Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being with us one.
Speaker 1: And today is Robin's birthday. Happy birthday, Robin. Happy birthday, Robin. Hey a Happy birthday, Robt, Happy birthday, Robin day.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling? It's my birthday? I feel the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay as you did yesterday, did yesterday?
Speaker 1: Okay, for tomorrow, we're all the same. Okay, all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: So this is not monumental, No, this is forty six, forty six. Okay, how we feeling forty six? You' looking beautiful for forty six? Not that that's like I mean, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean that's that's Its an accomplishment because some people don't look beautiful for forty six. Some people look trush, but some people look incredible for sixty six. You know, it's all it's very interesting to see how we age differently. Totally very interesting. Totally forty six. It is kind of a it's weird because it's like closer to fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whoo, whoo whoo whoop. And fifty is like when you're a bad bitch. Okay, just just so.
Speaker 1: They said about forty, that's what they said about thirty or forty.
Speaker 3: That's like you're revving up your bad bitch okay.
Speaker 2: Fifty is like you are at bad bitch status if you're still looking like this, what you will?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: But it's like it's harder the you know, the more you age, it's harder to like yeah, together, I'm just I'm wondering when I'm going to get a facelift, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like when it's so crazy because I have a girlfriend that is actually.
Speaker 3: Interviewing doctors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is nothing wrong with her face, Like she's freaking beautiful.
Speaker 3: If I'm gonna tell you later who is And you can be like what.
Speaker 2: So Like I don't want you to think about that because yeah, as of today, you don't need one.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: But people get them young, Like I know people younger than me who have gotten facelift really or have gotten like things done, you know, or like a lot of people are getting the bleffer that's not really facelift but bluffer placid.
Speaker 3: It's open.
Speaker 1: It's like an eye lift. A lot of people were getting that. I wouldn't really call it a facelift, Like, if you have that, what did I think Tamar has done had a facelift? Oh okay, right, I don't have no idea. Yeah, Tamradon gets a lot of stuff done. But I have seen younger people and they're they have gotten like some type of surgical something done to their face. And I'm like, oh my god, do I need to start like looking.
Speaker 3: You're good too far?
Speaker 2: But in your in the industry, yeah, go thirty is the industry for all of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll talk to the people. But we're not as we're not invasive.
Speaker 1: We're very like a more natural, minimally invasive type of you know, studios. It's not about like the facelift. It's more so just preserving your natural beauty. But I am kind of like what I wonder when that day is going to come where I'm like interviewing doctors to get a facelift.
Speaker 2: I think you've got a good ten to twelve years. You think so totally totally. Now let's talk about can I.
Speaker 3: Talk about I just remember this story.
Speaker 1: When I was little, I was like at my grandmother's house, and my aunt was there, and I'm sitting at the kitchen table and I'm looking at her and I'm like, very young.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at her. I'm like, why does she look different? What is happening? And then I and.
Speaker 1: Then she had like a she had like a bandage under her chin, yeah, and like maybe a bandage on the side of her face, and like, I'm still young, so I don't know, like I don't know about facelifts. And I'm looking at him and I'm like and I think I said to her, I said.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what happened? Are you okay? Like did something happened?
Speaker 1: She's like, oh no, Like she totally brushed it off. I totally did not acknowledge that she had a facelift.
Speaker 3: And then years later, one day it was like she had a facelift. You're like, that's what it was, Like, that's what that was.
Speaker 2: But even bandages, you could have thought like she fell down right herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she kind of said something like, oh I felt I can't remember. She she totally did not tell me she had a facelift in that moment, and it was years later before I realized that is what happened.
Speaker 3: Listen. Auntie was trying to say, keep it cute.
Speaker 1: But it's so But that's like my my family's very like private, like you know what I mean, Like we're other families.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Auntie would have been like, oh, yeah, I got my I got a facelift, like my family was very like no, like it ain't your business.
Speaker 3: I'm not telling you.
Speaker 1: But I just thought I thought it was so funny when I just like figured it out one day.
Speaker 2: But I think it's like an old school thing. Like my mother is still like very private. Like I think she has a boyfriend and I don't know who he is, right, yeah, but she can at this point tell me, right, And if you.
Speaker 3: Asked her, she probably, oh, just say that what you're talking about? You want to tell me about your boyfriend? I'd be like sure, right, tit for tat yes, because when I get my facelift, I'm gonna tell everybody. Yeah, Like people were like, oh, you look so good. I'm not at a facelift.
Speaker 2: You gonna do like Karen and like post the but the doctor's office post if if the doctor is going to give me a free face list and it's for a post thing, yeah yeah, yeah, Well you would see the whole process. And Karen has a great facelift, by the way.
Speaker 3: Does she. I haven't seen it in a while, like in person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in person, yes, because I've seen him with like no makeup on Okay, yeah, okay, that's good speaking of Karen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think about it often.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna send you this lady's page. This this might be a comfort to you, Okay, Okay, So there's a lady I came across her on Instagram.
Speaker 3: All right, then go back to my I'm gonna tell you her name.
Speaker 2: By the way, we haven't done a shady moment, which we haven't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm glad you brought that up because I wanted to tell you about this lady's page.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So it's the lady. She is.
Speaker 1: Maybe in her fifties now, Okay. She spent five years in jail for real estate fraud, and she didn't realize what she was doing was fraud.
Speaker 3: So she went to jail just kind of unexpectedly.
Speaker 2: Unexpectedly a trip to jail, right, well, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, Like she didn't know that she was doing something that was illegal, right, and so her going to jail for five years.
Speaker 2: Was like, you know significant, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 1: So her name is Portia Louder p o r t i A louder l o u d e r. She went to jail, and she spends like her her whole her whole page just kind of explaining jail, why she went to jail, her experience in jail, her first night in jail, her you know, just time in jail and so and the way she talks.
Speaker 3: She's very her voice is very soothing.
Speaker 1: It's like so when I saw this, I was like, this is this is kind of like might be helpful to some people who are worried about Karen, Like what did anything bad happen? Well, she no, like she was just kind of she did explain her first night in jail, and she cried like a baby the whole time, and she said, you know, her bunk mate was like really nice in her like, oh, I'll give you the bottom bump and you know, like stuff like you know.
Speaker 3: Just you're gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: Like there's a lot of people in there that are very like reassuring. So like she has a post like my first day in prison. Oh, hold on, let's see what it's like to visit a federal prison. So that's that's the whole thing. It's a different thing than Karen.
Speaker 3: Well, no, no, she explained.
Speaker 1: Remember we were talking about the difference between prison and jail, so she talked about the difference between jail and prison, and like, she just gives you so much information. The hardest thing about going to prison, differences between county jail and prison. You can become an amazing person in prison. These are all like the titles on her on her pages, I went to jail when I was forty three years old. Like, so she just like listening to her talk because she's a very like regular you know, middle middle aged white lady that you know was in jail, and she gives it a human she humanizes prison. Yeah, and she actually ends up kind of telling you, like the positives that have come out of her being spending time in jail. Okay, I love that. So check her page out. Okay, we'll do, we'll do, and you will, you know, find it enlightning.
Speaker 3: We're concerned about.
Speaker 1: Current and hopefully, you know, maybe feel hopefully by this time, like Karen's been there for a few weeks, hopefully she's getting acclimated and feeling settled and found her people and all of that.
Speaker 2: From what I understand, she's I don't want to say she's being protected.
Speaker 3: What's the word.
Speaker 2: She's like they're making sure she's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think there was like the latest, there's like a transition kind of like you first start kind of in like the county jail and then they'll move you. And so I think that helps with the like getting acclimated and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, Well what is your shady moment?
Speaker 3: Birthday girl?
Speaker 1: So you know I have this basketball hoop in my backyard. Yes, right, we put it in. We've been in my house for crazy time.
Speaker 3: Flies. How long has it been.
Speaker 1: It'll be four years in August. Oh wow, that's so crazy to me. So we've been here for almost four years. So my basketball hoop was installed three and a half years ago. And I have my like my trusty handyman and install the basketball hoop.
Speaker 3: Yes that you tried to hook up with me? Is that? No?
Speaker 1: No? That was my lands neighbor, that's right. Yes, So Kevin is my like trusty handy man. We call him and you know, oh Kevin, can you put this shelf up?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Kevin can you install the bidet. Oh, Kevin, you like, you know, just little things right. And I don't know what I was thinking three and a half years ago when I asked Kevin to install this basketball hoop because.
Speaker 3: It's super heavy.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like this hoop is you could you can find this hoop in an NBA court, like you know, super big glass backboard, very like heavy duty, very heavy. You got a poor concrete, you gotta you know, dig a hole however many feet deep and blah blah blah and do all the things right. So I had Kevin install it. I don't know, maybe because Kevin was going to charge me like two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: To do it, and the yeah, that's why you asked.
Speaker 1: In the basketball company installer people were chargeding like I don't know, fifteen hundred or whatever dollars to do it and then and they have like a wait list and bah blah. So I just had Kevin do it. So three and a half years later, my hoop is leaning over. It is got you got what you paid for. It's called got what you paid for? That too huge and fifty dollars got you through three is and it's a rap.
Speaker 3: It is a wrap, it is.
Speaker 1: Leaning forward like it is just it's like my kids are like, what is this? And now I gotta pick two thousand dollars, no way to get the whole thing. Take Yeah, they gotta. They gotta take it, disassemble it, take it out of the.
Speaker 3: Ground, repour the concrete. Oh my god, put it back in, put it back up. Do they really need this? They go to the gym, Yeah, they need it. Why because we have a.
Speaker 1: Like a shooting machine like they can they can get a lot of shots up.
Speaker 3: They use it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, they use it. And then like gyms around here are not readily accessible.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah they need it. Okay. So yeah, so that's what you say.
Speaker 1: So my you know, my shady mom is now I got to you know, I was trying to save some money for four years ago, and now I gotta pay two thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars snuck up on you, yep, to get it done right, get it right.
Speaker 1: So the moral to the story is get it done right the first time. So freaking loose, like don't skip on stuff like that, no at all.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: And then so so Kevin was here recently because my driver, Revnt was clogged, and I'm like, Kevin, look at my basketball hoop.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh, yeah, okay, I'll come fix it. No, no, no, you're fired.
Speaker 2: No, you're not mixing that. You're not absolutely not catching that. You didn't even notice man on fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, you're not fixing that. So kind of sucks, but you know you get what you paid for.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: So I recently had to go to the doctor or had to go to like primary care or needed just to like I need to run into primary.
Speaker 3: Care like very quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so but I haven't been there in a minute, just because I don't know. I'm healthy and I go listen, I go to my obgyn. Yeah, like clockwork right, But the primary care situation too, you kind of lag on that just just like I'm healthy, I feel good. Yeah, I look good too, my teeth clean, everything's good.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I called them to make an appointment and they were like, ma'am, you have a.
Speaker 1: Bill of thirty seven dollars and sixty eight cents about Center collection.
Speaker 2: Literally thirty seven dollars. We're about Center collection, I said, I said, I laughed. I was like, I said, yeah, okay, well do you have availability today, right, And they.
Speaker 3: Were like, you have a bill of thirty seven dollars.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, ma'am, ma'am, like I wanted to get to do you have availability?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: She would not have that conversation with me until I paid bill, paid my third that I didn't know about my treats.
Speaker 3: Where did this thirty seven dollars come from? The clear blue sky? Send you an invoice in the mail.
Speaker 2: I don't know about this thirty seven dollars. I don't give a damn about the thirty seven dollars.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So, after she's started screaming at me, I said, okay, let's take care of this large bill of thirty seven dollars.
Speaker 1: How do I take care of that? So she was like, I can take a payment over the phone. I said, okay, it's I give her my information.
Speaker 2: We get that handled, and then she and then she starts looking to see whether or not I can come in, and then she tells me no, we have no availability. Oh my god, oh my god, and we can't take you for another three days.
Speaker 3: Do you know? Almost cussed at her.
Speaker 2: I wanted to say fuck you, bitch, but I did not. I just was like, you know, what so I made an appointment. Yeah, and then I canceled it. I made an appointment and then we got out the phone or whatever. You know how they send you like a text Messageeah. Yeah, I canceled it on the text message because I was just mad. I was like, I don't never want to see y'all again. Y'all treat me bad over thirty seven dollars. I didn't know I owed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great. That's one thing.
Speaker 2: If I just y'all kept sending me thirty seven dollars bills, then I just didn't pay. No, I didn't know that existed.
Speaker 3: Right, Why did he not mail it? Call me me say something? Right? Send a pigeon how to pay the thirty seven downs? Yeah, that's crazy. Sixty eight cents by the way.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I want to talk about the Real Housewives of Atlanta because they are They have premiered their new season, sween sixteen season. Yes, I'm very happy for them. I know, you know some of those ladies, and I've been I've.
Speaker 3: Been watching you have, Yes, I have not.
Speaker 1: I know I've seen, you know, maybe just clips here and there, But actually I don't even watch clips. I just see just social media activativity. Yes, so are you enjoying?
Speaker 2: Well, let me say that it's very stylized, so that's what I've heard, yes, And that's not really the word that people have used.
Speaker 1: It was more like they said the graphics and you would kind of know this because you watch They said it reminds them of love and hip hop?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Who said that? People in the comment that's what it is? Okay?
Speaker 2: It is exactly like love and hip hop, which is so weird to me. And I'm like, who decided, because you know, we know about it at the production company?
Speaker 3: Who decided to do that? Yeah? But so how do you feel about that? I don't like that?
Speaker 2: But I got past that, Okay, okay, And because okay, had love and hip hop never done it?
Speaker 1: I might like it, but it's you feel like it's love and what am I watching here? Right?
Speaker 3: It's looking a little love and hip hop? So what like?
Speaker 1: So what exactly is being done to make it look like love and hip hop? Well?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? I don't think that they know that they're copying love and hip hop? But right, but I'm saying, like, what makes it look like? You have to see it? Watch it's just the way.
Speaker 1: But it's like it's the way the cameras. No, it's style, camera and goals or something like what is.
Speaker 2: Their opening is very you gotta see it the graphics, it's it's just stylized.
Speaker 1: Like but I think it's even the way it's I think people are referring to, not the opening, but like the way it's shot, like the way when you watch their scene York.
Speaker 2: Some of yes, in the in the first episode, but then it gets kind of back to normal.
Speaker 1: Okay, a housewifi, Okay, yeah, but in the beginning, yes, okay, But I'm like, I understand what people are saying, but I'm like, what exactly makes it? Like what are they doing to make it look different?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Everything it's it's not shot.
Speaker 2: You know how you can watch Rehousewives of Potomac or Rehousewives Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: They're kind of shot the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're watching the same, just different people.
Speaker 3: This is shot different.
Speaker 2: It's it's put it's edited different. Outside that it's just edited in a different way.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, so when we say shot different, like it's it's made.
Speaker 2: It's shot the same, it's edited different. It's shot the same.
Speaker 3: Really, Okay, I guess I gotta peak for myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, because there's this one scene with Porsche and she's working out, so she's slow mo working out by herself, and then she's talking, which they took i'm sure from a confessional on top of her working out in slow mo, and then it kind of like cuts to her running away.
Speaker 3: That's love and hip hop, got it? Okay? So that's yes, Yes, So is there a lot of that? No? Right, but that's not necessary. Yeah, it's not. Yeah, that's an editing thing. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But anyway, let's get to the meat of the man.
Speaker 3: Yes, which is the show in general? I'm actually enjoying? Oh, really good?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's it's it's drama, right, it's we got some funniness. We got a lot going on. Yeah, there are and I won't say who there is. There are like two people. When they do talk, I want to change the channel. I just can't listen to their voices. But outside of that, give it a watch, Okay, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: I would. There's one girl. I'm assuming she had a nose job and maybe and maybe her nose is pinched too tight. She sounds like her when she's talking.
Speaker 1: I don't know that she had a shop, but she sounds like she's talking like yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Did see that in a clip. Okay, why does she sound like that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Again, there's two voices that are I can't handle listening to. Okay, so I do fast forward that their parts. But like Portia, Smia, Cynthia Drew Kenya, like those girls, like, yes, I've been watching them, okay, yeah, all right, cool.
Speaker 1: I did see the video of Shamia and her house and how rich she is and how big her house is, and I'm like, okay, where have you been atting.
Speaker 3: All this time? Okay, yes, all this lavishness.
Speaker 2: This Gucci, Louie Versachi and and the things. Yeah yeah, and and and the role's voices and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So and I'm you know, Shemiya is obviously very excited that she's now holding a peach.
Speaker 3: And you know I'm happy for her. Yeah yeah, so good stuff, right? Will I hope they keep it up?
Speaker 2: Yes, because we know it's hard. It's hard out here in these in these reality TV streets. Yes, indeed, so they ranked the top most powerful women they live.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, this is a little ranking. I don't know who did the ranking number.
Speaker 2: One of most powerful women by where they live. Okay, I'm saying that wrong. Where women have the most power. Okay, let me get it straight.
Speaker 3: Where women have the most power, like geographically, Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, let me give you Let me give you the fifty, let me give you the least. Let me give you the fifty first. Okay, state Alabama? Okay, that makes sense. Sure, yeah, I would even think like a Mississippi or something even more. Okay, so Mississippi is in't his So where Missippi is fifty?
Speaker 3: So Missippi is fifty Alabama fifty one? Okay.
Speaker 2: Number one is Washington, DC, that's what Yeah, okay, okay, okay makes sense. Yes, Number number four is Maryland.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we.
Speaker 2: Overhear real powerful robbers. I'm feeling like, you know, large and in charge. Yes, that's why the DMV is one of the best areas in the country. Like, yes, I mean, despite the weather, this is still one of the most ideal places to live. It's if you're you know, a person of color, if you're a woman, or if you're a you know, white person that wants to be exposed to diversity. Yes, and to be exposed to people of all races cultures doing amazing things.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, and this is the best place to be.
Speaker 2: But I'm not even mad at the weather, like you hate the winners. But I feel like we get all seasons we do, which is a plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like, I, you know, we gociate the summer because of the winter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, yes, I agree with that, but it's just and I like wearing my big sweaters and my hats and my little fer Yeah. I like coming out my boots on and my.
Speaker 2: Mini skirts and like dropping something and bending over.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay. So with number two, so DC's number one.
Speaker 2: With number two Massachusetts huish Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: How do you say that word?
Speaker 2: Massche Massachusetts, Massachusetts, Massachusetts, massa chuse shits Massachusetts, Massachusetts, Massachusetts. There you go, that's it. Okay, yep, that place, Yep. That number two, New York is number three.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: And then like I said, Maryland number four Massachusetts, Massachusetts. Yeah, that's random, it's random. That's really random, because like, is that like Boston.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know when that lives there. And then number ten would be Connecticut, which makes sense. Because that's like right outside of New York. That area number seven is California.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, okay, So speaking.
Speaker 2: Of California, did you know Gavin Newsom has a podcast? No, he's trying to jump into this whole podcast world, really and he doesn't know.
Speaker 3: We do it better. I don't, Gavin, I don't care what.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of people, like we always say this, a lot of people get into the podcast world and a lot of people leave.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Good good for him, Good for Gavin, I guess. Okay, so that's what I want to talk about. What that's it I just talked about.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, all right, So have a couple of things, all right, So tell me your opinion on this. Yeah, I saw this post was on I saw this on People, but I think it was on TikTok.
Speaker 2: First, by the way, if you aren't watching us and you're just listening to us, Robin has on a sweatshirt and it says hello, I'm late.
Speaker 3: Yes, as if that's a shocker.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, of course, I like I have to tell you that I'm late, But it's like I'm I have no problem.
Speaker 2: We know, but it's your birthday, so you could be all late and I.
Speaker 1: Can wait, so you're right. Okay. So I saw this post a girl posted on TikTok. She was at the airport and she was sitting like in a food court eating food and as opposed to what, drinking coffee okay, right, reading a book okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Cool, okay, eating food in the food court.
Speaker 3: She's in the food cork. She might not have been eating food, right.
Speaker 1: She was in the food court, okay, And a man just like walks past her, drops a napkin with a note on it and keeps walking. And the man was a pilot, like she could look at him and tell he was a pilot. And on the note it said I have seen the world and you are the most beautiful woman in it, with his signature, And she posted.
Speaker 3: It thought it was cute.
Speaker 1: Right of course, people in the comments are like, oh my god, he's such a creep. He does this all the time. Pilots are the worst. He's probably married, of like, there's.
Speaker 3: People go nuts. Yes, okay, so I thought it was cute.
Speaker 1: I'm like he dropped the note, gave her a compliment and kept it moving like there was no like.
Speaker 3: Can I have a number?
Speaker 1: Okay, nothing, no shady anything there. He paid her a compliment, kept a moving, and the fact that people are sitting here like tearing this man apart, calling him a creep, and oh.
Speaker 3: He knows what he's doing. Like what.
Speaker 2: I mean, he might be a great but he wasn't a creep to her. He just gave her a compliment and keep keptcation.
Speaker 3: I like that. I appreciate that. I like a little a little intrigue. Yes, I thought it was really cute. It was nice.
Speaker 1: Now the thing is, if he is married and his wife sees this post, yeah, well she can recognize his handwriting and his signature.
Speaker 2: Well, has anybody else come out to say, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He did that to me too, girl, not that I've seen. I don't know. People need to calm down in mind their business. Everything so negative.
Speaker 1: I know. Yeah, I'm like and and just because a man pays a woman a compliment, that doesn't mean that he's trying to get in the pants like or you. No, I have received many compliments. I'm sure you've received many elements where people just stop and say, I just want to tell you you're beautiful, and they keep walking true.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 2: If I said, if I acknowledge it in a way that gave a little attention, then they be trying to get my pants.
Speaker 3: Well that's because that was on you, like you open that door, you know. Okay, fine, But like I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, I just I hate that people have to like always try to like find a negative or turn something into like something shady or negative.
Speaker 3: No, let the man pay the woman a compliment and keep it moving. Okay, I like, but I did.
Speaker 1: I thought that was cute because like we very rarely see handwritten anything these days. I know, I want a handwritten note. Yeah, yeah right, Like that's such a rare Yes, it's so sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna actually start writing handwritten notes to people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people would appreciate it. Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 2: Does it just is wanna like I'm gonna write you some poetry or I'm gonna express myself by writing a letter.
Speaker 1: No, I mean he'll write, like if it's like my birthday on a birthday card, you like, he'll write something.
Speaker 2: But you know he's not a writer. Okay, Yeah, good to know. I don't think I have any writers either. Yeah, yeah, that isn't or readers.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, we're want to give a birthday shout out on my birthday.
Speaker 3: We're not doing this. We are doing this. Why are we doing this? I'm because that's the selfless person that I am. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, her birthday is not until Monday, April fourteenth.
Speaker 3: Well then we really shouldn't be talking about we will be doing this.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, because I'm gonna forget okay, birth It's still airy season, so I'm giving.
Speaker 3: God Taurus April fourteenth. No this aries? Oh okay, yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Think Aris stops at because my brother in law is April fifteenth and he's an Aries, so I think the sixteenth is tourist.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, your brother in law. Oh yeah, your brother in.
Speaker 1: Law, Jawn's brother, younger brother. Okay, so she says, hello, Jazelle and Robin. My thirty third birthday is on Monday, April fourteenth. I've been listening to your podcast since the very beginning, and I have been watching rhop since day one. My birthday wish would be to have a personalized birthday message or birthday shout out on the podcast. You two are my absolute favorite people. I hope to one day meet you two at either a live show or just around the DMV. I hope you have a great day. All the best, Amy Cohen in Annapolis, Maryland, Amy, Happy birthday, Amy Cohen, Yes, on April fourteenth, my fellow Ari sister.
Speaker 2: Even though I Amy think you're being selfish because you're taking Robin Shine.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday. Anyway, that's the person that I am. Okay, I did not approve this, Amy, Okay, all right, So we have a follow up.
Speaker 1: So remember we talked about Asia, Yes, and her best friend, best guy friend that ditched her on her birthday trip. Yeah, the four hundred dollars, Yes, four hundred dollars. So she wanted to respond to some of our questions okay, okay, and give a little more context and insight on the situation. Love that all right? So hi, might Rich Aunties, it's your favorite niece, Asia. Just here to clear up some things for you too about my recent birthday trip.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Number one, No, this person is not my Boojazel. He's like a gay bestie that I met at work.
Speaker 3: Why she got to call me out? He must have said that.
Speaker 1: You must have said that, right, Okay, number two, he had a flight, because I think I said, like.
Speaker 3: Well, did he even book a flight? Yeah, he had a flight.
Speaker 1: We all booked our flights on Jet Blue together weeks in advance.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Number three, I wanted to book everything flight in hotel, all on the same day, but both friends said they wanted to wait and do the pay when we get to the hotel.
Speaker 3: Option.
Speaker 1: I had to put down a five hundred dollars deposit then because the besty bailed out. Oh, I had to put down a five dollar deposit then because the gay best he bailed out last minute. I had to put up another one five hundred and forty two dollars because we all committed to paying seven hundred and seventy one dollars once we got to the hotel.
Speaker 3: But they're staying in the same room. What's going on here? Maybe so? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe so if she had to cover his his stuff, okay, Yeah, they wanted to walk together.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I ended up dishing out way more money than I had planned to, being that it was only two of us instead of three. Yeah, they probably stay in the same room. But I definitely learned my lesson on traveling friends I just don't understand how you brag about having so many stamps on your passport and call yourself mister PTO and always saying you love to travel. Travel requires having money, honey, not just four hundred dollars. What is brokene brokie?
Speaker 3: What is PTol?
Speaker 1: Oh? My gosh, paid time off? You are so out of the working world.
Speaker 3: I have never had PTO? Have I ever had PTO? Didn't you have a job before I did?
Speaker 2: But I don't remember that that term same vacation days, Oh, vacation days? Okay, okay, okay, I had some PTO. I have PTO today actually paid time off? Yeah, yes, okay, okay, he's cut off. He's a horrible friend.
Speaker 1: He missing my birthday trip it's one thing, but not wishing me a happy birthday is insane to me. Lastly, when he told me he could no longer come, I didn't cuss him out. I told him not to worry about it and try to get his money back for the flight.
Speaker 2: Okay, she needs a new gay best friend. Like I know, cow is hard to find, yes, but you need to find a cow. Yes, yeah, yes, he would not have done that to me, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that sucks so even so now more so knowing it's like he didn't want you for a happy birthday, didn't come on your birthday trip, and he left you kind of hanging holding the bag for his portion of the trip that you weren't anticipating.
Speaker 3: No him off. You don't need him anymore.
Speaker 1: He's horrible, he's tracked, selfish, Get him outy, he's trash.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I believe I will say.
Speaker 1: We did a pole Oh, we did a poll on Asia's shady situations.
Speaker 3: Okay, we asked stuff I don't even know.
Speaker 1: You know, is this reasonable? Is this a reasonable excuse? Or straight up shady for him? Like because of the four hundred dollars Yeah, and survey says eighty seven percent people say it's shady.
Speaker 3: It's shady.
Speaker 1: Gina JJ says shady. She's got to run for.
Speaker 3: Her life, Run by your life, run by your life.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, cocoa she eight says, or co coco Chick I don't know, says so shady. I'm so grateful for my real friends. We are also great travel friends. Yes, Oh my god, finding a travel friend is so hard. I thought I had travel friends, but no, I was mistaken.
Speaker 3: So speaking of Run for Your Life.
Speaker 2: So recently a civil rights icon. Yeah, legend, Hazel Duke's do you know what I'm talking about. No, Hazel Dukes used to work for, not work for, but she was on the board of the NAACP. She I think at one point was chairman of the board. She is a New York legend. She recently. When I used to work for the NAACP national headquarters, I don't know, thirty years ago, I felt like Hazel was old then.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, Hazel just passed away last week.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, she must have been a delta because I saw the sorority like mentioning that she passed away, and I was like, I don't know who she is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, she she if you were like grassroots civil rights.
Speaker 3: You know Hazel?
Speaker 2: Okay, so, and she she's like everybody's auntie. Like I saw her recently. I went to I was in New York with she was in at the She was a part of Links in New York, like though, I guess the Manhattan chapter. And I went to one of their events and she was there and I was so excited and I rolled up on her and she was.
Speaker 1: Like, baby, I love you. Oh my God, I'm so proud of you, baby, I love you. So.
Speaker 2: Hazel was one of those people that like if you if she loved you, she loved you, she rode for you, she would cust people out for you. If she did not like you, you had to run for your life. Okay, just like totally forget out of here. If she did not like you, everyone knew. Okay, but I just want to give her a shout out because she's she was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it's a big loss those you know, we the people who were like in the thick of the things in the civil rights movement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they did their big one. Yeah for real, No, they did they they fought the fight. Yes, yeah, they did their big one. Okay.
Speaker 1: Another poll results, Giselle, the people are not with you. What happened when they turned seventy five?
Speaker 3: They're not that man.
Speaker 1: Cannot do whatever you want? Okay, whatever they want? They said that would be a never. Sixty sixty seven percent said never.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 1: Okay, but at what age should you stop caring about your partner shenanigans? He said never, never, never.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thirty three percent said seventy five. Yeah, that's about right. Yes, that's not about right, So I want to check back in with you. Oh, okay in twenty three ish years. However, however long I don't know, you know, to see like where you are with that?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I think Okay. How old is your mom?
Speaker 1: Seventies something, upper seventies? Okay, yeah, So do you think today if your mom had a man, that she would be like, you know.
Speaker 3: What you're doing? That's a good question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prob I don't know, right, I don't know. Okay, let's take let's take your parents, right, they've been together for cease is different because your parents have been together forever fifty years. So at this point, Gladys is like, I don't give a damn what you do.
Speaker 3: Okay, they've been together for and my dad is ten years older, so much care? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know this to be true, but I could only imagine she does not care.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 2: I'll ask her, Yes, let's get let's get mom involved to ask her, because if it's if my mother, if it's my mom, then I would assume that this is not like, this is not a fifty year relationship, this is maybe a five right, So she cares?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so I'm you know, I can't speak for my mom, but ten years apart, he's eighty six.
Speaker 3: Now do you think she cares what it's eighty six year old man is doing? Right? What if he walks into seven eleven and pinches somebody's butt? Does she care? I do not care. I'll ask her, Yeah, I'll ask her. I'll definitely ask her because I mean I can't see him.
Speaker 2: She probably doesn't care because it's like what trouble can your father really get into?
Speaker 3: Right? Zero? Yeah? Okay, maybe a little.
Speaker 1: I mean you never know, like you never know, but I think I think okay, if you have of if if you still have to do like the wifely things and then they're out there doing what they want, then you might care. You might be like I'm over here doing the wifely things, yes, and you're out here doing what you want?
Speaker 3: Like, no, that doesn't work right? True?
Speaker 2: Okay, So when when do they get like a birthday pass? Oh, like a hall pass, like a birthday hall pass? Is that what it's called hall past?
Speaker 3: Hall pass? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like people some people do that anyway. Yeah, I mean I don't know, No, I'm just saying, like I've.
Speaker 3: Heard they do they have the Hall past?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I feel like I have heard of couples, like you know, young couples, Yes, giving hall.
Speaker 3: Passes for like a birthday for like like you know, have at it. I don't know. Yeah, you guys, let us know. Have you given your partner or hall pass before? And how did that work out? Yes? Good question? Okay, another one.
Speaker 1: So remember we talked to about our dinner issue in La.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yes, and after wait a minute, after I've read everything and we talked it through, everybody's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, it's just a communication issue. No, sixty four percent said that you were shady.
Speaker 1: No, okay, hell, I hate all of y'all. I hate all of y'all. Everybody likes you better than me. I hate everybody.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So let's be clear. This is what I forgot to mention during that whole scenario. You said it's gonna take me forty minutes to get there. I'll see you at home. Yes, when you know that if we go out, if I'm out with Ashley or you, we're sitting there for thirty hours. This is not an hour or two hour thing, so you could be and you're listen, listen, had you got into the Uber, then you're normally forty minutes late anyway, this that would have been your normal robins late.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that is the truth, Ruth. You can't. Oh you're trying to deny. I'm not denying it. I just I don't now now. No, I did not know where you were.
Speaker 1: Because also, who's to say I was like ready to leave at that moment? Probably that was That was more. That was more so the thing like I'm forty minutes away and I'm not necessarily ready to walk out the door.
Speaker 3: I get that, But so that gives you an hour you're normally an hour late. I don't want to be an hour late.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that's fine, But but where because because I still have to travel forty minutes and then I'm an hour late, and then y'all are finishing up your meal and I gotta drive Rybing.
Speaker 3: We stayed there for three hours. We was there all night. Oh well, you didn't say that. That's normal. That is our normal what we do, Okay, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're not going to argue over these people anyway, now, but I'm mad now that y'all in sixty four percent said I was being shady.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that it was shady.
Speaker 2: Why why What would I gain for being shady from that?
Speaker 3: What would I gain here? Like? Nothing? It's not about you gaining. It just was shady. Okay.
Speaker 2: I would rather have seen you than not seen you. So make that makes sense. People get that poll together. People, Oh my god, okay, all right, as I know any other pole.
Speaker 3: No, no, okay.
Speaker 1: So we got another letter. This is from John Reid. He says, happy Woman's History Month.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's March, right, Yeah, and we didn't do anything to celebrate.
Speaker 3: We sure didn't.
Speaker 1: Damn no, we didn't. We got a love to celebrate in March, he said Giselle, I was watching Beauty in Black the character Mallory, and I first thought it was you when I saw it.
Speaker 3: When I saw the.
Speaker 1: Character Mallory, I first thought it was you. Okay, So what Beauty and Black is. It's it's on Netflix. I haven't watched it. It's a Tyler Perry show. It's very I haven't watched it, but I get a lot of mixed I see a lot of mixed feelings on it. So it almost makes me curious to watch it. What do you mean, Oh, people tell you that they don't like it or they like it.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, people either like love it or hate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think it's I don't know, so I'm kind of, you know, maybe just a little bit curious to watch it.
Speaker 3: So the actress's name is Crystal Start. Let's look her up.
Speaker 1: So let's look her up, he says. I agree, Tyler should give Tyler Perry should give you a part on the show. Yes, Tyler, y'all could play sisters. Oh, me and this girl could play sisters. Yeah, I mean, I just want to be you know, Tyler is.
Speaker 3: She's pretty. She's pretty.
Speaker 2: I don't see Giselle. I don't see me either, but she's pretty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see. I don't know. She looks more like Stacy from your show. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, she has like light eyes, yes, but they're like Hazel e. Okay, I don't know. Okay, anyway, she looks like more like Pat Southall. Oh, I think the Emmitt Smiths waye. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah okay. So anyway, Crystal Start Gazelle should be on a Tyler Perry show. And play her sister player sister.
Speaker 3: I love you to Robin.
Speaker 1: I stopped watching Traders when you got eliminated. You guys are amazing. Have forgotten me past some depressing days. You always keep me laughing, never change.
Speaker 3: You'll love you.
Speaker 1: Biff Love Gate Love John aka a gay reasonably shade sterf love that.
Speaker 3: So did the Traders reunion come out? Yeah? Yeah, they aired it on the same day as the finale. Oh okay, all right, was it? Should I go see it? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't see it, Robie, you're supposed to say you saw it. Let's just pretend like you saw it, Okay, you just I'm gonna be like, yeah, did they do they send it to you?
Speaker 3: No, we just watch it when it drops on Peacock. Isn't that rude?
Speaker 1: No? Like, why do we need to see it in advance because we're not doing like you're not talking about it, right, Yeah, we do our press. So when you do your press for it after you're like eliminated from the show. Oh, so you don't need to see it, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So you like see it on a so you're eliminated, and then you might you might do your press like the next day day, So like the show would air on a Thursday and then you have like media interviews lined up Friday.
Speaker 3: May Monday, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so nobody, but you do need to watch it in order to know what to talk about, well for the for your press, no, for your press.
Speaker 3: Ye, yeah, you should watch it. I mean, well, but you also know your experience, you know why you were.
Speaker 2: Totally But just like Housewives, like you don't know what's edited, you don't know what's kept's you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the editing on here is not on Traders, is not as like you don't need the context, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like you either were like murdered or you weren't or banish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you really don't need the context even though there is you know, tons of editing on this show as well, like the because there's so many people, you can't clearly can't show everything. It just.
Speaker 3: It's it's like there's not that much much that's debatable.
Speaker 1: Where on Housewives, I feel like the editing is intentionally made to be debatable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know a lot of debates there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like stuff is intentionally left out, so you need to see, Okay, well what they leave out that I can't talk about that.
Speaker 3: I have to, like I got a roll with this story that we're like it didn't happen. Yeah, yeah, I just saw this post. He says.
Speaker 1: Shannon Sharp brushes his teeth seven to ten times a day. Shannon Sharp is a former football player.
Speaker 3: He's like a current.
Speaker 1: Sports podcaster and sports commentator. Analyst says he brushes his teeth seven to ten times a day and that's why his teeth are so white.
Speaker 3: He uses a tube of toothpaste per week to keep his iconic smile.
Speaker 2: That I don't believe any of that. I don't believe that at all.
Speaker 3: You can't brush teese sven times. You need the enamel right, and you're going to like erode your gums. Yeah. So if he's doing that, that he's an idiot. But that's not shocking. So is he trying to deflect or deny that he has been ears? Right at that part? You know what I mean? Like you have ears right, like zoom in. Yeah, I don't need to like you. He has been ears.
Speaker 1: Like all of his teeth are the same exact shape inside, you know what I mean, Like they're like perfect. So, but that's really bad for.
Speaker 3: Brushing your teeth ten times a day. He does not.
Speaker 2: It's horrible for your gums and you're en animal. Yeah, but or he could be putting a lot of stuff in his mouth. I can't want to be quiet, so I, by the way, speaking of stephen A, I mean speaking of what's his name, Shannon stephen A and the whole Lebron debacle. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I enjoyed every second of that. That was Real Housewives.
Speaker 1: What yeah, Lebron turned into a housewife Lebron stephen saying, I gotta get stumped it off my chest.
Speaker 2: I get something off my chest and walked over and said what he said, don't you keep my son's name?
Speaker 3: Joe Mouth is Lebron auditioning for Beverly The Real Housewives of.
Speaker 1: That definitely was some housewivesuf because it's like Lebron, like, this is stephen A's job, and you know it's his job, stephen A's job to talk about sports, all encompassing. If you didn't know your son is playing sports, yes, he's playing a sport.
Speaker 3: On a team you put him on. Yes, okay, so so you.
Speaker 2: And stephen A didn't even talk about your son. He actually talked about you right, So you you made the punk move of punk moves in my mind talking about.
Speaker 3: Like it was like a tantrum. Yeah, he had a housewife tantrum. Yeah yeah, he like it was like it was so funny to me.
Speaker 1: It was funny because it's like, okay, you now you literally gave stephen A like not ammunition, but you like validated him. Yes, you know to say like like what you say matters to me like that that I'm first of all paying attention to what you say, stephen A, and what you're saying is getting to me. Yeah, and now if I'm Steven A, I'm going to troll him in the rest of my life troll.
Speaker 3: And he did.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, I'm not Shannon Sharp. I don't you're the goat. I think Michael Jordan is the goat. Like because apparently that's what the that the real beef is. Apparently that's where it stems that Steven doesn't really like kiss his ass like that, but.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's what he's there for.
Speaker 1: His job. And then the things like I know, so when people get upset at stephen A, like I don't because I'm like, that's his job. His job is to create debate. It's for it's to you know, make people upset, make them talk about what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: It's entertainment purposes, only talking saying controversial ship, crazy ship, it's housewives one on one. Yes, it's it's amazing. Yes.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I got one more thing I want to leave on a positive note.
Speaker 3: Positive. No, I haven't done this.
Speaker 1: You're that birthday girl, okay, but this is this is something that I saw and I thought, this is like such a good idea.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Instead, in this I see on Earn your Leisure, the hey guys, the guys to talk about money. They say, instead of giving gifts at a baby shower, we should give stocks.
Speaker 3: And I love that idea.
Speaker 1: I think that is a fantastic idea, especially when somebody is like a second baby shower, like you''t need no more baby stock, but that just happened.
Speaker 3: Did you give stock?
Speaker 1: No? I just know I just recently saw this and I was like, this is an awesome idea. And so for anyone who is having a baby or has a you know, a grandchild coming into the world or whatever, like maybe maybe instead of sending out a.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could do balls. Because I know a lot of people.
Speaker 1: You still do need all of that stuff, all the gear for the you know that you put on a registry and stuff. But maybe also say hey, if you all could buy stock in this index fund or whatever e TF I think that's what it's called. They can have my target stock because I didn't get rid of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Really, yeah, that's so funny. It'll go back.
Speaker 1: But I think that's a fantastic idea. That's something I'm definitely gonna start. I don't know, well, I'm not having any babies, but like you might, MOSTI buy that is yeah. But or even birthday or even on people's birthdays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I gotta buy you some stock today. Yay? What in video? Please? Invidia please? I'm still on the Nvidia train, are you? I got on it because of you? Yeah, okay, all right, dang, Robin just told me what she wants for her Yeah.
Speaker 1: But even for birthday, that's a good thing. Like even for your your birthdays. It's like, oh, you know, celebrate my birthday if you want to buy me some stock whatever.
Speaker 3: I think that's a fantastic I do.
Speaker 2: I think so too, So everybody get on it. Robin has said what stock she wants, and I don't know how they're gonna send you this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that's something like how do you buy somebody stock?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but they need to figure it out. Maybe we should ask to earn your leisure boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you probably have to like open an account and tell the people this is my account number. So like you're sending out a baby shower invite, it's like, here's the account number. Yeah, to purchase the stock.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's another question. We'll figure that out. But but I think definitely if people were to do that starting a you know, birth, that you could really help people grow some a lot of money, some some coins. So I want you to have a wonderful birthday. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm very happy that you were born. I think that this year coming up this another year around the sun? Another is that a do you go around the sun or the moon? We go around the sun, the moon goes around the Earth. Yes, so you're another trip around the sun. Yes, it's gonna be fantastic for you. I wish you nothing but happiness, joy and blessings.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I appreciate that. And that is our episode. We love y'all so much. It's Robin's birthday.
Speaker 2: Don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable oh.
Speaker 3: It's shape, or both.
Speaker 2: By Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady