Speaker 1: Shoe.
Speaker 2: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my row Flame come in with last and come in with you and her love lambs. Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 3: What's up? Tips?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know she.
Speaker 2: Raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second. We're gonna last come in to kick in, and at the end we leave it with just a list of spirits. Think you want to revisit so your first second listen, you'll folks say you slipt oh fulking, We dig it's good.
Speaker 3: No this do what you do? No, do what you do?
Speaker 1: No kiss, do what I do? No fish.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, hey, this is comedian Flame Monroe and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn. Baby. Let me tell y'all. Coming tomorrow is Flame on Rose Birthday. Now it's not my birthday, per se, but it is Flaming Rose Birthday because the first time I created this lady, it was on Halloween. I will tell you what year, but it's a voting year and we got to hold some of these truths. How your body Turffer, Yeah, it's gonna be my birthday tomorrow. Don't ask me, Am I given out a trick or a treat. I turned plenty tricks and I gave away many treats. I just want you to know. That's how it has happened in my life. But we're glad to be here. Happy Halloween to everybody that celebrates Halloween and all that foolishes.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I saw the funniest joke about Halloween that Jehovah's witnesses don't celebrate Halloween because they don't like strangers coming to their door the irony, and they not go every stranger's door every save the morning. I said, oh, that is funny.
Speaker 3: At shit, that is funny that I was funny. I had a girl that was a Jehovah witness that I drove home from work once and it was Christmas time and I might have told this before, and I had Christmas music on and she asked me to take it off, and I said, oh why, I didn't know if she didn't like it, I didn't know what it was. And she said, because the last celebrate to the Jehovah witnesses was John the Baptist when he got beheaded so they don't celebrate, and she and if she found it offensive my music, and I was thinking, I don't know how offensive you'll find it to walk to thirty miles home? But I was I was a nice, nice girl, and I shut it off, but I was missing my whole.
Speaker 4: Ho ho tell Ooh okay, that was fun. That was funny. By I'm gonna leave it alone because I almost said something. Yeah, look, enough people have said the wrong shit this whole weekend. Y'all been watching the news which we were talking about it. I'm going to bite my tongue on that one, because baby, y'all or somebody did read the room? Or did they? That's the question. Did that comedian room read the room or not? Because I always tell y'all read the room? Did he read the room? He felt safe enough to say exactly that when the whole world was watching. But we'll get down to that. First of all, we want to start off as welcome to everybody, Thank you. We our episode m twenty three. Bobby, is this twenty three two? I give me the wrong number last week. I'm sorry, it's actually twenty two. Make twenty two. That means keep one with you? Oh yeah. The number twenty two, and we thank you guys for joining us. Please tell your friends to download us on Apple, Amazon, Spotify, ie Height, but definitely on the Black Effect Network because that is why we are here. We want to more in the passing of Terry gar a great actress. You may remember her from so many different movies, but the two that Bobby and I just mentioned off camera was a young Frankenstein, and my personal favorite was Tutsi. She played Dustin Offen, his girlfriend and he got a dragon, stole her job. Sound familiar, but she was so sure, it was so cute, and she had battled multiple sclerosives for many, many years. How old was your Bobby?
Speaker 3: She was seventy nine, so she must have been fifty nine, which scares the but Jesus out of me because I thought there was a window for ms and I thought that you and I were certainly out of that window to even think about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hold on, back up, stop that story you were. Don't put me in your age demographic. I am thirty nine. I don't know why you were com Ooh, y'all better get the woman, y'all better get she's acting like a Republican.
Speaker 3: Oh oh too, funny. Yeah, but she's what a sweet She was super sweet and I would have loved to have seen her do more. But I think her illness hit really, really hard. I think it was exceptionally debilitating for her, so I think it took a run out of doing any work. So that that's kind of sad.
Speaker 4: So it's not the one that breaks down your muscles though, that's multiple that's the multiple month. Oh I can't say the words.
Speaker 3: Muscular dystrophe, but this is multiple sclerosis, does it is? It's so you can't Oh my god. Blair is her last name. I'm there's a girl and she played in she's been in a few movies and Selma Alma Blair and she.
Speaker 4: Blond.
Speaker 3: That's exactly that's what I was trying to think of, as well as Christina Applegate. They all three of them have it, and it's it puts you off. For some people, it's like they can't stand, Like you get dizzy as well, and it's it's it's a horrible, horrible, horrible thing.
Speaker 4: Y'all didn't know. This is laughing and prayers to those ladies, But you know, all of those symptoms that you just described. We watch all week on the news, right.
Speaker 3: It's true, you're not lying, but unfortunately these ladies have an actual reason to actually have it. So so our hats go off to her and her family. She was a she was a terrific lady. Uh yeah, that's too bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, rest in peace to Terry Guard. You guys google her. She was a really really good actress. And from all the celebrities coming out that was from her era, they have such pleasant things to say about you because you know, these celebrities didn't like back in the day, because you got to watch old Benny Davis interviews. If Benny Davis didn't like you, she had no problem called her straight out, right out with that cigarette, like, oh she was terrible. Y'all ain't like that that y'all run to the internet and make up some shit. Oh my god, oh she was. Yeah, that's to it.
Speaker 3: But five days will be five days to the election. It's kind of scary. We've had some we've had some endorsements. Arnold Schwartzen Nigger, who is a lifetime he will he says he is an American before he's a Republican. You absolutely have to vote for Kamala and then somebody I don't know. I don't know if you've ever followed wrestling. I'm not somebody. So we saw the Helk and we saw the Undertaker. Is that his name? They came up for Trump? Somebody named Mick Foley. He his wrestling name was Mankind. He didn't want to come out, he didn't want to discuss it, but he's in one he lives in one of the Spring states, and he said they're going to be so tight that if he could sway just a handful of votes, like a couple hundred votes, and that makes the difference. He had to endorse Kamala. I think he also is is a lifelong Republican, but he said this is this is something very different, and we need to come out.
Speaker 4: And the respect that I have for the Republicans, especially especially the lifelong ones or the people who were staunch I'm going to vote this way, but you have chosen your country over your partisanship or over the foolishness that's happening that you see because what we all are, and Bobby and I have discussed this, which is why we look like what we look like on this show. We are Americans and we want to save our country y'all know that other one is an agent of chaos and he want to take us to hell, and we all know we don't pay a prayer for that. I do believe there will be a few incidents no matter what. But I'm telling you something right now the South. What happened in the South when that rise again. We have to get to these polls. And I love that she has really been after the men uh to sway back on her side. But I think what really helped I apply to Bobby without even asking for it, was the fact that at the Trump rally at Madison Square Garden the other day, Uh, the comedian Tom Hecliffe in his name Ki Kiltny. He has a podcast called kill Tony. Now, he was very good at the he and here's the thing. I think he's a pretty decent not even a pretty decent. He's a funny comedian, but he is an insult comedian. Like, uh, yeah, what was the lady's name? Tall really really rude. Oh my gosh, she retired, she lost all the way and retired. She loved comedian. She was an insult comer. Guy. I can't think of her name, and it'll come to me anyway. Uh, because he did the Tom Brady rose to move. But he came out with the joke about there's a floating island of garbage in the middle of the ocean. Now it's called Puerto Rico. So for and I tell you, and I said this on callb me Tan. If you call a Puerto Rican a Mexican, or if you call a Mexican a Puerto Rican, they get in their feelings, they really do get They they don't like to be But when you attack the Latino community, whether you are Cuban, Puerto Rican, Mexican, Guatemala, they stick together like glue. And I'm telling you that loud insult was like a shot heard around the world. They are going and it's plenty now he did me. He did tell the truth. They do have a lot of babies. I even say that, don't say as a joke, but they stick together. When I tell you, they're gonna put the call out baby, the Latino community is really gonna go in. They may change their man because of that bullshit, and we may get a lot of those most body.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope so, because I mean, he is a gross comedian, that's what he's He's done. Now I only learned this from you from when you were on Cherry Shepherd. I don't so Trump is trying to come out and say his team that they knew nothing about nothing. That's not true. We've heard through CNN, through MSNBC. They had to submit a script and they actually made him take out. I guess they were going to call the Vice president the C word. So they're reported you and I don't know this. This is what we've heard, and they made they pulled it out. So why was that okay to pull out? And he didn't just go for the Puerto Rican which is, by the way, American. They're part of us. They're picking on part of us, which doesn't surprise me because Trump last week in a rally called the several times he said it, he called the United States a garbage can. So that's what he that's what he's thinking of us, which is really disappointing. So this is really saying that a floating island garbage is sort of in line. But he insulted the Jews, he insulted women, He insulted black people, some of them some about carving watermelons or something really outrageous. And I think he actually people are probably going to be mad at him, but I think he did his job. Just like the Tom Brady roast. He couldn't. He was given an assignment, he delivered the assignment, and now all of a sudden, this backlash because they didn't realize, ooh, you know, this wasn't so great. I have to say, I don't know who the other speakers were. Maybe you do. Somebody said that Kamala Harris had pimp handlers. Somebody else called her the Antichrist. I didn't recognize any of them, to be honest with you, so it was kind of lost on me. But it was.
Speaker 4: So back to what you said about Handcliff, and I'd love that you said that you learned it from a series show. So when Bobby is telling you all that when I did the series ships show, everything that I told the joke about they had already scripted. We had went over it with line by line and not so that some stuff was not improv but nothing inappropriate. So they knew exactly what was going to be said. And that was on Sheffy Sheppard show. This was way bigger, so they knew exactly which word everything that was going to be said that came out so, and the mere fact when Trump came out and said, oh, I don't know who he is. I didn't even know he was on the show, absolutely not true because you have say so over anything, everything that comes on that stage before you come out. So yeah, that's BS. That was BS. But he offended the Latin community so bad, and he did offend black people Jews. Will you know what shocks me the most, Bobby Badman, cause, especially with the Jewish community, that New York is so flooded with the Jewish community and they protested sue about everything, and the men of fact that they did not have big protests about this. But then I read somewhere that they kept this rally really on the quiet to the public to accept to certain people because he was able to fill the arena, because they didn't want the protesters in a rally. Because I was like, well one of the Jewish community had I know, they should be protesting and having the meltdown like a Nazi rally after the Holocaust all there, but they did. I read somewhere else that they did keep it on the hush, so because I was like, they should have been stonewall in their place.
Speaker 3: The whole thing he came out. I guess he spoke for seventy eight minutes, which you know he does off the top of his head. He's just a rambling full if he's a rambling man. Like as the song goes, he said it was a love fest. It was going to be if when he wins, it'll be liberation Day. He's absolutely spoken about this in the past. He is speaking about the win already, like he's already setting the stage for if he loses that he's actually going to win. So, you know, it does make you a little nervous after seeing, after seeing, you know, the twenty twenty response to his loss, and then.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry the Cheeta is on because Bobby, they have burned it. They burned the mailbox in Washington State, they burned one in Oregon. Uh, all these voters they there was some young teenage guy walking around just saw the story before we came on with a machete threatening people who was going to one of the voting polls. I'm not sure what state. Then you know they had the there was a video, there's a video on TikTok as we speak, I seen it with my own as of a young white boy. Maybe twenty twenty one. He was very young in a big white truck and somebody cut him off road rage in Palm Palm Beach, Florida, and he said he stuck his finger out the window and gave them the bird and said f you to the couple who was recording him with their child in the car. They had their baby in the car, and then he hollered Trump twenty twenty four, bitch. So whatever the rage or the control old or the we're going to do this and this is it is. It is like a pressure cooker, Bobby, And I think Tuesday night will blow this top off of because what you just see. Oh, he definitely will claim victory lumb before the votes are counted, just to get it going. Because that's why I'll kick it off.
Speaker 3: Oh I agree, and we're back.
Speaker 4: Oh Bobby, you change your lipstick. I love it.
Speaker 3: So so now on the opposite side, so we know what the message was there, and you know what, I know I probably keep beating this drump. I'm just so disappointed with Donald Trump because all of these, all of these rallies and et cetera, et cetera, they're all opportunities to cut him kind of flip the script, do you know, like is he all he has to do is try to win that that those Nicky Hayley undecided swing voters, and instead of enlisting her help. I heard her on on an interview this week she hasn't spoken to him or his campaign since July. She and her team are ready to be there, but his pride keeps him from actually enlisting her and getting those swing votes. So it just seems crazy to me. He just keeps on with the same old rhetoric. But Vice President Harris was in the ellipse where Trump was four years ago when he told everybody to fight like hell and kind of drove them down to the January sixth, and she was giving what she called her closing arguments, and it was hopeful. It was if we don't agree with people, she said, I'm going to give people a seat at the table. I'm going to you know, she's going to have Republicans independence, she's going to have a more diverse cabinet. She you know, she just went on and on, and I felt, you know, some of it, I go the same old we all roll our eyes because it's what we've heard. But I thought, my god, this is so it's polar opposite to what he's saying. And she's trying to get those people and dried them in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, isn't that well Bobby and I love that, But isn't that what America is? We're boring with I'm boring with stew Bee. If it was just the Stu Mee, there was no veggies, there was no claris, there was no peas, there were no Onions and Bell Pepper. That is what America is supposed to be is a hodgepodge, a melting pot. Even with that, they have segregated areas. They have a Polish community, they don't have an Asian community. They had lots of Black community. But I don't know why the division that he has brought with the last ten years, and it has been more than his life, the last ten years. I heard Laura trumps Creak on the Records Club last week and she said, I've known him sixteen years. I said, that was the sixteen years that you did not know him, because he has shown you who he was since the seventies. But and now he he's telling it. Bobby, here's the thing you thought we know to holler, oh you're playing in my face. When I tell you, they're not playing in your face. They're telling you to your face. Kallen Harrys say say it to my face. Yeah, Trump, Trump and his people are saying what they're exactly what they're going to do to our face. Mike Mike Johnson, the Speaker of the House, yesterday said that he's ready to take a blow torch to the Affordable Care Act. Now that is Obamacare for those of you all who did not read to find out, the same people who thought that Trump sent you a stimulate hick. Yeah, I'm talking to you. The Affordable Care Act and Obamacare is the exact same act that just put a different name on it. You know, for us, be cautious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, be very cautious. And he is telling us that. I find that shocking too, because you watch these shows. And I watched Chris Sonuno, who is New Hampshire. He's just above me, He's thirty miles away from me. I don't want to say he was sticking up for Trump, but he was saying, well, you know, if he's baked into his conversation, you know he's gonna he's gonna talk a whole bunch of mess. I'm gonna say, that's not that's not the expression he used. And I'm thinking, no, that's not okay, though, Chris, I don't want to if if we're not letting her or President Biden get it get along with any rhetoric. And by the way, President Biden was pissed with the whole Porto Rico sing I love.
Speaker 4: When he gets mad and get the babbling.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you could you could see it gets like a twitch in one of his eyes. And yeah, he's he said, the only garbage that he sees are Trump supporters, and that's not what he meant. I think he means that the people speaking it and the rhetoric that comes out of their mouth, but they ate them alive.
Speaker 4: Well, that that's the difference, because they went, like I told you, they were weaponized everything that we say, Well, they will utilize everything that he says. And that's the difference. The weapon that is what we say, but utilizers what he said. That's a good title.
Speaker 3: Said. He made a mistake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bob, Bobby, that was and heard me and hear me, Well, we are watching white Privilege. I was watching Van Layton yesterday and Van Layton said that we are getting in masterclass on what white privilege really looks like for the really really wealthy, for the really really rich and powerful. And because it's not that we see Donald Trump with his hand in the cookie yard this food and stole the whole kitchen and were looking at on video, and y'all would tell us that's not what you're looking at. You looking at the simms.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, no, that's not that's not him in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, he turned around and smiled at the camera, so you can see that it's him, and his father will still say, oh no, that's Ai. That's not him, baby, it's off the chain.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I absolutely it's And that's the part I guess that's the part I'm so disappointed with that. I never anticipated as Americans that that we would fall for it like that. I thought we were I don't know, I thought we all had our eyes opened. But but I'm telling you it's we already know. The margins are going to be tiny, teeny tiny, it's going to be there's there's such a gap, a gender gap between the two as well. You know, fifty three percent of women are backing Harris and thirty six are backing Trump, and then it's almost flipped for the men. You know, the numbers are almost the same for the men thirty five I think backing Harris and and and then the women are less, you know, like or the women are more vice versa kind of crazy. And this is going to come down You've been saying that as well. This is going to come down to the women. Women are so outraged that people are going to try to harm their bodies or tell them what to do with their bodies that that's yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I just when we were on the Breakfast Club the last time we did the Reference Cup together, I said, it's up to women to say this country. Women, I'm telling you, and I can't beat you up about you believe in some of the things that Trump says in Woo Woo. But my question to women is do you believe in yourself? Because he's taking away your right to believe in you And y'all have one on women empowerment and I'm strong, I'm independent, I'm a woman in wou Woo. Just just to sign it away to somebody else, because that's what you're doing, You're signing it away to somebody else.
Speaker 3: And it's only the beginning. I want people to realize, if they're doing this with abortion and with infertility, what's the next step. What's the next It'll be interracial marriages, It'll be gay rights and gay gay support. It's just going to continue and continue and continue. So we can't let them start. Uh, you know, We've got to We've got to stand up for this. So I'm hoping. But they're calling it the coin flip election because it is so stinking close. Just before I came on, it was Harris according to the News Nation polls is forty eight point eight percent and Trump was forty seven per point six. So she hasn't by a nose as they would say.
Speaker 4: And horse racing, Yeah, as we have said again on it, as we have said on this show. With them polls, we are losing until we win.
Speaker 3: You get out there, bring your so the other thing that I actually heard what the Goldberg saying it today. If you've got elder, because I've noticed that my mother has gotten a few calls, please bring your alder to the poll because they they somebody could try to do the flim flam on them. Oh no, you didn't sign this, you got you didn't get this right, you've got a mark on your ballot, and no, let somebody that that is sharp enough and that's not going to let somebody kind of bowl over them. Go with them and make sure that everything is okay. And they could say no, no, she's right, she's signed it here, it is, she's all set. I checked myself. But oh talk, I want to talk about a nas kisser or a brown noser. RFK Junior to just see that he's he's he's up in the snit right now because the Supreme Court would not take his case on his emergency to take his names off the ballot because those are some of the swing votes and they could end up going to Kamala or being checked with him, and you know they'll go to nobody. But they they said want, want no, But they did go about that. They did go on about is it West Virginia or or was it Virginia. I guess it's just a Virginia. They're allowing them to take suspected illegals off of the off of the vote.
Speaker 4: We had an episode called the Cheeta's Own and it's right face back to RFK Jr. I don't even know what to say about RIFKR. You know, uh he he brown nose to get his But we're watching Elon Musk and that judge that let Trump off, uh put getting in the same position to make sure that they get a position on the cabinet. Uh. It is especially that one that Elon Musk is. They created a position for him and he give away a million dollars a day. To people who are saying in the Swing states, listen, I don't know. I know that we've heard sue them. Yeah, we've heard the word dirty politicis before, but damn I dirty can't get no.
Speaker 3: That that is Pennsylvania. I was kind of shocked. I saw that they were suing him over it. So I don't know how five will get or what they'll be able to do. I also thought I was really disappointed with Jeff Bezos. They had a they had an endorsement ready for Harris and he pulled that back. As well as it's the La Times. I hope I'm not I'm not speaking Also their endorsement. Yeah, it's the first time in thirty six years that the Post hasn't endorsed.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna say this, Bobby, in my opinion, this is not the figure, the Black Effect, or Bobby Clifford or anybody else. This, in my opinion, I believe it's all on fear. I believe that they are because he has If I win and you have went against me, I'm coming to get you, not apology. That is the one policy he has stayed true too, I'm coming to get you. So I believe that they believe that just in case he wins, they I just cover their own airs. It's a sure bet that he's going to come and get them there. They ain't a sure bet that he gonna do the job. But if she don't win, you know, she hasn't put out any threats, but he has put out many threats. They petrified that fear is the sum of a bitch.
Speaker 3: Well that's his whole His whole campaign, unfortunately, has been the revenge tour. Now I don't know if he'll because I mean so, the president has power, but it doesn't have as many like the Project twenty twenty five. It tells us what they want to do. It doesn't mean that he's going to be able to do all of it, because he needs the Senate and the Congress to pass stuff. But at least we know what their intention is, so we know where they want to go. I don't know what he'll actually be able to do to make people miserable, but the fact that he wants to do it at all, I mean, that's a whole other thing that's been all over the news is election and anxiety. You know how people are feeling so stressed and they don't know where things are going, and the uncertainty and what will happen after even if Vice President Harris wins the presidency, the mess and the potential violence android danger that could happen after it. It's a lot for people.
Speaker 4: And that anxious thing. By the anxiety thing, I've been telling people, I think you have to pull back for a day or two whatever the ALCO is going to be, as long as you have done your part as an American citizen and you have voted, devoted the way you wanted to vote. Because I'm not going to tell you who to vote for. You know who you are, and I see what I said, you know who you are. I ain't coming because sometimes they vot ain't even about the candidate. You're voting for yourself. You know who you are and you know what you want, So again I said before, he ain't no different from them. They are the same people. Those people are the same people. That's why when you hear a lifelong Republican like Arnold Schwarzenega say that he has chosen and Liz Cheney say that they have chosen country over party, that is those because those people are voting for themselves.
Speaker 3: Well, they're voting to the country. They're patriots, they actually believe.
Speaker 4: They believe, yes, but they know and that's not changing their party. They're still Republicans. They just want to live and they don't want to live in all this hell and chaos that they see. Bruin the right is on the wall. I hope you guys are paying attention. Get the light like the police got and put the blue light on it. You like you can see the blood because there's blood on those writings in the wall. It's gonna be crazy, so please be careful.
Speaker 3: Do you see Steve Bannons was released from prison?
Speaker 4: I see did you see that? Did you see it? Will he make the cabinet? Will he be on the cabinet?
Speaker 3: Oh? You know that's the scary part. So it's not even if if Trump got in, he even though he's trying to pretend that that he led with his B team. You know the first time around, he didn't. He will look he led with the A team. He wasn't prepared and didn't they didn't agree with him. He's going to have nothing on this time, the B team, or it'll be the D team. They'll be sick of fans and ask kissers. They're just going to be people who are gonna want to do for him. So do I think that Steve Bannon will have a cabinet position? You bet your heine?
Speaker 4: Well, wait a minute, he's a convicted fella. He just got a prison. How could he possibly have a position on the kiln.
Speaker 3: He'll he'll figure something out. I don't know what it would be. Maybe they'll be he'll be over the prisons or something. I have no idea. Yeah, to two counts of contempt of Congress, right, that's what he went in for, so god knows. Yeah, But do I believe that he will do that. Trump will try to put him in there, because we know he went down like he did the time, he still came out smiling and you know, like a banana head and go and go Trump. You know he he didn't even get angry. He should have been a little upset. He's upset with only you and me, you know, and all the rest.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna say it from this aspect, I've seen him, and I know he's been going for quite some time, and from what I remember about prison food, it really ain't that good. But he'll look like he lost no weight. So somebody was sneaking some turkeys.
Speaker 3: Up in there, Yeah, he did. And he looked like he needed a haircut too. I'm like, don't you get don't they like, can't they shake your hair or do something in there?
Speaker 4: He looked like he missed the meal and the prison food did him right, because he lost no way. But he's three words for you, oh oh oh them.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree. I think he needs a little bit of something. Some good news that we got. Uh the economy. They said, finally we waited for this, not that we didn't have it. Of course, it has to be on the way. As poor President Biden is going on his way out the door. They said that we had a rare achievement known as something called a soft landing in the economy. That it's a scenario where inflation is tamed without there being any type of recession. So they gave Bidenomics, which everybody is has been saying no to thumbs up. He managed it. He did it correctly to manage what we were coming out of the pandemic, keeping everything stimulated those checks that you were getting. And I know that prices are up. I mean, we're all feeling it. But he managed to keep us out of a recession, which is pretty impressive.
Speaker 4: Well, the congratulations on the president. But I was about to say, because groceries has hell, let me don't even say. And if they didn't load the prices where somebody better tell the wraps up the street from my house, because good god, them prices are and sometimes and the basic things that you usually buy, and I'm like, wait a minute, what's the pre and wait a minute, how much use it? So you think they really like mocked up the price. I'm like, some of this stuff and you don't get a lot of groceries for you. So I that right, that's coming from the American people. I get that. But I'm telling you Trump inherited a good economy. Trump shipped that economy up in four years. He shipped that economy up by now taxing some of these major corporations and some of these millionaires and making it's getting all that weight on the middle class. He did that, he.
Speaker 3: Did, he did, and things are nobody's I mean President Biden would say it as well. I loved it. He went in the other day. I mean, I know it was a photo op, but he went in and he voted early, President Biden, and he was pushing a lady that was out in the hallway and he wheeled her into so she could vote as well. And of course they have to yell, oh, it was it bittersweet Joe, And he said, no, it's just sweet. And I thought, good attitude, Joe, you know how to be presidential.
Speaker 4: Well, I love to see the scene is going in there. They had a lady on a TikTok or an older lady, older black woman. She said that back in the day that they had to pay it was a poll tax on black people and they had to pay two dollars to vote, and that was just and that was just nineteen sixty. And I know to some of y'all that sounds like ages ago, but to people Bobby's age, that wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 3: He was waiting for my time. But no, but it is. It is sort of amazing to think the same women.
Speaker 4: And so the older lady, she had to be in her seventies at least, she had a you know, one of the walker things in front of her, and you could tell that her ankles looked like she had LYMPI damers. She had the big ankles. But she says, I have joy. And she said I had to pay two hours of open down voting for free. I got joy in my feet and she did a little shimmy, and I thought that that was so touching and overwhelming to be like, oh my god, because that is who we're voting for. What's happening to us, what happened to them in that era. We should be way past that. They trying to take us all the way back to before her era. I ain't going. I know what common says, she ain't going, but I ain't going for shit. I'm telling you, I'm fighting out with every step of the way.
Speaker 3: I have. It's funny down my street and I feel and I want to get your opinion, because you're in California. See if you're the same. I am seeing the least amount of of political signs in people's yards this year than I've ever seen. Usually every other yard would have something in it. When I walk the dog down the end of the street, there is a there is a Harris Walls. There are a couple of signs, but one of them says Harris Walls and then underneath it it says obviously. And I thought that. I said, Oh my god, isn't that cute. We have like a record high of people that are voting. There are already fifty six million voters. That was as of yesterday when I got the information. I've cast their ballot, and Trump is counting on the fact that there are more Republicans that are voting. It doesn't tell us who they're voting for. It just tells us that this time that they're actually voting, and that's usually unusual. Usually it's the Democrats that will do the vote early. But so I'm very interested to see. Part of me wants it to be the end of next week, and then the other parts scared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, story, Tean, you said Trump say that people are people. So if Trump said, you can't believe it, because I don't believe nothing that comes up that man's mouth. I don't even think his name Donald for real. According to him, I think.
Speaker 3: He's assuming, he's assuming that I think he is.
Speaker 4: I think he is baiting his his his his face. He's just giving them a grace bait because they're setting to me my opinion. They said it up that no matter how it goes down, we won, because he said on his rally that's there's no possible way we could lose. That to me was out and out dog, which we were so worried about what Tony said about the different races. But Trump said that there is no possible way we could lose unless they cheat, which is letting them know that if he loses, that we cheated, which is what they're doing in our face. But for him to say it like that, that plans to see of doubt right there, and that's all it see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially with his crowd, because some of his crowd is it's a little out there a movie that I keep hearing about. I don't know about it, but you are an old movie lover, so you might know it. I think I want to watch it this week because everybody says so much of it is what's going on right now. Jimmy Stewart and mister Smith goes to Washington. Have you ever seen that movie? Yeah, that's what they're talking. They said. There was a line they keep saying all of the pundits that great principles don't get lost once they come to light. So they actually are more hopeful about what's going on. It had to sort of happened, they said, for our democracy to move forward, and they're assuming that the right person's gonna win and all of that jazz. But I said, never seen that movie before, so I don't even know what. I don't even know the why they talk about.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen any years. But I do believe that people, even who are afraid and who will not like when you saying that about your science, because I've been in this neighborhood now for two years and I have seen way less political science than usual. Because I think people are afraid to put up, but they really want to put up because they don't know what kind of backlash they're going to get. Somebody may set somebody's house on fire. That's how crazy some of these people have become. So I get why they're not doing that. But this this is different, though, Bobby. The climate of this whole election is different, it's almost like like, no, I'm better than you, but you belonged to me. I'm telling you that Tony Hencliff did a lot. That land was mean as shit, but he opened a lot of people's eyes to how people see other people.
Speaker 3: I know, and it's disappointing. It's so disappointing. My mother has been saying this like Civil War and since since Trump got in the first time when he was running, and I thought she was nuts. I thought she was nuts, not because I didn't think that that somebody could do it or turned people's heads. I thought we were stronger as Americans and we or stronger in self. I didn't realize that there was the racism that we have out there because I don't live in that so and I don't. I have to say, I don't see it in my day to day. I don't live in an area that it's discussed or whatever.
Speaker 4: So you don't see my black. Oh, so you don't see my black.
Speaker 3: So you don't see my black No, that's not true, but.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't judge you on it, and I don't and I didn't think that other people did too. And so what I'm disappointed about is they are. They're just keeping their mouth shut, and I never realized it, and I disappointed.
Speaker 4: I think when they get in those ballot poles, or I think when they get in those boots bodies, they're going to vote to save this country more than they're going to vote how they even if they have some of those feelings, which I think everybody pretty much they had some kind of way, but even I think they're going to quietly vote, like, let's get rid of no no more. It's just too much. It has become barbaric almost no.
Speaker 3: And I agree with that. I agree. We talked about this the last time that Liz Cheney had made a comment that she thinks a lot of people that are like her are going to just keep their mouth shut. So the other person that came out was Barbara Bush, George Bush's daughter. She's knocking door to door in Pennsylvania today trying to get people to vote for Kamala Harris. And so that makes me think the the the Bushes are voting a voting that way. They're just not coming out. They're keeping their mouth shut.
Speaker 4: Comly got the juice right now. I ain't gonna be re front because she had Taylor swift come out for then she had Queen Yeah, Kelly Rowland and Mama Tina. I'm like Beyonce. They not just the heavy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Michelle was out with her.
Speaker 4: I have to say, of course, of course on President Obama. So she got she got, Look she got Bill Clinton. Look Bill Clinton be for my retirement to speak up for.
Speaker 3: I said, oh, oh, I know, I wanted to say this thing. Now, I gotta say I was a little disappointed. I wanted her to go out on a song or give me a shake, or shoot me or something. Nothing.
Speaker 4: You know, she's a mother of three. She got time for y'all, lady alone. I told somebody, I said, y'all, do know that the lady got three kids. You'll know what kind of day she had with three kids. I got three. You'll never know when I had a shitty day because I ain't gonna come on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. I'm just telling you. I was disappointed. She would have I love her anyway, but I would have loved her even more if she gave me a little something something.
Speaker 4: Well, this between her and and the Swifties, to be having the Swifties, that's a lot of people. And when I seen when after uh uh, what's his name? What's the comedian's name? To yees mater, he made that statement. J Lo, Ariana Grande, Ricky Martynny Bad Bunny. So many Latinos, celebrities of Latina descent band together like oh yeah, you're not gonna play in our face. And I love that. Oh I absolutely love that. They like Nope, absolutely not. I mean, like you said, they like to have babies. It's plenty of them. You better look out because it's gonna look like one of them rolling up on you. But you know, they had them cousins up in their shirts and then they pocket in their Backsleep. Baby, it's gonna be about fifteen. I'm on you. You ain't gonna even see it coming. And I ain't talking about like I'm talking about at the boating poll. Y'all. We're gonna they gonna band together and I stay with the Latino community because they always been wonderful to me. That was some bullshit right there. Oh my god, Bobby, that was like what that? That is the American we are. We cannot believe some of the things that we are looking at in this political fight for to be the president, because it's unheard of and if Biden Obama, Hell Kennedy, uh, hell eisenhowerd it even would it did one percent of what this man is doing, they would have been out of there, like without question.
Speaker 3: Whoa I mean, we're still talking about Michelle wearing her shirtless shirts and our sleeveless shirts and her arms showing and poor during the heat of the summer. President Obama had the nerve to wear a lightweight tan suit and here we are, sixteen years later, still bitching about it. So are you kidding me? I think that's the part of disappointed. Everybody's supposed to be. I'm a liber Everything has to be fair, there should be parody, and there is just another set of rules for this guy, and I just don't get it. I don't think it's fair, and I'm so disappointed that people don't call on it. And that kill Tony guy. His career just took a whole different turn. He's either going to be a professional roaster but of white people, and or he's going to have his podcast is going to be His numbers might go up, but it's going to be all the hateful people in the world. It's not going to be who he wants to be reaching out to.
Speaker 4: So, Bobby, let me ask you a question, one black person for a white person. Okay, do you do you think.
Speaker 3: One black person to whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm like, Okay, I'm in no, unlike you. I see you're white. I see you're white. Bobby, do you do you, as a white woman for in this country? Is Donald Trump getting white privilege? From a white person's aspect.
Speaker 3: He's getting all sorts of privilege. He first he gets he gets wealthy person privilege. That that's that's the big thing that we're seeing right now. But absolutely getting white privilege. He wakes up and he and he's got nothing but privilege. But yeah, he's got He's got double though. He's got not just white people. He's got because look at all the poor white people that are in the Appalachian Mountains and everything, and you give two ships about them. But there his there, his actual base. He's he's got the white and he's got the wealthy.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: And I was asking you as a white woman because you you know so that I'm saying that, I know that, and I know that there are different levels to privilege, But my guy, is this is this the top shelf.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 3: He's the the trifecta. He really does, you know. And he's now now the third level is power, right, so he's in that in crowd. And now he's been the president before, so he's got three different layers of privilege and he and the sad thing is he is the way he is because that's how he's led, and that's how he's maneuvered through life through privilege. He doesn't know what it's like to be a real person, to worry about a bill, to worry about anything, to even worry about your kids. The nannies came in and took care of his kids, you know, like he didn't have to. He's a different he's a different being than than you and me.
Speaker 4: He lives. You have to add yourself, which take would you get in this women tank with the Great White Show, with the Great White Trump, because either way you might get bit.
Speaker 3: Or gassed out there at least there be maybe.
Speaker 4: That is that that's but that's so scary. And then, like you said, Bobby and Vice President Harris as we saying that he would be in with unchallenged power, there would be nobody's a challenge him. They would let So he woke up and had a bad day, and he had the codes too to the nukes because he had a bad day and he and and maybe think things weren't all aligned in his mind, and he did some bad ship and hit them up. We are all toasted and collateral damage because we put somebody who might not have had a good day. That's how we're going to say it in control of everything. Y'all better knock it all. Y'all better knock it all.
Speaker 3: You better knock it off and get out and vote, and not just for him. So there are thirteen different states that could flip the Senate Arizona, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia, in Wisconsin. And if you're in one of those states, you've got to go and vote and vote your party or vote the person that's going to do the best for you. Because and the saying goes for it. And I'm not going to go and rattle off all the states for Congress because we could flip. If we can flip Congress in this it's tight, it's only a few a number of a number of people. Then we don't have to worry about Mike Johnson and Trump, who's bragging about they have a big secret that's coming. If Hakeem Jeffries is the is the Speaker of the House, the joke will be on them. So please get out and vote. Vote not just for the president, but you've got to vote for your Senate and your in your Congress.
Speaker 4: And I'm sorry for laughing. Thank you for that information. Bobby Well, you just say that Mike Johnson and Trump got a big secret. My man went straight the hat to be like ooh ooh, y'all ain't read with last. I don't want to say that publicly, but.
Speaker 3: That's the truth. We got to worry about the balance of power in the Senenate right now. It is fifty one to forty nine. It is a very said margin that's being held so and that we hold. So we have to we have to hold keep hold of it. And we really have to go at least four for Congress as well, because it's it's just a slim on the other side.
Speaker 4: And I just want to say this, y'all. Y'all think y'all can imagine a world, and you think you can imagine a world where the president the House and the Senate are all in control. But imagine that they have the Supreme Court as well, because if he wins for be it, he can appoint three more judges of his choice. That means that he would have the dominant number for real and the Supreme Court. What would that be six to seven?
Speaker 3: We only have three, so it would be yeah, it would be so they want to keep it. What they're doing, what they want to do is it's sixty three and three people are saying Thomas the chief and I'm blanking on the other one are all saying that they'd like to retire, but they don't want to retire unless they can keep the same seat. So if it was Donald Trump, who was it who was getting in? He pulled the first time he put three very conservatives. The other ones have kind of swayed a little over the years. There would be no sway. He'd put three more equally conservative, and are the three Democrats. They'd be up again. They'd be just like, no point to come into work.
Speaker 4: We're a wall for everything. Yeah. Yeah, So, like Bobby said, vote down the ballot and make sure that you do your research. They see you a sample ballot, You google everything, else are you going to do Google and see who their candidate is and see what their policies are. Because it's all the right there in black and white. We have to also do our do diligence and do our part. We look, we have passed the ball the Kamla and if we want her to ali UPI we got to be behind her, screaming at supporting her. This is what we want. This is the life that we chose. And I'm telling you right now, at twenty twenty fives, those documents that the paper, the words on those pages are very scary if you haven't read them now, very scary, very scary, Bobby. It was something else we were supposed to talk about. And I can't. Oh oh, shout out to the LA Dodgers. I'll come on and bring this on home tonight. I know y'all want to win in LA, but y'all win down there and let them tear the Bronx up. Don't let them come back into La. Oh my god, girl, and we win the on Jetterdale Citio. Come on La. I'm come on, and I'm not even a big baseball fan, but the city is so excited about the LA Dodgers. It gets all over you, because so it's kind of all over me. I'm like, come on, La, Dodgers, So go to the boys in blew it Gray, come on, La, bring it on man. But y'all win in there. Please don't come here. Go tell it them and the traffic is already bad. Good God, Jesus help me, Jill.
Speaker 3: They really, Joe. So vote locally, everybody votes, check some balances. We need a degree of power. Go Dodgers. I'm trying to think of anything. Happy Halloween? Anything else? Do we miss anything else?
Speaker 4: That's Bobby's birthday? Halloween? And if you want to see me old this Monday and Tuesday, I will be with Tiffany Hattish at the City Winery in Nashville, Tennessee the fourth and the fifth, and then on the eighth we'll be in New York City at the City Winery. And on the twenty second and twenty third we'll be in Chicago at the City Winery. Go to Tiffany Haddis dot com and get your tickets. My name ain't on the bill, but I'm damn sure on the show, so y'all get your tickets to come on out. I'm with Bobby, I hope that you have voted. I imploy early voting if that works best for you. I went in and voted the other day, put it on video because I had to go because I won't be here, and I did listen. I cannot miss this one. In case say we lost by one vote, and then I'll be like, damn, I didn't vote. Then the guilt would be that I was the reason that we lost. Please don't you be the reason. Please don't you be the reason.
Speaker 3: You didn't dance? You didn't dance.
Speaker 4: I'm very disappointing, but I'm saying to my audience when I say you, please don't be the reason. You can never take it back and there will be no do overs. And according to him, this will be it as far as voting goes for you. For you, that.
Speaker 3: Means, because that's that's he's telling us. He's coming right out and telling us, although all his people are saying all his sarrogates are coming and telling us we're nuts, but he's telling us so yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, sarahate, so listen here. Laugh Alarne, thank you guys for joining with The model hasn't changed. You can follow me on Instagram at Monroe Flame Coffee Time on YouTube at Flame Monroe, Facebook, TikTok Flame Monroe on two five, and you can follow Bobby Clifford at Bobby Clifford on Facebook and at Clifford Bobby on Instagram. You can also if you have questions, ideas topics, you can send them to laugh at laugh Alone piecast on Instagram Bobby Clifford to get them and she, you know, should dissect them because if you send them to me, I'll be like girl, knock it off. But thank you guys for joining us here at laugh Alart. Our motto has not changed, and we hope that it won't change because whoa, these next four years might get scary and hairy here a laugh Alarn. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because why Bobby.
Speaker 3: Is a mind and a vote or a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 4: Please vote, y'all, good God, please vote. This is this is it good? This one right here is the big Kahunah.
Speaker 3: The vote.
Speaker 4: Happy Halloween. Trick your treat or treat your trick, either one, whichever one works for you.
Speaker 3: Back bye.
Speaker 4: Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect podcast Network, ALI Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learned Podcast is a production of the Black Effect podcast networ and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you, guys, This is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn