Speaker 1: Lastimen, everybody to Fantasy for us MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five. Don't forget everybody, go and bet at three six five. Use that promo code leading Off. When you do, and when you bet five bucks, you get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets or first bet safety net one thousand dollars in bonus bets. Sounds good to me. Yesterday some betting controversy. We're gonna get to that in the Dodger game in my favorite bet of the day. I know some people don't understand what's going on. Uncle Joe will explain it to you. Don't worry. We had some history made. We've got more injuries to talk about, possibly some rebirths of some superstar players going on, and of course more overreactions, but also injury updates. Welsh. It's a jam packed show today for a Tuesday. Let me tell you, I'm excited about it. And yesterday we saw a little bit of history. A guy who is thirty years old, who's bounced around for a very long time, Ronel Blanco throws the first no hitter of twenty twenty four. I'm sure there'll be another one. At some point, what a story this kid is came over I think at twenty two years old. They said, tried out for the Mets, the Yankees, like half a dozen teams. At one point he was washing cars. He had a baby born earlier in the day. He goes out there and a beautiful game against a really good Toronto No, this wasn't the this was the Toronto Blue Jays. Welsh, what did you think of the Ronel Blanco performance, which, by the way, was rostered. I looked this up this morning. In seventeen percent of leagues. That's higher than I thought it would.
Speaker 2: Probably started in one percent of leagues.
Speaker 1: No, No, that was started started in seventeen He was started in seventeen percent of leagues. Maybe because he was a two star pitcher this week, maybe exactly what I think? That's all. Could it's all could possibly be people like saying, oh, two star pitcher astros, they haven't won, Well, let's let's give it a shot. Yeah, and I'll tell you what it paid off yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it did. And you know an interesting story two things about the renewl bl Blanco no hitter. It's the earliest no hitter in the history of baseball. I think April fourth was the previous, so April first, no fools was the earliest. And what an international signing class. Renel Blanco was signed for five thousand dollars five thousand dollars signing Bonus along with Christian Javier and Framber Valdez, who were both ten thousand, so twenty five thousand dollars in signing Bonus got those three pitchers. Now we're making a big deal. No one cared. I say gently about Renel Blanco before this, but he was awesome in this outing thirty four percent with rate. He had a forty two percent with rate on his changeup. He induced twenty overall whiffs, thirty two percent CSW slider change up got it all done. I kept throwing. I kept seeing him throw that slider all night long, getting you know, negative contact, getting some strikeouts. It was a pretty great performance. I think it was eight ks. He had only two walks to George Springer. It was efficient. He was saved by the defense a little bit. I love obscure no hitters. It might be my favorite thing that just exists about baseball is a guy. He might become amazing by the way. I believe he's like a thirty year old like Rookie River. He might be, he might become amazing, but possible, but it's not Baseball can create a hero on one night. For the rest of their lives. This guy will be.
Speaker 1: Able to outside and remember the Mother's day no hitter and his mom died and he was like his mom raised him and everyone's crying at the end of it.
Speaker 2: And luckily yeah, no percent. I mean, he has like a piece of history in baseball for the rest of his life, which I think is awesome. That's why baseball can be romantic. It was a great outing. But what are we gonna do. We're gonna be how much do we chase right now? Blanco rest of season? I don't know. I mean, I think he's gonna still be stream league.
Speaker 1: I think you can look at it. Look people who streamed him yesterday got paid off. Let's see how the second start is later in the week and see what happens on Sunday, and then we can make a judgment about it, and maybe a more informed judgment.
Speaker 2: About So are you gonna having are you That's kind of thing, like are you gonna view him as like you have to start him moving forward?
Speaker 1: Are you don't even think he would make the Waiver Wire video this week? For me welsh to be honestly, like I got, I'm like kind of looking at it, and some of the names are still out there, Like I'm not I wouldn't add him over Hicks. I wouldn't add him over trying to think of some.
Speaker 2: Other Crochet and Jared Jones.
Speaker 1: Crochet, I would add over him. Jack's ginkle, Uh you know what I mean. Like I'm just saying, like some of those guys are still out there. A lot of closers out there right now. He's in that periphery. But if you asked me the name my top five, I think he would be. And plus we'll get to the Josh Young injury too, because Josh Young, Royce Lewis, there's a lot of third basement people are gonna need too. So somebody's got to be on there. I don't care if it's a JD. Davis or a Camerera. Somebody's got to be on there. So it's a great moment. By the way, Also the earliest no hitter in MLB history, So but who was the previous record holder?
Speaker 2: Man? I read it, don't say it.
Speaker 1: Don't say it. If you know it, Peanuts, cracker jacks, drop it in the chat. I want to hear from all of you. I want to hear if you know who the earliest MLB previous no hitter ever was, if you know the answer dropping in and I'll give you no, it wasn't Bob Feller. There you go, Trent Fleming bringing out there. So there you go. And as Wonkey says, God hates third base, it's been decided. So there you have it, everybody, Let's continue on with the headlines. Show it. The Imanaga fired six scoreless innings. I love this guy, nine strikeouts. He was my other big bet of the day yesterday. We could have pushed this one up maybe to you know, the nine range or eight. I said it on the show yesterday.
Speaker 2: I said, I said you could go seven at plus one seventy eight. Dude, I haven't decided if Imanaga is the best pitcher in baseball or the Rockies are the worst team that have ever played baseball. It's somewhere in the middlega is going to rocket uprings. He looks so freaking good, but the Rockies are also so bad. There he had a no hitter through five. I thought we were gonna get at Imanaga no hitter.
Speaker 1: He's got this thing, you know, he's got that confidence on the mall, which I just love, even the preference. You know, they were showing clips on MB network this morning of that press conference when he was speaking in English and he was trying to connect with the cubsfan. He's got a swagger. I love this guy like I think this is going to be a huge signing for Chicago. Here's the reason why I like the Cubs so much to win this division at the end of the day, because I think it's gonna be very close. I think when you have a guy like that, who's gonna say, give me the ball, I wanted the big spot. That is huge. By the way, Blake, you got it right. Hideo Nomo was the correct answer Deyoomo back in one, I believe for the Red Sox on back in the day.
Speaker 2: On Shoto him A Naga, he had a thirty three percent CSW with fourteen whiffs on the fastball and twelve whiffs on the splitter. That splitter had a fifty percent whiff rate, which is absolutely absurd. And here's an important thing. He was able to stay inside the zone when it counted an almost seventy percent zone rate on the fastball. Curveball had a fifty percent zone rate. That's gonna make the other stuff devastating. Where guys are actually scared that these pitchers are gonna been from strikes. So if you get a sixty almost seventy percent fastball hitting the zone and then you throw a slider that breaks out of this I'm sorry, a splitter that breaks out of the zone, guys don't know what the hell to do with it. He is devastating, you know what. Hat tip to our boy Justin Steele. He called it. He is him anaga. He is gonna move up massive amounts of rest of season ranks. I love him, and I don't think we are gonna see friendly k props moving forward with show now, this.
Speaker 1: Is why I jumped on from the get go. It was the perfect store. But it was the Rockies, a team that strikes had a ton. It was the debut. He's a swagger kind of pitcher who wants to go out there. And the spotlights he showed you in the WBC, even the Japanese League. Spotlight's not too big for him. Managa like it's just not so great outing by him. Also talk about hot starts. Mike Trout two solo homers yesterday, again solo homers because he plays for the Angels and nobody likes to get on base for Mike Trout. But still it's a really good start to the season for Mike Trout if he keeps this up. Welsh, I do believe that the Angels are gonna shop because I don't think if you're the Angels, you can realistically look at this situation you're in. You blue it once with Otana, you can't blow it again with Trout. I'm not saying they're free agent anytime soon, but you're not winning this year. You're not winning next year. If you're the Angels, If you can get a boat load for Mike Trout in prospects and remake your organization, do it because you already screwed up last year. You can't continue to do this and lose another ten years of this organization to again. It's like giant contracts for two guys and at the end of the day, like things don't work out. They had so much bad money. I mean, they have bad money going back to Albert Pooles, to Vernon Wells, to Josh Hamilton. Like they've had so many bad contracts over the years that they've given out to me. I understand why they get Trout the money. Of course, the best player in baseball, But now we's in his thirties. If he stays hot through April and May into June and stays healthy, I think Trout could be on the move in twenty twenty four, which I know sounds a little crazy, but I don't think it is.
Speaker 2: I just don't know who's gonna take on the money and what are they going to give it that's gonna make sense. I mean, what the what the Angels will lose in just team revenue for jerseys and people coming to see Mike Trout one of the best players when he's on the field, and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I just I've got a name for you. Okay, They've been trying to spend money, but nobody lets them because nobody wants to sign with them San Francisco Giants.
Speaker 2: But what are they gonna trade? What are they gonna Marco Luciana to be.
Speaker 1: A Luis Matos, Marciano, Kyle Harrison. They're gonna open it up.
Speaker 2: No way, no way they trade cayleson see. I think that that is the ultimate problem. This is gonna be a we have Mike Trout, this is what we want, and everyone every other team's gonna be like lol, lool because it's so much money. I just I think a logic is there. I think the Angels have kind of I think they missed their opportunity. I think they're gonna see it best serve to keep him on the field, doing what he does and trying to fool themselves and the fans into this being a contendious team. Then it's gonna be selling him for you know, a middle in Major league, you know prospect the type of guy, and then a low end prospect. I mean they don't know how to develop either. That's the other problem. Why would they want prospects when they can't develop any. They're moving an eighteen year old Nelson Roda not saying he's not worthwhile to double a because there's no development at the lower levels.
Speaker 1: I got another one for you new ownership group, a win now situation. Prospects to burn. What about the Orioles.
Speaker 2: I think he would be a great team leader for that team. I actually think that's actually kind of an interesting one. It's just like, but I gotta see the team. I don't think what matches is the money he's owed to the prospects the Angels would want, and I think that's the the cog that's broken.
Speaker 1: But I think they have, like I said, probably they do. They do the days to burn, and they've already got like you've already got Rutchman established, you'vedly got Gunner Henderson stablished, Jackson Holliday. Okay, so then you look to the rest of the pile, and it is an impressive pile. Let's be honest and look, you take what you can, but you're also then freeing up money if you're the Angels, even if you get just good prospects back that end up being major league ready talent, you're also freeing up money where you can start reinvesting in other players to start to reshape this organization because there's just not enough there to be competitive. It's a bigger conversation. I know we've taken up a lot. It might be the.
Speaker 2: Worst team in baseball if they trade Mike Trout, Like Mike Trout's gonna have thirty five Homers.
Speaker 1: And sixty them about the sixty eight.
Speaker 2: RBI when it's all pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be hockeyes might say, hold my beer. Bryce Harper oh for five against the Reds, He's oh for eleven. Don't worry, boys and girls, Bryce Harper will be fine. The Rangers unfortunately lost their third baseman, Josh Young, a fractured wrist. So that's gonna be a couple weeks. Now. This is really tough, especially in those people who love to abuse themselves in only leagues, not only fans, only leagues AL and NL. Right now, in Ale only, you lost Bryce Lewis and Josh Young within a few days of each other. A third base is Barren. I mean, Ezekiel Durant's gonna get more playing time in the short term. He's guess the guy you go to? JD. Davis again, another name, Like I'm just trying to think of some of the third base names that are out there. It's kind of slim pickens a little bit. But go ahead, Well you've got solutions.
Speaker 2: Well they're they're calling up Justin Foscue. So Justin Foscue got officially called up this morning, and that's going to be somebody that I think they'll probably called off to. Yeah, I mean they're calling him up, not just for depth. I think Ezekiel Duran is better for the kind of super util role. But I think they're probably gonna mix it between. I mean, Foscue was potentially up for this when Josh Young was hurt. He was up with the major league camp. I think Foscu is here to play, and foscue' is someone you probably want to pay attention to. Eighteen homers, fourteen stolen bases last year, two sixty average. He's had a couple games at Triple A so far, nothing special, but there is some power in that bat and he'll probably move down. Which here's the interesting thing is what this will do to Evan Carter. Evan Carter's been hitting eight against lefties and three against righty's. I wonder if even lefties this will move Carter up the lineup a little bit. But Foscu is probably the balance of picking up if you're in one of those only leagues. But to your point, if you lost him in a mixed league, third base is not the spot that you wanted to have to repair. And it's like, literally you said a good name. JD. Davis might be someone that you have to end up going to and that kind of stinks.
Speaker 1: And he's not special. If you're a fan of the show, you know this. Over the years, I've said it many times. He's not special, but he might be what you need is a stop gap guy. It's rough out there, you know, the Welsh. The more I think about Mike Trout and Baltimore, the more I like this because you also, you don't have to spend a lot of money on these young players right now, like you can wait on long term contracts for some of these young players like you have this window. It's kind of the same thing that happens in the NFL. When you have the good young quarterback, you can afford to spend on other pieces, right But when't you pay the big quarterback the big money all of a sudden, all the Niners, even the Chiefs before Mahomes got paid, the Baltimore Ravens before they paid lamor all those teams. You're able to do a lot more, a lot more flexibility, really would be interesting. Would not shock me pretty close to old home too. I mean, he's a guy that from that South Jersey area, it's pretty closer to the Baltimore kind of situation to the lower West coast into the East coast. YEP, it could be interesting, all right. So one more thing here, and I want to talk about this because I know a lot of people are messaging me. This is what the hell's going on. So Austin Riley, three run Homer yesterday, Atlanta, I don't everybody move to the alternate run line. I could have put this bad boy wherever I wanted it, because they won nine to nothing. But the problem is they won in eight innings because the game got called and everyone who wagered in that game got things voided or refunded. However you want to think about it, and that's fine. Now. It did cost me a fair amount of money yesterday because I did have it in a parlay, as we talked about, and like plus six hundred yesterday or seven hundred, and it would have been a really nice return. Here's what happens, because people do bet both sides of things, believe it or not, even though clearly the Atlantic side was the right side to be on, and clearly it was an official game. The theory is, had they had one more chance, you know, they could have come back and maybe scored ten runs. The next thing you know, the game flips. Because it is baseball and anything can happen in sports. So that's why everything got voided yesterday. So if you had investments in that game, it does suck. It's just part of the bad beats of baseball. It happens once in a blue moon, not that often. But that's the reason why it got voided. It doesn't matter how many innings they play, doesn't matter how big of a blow it is. When it's not it's an official game, but not a full game, that's what happens.
Speaker 2: I don't think every book does that, though, just to point out I don't think it's not.
Speaker 1: A lot of them did. I don't want to mention the books that did, but most of them did yesterday because I've got a fair amount of conversation about that. And yes, we got screwed. Look there's another Joe who got screwed yesterday. Look, don't worry, I got my best bet video up there on betting Pros already for the day. Today. We'll get back at it. We had the Dodgers, right, we had a Monaga right, we had a lot right, yesterday. Let's just be honest, and we're gonna get more right today and every day here most of it. And when we were wrong, we will hold ourselves accountable as always, so we are good about that. But it was a frustrating day because we were so right about Atlanta, Like it was just so easy. Pick on the White Sox, pick on the A's, pick on the Colorado Rockies. Just do this and you're gonna make money in baseball and you're gonna love life. You're also gonna love life if you subscribe to Fantasy pros MLB, because when you do, we're getting away free stuff like this Welsh Trophies Mac Championship trophy. Subscribe to the channel, drop a comment below that's it. Don't forget to ring the bell for notifications to Welsh's got his trade videos. I have my Waiver Wire videos leading off live every single day. But look at that magnificent trophy. It can be yours, Welsh. Also some fun, let's have some fun here. Blake Snell will make his debut with the Giants next Monday, so we'll see how that goes. Jordan Montgomery we'll start on Sunday for Triple A, so that's a good thing here, Arizona working him back the A's yesterday, which was a very big surprise option a story wherewives to Triple A Vegas welsh, what the hell happened here?
Speaker 2: Well, they said, you can't hit. He literally had no offense. They actually Mark Cootsee said the only reason he made the opening day roster was because Miguel Anduar suffered an injury, and that he's gonna go down to Triple A. He's gonna lead off and he's gonna learn to get on base. And that's it. There's nothing else to it. Like all of the worries that were thrown out to us were legitimate, and now you're gonna have to eat it, I will say. They said they're hopeful that this isn't going to be too crazy long, so just pay atension of how he is in tripa A. I'm still holding for a tiny bit, not that he's good, but because you probably drafted him in. I am trying to reach for steals a little bit more so. I wouldn't do anything too drastic yet, but this is an absolute panic situation with Estuary Ruiz zero sheriff, we wash won. I have won where I got him like post two hundred.
Speaker 1: In fact, I want to say he is on my Biggest Busts of twenty twenty four video that I did here on the channel. I want to want to say it. I will say it. He was. I know he was because when you steal seventy bases and you score, you know, fifty runs, that's a problem. I'm exaggerating only slightly, but like that's basically what was going on here. That is a big problem. So you know, here we go, here we go. Fun question here from the Peanuts Joey, what's your best baseball snack? Peanuts? Hot dog, corn dog, cotton candy. Oh, I do like a lot of these things. I am always a hot dog. I don't. Actually, cotton candy is one thing I don't.
Speaker 2: It's gross.
Speaker 1: My kids like the cotton candy, but it's more novelty. But you had me up in there. I'm always a hot dog at the ball game guy. I am always a helmet Sunday guy because it is a fact that ice cream tastes better in a helmet. I will always do the nachos. It depends on the place, you.
Speaker 2: Know, helmet nacho guy. I'm a pretty big helmet not guy.
Speaker 1: You know each It's funny City Field has the best food because they have the worst baseball. So you gotta have something there for the Mets fans to really enjoy themselves. Like, look, if you're not gonna be fulfilled, you know with the Mets team, at least you can be fulfilled with the snacks. But every ballpark, you know, like they do that garlic fries out in sand France, Like every ballpark, the regionalism's things, there's you should always try those things. But I'm always a hot dog guy, and I'm always a helmet Sunday guy, and I'm always the pretzel guy. I'm always a big pretzel guy. What about you wash what's your go to snaw?
Speaker 2: I think it's nachos, nachos even like the cheat, Like I'll talk myself, I'm like, I don't want the nachos, and then it's like, you know what, I'll just go with a platter of cheese and plain chips that probably cost him thirty five cents to total put together, or you get the gourmet notch. I did it with the Diamondbacks last year. It's like twenty seven dollars completely not worth it. But you know what, I had a great time eating these gourmet nachos out of a helmet, and I dealt with it.
Speaker 1: Here you go. Here's the answer from one of the Peanuts beers. It is Carlson likes eat. Carlson likes beers. What's your favorite snack? Beers? Beers can only get two at a time.
Speaker 2: I think five beers.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you put it in a helmet, I get some more beers. I don't think Carlson talks. I love it, Carlson. I'm just having fun. I actually am not a big beer at the ballgame, person. I like the souvenir cups. I'm more of like a soda souvenor not because I don't like to drink. That's clearly you've spent enough time with me. That's not the case. But at the ball game, which is never a big beer at the ballgame, guy, I'm just not.
Speaker 2: But I'll I'm a tall boy at the tall.
Speaker 1: Boy your a yard. I have the funniest collection of souvenir cups over the last like twenty years. We might have to do a segment once a week about the souvenir cups. And I mean, like some really funny, like that guy played there twelve?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? You're twelve souvenir.
Speaker 1: I like the Souvenir cups. Well Mark for the Souvenir cups. Let's talk about also Marks Moore. How about this one? The Dodgers are calling up Danelson, Lamett Welsh your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I actually saw Lamett throw just see like two weeks ago in the backfields. Literally no one was there. Lamette was just like walking across the grass throwing against the White Sox. I don't think much of it. I don't think Lamett is long for a major league roster, and I would probably bet against Lamette.
Speaker 1: There you go, betting against him. Sean Manya eight strikeouts, six shoutout innings. Connor Joe continues to be red hot to start the season. Are you buying any of these two early good aprils from either of these two players who were floating around most waiver wires. That's another guy, by the way, Connor Joe my qualified their base in your league two.
Speaker 2: I mean like buying, Like sure, I'm picking up. I'm comfortable streaming Mania in good spots. You know, if it was like a Braves matchup, I'm sitting him and Connor. Joe's interesting because he's leading off and it doesn't look like this team wants to make it any big adjustments anytime soon. O'Neil Cruz keeps hitting like six, so yeah, you want more at bats. Connor Joe's probably gonna score some runs. He's been decent deeper leagues. I'm interested in Connor.
Speaker 1: Joe's so funny. I see you Peanuts and Cracker Jacks tone in the jet. I'm with you, Joey Low collecting a superhero cups. I have a hologram Jim Tomy cup hitting a home run.
Speaker 2: I mean I shouldn't like, I shouldn't call you a child, by the way, as a person with like autographs everywhere and everything like that, but.
Speaker 1: Say, yeah, child, it's a guy where you know, you get twelve year old's room. Come on, by the way, here we go and this is whips. Joe runs the bases after they with the little leaguers one hundred percent, and you know what, I knock him down and I outrun him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's a competitions, like throw me a ball thrown. Joe's the guy with a glove at the ball game, running around, try to get the ball thrown all right.
Speaker 1: Another thing for fun. Jared Durant three hits, three steals, two runs against the A's So much fun. He has five steals in five games. Oh, I love Jaron Durant so much, so good, one of our favorite players. Rookie lookie time. Max Meyer charged with two five innings. Mike Trout was really his only problem yesterday. Slid slider look good. Would you think of the Max Meyer outing four strikeouts in this one? Five? He's gonna be a five inning pitcher. You just have to deal with that, everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I said that yesterday. That was My concern with him is like, I just don't know how deep he can go into games. He's gonna have to be efficient to be a to be a guy that's going to qualify for wins. I don't think this team is any good. Marlin's clearly are just a garbage team right now, and they should be selling off. So I'm a little bit indifferent. Like, as good as Meyer looked, he can't go deep into games. He's not gonna get a ton of offensive support right now. So you know, probably a streamer, probably keep him to a streamer spot when he's playing teams like the Angels. But Slider looked good. He looked pretty good. Great buy in Dynasty right now for next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this was the time to buy him right now. Actually into this year's draft. Jason Lloyd does Waldo Cabrera, hot start, plays, four positions were the pickup. Yeah, I mean flexibility right now. I think he is a good player potentially. I don't think he is a game changing player. But when good players are good streaks, Let's say he has a really good month of April, that's helpful. If you have Josh Jung, if you have Royce Lewis, like, that's enough to get by, and you got to patch it together and figure things out till you get to Memorial Day or whenever these guys come up. Also, Louis Heel one run, one hit, over four and two thirds. Again a limited start against the d Backs. So what do you think of Heel's start for the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looked good. There's some command issues that he's gonna have to deal with, but fastball was absolutely pumping. He looked he kind of looked exactly how you expect the like big flame throwing Yankee pitchers to look, but I think he's gonna be able to manage some of the command issues. Diamond. It's interesting because the Diambacks are one of the lowest strikeout teams out there as well, so this is gonna be one of the more patient teams, one of the better offenses early on. So you actually might see a lot more upside coming from him. So if that command starts to tick up just a tiny bit, Louis Gail is going to be somebody that I don't know, he could maybe move beyond like streaming, Like I would probably rather Louise Giel than Max Meyer right now.
Speaker 1: I don't know about and would you I'd rather have Meyer? But what about Blanco? Right he is? What this is the conversation like, yeah, heil Meyer, Brady Singer. I know someone was talking about the chat about him like Blanco's thing was fun. But I again, am I chasing it? I'm not and maybe I'm wrong. We'll see Jackson Merrill first big league homer, that's one of Welsh's boys, and Tyler Freeman first homer as well. On Monday, in a loss to the MS a little three up and three down, Anthony Volpi four for four talked a lot in this offseason on this channel about Anthony Volpey. We talked about a twenty twenty guy, YEP sleepers video, all these things. He has gotten off to a red hot start. This is huge for the Yankees offense if he can. I told you he is a better player than you saw last year. It was a rough first year, but a rough first year when you're twenty twenty and you're like twenty two years old, that's pretty okay. Volpi was gonna figure it out. And it looks like he's figuring it out. So that is fantastic. Ten or how ten K's again against the A's but still pretty much Now any pitcher I see, I'm looking for the strikeout prop. I was curious about Helck yesterday and I was like, no, Joe, don't get crazy, don't be stupid, just control yourself, don't get out of control. And now after that, I think I might get out of control when it comes to the A's Welsh, I think I.
Speaker 2: Just I'm trying to control myself. I actually have a prop with Brian Beao today when we get to the bet segment. But it is tough because there's a part of you that wants to say I'm taking the over every single time. It's not always going to pay off. But here's one clear thing that's going on with the A's. They cannot hit breaking pitches. There were nine swinging whiffs on how slider. So if anybody has got like a good slider, good splitter, good breaking type of pitch, you're probably gonna induce a decent amount of k's on that thing. If you got a fastball that works. And that's what Bao does. So Bo I think is gonna be able to change up everything. It's gonna be able to rock some strikeouts. Even though I feel like a like when I look at the A's and Rockies right now, I feel like every day they're a mark. But I'm a little like, oh, I'm gonna get got Like I don't want to bet them every single day because it's not gonna work it well point, but it is working every single night.
Speaker 1: It's gonna work one hundred out of one hundred and sixty two games. It's gonna be good like it probably more than that, probably one hundred and ten ish one hundred and fifteen times. Like that's a good ratio.
Speaker 2: Remember when I said to take it the under on wins on betting pros for the A's and the Rockies, and it was like, I don't know, you don't want to pick on the worst teams? Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, but the question was they won fifty games last year, right, or fifty one games?
Speaker 2: They won fifty games last year and the line was fifty seven, Like, so.
Speaker 1: How do they get seven games better on that roster? Like, I don't see it. I don't see how that happened at all. That's the problem. So get ready to Las Vegas. Viva Las A's Kyle Tucker two for three, a pair of two run dingers too, So the last one big win there again, that was kind of lost to the shuffle, to the Blanco stuff. Three down, Ryan Peppio was Pepino six runs, five and two thirds yesterday lost to the Rangers. Joe Boyle not good two and two thirds, eight hits, seven earned, four walks, four k's and Tristan mckenzon mackenzie excuse me, three and a third gave up five runs four earned in that one. So McKenzie the guy was away from you know, he was intriguing to me a few years ago when nobody was on him, and then to me, it was like you got the best out of him. The frame was very terrifying. I sold him in my keeper league right after around that season, Like in that season when he was being so good because he was cost me nothing, I was, I can'tm gonna flip this guy because I'm concerned. Is Mackenzie a guy you think you're ever gonna be able to depend on? Because it just doesn't feel like that to me.
Speaker 2: No. I mean it's specifically because you said depend on will you have good start?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Will he have good strikeout numbers?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, But no, I don't I think he's always gonna live in that like streamery type of spot. And that's and I'm I'm blanket calling a lot of guys like this. But if I look at a guy that I don't feel comfortable starting ninety percent of the time, regardless of the matchup, they do fall into streamer spots. If you're in ten and twelve man leagues like Mackenzie, I don't think is much more than a matchup based pitcher. And there's really been nothing that's told us much differently.
Speaker 1: Injuries always around for major League baseball, justin Verlander h throwing fifty two pitch bullpen session yesterday, so going in the right direction. Jordan Romano scheduled to throw a bullpen today. The Mets put Tylor McGill on the fifteen day IL and apparently they're talking to Julio Teheran. So again, City Field, you better get those nachos really tight. I've heard this year they've got the Italian tri color cookies deep fried in egg roll rappers, like almost like yeah, I don't know, man, but I want to try it. But it's still not enough to get me to the stadium. That's that's the problem.
Speaker 2: You don't want to pay fourteen dollars for an egg rolled cookie. That's actually why I have to pay fast.
Speaker 1: I would pay fourteen dollars to try that. I don't want to pay fifteen dollars to park there before I have to do it. That's where the that's the disconnect between the two things, the fourteen dollars for the novelty food item that I'll probably like that.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, you're gonna like an egg rolled cookie. Well, I don't understand what that is. I don't know, man, awful, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm intrigued. I just want to try it. Then. Also, we've got the Diamondbacks putting Alec Thomas on the ten day injured list with a drain left hamstring. Any thoughts on that one, Welsh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they brought up Jorge Barrosa, who immediately crushed a double last night. I actually think he will get some opportunities. It's probably gonna lead to a little bit more. Jake McCarthy super interesting. I still look at that they went and paid twelve and a half million dollars for Jock Peterson and they won't put him in the outfield. He's just going to be a dh I just don't understand it. I wish it would have gone after so lair, But you know, look for more opportunities to pop up. Maybe they do put Peterson in an outfield, maybe Blaze gets more of a shot. But I don't think there's anything I would really care about picking up Barrosa or McCarthy from anybody. Just a bummer for Alec.
Speaker 1: All right, now, yesterday we failed miserably, So should we say it together today or should.
Speaker 2: We How about the cadence here?
Speaker 1: I think that's the question.
Speaker 2: How about you do the front and the back and I do the middle. You go, It's time for the bets and I'll go of the and then you go.
Speaker 1: Day. Are we saying best bets or bets of the day? Best bets?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you say the best bets and then I'll do of the How about y'all do the back, You do the front? Perfect, we do it?
Speaker 1: Go all right, all right, it's that time. Everybody's time for the best bets of the day. With Joey p in the Welsh. That felt good. Let's go. I think we found it all right. You can follow us by the way over at Betting Pros. Subscribe to the channel, don't forget join our group Bettingpros dot com slash leading off. You can follow myself and the Welsh follow our bets every day and on social media. Our favorite bets of the day are out there too, so go follow us on Fantasy Pros MLB, on the Instagram, on Betting Pros, on the Twitter and in the Instagram or the x whatever the hell we're calling you today for me bet of the day raise minus one and a half at plus one forty five against the Texas Rangers. Now Josh Young's out of that lineup. Efflyn has a nine era right now. But as we talked about last week, it was a good start for e Flin until the fifth inning and things unraveled, which is the bad first start. He is always good at home. This is a perfect opportunity here where you look at the lines and I just think the lines are wrong today on this one, so I'm gonna take advantage of it now. I'm be wrong at the end of the day, but with Eflin on the mound against Andrew Heeney, to me, this is a good opportunity plus money plus one forty five at minus one and a half, I love this one. You're also getting Shane Bieber over on the strikeouts today against the Mariners, who have struck out a tons so far this year. Six and a half k's that's the number going over that at minus one twenty, So the juices it's okay, But Bieber has been so good I will give him a shot to get the seven. Same thing with you. Darvish over six and a half today minus one twelve in his start as well. So I like the Rays, I like Shane Bieber, I like Darvish. If you could put the Rays and the red Sox together. By the way, Red Sox going against two Welsh, they so raise minus one and a half Red Sox minus one and a half. Put those bad boys together, you get plus three seventy seven. Go bet that at bet three six five, and again use that promo code leading off. When you do bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty in the bonus bets. That's what you want here, but don't forget use that promo code leading off when you sign up at bet three six five Welsh. What do you like today in the betting world?
Speaker 2: All right? I would like to remind everybody to follow us on the Betting Pros app if you guys want to see, because I had a situation yesterday where I was two for one on the show and I added a bet later, and if you had followed me on Betting Pros, you could I did a ladder. I did a mini ladder, by the way, Matt Waldron, I laddered bet his k's and I hit both sides of my ladder. So for better for worse, by the way, because you could follow me and I have a bad day, I'm bracing for it because if you go on Betting Pros, I got the little fire next to my name because I got a three day hot streak going, so hopefully I can continue, but we all know how that goes. So leading to the bets, here's what I have got for you today, Rainaldo Lopez four and a half strikeouts minus one, twenty five over. Lopez is a high strikeout guy twenty nine point nine percent K percentage. Last year he was showing off those strikeouts in spring training stretch out as a starter for the Atlanta Braves. They're going up against a White Sox who our twenty second in k's per It's so interesting. I wrote a note. I was like, Chicago old team. I don't know what I wrote there. That's what confused me. But there, twenty second is strikeouts per game, which is about ten strikeouts per That's all that actually really matters about the Chicago White Sox. So I think this is a really low number. He can get a little bit walky, but Lopez has been an absolute fireball. His walk percentage up near twelve. So if that gets ahead of him, eh, but it doesn't. With the White Sox, they strike out a bunch. Four and a half is a super low number. Don't want to get too cheeky with going too high on this, but four and a half take that good juice. I mentioned Brian Beyo with the Red Sox strikeouts. I want to play, and I think you can because the Aas.
Speaker 1: Strikeout is this one. It was my fourth one. It didn't make the top three.
Speaker 2: It was right there and I'd be comfortable with it, but I went in different direction. I went walks one and a half under, and it's a plus money play at plus one twenty five over on bet three six five. Beyo last year a six percent walk rate, which is solid. No walks in his first start, and the A's have the seventh least walks in baseball right now per game, so I get the cushion of one walk. I just need not to I get plus money. It's a little bit riskier, but I'm playing it out for a full unit, and then finally I'm gonna play, actually a nerfee play with which is no run first inning. I'm going with the Mariners and Cleveland, who've got Luis Castillo and Shane Bieber. That is minus one thirty five. It's a little bit juice, but if I had to pick one, I really like it. I just need no runs to be scored between those two ace pitchers. Those are my three bets of the day.
Speaker 1: There you have it, everybody, don't forget Subscribe to Betting Pros and Fantasy Pros MLB to get all of your daily MLB information, news, notes, fantasy, and fun because that's what we do here on leading off. All right, Welsh, it's time again to go to the home run board. Let's see how the folks are doing after Monday. Look at that sclarkup or is it s Clark P? I like Sark Clark. It sounds like one of the aliens from like the Simpson I want to say, But up at the top of the leaderboard at four, a whole bunch of people at three. I still have yet to get on the board. But Welsh, I think it's time for Joey p to get somebody out of a slump's claiming a slump, and I think it's time to get Bryce Harper out of a slump. So me and Bryce hold the hands today, Babe. I check the weather too. It should be clearing up in Philadelphia by the time we get the game time. So give me Bryce Harper to go yard today and finally get me on the board. Welsh is on the board, Welsh, where are you going for your home run call for Tuesday?
Speaker 2: I want to get a few more. I feel you I got the very first day, I got my homer, and it's just been zero zero zero.
Speaker 1: Sia, you got one.
Speaker 2: Well, I got a guy that's also got a zero, and maybe it can change today. I'm going with seas Zuki, who put up big, big power numbers in spring. Everybody big breakout. He's had over sixty percent hard hit rate. We got wins that are pushing out now, they are pushing out right field a little bit eighteen million or so, big wins pushing out of the stadium. I am gonna go with seyas Zzuki for the home run called today.
Speaker 1: Question here from the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks, has Joey pigpe given up on the Mets yet? You're saying that I had hopes and expectations. That's what that question implies, of which I had none. We're in a rebuild. Just commit to the rebuild trade, Alonzo, give me something to look forward to. Ronnie. When Ronnie Mauricio got hurt, that was when I said, yep, see it in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Five, Ronnie Mauricio took you off the train.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that was like one of those things like, Okay, we have at leap Alvarez, we have Mauricio, We've got Lindor, we got out Alonzo. We've got a lot of pieces here that we can kind of put together and say this is a team that's kind of going in the right direction. But then we didn't tend to the pitching staff, and we're not gettended to the pitching staff, and Marisio got hurt. I went my hands on fantasy and baseball. Yeah, he'll be gone by July, so that's fine too. If you want to get involved in our home run contest, or just remember starting tomorrow actually cleaning up right, we're gonna be talking on our discord after leading off more leading off if you can believe it, So join our discord Fantasy dot Com slash chat. It's free, it's fun. After leading off tomorrow, you hop on Discord and we'll be on there, Welsh myself talking more show, taking your questions, and you get to interact more with us, which I know that's what everybody loves, the interaction with us. Can't get enough of it. Welsh any final thoughts of the day today that what are you picking out something like that wild cobweb back there?
Speaker 2: I feel like I was doing a magic trick. I'm like.
Speaker 1: He did a very you had very nice like model hands.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was watching myself in the camera if anybody ever, it's it's rough on the YouTube sometimes because I have all these things going on, so my eyes are just like binging around. I'm looking at stuff. So I was watching myself do this. It actually might be part.
Speaker 1: You're an illusionist look of the players. There you go, that's probably what it is. You're you're you're wearing the wig around the house, and then this will.
Speaker 2: Be our new character. Well, Joey, this is Wiggy mchonds.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited to see the mix something with you.
Speaker 2: I'm Wiggy McPherson. I'm the ex baseball player to steal lots of basses. You know about Hal McCrae, Yes you do. WICKI mcan's here is very excited about April second. Another no hitter.
Speaker 1: I'm calling it terrifying. I did like your illusionist hands though you were gonna pull with Look at me who I pull this player from the waiver wire who is it. Oh, it's JD. Davis. Look at this. How nice this is. Ah, I've got so many pitches to pull from from thin air. We should do that. We should teach you to do that and then pull baseball cards instead of.
Speaker 2: Brom Us at nineteen thousand on the YouTube, I was gonna say, if we if we had prepped for it, I could have done like some magic.
Speaker 1: There you go, a cousin Donnie is gonna stop by your house and teach you something. He actually does know some magic stuff he could teach you.
Speaker 2: He does. He actually showed it to my kids. My kids, they're absolutely fascinated with him.
Speaker 1: All right, well, that'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on. Join us tomorrow live again and join our discord Fantasybros dot Com slash chat to get more leading off and don't forget also sink your leagues today, download my playbook MLB and use the tools of fantasy to make you a pro at Fantasy Baseball. We're going to see you next time. Kids. For the Welsh I'm Joey P. Or should I say for David Blaine, I'm Joey P. We'll see you tomorrow. Kids enjoy your Tuesday baseball rub.