Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 1: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 3: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuings. See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: The playoffs are upon us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game Time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals all in prices viewed from your seat. The Lord's price Guarantee game Time. Take the guests work out of buying tickets, save even more when you choose a section and let game Time. Choose to see the lower price guaranteed or game Time will credit one and ten percent of the difference. Take the guests work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app. Create an account, use code Nightcap twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Creat an account, Redeem code Nightcap night Cap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time Today, last minute tickets lowers price guaranteed. Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you staying up later. Again with us for another episode of Nightcap. Please make sure you hit that like button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. I'm your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp. He's your favorite Number eighty five runner, Extraordinary Bengals, Ring of Fame honoree, a Pro Bowlogue All.
Speaker 1: Pro from Liberty City.
Speaker 2: He's Chad O, Jo Sinko, Risotto Johnson, and he's also my co host one half of Nightcap. Thank you guys for selling out shay by Laportier. We're taking pre orders only. We got a shipment in the other day, so we should be able to fulfill all outstanding orders. Thank you. Thank you again for your patience. I cannot thank you enough for your patience and your gratitude. Please go follow my media pages on all platforms, Shay Shape Media and my clothing company four. The handles are listed below. I would greatly greatly appreciate it. That appreciate that, Oh joll Let's jump right into it. The Celtics beat the Cavs, go on the road, take back home court one O six to ninety three. Big night for Jason Tatum. He led the Celtics in points, thirty three, rebounds, thirteen assists, six got twenty eight points from his sidekick. Hard to say he's a sidekick. Well, his co host Jaylen Brown gave him twenty eight the Celtics. There have been three Celtics with at least thirty points in twenty five games. Lad Bird, John Havlerchick, Jason Tatum. That's it. We understand the storied history of the Boston Celtics. Three players in the history of that franchise have had at least twenty five thirty point playoff games lad Bird, John Havlerchick Jason Tatum, and boy do they need it because Jason Tatum has not been playing well in these playoffs. He could ill afford to have a situation where the Cavaliers Game two go on the road so steal home court from the Celtics. But they needed this type of game from jt He gave it to him thirty three points, thirteen rebound six and says led the team in points, rebound, assists, and they snatched back home court one O six ninety three, O Jo, what did you like? What did you like tonight? From what you saw from themself?
Speaker 4: I thought, I mean, I asked you before we talked a few days ago. I mean, what were the chances in the Cavs actually winning this series, and you and Gil politely told me they don't really have a chance as long as a selfish come out and played the type of game they played the night. They need Jason Tatum to play well. I'm waiting on Derek Right to show up and do what he did the last series. Right, they had one of those shooting nights. Obviously, Drew Holliday contributed to Night his first team fifteen five and five playoff game, and that's cool. As long as Jalen Brown and Jason Tatum show up, I think the Celtics have a good chance at winning the East in general period, you know, And I mean, it was an exciting game for me.
Speaker 1: It's what I would expected.
Speaker 4: Again, I hear a lot of people, a lot of people get upset at me about me not having a knowledge for the game of basketball. But I'm learning, and I'm learning really well. You know, you can tell because I'm talking fucking fast. When I'm talking fast, I know what I'm talking about because I watched and they did my homework, So I then did my homework to Night and listen to sell some deal what they need to do again, Dereck White. I need to see the Derek White that I saw in the last series that was a fishing from the field. I mean tonight he was only four for thirteen, he only had twelve points. But I need to see the guy shooting and being the fishing, driving to putting the ball on the floor, driving to the basket that I saw against that I saw against in the last series.
Speaker 1: And that's pretty much it. I like the Calves again.
Speaker 4: When I look at the Calves, if Garlet is not on, if Garlet is not playing well, I see the Calves as the one headed muster led by Donovan. Yeah, and he cannot, he cannot. He just cannot do it by hisself. It has to be a complete team effort. And what I've learned about basketball is night in the night out, they're ups and down. Sometimes you cold, sometimes sometimes you sometimes you warm. Sometimes you're on, sometimes you're off. So I mean, it got to be a collective different from the Caves if they're going to want to stay in this series and make it at least a challenge.
Speaker 1: No, for the better part, Well, they got thirty three.
Speaker 2: We know they got sixty one from their dynamic duo Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown. But Holiday shifted in tonight. He was seven or ten from the floor, three or four from the three point line. He had eight rebounds and five assaists. Derek White, as you mentioned, he gave him twelve points. But as long as one of those other two, long as either Derek White a Holiday comes along, can give them somewhere eighteen to twenty. Because but they really need Jason Tatum. They're not gonna win. They're not gonna win with Jason Tatum unless he can produce at a very high level. And that he's the call. He's the he's the key that turns this thing. Yes, we know Jaylen Brown. I look I like Jaylen Brown. I think he's more athletic. He can get to the rim, he can finish. But j T man, he has it all. He got the mid range, you can shoot the three. He can finish with either hand. And you know a lot of times the night he was taking the challenge. You know he's taking Donovan mentioned he's playing Garland. They was doing a lot of it. We got they switch everything, They switch everything, and that's why that's what makes them so unique. You gotta all an all NBA defender. Holiday, you got an All NBA defender and Derrick White, Tatum and and JB. They're bad athletic. They can switch. Al Horford is a premier defender, so they like to switch everything. They don't like to trap anybody. They don't like to blitz anybody. They feel they can take anybody one on one and do a great job.
Speaker 1: Of neutralizing them.
Speaker 2: But as long as Tatum and Brown play like their play and they can get Dereck White or or Holiday to come along with them, they're gonna be just fine. I just don't I just don't think the Cavs have enough offense, especially with Garland not playing as well as he needs to play to go along with Donovan uh because Spider gonna give you what he does.
Speaker 1: Spider is a playoff.
Speaker 2: He's a big time playoff guy, and he's gonna give you great production. Garland can't give you feel team when a guy he need to give you twenty five because if one guy give you thirty three, because you see what you got from the Peltics Big two, you got sixty one, the other team gave you forty eight.
Speaker 1: The other Big two gave you forty eight.
Speaker 4: Now and listen not it all comes to fruition. Now it makes sense to me when we talk about NBA players, And obviously I'm from the outside looking in. Now I'm learning a little bit learning. I'm learning a little bit more now that I'm somewhat submerg into it and learn the ins and outs and the nuance of the game of basketball. Now I see with the inconsistencies in the playoffs where you can't rely on everybody some some teams have a one headed monster, some have a two, sometimes have a three. And even if you have a three headed monster, the inconsistency from the top players ain't always consistent as it should be. Now I see why certain players always want to have a super team.
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 4: Now, if I know I get somebody that's that can be efficient eighty nine ninety percent of the time, I think my chances are better as opposed to playing with role players that are off and on each and their you never know what.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because role players normally play better at home than on the road. And another thing.
Speaker 1: Is because matters in basketball too. Hell yeah, it matters. Wait, I'm confused. Crowd noise doesn't effect you playing the game of basketball.
Speaker 2: Are they just play better for whatever reason? Role players play better at home than they do on the role Also, also, you cut your bench, where in the regular season you might play nine to ten. Now you're gonna play eight. Now you're gonna play seven, and so now you really need those guys to play because you're not gonna get the Now you're not gonna have the depth on the bench that you normally would have. So now you really need your players to play well. And guys that come in off the bench, you need them to play their role and do what they normally do in the regular season.
Speaker 4: So the length of time when so the length of time they play when the playoffs comes, it increases.
Speaker 2: No, the bitch, you cut your bench, so you might play ten guys in the regular season, you're gonna cut that down to seven and eight.
Speaker 1: That's infusing me.
Speaker 2: So you got okay, you start five and so you might have a ten man rotation. Once the playoffs start, you're gonna cut that down to eight, maybe even seven, because your guys are gonna play more minutes. You're gonna see guys playing in the forties forty two, forty four, you see a Josh Hart play three four games where he plays all forty forty eight minutes. So the guys that you normally like your bitch, normally ten d yes, they're not gonna get those minutes because your star playoffs are gonna play more minutes. And the two or three guys that you play coming off the bench, they're gonna be in the high twenties, maybe even thirties. So now because of that, I really need to get the production from the guys that I'm counting on. And when the guys come off the bench, I really need you to carry your local because look, you can only play your guys forty eight minutes so many, so many games before you wear them down. And if it's a long series, the last thing you want is to get into a long series. And your guys have played forty four forty five forty six minutes the first five game games and all of a sudden you got to go a seven game series and you're asking them to play because the games are starting to go back to back every now you're playing every other day. I like it, but give the Celtics credit. They showed, they showed, they showed you why they're the number one seed in the East. They showed you why they won sixty four ball games because there was a game like this. They got demolished at home. But I think the Calves the only chance they have ojo is that they're gonna have to shoot them out the gym from the three. You see the difference in the ball game from the three. The other night they made eighteen nineteen threes. Tonight they only made twelve. The Celtics made thirteen. The other night they was nine of like thirty some excuse me, sorry. So even if they don't hit their twenty, as long as they make more threes than the other team, because they're gonna get them up now. Because that's everything is predicated on the three ball for the Celtics. They're gonna drive in kid, They're gonna you know, they're looking to do anything getting to the lane and kick. Occasionally, you know, JT will pull up over the top, a be a pullerfold the top. But they're looking because they guys have spread out. Al Horfer's behind the three line, Derek White behind the three line, Holiday Pritchard. Howser came in and made some big shots for him coming in off the bench, and that's what you need. But unless the Calves could replicate what they did in Game two, all of what the Heat did in Game two on the road, unless they could replicate that, I really don't see them having enough firepower to overtake the Seion ain't.
Speaker 1: Gonna have it. You ain't gonna have them. The MAVs won their second game in a row, take over home. I wave hey, Pj' go aheadt you finish. I'm gonna let you finish. Let me go first, though, let me go first, Okay.
Speaker 2: The mav won their second straight game on the road and run the second straight game in a row over the Thunder to take a two one series lead.
Speaker 1: PJ.
Speaker 2: Washington continued is dominant playing scoring, scoring a game a team high twenty seven points on eleven of twenty three shooting with five May threes. Luca and Kyrie both had twenty two points. Kyrie dissed dished out seven as sis, and Luca grabbed fifteen rebounds. Kyrie this postseason, in the first half, he's only scoring six point three a game, but in the second half he looks he looks like Kyrie. On a fifty to fifty split, He's shooting fifty seven percent from the floor fifty four percent from the three. And we saw he did what he did against the Nuggets with that left hand. He put the ball on the floor. He dipsy dude, split the split, split the scene between two defenders, got the ball up with the left hand, and for all intents and purposes, end of the game. But the MAVs win. They take a two to one series lead. We know the last game they took home court away from OKC by winning on the road game too.
Speaker 1: They win Game three, take a two to one series lead. Take off. Hey PJ.
Speaker 4: Washington, Hey PJ, I know you're gonna see this.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna see this. Boy. You're the real deal.
Speaker 4: Boy, You're the real deal. But in back to back games twenty five plus points.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, if Luca.
Speaker 4: Dohnson has an off night, if Kyrie has an off night and they're not shooting well, Kyrie likes to turn it on when he wants to.
Speaker 1: He can pick and choose he wants to turn on.
Speaker 4: Sometimes he'll facilitate in the first half and then times he'll take over when he needs to take over in the fourth or third quarter. Well, if PJ. Washington could stay in this rhythm of consistency and confidence. Man, Math, Math, Math, Ma's got a good chance. Man, Ma's got a good chance. What I do need, what I do need, and I mean I mean no disrespect, no disrespect by this. Daniel Gafford, Derek Jones Jr. You got to give me something, baby, you gotta you gotta give me something. I ain't ask so much. I just learned, just told me and taught me about how when you get to the playoffs, they cut down. So if they if a math then cut down, the seven are cut down eight, that mean y'all got to be on that court. You got to contribute. You got to give me something. I ain't ask for much, but just give me something. I'm learning the game of basketball, so I'm watching you, so I need you to give me something. So I have something that's to talk about outside of PJ. Washington and God damn Kyrie and Luke.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Now, what's what's great about this is that Luca was seven or seventeen, but PJ is picking up the slack. Kyrie is trying to look the thing that I can say about Kyrie, Kyrie is taking the challenge defensive back. If you notice he's Garden Shade, He's garden Jalen Williams to their best two offensive weapons. He's taking on that assignment. He's like, Okay, Luca, do your thing.
Speaker 1: Now. He sees in the fourth quarter, I need to turn it on.
Speaker 2: You look at him first, the first six, the first three four buckets they go to. They get the ball to Kyrie, and Kyrie go make it happen. Okay, Now he's in a river.
Speaker 1: PJ. Washington never lost this river.
Speaker 2: So now as Kyrie breaking the defense down, he can kick the PJ in the corner, bang short port.
Speaker 1: And so if you look at look at what they're doing. Look at PJ. Washington.
Speaker 2: He played forty minutes. Dereck Jones Jr. He played thirty six minutes. Kyrie played forty one minutes. Luca played forty minutes. You see now, even Daniel Gaffert played twenty minutes. Lively played twenty seven minutes. Lively would play even more. But they started the hacker shot the hacker Lively because late and the ball game to say, you know what, we're not stopping y'all from getting good shots.
Speaker 1: Let's just file him.
Speaker 2: We'll roll the dice because we don't believe he's gonna make both, though, so we'll roll the dice. We think there's a greater chance he'll make one or miss both, as opposed to make him both. So even if he makes one, that's only one point. We come down. We can slash it into it like that. So they had to get him off the court to bring Gaffred back in. But he gives you so much defensively. He's a big body presence. He's gonna challenge everything at the rim. He's great at lite. You know when Kyrie and Luca breaks the defense down, get into the lane, he's great at He's great at finishing above the rim.
Speaker 1: But they'll stop. They're stopping the game because they hack him.
Speaker 2: He go to the line and there's no clock moving right, So he's gonna have to get better. So that's gonna be after something that he has to work on, put some extra time in. But if you look at them, they they played eight guys. Dante ExHAM, who's one of their key contributors, he only played six minutes. Josh Green played fifteen minutes. Like I said, Lively played twenty seven minutes. Even Harder Way only played sixteen minutes. When the other night he played like twenty four to twenty eight minutes.
Speaker 4: How do they pick and choose when they want a player to play more minutes? As far as Hardaway only played sixteen to night but played twenty five something the last game, who makes that decision?
Speaker 1: The coach hot hot man, stay in, the hot man, stay out? Say okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So if somebody, somebody the coach.
Speaker 2: I gotta get I gotta get you, Gotta get him out of there, gotta get him out of there. Hey, you see you see the you see game two? Yeah, Hardway got it going.
Speaker 4: No hold online now I know, and I've never seen I asked. I asked it before. If you don't want to come out the game and coach tell you about what happens if you refuse to come out the game, it.
Speaker 2: All appears to who it is you like if you if I don't know if anybody noticed this, but Luca. He motioned for gafferd and PJ. Washington to come back in the game, even before Jason Kids some him. He looked at him and he motioned like get hey, get to the score table.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. The big guys like, hey, are you tired? Nah? Man, I'm good. Hey, get to the stable.
Speaker 2: Lebron them have that kind Lebron has that kind of catch, Luca has that count Steph Curry has that kind of Catchay, those are the big name guys that do a lot of the ball handling. Like, Hey, nah, I need y'all come on listen.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about it. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: It just hit me when you were talking about by Hardaway not playing as many minutes as he did the last time. Remember how I told you in the preseason games, now it's just the season, how he used to make Marvel Lewis call the time out because I didn't want to come out the game, even though it's preseason. It meant that much to me to get myself in the rhythm. No, no, I'm not gonna have it. I could be in training camp, I could run one hundred plays. It's never will be the same as opposed to when you're playing live and it's another opponent.
Speaker 1: It's absoluteferent.
Speaker 4: And I wanted to get that rhythm and that feeling and playing one serie just wasn't enough for me. So I can imagine as a basketball player, if you are off and coach sulling you out, I would get your attitude.
Speaker 1: Why would you sull me out?
Speaker 4: And you know I need to find a way to get in the rhythm. I gotta get a lay up, I gotta hit something. We gotta run a play just to get me off. If I can't, if I can't, if I can't deal, get this, go off, go off the ball. Set me a guy, Damn pick or something. Give me any so give me something, just don't take me out of the game.
Speaker 2: That's why it's harder than people think to be a role player because you're not gonna get the minutes and you're not gonna get the shots that are loop that a Lebron, that is Steph Curry, that of Kevin Durant, that book is gonna get.
Speaker 1: So it's hard.
Speaker 2: So with the minutes that you get, it's kind of like a guy that comes in, Uh, he's he's the fourth or fifth wire receiving bro. You can't afford to drop it because you're not gonna get that many You're not gonna get that many targets.
Speaker 4: Now I understand why the stat lines look the way they do in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: And certain people don't want to shoot the goddamn ball.
Speaker 2: Mm because you think about it, the fourth wide receiver, he's not gonna get that many targets. So when we come to you on third down, you got to catch the ball to keep us on the field. The role players when they come to you, you gotta make that shot. But like coach bro I just got in the game. I ain't even warm yet. Hey you got but see that's why you got the Hey, you gotta stay ready. Like you said, we got a two minute game. We got a too minute drive going on. Hey, you don'e caught for a five. You don't caught four five passes. You need a blow. But you're important. We gotta call time out. Okay, o Joe, get your breath. We gotta come back.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's crazy. That's how that So it's more difficult.
Speaker 2: You know, we get on the role players, but it's a lot harder you think because you're not gonna get twenty shots. You may only get five to seven shots, but they're asking you in a playoff atmosphere, you need to make three a part of them.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: You say you can't get twenty shots, but if you if you're on the floor long enough and the ball comes your way, and you know how to beat a dude off the dribble. I mean, you could just start chucking that bitch up anywhere on your own.
Speaker 1: Hey, no, you're not finish. Start chunking that thing. I mean a good shot, and I'm not just just oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what I'm saying, Yeah, but what happens when that shot doesn't go in? Remember you're not gonna get all of those opportunities. You look at hold on, let me because I don't have the I'm obviously not at home. Uh look at the look at the role player. Okay, Lively was too seven. Josh Green played fifteen minutes. He was one of three. Hardaway played sixteen minutes. He was three or nine. Luca Luca Kyrie took thirty four shots.
Speaker 1: PJ.
Speaker 2: Washington took twenty three shots. So now you're talking about thirty four and twenty three. You're talking about fifty seven shots between three guys. They only took ninety one so the other and Derrek Jones was one of ten, So now you talk about one, two, three, four, five, six.
Speaker 1: The other guys took took forty four shots.
Speaker 2: You see, Yeah, that's seven shots divided up between all the rest of them per you see. So now when you get the opportunities, it's kind of like a guy coming in off the bench and hey, o Jo, you that filth wide receiver. You dropped the third down, you dropped the four dive. People looking, man, why didn't y'all go to Ocho? Well, Ocho was double, he was wide open. What was I supposed to do? They said, Well, what, Lebron, why didn't you shooting the shot? Steph Curry? Why don't you shooting the shot? Because the guy was standing over there in the dunken spot? Why the ass open? Right? So it's it's a it's a lot of pressure. It's a make a misleague. Either you make the shot or you don't. It's really that simple. I could drop all the exits and nose or not hit the ball, go in the basket, Ojo.
Speaker 1: That's all that matters at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: At the bar, and kind like I said, Kyrie is kind of like feeling it out in the first half. He let Luca get going, and Lucas kind of beat all the hell. He's got a bad back, he's got a.
Speaker 4: Bad make up to Hey, how he's so young and he walked like an old man already, something wrong, something wrong.
Speaker 1: You think he lied about his age.
Speaker 4: He really older than what he looked.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, Luke, you gotta realize Luca been playing pro ball o Joe six, he's like fifteen to sixteen.
Speaker 4: You see how you moving, how you walk, you walk like an old man, likes he's like a young person in the old person body.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: How about this, this, this comment got me in trouble last time. Luca needs to be able to do a better job of taking care of himself in the off season, Okay, Jason Kidd. Jason Kidd has let it be known that he would like for Luca to come in better shape and not play himself in the shape, but to come into camp or already in shit.
Speaker 4: At least somewhat there, at least fifty percent there.
Speaker 1: Okay, But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: In the off season. I mean, oh, Joe, that's your job. Your job is to be in shape.
Speaker 4: But I think when it comes to especially somebody like him, that I'm assuming the way they do things are different wherever Luca is from, and maybe when it's the off season they literally take off seasons literally off yeah, period, when I go to camp, I'll play myself in the shape as opposed to here, we do things a little different, especially especially in off season. Basketball is a part of their livelihood even when it's the off season.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is, oh Joe, is that American basketball players grow up saying, I want to be best. I want to be better than Jordan, I want to be I don't think European players grow up thinking that, right, They like, this is an opportunity for them. They're gonna make more money while beyond their wildest dreams. And you know, obviously the ninety two Olympics it opened up basketball to the world because now all those guys that Dirk and the Whiskys and all these guys that saw the the the the pro players playing because prior to ninety two it was all collegiate players. Except for the rest of the world. They're said they're pro players. Where Americans sent their college players. But after after the Americans bombed out and uh in eighty eight and sold so rich. Yes, eighty four was in La Soul because ninety two was in Barcelona. Yeah, once they bombed out there. Oscar Smith did a number on the Brazilian team did a number on them, and after that they're like, now, hell, now y'all sending y'all pros. We're gonna send our pros because at they started getting better and better because before, from the beginning of time, we always sent collegiate players. And with the exception of seventy two, when the Americans got robbed in Unich, the Americans won the goal, so eighty So seventy two, they seventy six in Montreal we won. We boycotted at eighty because of the invasion of Afghanistan by the Russians, although it was held in the Soviet year, it was held in Russia. Eighty four we won it, and then eighty eight we got the breaks breed off of Soocho and sold and it's oh no. And then we sent the ninety two and we won, and so forth and song. So that's that's kind of how that started. But I've been really impressed with Kyrie, because yeah, we know we can score either he's he's the greatest finisher that you're gonna see.
Speaker 1: Nobody hand the ball. He got the ball on the.
Speaker 2: String, Hey three mid finished either handers spin it off the rim up and under you filing, he's gonna go make ninety percent. So we know what he's cap love. But what I've been most impressed with him is watching him on the defensive.
Speaker 1: Ending defense.
Speaker 2: Now he's been getting after, he's been getting after. The Nuggets make this a series. They go it to Minnesota and blow the doors off to them. Nikola Yokic showed you why he's the MVP.
Speaker 1: He's what.
Speaker 2: Had twenty four points, fourteen rebounds, nine assists, three steals, and three blocks, first player in the NBA history to reach those numbers in a playoff game. Jamal Murray had eighteen of his twenty four in the first half, which set the set the tone. Said he was fueled by the hostile crowd that booed him the moment he stepped on the court during pre game. Obviously, he said, definitely that few that that definitely fueled me during the game and just keep me in a mold. So it's fun. I embraced that challenge. I embraced that moment. I probably deserved those bulls, so I'm not shying away from it. Obviously, we know he threw the tower, then he threw the heating pack. On the floor, and so that's what the Minnesota fans were blowing. But they go on the road, Yo kich became yo kitch. Jamal Murray gave them, gave him what he gave up, and now Minnesota, you better win Game three.
Speaker 1: Now, ugly, it got, it got really got real ugly.
Speaker 4: I can't I can't remember exactly how far the lead they had at one point in the game.
Speaker 1: What twenty twenty twenty something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they ended up they ended up winning by like twenty seven. I think they might have got it as much as thirty.
Speaker 1: It was bad. It was bad. Yeah, once they got the thirty midway through the third ont you I have like I'm gone.
Speaker 4: You know, it's where the way they started off though, they started they started off cooking, so everybody that was making shots in the beginning of the game. Once they got into a rhythm and everybody contributing, man, they got to lead so goddamn far.
Speaker 1: You know, the goddamn Wolves ain't have a chance to even come back.
Speaker 4: There's only so much that there's only so much ant man can do, that's only so much cat can do. And then the top that off, they were playing great defense. They decided to play great defense.
Speaker 2: That's a championship team. You thought they was gonna go start. You thought they're gonna go quietly.
Speaker 1: In the night.
Speaker 4: I'm liking his basketball now, but hey, I'm gonna be like Doorsburg, give me about another two weeks.
Speaker 2: You thought they're gonna go quietly in the night. Oh Joe, that that's a championship team. They made of the right stuff. But yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And I think and if you notice, like when the shots start to fall for the road team, it seems like the basket opens up. Not everybody. You see yo kids making joints. You see a Holiday making John, You see Gordon making John's. We know what Michael Porter Jr.
Speaker 1: Can do.
Speaker 2: All the guys Reggie So now all of a sudden, now and you turn the ball over. It doesn't take long. And see what that three point shot, no lead is satan. But also with that three point shot, a five point lead can go to fifteen to twenty quick.
Speaker 4: And and you know Jamal Murray, Jamal Murray needed he needed this game though. He needed this game after the small inn thin, getting getting getting fine whatever, Winning cures all, winning cures all he could through a goddamn chair on the court like Bob Knight if he went out there and played like he did the other night, winning cures.
Speaker 2: All right, it's time for our first sayment of the night.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, and it's a news cap, news cap.
Speaker 4: You start shout out, shut out to my people, man, Sam, congraduations and graduating from Sutherland noise, congrats, get you some McDonald's twin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I was just out of graduation. My daughter.
Speaker 2: You just went to who graduated my daughter?
Speaker 1: She's she's the doctor. Hey, let's go.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about. Man, there's a doctor in the house like script. Hey, hey, baby, my back hurt, right, me a scrip? Oh baby, I got a headache. I need another scrip.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's dope. That's dope. Yeah, I'm proud of my baby.
Speaker 2: Several names have been rumored to be in the running for head coaching chair for the Los Angeles Lakers. They include Kenny Atkinson, Michael Nori, David Edelman, and JJ Reddick. Lakers are intrigued by jj reddick amitted coaching search. Uh still, he's never coached at high school, of college or the professional level. Does that sound like someone you be in charge of a historic franchise looking for one last chance to get.
Speaker 1: A ring, uh for Lebron or a d An a d.
Speaker 4: Yuh. So I'm gona think about I'm think about it in football terms. So you have let's say you I'm trying to let me think of a historic franchise. Just say let's say the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: And you have a former player that was good, that was decent. JJ was nice. You have a former player like, let's say, give me somebody to play.
Speaker 1: For the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Uh, Michael Levin Smith, Now come on, Okay, that would be in the coaching round to give the comparison as far as the Lakers are having J. J.
Speaker 4: Redick as a candidate, and would it makes sense if you're trying to win a Super Bowl having a former player that knows the game extremely well.
Speaker 2: Well, he doesn't need to play for the Cowboys. He just need to have to play it in the NFL and had a decent career.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know that's right. Great, they played in Philly, right, yeah, JJ played.
Speaker 2: He played with the Clippers, he played with the Pelicans, he played with the seventy six ers, he played with the Magic, He played about four he played with four or five teams, had a nice career. I think he played like thirteen fourteen seasons, average around nine to ten points a ball game.
Speaker 1: But he had a nice CAREERKA nice career.
Speaker 4: So when I think about that, I'm gonna use for fotball sake, I'm gonna say Cowboys, and we're gonna take a player like come on, somebody boom Larry fiz Gerald.
Speaker 2: Okay, but last laughis Gerald was a historically great player though, So that's not what JJ was.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's not nice. That's not nice. That's nothing.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm saying, I'm saying you talking about laughist Gerald laughis Jeral is going to be a first Balltle Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: That's not what JJ was.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be I don't want to be rude to the I'm.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, I understand what you're saying. I'm trying to think.
Speaker 4: Give me a comparison of it, JJ Reddick in football terms, good player, like you said, had a great career.
Speaker 1: See it's hard.
Speaker 2: Huh oh yeah yeah yeah. Especially that was marginal. That was like a marginal player marginal. Uh yeah, but margin a good thing. No, if you played fourteen years, obviously you played well enough. It's kind of like, oh Joe. We've seen guys that were really never like Mayde, never made a Pro Bowl, never made an All Pro team, that played thirteen fourteen, fifteen years, So that's not a knock. So I don't want people to say, if you played that long, obviously.
Speaker 1: You're good enough to play in the in the league.
Speaker 2: But I'm trying to think who would be an equivalent football player, because I mean, I've been hell, I have been gone.
Speaker 1: I've been away for so long.
Speaker 2: That that doesn't have coaching experience because a lot of times you look at a Demico Ryan Demiko. Ryan was a defensive coordinator. You look at a lot of these guys there were Darvin Ham was an assistant coach for He was an assistant coach in Atlanta. He was an assistant coach for the Milwaukee Bucks. We're talking about a guy. What they did for Matt Miller. Matt Miller was calling games and they give him the general manager John The same thing they did with John Lynch. John Lynch was calling games for Fox and they gave him the GM.
Speaker 1: John. You see them. That's so we're talking about a person that didn't have any coach experience, do you think so? You don't think ja j.
Speaker 4: Reddick is a good candidate for historic franchise like the Lakers because he had no coaching experience, but he knows the game of basketball.
Speaker 2: I mean, Steve Curry having any coaching experience, I don't think Steve kirkis coach. Steve Kirk was an analyst at gn G when he got the job. When he got he became a general manager. Also, you got to remember for Phoenix and he.
Speaker 1: Ended up going end up getting a job for.
Speaker 4: The words you have to understand. But look at the situation he went into. How much coaching can you do when you're surrounded by a bunch of bunch of casts like that, especially you.
Speaker 1: Still got to put it together.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know you got to put it together, but come on that Draymond Curry.
Speaker 2: It's it's but here's the thing, though, it's to get those to blend egos and put them together. It's it's it's because you only got fined. I got a question and you got and you got to convince. See it's either with football because the quarterback has the.
Speaker 1: Ball all the time.
Speaker 2: But now you got to identify. Okay, he's the guy. Everything runs flows through him, and you gotta be okay with that. I don't know who. You know who said who has a final call? We know who all has a final call in l A right, it will be Lebron Yeah, yeah, I mean I think it would be maybe Lebron n a d.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let's just say you have a guy like a Randall Cobb that say, you know what I want to do coaching?
Speaker 4: Hey, I can see I can see random car.
Speaker 2: But he's an analyst and he gets an opportunity to go interview for the Cowboys. Oh, he gets an opportunity to go interview for the Steelers or the Giants. You're like, well, right, if I'm not mistaken, I think Johsh McCown interviewed for didn't he interview for Carolina?
Speaker 4: Job?
Speaker 2: He's never coaching before, So I don't want to knock guys because they don't. I mean a lot of guys had never coached until they coached, right, you know what I'm saying. So I don't know what type of does JJ Reddick no excell to those sure you does you hear.
Speaker 1: Him talk the game? He understands the game.
Speaker 2: He can he can he can talk about the game and the terms that basketball players understand. It's kind of like when you and I talk, we can talk in terms that true football fans that understand the coverages and how how the offense is trying to attack the coverages.
Speaker 1: But the question is will that him being JJ.
Speaker 2: Reddick, how does he think it's easier if the top guys buy in as long as your top guys by in the Patriot way was Tom Brady because he was the only guy that needed to buy in, because if he bought in, he could.
Speaker 4: Convince everybody else to buy Yeah, well everybody, and so that's what you need for everybody else better buy in because everybody will over that over everybody over there was expendable boy except twelve. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and so and so That's that's what you have to have. And so look at the end of the day, they're gonna they're gonna make a They're gonna make a make the best decision that they feel for them. Probably probably with a historic franchise, you're probably need to get somebody with some coaching experience.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about some head coaching experience.
Speaker 4: Oh, I got one who that tell Phil Jackson? Dust off the boots. What's happening? Dust off the clipboard.
Speaker 2: Well, the problem with here's a lot of problems with the Lakers is that's the problem is Phil Jackson because he keeps, because he keeps yapping his mouth in Jenny's ear. Either you wanted to coach, you stepped down. Remember you stepped down because you didn't want to coach anymore. So stop offering advice.
Speaker 4: Oh so Phil, Phil feel in the background now, But tell you, tell him, come on, come on, come on to the fue front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he don't want to coach. He's a legend, legendary coach, legend. It's easy.
Speaker 2: It's easy to say, y'all, I want to coach Shack at Kobe. Yeah, I want to coach Michael Jordan. He has to have an opportunity to go to the Knicks. He could have coached the next But but when you don't have five transit, you don't have four three transcendent player, a very a top fifty, a top seventy five player, a top fifty.
Speaker 1: Player like Scotty. Scotty is the top fifty, he's not transcendent. Kobe Shaq, George transiting. Hell. So now all you gotta do is manage egos.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest thing is managing egos, because at some point in time, somebody gonna start saying, hey, it's my team.
Speaker 1: No, it's my team. The same thing that ended up ripping the Patriots apart.
Speaker 2: No matter what anybody tells you, that's what ripped him apart, because one guy.
Speaker 1: Eventually gonna want more credit than the other.
Speaker 2: The thing that kept Magic and Kareem together, Cream say what you want, cap Hey, you want to know. Hey, you left the right hand, Get down with block. I give it to you. Hey, we pushed it. Hey, cap ain't got his touches. Magic back that thing out, Captain, amble down to the block, throw that hand up, throw that sky up on And so that's what you have. You have to have somebody willing to be okay with not getting as much credit because eventually, hey, you're gonna get tired of here. To know, Joe, you're gonna get tired.
Speaker 4: To hear that.
Speaker 2: Brady, Brady, Brady, and then even coach better, you could hear well, it wasn't open to heart surgery. We had other guys that played with you know what I'm saying. You started hearing that from the coach right. Tom Brady had his thumb almost cut his thumb off, a deep gash in his hand. Well he didn't have open heart surgery.
Speaker 1: Other guys play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's sick of.
Speaker 2: It're like, hold on, I put this thing together. I'm doing all the cooking. I bought the ingredients. I might not be on the grill at the current time at the time, but I bought all the food. I the one that bought the ribs. I brought the brisket. I brought the rib chips. I brought all this mac and cheese.
Speaker 1: He bought them.
Speaker 4: He' the one cooking it, though, and the one he and the one on the grill.
Speaker 2: I bought the ingredients I could have I could have bought some bulld eye. I could have bought some hoghead cheese, some vein of sausages. I could have bought some potted meat. How that would have looked on your table.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you think about it.
Speaker 4: When when you think about it, they had a twenty year run with all types of food came through there, and every year for some reason regards of what kind of food came to that.
Speaker 1: They did, one thing can make it look good.
Speaker 2: I mean the way my grandma could make that BALLOONA to fly that BALLOONA. You're right, and you stick that forking at the bus, that buss off and you put some man ain't on that bread. Hey, it was still it was still blowing, but it tasted good. That party meeting dividing sausages when.
Speaker 1: She split the thing.
Speaker 2: When she split them and got them a little brown and nothing. We add little mustard. Sometimes we put boom nasty food. But granted, could make that thing great.
Speaker 1: Great? Uh A cuisine A cuisine.
Speaker 2: It's simple, it's it's it's really it's really that complicated for me. Hey, there's a team effort. If you notice, every time something happens, I'll always bring the team. When I got our Heart Awards, CJ was with the producers. Came, we're going to the webits. Everybody going and hey, when we had this thing, I said, hey, no o, Joe need to be there.
Speaker 1: I said, I get it. It's under my umbrella, but it's night cap. It's unk.
Speaker 2: When we had this thing, were we going to France? I said, no, I'm not coming. If he can't come out.
Speaker 1: We're going to France. So oh, we're going to France and we're going to France. We we.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, yeah, uh that's the that's the that's the thing. And let's go people, let's people gotta you gotta you gotta be up. You gotta be okay, even if you don't get if you don't gonna get any of the credit, but you definitely gotta be okay.
Speaker 1: We're getting fifty percent of the credit. And that's so. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look, there are some there are other guys. My thing is I suggested that they should have hired ty Loot. But see, harr's the thing, the same thing. The Lakers have the same problem that the Cowboys have. You should be honored to coach the Lakers or coach the Cowboys, so you go take less than market value.
Speaker 1: Look at the Cowboys. They ain't paying them, guys, what.
Speaker 2: Them top top coaches getting top coaches getting ten, twelve, thirteen to fifteen million. Yeah, they give five six million because it's the Cowboys. And hey, it's one of thirty two. So they should have hired ty Loot and they would have never been in this situation because Ty Loo is one of the great coaches, and he played. See, Lebron really liked guys to coach him that actually played the game because a lot of times they can see things through the prism of what she's looking at, and so that that helps a lot with him. But obviously he's gonna have some influence. Ad it's gonna have some influence who the head coach is. So I can't definitively say, oh, Jo one way another shit, they hire JJ Reddick. I know he knows the game of basketball. Well, put it like this, he can draw the game up on the chalkboard. If another thing. It's kind of like.
Speaker 1: Those that can do those that can't teach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it'll be interesting to see who they who eventually ends up getting the Lakers job. We know what the Lakers represent, and uh, you got to get somebody in place that gives Lebron over the next one or two years a realistic chance. Probably gonna have to give up that first round pick to bring somebody in if you can. You know, if you can't lure someone in free agency, hopefully you can lure someone in free agency, but if not, you wanna trade for someone, You're gonna probably have to give up that first round pick, and uh probably throw a couple of players.
Speaker 1: There's some players that you probably.
Speaker 2: Want to give up, give up, like an Austin Reeves or somebody like that.
Speaker 1: That's probably what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, the friendly wager between LSU teammate Jane daniel Elie neighbors is off now. They placed the friendly wager ten thousand dollars bet which whoever would win off the NFL's offensive Rookie of the Year would win the money. But on Friday, after the neighbors attended rookie camp the Giants, learning the specific of the NFL's gambling problem, excuse me the NFL gambling policy, he revealed that the bet was off. It is unclear if the bet would have violated the policy, but the two aren't taking any chance, Neighbors said. The neighbors said, I'm educated now and I got to be able sports betting and gambling, so we're calling the bet off.
Speaker 1: There's no bet.
Speaker 4: Now, and no sir he elite neighbors. Jane Daniels, the bettest still on the better still on give me the money. I'm still a part. I'm not a part of the NFL where I am waiting now, man, let me take that back. Let me take that back.
Speaker 1: Better still on no matter what, just put the money in my hand.
Speaker 4: Put the money in my hand, and I make a decision at the end of the season on who deserves it. Malik, you got to come to play, bright, You got to come to play if you're going to outdo a quarterback.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: How about a bro I bet you're ten grand I went offensive Walk of the Year? Okay, bet it's when you made it public, right, see something some things you just keep telling yourself.
Speaker 1: O Joe.
Speaker 4: Actually I like it, though I like it because not NFL.
Speaker 1: Don't think he made it public.
Speaker 4: I think it's it's a great motivating tactic.
Speaker 1: Are you in a less motivated by thing? You?
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question, how many people know? How many people knew your goals? You didn't share them with anybody, did you? And you was just as motivated the chievo? Yeah, okay, you have to understand, well, look I get it, Ojo, but you have to understand how the NFL and the gambling. So you don't want you don't even want to mention them, like I said, O Joe, I bet you're such and such bete dude, at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: How'd you get this?
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna say how I got it, but a good a good friend of mine gifted it to Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I think for one, on the leak Nabors part, I think it was all in good fun, you know, a little friendly, little friendly, really friendly friendly competition. And I don't think I don't think it's against the NFL gambling polish because they're not gambling on the game. They're just it's a friendly wager between them between themselves based on how they play their rookie season. That's all that. That's no foul, no harm. Now you know, you want to know what's harm me bribing the referee with a goddamn ballar bill trying to challenge a ref call. Yeah, now that that's not that. Now that's gambling because I literally took out a dollar and tried to bribe the referee. Now that I understand them making a friendly wager between themselves, whether it's public or not, it's no harm, no foul, And I hope i'd hope, you know, we we'd allow those two to go out of this season.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: You know there a lot of bets going on. Man, that doesn't been the best between teammates. I mean not teammates, but hell I a teammates friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody knows I bet nobody.
Speaker 2: Nobody knew hell I bet Afa Williams twenty five thousand, but I would have more touchdown than he had sacked. God Man, guess what one I broke? I broke my collar ball week four. He broke he towards Achilles week five. So we settled. I went to He wanted twelve five, so I said we could sell it. He had one sack. I had no choice, so we said. He said, I'll tell you what he said, I want twelve thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Guess what this joker wanted wanted.
Speaker 2: Don't say food, Susan B Anthony, dollars Susan B Anthony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wanted those quarter dollars.
Speaker 2: I had to go to the back and get because he wanted to inconvenience me. He I wanted my pride. Can I gonna put that order into the bank? Could I get twelve fives and five hundred dollars of Susan be Anthony? Do you hard know how hard it is to get those damn things.
Speaker 4: He made it difficult, Yes, and they was heavy as hem.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's go listen.
Speaker 4: I like the bet, though, I like it.
Speaker 2: Because that's the way we bet it, so like we bet in the locker room. I didn't I didn't want your money. I want your pride. I want five hundred dollars nikels. Man, Sean, come home, man. I want you to take your answer to the bank. Ask the cashier could you get five hundred dollars in nickels? And when she asked, you say, mister such and such, why you need five hundred dollars on nickels. I want you to tell them I lost the bet to eighty four. I'll get Buffalo nickas. I get one hundred dollars in Buffalo Nickels, I get two hundred fifty dollars in dive. That's what I wanted. I wanted. I wanted what is it? Canaday half dollars? We call them Kenada fifty cent pete. Yeah, I wanted those, yes, silver dollars. Yes, I want your pride.
Speaker 1: Ohr. Everybody making money? So what is it for me? Okay?
Speaker 2: You lose a thousand dollars you're gonna bring me a thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want a thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 2: I want coins, pennies, nickels, dimes, Buffalo nickels, Susan b Anthony quarters, Canada, half dollars Canada fifty said what we call them in the South?
Speaker 4: Guy?
Speaker 2: You know we oh, you know, we gambled everything. We had a little poppet shot basketball fan in the locker room. So we we betting per dim. Hey bet everybody got their per diem lined up the.
Speaker 1: Road for dim. Yes, yes, we bet road for dim.
Speaker 2: Man. Look me and we're getting ready to go to practice. Me and mahme Be and my homeboy Burns. He's like, we got so you know, we've been there for a week. So I went upstairs, got my check, got here, I said, because we like to bet, don't even look at it. Put it down. Okay, fine, bet, but what it is? So I put my check down. He put his down. We shoot, we gotta go to practice. We come back. Come on, let's get the ball first. Hey, hold up, me and burn shooting this? He shoot, he missed. I make it. So at that point in time, you get to open the check and see what it is. So he opened my check. I opened here. He was like fourteen hundred dollars. Mine was like seventy thousand. He said, Oh boy, you'd have been throwing up. Oh hell yeah. But that's but that's the chance that you mat. You don't look at the check.
Speaker 1: You just bet. Yeah, I'm cool with that. I bet bro.
Speaker 2: Oh, we bet everything. Oh, we bet everything? Oh bout ray in between? You uplayed in between?
Speaker 1: What's that in between and in between?
Speaker 2: You take two? You take two decks of cards. I flipped one, I flipped both cards up. It might be an a, it might be a five. You gonna say, hey, in between, if it comes in between the eighth and the five, you win. If you get hit on the edges, you get dump. You have to pay double. So if it's an ace or five, you pay double.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We played on the way to super Bowl. Ask the guys what part got in life? Fifty grand, fifty thousand. Yeah, Oh, we took super Bowl. I took Oh, hey, Peter, I'm sorry, I gotta give up this information.
Speaker 1: Oh but we took we took.
Speaker 2: Hey, we took four super Bowl tickets off Willie Green, fourth super Bowl tickets and ten grand.
Speaker 1: I know, I was very general.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I want to do old school car seventy one? I said, Man, give me five grand. I can't, I say, cause you go home and tell your wife you lost this car. It's gonna be problem. You give me five grand, we'll call it either. And Mike used to tell him, say, look, y'all gambling with eighty four. Do y'all know how long eighty four have been playing eighty four? Okay, I don't really like you guys gambling because I don't want you faking about your lost twenty thousand and thirty thousand during the game. But if I rock with you, if I want to big some of money off, y'all like, bro, go ahead, Hey, just give me, give me five grand. We'll call it eve. But I wanted nice black chrome rems. Just got it. It probably worked. By twenty twenty five, I said, man, give me five grand.
Speaker 1: You cool boy?
Speaker 4: Hey, for y'all listen, I know I know we gain whenever the gambling went on locker room training camp.
Speaker 1: We don't break man. I'm I'm man. You know I ain't around none of that. Bro, I ain't got time. Why do you think spending money gam came about.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you gonna ask anybody that played in dem sir from nineteen from nineteen ninety five ninety six, all the way they closed it down when I lift, when I came back.
Speaker 1: It came from there. That's what we gambled.
Speaker 2: We played cards, we wrote roll dice, they played video game, We drank smoke.
Speaker 1: All that within club. That's how it came to be. And I don't see. I don't see how y'all do that.
Speaker 4: Man, and people in the chat that gamble, people just in general, like even when y'all was playing, even former teammates of mind, there was there was there's such an excitement and passion and joy in people's faces when they gamble. Here from and me being from Miami watching people gamble, playing spades, playing playing tunk, playing get like me with the quarters back in the day we were in high school watching watching the dope boys play selo. Excuse me, I hate, I hate to say that word, but watching the boys play seto.
Speaker 1: Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: I'm not doing nothing or losing my money to anything where I can't control it.
Speaker 1: Like if I'm losing money, I want to be in control of it.
Speaker 4: I don't want any outside variations of what I'm doing to cause me.
Speaker 1: To lose my money. I can't, I can't do it.
Speaker 4: And then I remember going, I went to the casino with Rail and I'm talking to the man. I'm saying, sir, are y'all gonna stop the man from continuing to gamble that much money at the high roller table?
Speaker 1: Why you allowing him to do this? But that's what we do here. Why do you think you don't have no We got a gamble gambled. Why do you think we don't have no windows? What the you means? What the windows have to do anything?
Speaker 2: Because clocks on the wall because they want you to lose track of time and they pumping their fresh ox.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: I learned all this just not too long ago, but that when I was in Vegas for F one.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm like, man, y'all.
Speaker 2: We gamble, yeah, y'all, every night, every There was not one night in Denver when I was in training camp that we do and gamble. Oh Joe, we was going to bed like we gotta be like we got practice at nine. We ain't going to bed till like two o'clock, three o'clock in the morning, and.
Speaker 4: Y'all going to practice on four five hours of sleep yep.
Speaker 2: And the last night we stay up the whole night like our crew that normally, Oh we got you gotta stay up the whole night.
Speaker 1: Thank oh.
Speaker 2: Oh we had a black Hey, we had a last Oh and the last and the last night the rookie.
Speaker 1: Got to get him, got him. Yeah, I remember the day. What man, Look here, we go to the store.
Speaker 2: We get like twenty five pounds of flour, We get like eight nine ten bottles syrup. We cut the pillows open, we got the tar and feather. Oh not the tar feather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by stay with your hard to get off. I do don't know.
Speaker 2: Think about how many guys came with bed with bed with pillow feathers in their head and only stuck on their back and on the neck. Hey, because you know I was cool. Hey, you know, hey, I get the key, I get the master key in their sleep five stewish him down, booking up out of there. Oh, we did some da but you know what Mike said, Hey, hey, I don't normally do this, huh, but I know, you know, probably eighty four had something to do with it, and this team or some stuff.
Speaker 1: Popped off. They already know. Mike knew.
Speaker 2: The team building. We got this cut. Oh we that dorm was a mess. Yes, yes, because hey got to get them O Joe, it's a part of it. Whether to lebron.
Speaker 1: Cost definitely, most definitely, most definitely.
Speaker 2: That's what I missed, Joe. See, that's what I meant, a son, that's what I miss. The talent show like we did. Y'all have a talent show, like the rookies had to put on the talent show.
Speaker 4: But hey, listen that that hard knock y'all hads that talent show. Boy, when when Buddy did ray Lewis and Buddy did and uh Buddy did you and me, boy, I was in tears. I'm talking about it, tears crying.
Speaker 1: That was good. Oh yeah, that was good. Oh we have we have we had a talent show.
Speaker 2: We have a tailor show in uh in different But I ain't you know, like I said, I I ain't really know like I said. I mean, when I was in college, we didn't really do the stuff like like like rookie stuff. Hazy, they ain't cutting nobody hair and stuff like that. I mean, I'm trying to think what we did to the rookies cause they got me. I mean, it was it was all all fun. Like I said, I won't let nobody cut my hair, you know what I'm saying, And I ain't do We wasn't doing anything to the mean anybody we want to go cut your hairs and foolish just like that. Well I'm sure there was some things that we did, but that was all a part of it. That's what I miss That's what I missed. If they could just let me and I was like Mike, if I could just go back, I ain't want to do meetings no more. That's what really got me out of the league, the meetings. I said, Mike, just let me practice, let me show up to practice right, and let me playing the games. Your boy good? Yeah, you boy good? I said, But uh oh, Joe over to day Bro. I wish I could get those back. I wish I could do that. Obviously I couldn't play anymore, but I just want to go hang around the just go heck not now I'm just st my guys. What I was like after I left, like three or four years, I just wanted to go back because a lot of the guys that I played with was still playing man.
Speaker 1: I said, man, I wish I could just go back there.
Speaker 2: They're like sharp, Man, it ain't the same without you cause you, oh Joe, you know I.
Speaker 1: Can't it live. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Everybody wanted to get on bus too, cause they you know, the coaches, everybody on. You know, the owner with on. But everybody, Hey, sear what bus you're getting on? Cause you know we're gonna keep it froming. We bad it on somebody. Somebody wore some bull drive today.
Speaker 1: Are you or y'all get on the down fence? What I got on? The dude so bad I made him took as I fit off on the.
Speaker 2: Plane, got fined because Mike say, I told you got to work.
Speaker 1: Made him take it to come up at it. It was that bad, made him come up at you.
Speaker 4: But today today's NFL players boys show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it is a fashion show.
Speaker 2: I made him come up by I made him come up. Oh they hey Sean, may you see what such a sean come look with such and such got on.
Speaker 1: I got to get him. I got to get him.
Speaker 2: The only person that you could not get upset about their dress was easy here and McCaffrey and McCaffrey that Joe coming out there looking like a four H camper. He gonna have on khaki pad and a blue blazer that he got folded up that he takes out his double that and everything that what he did got every time and some and some and some Doc Martin and don't care and don't care nothing. So we didn't even bother they had that got to the poor ass, like why ragged you don't care?
Speaker 1: We didn't. We didn't give people to actually care that if we rag on.
Speaker 2: Oh oh I ma hey me at the back of that plane, make him come slam up out of ojoke.
Speaker 1: Plane with where is that? I remember that. I remember. I remember.
Speaker 4: Going to the airport and everybody got to meet at the stadium before you know, to get on the bus. Remember everybody used to bring pope ass. Oh yeah, the rookies had to bring the rookies. Rookie, the rookies had to bring pope ass. You know, I you know, I came with my own. I came with my own McDonald.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, them joking, man, the jokes. Have you go get man, they go get ribbed, Make you go get rims man. You gotta go get man, Big Cad, big Cad Washington was what was on my team for year.
Speaker 1: Man had had them rookie go and get Popeyes, mac and jeans. Cry.
Speaker 2: Can't see how they come on, dude. Yeah, but see this is before your time. See we used to could drive right up, park our cars and get right on the plane.
Speaker 1: Plane back up and we take off. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We never we didn't have to go like my first my first four or five years, we didn't have to go to that port, go to a private hang right, park your car, walk right up, get right on the plane.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, ain't I ain't never heard of that bar? That yeah, man, oh oh that was. That was lovely, lovely.
Speaker 2: And then you know you had to start, you know, had to start getting there on time, because Mike, we're gonna leave you.
Speaker 1: Mike, we're gonna leave you.
Speaker 2: If you wasn't number seven, number thirty, number eighty four, maybe a few of them, because Mike, my dad's what was such and such like, oh.
Speaker 1: We hold a plane, we got we can, it's a charter flight. We leave.
Speaker 2: We want to somebody else, anybody else. But I wasn't gon you late already already understood, because I know God's looking.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be late.
Speaker 2: The volume m HM