Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Renee All Day. Joining me today and.
Speaker 2: I'll scata how are you doing great? How are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great, really happy to have you here with me. My first thing, my first time meeting you. The crocs.
Speaker 2: The crocs.
Speaker 1: Talk to me about the crops. I mean, I don't own a pair of Crocs, but I keep thinking I need to have Crocs.
Speaker 2: I got into them probably my rookie year. They're a big thing in the NFL.
Speaker 1: You see him everywhere, easy slide on.
Speaker 2: I was curious, crop curious, I would say, got a pair of been wearing them ever since.
Speaker 1: The convenience unmatched, no doubt, no doubt. Do you ever get like the elevator they have, like the like fancy ones that they release.
Speaker 2: I have not, I will say, though. They just released the Mader Crocs, you know, like Mader from cars.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, the.
Speaker 2: Larry the Cable guy. So I actually tried to order those, my first ever fancy crops already sold out.
Speaker 1: Well what size do you have to get? Sixteen fourteen fourteen? Yeah, that's not easy to come. You don't get that in the stores rarely.
Speaker 2: Not too bad though, once you get fifteen sixteen. It gets a little tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, slippery slope. Okay, new dad, your baby.
Speaker 2: Is about six months, almost about five and a half months.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, talk to me about this baby.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. His name's Cody, Cody James. Best thing in my life.
Speaker 1: They're just so dreamy.
Speaker 2: He my wife was up for about four hours last night in the middle of the night, so that's not fun. But yeah, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy. You have these like little people, especially like that age too, when like you wear the little sack thing, the little like carry carrier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't like my carrier as much. My wife was a carrier that he likes mine. He's not the biggest fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, did you get like the dude carrier? Remember getting one of those from my husband? I was like, here, you can try.
Speaker 2: This dude care but I need like an excel. You know, there's so many that that fit.
Speaker 1: Me right, So I just care to get one of the big starrong guys.
Speaker 2: Those are too confusing for me.
Speaker 1: And I tried to watch so many YouTube datorials and I'm like, my baby's going to the zoo.
Speaker 2: Though, when I was just holding him and my arms were gasing out, it's not a good strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it is a lot. Cincinnati is a great place to have kids though, fantastic. It's really great.
Speaker 2: There's kids everywhere in my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's so much to do between, like the zoo, the museums, like all the different parks and all that. It's it's a good place to be.
Speaker 2: He's just starting to get exposed to stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so is he sitting up yet?
Speaker 2: Not quiet?
Speaker 1: We're working on We're working on it soon by Christmas, I hope. So by Christmas he'll be up and moving for sure. For sure. How has being a dad changed you as a person.
Speaker 2: I don't know that it's changed me that much. I really enjoy it. I spent more time at home, but I always spent I've always been like a home body. Yeah, so that doesn't really. It gets my wife to go to bed earlier, which I like. She normally she sleeps in, but now we got no choice. You know, we're up five six am every day. Oh, you get to go to bed early. I mean, it's kind of a great deal.
Speaker 1: My husband and I going through it. We're like, Okay, it's nine pm. We're gonna wrap this party up and shut her down. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: Five week Saturday night and bed at nine thirty we're partying. We were party.
Speaker 1: I love that. So you've always been a homebody. What kind of things are you doing at HOMEI you like a big show watcher, movies.
Speaker 2: What do you guys watch at shows? I go through phases like I'll play chess all the time or like, so I went through like a chess phase.
Speaker 1: Is that because of the team, because there's other chess players around here.
Speaker 2: I started playing before I got here, okay, but then I felt like I had to get my game up a little bit because we have some serious players. So then I started to take a little more serious when I got here, just so if something comes along, I'm prepared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta be gotta be ready for all of it. Chess. God, I just don't think I have the brain power.
Speaker 2: Oh you got the power. It's just you just got to come it.
Speaker 1: Maybe, I guess it's a lot of time. What shows are you guys watching? I talk, I say you guys, I assume you guys. Are you and your wife are watching you cannot watch them separately.
Speaker 2: We watch a lot less TV now since we've had it good, I will say that we will get like an hour a night. So right now, the Golden Bachelor is good. It's fine.
Speaker 1: Do you watch the other Bachelors?
Speaker 2: We do? Okay, it's like all those it's fine. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: But are the women on it like in the younger ones?
Speaker 2: They get there? Okay.
Speaker 1: I've been very curious about that. Every time that pops.
Speaker 2: About should I older people, they say some stuff out of left fields.
Speaker 1: So they're from a different generation.
Speaker 2: The Morning Show you seen that.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's great show. Love the Morning.
Speaker 2: Still getting into that one. That's the one I'm into right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that is a really really great show. I feel like the Apple shows Apple Plus shows are always.
Speaker 2: Probably I gotta I gotta get my Apples Ship plus game up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, getting there. There's lots of good stuff. The long hair pretty much always had long hair. What is the maintenance routine?
Speaker 2: No maintenance routine. There's the soap we have in these showers here, huh. Once I mostly throw it in a bun all the time, and that's why my it was a lot longer last year. I had to cut. It was like, you haven't worn it down in two years, it might be time to get me trim. So that was my first trim since high school.
Speaker 1: Wow, oh my gosh. Yeah, damn between that and the beard. What would happen if you went and clean shaven?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. I used to. I went through, like like in college, oak shave once a year every Christmas outshave. And now is that like.
Speaker 1: A family request or do you just.
Speaker 2: Think it was just you know, it gets a little out of control, messy, patchy, ugly, you know. So I was like, let's clean it up for Christmas. But now we play through Christmas in the NFL, So I stopped doing that. So now I just never shave, just let it go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I mean if you were to do a design, is there anything that you might be lean? Is there a facial hair that you like a design?
Speaker 2: This is as clean as it's going to get right here. This is freshly trimmed.
Speaker 1: We have Gillette here, so I'm just asking you some fish. They are a lovely sponsor here.
Speaker 2: So that style of razor?
Speaker 1: Sorry, do you you got to get in there? What number do you do I just.
Speaker 2: Use like the zero, but I just free, I just wing it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know way too much about your facial hair now, I asked, I asked him any questions. I know I went too far on it. I went too far.
Speaker 2: Tell me what you want to know.
Speaker 1: I got it off.
Speaker 2: I used to know.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you are from the West Coast, You've played on the East Coast. Now you're here in the Midwest. What are America's best offerings? What are the what's the best of all of these places?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: I'm a Canadian, so I'm still She.
Speaker 2: Was born in Toronto, moved to California pretty young. So we met in California and she went to school in University of British Columbia.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all right, like her already.
Speaker 2: A little bit everywhere. Love that. But I've enjoyed of the Midwest is the seasons, Yes, because I've lived in California, Arizona, and Florida. So just heat all the time. Yeah, I love the cold here, get a little snow. Yeah, That's what I've enjoyed in the Midwest. The best the fall, I mean, the leaves right now, the.
Speaker 1: Foliage, it's beautiful around my goodness, the Amal views.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good shrubbery, it's very very nice.
Speaker 1: Renee All Day is presented by Gellette Labs. Gellette Labs is not your dad's razor. It's Jellette's ultimate shaving experience. So I'll say this as I was getting ready to do this interview with you, You're a very hard man to find information on. You're a little elusive. I mean other than like I listen, I can find football information on you all day long. But you as a man, you as a person, who are you? What is there to Alex Kappa?
Speaker 2: My family? I got three brothers.
Speaker 1: Okay, where do you fall in the brothers?
Speaker 2: I'm the third of four.
Speaker 1: Okay, so two.
Speaker 2: Older one younger younger ones live with my dad out in Arizona. Oldest one is.
Speaker 1: An accountant, Okay, to do your accounting.
Speaker 2: It does not keep that out of the family. You know what.
Speaker 1: My mom was doing my bookkeeping for a bit and I was like, Stretch, I don't know, Carol, And he's in here.
Speaker 2: They're all wicked smart. He's into baseball analytics too, so he's like been doing that. Yeah. My other one builds DNA sequencers. He's living in San Diego as well. They're wicked smart.
Speaker 1: What is that? Even me? DNA sequencers?
Speaker 2: What is that? So you know, like you if you want to get your DNA sequence to find out all the oh weird genetic genetic things that you have. And he builds and installs those whoa yeah, oh my gosh, wicked smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where'd you get wicked from? That's saying does your does your wife get that on you?
Speaker 2: It's like a Boston I think it's like the uh I think Goodwill Hunting right, great film.
Speaker 1: Great film. It is a very good film. Okay, so you and your wife have been together for a very long time. How do you guys keep the romance alive? How long you guys been together?
Speaker 2: Uh? We got together sophomore here in high school. Okay, so it's been a while. Yeah, the romance live.
Speaker 1: Having babies, that'll do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say having a baby has brought us closer together for sure. It's Belie the best mom ever. It's awesome. Nice.
Speaker 1: That is nice. How much of your baby, I mean only at five and a half months, is a little hard to tell, but can you see bits of each of you guys in the baby at.
Speaker 2: First, it was hard to tell. Now I think he's looking more like me, which it's good because, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, something like that. Uh, your relationship with Ted. Talk to me about Ted Teddy karras guy, sweet Teddy. He is an interesting guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yes, me and Ted are like in a lot of ways, different in a lot of ways. I love playing with Ted. He's a great teammate. He's very passionate about football, very passionate about everything, which is always fun. He works really hard. Me and him, I feel like we're always trying to keep each other on the same page, trying to push each other to be better. He's a great team. It's a lot of fun to play with her.
Speaker 1: You went out to help support him as he was launching his since he hats you guys all like really support each other a lot and all these other endeavors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, he's when you're talking about. We went out to Indy for the Village of Maurici little fundraiser up there. It was unbelievable. Yeah, I mean, he's a stud what he's doing with that. The amount of money that they've raised and the cause that they support, it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. With you guys, trying to, you know, find the rhythm, uh, with with everything you guys are doing right now. You guys have such a tight group. What do you think it is about the group right now that kind of keeps you guys on the same page.
Speaker 2: I think we have a lot of good people on this team, and so it's easy when you have people who have common goals calming. Uh, it's just good people. When you have good people, it's easy to work together and it's easy to stay on the same page. Anytime. If you have someone who you feel like they're not as bad in as you or something like that, then that's not good. So we feel like, yeah, we got a good group.
Speaker 1: Last year, burrough sent you guys on a cruise. He did what happened on the cruise? What was this cruise?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the problem. Here's the problem with the cruise. One Joe said he doesn't even like cruises. So I feel like, maybe pawn this off on something I don't know. But my wife was already pregnant, so that by the time the season rolled around, she was too pregnant to go on a cruise. So we didn't. We didn't go on the cruise.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't go.
Speaker 2: She was too pregnant. We couldn't go on. I'm not gonna go on a cruise on my way and that's just.
Speaker 1: Not no, that doesn't work, that doesn't fly.
Speaker 2: So I think you have to be like under twenty weeks to go on a cruise or something. Don't let you on.
Speaker 1: Oh fair enough, I mean you're you're really out there. I mean, yeah, you don't want to it's not worth it. I wonder if Burrow just got like gifted, then he's like, I don't want to go on it, but you guys.
Speaker 2: Please, No. Everyone everyone who went really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to go.
Speaker 2: I've never been on a cruise.
Speaker 1: I really want a long time ago. But it's so, I'm going to this one.
Speaker 2: I like to lay low, though, So you lay around and eat some food and then you go on an excursion for a couple of hours. It's perfect.
Speaker 1: What's your dream vacation?
Speaker 2: Mmm? So I want to go to Italy because I think Italy is beautiful. My wife's no, no, that's cute. There you go. He has he has a place in Limano, Italy, and it's like an old town where like only like maybe a few dozen people live now. I want to go out there and see that. Yeah, But then also I want to go on like an African safari or something. I think that would be sick. I love animals.
Speaker 1: That would be such a fun trip. I mean, that's the one that's like, that's the bucket.
Speaker 2: List they're supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. But also that's terrifying because well, I think so. I mean, imagine being on like the safari and then they like shine the lights and all of a sudden you see these like a pride of lions right in your face, like they're not at the zoo. I feel like they're not docile, do they?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Seems to me especially are so freaking cool.
Speaker 1: Fair enough you play for the Bengals, right there, you go, you.
Speaker 2: Got to Yeah, So I think that's one I really want to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That that is definitely like a bucket list kind of kind of trip. Okay, so you're obviously playing with Burrow here, but you've been able to play with Brady, some of the best quarterbacks of all time. What is it about Brady that makes him so great?
Speaker 2: It's preparation, for sure. He prepares as good as anybody and he uh, make sure everybody else is prepared as well, like he's. It takes. It takes everybody a quarterback can't do about themselves. So he did a good job make sure everybody was on the same page and ready to roll.
Speaker 1: And what about with Joe.
Speaker 2: No, same thing. Joe as elite, confident, elite preparation. We know he knows exactly what he needs to do, where it needs to be all the time, and that he's gonna put us in the right situation. Yeah, confidence and preparation for sure.
Speaker 1: Let's play a little game called who in the old line? Okay, who in the old line is the biggest teddy Bear? Mmmm? It's a long pause.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Cody Ford. Okay, Cody Ford only because I've started to see his tiktoks lately, So I'm seeing him at home way.
Speaker 1: Much on the tiktoks. I've not seen it.
Speaker 2: Well, his girlfriend has a TikTok and she started to pop up on my for you page, and I'm seeing it at home. I'm seeing the real teddy bear. Yeah, I mean that's the real answer. I thought about that one hard.
Speaker 1: You did think about that one. His wives and girlfriends definitely like to expose the sweeter side of you guys. You never want to see Gus. He's like giant monster men. It's nice to they're sweet guys on the inside. Okay, biggest trash talker Ob for sure?
Speaker 2: Orlando?
Speaker 1: Who is the quintessential dad of the group. Who's fothering you all? Daddy O line?
Speaker 2: Now that you said.
Speaker 1: That, that changes me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say me. Now that you said that, I was gonna say another answer. He said, daddy A line. I'm not putting anyone else on that category.
Speaker 1: That's me. Who's the biggest trouble maker?
Speaker 2: Ted for sure?
Speaker 1: Who's the best hygiene not sharing razors?
Speaker 2: Jackson Carmen was showers a day.
Speaker 1: Really, that's a lot sounds like exaggerating. Yeah, he's keeping it clean. I like that better than the other, right. Who would be the best babysitter? Who would you trust with your five and a half month old baby? Sweet baby Cody.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Cordel. Okay, Cordell. He's got a couple of nieces mm hm, and they're pretty young, and he seems like he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: He knows familiar with the territory. Being such a large man. What are some of the pros and cons of being so massive? So just to provide context to this, So, I work in the world a professional wrestler, and I've been out with massive wrestlers and people often want to touch you when you're this big. They want to grab you, they want to jump on your back. Is this did you experience this?
Speaker 2: Probably not to the same level, Okay, I don't know that. I rull in the same crowds. You know, so fair fair cons?
Speaker 1: Do you have to like do chores, like like changing the light bulbs or I will say.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of light bulbs in my house that are out and it's like our ceiling where it peaks, they're there, like the two top ones are out. I'm like, I can't get up there even with.
Speaker 1: A lat I know how you got to bring someone in for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Pros. I think it's it's you feel good common and everyone else You're like, this is how it's supposed to be. Cons everything else.
Speaker 1: Shopping bending down.
Speaker 2: That's the hardest to the crops. You can't just order stuff special made.
Speaker 1: Where do you order from? What?
Speaker 2: It's like your That's why I'm wearing crocs and these Amazon shorts and Bengals.
Speaker 1: Attire the blessings of Amas.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Next Day, baby, you got Okay, we're going to do a game. Just see how efficient you are at diapering.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Renee All Day is presented by Gillette Labs. The best a man can get, keeps getting better. Look good game.
Speaker 2: Good? Do you think I changed diapers or no?
Speaker 1: Of course you do.
Speaker 2: Of course you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you don't.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering if you think, of course I do? You of course you do.
Speaker 1: You're you're, you're, you're the guy.
Speaker 2: You do it. I can see it, of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's just I don't know what kind of diaper this.
Speaker 2: Does, doesn't I don't use reused diapers, for one. I mean I'm throwing that diaper away. Oh same okay, same thing.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not washing in the sink. No, no, I.
Speaker 2: Mean even like if it's not a dirty diaper, like if you take it off, it's garbage.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I know it. Well except for this, exactly, except for this. This one will make an exception. This is Bjay's baby. It was from another segment that was not on this dress as well. We're gonna dress the baby and diaper the baby. And I mean, at least I don't know your baby's not fighting you yet. My baby fights me now.
Speaker 2: So look he likes to grab on midway through his arm.
Speaker 1: Being my daughter's like two and a half, nown she goes as like fighting me running. It's like literally wrestling an alligator.
Speaker 2: First, even though you had the diaper on the outside.
Speaker 1: I did not dress this baby. That was not me.
Speaker 2: Someone else said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would have put the diaper on the inside.
Speaker 2: I'll make sure we got good coverage here, yeah, secured. Well, this is a low quality diaper whoever. I don't know what brand this is, but I mean that's a secure diaper right there.
Speaker 1: That was quick. That was actually very good and smooth. You got that down. No, no, you got that down nicely.
Speaker 2: This is good because you don't have support the head or anything, because it's a doll. Arms and this is riveting content right now. Are people going to like this?
Speaker 1: But we're just gonna.
Speaker 2: Try on this baby here.
Speaker 1: See what you're made of, you know.
Speaker 2: Good shoulder mobility. Yeah, I always worry I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Like scare it hurt, I know.
Speaker 2: My baby or something haven't yet.
Speaker 1: They're pretty resilient.
Speaker 2: Their joints are so flexible disturbingly, so are you? Okay?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: And then here's the other thing. I would never use this. It's got buttons. No, no, we're not buttoning twenty things.
Speaker 1: You learned that the hard way.
Speaker 2: Anytime my wife puts on something and it's full of buttons, I'm like, what are we doing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I remember one time I had my husband change my daughter and he brought her back in a bathing suit to go to bed, and I was like, Oh, that's not right, that's.
Speaker 2: Not going to go that's efficient.
Speaker 1: That was great, He's dad. Everybody, beautiful baby.
Speaker 2: That was really nice, not bad?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, where did this baby come from? This is like, I mean, it was Pj's baby, but I mean it's a little creepy.
Speaker 2: Put it back here, a little creepy.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll let the baby just kind of oh my god, with flying colors. No, you are a diaper changing man's generation. You know your way around it. You've got to share those duties, you know. I don't want to deal with all the blowouts. It's on you exactly exactly after football, what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: Hell? My baby. I really don't know. I'll probably think about that stuff a lot or no, I do, yeah, but it's hard. Yeah, I don't know what I want to do. I'll probably coach in some capacity, but he's NFL coaches put in some serious hours, as do college coaches, so I might be like a high school coach or something. I really don't know yet, but.
Speaker 1: For me to tie in my wrestling themes with some football, if you had to have an entrance to walk you out to the field, what would be? What do you listen to? Who are you tell me more about?
Speaker 2: I don't listen to like that much music. Really. I like music, but like if i'm driving in like I'm listening to like a podcast or YouTube video.
Speaker 1: Okay? Are you like learning things?
Speaker 2: Sometimes? Learning things? Sometimes wasting my brain? But I do both? I do both. I don't listen to that much music. But you know that that song written in the Stars, you remember that's like written in oh yeah, from like two thousand and eight or something. Yeah, that played like in one of my high school games before the game, and I was like, so stop. So ever since then, when I've heard that song, like juic stuff? Okay, where we go not a real hype song.
Speaker 1: But no, but I like that. It's funny. You can like hear a song, it transports you to like a certain moment in time.
Speaker 2: And you just get this.
Speaker 1: What do you think was the biggest moment of your life?
Speaker 2: What am my little dude? Was more? There? You go simple, I'm a family man.
Speaker 1: It's a family guy. Yeah, Hays, one of more kids.
Speaker 2: I want as many as my wife will allow.
Speaker 1: Oh. I love that. Yeah, keep them coming.
Speaker 2: How many do you have?
Speaker 1: I only have one?
Speaker 2: Okay, I know what.
Speaker 1: I would love to have another one too. Once you have one, you're like, oh my god, these kids are great? Yeah, what else are we doing? Why would I not have more kids? So delicious and sweet? Okay, I derailed this interview entirely, but thank you so much for coming to hang out with me. Or a delightful human being. And you're a great diaper changer.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. What a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you ever shave your face, let us know and we'll hook it up.
Speaker 2: I'll keep it in mind. Yeah,