Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is the DJ Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Law La Rosa is here and we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 2: Yes we do, Kirk Franklin. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome.
Speaker 3: I feel like I live here.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing.
Speaker 3: I feel like I live here. What is this? What is it like the twenty thousand time. I'm good with it. I'm just humbled. I'm glad you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, welcome and congratulations for being honored at the BET Awards this year.
Speaker 2: How is that feeling?
Speaker 3: Oh? Nervous? Had bubble guts?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 5: What you are the performer of.
Speaker 3: Bro I am always nervous.
Speaker 6: Then we talk about that too, Yeah, I candn't believe it even when he said it's we talked about at the media room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm always nervous. And I go speak.
Speaker 7: If I go to a nursing home and perform, I'm nervous. If I go speak to kids, I always have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really, what's.
Speaker 5: About it makes you nervous? It's like, what is it? What are you thinking about?
Speaker 7: It's I think that you know there's always First of all, I think that it has served me well.
Speaker 3: It's because it's never normal. I'm never comfortable.
Speaker 7: I'm always wanting to do my best. I'm always you know, like I'm always concerned about every moment, you know, will it be good enough, will it be accepted, will it be will it be light? And so there's never a moment where I'm ever dialing anything in, you know, like everything for me is my first. Every project, every album, every song, every moment, it's my first. Like I'm a new artist, I'm a new I'm a I'm a I'm a I'm a struggling artist every time. And I think a lot of it. And you know, y'all probably just even test just all the the the guests that you've had that have come from traumatic backgrounds, you know, childhood, abandonment, adoption and all that is that I think that you are always chasing thos, chasing goes. You're always looking for that good job baby, that mama didn't give you, that you didn't that you're having those formative years. So yeah, every moment is it is nerves and new and so at the B yeah, B two wards, I'm I'm about to lose it next you're about to pass.
Speaker 3: I'm like why. And then I didn't know I.
Speaker 7: Was going to last until like a week before. Remember we talked about that too, So I didn't know I was going to last.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was mad you went last. I was mad.
Speaker 8: I said, you put somebody that like that in the front or the middle because it was so late.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but that but both stayed up.
Speaker 5: I know we did stay up.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's kind of y'all.
Speaker 7: But what I'm saying, though, is that you feel even more pressure.
Speaker 3: It's like, I'm not going to last.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know, because you Kirk Franklin though.
Speaker 7: But I'm the gospel guy, and so you don't think of your genre having a space like that. You don't, you know, and you don't even expect it, like you know, Yeah, it's it's it's almost like it's it's an honor for even the genre to be acknowledged and even part of the the ecosystem.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: But when when I found out that I was going last, I mean, yeah, brother, you didn't want to be sitting by me.
Speaker 4: Pressure was on.
Speaker 3: I was letting him go to you.
Speaker 5: On the tailor, Aaron Pierre was smelling the little and I lied.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh man, who did that.
Speaker 4: Way? Because did you have gas when you were sitting next to me? I ain't smell nothing.
Speaker 3: Well, I wasn't nervous talking to you.
Speaker 6: Okay, right, because you I'm gonna I've been telling people since I mentioned it's my first time meaning you.
Speaker 3: It threw me.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you were so like just normal cool and yeah, like.
Speaker 2: I said, you real, he's a real Yeah.
Speaker 7: Why do you think people like, what are people expecting for me to come in floating on clouds?
Speaker 4: Yes, a little bit, that's what people.
Speaker 7: And I think that's unfortunate, and I think that we got to find ways to still deconstruct that. I just think that it stands in the way of people feeling like that they can be a part of the family too, you know what I'm saying, Like like like everybody can pull me and be part.
Speaker 3: Of this God love wagon. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's like and and so it's always challenging for me when when there's this work where there's this ideal of what being a person that loves Jesus looks like, and so I want to be the lowliest, the most humble, the most realist person, so that you can see, man, that everybody's supposed to be on this bus, and we also will be riding together.
Speaker 3: Man, we don't always know where we're going.
Speaker 1: But now, during the BET Awards, they kept.
Speaker 2: Showing you when Kevin Hart was doing comedy.
Speaker 1: And then the whole twist was Kirk Franklin was upset with all the Kevin Hart jokes.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, they must not know Kirk.
Speaker 3: So oh I was. It was so good. He's good.
Speaker 7: But then I'll also give you this side and you know, and I and and I want him cap right. It's I think that the biggest thing is for me is that I always have to be careful because I know that there's a community of the super religious that if I enjoy something too much, then it comes across.
Speaker 3: Like, well, why he not? Why he not praying for him? He needed to walk out?
Speaker 7: And and so there's this there's this dichotomy that that you live in when you say that you represent faith, that.
Speaker 3: It's like I love Jesus, but I'm not Jesus. I'm not him.
Speaker 7: I love God, I live in a body that ain't his yet until he cracks the sky and make me more like him. Until then, I live in this broken house, and I live in a world where things are gonna be funny. I'm gonna stub my toe and I'm not gonna speak a tongue in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna us.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. You push me too hard, it's gonna be hands you know. I mean, I'm you know I I I am not a perfect person. And so when something's funny and it's good and funny, I want to laugh.
Speaker 1: How do you stop yourself from laughing? Because he kept going and you know, Kevin, Kevin's gonna keep going to get.
Speaker 3: You that laughing.
Speaker 8: I feel like you and wife you are, but you still was trying to keep that sense of like all right, like you was like cracking, but you were like still containing yourself.
Speaker 7: Because it was funny. It was it's funny, he's funny, he's good. And so you get to see them perfect Kirk.
Speaker 8: But I think also what people don't understand is God don't want us to be perfect anyway, and either like I just you know, Jesus, they were not supposed to be perfect. That's why he made us in his image.
Speaker 5: But it's like if he if he put us here and.
Speaker 8: He knew, he know everything we're gonna do before we do it, like he already knows. It's like we are not him, We're of him, you know it. We're not meant to be perfect. We're just meant to follow him.
Speaker 7: And in that we always should be pursuing to be better matter. We want to be more like him, we want to be able to be changed in ways. There are things that I see in myself that I want to grow and look more like him.
Speaker 3: But I'm not on your watch.
Speaker 7: I'm not on your calendar, and how I get there, I am on his. And so I think that if we, like I said something on this this new digital series I have on called Dane of Kings, is that we have to understand man, that that that that we are patients, We're not doctors. And Christianity is supposed to be a place that's a hospital. It's a hospital. If that's to be a country club, it's will be a place where people that don't have it together could come and everybody can feel comfortable that they know that they don't have it together. But when people come to us in our community and they feel like that. We are more concerned about their their their habits and their ways been changed before our eyes, and you're not being changed yet you know doing it.
Speaker 3: It's like that that then.
Speaker 7: People create performance anxiety. That's where the mask comes is because if I don't look the way that you think I should look soon, then now I gotta fake it till I make it, and then you never and then what happens then you become a human doing and never human being.
Speaker 1: They also, I'm sorry, I was gonna say back to the BT Awards, they were mad at one of your outfits that you were.
Speaker 6: They were mad at every I was about to say that, like the office had them this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said that you apologized for it was you wore like a take topic.
Speaker 4: That we talked about that to the media room.
Speaker 2: But what they bad at the I mean, it wasn't pom pom shorts. You didn't have it.
Speaker 6: So they try to say, bro sorry. They tried to say Korry.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 6: You just feel like it's so crazy, how like naturally you just feel like the homie and I'm like, it's Kirk Franklin.
Speaker 3: When I note.
Speaker 4: He kind of like watching you.
Speaker 6: At the BET Awards and seeing it.
Speaker 4: See God didn't want me to call you bro.
Speaker 5: That's that's what happened when said, don't you call him bro.
Speaker 8: But see that's the thing though, even when Kirk met my son, it was it was crazy right because I'm until you might come back on. I was saying, like we we were on the same festival in Miami for Miami Gardens, and my son was so starstruck and Kirk made him feel.
Speaker 5: Like he was cool.
Speaker 8: So he goes back to my mother, his grandmother, and like, I met Kirk Franklin and he was cool, he said, you know, and and he said Bro, My like Bro was cool. And my mother here she goes because you know, she a deacon in the church and you don't refer to know Kirk Franklins. I said, my no, like Kirk is really cool, like relax and chill. When I just set outside my son like he.
Speaker 6: Bro, I felt like my grandmother came in this room, she probably gonna call me after the.
Speaker 4: Better not.
Speaker 7: But see, that's too much, that's too much pressure. That's a lot, and I'm gonna tell you I can be candid. I don't think we're ever going to deconstruct a lot of that it's because for a lot of people, they need that to be able to be connected to their faith. They need the stained glass windows, they need the pastor to look at somewhere, they need the church service to make them feel that this is my connection, this is what holy and righteous looks like for me, and I need that to hold on.
Speaker 3: I don't need none of it. All I need is Jesus.
Speaker 7: Gag game, That's all I All I need is Jesus. And I'm you know, and again I ain't talking about the European version with the blue eyes. I'm talking about you know, that Jesus that dies. Everybody sins in any moment. Everybody can come to the table. Everybody's at the foot of the cross because we all stink in.
Speaker 3: That's what I need.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say talking about the Awards show, though, there were a couple of things. So first, people were upset at the performance in a like they felt like, yeah, I mean, I thought it was a great performance. But I think people, uh, I think it just goes to like the people that you bring onto stage and how you uh. I have a quote here, I think it was Didrikdam was upset about Gloorilla won in the award, but they also called He also mentioned like things being like a mockery of worship and like things of that nature. Do you get tired of that conversation at this point or at this point are you so used to it?
Speaker 4: It's whatever, be real, bro.
Speaker 3: Own everything. I love. It is what it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Is what this. God blessed him, and God blessed him.
Speaker 2: How did you feel about that?
Speaker 1: Because some people were mad that in the gospel category it was Glorilla in yourself, it was little Baby in yourself. It was rhapsody, not your quote unquote typical gospel songs. What did you think about that that Glorilla won her first BT award was a gospel record?
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on that? Primarily gospel artists.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to keep my eyes on the prize, trying to things that really matter. I'm trying to tell the world about Jesus, trying to tell the world that for God, soul of the world, that he gave his only son, whoever believes in him should not perish, that ever last in life.
Speaker 3: That's one man. That's one man. Everything else is just noise. That's one man.
Speaker 8: I feel like you meet people where they are. You've been doing that since I since I was a little girl. Like you know, I I feel like there has been like when you when you say you meet people where you are, it's always been saying you meet people where they are. Right, Christ and Christianity and Church don't look the same for everybody.
Speaker 5: So if like a glorrilla can.
Speaker 8: Speak to us the youth, you know, and you stamp it and were like, oh, we know, kurk Frank, this is all of our mothers and grandmothers and aunts played and growing up. And and and she because she she is the bridge, you know what I mean, Like she would be the bridge for it. And God uses everybody like you can use anybody, can use a bum on the street, and can use a homeless person.
Speaker 5: He can use you know, anybody to.
Speaker 8: Lead, you know, to so you can pay attention to bring you to you know, to God and Jesus.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's not, it's not Why is that frowned upon?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? There's a text.
Speaker 7: In Scripture there's this moment where the disciples were talking to Jesus about people that were not part of their crew that was also using his name and trying to do things in his name, and they were upset about it because they were not part of the crew. And so they came to Jesus. They pulled up like, yo, man, you need to go pull up on a boy. And then they over there saying your name and trying to do in your name, and we need to we really need to squash that. And and that Jesus was like, Yo, if they over there and they are still trying to do good things in my name even though they're not part of our crew, I'm not gonna squash that. It's because they are still telling people my name. Yeah, And so I feel that it is the same that today that Christianity has for so long been a country club, and you've had to have a membership, you've had to look a certain way, like like like like, let me tell one thing that's funny to me is that people always say to me and even tell me sometimes it's like, you know, like y'all look younger now, other y'all did when y'all first started. Let me tell what a lot of that was. We were assimilating to what the church. If you were young in church, you had to look old to be thought of as serious, like they didn't take you serious if you did not look a certain way.
Speaker 3: So you dressed though.
Speaker 7: You had the long you know, you had the long jackets, you know, the squat toe gators, you know, had the big lamp. First time I took it to Coja convention. We were twenty five years old. And now you know, God blessed Church got in Christ, Love Church got in Christ.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: But there's a certain aesthetic that sometimes you have on twenty five years old, got a big old had on gloves and she said, she said, I felt like trick or treat, you know, because we were trying to assimilate. You're trying to do all the things to be accepted as a young person. And so now I mean, we're just comfortable being who we are. And I just think that it is really really important to just put people back on the focus of what matters.
Speaker 1: He's what matters, that's right now. What was the concept of den of Kings?
Speaker 2: How what inspired that?
Speaker 3: Bro? First of all?
Speaker 7: Bro, First of all, I am bro Bro Bro drag me for see. That's the motif of the show right now, bro Bro. And it's a beautiful thing, beautiful thing. But one thing that I'm very excited about is that I just had this idea that I've always been told that people enjoy the way I hold court during dinner, Like when you go to dinner with me, we're gonna chop, you know. So we're gonna chop about politics, you know, we want talking to talk about religions. We're gonna talk about whatever and get it in. And so during my birthday, I came to Atlanta. Well, I went to Lanta, had dinner with some of my good guy friends and they were like, yo, bro, you need to turn this in so, you know, because I've had really great conversations. So with that, I just thought about having dinner with black men and what that could look like in that conversation. And so the first episode shot in Atlanta, great food, chef, beautiful house.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: You had Country Wayne, you had Uh Lou, you had Uh, you had Daval, you had d C. And it was an incredible moment. And the response has been I've been.
Speaker 4: Telling everybody I know to watch it.
Speaker 7: It's been amazing, as like, were you shocked at the response?
Speaker 5: Yes, especially with DC and how he gets deep and high yacht man. I love that because that's my brother I know you know what I mean, you love you.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, yes, and you know even Country Wayne, you know, like just you gave them that safe space, that vulnerable place where they and they can talk about things that they don't usually talk about, and they talk about but they don't go in depth with it, you know what I mean, Like you provide that and I love to see that.
Speaker 7: And it has been I mean, the response has been overwhelmed, like it has been so so you know, We've got another one on deck coming up soon, you know, and it's just you know, dinner conversations with men with Black men. And I'm humble and I want to thank everybody that's been tuning in and watching it and it's just been it's just been an amazing moment.
Speaker 5: And it's like men's therapy. It's like watching a men's therapy session.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Each episode about fatherhood, there is going to be different things that.
Speaker 7: Different different conversations. Next one is by being a boss, and uh, you know, we we are going to have so many conversations that are just really just kind of peeling back and just having a really, really, really great conversation.
Speaker 3: You're gonna pull up on one, of course, don't play.
Speaker 6: I think I know, I think v and Charlotte, I think y'all be so amazing, and to sit down it be fire because it's like a real conversation, non judgmental as well.
Speaker 7: Non judgmental, non judgmental. And I want everybody to feel safe, and I try to lead with vulnerability and transparency myself. So I try to create the environment that makes you feel safe and comfortable.
Speaker 8: Will there ever be a episode with you and your baby boy, your son?
Speaker 3: Hmm, it's not that I haven't thought about it.
Speaker 7: It's it's it's it's it's because it's still a work in progress. I would want there to be real healing in his life, or there is anything that that that that that puts a spotlight.
Speaker 3: That could even be more damage. It got it to his process.
Speaker 7: You know, I want him whole. I don't give a heck about writings. You know, I was gonna say someone else, but I just want him hold and so whatever is going to be for his best healing. And a lot of times that that happens when the cameras.
Speaker 2: Are what's what's your relationship now with them?
Speaker 7: It's it's still work. It's it's it's still work now. The beautiful thing that has happened is, you know, I ran into my biological father these years and his what's the most incredible thing about God? Everything that my oldest son needs, that's.
Speaker 8: His profession, your day's profession, biological father's profession.
Speaker 7: And I think you can impact that, right, right, everything that my oldest needs. So my biological has come in because.
Speaker 3: That's his grandson. So he has a personal interest in and in and in him being whole.
Speaker 7: And it's been amazing, it's been well, it's been amazing to watch, but it's still a process. And how was that relationship with your biological First, let me say that he's an amazing man. He's an amazing I love that you can say that, Oh, he's.
Speaker 3: An amazing man.
Speaker 7: But it is more me. It's because I wasn't looking for a father. He wasn't looking for a son. I mean, you know, I mean we weren't looking. Remember, I thought I knew who my father was, and he died of cancer back in seventeen.
Speaker 3: So now it's me.
Speaker 7: Like, when you live your life so long on your own, it's almost like a it's almost like a woman who has been single for a long time. And if the guy said, don't get that door, and you're kind of like, what you know, you know.
Speaker 3: You've got to kind of process. Okay, I ain't got to give my door no more. What does that look? You know? It's like, oh, what does that look? No?
Speaker 5: I do understand what he said.
Speaker 6: She don't have a man, but a single night, I was talking more about your dad and you not feeling like you were missing out on anything. Kind of sort of I'm skipping past.
Speaker 3: A liar. It's so good. How you did that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, y'all loved the truth, and I'm letting you. She don't have a man. She don't have the best relationship with her dad, so she loved me.
Speaker 2: That's another thing.
Speaker 7: Would you like men or dad?
Speaker 3: I'm thirty three, Okay, I'm fifty.
Speaker 7: Five, so I'm so a man or dad. If I find anyone, it may be a zad.
Speaker 5: I might need a sad.
Speaker 1: But she doesn't have necessarily the best relationship with her father as well. So how did you get to the point where you can have that relationship? I mean, she day, but she doesn't have that relationship.
Speaker 4: That's not true.
Speaker 6: Me and my dad have built a relationship. But I met him at fourteen. But to your point, because I was so full with what I had, I had my stepdad, my mom, my grandmother, I didn't know and like still now, I don't, like I'll be forgetting his Father's Day.
Speaker 4: And it's no shade to him.
Speaker 6: It's just I've always been then full to the point where I wasn't looking for So when he got introduced into my life, I was like, oh, okay, so this is my dad. I got to call him, I got to talk to him. I got to And it don't always be that all the time. It's not a natural thing for me to do. So you're the first person I ever heard explain it where it made sense to me of like you just weren't looking for it because you didn't know you needed it.
Speaker 3: And Mom wasn't that I was full. Mom was that I was numb.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe I was numb.
Speaker 7: Maybe, So you know, And I don't know, like I'm not a professional, but but I do know that sometimes you do learn how to live with limps.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you learn.
Speaker 7: How to live with limps to the point that you forget is broken, you know. And I think that because of where we come Frost people of color. We've had to live so much of our lives as people with with with limps, as people just because of just just just the deconstruction of our homes and families and backgrounds that a lot of times we don't even know often what healthy is. Yeah, it's because we've had to just live.
Speaker 3: Okay, We've never really lived, well, we just live, Okay.
Speaker 6: Have you had those woments with your biological dad where like y'all are talking and y'all going to miss of something and you're like, oh, man, like I feel it, this is what this is what was missing at some point or I could have used this at some point.
Speaker 7: Have you No, I have lived so much with deficiencies that I'm still just trying to figure out so so a lot of times if I'm around him, I'm just trying to figure out how to be. Sometimes sometimes I'm even sitting there having to just breathe just to keep my anxiety. But you know, because it's so far, so far, and I'm not.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not proud of these things.
Speaker 7: But I'm not going to get up here and cap with y'all, like you know, and give y'all the the you know, the little House on the per fairy tale. Oh man, God has blessed us and we're all together now. It's like, my God, I'm still trying to figure life out, Like it's a new addition that I'm still trying to figure.
Speaker 3: Out the space for it.
Speaker 1: Do you do you regret what you've done in gospel music because it took so much time away from your family.
Speaker 3: That's an incredible question.
Speaker 7: It's I think that any man, in my humble opinion, that is ambitious and driven will always look back and have regrets on how the people around them have had to suffer because.
Speaker 1: Of that because you, Yeah, your family suffered, but you brought joy to people. You probably saved a million in more lives with your music and your dance and the word, but you might have hurt a couple in the family because you weren't there. So how does that balance out? And and you know, as a father that works a lot, I feel that sometimes it's like, damn, should I be home learning this time?
Speaker 3: But I gotta.
Speaker 4: Devils Because y'all talked about this on the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh boy.
Speaker 3: You know you you you have many regrets. Yeah, you have many.
Speaker 7: Regrets, and you have confusion. It's because it's it's it's almost like if you were not driven, if you were not a dog, if you didn't have that attitude, then you wouldn't have been what you are. But you also know that many around you, whether it's your wife or your kids, that they've suffered a lot, that they've gone through a lot because it comes with a heavy price. And I think that for me, mine also has another level of of of kind of dichotomy is because you also don't want to you don't want their kids faith to be I don't want having to do with Jesus because Jesus was the dude.
Speaker 3: That kept my daddy away.
Speaker 7: So I'm trying, you know, you've also tried to have that now on space in that too. Now the beauty of my children, it's their mother. My My my children are are are.
Speaker 3: Are great because of their mama. Tammy.
Speaker 7: Tammy has Tammy is like she just that Midas touched, you know she. But then how mama was dad, Tammy's Mama's dad. Tammy's Mama's like that with me, you know, just that mightas touch and I didn't have Obama, so it's bam, I'm just a minus touched. But yeah, you live with a lot of regret. You live with a lot of guilt, You live with a lot of questions. You live with that internal war of of of missing things and and wondering what it would what it would have been more like for you to be at home. But then at the same time, you also that dude that wakes up in the middle of the night with dreams and ideas and ambitions and songs. You know, like I wake up in the midlight with songs and and you know, I'm at a basketball game and I got to step outside to put something in my phone because a song. Because if that song don't work, then I can't pay for that school, and I can't pay for that college. I can't pay for that your new car you want after you graduated. It's like, you know, there's that tension. It's because people are blessed by your sacrifice, but then they're also hurt.
Speaker 3: By your sacrifice. Yeah, and I don't know all the answers. I just try to show up and be honest.
Speaker 4: What's your mentorship to other people look like? These days?
Speaker 6: Because I know Dinny Kings, I felt like when I was watching it, it was that like you were mentoring these men, but they just came together randomly. Do you have like a set group of people that you're mentoring and do you take the time to do that.
Speaker 7: Maybe mentoring right now and these days and times does look more like that. Maybe it doesn't look as traditional. You know, it's I don't know's I just tried when whenever I try to show up wherever I am, I'm always trying to be the book that people need to read. And so whatever that looks like, I'm always available to do it. It may not always look in the traditional form. It's because sometimes in traditional forms, like I remember doing a youth camp's I did a youth music camp for the Hood back a few years ago, and it just didn't go well. And the reason why is because what I notice is that if Steph Curry does a camp, if Steph Curry does a basketball camp, and you can figure it, you probably can do this. Envy kids that come to a basketball camp, they're not looking for Steph Curry to get them in the NBA because they know that it's still a process. They know a coach and a team so so so. So Curry can do a basketball camp and you know, show love, give out some treats, whatever, but a daddy is not pulling them to the side, going yo, man, you think you could talk to the team from a boy where when I do a music camp, demo tapes and everybody, you know, it's it's like they see my world more accessible. So I'm not getting a chance to really mentor I got a whole bunch of people just kind of.
Speaker 3: Want to be put on right right, and and so that didn't go well for me that that.
Speaker 7: You know, I want to be able to plant seas and help you, but I'm not here trying to put you on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so what I love.
Speaker 8: I love that you said social media is not evil. You know, it's broken people. They use it as a tool of evil.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Right, So does commentary on social media affect you at all?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I can't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I think anybody be aligned with this. And I think that we all try to do our social media fast and we try to pull back, you know, Like after the Beach Awards, I was like, I'm not reading nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't want to read nothing.
Speaker 7: I don't want nothing, you know, And then you know a few days of Lady by yourself.
Speaker 5: I'm looking.
Speaker 3: Man, please about Jesus.
Speaker 7: You know, so you know, yeah, you you you, You find that attention and you try to do the best. I really believe y'all, and I know y'all gotta wrap me up real soon, man, I gotta believe. I believe that everything that we discussed can be summarized in these major points of humans have to be more kind to humans that we we Here's.
Speaker 3: The illustration before I go.
Speaker 7: Right, if you are on an island and the island is now slowly sinking into the water, and the only way off that island to the other piece of bigger land is this rope, this type rope, and everybody has to walk across that type rope.
Speaker 3: Now, mind you, they're walking over water.
Speaker 7: That is shark infested, right, so if you fall off that type rope, but that's the only way to get off this island is.
Speaker 3: This type rope.
Speaker 7: Everybody that is getting on that type rope, if you're sitting there, standing there watching them because you know your turn is coming up next, you're not going to be sitting there criticizing how they're getting off on that type You're not gonna be going look at a leap, look at shit.
Speaker 3: I didn't walking on it, right, look a look at that.
Speaker 7: You're not doing it because you know why you're not doing that, because you know you next, So you sent it going.
Speaker 3: Please man, oh God, please let them make it. Please she made it. She made because I give you hope that you can make it. That's what life is.
Speaker 7: It's sinking and we're trying to get off, and there's only way, there's only one way. And but we're criticizing each other while we're trying to get on.
Speaker 3: That's the only way. There's no boat, there's nothing.
Speaker 7: The only way off the sinking island is this damn difficult way. We should be praying people make it instead of complaining how they.
Speaker 3: Walking because you next?
Speaker 8: And the church said, amen, dang well, dang I was let me, how did you listen? You got some of the strongest pipes coming up out of your choirs, like I'm talking about like everybody was like a lead singer, like everybody, How did you find these people?
Speaker 3: That's how I do it, That's how you do it. I do it.
Speaker 5: I look for lead singer individuals.
Speaker 3: It's I go after artists.
Speaker 7: Ye's I look at people that I see an artist in them. Come rock with m and that's what I do and that's why they're so amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, but that's dope that you caught that.
Speaker 8: Since I was little, I'm like, yo ho, everybody can not just sing, but say everybody can sing like he could have had, like everybody do their own solo.
Speaker 5: Yeah crazy man.
Speaker 8: But I want to say I love you so much. I've been inspired since I was like just so.
Speaker 5: Young, just those long mornings my.
Speaker 8: Mother pop your CDs and for every CD we had. You know, I grew up on you and I love you and I'm so happy that I got to meet you.
Speaker 2: You know, this is so crazy. This is the first time you met him, because he.
Speaker 4: S second time.
Speaker 8: Always I met him before he but it is kind of crazy, mean, Kirk Franklin, because you men are in our household are literally and I know my heart for word, I know that like everything my whole life.
Speaker 4: So meeting you was just like so I'm mad.
Speaker 5: It was Kirk Franklin like okay, and it is your presence.
Speaker 8: So I thank you so much just for all of your work and everything that you that you've done, You've contributed to just to my household and to gospel, the Word of God.
Speaker 5: Everything thank you.
Speaker 1: That's kind of yeah, thank you well, Dinner Kings. You can check it out on YouTube. New single Dude again. We're about to play that again and we have to leave with a prayer.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you know?
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 4: First of all? He prayed for me at the media room as well too. Okay, I'm always covering in prayer.
Speaker 3: Always coming too, but that.
Speaker 8: You see, Shay you I need you to pray in exactly exactly because they talked about them, so.
Speaker 5: Many of them talked them right off.
Speaker 3: Are we including praying for a zaddy or are.
Speaker 4: We please you allowed to say that to God? Go here? I can't.
Speaker 7: Man, man, Father, wow, man, thank you so much that you are just the most kindest, the most patient, creative of them all. Thank you Lord, that you constantly just forgive us when we mess up, and that you are always warning us to win because when we win it makes you look great.
Speaker 3: Father.
Speaker 7: We know that the world is crazy, and Father, I want to thank you for these three soldiers, for the four soldiers, and how they are doing their best to try to plant seeds of goodness in the earth. Just watch over the families, watch over their lives. If we've ever needed you before. We need you in the world. Now, please break down the walls of religion so that we can be able to see the light of your son. And I'm talking about your son as oh end and father. We want him to be glorified in our lives. We are far from perfect, messed up, and we love the fact that you take the lemons and make lemonade in our lives every day. Thank you for not giving up on us. We want to make you proud, we want to make you happy. And your name Jesus, Amen.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 1: All right, well there you have it. It's Kirk Franklin. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club