Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into the cycle, Part three of the week. I am Ryan Warmley, joined as always by Mike Mayor. If you missed our first two sections of the show, either on audio or on YouTube, be sure to go check those out. We did a little round in the bases talking some trending topics around baseball. We also did some bilos sell high and some waivers pickups for you. This is our pitching streamers and of course our two start pitcher competition is back for this year. What we've been doing this is Mayor is picking his favorite streamers kind of every day of the week. We'll highlight some of my favorites as well the ones that he's picked, and he'll throw out some honorable mentions. So we'll get into the rest of the pictures we want to talk about, Mayor, let's five indoor streamers.
Speaker 2: Sure, let's start right, And since this is going to be like three videos and three shows, should we have like a wardrobe change and you know, should we really treat it like three separate things and just like Vito Vito. Okay, by the way, we are using the Fantasy pros what is it called streaming rankings? The streaming picture tool, which is pretty cool. You can sink your leagues and it'll show you, like which of these players is actually available in your league without having to like look them all up, which is pretty cool, very handy for someone like me who's in eight leagues and I can just kind of like filter through them see who I can probably stream. So let's go through it day by day. For Monday, someone I talked about in the previous video or previous episode is Nick Martinez, and the interesting thing here is not up to a great start, but he is at the Marlins, so good matchup in a good picture friendly ballpark. However, if you have to stream weekly, he does have a second start that is supposed to come at Course Field, so you do a kind of have to take your medicine if you want to stream him and it's a weekly league. But if it's a day league, you can just stream him at Miami and then either drop him running back on your bench for that rocky start. Jose Kintana someone I'm interested in picking up this week. Also a two star pitcher this week. Not the worst matchups, not great matchups, but not terrible for Tuesday. He's streaming. He's a streaming option for someone at the San Francisco Giants. Later in the week, he has the Cardinals, who are off to a strong start on the hitter side of things. For Wednesday, David Festa against the White Sox. Just you know, every day pretty much see who's pitching against the White Sox and see if they're available, and if they are, pick them up. But David Festa also is off to a pretty good start, so good for him. Tyler Anderston I famously did not write down who's pitching against, but it looks like he's at home against the Pirates again, someone I think is off to a pretty good start that you know, is readily available. His roster. His consensus roster percentage just three percent, so that'll probably be a little bit higher in leagues on CBS, but I can't imagine it's very high. So if you need a streaming option, I think he's pretty good. Friday is a rough one. Friday I stared at for a while and I tried to think of I was missing something, And I think for the first time in his career, we might be looking at Justin Burlander as a streaming option. However, I don't feel great about it because Justin Burlander is not up to a great start and he doesn't have a great matchup. He's home against Texas Rangers.
Speaker 1: Other than that, yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you want to stream this week, maybe don't look at Friday. But I was looking at other options. It's not great out there either. There was like Fridays, Ben Brown versus the Phillies, Matthew Liberatory against the Brewers, Jake Irvining is the Mets. Bobby Miller who probably won't even be on the Dodgers at that point. Maybe whoever the Dodgers replaced Bobby Miller with against the Pirates should be your option for Friday.
Speaker 1: I think it's worth pointing out though, that sometimes the best streaming option is not streaming anybody. Yeah, right, Like, if there are literally no options, you don't have to force it just for the sake of having a streamer every day. If that's something that is a part of your approach, you can say we're taking this day off because there's just not any good options. That's that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a good point. I don't think you probably should be streaming every day. You probably get some crooked numbers if you do that. So Yeah, for this week, I would say Friday. Probably stay away from Friday. I know, sometimes you have to get creative with how you're streaming because you have like certain transaction limits or like you have certain pictures pitching on certain days, so you might only have like the ability to stream on certain days or pick up a player who like you're like, oh, I have an open spot on Wednesday kind of a thing, and so I would just get Friday this week. You know, if you have to, you know, water pistol to your head, have to stream someone, I guess justin Verlander, but I would agree with you Worm that the better option would be to not stream anyone. Saturday wasn't much better, but I did land on Edward Cabrera at the Mariners. But that's also you know one like if you do have to, I'd probably just avoid that one. And that's something I feel a little bit better about. Richard Fitz at the Cleveland Guardians. Richard Fitz's kind of just a guy, but he's been pitching like fine, he's been good for the Red Sox.
Speaker 1: I don't really have a favorite for these. It's kind of a you know, whatever week of options. I guess you did try to sell usan Jose Kintana in our previous show for this week, so maybe him, maybe Anderson actually against the Pirates I could get into.
Speaker 2: I think Anderson would be my pick. I think if you need the two starts and you need the volume, I would go with Katana. But I think if I just had to pick one, i'd probably go Anderson against the Pirates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have the matchup in the sheet, but now that I remember it's the Pirates, because you said that in your read through, I think I would go Anderson as well as my favorite there and yeah, I would, like I said, I wouldn't do anything on Friday.
Speaker 2: In some weeks, I have like an honorable mention or two. I have no honorable mentions this week because it's not a good week.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you have any dishonorable mentions.
Speaker 2: All of them? Yeah, it's just it's brutal out there. If you're looking for stream and pitching, maybe more is coming and you know, we'll see some other pitchers get dropped, but this is not the best week for it. We have some you know, potential pittures coming back from injury soon, but yeah, not great.
Speaker 1: Let's get to our two start picture competition. We do have our Week one is now in the books. Hunter Green ended up in our kind of league that we're in, which is just kind of the easiest way to track scoring and put a number to it, forty seven point six Fantasy points in his two starts. Michael King for me had forty five point seven, so a very close outing. After the first starts of each guy, it looked like Hunter Green was going to win this running away, and then Michael King goes out and throws a complete game shutout, which helped me tremendously. But ultimately, though I suppose it comes down to because those those scores are really close, it comes down to two very good starts versus one elite start, one bad one. I think I would rather have had Hunter Greens two starts this week, so I will I will see the victory in Week one. To you, and also, Hunter Green, is you know, is your guy guy? I was gonna say, I planted my flag on him, you know, from day one in this draft season, so I can't complain too much about him getting a victory.
Speaker 2: Whereas I picked him in the two start competition and then wrote him up as a cell high and dissed him last week as someone I'm selling high because of injury concerns, which is also why I used a contest.
Speaker 1: Also, I faced you last week in this league, and you have Michael King, So I was going against you know, my golden child, and you were going up against your actual starter against me. Uh So we had a lot of crossover there. So we'll give Mayor a slight edge for week one to take the victory. Still waiting to see the result of Scooble versus Max Free. We also have a note to check out. Taiwan Walker did good, so smart to not pick him.
Speaker 2: If you watched last week, you'll know why we mentioned Taiwan Walker. But there is a noe in the sheet to see how Tywin Walker did just in case. But I think we're going to be okay there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for week three, I got to the sheet first and I couldn't decide between Max Meyer or Hunter Brown, and I ultimately went with Hunter Brown, just giving them matchups against the Blue Jays and at Kansas City. Those are two of the bottom four teams in baseball and home runs this season. That appealed to me. Hunter Brown is pitched well that appealed to me, so I was between Brown and Meyer and ultimately with Brown. Mayor then came in and said, hey, actually, Hunter Brown might not be a two start pitcher because McCullers is probably coming back next week, and that will push Hunter Brown out of being a two start pitcher.
Speaker 2: Which would give you.
Speaker 1: Said. I said, I'll switch to Max Meyer then, and Mayer said, no, I already took him. As you might be able to tell, there were not a lot of good options this week. It is a horrific two start pitcher week. But I'm gonna do and I'm gonna kind of insist that you allow me to do. This is I'm gonna say, because we don't know that mccullors is coming back in so I'm gonna say Hunter Brown is my pick if he does make two starts, and this is regardless of how he performs, like, if he performs poorly, I'm still locked in him if he makes two starts. If he performs well in his one start, I'm still not allowed to use him if he gets two. If he makes two starts, I'm still picking Hunter Brown if he doesn't make that second start. Because it has not been announced about mccollors. Yet I will I will have another pick that I'm making and said, I don't know who that is gonna be. I said I was gonna decide live on the show. And I'm just still looking at these names, and just like ever, the pictures that are pretty good have bad matchups, and the pictures that have good matchups aren't any good. So I'm looking at like Kevin Gossman, who I just pitched you as a cell high. He's at the Yankees and at Houston. Like Schwellenbox had a couple downstarts, also not the easiest couple of matchups. Brandon Fotts facing the Rays and the Braves, Flahertys facing the Padres and the Orioles. I don't want really anything to do with that.
Speaker 2: You know what you're coming Bryce Miller, you know what you're coming back? Like Walker bet Right.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, Walker Bueler gets the White Sox, which is uh, you know, appealing. He also gets the the Guardians. And then Bryce Miller, who's a player I like, you know, at Boston against Miami Bailey Ober we talked a little bit in the rounding the bases. You know, he gets the White Sox and the Angels. That's not terrible. A lot of ify choices. I wish I could have gone with Max Meyer, as you've already staked your claim to who would you go with?
Speaker 2: If you were me, I would probably go with by the way. Not to spoil it for you, but I have like multiple sites open while we're doing this to see, you know, because like a lot of it's projection. You know, we're you know, we recorded this a few days early. Teams do weird things with their with their rotations all the time, so a lot of is it projecting to start pay So one of these sites does not have Bailey Obra as a two star pitcher either, Okay, so I would not pick him just for the you know, for the sake.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at fan tracks by the way, just in case anybody's wondering where I'm getting these, and yes, sometimes they are not accurate.
Speaker 2: So I think I would go if I were you with where is it I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: It feels to me like like Bryce Miller. I was gonna say, like Bryce Miller or Kevin Gossman. I feel like because Gosmin's pitched well and I almost kind of want to ride the hot streak, but I mean at Houston and at the Yankees, so that's really tough to overlook. I will go with Bryce Miller. That would be my official pick, So Bryce Miller at the Red Sox and home against the Marlins. So I'm really counting on that my official back my official backup. But yes, Hunter Brown is my If Hunter Brown makes two starts, it doesn't matter how he performs in them, he is the pick. But given that there's some uncertainty, hear, my official backup pick is Bryce Miller at the Red Sox and home against the Miami Martin.
Speaker 2: And I will say in the YouTube comments, if you want to throw out your preferred two star pitchers, you know, we'll see how they do against you know, because it's a rough week, but we can do this every week too, But throw out who you would you use this week as a two star pitcher if you were in the competition, and we'll look at some of them next week and see, you know, just how much better they would have been than the players were.
Speaker 1: Did we have any comments last week for people who wanted to pick Taiwan Walker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was overwhelming Taiwan Walker love last week. Everyone was like Wow, what a what a move. You should have used him yeah in your league and lock him in for those two starts like I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. All right, let's wrap up with some weekend excitement. Last week I sat here and said, there really wasn't a ton I was that interested in This week, I think there's a ton of fun matchups. Honestly, Friday alone, listen to some of these fun at somebody. I might be lopsided, like, I'm not saying these are all going to be like like neck and neck, but there's just a lot of fun names going ahead to head Cole Reagan's against Jackson Joe, And again, this is all Friday alone, Sandy al Katara versus Zach Wheeler. Should I have a typo in here, but Yamamoto versus Jacob de Gram and Mackenzie Gore versus Chase Dolander, who again I'm not saying it is as good as him, but just really interesting to watch those guys. So a lot of really fun matchups on Friday, and just in general, like from the series perspective, like Padre's Astros is a fun series. Rangers, Dodgers, you know, possible world series previews, so I think it's a really exciting looking weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree, and you took most of them.
Speaker 1: I only took Fridays. You could have taken anything Saturday and Sun.
Speaker 2: Well, you've mentioned the series, so like the Corvers, a lot of the series. The one thing I mentioned that I wanted to First off, it's Easter weekend, so I have young kids and they're at the age now where they're going to really enjoy Easter weekend. So I'm looking forward to that. I'm spending time with them, and from baseball perspective, Tyler Molly against the Dodgers is someone I want to watch just because he's off to a really strong start, kind of smoking mirrors like he has. He has a non elite fastball with an elite with fright. Don't know how long that's going to last. And I think this will be a test of the this blow up and he turns into a pumpkin or can he at least hold his own against probably the best offense in baseball?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is interesting one to watch as well. Which is your favorite pitching matchup with the ones I listed since I took them from you, was there one that you would have definitely picked if it was available.
Speaker 2: I think probably Yama Moto de Gram, uh, because I really like Yamamoto and then also like de Gram. You know, there's a lot of like I don't want to say, like confusion, but it's like is he going to be elite? Is he going to just work with his lower velocity? And so like, you know, can he pitch around the Dodgers? I think it'll be. You know, we're going to continue to see some interesting results out of de Gram. So this is obviously a really big early test and you know, we'll probably have some answers there.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're wrap things up there. If you missed our other segments of the cycle, be sure check them out on YouTube and also on audio. We've got the whole show split up on all platforms this week, so be sure to check out every little bit of the cycle. For Mayor, I'm Ryan Warmley. Thanks everybody for tuning in not just to this segment, but to all the segments, and be sure to drop your thoughts in the comments. Like Mayor said, in terms of your two start pitchers or any other streamers that you guys might like. We got out here on that and see again next week. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB