Speaker 1: It's nine O Gene one O Lengine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. Get ready, you guys, we are on to episode twenty four of season seven. We're so close.
Speaker 2: You sound really excited.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: How excited A were you about this episode? Though?
Speaker 1: About this episode? Was I do you think I should have been excited?
Speaker 2: So we've determined at this point that you were Pregger's yes, right, So I gotta say I have a lot to say about that coming up. And I had my eyeball on my belly.
Speaker 1: You did. I only thought about it for one second at the very very end.
Speaker 2: Well, Amy said we had to get on bump watch, so I was doing my job. Aka, I wasn't that interested in this episode.
Speaker 1: More interested in watching the bump. Okay, when did you see it?
Speaker 2: I didn't see it.
Speaker 1: Oh well there you go. There you go, no pump yet, but I.
Speaker 2: Saw them trying to maybe hide something. But then you want to dress on and you had nothing there.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. It's definitely coming.
Speaker 2: It's coming, so look for it.
Speaker 1: You can't stop it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's there. Was fall now, but we're we were still on track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we're this is spring nope, yeap aired in April. Okay, so let's let's do this right. Episode twenty four, Spring Breakdown aired April second, nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. Tracy tags along to Hong Kong for spring break, but Jim can see right through Brandon's phony baloney. Kelly drowns her sorrows in diy and drinking. Valerie is exposed but wiggles her way into Rob's heart and his wallet, while Donna wants her d at home, but Felice's bedside manner gets in the way.
Speaker 1: Directed by Charles Correll, Written by Greg plage Man and John Eisendrath. I feel bad.
Speaker 2: I don't remember hella play, that's what they are calling it.
Speaker 1: So we're just giving him little shadow teleplane.
Speaker 2: Jen, what does that mean exactly? So he it was his story idea, but John wrote it. I bet it was his story idea.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, John came in to find you, tune it or manipulate it into what he wanted.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, gotcha? Well, your sexy boyfriend's back.
Speaker 1: My boyfriend Jim Walsh, Oh my god, hows no suspenders?
Speaker 2: Sorry, my friend?
Speaker 1: But all right, he wasn't wearing suspenders. But I was really happy to see him.
Speaker 2: I was happy to see him too. It made me okay, so can we talk about that storyline? First, Brandon and Tracy his plus one go to visit Jim. No Cindy because she's in London visiting Brenda for spring break.
Speaker 1: She's in London visiting Brenda.
Speaker 2: First of all because Brenda has Mono.
Speaker 1: Right, But they just didn't want to pay for two guest stars.
Speaker 2: I know it made me say, maybe.
Speaker 1: She wasn't available. Okay, I don't know, because this was when wasn't this when Carol was getting like her doctorate or something wasn't there but like she was going back to school and back to work. I'm pretty sure, but who knows. I bet she would have come if she had the opportunity.
Speaker 2: I know it did make me sad seeing Jim and Brandon.
Speaker 1: Together though, I know, and it felt like I loved it, But I also it also made me sad.
Speaker 2: Because now they're friends as your friend one more time as your friend as.
Speaker 1: Your friend, they're not friends, I know.
Speaker 2: I guess when your kids at that age, you got to say.
Speaker 1: It did feel good though, like that comfortability you could feel it with him and his dad.
Speaker 2: For sure, and Jim knows that you're the one. Kelly's the one.
Speaker 1: How does he know?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Moms and Dad's always known that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh Jim. Yeah. It goes so far as to ask Brandon, uh, if he's over Kelly and he said, oh, am I my exsess keeper.
Speaker 2: Gotta be honest. I didn't love the way that Brandon's character was written this episode. Yeah, I don't know. He's always so likable, and I felt like, I mean, he says like Tercy cares about him, he cares a little bit less than that. But it made me feel sad the way he's treating her.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm like, why are you stringing this girl like this? Poor I'm sorry to say, but kind of pathetic, like pick me, pick me like girl, and it's really upsetting me.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree, And I just felt like, I don't know. He could have waited and he didn't tell her. Jim says, you gotta tell her. He's waiting till they came back from Hong Kong. But he's not very kind to her, and she's like, are you just stringing me along to an? Another one comes along and he's like no, no, but he's almost barking at her.
Speaker 1: Because he knows another one's not coming along right.
Speaker 2: He's not lying, it's you right by.
Speaker 1: Somebody coming back. But it was weird also that she went back and bought that book because it's strung it struck a chord in her. I wouldn't buy that book if it was about my love torn between two women. I'd be like, get that book away from me. I don't want to ever see it again.
Speaker 2: What do you think she's ultimately going to do with that book?
Speaker 1: Put it under her pillow? I don't know. Like this girl, I'm not sure. I don't get her. I don't get her. It makes me really sad to see her not know her worth and not recognize that she's being strung along. She knows it, she does, but she's not standing up for herself at all, and that's upsetting well.
Speaker 2: I feel like in that scene, perhaps if it had been written differently, she would have stood.
Speaker 1: Up for herself, that it would have been there.
Speaker 2: I really had no choice in the writing of what to do, I guess, and.
Speaker 1: But as it's written, it makes me bummed out.
Speaker 2: Definitely, because when she hugs him, I don't know or maybe it could have been played a little differently. I don't know. When she hugs him, she seems to think from what I saw that it is going to work out.
Speaker 1: Yep, that look of hopeful on her face and like, but his.
Speaker 2: Words were so yeah, yeah, this is Scott.
Speaker 1: She needs to read between these lines.
Speaker 2: It's a long flight home.
Speaker 1: By the way, ooh, do you know something? Maybe not, something happened on the plane?
Speaker 2: What we don't tell me? Okay, keep giving me him.
Speaker 1: No, you just said it's a long flight home. So I'm like, wait, what happens on the plane?
Speaker 2: I thought your journey to dark my memory. I'm like, wait, no, I'm asking you to jar my memory. No, nothing, I don't think anything. Okay, if this show is going the way it's been going this season so far, we will start next week's episode and they'll be home. Yeah, so no mention that plane ride.
Speaker 1: That's true. But what if you did go on like a whatever. How many hours is that flight? Eighteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I thought he said fourteen hours, but it's more or fourteen different times.
Speaker 1: But what if you did break up with a guy on an airplane you had to sit with him for the next fourteen hours?
Speaker 2: I had an assistant once break up with me on an airplane and then I had to sit next to her for another five hours.
Speaker 1: Wait, how'd I go?
Speaker 2: You know me? I was scared to say anything. I was like and it was a really bumpy flight, and I was really scared. And you know, I would be holding if you're right there, like holding on to you, and I couldn't turn and hold on door. I just had to like hold myself and be.
Speaker 1: Like, it's gonna be okay, It's gonna be okay, hold myself. I can picture it. But that would be rough. That would be rough. So we know that he's not over Kelly, and we know for sure that Kelly's not over him because she is pine and hard in this episode, Like finally it's she's realizing it.
Speaker 2: I like that you said pining hard, which ironically you're doing all this hard de why on this chair?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Which is so what I would do if you had to distract yourself from thinking about your problems. I do pretty much every day, actually start a new project, like, oh, I'm gonna sand this ceramic pot down and repaint it. That's what's happening today. Actually go f.
Speaker 2: That part of the storyline, very on point with you in real life. The dry I was totally into that. Then we go to the after Steve sits on and.
Speaker 1: I like that part. And then they go to the party and she gets tips a. First of all, she's a bosh like the whole time, Like I was kind of like, whoa, Kelly, relaxed a little because you're kind of embarrassing me.
Speaker 2: I thought she was great.
Speaker 1: I don't know, she was just she was like in Your Dreams pal like I like that barthough, yeah.
Speaker 2: Me too. That was still likable even when she was bitter throughout the party. And we're talking about the after dark party that Valerie is throwing beer, naked ladies are playing and it's for Rob's new movie. She talked to me because she took money.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh So who is the boy you were with the whole time?
Speaker 1: How do I know?
Speaker 2: I don't know there, Let's look him up.
Speaker 1: Scott Gurney, that's his name, the actor that played Pete.
Speaker 2: I thought he was going to come in for that one beat and that in Your Dreams, but like he last the entire episode.
Speaker 1: She didn't find anything better to focus on, so she wouldn't have to Pete Pete Scott. Sorry, yeah, I thought it was pretty funny though. When she was like, Claire's like, you don't even know him, she goes, yes, I do. As she walks over, she's like, what's your name? By the way, I thought that was funny, and then she loses her ring and loses her at the same time.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, that was the whole reason. That was the whole setup for having Scott. I found Scott Gurney?
Speaker 1: Where'd you find him?
Speaker 2: Right here?
Speaker 1: What's up to?
Speaker 2: Well? He's an American executive producer, writer, director, actor, model, and entrepreneur. Created several television series and documentaries.
Speaker 1: Ooh, that's crazy. That's a lot of hyphenates.
Speaker 2: He was in a movie in two thousand and one called The Fluffer? Do you want fluffer is?
Speaker 1: Unfortunately I learned what a fluffer is on the set of nine two one. Oh yeah, this is where I learned all the things that I couldn't have learned.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Do you remember the boys used to be like very into Maybe this is the nineties thing. They were just learning the terms of different sexual things. Everything had like a name for it.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? I?
Speaker 2: Oh, like I don't know, like I just remember them talking and they'd be like, what's the different. They'd all be laughing and we're just kind of standing there like ooh, it's uncomfortable. And they'd be like it's called the dirty Sanchas. Do you remember things like that? You do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I do, unfortunately, yeah.
Speaker 2: Or they say to us like have you ever done this? And you're like trying to be cool and you're like, I don't know what is it? And then they take your like no, no, no, I've never done that.
Speaker 1: I've ever done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's so many things I want to unlearn from that life. But it's so funny you say that, because just the other like two days ago, I was in the car with Dave and he said something and I made like a I said, like a zinger come back like something totally not like me, like kind of like dude like and he was like, did you learn that on the set in the nineties? And I was like, oh, probably, I wish I could ever thought it was though it was something like yeah that's what she said or something, you know, like stupid.
Speaker 2: Like right, oh my gosh. Yeah. They would just teach us like hundreds of different things, and they thought it was so funny all these terms of different acts. Anyway, Yeah, really, okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Kelly's not over Brandon either. I like the sweet scene with Steve me too. They have good sweet scenes together, they really do. And I thought he was really good in that scene. Yeah, it was, I just too felt very natch.
Speaker 2: So wait, how much did we estimate that that ring probably cost originally when Brandon bought it?
Speaker 1: We did that, we broke it down.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Amy always does that, so I feel like she might have said it was like thirty thousand or something.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, wait, First of all, where's Amy? We started without her? Hold on Amy?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Imagine we're like, oh my god, No, I'm just kidding. Amy's taking care of something right now. She might pop in. She might not, So if you are missing her, I'm sorry. We're sorry. It's just us.
Speaker 2: But I worry though. If she were here right now, she would really say that the show's jumping some sharks here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. We have to just stop letting her say that.
Speaker 2: I mean, why do you think it's convincing us? Then?
Speaker 1: Yes, because if you listen to her narrative, then you have to just have our own, like we can't be persuaded by this all this shark jumping talk. Okay, I don't feel like it's jumping any sharks.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. I'm not loving the episodes, the last three. There's moments I love. I don't know. You're right, You're right, Okay. So Kelly bought it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a lot. Oh, she bought it from a pond store. So it was like, you know, like a slice of the portion of the amount that it was originally. But I don't think it. There's no chance that Brandon bought his girlfriend a thirty thousand dollars engagement ring, is there?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's ridiculous in the nineties. Maybe I have that wrong.
Speaker 1: I would go more three thousand.
Speaker 2: Really, it's okay, fine, Yeah, depending on the cut. I don't know anything about diamonds.
Speaker 1: It might be like a grade. You know how they grade diamonds. Yeah, this is like a a D minus. Maybe he got a good deal on it, but it doesn't matter. It's the sentiment, I know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's how only do you think? Just as fans here, what's coming up is he's going to go back to try to get it back and they're gonna be like someone bought.
Speaker 1: It, oh my, and then he's gonna like, oh, it's a sign I shouldn't go back together with her. This is one one way it could go. I don't know, honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I really liked it around your neck. I didn't really No, did you feel strangled by it?
Speaker 1: I don't love a ring on a chain personally, but you know what, now that I'm thinking about it, it kind of works.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just it's hard for me because my mom wears her my Dad's ring around her neck. Okay, I don't love it. I don't know why, but she loves it, and that's all that matters for sure.
Speaker 2: So okay, So but she just I feel like she just dropped it in that box though, like.
Speaker 1: You, I wanted to see. They didn't have like coverage of her face. M They just had like weird over the shoulder because she was facing inside the closet. Maybe I don't know, but it was a little weird. She just tossed it in there.
Speaker 2: You know, you probably weren't the only one that noticed that, and they were like, oh, gikes, we don't have that coverage and then they're.
Speaker 1: All just like me, oh god, that's.
Speaker 2: You're right, that's really important coverage to have. Is your reaction putting it away in a box?
Speaker 1: Yeah, heads were rolling. They were like, you didn't get the.
Speaker 2: Shot, oh man, But she didn't put in anything like God forbid if anyone to come in, like maybe if a door wasn't locked, like on Rob Andrew's house that they just walk out of and don't lock a door. You know you saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, And I don't think he's in the best neighborhood of La.
Speaker 2: Well, we determined that house is an Eagle Rock correct.
Speaker 1: Did you go rocks pretty good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, which is where we filmed a lot of our stuff. So that house is still standing. Sorry, we're we done with your storyline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're so done.
Speaker 2: Going to val and Rob Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I was happy to see him in a tank top. I was happy to see him without a shirt on. I was just happy to see him. Honestly, he was a.
Speaker 2: Perk in this episode. Just gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: He really felt like they got along well, I know, like I felt like there might be a little chemistry adjacent. I don't know.
Speaker 2: She was real wrapped up in that sheet.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So people immediately get it. I know, I felt like she was tripping on it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was who gets your naked right and you get out of bed, but you're perfectly wrapped up like a burrito in the sheet like what There must have been a lot of tossing and turned into make that happen, but a lot of rolling around.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's other ways to do it, but yes, they would always do that. Have you wrapped yourself and it just makes absolutely no sense.
Speaker 1: No sense. Yeah, but it's one way to shoot a scene where you're supposed to be naked.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: It always looks fake. I don't know, it always looks fake.
Speaker 2: I mean she could have just gotten up and trailed it behind it. I don't know. Yeah, have you ever done that like the scene?
Speaker 1: No, in real life? Have you ever been like.
Speaker 2: Take someone's sheet or my own nervous to get stand up the bath and yeah, of course of course. But I guess I never thought there was a way unless you just rip the whole shit off the bed and wrap it around and walk to go to the bathroom or go to the door. I don't know. What do boys do. They have it so much easier.
Speaker 1: They just get out of bed naked. They don't care.
Speaker 2: And I feel like we're a little bit kinder about it because we know, like, oh, maybe that's weird, or you could be uncomfortable about, you know, being naked in front of me, So you don't look down, like you don't look up. I mean you kind of like look down. But a man, if you get out of bed, no matter what, they always stare right at you. Well hello, and then you're like, don't look, don't look at me. But they always love.
Speaker 1: I thought he was especially attractive thing in the morning.
Speaker 2: He looked great, his great dimples.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so is he coming back? Do you know?
Speaker 2: Well? It was four episodes total, and I feel like I feel like he has one more.
Speaker 1: Why does he forgive her? Like I don't know that she's so dirty rotten that she she sent the date off, which I gotta like that part.
Speaker 2: So Alan, the manager shows up and has a date for Rob to the after Dark. First of all, Valerie got him to go to this.
Speaker 1: He paid her ten k, right, this is one of the one of the reasons he paid her ten k. They just basically get him to do whatever his manager wants them to do. How do you get out of that? She like, I don't know. She's like, I want to tell you why I did it, and.
Speaker 2: He goes, oh, I bet you do. But that's it and they walked away. But even okay, I mean that very nineties sweater. I liked that that she shows up at his house with a red rose. But he she doesn't say, but I'm going to give the money back? Does she? Ever? She says, I took the money so I could show.
Speaker 1: You that he's a like a yeah creep.
Speaker 2: But at no point did she say that show about her such a double standard. Ees. Yes, I found who pages Paige Rollin. She's married to Michael.
Speaker 1: Diats what how did you wow? I feel like And when we talked to Michael deads Yes we also spoke to her, Yes we did, and we saw her. He did a good job. Yeah, that's a good memory right there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he fires Alan, Thank god you know who?
Speaker 1: Alan reminded me of who Valerie's other boyfriend, the money man, Kenny Kenny. That seemed kind of like, yeah, okay, didn't trust him. He had that untrustworthy look.
Speaker 2: So well played. Richard Hurst as Alan Black. Okay, he looks familiar too. But so now Valerie is going to be Rob's manager, I mean, the hottest news star in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wait, they said that she's going to be his manager.
Speaker 2: She was like, oh, I don't know anything about being manager and he's like, you're all I've got. Oh god, I'm like hello, I'm sure there's fifty million that are waiting and he must have an agent. At this point, I would think this isn't going to end. Well, oh, well, we know it actually one episode left.
Speaker 1: So you think that they hired the Bear Naked Ladies to play at the party for Rob because.
Speaker 2: Because Jason's friends with them.
Speaker 1: As I was singing that the whole time, and I remember thinking like, okay, they're a Canadian band for those of you that don't know. And Jason was very fond of them as a youngster and was friendly and they became huge, and then they became huge, like in their country, really huge, yes, but in the States not as much.
Speaker 2: You think, what's the one song that's so.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me let me sing it for you. Uh, I can't, I can't do it. I don't even know. There's three they sang They sang three songs in this episode, by the way, which I felt like I was. Every time something would happen, they would just cut back to the bear naked ladies still sing. They sang three songs. One was called Brian Wilson, does that rang a bell?
Speaker 2: One week? One week? And that one y that's the big one saying it Laurens saying one week was the big big one.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that goes.
Speaker 2: We looked at me one week in the marry.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, that's great. Learn thanks so much for your help.
Speaker 2: Oh, if I had a million, Eastern saying million dollars, that's the one. Remember we used to seeing now on set. Nope, I'd buy you a contest if I had a million dollars. I'd buy you a lot more than that if I had a million dollars. But remember anyway, they were very excited though.
Speaker 1: But they were fun to watch. I gotta tell you they was infectious because they were jumping around having the best time.
Speaker 2: They really were. I wanted to ask you something, what do we have another storyline?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You were saying, how much do you think bal paid to get them on to play there for his party? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know I just found it was an interesting choice.
Speaker 2: Of them, but it got the crowd going. So did you you like these things? Did you notice there was like some people were really like jumping around, and then there was one guy that was, like, you know in real life, was like, oh my gosh, I don't like dancing.
Speaker 1: They made me stand here apparely.
Speaker 2: Moving, and of course I was like, oh, be lying focused on him.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know it. I'm just kind of I've got to be honest, I'm kind of tired of having parties at the beat Pad, Like I'd like to s agree.
Speaker 2: Where do you want to party then?
Speaker 1: And do you know how many I mean you do how many nightclubs or venues there are in La? Like? Why do they go into the same one? I'm bored because.
Speaker 2: We built the set we have to use now it's a big ass set. Like what the heck? I know what you mean? Well, we got some dim sum thrown in there that made me happy those homes.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, speaking of dim sum, Yeah, what about that the b roll footage of Hong Kong? Was that real? Or was that just like Tryina Town downtown La?
Speaker 2: I do not know, but I'm gonna guess it was the stock footage, so it had to have been real. They didn't send a crew downtown in LA to film it. No, no one went to Hong Kong.
Speaker 1: I just felt like they kept showing the same intersection over and over.
Speaker 2: Because it would have cost more to keep buying that stock footage. And they had to pay the Bear Naked Ladies a lot to sing three songs.
Speaker 1: How much? How much is a lot?
Speaker 2: I don't know. You just told me your engagement ring was not thirty thousand dollars, so I do not know how much the Bear Naked Ladies were.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing they did it as a favor for Jason because they were really close friends.
Speaker 1: And HI huge opportunit unity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, I'm minimalizing us in the show, the biggest show and the biggest show. You're right in the world at that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have been like, i'll play, I'll pay for my hotel, let me be on the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're right, you're right. We gave a shout out to Beverly Hilton. That's where Valerie sent Heather off too. Yeah, how much do you think she tipped that driver when she said and make sure there's a lot of traffic.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say she gave them twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: She gave multiple bills. Okay, you think it was like fives, Like I just had to count in my head how many fives it would on my fingers. Actually it would be.
Speaker 1: You know what, that's a good hack whenever you have to tip somebody, just tip them in like smaller bills and then waded up so that it seems like a lot for.
Speaker 2: Your hand, just like filing and off, like sumbing it off, and then you roll it up and hand it to them and they're like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y and later they get home open it.
Speaker 2: It's ten dollars in one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But back then, I guess I feel like twenty dollars was a big tip, but it was probably more than that. You're right, it was.
Speaker 2: A big, long black limo.
Speaker 1: What is going on with tipping? By the way, what do you mean? Have you been out in the world.
Speaker 2: You know, not often lately? Wait are you telling me tipping is not I still tip? Don't you tip? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not the problem now. Okay, So even when you go to buy a smoothie and you order it the counter and bless their hearts, they make it. They they are they get the tip thing on the computer. Before the credit card reader thing or Apple pay, there was never like you just left a tip or some extra cash or in the jar or something, right, But now you can't buy a stick of gum without being asked what you would like to tip? Would you like to tip? Now it's eighteen, twenty or twenty five percent?
Speaker 2: It's outrageous. So no longer you're during the tap, which we have on our phones now, and then I feel guilty because they're standing there. But then if you think about it, like if you're buying a pack of gum, like it's not wild to tip twenty percent. It's like a dollar or something, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 1: Who's getting the tip for the gum? Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, you're saying it's something a little fishy that it's going on.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's fishy because I know with like Dave's Dave's Bar, all the tips are gathered and calculated and everybody splits them. So the more tips the better for everybody.
Speaker 2: Right, But he's on. So if it were like a convenience store, who knows.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think I should tip at a convenience store. I'm sorry, I just don't. That's the that undermines the whole concept of it being a convenient.
Speaker 2: Today. I'm funny, yeah, punny, pe punny.
Speaker 1: I do say, though, I found out my friend told me that she's like a server, waitress, like hostess. She does all the things. And she moved to New Mexico and she gets the un no, the servers and the people that get tips. Maybe are you ready for this? That's two dollars an hour?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: What that is the rate for servers at least in the restaurant industry. That's what she works in. They get two dollars an hour and then they make tips. So remember that when you're tipping, and when I'm complaining about tipping, that there are people that they are basically surviving off your tips because the wages are not enough to live by.
Speaker 2: So what is minimum wage? How is that?
Speaker 1: Even in LA it's like seventeen something? Uh currently? And then but why how could it be two dollars?
Speaker 2: Two dollars in New Mexico?
Speaker 1: But I Dave was trying to explain to me, it's got something to do with whether you make tips or not. Oh really, I still think you should just get paid minimum wage and then tips are the cherry on top, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What is the minimum wage in New Mexico.
Speaker 1: Ooh ooh, good idea.
Speaker 2: For a.
Speaker 1: Person who gets tipped. What are you seeing.
Speaker 2: Three dollars per hour?
Speaker 1: You were, oh my god, what is now?
Speaker 2: Well it says the minimum wage in January twenty twenty three is twelve dollars per hour and for tipped employees. Oh, you're right, and Dave, oh my gosh, is that wild? So if you're but is it a question when you choose to work there, do you want to get paid, you know, twelve dollars an hour or do you want to get paid three three dollars an hour? If you're going to take tips?
Speaker 1: I mean you probably would have to do the math at that point figure it out, because it sounds like taking the tips you might end up making more just the tip.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was like, girl, I know, I can't you sorry, but I told I was like, girl, you better be doing some dancing, get some get those tips, like give the people what they want. She's like, I'm trying, believe me.
Speaker 2: That sounds horrible, and I feel bad for your friend. I feel like you would have to disclose to people, which doesn't feel right. But I'd be like, hey, you know making two to three dollars an hour if you like me, Like, oh, I'd be trying real hard. Yeah, how do you afford anything? That's just so, this country is a little whack right now? Do we have any more storyline? Sorry?
Speaker 1: What about Claire and Steve? Did they have anything to do?
Speaker 2: They were there to serve you.
Speaker 1: Yep, they were there for Kelly's storyline. They had nothing to do. Donna, Oh, Donna really wants her dad to recover at home. We didn't talk about that yet, we didn't. But police wants to send him to rehab. And for a moment, like I I could put myself in Donna's shoes as the daughter of the man that needs is it in the hospital? Like I got that's her dad. But at the same time, I was like, but out, you're a child. You don't understood. Yeah, it's not you don't understand what they're dealing with. And I was at first, I was like, is this when mommy has an affair? Nope, No, that was season Oh my god, that already happened.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, is another one does she.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I just felt like she was. I don't know, but it just came from her fear of not being able to take care of him, which is a genuine.
Speaker 2: Thing, completely relatable and personal. David is very helpful in this episode. Why we is this entire episode in one day because Donna never changes outfits.
Speaker 1: No, the bare naked ladies are playing all day, all night.
Speaker 2: They kept playing. It wasn't just three times, that's all we saw in one hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one really long day in Hong Kong. Like they get there at the crack of dawn, no jet lag, Nope, they go all day, they go hard, and then Brandon and Dad go to the bar after she's already gone home. Oh so it's all one day.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I kind of like when episodes all happened one day.
Speaker 2: Really well, it didn't feel fast. I'm gonna tell you that. I was happy to see Donna and her mom have a moment together where I felt like Felice was human. That was good to see. I feel like she's going to be headed in the right direction now. With David, I mean, he's really helping and going above and beyond, looking into all the care products, the equipment that could be put in the house and everything. I don't know what's gonna happen, but I'm a little nervous because I just saw the name of the next episode.
Speaker 1: Oh what is it?
Speaker 2: Heaven Sent? And I'm very nervous.
Speaker 1: Wait what the next episode that we're going to recap is called Heaven Sent? Is episode twenty five, you guys for next week? But why are you nervous? Do you think he goes to heaven?
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Loreene, you said we are going to love it. Can you give us a hint?
Speaker 1: I'm excited to love it. Let's just say Tracy, Oh, I don't know. Something with Tracy and Brandon.
Speaker 2: Mm hm, boy got chills.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I'm glad because this felt so fillery. This episode felt it was like filler for your dad, like to get better, I know, filler for even for like the relationship of Val and Cutie Pie. It felt filler for Stephen, like felt filler for Kelly and Brandon's story. Like I just felt like, oh, come on, do something.
Speaker 2: So wait, Okay, so if it aired, sorry, I'm just gonna back this real quick if it aired April April, so would it have been a double up we would have filmed. Oh gosh, what's the reason it's a filler? You're right, it is a filler episode? Why though?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I guess they have an something that they have planned that they're getting to in storylines, but they just have to have all this blah blah blah to get there. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I know what's kind of coming. So I do love the Kelly Brandon stuff because it gives me something as a fan to be like psyched for it, like I know it's coming soon.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, yeah, okay, what do you rate it? What do you rate it? Oh?
Speaker 2: God, I'm sorry. I can't go above a seven, I know, and that's being really kind.
Speaker 1: There's no ten in it, no, I mean the bear Naked Ladies were fun to watch for maybe one song, but three.
Speaker 2: Shoot, why would you bring that up? Now? We have to give it up, bucket mine, they get a ten. We can't keep doing You can't separate storylines and giving tens?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: I don't know what's your gut though, Okay, take them out of it, take me your naked ladies?
Speaker 1: What would you rate this without them? Well, we did go to Hong Kong, which was a little bit exciting. Really, yeah, nothing really exciting happened there. You're right, Okay, I'm going to give it a six.
Speaker 2: And she's being nice just because she loves James.
Speaker 1: Echous so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna up it.
Speaker 1: I'm just glad that there was no little boy in this episode. No little lost boy. Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, sen.
Speaker 1: I give it a ten then, okay, what about you? You're sticking with seven.
Speaker 2: I'm sticking with seven, all right, I like, finally answer, We'll see what is sent from heaven for us for next week.
Speaker 1: Next week's meant from heaven? Heaven sent Sorry, and I'm excited to watch it. I'm really excited.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm gonna watch it right now?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Can I do that?
Speaker 2: Sure? But don't tell me what happens.
Speaker 1: We're onto the next week, so I guess it's okay.
Speaker 2: No, don't watch it right now, you'll forget my next week.
Speaker 1: That's true. I have to watch it like right before we do our Potter. Also, I'm like, wait, what happened? And no, sorry, Amy didn't show. She's a no show today. But we still love.
Speaker 2: Her, and we'll get to find out next week what she thought. We'll let her give her a recap of this week, which will probably be.
Speaker 1: Short, perfect, great. All right, guys, have a great week.