. That is the one liner for slam Dunk.
Speaker 5: I think I've seen like a clip of this before and it was crazy. Yeah, you know when you anime eyes, I'm just going to make up a verb there an animi basketball. This is exactly what you would think it would look like, honestly, like it's just so. But it was interesting. I saw, like, I don't know, a couple of minutes of it.
Speaker 2: Uh, kind of surprising. It doesn't come up at all in Steven's peace over what the Sporting News Really.
Speaker 3: It's an older one, so I think like in some ways, uh, it kind of falls a little bit under the radar. Also, like when you think about anime, you're thinking about like maybe more fantastical situations like you know we have with Attack on Titan you name on here, So slam dunk is almost it is a slam dunk. It is so obvious to be a basketball anime put it on, so it has to be on there. Number three. I love this one so much. It is One punch Man, One punch Man. What Jad mentioned ridiculous premises. One punch Man tells the story of Saitama, a superhero who can because he can defeat any opponent with a single punch, grows bored from a lack of a challenge. So honestly, if I was recommending something that is light, short to watch, easy to consume, and very silly, I think One punch Man is gonna be up there as one of my options. It is like, it's the kind of thing that also kind of works as like anyone who's into Marvel superhero movies, like DC anything like that, because it does tackle the notion of it's essentially Saitama is like Superman, who Superman was super bored because nobody can defeat Superman except Saitama is like so powerful and you'll see not spoiling too much. He literally does throw one punch at any given villain or adversary and takes them out completely. And so for someone that powerful, how do you deal with it? It is also its own kind of like self referential on the like tropes of anime where you know characters are constantly powering up. He is well the most powerful and unstoppable. So One punch Man fantastic is a funny one, Like it's funny we're talking. It's funny.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Esh, have you seen One punch Man? You might have. You must have heard of it, though I've heard of it.
Speaker 5: I've seen like an episode maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: All all of my family and friends they love One punch Man. They love all these animes that you said so far as well. Yeah, all of them actually so, but I have not dove in yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big hit in our house. One punch Man, for sure.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, number two, number two. It may be considered the goat of animes. It is dragon Ball.
Speaker 5: Is the guy.
Speaker 3: It is this one. It's it's such a long running series that like it is actually very difficult to like give you the one liner, but shout out again Wikipedia. The series follows the adventures of protagonist's son Goku, from his childhood through adulthood as he trains in martial arts. He spends his childhood far from civilization until he meets a teen girl named Bolma, who encourages him to join her quest in exploring the world in search of seven orbs known as the Dragon Balls, which summon a wish granting dragon when gathered. Along his journey, Goku makes several other friends, becomes a family man that's questionable. Piccolo's real father discovers his alien heritage and battles a wide variety of villains, many of whom also seek the dragon Balls. Now, this is arguably like the Jordan of animes. When it comes to anyone mentioning anime, I think you can't mention anime without mentioning this one. Early days of the internet big like anime music videos, I personally loved the jidas at am to the tune of Blank Two's Animal song. It's an incredible banger. May have inspired me to become the editor and producer that I today, But it is Yeah, no, like Ash, I'm gonna let I'm gonna toss the rock to you taught to me a little bit about dragon Ball.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, I think you said like it's it's the Jordan of uh Okay. I would even compare it to like what Magic and Bird did for the NBA. So what dragon Ball did for anime the game? Yeah, because like I think they tried to port dragon Ball over one time and it didn't work. And then too Nummi, which is like something that happened on Cartoon Network back in the day, brought it back again found the right voice actors, and then it took off and then like anime is now what it is over here?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: So, Uhmison, I guess real quick, Jerome. My question is, if Trey's never watched any like dragon Ball or anything, would you start him on the og dragon Ball? Would you start him at Z?
Speaker 3: I think you started at Z.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, that's the thing that's difficult about getting into dragon Ball is there's so much dragon Ball.
Speaker 2: Like starting to watch the soap opera.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, watch fifty seasons.
Speaker 2: It's like Survivor. I guess.
Speaker 4: Because it's the Coronation Street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's obviously dragon Ball is huge because it even filtered down to me all through college. One of my good friends was Pat Murphy. At one point in time, he had bleach blonde hair that he like slicked back, gigantic hair, So all through college we call them dragon Ball Murph. Really yeah, that was the closest that anime crossover. He went super Saiyan he s yeah, yeah, he told it. He called it getting totally ridiculous or totally sideways. But I think the same general vibe for dragon Ball MURF and dragon Ball Z.
Speaker 3: And Number one It is one of my personal favorites. It is one that seems to be such a hit for a lot of NBA players. So you'll see a bit of a clause here, but we're gonna go with Nearrudo Nerudo also in this jump series right there, let me pull up my I love these one miners so much. These are great. It tells a story of Naruto Uzumaki, a young ninja who seeks recognition from his peers and dreams of becoming hokkage, the leader of his village. And we're gonna hold on this. Here you see two players who absolutely love it, Zion Williamson on the left. He has a couple of collaborations with Nike Rudo and Jordan Naruto that honestly, if anyone from Nike is listening to this, I'm a size ten point five men anywhere between a large extra large like just I will take any amount of Naruto Zion where and then on the right that is Jaren Jackson Junior, a man and in this case a hokage as he described to the room there a hokagi being the chief of his village. After coming off a huge game, he said, I'm feeling like a Hokage. He's going to on the top of the world world. If you see him over there. If you look at that Naruto photo in the middle, you can see the Hokage on the right there, and you can see where the likeness is. He's not doing some sort of play on Tyler the Creator with an oversized hat. He is being a Hookagi. Naruto is one of like, if not Dragon Ball, I think that's also up there is one of like the real greats out there, incredible stories stuff that I think, Yeah, a lot of NBA players kind of take from. I was thinking about it this morning. Game six Lebron who lost his head man, that's rock Lee who drops his training weights and becomes like superpowered against Gara. I see Esh there smirking at that, and then Esh I'd be like, talked to me about Naruto.
Speaker 5: Okay. So I tried to watch Naruto back in the day when it was to know me so I was a child, and I was like, Wow, this is pretty good. I got to like the first season, but then I I just had to go back to dragon Ball. Dragon Ball I'll probably finish at some point. My sister is always getting on me because.
Speaker 3: I have you ever got into the tune in exams, Like once you get there, everything takes off.
Speaker 5: I don't even remember. Like my cousin is the biggest Ruto fan I think, ever, he's always he's he's the guy that always corrects me when I say Rudo and he's like, no, it's not. I'm like, dude, I'm I'm from Georgia. I'm gonna pronounce it how I want to pronounce it. But I don't know. I feel like, you know, obviously they took a lot of inspiration from dragon Ball, but uh.
Speaker 3: And are they the Magic and Bird? Maybe? Are they? Are they Jordan and Isaiah? Like the Blood rivalry? He knows, No, it's it is. It is one of the greats. That is our number one. There are again, like I said so many, Like I did not mention one.
Speaker 2: Piece the stream team saying one piece, it's got like a million episodes though death.
Speaker 3: Note a huge one two Unyasha, like there's so many animes Gundam we mentioned at the top there, Uh Hunter hunter ex Hunter like just Demon Slayer is that the one? Yeah, there's like so many. I think part of like the list here was like inspired by Steph knows article just because there had been so many references we mentioned dragon Ball before Rudy Gobert once. Uh, I'm not here for fat shaming, but I suppose if you compare them to the character imagine Boo, I suppose that's kind of a funny take on it. But no, there are a lot of different options here. Esh, I know you took exception to this list. I want to know, is it is it the listing? Are we missing something here? What's going on your Your.
Speaker 5: List is ninety It's just the dragon Balls should be number one. It was my only quome. That's it. I've swept up.
Speaker 3: I'll give you that. I think. I think the fat are in in terms of NBA Secoast is just that Narudo seems to be having more of an in with NBA players, and it might just be that it's slightly newer, it was still running a little more recently. That allowed a lot of the current crop of the generation of NBA players to get into it. But beyond that, No, it's it's hard to deny dragon Ball is like one of the best, if not the best, and still I mean like dragon Ball super Heroes that just came out recently. Incredible movie. Yeah, like, so, uh no, there's a lot of things to go into here, Trey, I don't even know where to get you started. I think I think Attack on Titan or One punch Man might be good in the sense that they're more digestible. Just because a lot.
Speaker 2: Of hearing the list, those were top of mind for me to sure find one episode each for the flights like to you know, to Houston and that kind of stuff, like I have a chance to watch it, then I want to. I wouldn't mind checking one of these out, maybe an episode of each one of them. I got to know about Attack of Titan after you put me into it. I gotta know what's going on there. That's the one I like, A light fun one. Yeah, I don't know if it's true, but yeah, I mean it's about a guy punching people. So yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Well that's the.
Speaker 2: Great top five Jerome stream team's going crazy for it. H He's gonna fight you next week, I do believe. But I think we can somehow, right like you guys are gonna go Super Saiyan, yeah versus right there.
Speaker 3: I'll come in next week. I'll be in the studio black Hair on Wednesday, Thursday, All Bleach it O. Bleach also is an anime is actually one of my favorites. Uh that I did not put on there. But Bleach is incredible. They have a current arc that's completing that the thousand year Blood Feud. I think it is, Oh my god, so good. But yeah, we can go on and on about anime on basketball podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes we can, but appreciate the top five lest We're gonna take one last break here and when we get back. We got pick and payoff, we got rapid fire back with no dumps, super sized show today. I thought it was gonna be We're going two hours straight. Hopefully not because we do have another podcast come a little bit later. Today. Let's talk about the pick them payoff. People were hating on us for the pick them payoffs and ever since somebody eight arbis they stopped doing it. No, we just don't have any good ideas right now, but someday we will. This one is brought to you by bet MGM. The results from last night, Skeets and Tass had the Lakers to cover a one and a half point spread, and they certainly covered. That gave me a loss, so that moves Skeets's record to eleven and ten. I'm sure he's very excited to be over five hundred right now. Tasks is at seven and fourteen, and I am still atop the leaderboard at twelve and nine. Here are tonight's picks. Only two games on the schedule. This is the spiciest one. The Boston Celtics traveled to Milwaukee to play against the Bucks, who just had a huge win last night. Skeets and I think the Bucks will cover a two and a half point spread. Task gets the Celtics because I think he was probably still asleep when we made these pairs. And we can't have three of the same deer head on the graphic. That would be ridiculous. What do you think, Ash, Who's going to win this game?
Speaker 5: I gotta go with Boston because you know I'm a Celtics fan.
Speaker 2: I do know you're a fake Celtics fan. How are you a fake Celtics fan anyways?
Speaker 5: A fake Celtics fan.
Speaker 2: Well, I know you're a Hawks fan. You're a Hawks.
Speaker 5: Look like I put it the other day, I am a Celtics fan who cheers for the hometown Hawks.
Speaker 2: Respect.
Speaker 5: It's because when I was getting into watching NBA basketball when I was in seventh grade. Yeah, this when they just got KG they just got Ray Allen, and I was like, man, I gotta find a team that I want to win, and that was the Celtics.
Speaker 2: Oh, you made a good choice back then. That's pretty crazy though. So you said sixth grade, you were eleven years old. That was the last time the Kings made the playoffs. You really got into basketball in seventh grade. You've never seen the Kings in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: I mean, I watched basketball, but I just didn't follow it like the way I follow basketball now. Is I started that in like seventh grade?
Speaker 2: Yes, I get you. All right, let's answer some rapid fire questions. This should be nice and quick. Yesterday's tweet of the night seemed to show former WNBA player in Atlanta legend Rene Montgomery at a Hawks game totally alone. No other fans can be seen. You can't see anyone at the scorer's table. Looks like there's nobody but her watching Donovan Mitchell shoot free throws. Great way to see a game. What is something you'd like to see as a private solo show? Jerome?
Speaker 5: What you got?
Speaker 3: First off? I want to start this by saying when you ask, when you said private solo show. I was incredibly uneasy with this in so many different ways. I don't even know if I want because, like if it's a concert or performance or anything like that, Like it's just so awkward to be like the one person watching them. What is my angle to go in? And I think my angle is like, what was the place where you know, normally people weren't able to go and I could be the solo person who got to view it? And I chose with a time machine the nineteen ninety two Dream Team Scrimmages. I want to sit there as the solo person in there. I'm gonna call it my show. I know, I get to get really get to the bottom of not just like everything that they said to each other, but probably all the ship talking that Jordan apparently might have said about Isaiah Thomas even though he wasn't there, so.
Speaker 2: Guaranteed, I think he'll talk trash.
Speaker 3: Even though he wasn't, he was definitely talking trash about it. So that's my pick.
Speaker 5: Great answer, what about you asked, even though Jermees just said like no to concerts because I'd be weird, I would definitely go to a Paramore concert just because Hailee Williams And sorry Courtney, but you know, Hayley Williams is like, you know, so I just get to sit there and watch her. She probably put me on stage. I get to be up there with her. It'd be great.
Speaker 2: What song would you want her slash them to play?
Speaker 3: Section? It has to be only Yeah, that's that's the one.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, she was sinking it to man if she was singing that to me, like just singing that while we were right there. I'm just playing I'll Love you, Courtney.
Speaker 2: JD. What private solo show are you seeing?
Speaker 4: I'm the same as Jerome, So just the idea of being alone and getting a musical performance, to me, it would just be so creepy and weird. So but I did pick a music thing, and I sort of I'm kind of taking Jerome's answer and making it musical. And I'm now listen, I just sat through fifteen minutes of you guys doing anime talk. So I'm going to geek out for just a second, and I'm going to show you a clip of basically what I mean. And as John Williams composing, it's him composing the score to empire strikes back, and it's him talking to the composed the You may have seen this clip as Shit's it's uh, he's talking to the I guess the composed the actual conductor or the orchestra liaison, and it's from basically going from his head to the actual orchestra, and when he hears it for the first time played back to him, it's it's an incredible moment. I got to play for you now.
Speaker 1: So here it is so here twenty five seconds point one. Some little objects float by the window, and the strings would be sustained here. But it's a Celeste sounding logo, I think her sounding logo here like that, but exactly twenty five seconds point one. That way, with two clarinets, they are leaving the flutes free to play piccolo. Three piccolos at thirty six seconds as we see these bats and it's suddenly presto with four piccolos doing sex tuple's about as fast as they can do them.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, this is officially the dorkiest episode of NODONK ever. But that's what I want to be. I want to be, I want to be. It could be present day John Williams. Guy's over ninety now and he's still a legend. And just to see him create from writing it on the page, which he probably still does to the orchestra. I just want to be in the room. I want to be in the room.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, j I think this one of the things was like to be flying the wall as like something truly spectacular or iconic was being made.
Speaker 2: So yeah, watching musicians create something is just like incredible. There's that scene in that Beatles documentary when they're writing get Back and it comes from messing about and suddenly it's a hit song. Incredible stuff. Wild to see him doing it for a movie, talking about like the plot points of the movie as well. But I'll say four Piccolo's doing sex tuplet sounds like a different kind of private solo show JD.
Speaker 4: And then either way, I'm rock hard.
Speaker 2: All right. Here's a real thing I read this week. A giant meatball made from flesh cultivated using the DNA of an extinct wooly mammoth has been unveiled at a science museum in the Netherlands. Apparently, the meatball was made of sheep cells inserted in a with a singular mammoth gene. Called myoglobin. As we all know when it comes to meet, myoglobin is responsible for the aroma, the color, and the taste. Guys. One is a time that science went too far. Jerome green ketchup. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: When I think it was the thing. I don't know if it made it across the border, but I know one time I can't exactly recall when they decided, you know what, let's make the ketchup green.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: No science, you've gone to science. I will not accept this condiment that is on the opposite end of the spectrum of Christmas colors. This is not the thing to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, green tomatoes.
Speaker 5: I know, but it looks the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also green tomatoes aren't as good as red.
Speaker 4: But it's so stupid too, because kids already love ketchup, and that's what it's for, right, So it's like, wow, we want to encourage kids to eat more ketchup.
Speaker 2: They love it already, they absolutely love it.
Speaker 4: So it's the stupidest marketing thing, I agree.
Speaker 2: Ash. One's a time that science went too far. Jada, you got the video. Oh yeah, let's see this right here.
Speaker 5: This is what I'm talking about. This is a time that science went too far.
Speaker 4: I forgot my tools again.
Speaker 5: All right, for those listening, this robot right, well, now this robot is can jump and walk and has his own mind, Like this is ridiculous. And the people that are making these robots and the new ais that help us do everything, have they ever seen terminator? Have they ever seen robot that's exactly right? Have you seen any science fiction movie ever made? Because look like this robot is going up the stairs carrying the tools to this guy. And there's like a billion videos of this, Like we're not gonna watch the whole thing, but he flipping awful things and jumping out. You can do a Ninja warrior course. That's that's insane. That's insane. They're too smart.
Speaker 2: I agree. Every what is this Boston Dynamics. Every video is a little bit scary. And I don't know why they made the robot android walk with like a slightly sneaky gait.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's strolling, its like sneaking at all times, like it's trying to make no noise because it's coming for you. You're right, that hasn't gone too far yet, but it's just a matter of time.
Speaker 3: I would like these robots to perform any number of draft combine exercise.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Yeah, yeah, that just like pushed the limits of science. Just like you know, a robot with one hundred foot for girls next All Star weekend.
Speaker 5: We should have that. Do the skills.
Speaker 2: Challenge teams have to enter their own robots.
Speaker 3: Did we just fix the NBA?
Speaker 2: Also the.
Speaker 3: Robots robots versus humans NBA skills contest?
Speaker 2: I love it, JD? When did science go too far?
Speaker 4: It's a shake weight, just plain, I'm sure it works, but you look ridiculous.
Speaker 2: The oscillations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's getting those the muscles you never knew you had. But the wanky wanky motion is it's too much. You've gone too far science.
Speaker 2: You think they came up with the motion or the weight first? Hard to say?
Speaker 4: It's great question, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Final rapid fire question. The New York Times recently reported on the enduring popularity of crocs. According to the Times, people started buying crocs during the pandemic and now they can't stop. Even JD got his pair that he was talking about last week. So Fellas, what's something you started during the pandemic that you haven't stopped.
Speaker 3: Drum trash reality television. I avoided it for the longest time, and then the pandemic happened. I was temporary furloughed from my job and I watched, over the course of forty eight hours back to back Tiger King and Love is Blind Classic, And I've never been the same person since.
Speaker 4: So you haven't been a You're still on the trash TV.
Speaker 3: I'm still Yeah, So like there's been a like Love is Blind, Love Island? Are you the one?
Speaker 5: Just?
Speaker 3: I had a couple of seasons of The Bachelor during the pandemic in there or.
Speaker 2: How many dating shows?
Speaker 3: It sounds like it was heavy on the dating shows. I didn't realize I was such a spicy person. You really figured out a lot about yourself during the pandemic. You look at yourself in the mirror and like, you just want to see relationships be their most toxic apparently, And so yeah, that's definitely what happened to me during that time, and I haven't been the same since.
Speaker 2: Great answer, Ash, what about you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was an easy one for me. Eating over eating the pandemic. Just stop it is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: That was my second answer.
Speaker 5: I got married right at the beginning of the pandemic, and then you know, right after that, my wife got pregnant and then we had the no no gems, can't go work out, can't go play ball, none of that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I gained like thirty pounds. Now I haven't gained anymore. I've maintained it allre we go, but I haven't lost any either.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's all right. You still got the Tom and Jerry.
Speaker 5: Yeah the great part.
Speaker 2: You still got the mouse in the house, JD.
Speaker 4: How about your Yeah, mine's food related as well. I've rediscovered it during the pandemic and now it's a major part of my life still. Hence the wait that before this episode there's no bed. That's like a death row item for me, right, like a final meal coissant, like a like a toaster cssant with nitella. Oh my god, so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah sounds good and you know it's healthy because they put an orange on the front.
Speaker 3: Well, it's easy when they say like it's like hazel that bass, so you just assume, like, oh, you know, nuts, it's a trail mix protein.
Speaker 4: Packed with protein, nuts, vitamins, minerals.
Speaker 2: Amazing, It's delicious, delicious, delicious spread well, and those were some delicious answers. What a show? What do you think?
Speaker 5: I think it went pretty good. I hope it went good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I rate yourself right now and a half way higher. Buddy, Okay, thanks seven point six about you? I think you did.
Speaker 3: It's over nine thousand.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a great answer.
Speaker 2: That's a great answer. Great stuff, great show. This is actually our last no Dunks episode of the week. We have No Buffs a little bit later today with Jason Concepsio and we're gonna try and go live at one pm Eastern. If you watch Survivor last night. Should be fun to talk to him kind of at a dorky show today. Might have no buffs as well. They were talking Star Wars, they were talking Lord of the Rings, they were talking Pokemon last night on Survivor. Really, so we got to get Jason's take on that, because you know he's deep. He's deep in the game as well. Tomorrow, no no no dunks tomorrow morning. But I hear there may be a no Dinks dropping in the feed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we might drop a no Dinks. There was a big tournament over the weekend Daytona MLP twenty twenty three, very exciting. Rachel's been bothering me to do a podcast, so we will be. And there's nothing happening tomorrow, so we might drop that in the feed.
Speaker 2: Excellent, Stay tuned for that one. On Saturday, we'll be re releasing Fast Friends four from Fast and Furious, not the Fast and the Furious, which was the first one of those movies, but the fourth one where things really turn into an action franchise, I would say, and we hit a new era in the Fast franchise. So that will come on Saturday. If you are in Houston or somewhere in Texas, or you want to make the trip out. We've got a live show Monday, April third, at six pm Houston time. That will be our show on Monday. We're gonna have no daily show the morning of Monday, but we're hoping to stream that one.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, right here, Yeah, that's the plan. We will be live streaming it. But you gotta come. You gotta come and drinking Neutral.
Speaker 2: You gotta come, have a neutral.
Speaker 4: I think it will be flowing. I think they're actually given.
Speaker 2: Some out so the neutral will be flowing.
Speaker 4: L Neutral will flow awesome.
Speaker 2: Laura was having a strawberry lemonade one last night. She's like, these are good. Yeah, I said, would you drink it outside at a pool? She said absolutely. So there's a recommendation that will be my contribution to the Neutral throw Down when we're talking at it. So that'll be I guess what seven pm Eastern will be when it's going live on YouTube, though we'll probably be a little bit late to you know, get the crowd fired up. No show next Tuesday, and then the bros Are back in town on Wednesday. Drum, you're gonna be here in Atlanta, right.
Speaker 3: I'm joining you in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be sitting in this very seat. I will be in Florida. You're gonna use my hoop while.
Speaker 3: I'm going, I mean, sendy address. I'll definitely make sure that messes hot. Yeah, all right, sounds good.
Speaker 2: Make sure to follow us on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, anywhere else. At no dunks Ink, you can subscribe to The Athletic for a dollar a month at the Athletic dot Com slash No dunks great way to get in the sports writing in the world. Also, you can listen to every one of the Athletic Podcast Network podcasts with no ads. That's how I listen to basically everything that's on the Athletic Network to be quite honest, anything else, you guys, Nope, crushed it. What a day Upper Bros. You heard it here first, have a great time, turn up. Love you guys awesome forgot to ask, does I have like a cool anime related quote to send us out?
Speaker 5: Thanks for joining us and just remember, guys, if you train every day as hard as you can, you still won't be able to become a super saim
Speaker 2: Break, embrace the day of people