Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys straining live.
Speaker 2: From the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 1: Streetsidown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Mashoda, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's a terrific Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. We are live from the Star in Frisco and the SWBC studios here inside the world headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys. We've got Isaiah Standback, John Manchoda, Nick Harris, I'm Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beam in the back chilling.
Speaker 2: As always doing his thing. How are we doing?
Speaker 4: I'm good? How are y'all doing? What's what?
Speaker 2: The Seahawks garb?
Speaker 4: Where am I from? Kyle?
Speaker 2: I mean the Sonics garb?
Speaker 4: Where am I from?
Speaker 5: See?
Speaker 2: You can already see where I'm leading Harley home?
Speaker 4: But always repping?
Speaker 6: Mmm?
Speaker 2: Interesting, Yeah, you just I do?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: But now boys don't ever play North tex you the Cowboys don't play the Seattle Supers, but they play Seattle. They do not wearing the Seahawks jersey, not yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you rip the maps.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, the Cowboys and the MAVs are.
Speaker 4: That's your hometown team. Good partners, my hometown team.
Speaker 2: It's your hometown team that doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 6: Do you have any Seahawks jerseys?
Speaker 4: The ones I played his own?
Speaker 5: It's all, you know, like a Sewn Alexander Matt Hasselback, John take the ball and we're gonna win the game.
Speaker 7: If I'm gonna wear a football jersey, it has to be like a throwback throwback. It has to be like a legend. Yeah, I like, like is a beast to me? But it has to be from Seattle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who would be se Xander?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I like Sean Sean's dope.
Speaker 6: Russell Wilson, the Bos.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm not.
Speaker 7: It'll be a Quartez Kennedy, Michael Marco, Michael Saint Clair.
Speaker 4: Michael Saint Clair.
Speaker 2: You've always been a big Lynch guy.
Speaker 3: You're sure a big beast, mode, dude, I'm not wearing Marshawn's jersey.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 3: Are you a believer of the thing where you shouldn't wear a jersey of the guy of somebody that's younger than you have you ever, I.
Speaker 7: Don't see myself doing that. Like I said, I'm a I'm a throwback guy. If if I'm going to wear a jersey, it's going to be a Now I'm gonna wear I wear my clients jersey, Clients.
Speaker 2: That I them personally.
Speaker 4: That's different.
Speaker 7: That's different, right, Clients that I've trained and they've given me jerseys or whatever.
Speaker 4: It might be the case. I'll rock that.
Speaker 7: But in terms of going out and purchasing a jersey, yeah, it has to be somebody that's legendary. So for like me, like this, Sean Camp, like I'll rock Shan Camp all day, Sean Shawn Camp, Gary Payton, you know those type of guys.
Speaker 6: I could see this answer your question, I'll answer it for him.
Speaker 5: I can totally see this dude in Vegas Friday night wearing a Michael Pennock jersey and he's Michael Pennock's definitely, he's certainly younger than him.
Speaker 6: I can see him.
Speaker 2: Michael Pennix though, so that that's okay.
Speaker 4: I'm not wearing that, not gonna wear one. So I'll be wearing some U dub gear like Steve.
Speaker 3: Would you buy your son? And Michael Pennocks Jersey. Would he rock that I bought.
Speaker 4: Him a hoodie?
Speaker 2: Oh he's got a Hoodieyeah, it's gonna be like fifty degrees.
Speaker 3: Now, that's gonna be so fun for you guys, because you're getting it's you and the sun going that go in that direction.
Speaker 2: Man, wouldn'll be fun.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be good. Look even twenty four hours your dogs.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, yeah, in and out.
Speaker 2: Seattle, the Washington in Vegas.
Speaker 8: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 4: About what the game game? I feel good about it? Yeah, I do. I think it's gonna be a heck of a game.
Speaker 2: Well, Nick is a big Boonix guy, so that's not no.
Speaker 4: No, I think it's I think it's gonna be one heck of a game. I truly do.
Speaker 7: I think both of these, both of those teams are really good to orgon the University Washington, and you know, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Man, we're in the top four. We can't we can't fall out now.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know how you could show up to the Cowboys facility wearing not only a Seattle teams.
Speaker 2: Gear, but also the gear that's colored the same as the organ ducks. You've got yellow and green?
Speaker 4: Whoa this week?
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like it's a double blow.
Speaker 7: So I wear a Seattle hat every day.
Speaker 2: Dude, you actually wear Seattle. Wear Seattle gear every singh green and yellow.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you look in the miner, it only looks like you're wearing ducks gear.
Speaker 2: Be honest with you. I don't see.
Speaker 7: The list. Hey, guys like you know, that's what you know. That's what Todd Williams asked. It was Cable. Cable asked me this morning. He said, did you lose a bet? I said, no, Cable, I was born there.
Speaker 4: Did you lose a bet? I was born and raised Seattle.
Speaker 3: You might not remember this, but back our first year on this show, twenty twenty, and you and I made a bet and I had to wear your jersey.
Speaker 4: Remember that. And I got in trouble, in so much trouble.
Speaker 2: You and I got on to the principals the only.
Speaker 7: Time the Seattle jersey has ever came in the doors of the Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kyle Loattle Seattle stand back jersey, yep.
Speaker 3: And I lost the bet because I thought the Cowboys would beat the Seahawks that year and they didn't and I had to wear it for a show and.
Speaker 4: I got that Yeah, yeah with a ruler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one didn't work out.
Speaker 4: Well, No, what happened again?
Speaker 2: Does anybody know what college? Shack Leonard went to?
Speaker 8: South Carolina State Banks?
Speaker 2: There you go, give me an update on everybody wants to know.
Speaker 4: So good to have you back.
Speaker 8: Thanks man, I appreciate it. It's good to be here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So Jerry Jones spoke this morning on the fan about the visit with Shack Leonard today. So he is in the building right now. That's why I was late, you know, I was just gathering into the Shack Leonter. That's exactly what it was. He said, they're checking some healthy right now with the health team and see where he's at, not only for the rest of the year, but you know, the foreseeable future. He said, that's what we're doing right now as we're speaking, as of thirty minutes ago. And then I'll have lunch with him while he's here. So it looks like there's a bit of an itinerary for Leonard today. Diana Rossini reported last night that if a deal does not get reached with Dallas today that he will be headed off to Philadelphia later this week to meet with them. So with that in the back of everyone's mind, you almost want to look for as much silver lining as possible on the visit today, especially when it comes to the health things. I know he's coming off of two back surgeries from last year, and that obviously worries somebody, especially whenever you look at the reason why there's a hole in the linebacker core right now with Layton van Derush and the stacked neck injuries that he's had, and wanting to be able to stay confident and stay true to that. So, yeah, it's interesting. It's not something that I had on my BINGO card if you had asked me two weeks ago as far as Darius Leonard goes. But he's on campus today and we'll see where it goes from here.
Speaker 4: I have questions.
Speaker 7: Question number one, why did they release him?
Speaker 2: A number of things.
Speaker 8: I think. I think personally it is money.
Speaker 9: Well, I think when it comes to his health situation last year, what he was able to produce on the field last year, what they're trying to do in Indianapolis right now, it doesn't make sense to pay him what they were paying him.
Speaker 6: And see how do we put this.
Speaker 5: Some organizations are run differently than others, and.
Speaker 8: Some gms are on Twitter more than others.
Speaker 5: It's hard for me not to think of how everything went down before the scenes started with Jonathan Taylor, I mean, the factor that all in and then see some other things tweeted out, which I enjoy from the tweeting perspective, but I don't know if that's exactly what you want.
Speaker 6: Running the team situation.
Speaker 5: So I understand where you're coming from, because I certainly think of that whenever a players let go. But I have preconceived thoughts really about every single organization in my head, and when certain one, certain ones let players go, you're just like, no, no, no, kick the tires on that guy.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: And then there's other organizations with him, You're like, yeah, he's probably good.
Speaker 6: You probably don't you probably don't.
Speaker 4: Need to do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I mean, yeah, I mean, I know that there is a lot of issues well ownership in general over there in the Colts. A lot of players don't want to necessarily be in Indianapolis for a number of reasons regarding the ownership and management. So I but I do know that, you know, obviously, coming off those two back surgeries. That's something that is apparent. I would imagine he spends half his visit getting MRIs today if I was to guess if if I was a betting man. But then so I don't have issues with those things, right. You think about like Marcus Peters, right, like obviously you he just got released, and I think about that, and I'm like, okay, well, he's had an issue with his character pretty much his entire career, so when you when you see him get released, you automatically go to, Okay, what's the issues?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: Especially with uh with Peers you know now the coach and things like that. It's like, what the Heck's going on? Like why are you now getting released by a player? Doesn't make sense? So that I have questions, But in this I have questions in regards to just his health.
Speaker 4: So obviously they'll take care of that.
Speaker 7: But then I asked, look at it from a perspective of if he doesn't get a deal with Dallas today and then he's off to Philly, how does he go about choosing which team he goes to first? And pretty much if he's ready to put it out there saying, hey, I want to go to Dallas first. If Dallas doesn't work, then I'll pretty much signed with Philly. That's what it sounds like. How does he go about making that decision? So does it Dallas's preferred choice over Philly or like how does that?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Like, I think there's a lot of assumptions in there.
Speaker 9: It could be just a situation where Dallas reached out first to the agent. Like if I was going through this process personally, it's whoever reached out to me first, whoever showed me the most love. And it kind of goes back to like recruiting even you know, it's like, Okay, they're showing me the most love, let me go there first and give them the first opportunity. That's a good place. They need a starting linebacker. Let's go there and figure that one out. And if it doesn't work, then let's go to this other contender who's also really good and could use a starting linebacker.
Speaker 8: So I think it's kind of goes both ways.
Speaker 2: Well, I think there's a couple different elements there. Too.
Speaker 4: Is the fact that.
Speaker 3: There was a bit you talked about off the field or excuse me, helth wise, that was one.
Speaker 2: Of your concerns.
Speaker 3: There's a little bit of a concern in Indianapolis with a bit of a degradation of their relationship because they would take him off the field in passing downs.
Speaker 2: He was mostly a run stopper.
Speaker 3: That was what he was built in the dew which year Dallas could certainly use a run stopper.
Speaker 2: They've done a good job this year of defending the run, much better than they have the last two or three years.
Speaker 3: However, they're still not perfect in that category, and they could be better in that category. He would see playing time here where he didn't see in Indianapolis and where he might not see in Philadelphia. So maybe it's the best fit for him. Plus it makes him, at least from a competitive standpoint, able to make a run.
Speaker 2: That's what he's also looking at.
Speaker 3: He's not going to go to a team like Indianapolis that's not competing and not.
Speaker 2: In for a title. He's he wants to go try and win a ring.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you this question, between those two players that I just brought up, if you were to sign one of.
Speaker 4: Them, right, you're talking about Leonard and Peter.
Speaker 7: Peter, right, would you sign the guy who hasn't you have a questions about his health because of the back surgeries.
Speaker 4: Would you sign a guy who has questions about his character?
Speaker 2: I would sign be healthy.
Speaker 5: When I do the checks, can I can? I I mean can he play? Is he healthy enough to?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm only doing for the rest of the I'm taking check learrya same.
Speaker 5: I'm also interested in the whole. I mean, Gus Bradley, Dan Quinn, they work together. I would think that if for nothing else, Dan's going to have some good knowledge of how he use him And where is that right now?
Speaker 3: With the way that things have gone in this organization. John mentioned it earlier of certain organizations are run certain ways. With the way that things have gone. If Dallas does not sign him and he signs with Philly, Isaiah, what would.
Speaker 4: Your reaction be. I wouldn't I would not appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that would be a problem for Dallas and anybody else. I mean, Philadelphia's already really freaking good, and everybody knows that, there's no question about it. You don't have to like them, but you better respect them. They have historically, When I say historically, go back the last five years. Their front office has done a heck of a job of adding to their roster, just a magnificent job of finding ways to add talent to their roster. If Dallas doesn't sign Winner today, it's almost unless it's health related.
Speaker 2: If it's that's the thing, we will we won't know.
Speaker 4: We won't know, right but.
Speaker 2: Until the reports start surfacing, maybe down the road.
Speaker 7: But Philly would grab him up in a heartbeat, and that would be a problem because those guys already have a monstrous front seven.
Speaker 3: And we've already seen Philly take a chance on guys with help. I mean, Nikobe Dean was he was the rock of the draft that continued to fall because of his health problems at the linebacker position, and it took a chance on.
Speaker 7: And it's okay taking veterans at this point in time because now their contracts aren't guaranteed. You signed them after the first game of the season, so you're unless you're giving them a new contract or giving them a bunch of guaranteed money up front, is very low risk for you at this point in time. So most organizations will take a they'll a flyer on it and say hey, a couple weeks into it, oh, it didn't work out all right. See you later, right, and they're out of it for whatever it is it cost him for those couple of weeks of that rental. But right now I can see teams jumping all over this, and hopefully Dallas if everything checks out, hopefully they're a team that does it.
Speaker 5: Okay, from what you said, I would withhold judgment if that's what happened. If he left here it went to Philly, Okay, I understand. Like, believe me, I'm totally on board with the Eagles have been doing. Like I think that they've been outstanding. I'm surprised that they're a two and a half three point dog to the Niners this week at home, I think, really, yeah, I think that they're rolling. I think they're in a good shape. The only more surprising spread this week is clearly that the Oregon nine and a half over washing.
Speaker 6: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It blows my mind.
Speaker 5: But you do need to withhold judgment because let's not sit there and say that they let him leave and then he goes to Philly. Everybody will lose their mind because these are the two biggest talking fan base, especially when it comes to social media. But if he gets to Philly and doesn't really have much of an impact that'll go to the wayside. People will forget about how it was done. But I mean, initially it'll look bad because it just seems like the Eagles are getting But I would want to see what he can do with the Eagles before I would go, oh, the Cowboys mess up on this one.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 5: I mean that's the reason he's here today to look at you know, whether it's medical, whatever it is in the background.
Speaker 6: I mean, you have to withhold judgment.
Speaker 5: I know nobody will, but I'm saying that, like that is, there could be more to it.
Speaker 6: That's always my thing with the draft process.
Speaker 5: You know, everybody wants to put together a list of their top players stuff like that, and ninety nine point nine percent of people that are doing that don't know the medical, don't know off the field, don't do all don't know all this stuff that these organizations spend millions of dollars on to look into these prospects, and all it would take to a lot of people that put lists together is just one little thing where you're just like, yeah, no, that that need's not going to make it past one season. You're just like, oh, yeah, yeah, no, no, he's not he's not on my first round board anymore. It's like, yeah, but you're not going to know that when you can just watch your college tape.
Speaker 8: You don't know.
Speaker 5: There's Washington, Yeah, there's like little things like that, or players where they're just like, this guy is a locker room cancer. He will ruin everything, and you're just like, yeah, that guy's really talented, and you're just like, go ahead, draft and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Nobody went to his birthday party?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, exactly, And if you know anything about the draft, you watch Draft Day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think the expectation of the building today has to be if he does, if he walks out of here without a contract that he's going to sign with Philly.
Speaker 8: It might not happen, but that has to be the.
Speaker 9: Expectation, and you have to be comfortable with that based on the knowledge that you're able to acquire today. That's kind of the double sided thing that you have to take into account whenever you're writing all the notes, is Okay, do we want to sign him? If the answer is no, are we comfortable with him signing with Philly? And does that force you to sign him?
Speaker 3: That's a question that's that's what I was about to ask is is there a little bit of gamesmanship from Philadelphia here?
Speaker 4: Same question?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what question.
Speaker 3: Just by the way, if you don't want to sign with Dallas, we're here for you, that's probably what happened.
Speaker 5: Come on in, not even we're here for you, will be your leverage exactly, don't even want you. But if you want to tell them that we're out here, if that helps you, we we're just fine with that.
Speaker 8: There is a financial part to this as well.
Speaker 9: This is this is a competitive free agency, which is rare to see in the middle of a season. Like, yes, it's an off season type of free agency. So whenever he got released, whenever he got released last week, first thing I said was, I think this is going to be really difficult for Dallas to just.
Speaker 8: Slam on, if that makes sense, like staying the door on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And I still kind of feel that way, even though there is a little bit more confidence in him coming in today and him not having anything scheduled past today. I know the Eagles are trying to get something scheduled, but it's not official. There's only a little bit of confidence I still have in that. But I still think it's going to be competitive. At the end of the day, I think he's going to have more than one offer on the table.
Speaker 4: You think Dallas has the finances to sign.
Speaker 9: Him, Yes, this season, Yes, the future, that's where things get murky.
Speaker 8: But I think you worry about that down the road.
Speaker 4: I don't think he signs one year.
Speaker 2: You think it'd be a two year deal.
Speaker 5: I mean, at least, why wouldn't you want to get to free agency? Say that again, why wouldn't you want to get to free agency?
Speaker 2: If he comes in and plays well, play well.
Speaker 6: For one year and get free agency next year.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's something that he wants to do. I don't think he would want to risk.
Speaker 9: That with what he's coming off of health wise. It makes sense. But and you also wonder from his perspective, why was he okay being released from Indianapolis Because it looked like a mutual split, Like it didn't look like he was, you know, middle fingering out the door. You know it was he was at their game on Sunday in the suite. You know, they don't give a guy a suite if he was middle fingering out the door.
Speaker 3: They also decided basically to take twenty eight million dollars worth of dead cap over the next two years in order to get it done. So, I mean, that's a lot of money to say, hey, you'll play somewhere else, because it was a five year, ninety eight point five million dollars contract. That was the original contract. Now, of course, not all of that is there anymore. I think there's just remaining twenty eight million.
Speaker 2: On top of that.
Speaker 9: I need like a South Park skit of him and Jimbo Fisher just swimming or Frank right, Frank rag Yeah, Josh.
Speaker 4: McCown getting paid by two teams. Yes, yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, but there's your Shack Leonard update.
Speaker 3: Of course, we'll have more if something happens throughout the day to day whenever we come back tomorrow. When we come back, though, we're gonna take a look at the defensive preview going up against Geno Smith and the Seahattle Seahawks offense. They've got some weapons on that offensive side of the football. They're also missing some weapons on the offensive side. When we come back with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the Big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 12: Five G requires compatable planing device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 10: Black Rifle Coffee Company sirs premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, So it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team. Go online at Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot com.
Speaker 6: To fuel up.
Speaker 3: Today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 13: Okay, there's our mascot rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile Banking.
Speaker 3: App, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 13: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive, Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash can't stop Banking every tay.
Speaker 3: It's only available in the English language. Must download the latest version of the mobile banking app, only available on so like mobile devices. Message in dat rags APLI number FBIC.
Speaker 14: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answered life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 15: Would you, Dear doctor, Our front supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 9: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier?
Speaker 3: To cry out?
Speaker 14: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys. Welcome back to Talking Cowboys. This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats. The super Trust is Superfood Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Glad you're with us here on this Tuesday. Send us a text message.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't know where the media guide went. It might be in the little cubby cubby thing over here. That's okay, I'll find in a minute. But if you have the text message number, I don't have him memorized. So there you go.
Speaker 8: It should be scrolling on the bottom the show right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's there you go.
Speaker 3: So it'll be down there at the bottom of the show, down on the text line.
Speaker 9: I only know that because I watched the show yesterday. It was it was an interesting perspective watching it from from home.
Speaker 2: Did we do an okay job?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I done a fantastic job. I was like, Wow, they really don't need me. It's kind of bad.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll let you start things.
Speaker 3: Often, whenever you look at this Seattle Seahawks offense, Gino Smith not having the year that he did last year.
Speaker 2: But still winning games.
Speaker 3: And he still has weapons to throw the football too, Tyler Lockett, Jackson Smith and Jigbu And then of course dk Mcki Metcalf who's having a phenomenal year. Which one of those weapons scares you the most, especially now that Kenneth Walker's not in the fold. Zach Charbone is the running back, which one of these weapons from Seattle concerns you the most.
Speaker 9: When you take it to account what this Dallas defense does well in the secondary, what they've done well guarding so far this season. My answer would have to be Tyler Lockett, just because of his speed and his ability to play inside, play outside, He's gonna face different matchups throughout the game. He's a problem for opposing defenses, and I think that's gonna be the case for Dallas as well. I think what could really help Dallas this week, and it's starting to trend that way, is the fact that Kenneth Walker might not play.
Speaker 8: He didn't play last week.
Speaker 9: I believe it's an oblique injury that he's battling right now, and if he doesn't go again this week, then is Zach Charbonnay the rookie out of UCLA. If you remember around draft time, that was a hot name for Cowboys Nation as far as a running back that maybe they wanted to draft early on. Excuse me, but Tyler Lockett's that's definitely the weapon that concerns me the most. But in looking at DK Metcalf, obviously it's the size, it's the physicality off the line. His releases are some of the best in the NFL. And then Jackson Smith and Jigba it's kind of a similar It's almost like a package of what DK does with his physicality and what Tyler Lockett can do with his separation. You find like the middle ground with both of those things, and you have Jackson Smith and Jigba. The rock Wall native coming back to Dallas for his first game in the DFW, So I'm really looking forward to that. The last time that he played in at and T Stadium, he had six touchdowns versus Allen and won sixty to fifty nine in a playoff game.
Speaker 8: So you know he's looking to run that back for sure.
Speaker 2: Not okay with that, Yeah, not okay with that.
Speaker 4: By the way.
Speaker 3: Tyler Lockett in four career games against the Dallas Cowboys four and zero, he's been targeted twenty five times. He has seventeen receptions for two hundred and twenty yards and four touchdowns. Now, I think most of that came in twenty twenty, whenever he kind of went off up in Seattle against the Cowboys at home. Isaiah, how much does this change things? The fact that the defense gets to kind of play off of the crowd a little bit, gets to play at home in front of the AT and T Stadium crowd, which all of a sudden, this home field advantage.
Speaker 7: I think it's huge because we know that this defense of the Dallas Cowboys is momentum based and they are their high energy group, and if the fans are into it, if they can feel that energy, then these boys should simply just go off. And the office line for Seattle sucks. It has sucked for some years now. They just stopped investigating with two chaps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I mean, just that's one of the frush.
Speaker 7: As a fan of Seattle sports, it's been frustrating to watch them not make that a priority since the time that they went back to back to the Super Bowls. They just have not invested money there and they're paying the price for it. You know, obviously Geno had a great year last year. This year, you know, they made some changes and those changes are starting to drastically affect him. They got rid of Dave Knelis or Dave went down to be an officer coordinator and down there for the Tampa Bay. He was actually there when I was in Seattle. He was really really good coach, really dedicated, really on top of his game.
Speaker 4: Always excited, always coaching you up.
Speaker 7: Now they have Greg Olsen, who I had when I was in Jacksonville, no disrespect, he's not Dave Canalis. So in terms of the development of Geno Smith, you see to drop off of his game, you know, over over that time, over that time span, and now Gino is getting under pressure from this offensive line. I think he's getting pressured by more than forty percent of his dropbacks, so he's just throwing it up in the air. He's inaccurate right now. So yes, they have the weapons to go out there and make you pay if he has time. But the thing is he's not going to have time against the Dallas Cowboys defensive line, and being at home just gives you that much more of advantage because once you get one, then usually you get two, three, four, five, and the sacks just start rolling in at Anti Stadium.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like to beat this Cowboys team offensively, you have to run the ball well, and not having Kenneth Walker would be a big blow there. I did like Zach start Sharpney coming out of the draft. I thought that he would maybe be a good compliment with Tony Pollard. But he's not the same, you know, big time player that Kenneth Walker is. I'd say when I look at that Seattle offense, one of the things that kind of surprised me. Maybe it shouldn't, is that so like on paper, if I'm just like picking guys like we're redrafting teams or something, Dk metcalf is the one that jumps off, you know the tape to you eighty targets only four forty three catches. That was just to me, like I thought his numbers would be a little bit. But that probably goes to what you're saying about the Gino.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking at their offensive line and you're talking about how they they haven't invested up front. It looks like they've tried to invest, it just hasn't worked out to their favor. They spent a first round pick, an early first round pick on Charles Cross.
Speaker 2: He's their left tackle. He's probably about.
Speaker 6: As is Walter Jones could.
Speaker 2: Uh if he is, he's hurt old school Charles.
Speaker 3: Cross left tackle Damian Lewis, third round pick, undrafted free agent Evan Brown, Phil Haynes, Stone forthsythe I mean Jason Peters could be their starting right tackle.
Speaker 2: You know Jason Peters from last year. He'll probably be their their starting right now.
Speaker 5: How do you think that'll go?
Speaker 9: But yeah, it was funny here and Mike I talk about that yesterday. He was asked, I think, right off the top, like are you excited to go against Jason? And he was like, yeah, I like those battles that we had in practice last year. It's gonna be fun to run those back and kind of call them an old man, and it was.
Speaker 8: It was hilarious.
Speaker 5: I remember him saying that last year when he was on the team, just kind of being surprised that somebody would still be playing. Yeah, forty is just making it very clear that he had no intention that he's playing that longness.
Speaker 2: I don't blame him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they, I mean, they've got a ton of guys that are just been added this year.
Speaker 2: With these rookies that are all backups.
Speaker 3: They're all of their backups are rookies, Ray Kwana, O'Neill, mcclennan, Curtis Ola Walla, and Timmy Anthony Bradford from LSU.
Speaker 2: They are just young.
Speaker 7: They focused a lot and recently they as of the last few drafts, they focused most of their attention on defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where they added their pieces.
Speaker 7: They were like, okay, you know, they had Russell Wilson and they were doing well offensively, so they're like, okay, well we're good on this side.
Speaker 4: Let's go ahead and go to the defense side.
Speaker 7: And sure that up since the legion of Boom fill apart, so they started putting auto draft picks into the defense. And now that's starting to come to fruition. So now they're like, oh crap, let's go back to offense. You know, Jackson, Jackson, Smith and Jig But and there they're they're personnel in terms of receivers and running backs.
Speaker 4: And tight ends. I mean, they're solid solid.
Speaker 7: You slip on any of those guys, they're gonna route you up at the receiver position. Any three of those guys you don't want to face it in but one on one and then you know they picked up Noah Fan in that trade. So he's a big, big body, tight end that can you know sure hand it. He's not going to make no huge plays on you. But he's a possession guy, running back committee solid. It's just that offensive line is just as suspect and that's the unfortunate for them because Dallas's defensive line is the best part of their team and they're going to apply a bunch of pressure and Gino's going to continue to see that pressure.
Speaker 4: And his decision making hasn't been great.
Speaker 7: It hasn't been He only has eight interceptions, but he should have substantially more than that. Just the way the ball bounced, even when it's not an interception, it's way off line and you and it's for the first time I'm seeing Toddler Lockett with bad body language.
Speaker 4: That's how frust it is.
Speaker 7: Offensively over there to Seattle right now, because everybody knows Tyler Locke is he is the the professional. He's the guy that shows up, does his work, gets about the building. You know, doesn't say anything and negative and you can see his frustration starting to show on his body language. DK Metcalf, same thing. He's frustrated because he's not getting the rock. I mentioned it yesterday. Both of these guys together barely have as many yards as Ceedee Lamb has by himself, and that's absolutely insane for two Pro Bowl receivers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, the production is very weird when you look at all three of those guys. The thing that stands out to me the most as I was watching film yesterday while I was blowing my nose out was the pass rush, as you said. And I feel more confident in the Cowboys chances in this game the more that I watch, just because I don't feel like this offense is going to have time, and this is an offense that is going to need time, especially if they don't have Kenneth the Walker. So the more that I watch, the more confident that I feel, not only that Dallas wins this game, but that it's comfortable.
Speaker 7: So they run the West Coast offense. That's what they run, Okay, very much like what Dallas is doing here. The thing that everybody should know by now is the West Coast offense is predicated on timing, right, you hear coach McCarthy going all the way back to training camp in terms of talking about Dak's footwork and how important the footwork is with the timing of the routes and getting the ball out, and their timing is shot the crap in Seattle right now because of the rush Geno's holding on to it, he's getting pressure and he's just releasing it. They're spacing on their route. Concepts are absolute trash right now. So you watch as you watch the film, watch how many guys bump into each other. Guys are getting bumped into each other's routes, and guys are supposed to be clear out routes are getting jammed up. And if you get your hands on these guys at any point in time during the route in those five yards, you're probably going to be pushing a guy into another concept that he's not supposed to be in that space.
Speaker 4: So it just looks bad.
Speaker 7: It looks very unprofessional, and it's almost disgusting to watch as a fan again, because they have so much potential when you look at their personnel. You look at these guys on paper. If you're playing man, you oh, I'm stacked right, But they you take that one element office line. If you can't block it up, if you can't get the timing, if you can't have an accurate throw, it's night and day. Gino lit up, this lit up everything last year. This year totally different, totally different story, which is.
Speaker 9: Really unfortunate when you look at a guy like Jackson Smith and Chigbu because he's so he's so dynamic in the short game.
Speaker 8: He's not a downfield guy.
Speaker 9: He's a guy that's gonna take a quick slant and take it forty yards after the catch before he's brought down because he'll do the littles exact thing. Ye, And it's so unfortunate because that's what this offense is kind of built for. It's for a weapon like that, but they can't get that timing done.
Speaker 8: You hear Mike.
Speaker 9: McCarthy and some of us in the media talk about that two point three second threshold all the time, and that's that's the timing that they're looking for. They're looking to get the ball out of Dak Prescott's hands and under two point three seconds and if it's not, then he's rolling out and improvising after the playing. That's what we've seen more s in San Francisco. Actually, but that's besides the point. But that's that's the bread and butter of a West Coast offense like that.
Speaker 5: When you talk about this team and watched them over the years, is this the most frustrated you think that, let's say the Seahawks fans are or just how they've played.
Speaker 6: Is it the most frustrating?
Speaker 5: Just because I think from afar two things you think about with the Seahawks. One that Pete Carroll is their coach and he doesn't look like he's a day over fifty, and he's the oldest coach in the NFL at seventy two.
Speaker 6: It's crazy to.
Speaker 2: Think that's sane.
Speaker 6: But you just assume at the.
Speaker 5: Very least, this is going to be a really tough ta Like I can just go off of like predictions off the last few weeks where you're just like, oh, the Cowboys are playing home, they're gonna roll this team, the Roles team. I look at the Seahawks and I'm just like, you know, these Pete Carroll coach teams, they're not going to just like roll over like this is gonna be.
Speaker 6: This is going to be still a dog fight.
Speaker 5: You know, how would you compare them right now to how he's bound me.
Speaker 6: Heck, they made the playoffs? What was eight? Eight out of nine years?
Speaker 4: No, for sure.
Speaker 7: So again, John Schneider is a beast of a GM.
Speaker 4: He's just he's that dude. Okay.
Speaker 7: He knows how to find value out of lower of draft picks. He knows how to move back, move around in a draft and all that kind of stuff to find that value. So even though they're not spending high picks and positions that they need to, you know, he thinks he's doing a relatively good job at acquiring talent, and I think he is. But it's these guys are stacked. Their roster is stacked offensively and defensively, right, and they did a good job of adding Leonard Williams defensively, which we'll talk about tomorrow. So when you look at their personnel, this is a good freaking team, but the execution isn't there. So when you start talking about the frustration, yeah, it's very apparent, and it's probably higher than it's been ever since Russell Wilson's last year.
Speaker 6: So it's on the coaching you're blaming it. Un Pete's his time is up? Is that what you're saying, that's what I heard.
Speaker 4: Pete ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 8: He's gonna be coaching.
Speaker 4: But to that point, yeah, he is. To that point, this is a team that you have to jump on.
Speaker 7: Early because if you, if you do allow these guys to get some momentum and get some confidence, they'll remember who they are.
Speaker 4: And I say that often, but like.
Speaker 7: You can't allow really good players to remember how good they are. You can keep them down right, And I tell you, guys will turn on the e break, they'll put it in the first second gear and just coast it out when things aren't going well.
Speaker 4: And nobody wants to hear that, but that's the reality.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna go through and give you one hundred thousand percent of everything.
Speaker 2: I have, And they're still going to playoff Hunt.
Speaker 7: But they've had to work a couple of weeks, right, They've had a rough couple of weeks over the.
Speaker 2: Last few weeks and a tough schedule coming up.
Speaker 7: So if Dallas comes out and bust them in the mouth, I promise you they'll shut it down. Like I guarantee you, they will shut it down. Because even though you have amazing personnel stacked roster guys are frustrated and it's just like yo.
Speaker 4: Man, forget this.
Speaker 7: But if you let them stay in the game, and all of a sudden, Dk Maycalf has it, gets a big play, or you know, Tyler Lockett, he's back here. He lives here, by the way, so he'll have all his family here, right, gets a big play, and then all of a sudden they get some momentum and they start looking at each other like, yeah, let's do this. Now you've got a problem on your hands because Dallas plays a lot of man and man coverage, and now you're gonna have them.
Speaker 4: You're going to be trying to match up.
Speaker 7: You don't have the personnel to match up man and man against against their receivers when they're confident.
Speaker 4: You just don't.
Speaker 7: Okay, Derond Bam is playing really really good, right, Steve on Gilmore is really really good, But you don't have Jay Lou can't match.
Speaker 4: Up man a man against Jackson Smith and Jabo. Right.
Speaker 7: If you have Dk Metcalf going against Stefan Gilmour right now in this part of his career, I'm taking DK. So personnel wise, I think they're better when you play man to man but you can't allow for them to get that confidence. If you can keep them some merger, you can keep pressure on Geno and you can make those guys get some stops.
Speaker 4: They'll shut it down. But if they get that swag back, then you're then you're gonna be in trouble. That's just the reality.
Speaker 9: I'm more scared of the defense having confidence in the offensive weapons.
Speaker 8: Personally.
Speaker 9: I think we'll talk about the defense, yeah, tomorrow or next segment tomorrow, Tomorrow, We'll talk about the defense more tomorrow, But I worry about that pass rush of that secondary getting more confidence. That's what's going to keep the Seahawks in the game in my opinion. But yeah, there's a lot of truth in that. Like we've seen what dk Metcalf can do when he takes over a game. It just feels like it's.
Speaker 4: Once in a blue moon.
Speaker 9: That's that's that's what it is for me, And it doesn't feel like that with the defense. It's felt like it's happened to every other games.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, defense they're defen is absolutely more consistent. But in terms of lighting a fire on this team, you can't let that dude either one of these You can't let Tyle Locke or DK Metcalf get their swag back.
Speaker 4: You just can't you get those right now. They're swag lists. Okay, keep them swag lists, because if they get their swag, they're gonna look.
Speaker 7: At each other and be like, all rightly, let's do this right, and then Gino's gonna remember who he was last year.
Speaker 4: You can't let him he bought out last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, breaking it's so funny that he says that, because it just makes me think of Dak talking about yesterday about how even though like you know, people say they're playing these lesser teams, like he's like, trust me, we get everyone's best shot. You know, it's a Thursday night game. You're playing Dallas Cowboys and things like that. Like a lot of what you're saying makes sense to that how you could see them. You just get a little bit of a spark and all of a sudden, it's like, you know, you're the only game that's on everybody's watching.
Speaker 6: You're playing the Dallas Cowboys and they're building, you know.
Speaker 4: Because you're not.
Speaker 7: Because the thing is like you're not saying, I know, we got we gotta get out. Yeah, you're not asking guys to play outside of themselves. You're talking about really good, freaking players that just are in a rut right now and they're frustrated their down and things aren't going their way. But if you if that aspect is eliminated and they make some plays, then you're dealing with a whole different monster. Right now, you're gonna start getting the Pro Bowl versions of these guys, which was last year.
Speaker 4: You're getting Pro Bowl.
Speaker 7: These are Pro Bowl players that you're getting that you're gonna be playing against, right and theyre solid, just both sides of.
Speaker 4: Them, both sides of the ball. So just keep these guys submerged.
Speaker 7: Go out there, stop them early on, and then Sidney's cats home.
Speaker 3: They've won some big games this year. They're one of the few teams that have beaten Detroit. They're one of the few teams that beat in Cleveland. Sure, they've lost some some stinkers. At the same time, they've lost to the Rams.
Speaker 4: What was that Both of those games were at home, right.
Speaker 2: At Detroit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that Detroit game, the way they went in there, they beat them in their building. Detroit was riding high coming off that Kansas City window season.
Speaker 6: That was their home opener.
Speaker 5: They were putting out this Barry Sanders statue. They punched them in the mouth.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thirty seven to thirty one was that final score.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's uh, there's a lot to be desired from a Seattle side. Dallas can't allow them to reach that uh and reach that potential and shut them down.
Speaker 2: I think this defense is good enough to do just that.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back at smelly sticker time, we're gonna give our players of the game from the forty five to ten win over Washington on Thanksgiving, and we'll give our players of the game and get you ready for tomorrow. Say it with your chest Wednesday.
Speaker 15: Right after this, they say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 10: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list forever? Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees, roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your prefer schedule, Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Rifle Coffee dot com to join the coffee club today.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savanna. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 12: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. Att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This segment is brought to you Buy Him Visilne the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys, our Boy Maurice and Tacoma Washington wanted to give a shout out to Isaiah. He said, just want to say bring back the Sonics, my boy, Isaiah, looking good in that green and gold.
Speaker 8: They're coming back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 4: Yep, neankes year.
Speaker 3: He said, it'll be in town for the game. This Thursday and asked where we're gonna be at? Where are we going to be at, Isaiah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not sure it is supposed to be a thunderstorm, is it really?
Speaker 2: We'll be inside.
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask you, Okay, we're inside the.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, we're at the stadium.
Speaker 9: When you are in the breast box, I honestly do that. It's a good time.
Speaker 8: This time. I'll try not to lose a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was what happened the last time.
Speaker 4: Barry doesn't get in trouble again.
Speaker 2: Well he's not staying. It's a night game, like kicked out.
Speaker 6: Just a scolding.
Speaker 2: He got a scolding, that's all.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: All right, it's time for smelly stickers here.
Speaker 3: From the forty five to ten win over in Georgia, there was one fault. I'm sorry. The forty to ten win against Washington. It feels like forever ago.
Speaker 2: But of course we didnt have any shows on Friday. We had the two man show yesterday.
Speaker 3: We wanted to wait for Nick and John to get it done. Today we're finally giving our players of the game.
Speaker 2: We'll let uh, well, let Nick Harris go first.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well, well we can let John go first talking in the break, and he had a good idea, so it was fine, either one we're gonna let we'll go, We'll let John go first.
Speaker 5: The order Never, I'm never good at the putting the sticker with how the performance was, I just I don't know, man, Like I've gotten with this one before.
Speaker 6: I like this doughnut sticker. It doesn't really fit the player, but it's got to be for me.
Speaker 5: It's around Bland just because of the fact that the interceptions are crazy, you don't get me wrong, and he deserves a ton of credit for that. I can't find anything that fits Bland, like these are all pretty tasty things here. So anyway, I just it's it's not just the interceptions, it's once he gets the ball in his hand, and he's probably got a lot of confidence because of having you know, five pick sixes. But there were multiple times in that return where I was like, oh, he's going to get tackled, and he just made another move and made another move. It just like it just seems like everything's lining up for him. And it's just wild to think about how you literally had this two years ago with how crazy of a teared you know, Trayvon Diggs was on and then they have a fifth round pick, step up, get moved to the outside corner spot and just in play like this. So I want to ask you guys one question about Bland though, because I've just been thinking about this lately. Do you guys think that he would have this many pick sixes if he was still playing on the inside or do you think the move to the outside is put him in a better position have I'm not just saying the intercept, but to be able to return him for touchdowns.
Speaker 9: More opportunities I think allows on the outside, So I would say yes, I'd say no, he wouldn't have as many on the inside, but I still think he would find his just because he has that ball hawk. He has a knack for the ball. I'd hate to put a number on it, but two or three rather than five, I guess you know.
Speaker 3: I think it's just better positioning, more space once he does make the interception, because they are out on an island to a certain extent, and it's incredible how people are trying to discount what Doron is doing.
Speaker 8: Are they?
Speaker 2: Yeah, nationally, no doubt how well most of them are.
Speaker 4: Probably he's not a big name.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, like, how are they trying to discuss they're saying they're saying that it was against quarterbacks that aren't very good, like Bryce Young and correct, no.
Speaker 2: One in the history of the NFL has ever done this. No because I'm super dumb.
Speaker 6: Because I get the two arguments.
Speaker 5: I get the argument, like you absolutely can be critical of saying, hey, let's just wait on this cow Boys team. Look at who if they've played. None of these teams have winning records. I get completely validated. When you're doing something that's breaking history. Why isn't somebody else doing this? Fact that no doubt the fact all you got here? What kind of sticker is this?
Speaker 7: This is a mango on a sunny day, and there's a big mango, there's a small mango, and there's an.
Speaker 4: Umbrella being held by the larger mango. You guys know who. There's to the who these two mangos are. Who are they?
Speaker 7: Mcarthy and dak Is under the protection of coach McCarthy and these two are are two PE's and a pot and they're doing one egg of a job.
Speaker 6: I wasn't expecting mangos underneath one umbrella.
Speaker 7: They're on one accord and these dudes are doing the dog one thing.
Speaker 4: Coach McCarthy, Dakota Prescott, that's going did that? Well?
Speaker 2: Oh god, nicely done. That's funny, Sally done, That's funny.
Speaker 8: Are we just adding to the middle. Yeah, it looks like it just go down.
Speaker 3: We're starting to run out a room, which is a good problem to have. All Right, I've got a strawberry here. It looks like an angry strawberry. Serious, it is serious.
Speaker 8: We had that last week.
Speaker 4: Did that?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right there? It up front?
Speaker 3: Now that's okay. Well, I'm gonna go with it again. It's serious business for the strawberry. It's been serious business for this offensive line the last couple of weeks. They've they've continued to block for dak Prescott nearly two hundred snaps without being sacked.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to give this.
Speaker 3: To the entire offensive line. They've done a great job of protecting dak Prescott. Maybe a little angry from some of the early critiques that they had. Well, they've lived up to the expectation recently.
Speaker 4: You know what we need to start doing?
Speaker 7: What's that we need to start like getting a fine fine point Panis start writing on there like what who is who it was?
Speaker 5: I really wondering that about that one on the back that looks like an entire offensive line.
Speaker 4: This one was that was me?
Speaker 9: Yeah, because he had like an eye appointment or something.
Speaker 8: That's what it was.
Speaker 9: Sunglass and somebody came in on the text sign was like, Kyle needs a smelly sticker.
Speaker 2: That one on the back, that's the only one I've ever got.
Speaker 8: I can't get one for hot.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think you.
Speaker 2: I think this was you?
Speaker 4: Was that me?
Speaker 7: I think?
Speaker 8: So, okay, we'll shoot, I'll take you thing here.
Speaker 9: I am trying to get to uh, speaking of guys who would not typically get smelly stickers, I'm gonna go a little bit off off page a little bit.
Speaker 8: Are there other guys?
Speaker 9: Yeah, of course, are there guys that probably you know, deserved it more?
Speaker 8: Maybe so. Michael Parsons has a lot of stickers on here.
Speaker 9: You know, Jack, he's gonna get more throughout the year, and who knows, Shack Lyndard might get one or two. But uh, this uh, this this peach and it's like a ripe peach.
Speaker 8: It's a golden peach.
Speaker 9: And you know what's golden lightning lightning in a bottle, and it's a very happy, jolly lightning in a bottle. And the happiest and jolly person on this team is Cavante Turpin.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I don't even see where the joke is.
Speaker 9: So I don't even see it, Like that's how bad it is. Uh, Covante Turpin. We've seen him get integrated into this offense more and more as the as the season has gone on. That seam route was absolutely beautiful on Thursday, and it allowed for the Turkey leg moment. So Cavante's turping this. This smelly sticker is for you.
Speaker 7: And shout out to Turp too, man, because you talk about somebody who came in and was an all pro as akuk returner, and that's pretty much the role that he was placed in last year. And the one comment that he had obviously coming into training camp was that he wanted to become a real receiver in his office, he wanted to become a dependable resource as a receiver, like I know I could return the ball, but I want to be a receiver.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly what he's doing right now.
Speaker 7: So shout out to him for a seting a goal and actually like making making good with it.
Speaker 5: He is probably I'm trying to think right now if there's anybody that tops him in the locker room in terms of before you walk in the locker room, you tell somebody like you got to find somebody in there that's in a good mood. And it's like, so the people I'm thinking of, I'm thinking of him. Tyler Smith yep, Dak is almost always positive. Yeah, Jordan Lewis is usually in a pretty good mood.
Speaker 8: Jalen Tolbert, Jalen Brooks.
Speaker 6: But Don for Sudan is.
Speaker 8: Mos terrified of us, That's the funny thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he is.
Speaker 5: But the Turpin would be my probably my number one, because he just actually seems like he's in a really good mood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a good locker room, It really is.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of those guys that kind of feed off of each.
Speaker 2: Other in the locker room. They do a really good job.
Speaker 3: So there are the smelly stickers from the forty five to ten win. Hopefully we'll do this again on Friday.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 8: We do have a show on Friday this week?
Speaker 2: Yes we do.
Speaker 8: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: Yes, we're looking forward to this.
Speaker 5: I don't usually participate in Fridays. I know I'm looking forward to this immediate postgame reaction.
Speaker 2: Let's ride. That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: All right, We've got immediate pregame festivities on Thursdays, Yes, m Central time again. I want to remind you if you're going to the stadium, we'll be out there. Isaiah Barry Church, Nate.
Speaker 2: Newton, Nicole Hutcheson, maybe little Nick Harris.
Speaker 6: Maybe we're at where are we talking about?
Speaker 3: We're usually we're in the AT and T East Plaza, so the opposite of the middle of Whitehouse, right, But if it's storming, where will you all be?
Speaker 2: We would be on the field. It'd be a little more it would be a little bit more Confusedly.
Speaker 6: That put you by sky Mere?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yeah, skyerhind Yeah, okay.
Speaker 9: Does anyone else a story behind sky Mere? Like is there a story behind it? Like why it exists?
Speaker 2: I think it's just an art sculpture.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a reason.
Speaker 2: There is a reason.
Speaker 6: I think, Like if you take I don't know something with like a picture or something like that.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Like there is something about if you ever get in a group like take a picture with it, like the way that it like shows the sky like in the background of the picture, and it is good for for taking poses and front.
Speaker 6: I know a lot of fans do that when they're there.
Speaker 5: I think that that's one of the reasons they put it there, is because it's a good piece to kind of like you ever seen like that bean that's in Chicago like that, you know.
Speaker 2: So I think artist, Oh, okay, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: It is a good spot, especially with the fountain being there. If you're going to take group picture whatever, you take a picture. I haven't, but I think people should do that and then come see you guys.
Speaker 8: We should take a group picture of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 2: Let's take a Talking to Cowboys group picture.
Speaker 4: I love that idea.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be back tomorrow nine am Central time to break down a little QB vision and then give our picks for the game, and then we'll do picks for the NFL on Friday, the rest of the NFL on Friday.
Speaker 2: But we've got plenty more.
Speaker 3: To talk about this week here on Talking Cowboys for Chris Beam in the back, Isaiah Standback, John Manchoda, Nick Harris, and Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: We'll see you tomorrow with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.