Speaker 1: Yo, what's up? Everybody's the one and only t K.
Speaker 2: Kirkland.
Speaker 1: Check me on the Bootleg Care podcast.
Speaker 2: You know, he's the one in the original.
Speaker 1: Blutlet Cap podcast. Special guest here.
Speaker 2: T K.
Speaker 1: Kirkland.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, he's back. TK. I gotta tell you.
Speaker 3: I went and saw you at the Ice House and it's the first time I saw your stand up live in person.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my god, it was just just amazing. Thank you so much. I appreciate you, mo.
Speaker 1: Man. It was good to see the laughing too. I was dying and I finally saw the significant other and I see why you married beautiful young lady.
Speaker 3: And then you know, it's funny because if you take your lady or your significant other to a TK show.
Speaker 1: You're gonna laugh and your girl might look at you like, that's so true, that's so true. He's so right, It's so right. Yeah, but I'm glad that you came out.
Speaker 2: It was really good. Look for surely appreciate that.
Speaker 3: It's crazy too, man, because I feel like more than ever comedy, everyone's.
Speaker 2: Talking about comedy. Isn't that a great thing?
Speaker 1: Shout out to Cat Williams and love Shout out the cat for bringing coming to the forefront of entertainment. And if you've been around a long time, you know you're going to get ten minutes in this game. So you got to capitalize off this because next week it'll be something else.
Speaker 2: Yep, for sure, next week something he's had a choke hold.
Speaker 1: The first couple of weeks, a couple of weeks after New Year, you know, Puffy happy you Uffy's happy, Yeah, because we're not talking about him no more. A lot of people are happy, yeah, everybody. Nobody's happy, yeah, Joe, but everybody's talking about something else.
Speaker 3: So it's it's it's a good moment now for sure. When you saw the interview, because I don't know if you watched all of it, because I didn't watch any of it.
Speaker 1: So what I did was I talked to different people, and I saw different clips, and I was able to segue and put my own to lots two and a half hours to that. So I did my own thing on it. But when at first I had one opinion, what was that first to other opinion was I felt I didn't like Shannon shop allowing Kat to talk about everybody because as a man, I felt like, yo, we don't do that on this show, he's supposed to stop him.
Speaker 2: As a man.
Speaker 1: That's how I moved, But then someone told me no, te those people went on those shows prior to him coming.
Speaker 2: Which is almost why he wanted to go.
Speaker 1: On exactly, and they talked about him, and that's what it started.
Speaker 2: So then they got what they deserved. Yeah, it was kind of like fair game at yeah point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And I'm here to defend myself and retort everything that I've been said on the same platform. So when I saw that, I respected that and I left it that way.
Speaker 3: How much of what Kat was saying, would you say, is you know, entertainment inflated?
Speaker 2: And how much of it?
Speaker 3: Because I feel like that there was there was enough truth in there for people to get to talking. I feel like there was also certain stuff, like I would.
Speaker 1: Say ninety nine percent, well if it was inflated, right, especially the running the running the forty eight, because I think I talked about it on the stay talking about it because what I used to run track, right, I used to run track like you know, and and if people don't know something, well you run the track at seasign out here, I sure was, Yeah, and I was on my way to the Olympic trials when I was out here. Wow, And the thing about track and people don't know it. You believe almost anything. And I tell people Cat said he could run a four to four at fifty years old. And I said, Deion Sanders, who was one of the fastest peop in the world, ran a four to one when he was twenty something years old, right, And Cat said he ran that fast with sweats on as a fifty year old man. As a fifty old man, you just don't add up. So I put twenty thousand on the bed out there the race, Cat, Now, it's not going to be a fast race, but you'll win. I'll win. It's not gonna be a fast race. If people are saying four to four is fast, me and Cat literally we can probably run a forty your dash and seven seven six ' nine, maybe seven to three several. That's my prediction. And you haven't a good with the expert. So I don't know here because I'm sixty three years old. So in sixty three you're not running a four something. It's impossible. Or at fifty or fifty I'm not sure you sained Bolt. Maybe when you say boats fifty maybe maybe maybe maybe, Yeah, it's fifty six years old.
Speaker 2: You ain't run an fs.
Speaker 3: Talk about a few of the things you were saying on stage that I was that I one of the things I wanted to talk to you about because something that i'd heard. I've been hearing a lot more people who are more I guess, financially literate than me. Okay, talk about how to leverage life insurance?
Speaker 2: Good question, ma, man. Well, the insurance game.
Speaker 3: Is really because I'm very confused about it, but I've heard it so many times and people who I know they're like, yeah, you know, you can get tax free money.
Speaker 1: Like so it's a lot of levels of the tax right. So let's take whole life insurance. Whole life insurance. If you created a policy, you call you whoever your agent is, your stay farm, and you say, hey, I want to open up a whole life insurance policy. Let's just take a hundred thousand, you put one hundred thousand in and over of course the time that money will grow so fast that you become your own bank. So let's say now you want to get a hundred thousand, and so you got two eighty thousand, but you want to take seventy five thousand out to buy car, put business and business whatever. You can do that and they won't tax you on the money. What they do is you'll still pay what you're paying on that policy, but when you die it comes out, they take it off the top. Oh so you're almost like borrowing from yourself after you die, exactly, but it's tax free exactly. That's whole life insurance and they and these are things I think they should teach you school.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, because at any given time, if an emergency happens, or you have a business opportunity present itself, and you might think to yourself, well I don't have it.
Speaker 2: You don't have it. But if you had this.
Speaker 3: So let's say you get one hundred thousand dollars insurance policy life insurance policy and.
Speaker 1: You want to take five thousand hours ten thousand, you don't have to pay that back. They they'll take it when you when you die, as long as you keep paying your powerty. You got to keep paying the policy. Ye, you got people came in the policy. But you can do that. Do people like can you have multiple multiple life insurance pops?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Some of you like Derek Jeter has the policy on everybody and his family.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like, I feel like when you hear that out loud, it sounds bad as bad why.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, But it's smart. And people are afraid to take that insurance good, especially some men. If your wife or a daughters and dad, we should take out insurance. Some people say no because you don't want to make the other person rich. You don't want the other person. That's the mindset of most people. But in the actuality, people afraid to create a legacy have to have a legacy to and that's one of the best ways insurance to do that if you have, But then structure it too, because when you get free money, you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna run through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think that that's that's why most people they turn eighteen, they get a credit card.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: If you leave anybody any money and they didn't work for it, unless they have true discipline or very very frugal, they running through it, yo, because they never had that kind of money at one time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because I know some people will set up like a trust to pay out your family once you're right, yeah, you're a certain amount, or you got to do something like you got to go to school, you got to get a degree, and you're going to get this payment exactly.
Speaker 1: You have to structure it. But I know people that got millions and ran through it in a couple of years.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: One of my female friends and she inherited one point two million less than a year and a half. It was going, you know how. He answer was, I had a good time.
Speaker 2: But now what exactly?
Speaker 1: And I'm glad you brought that up because the world needs to hear this, you know. And then you got a thing called term life insurance. And term life insurance is like about nine years, you know, but you pay on it every month. It's protection you want to be. You want no man should be walking the street without some sort of insurance just in case you die. You don't want to put that burden on your family, you know. So you have term life insurance. But the clever thing about term life insurance is after nine years, they give you every dime back of like a saving's account, and that's called surrender you. They'll send you something in the mail because you're alive. Yeah, they have, they have.
Speaker 2: They send us in the mails that you could surrender your account. And then sending.
Speaker 1: You could fill out the farms, they send you back all that money every time.
Speaker 2: Can you borrow against the term?
Speaker 3: But that's just something that is instead of you putting does it grow in.
Speaker 1: That it doesn't grow, but you're protective. But imagine years, nine years you put.
Speaker 2: Something in there.
Speaker 3: And also that money isn't it's yours. If you don't die, you're getting it back.
Speaker 1: Yes, and if you don't want to be insured anymore.
Speaker 3: Right, So let's say six years in you're like, you know what, I'm good, I need my money back.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that can't won't do it that well, Ok, they'll tell you when it's time to serve. They want you to serve into you account. You can't tell them. You can't say I got this money here. It's not a bad idea to do a version of both.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yes.
Speaker 1: So the insurance thing, and you want to have burial insurance is that for when you pass? Yes, because it's one thing. There's life assurance and you get Bury insurance. Bury insurance is strictly for the funeral, right, but then you let the people you love. You could take that or you could take the money out of the life insurance policy and pay for the burial. My kids is all set up, you know, I got my stuff.
Speaker 2: That one. I'm not having the funeral, so I'm getting cremated. Boom.
Speaker 1: I don't want to even a service. So you've already thought about all that. Yeah, mostly the our people don't know your grandparents. At least people I know have their whole funeral and everything se that.
Speaker 2: So for you, you'd rather be premated and then have your bread.
Speaker 1: Is either either cremation or I want my I want my ashes to become a tree. Oh yeah, or you put my whole body.
Speaker 2: In the ground. And this this thing.
Speaker 1: I forgot what my daughter said, and I could grow as a tree. And if you're in a certain place. So I'm gonna do something unique and different.
Speaker 3: But I feel like a funeral is like a vain thing to think about having because you're not there.
Speaker 2: You're not there.
Speaker 1: But you know who did it the best in my lifetime, Queen Elizabeth m hmm. It was on TV. Yeah, you saw how heffy you know it was. Did you even look at it?
Speaker 2: I saw some of it. Listen to me.
Speaker 1: It was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life. It was masterful.
Speaker 3: I think that funerals help families grieve. That's true because it brings everyone together, and you know it helps.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you how I look at it. I lost my mother, my dad, all my brothers who I was forty. I've been to so many funeral as you to drive your head crazy as I've gone through life. You know, people invest in a lot of things, right, People invest in gasoline, tesla, stock and all that. I want people to invest in their time. Time is the most precious commodity that you have that's taking for granted. Sure, and when I passed, I'm giving the world a gift. What I'm saying to you, don't come to my feral this time that you have. Continue doing what you're doing. Just take a moment to say T to the MFK and keep it moving because I don't. I'm not saying that I want to waste your time. I just understand how powerful time is. And that's my gift to the people. I want them to really take their time seriously because could you imagine everybody.
Speaker 2: Had a dollar for it all.
Speaker 3: The time that they wasted it is crazy and the amount of things that we can waste our time on now is greater than ever.
Speaker 1: Yes, Because there's a terminology most people don't use called time wasters. We all have met them people in our life wasting your time, and we always met somebody that was a time waster.
Speaker 3: It's crazy someone who doesn't respect your Yes, yeah, it happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a few of those people.
Speaker 1: So when I do business on the phone, what I do is for someone who someone is talking to me about doing a show. Yo, before we hang up the phone, you gotta send me two to five thousand dollars. That way I know you're serious. You're not getting off the phone with me, and I picked up that call and you going about your business. You decide you're going to do something else because you wasted my time. And it also makes sure that when people reach out to me, they are prepared. What it is a lot of men, a lot of people don't know they're not prepared. When they call you, they'll say, oh, i'm thinking about No, I'm not the person you think about. When you called me, you should have been known what you're doing. We're doing this, we're not doing Yeah, yeah, don't play with me. Do your homework and then call me right then, do your homework. Didn't call me. Yeah, I'm too busy and I stay booked.
Speaker 3: Well, I was going to say, you mentioned this on stage. Obviously you did the ice House for the first time ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first time ever, which it's a legendary comedy venue. It's been opened sixty some odd years.
Speaker 3: But you were kind of you gave us a peek a bit into like the business side of your deal. You get a ninety you get ninety percent.
Speaker 2: Of the door.
Speaker 3: I get ninety, which I think because coming from the music world, we just think of an artist. They get booked, they get their money, they get their back end, then they leave however the show does. However the show does. But you you're structuring it to where you're the promoter.
Speaker 2: I'm actually the promoter.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I'll put up the money.
Speaker 3: Hey, their venue is going to make their ten percent, and then they're going to make their food and their liquor and all that.
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly. But you're going to be able to get your ticket, be able to get my money back that I spent to put in for advertising. And I've always been that way. So when I see is that pretty common?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, most honest feel I think in the music industry, you got to have an agent because the book and venue. But in comedy you need people to help you. It's just that me. You know, me and my son. You know how we move. So I'm just a guy who over the years made relationships.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can call most of these club owners at this point, oh yeah, easily.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what I do. And I booked myself years in advance, like literally right now, I'm booked for the next ten years. That's crazy, that's insane. I've been like that my whole career. I always always got to know what I'm doing next year.
Speaker 3: I feel like watching you because I feel like we get so much of you through podcasts. Yes, but I feel like you have to have a special on Netflix. So it's coming because by watching you, brother, like I've seen everybody live. I'm a comedy nerd, so I'll go to the store and if one of my if a comedians in town that I like, I'll pay and I'll go watch it right now. But watching you live, I was like, Yo, this is like as much as it's hilarious, and I'm crying out of my eyes, I like left with like, I like how you you finished? But then you said, everyone hang out for another ten minutes so I can give you guys some game, cause you exactly you would hit your liker your last joke, but you were like, we're gonna hang out. But it was very much like kind of like it was like it was like a mixture of like, you know, life coaching and a stand up and I.
Speaker 2: Love that feeling.
Speaker 1: And when anybody sees me, that's exactly what they take. My high school coach, who loves everybody from Red Fox down to Daves Chappelle, he said, he saw my who raised you special? He said, TK, I've seen them all. There's nobody like you. So I took the long round. Since I'm I'm doing Netflix because of people like yourself and them Spin. I have my own network or tk dot network, and I have my own specual. I don't have Many's Kat Williams, but I have my own specials. Then my own thing did very very well, and I'm gonna I'm gonna do Netflix and I'm working on it now.
Speaker 2: Like my deal with Live Nation is set up.
Speaker 1: Told me to do my Netflix special and when I do my netflace, I'm going to do something really unique.
Speaker 2: My goal now is to.
Speaker 1: I never did any of ice cubes movies, but I want ice Cube the direct mom because I started with n Wa. I want to use Baby because he took me on the Cash Money rough Rider Tour. I want to use Doctor Dre as one of the producers. I'm going to give all them a check because I came up through hip hop. I didn't come up like the Chris Rocks and the Kevin's. You were working out on stage in front of a hip hop crowd, right, I was in front of a hip hop crowd twenty thousand and thirty thousand in the nineties when we was at when hip hop was at the top of the game. And when I do this Netflix special, I wanted to be so unique. It's so amazing that it has the same effect of what you just said that when you lead there or when you watch it, you go, what did I just witness? And I don't have to do nothing special. All I gotta do is just be me and that's what's going to come across.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy too, because I feel like nowadays more people are trying to do comedy than ever because it's so easy to get access to Like I could do a bit and it might not work if I'm doing it at an open mic, but if I record it and I make it reel out of it with captions, it might work online, which is happening a lot. But I feel like the number one thing is the same thing with music is the stage presence, your delivery. Like you had a guy open for you who I thought was okay, but the host that was hosting your show was so good. Yes, And what was different about him than the other guy was I just felt like the presence of like like he could have said anything, I would have laughed.
Speaker 2: Right, That makes sense, right, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, he was hilarious.
Speaker 3: Delivery presence, but like to me, that's kind of like for you, it's like like you command that stage man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's and that's one thing I do know I have I have on what they call stage for Yeah, yeah, I definitely have that. So I love it coming through this week doing the different clubs and having everybody come up to see me a true blessing. And because the less since the last time I seen you, I have skyrocketed on the intermedia game social media. It's a whole other level and I just really found my niche and just really waking up in the morning giving my opinion on something. Right now, I've seen you post like you have your quotes and have my quotes, and man, it just really takes off. But in actuality, I'm just you know me for a while, I'm just really just being me, and people find that fascinating. So I'm just gonna run with and see what it does.
Speaker 3: You said something, uh that was this a true story where you said you were you were taking care of a young lady. She had a place was it in Chicago?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And you showed up and you were cracking jokes and some dudes laughing under the bed.
Speaker 1: Here's the here's a great thing about those type of jokes. Yeah, it's like a magician who can't tell the secret to magic. That makes sense, you know what I mean? So I want people to leave.
Speaker 2: Is that true? Right? Or is that a real joke?
Speaker 1: But then say, you got to really be clever to come up with something like that, So good, Yes, think.
Speaker 3: You talk to me about where like like, do you even like pay attention to other stand up like if Dave if Dave Chappelle drops a special what she dropped on New year's did.
Speaker 2: You check it out?
Speaker 1: And I didn't check it out. I know he's funny. I catch Dave and most comedians and bits and pieces, but I always had this rule, never watch another comic perform because when they're good, you're going to actually take something that without even thinking about it.
Speaker 2: I don't even think sub conscious.
Speaker 1: So when I see comedians watching me, it hurts because they don't know the rule, because I know my stuff is funny, and if you watch me, I know you're going to take something to mind, flip it and break it down as much as possible.
Speaker 2: But you got it from me.
Speaker 1: I know you had said before that you've had some bits stolen ish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I had.
Speaker 1: In my days, of younger days, I used to do a thing called things Questions, series of questions matter of fact we had we've been trying to find it. I did it on the Apollo, I did it everywhere, and it was a series of questions. I go, why a lucky child so magically delicious? And where is the honeycomb hide out? Is it downtown? And why do old people walk her early in the morning? Do they have somewhere to go? And it was like a series it got me. It got me a stand in elevation at the Apollo in New York City. So what I told people that our City Hall, all his staff they took that bit, flipped it and made it things that make you go hm mm hmm. And I told people that my foundation of that material went on to make people hundreds and hundred thousand dollars. And what I mean by that is our Cenal Hall did it. But if you google, there was a group called C and C Music Factory that did a song that things that make You Go. Then Crafts and Macaroni and Cheese also did a commercial and they used the cheese as it was melting and in the background the song was things that make You Go Home, saying that the macaroni and cheese was so delicious it.
Speaker 2: Would make you go.
Speaker 1: All that came from TK and I just never I just never checked about it. But I moved different than most people.
Speaker 2: For sure. For sure, you're not I mean, you're not petty. I'm not petty. Yeah, I'm not petty. Most of these guys are petty. Most of these guys are petty.
Speaker 1: There's a they ego driven.
Speaker 2: I don't really care about that. I did my thing.
Speaker 1: I'm working, and I've always been this way. I've never been petty. And I tell people that if someone steals your joke, actually called that person as a man and say, yo, you you're doing my bit, and let me tell you how it's exactly like mine. Oh, I saw you at my show and you saw me do that, which is even worse. He's even worse because now you're being disrespectful. But to actually go on air and say someone stole my joke because it's not their set. Well, we've seen people like really have their careers hit a wall because of the joke stealing. Yes, but let me tell you what I mean. I'm glad you're bringing this up. There's a difference between a set and a joke. Okay, your set is what you do for sixty minutes, right, That's that's your whole, that's your whole act. No one's stealing that, right. Someone stole a one minute joke. So if you had fifteen thousand in the bank, right, and someone stole one thousand dollars at that fifty, you're.
Speaker 2: Not gonna get rid of the rest the money. Right.
Speaker 1: So I can't tell another comic what he should be mad about my purpose of these interviews that I'm doing is to give people another way to see something. Okay, what is a joke? And people's like, oh, you stole this joking. It makes sense you stole this whole show. But in actually wality, you just stot a joke. You didn't steal the set. A joke don't make you.
Speaker 2: Your set makes you.
Speaker 3: Why don't you film your sets for social media like other comedians are doing.
Speaker 1: One is because I don't want other comics to see it. And two, there's magic on stage with me?
Speaker 2: There is? Do you agree? I agree? There's magic. Agree, And I don't want to.
Speaker 1: See it again because every time there's a new beginning. Every show that I do is a different show. And if you see one, if you see your set, guess what you're going to try to repeat that again. So I take what I do track and anything in life. When I ran track and I was good, just because I was good last week don't mean I'm be good this week. So I took that through my whole life. And just because I was funny when you saw me, that don't matter no more. Can I be funny tonight? But you gotta find different ways to say, whin if you had to be a boxer, right, if you're a boxer, you know you could beat this person. But you know what, today, I'm tired. I can't deliver that same energy. Well, the audience is different. But if you still find a way to be clever, still find a way to be funny, entertaining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, work in the crowd, the crowd sitting in front. You were clowning on these guys in the front road.
Speaker 2: The young was hilarious. God, it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: And as long as the people walk out entertained.
Speaker 2: You were hilarious.
Speaker 3: So I think the other end of that is, or the other side of that coin is if I saw you do what you did to those kids, yes, they were sitting in the front row, that there was three single young men. If I saw that on TikTok or on Instagram and I didn't know who you were, I'd be like, yo, I need to follow this guy. That was great, and then I might be inclined to go see you live.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, because there are some comedians who do the crowd work and they showld that, but when you go see him, they're not that funny because that's not the same situation. That's going to happen that night. True, because the crowd is always going to be different.
Speaker 2: It's always going to be different because.
Speaker 1: Like you see, like have you heard of Matt Rife?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't.
Speaker 3: So Matt Rife he's doing like he's had a very insane come up the last twelve months. So he has he has a Netflix special, but he blew up off of his crowd work bits going viral on his Instagram.
Speaker 1: And he's a good looking young Okay, oh I know somebody used to manage him. Okay, yeah, you just talking about him last time looking young guy.
Speaker 3: But he's very much new and I mean it's a meteoric kind of rise in the comedy where I've heard other comedians talk about it like, you know, like it's kind of unparalleled how fast he's come up. Yes, because he didn't have to go through the bumps and bruises, you know, perform for ten people.
Speaker 1: Right, and before you even tell me what happens, I can tell you what how his career is. When you watch him, I bet you he's not that funny. Well it'saw u standable. It was it was it was okay, yeah, it was mediocre because not that he won't be funny, right, he hasn't put the time, and it's the time. To be a great comic, you need years of experience. You have to experience life. You have to go through things. That's why when you saw Richard Pryor, he talked about his drugs, his situation. What made it funny because he was living life. If you're twenty something years old, you ain't lived, right. You talk about sneakers and condoms maybe and smoking a little weed, but you haven't lived.
Speaker 2: And when you have lived and you.
Speaker 1: Have experience to experience, that's the experience.
Speaker 2: It keeps you more material.
Speaker 3: It's almost like if you're once you're a rapper, It's like once you hit a certain level of success, it gets harder and harder to draw inspiration to make music that is relatable to that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, because you're older now and rapping, believe it or not, is a young kids game.
Speaker 3: It's almost like when jay Z did four four four, it was like, oh shit, right, he made like an album for like a forty year old motherfucker, who right, doing grown man, which is hard to do and it be accepted.
Speaker 2: Yep, Yeah, it's so true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's how that the game is. But it's good to see when I started in nineteen eighty five, it's good to see so many different ways you can make it in this business, like the gentleman you talking about, or for CrowdWork.
Speaker 2: It's also great to see that.
Speaker 1: The audience, the fans, are starting to tell what is a gimmick? Mmm.
Speaker 2: I feel like the gimmicks are going away. It's about the It's about the jokes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about quality because they're getting tired of being played that. I saw you on TikTok. He was hilarious, and I come to your show. I spent one hundred seventy five dollars two hundred dollars and I didn't get what I wanted out of your show. It's like fifty fifty cent is going these world tours. I know, these young rappers came canceling, got a and canceling it.
Speaker 3: I saw I went to the fifty tour and I was like, you know, I've been to shows that were better. I've been to shows that I understand as a younger man, you know, as a younger hip hop fan. But I don't remember a show in the last ten years that I was more just I just had such a good time.
Speaker 2: Wow, because I was like, he gives a great show, fifty.
Speaker 1: Is an amazing performer, and he's like, we don't We're like like that era, we don't get to see those guys tour.
Speaker 2: Right, that's so true anymore? Right, yeap.
Speaker 3: So it's like, you know, to get a fifty cent tour where he's doing Get Richard, I trying and it's just like it just took me back. It was like, you know, like we don't get those mega mega mega hip like you were talking about the cash money Reference store, like the days of that shit is like people were It's like, I feel like everything feels like a cash grab.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I totally agree. And that's sad.
Speaker 1: And even in the comedy world, it's a cash grab. People will come to your show, like I don't charge to take pictures after the show, and people will charge you all that money meet and Greek meet. Yeah, you charge them for meeting greet. That's a cash grab. And it's deeper than that. To me, it's deeping that I'm saying, thank you, let me shake.
Speaker 2: Your hand and I'll see you next time. I'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: I want to hold you, I want to hug you because I want you to come back, and I want you to know I appreciate you spending your hard earned money.
Speaker 2: To come see me.
Speaker 1: You had to go get a babysitter, you had to tell somebody you'll be back in a few hours, gonna go.
Speaker 2: See TK kirkle.
Speaker 1: I understand all that. I don't want to rob you like that. You know, I want to try you for my tickets, give you a great show and have them leave the same way. Be a memory, you take a picture exactly.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So that was it, and you were so genuine because you know, you could look someone in their eyes, and when you came out of the show, I just saw it in your face like you was truly plead for sure. Yeah, you know, and that's what I love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like I said, dude, I like going to the store sometimes because I'll be able to watch like ten guys, right, I'll be able to eat wings, have drinks right, right, maybe like three of the ten.
Speaker 1: I love you, yes, right, But to like sit down and just be like, oh shit, this I felt like I just went to church, right, Yeah I was. I get on it. I get on it, and like I said, I dropped the knowledge. Then you saw the fun, Then you saw the personality. Then you saw the appreciation, meaning shaking your hands after what saying thank you like a pastor.
Speaker 3: For sure, that's what it was. What would be the advice you would give. Let's say there's a stand up but just started. They're going to open mics, trying to improve their trying to improve the craft. You know, so it feels like a very very uphill battle to break through to actually kind of eventually make money.
Speaker 2: That's so true, you know, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: So I guess, I guess what for you would be the advice you would give, because it's this is not a sprint.
Speaker 1: No, you got to know who you are. And Paul Mooney said it best when I first started and I was asking questions just like that, and he said, TK, there's no substitute for experience. You got to put the work in. Forty years ago, this would it seemed like a lifetime, right, It's like a ten thousand hours thing exactly. You can't cheat the work. And then you if I could tell people, if you if you know how to handle your own business, try to handle your own money, try to book yourself if you come into some money and you're funny, start booking out your own venues and get as a team, and you could really sell your your own tickets and go to certain cities and book yourself. But people go, they get an agent and ages, some ages just robbing the kids.
Speaker 2: They don't understand it. You know.
Speaker 1: We talk about Taraji Henderson who is Henderson Henson? Yeah, and how she did a movie. The budget was one hundred and sixty seven million, but she only got one hundred and fifty thousand of a hundred. You ain't even in that business. But you know that ain't a fair deal. God's crazy, for sure. You know that anfair deal, especially when you are in the top three co stars. Has Cube ever tried to put you in something? Here's the thing about earlier, and I need people to know something. Q put a lot of people on tons, Chris Tucker, Kat Williams, Kat Williams, Mike Apps. But I want everybody to know that easy e in ice Q. I was their first comic, their first out of everybody, I was there first because they found me in nineteen eighty eight. These other kids, these other guys are fifteen, sixteen years old. They took me on the first torch straight out of Compton. The thing that I didn't do like most comedians, I didn't go Hollywood. I didn't want to audition. I didn't want to do TV. Everything I did, from Baller Blocking to New Jersey Drive to Ben Diesel's Moving Straights, I was invited to do. I was invited, got my money because that person truly wanted me. My philosophy was, I think it's difficult to go to do it audition. True, you know you're good for that part, but there's forty four thousand men going up for the same part you are going after, and you gotta take a chance to do that. I never had that kind of time. I came up as a hustler.
Speaker 3: Because you're shooting, You're really shooting shots, hoping one goes in. Eventually, let's to get apart.
Speaker 2: That's it and be great.
Speaker 1: But maybe this person had a bigger name than you, and that person was nowhere near your talent, but because of politics, they gave it to that person.
Speaker 2: Well, it's almost like when you were originally coming up, it was all about trying to get on.
Speaker 1: TV right right, If you commediate, if you can get a sitcom. I never want to do a sitcom. I had somebody approach me about doing the sitcom this weekend. Oh really, yeah, because you do not do this thing called homeowners association, you know.
Speaker 2: And they was like, you said, that's what you said.
Speaker 1: You said, I'm president of the homeowners association. And they said, t that's a great TV show.
Speaker 2: And it is. Though, it is a great TV show.
Speaker 1: But the thing about what I know, I understand reality blacks on TV is not the move. Really, it's hard to have all black show on ABC. Some of the best cvs the shows are back in the nineties, it was black was Anthony Anderson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very rare. Think about it for a second. That's very rare. I like Top Boy, Top Boys on that.
Speaker 1: Think what I'm about to tell you. We might get one black shell now.
Speaker 2: The Shy is good though, yeah on Showtime.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not a comedy though, no comedy, yeah, just about its comedy.
Speaker 3: I feel like those shows are I feel like unfortunately, like comedy sitcoms are just like dying, it's dyed.
Speaker 2: There's more.
Speaker 1: The reality TV shows have replaced sickcom and and it's cheaper to produce.
Speaker 2: Way cheaper. To produce.
Speaker 1: So everything now is cheaper to do, but the person's putting out the money is walking away with a lot more if they did a sitcom. I just never wanted to get caught up in bad negotiation. I never wanted to get caught up in not feeling I was getting paid my work.
Speaker 2: I have to prove something.
Speaker 1: TK do that and then we could get you.
Speaker 3: Now I'm already proven myself. Yeah, I'm not doing like my self. Worth isn't the weather or And I haven't.
Speaker 1: Really done TV and I got a little bit more paper than people that have done it. But I've done it myself. I cut out the middle man. It's like my man on American Gangster what's his name? You're talking about a friend, Zel Frank. You cut out the middle man. I've cut out the middle man.
Speaker 3: So but but this is the thing, right because I feel like the other way to look at it would be if you are if you can, if you can get a successful TV show. Again, that's a big if because most shows only last one to two seasons.
Speaker 2: Right, can't That's the thing.
Speaker 1: If you can, if you can the royalties, if you can get seven years, you got a cash cow for the rest of your life. The reruns are going to piss the reruns, right, but it's very especially now. Maybe in the nineties you had a better chance.
Speaker 2: Right now it's way harder. Now it's way hard. You got to kind of do more of a serious show or like a hybrid like drama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm going to try to do I got something that works with Tim's story.
Speaker 2: Tim story.
Speaker 1: We've done all the major movies back in the day, the a couple of Marvel movies, et cetera. He's a young brother that I met in Chicago be where he got famous, and as you know, I've met everybody.
Speaker 2: So he's one of my guys.
Speaker 1: And I caught his attention because of my Instagram and he said, TK, just like you, he said, the way you tell a story, your presence, He said, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta do something with you.
Speaker 1: So he's also on one of the guys that I might direct my special for Netflix because Cube was probably gonna turn it down, but.
Speaker 2: But you go out of respect.
Speaker 1: I just want to share that with them because before all this got too weird, it was.
Speaker 2: It was t K.
Speaker 1: Kirkland number one on the list in hip hop. That's what I wanted The world to know too, because I was the original hip hop comedian. When I started, there was nobody doing some tours.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, because you kind of paid the way for guys like Alex Thomas, who did.
Speaker 1: Exactly Yeah, and Alex is my man. You know, Alex came to when Alex started doing stand up comedy, he came to actually talk to me like I was that guy to talk to, and I explained to him and the rest is History's doing well and I love that I had something to do with that.
Speaker 2: What was it like being in baller Blocking, which is a hood classic?
Speaker 1: Obviously all the black was amazing and that all happened because of jay Z and Nelly. Yeah, because I was on the Hard Knock Life tour and that I left it. There was another tour that Nelly and then was doing. I was on that talk I got the name of it, and no, it was jay Z.
Speaker 2: It was jay Z. Yeah, it was Rocked.
Speaker 1: It was Rocked.
Speaker 2: We were in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: And Baby and them was there and Baby walked.
Speaker 2: Up to me.
Speaker 1: It was the Sprite Remix tour. Yeah, whatever, it was, the sp Remixed tour.
Speaker 2: It was Nelly and jay Z. It was I think it was the Sprite Tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nelly was on it. Jay Z was on it, I think, and I was the host of that too, and Baby walked up to me and you know how they took said whatever wall they Yeah, he said, listen, I'm doing this movie. Go ball of blocking and the rest is history. And I got to and enjoy his energy because he was either he had just came into a lot of money. He was shopping not for one person, he was shopping for fifteen twenty people shopping clothes.
Speaker 2: And I remember my homie was well.
Speaker 1: I remember at one time he bought four Bentley's at one time at one time. So he was so generous and in the in that era that I feel like before like scamming was popping to get four Bentley's is crazy, yo. And this is when Bentley's really rise came out. For sure, there was. It was truly a massive statement.
Speaker 2: You had a Bentley you could see it Bentley now rolling around out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then nineteen ninety eight nobody.
Speaker 2: Had Bentley's Nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're all in the I remember, like I said, we was hold in the car dealership and he's buying the cars. And you know, sometimes you don't look at someone. They might just be in a good mood and pick you. Yeah, so I told them home, you don't look at him.
Speaker 2: You might get us a car. Know what, mae get us a car?
Speaker 1: Well, you know it didn't happen, but it was hilarious. That's how generous baby is. So you know I can always say that about him. Uh.
Speaker 3: I appreciate your perspective on the dichotomy between men and women and relationships. And I have to ask you. Uh, I'm going to present a scenario to you, and I want your take on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Let's say you're fifty years old. Yes, you get divorced.
Speaker 3: Yes, within Uh, Let's say you meet a young lady who's thirty one. Right, you're fifty, she's thirty one. Four to five weeks later, you're with this young lady and you have decided to get her name tattooed on your body four to five times.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's that's insane. Okay, Yeah, that's insane because you're a free man. Finally, you're a free man. But what most men do. They look for the most difficult thing to do in their life. They instead of taking an easy route, most men will go down a path of difficulty and set themselves up for pain again. And some people may be unnecessary unnecessary stress because if you're fifty and you got a girl that's thirty, she still hasn't lived yet. So all you can do is, you know, you dig it down, you take a shop and buy she feels good, and because she's still a child right thirty one, she hasn't lived. So in today's world, that's called a simp in a sense because these girls don't they don't respect a man like that, if it was a sixty something you're a woman, or like even a forty five girls, even forty five thirty one, with the way the world is today, just to have that there on the phone talking about the man.
Speaker 2: Who they're pretty used pretty much using. You're like, oh, yeah, he brought me this, he brought me that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, because of a woman who's like actually understands the way the world works already. Would look at somebody who would get four tattoos on their body in four weeks of their name and be a.
Speaker 1: Little absolutely something. He's something wrong with him, he's crazy. He's a psycho. Yeah, man, you know you're talking about it and and the thing that I wanted to make sure you don't know he's here. He's here, ladies. I didn't I didn't want to change who I was with my answers. No, that's just the answer here because in fact, because I could have easily lied and been something else. Because I know he needs to hear it. I've been trying to tell him this. Yeah, you don't you, you don't you. No, we don't do that. I'm saying this by myself. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I know. But the thing is that.
Speaker 1: You have to learn how to enjoy life, and you gotta love yourself so much.
Speaker 2: Yes, you gotta love yourself. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: So this is the thing, right, That's why I've been telling a lot of people in general. I just told it to my guy right here, Cyrus. Your self worth and how you feel about yourself can never depend on anything that anyone else.
Speaker 2: Can lose if you do it.
Speaker 3: Always, if you wake up in the morning and your happiness is determined on what a B or c feels about you or how you're gonna lose in life.
Speaker 1: And when you date someone that young, you're really you're really destroying their life and let me saying to what I mean, when a man knows he's dating a younger woman, you're really stopping her growth in life because a real g is baby, you're too young. I want you to explore life. You gotta bump your head. You have to go through things like I give you this dick, yeah, but and a motivational speech. Right, But that's all I can give you. Because I care about you so much, I don't want to take away your experience. And here's one of the things I use. I always talk about trying to date me is like trying to get into Harvard. Everybody's not gonna get accepted. You have to have experience in life to appreciate the kind of man that I am. Because if you don't have no experiences, you have no idea the gift that you have right here. But if you bumped your head through life a few times, you do times, and then you meet a successful man who has benefits, who can contribute to your life, You're gonna appreciate Because when I was young, I used to I've always been successful, and I've been through stages. I've taken care of the men's kids, uh, brought women cars I've been through. And the thing that I remember one time, I always wanted to have somebody.
Speaker 2: Who was struggling, because you get save them. I could save them. Yeah, because that made me feel good. Well, we have some problems, let me take let me let me have. Hey, you know your daycare?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: I got it? That made you feel good? Sure, for sure, I've been there. When you grow up.
Speaker 1: And you really understand, it's not about you want a woman to be physically beautiful, of course, but what's your character. You want a woman to be beautiful, and what's your character? But what have you accomplished in your life prior to meeting me? Because once you get a certain age and I understan see, knowledge is a gift for the curse marriage to me, unless you know who you are. It is for people who don't understand life because you go through all the dumb shit. But when you knowledge, well, you know how your wife or husband's supposed to be, your girlfriend, the boy supposed to be. You know how to act, open the door, bring things, contribute to a relationship, pouring to me as I pour into you. As you get older, it's not about the bodies. About this word called safe or sexual can you talk to me and we have connection, because as you get old, that's what makes sex better because of the way a woman spoke to you, like, oh my god, baby, I'm like what you said. You know, there's some women that can just motivate a man. Let's use Rocky when he was getting his button looked and his wife was in there and she said come here, and he's like, boy, she said, come here, she said.
Speaker 2: When he ran out of that damn house.
Speaker 1: So how to do him push ups with one arm?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 1: Running up had the logs on him, jumping up and down because this woman had motivated him to a whole nother level. A thirty thirty one year old girl who walks around and says that she's a woman because based on experiences that she has is not a woman. You could only become a woman with experiences. And no matter what you've gone through at thirty one, if you live to be forty five, you gotta be smarter than you was at thirty one. Yeah, if you live to be sixty something years old, you're gonna be smarter than you was at forty five years old. True, So life is this great experience of experiences, turmoil, pitfalls highs.
Speaker 3: What age did you decide? If you're petty? If you show me that pettiness, I pull the plug.
Speaker 1: I think it started in my forties because I think, like I said, if you don't really know knowledge, you don't really have life experience.
Speaker 2: You don't know. But then you saw it.
Speaker 1: You get a girl, she argues with you about something I did.
Speaker 2: What it is?
Speaker 1: So now you run it out like you got a big argument. You're getting flowers, You're getting all this kind of stuff because there's something wrong with her. And most men don't take the time to figure it out. They just deal with it. They with it, He'll just deal with it. Most men are afraid to leave a cute girl because they know they probably can't get another girl. They got lucky with this one, so they snatch it up or become jealous or over possessive because they feel, oh, I can't get no better than this. I'm here to tell any man about a woman. You can do better. Things happen, and see the universe are testing and people don't understand the universe. See God will send you somebody or just say the universe and that man and woman will give you so much pain. That praying is to teach you to leave that person alone, but most people just take it, but the universe.
Speaker 3: Will keep I also feel like what happens is you get into a point and time where you feel you start to feel responsible for the other person.
Speaker 2: That can happen to people as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, especially if you if you was you're the bag. If you're the bag and you bring somebody on and all of a sudden you get tired.
Speaker 3: If you put yourself in a position where someone struggling and you want to do this, and it's three or four years down the road, yes, now you might feel bad.
Speaker 1: And as you get older, you want to have somebody that you don't have to have a woman to put everything in the pot, but something, something, And here's why, if we break up, we both emotionally, both of us going to be emotionally messed up for sure, but financially should be messed up too, because why should I spend hundreds of thousands and we break up. I'm feeling pain and the financial burden. But oh, you said, I got a new card, had some sex, and you went on about your life.
Speaker 2: It's just not fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like too, even on the other her, Like if you flip the coin, Like, if you are a woman or a man and you're with your significant other and you truly help them build their empire, you kind of take the backseat, handle the kids, handle the house.
Speaker 2: If that shit goes left, I feel like it's kind of.
Speaker 1: The other party's duty to make sure that's a real man. Yeah, Like, I'm not gonna leave you with nothing, Like, yeah, that's a real man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you.
Speaker 1: Without you, I might not be here, right, That's that's so true.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: If you got a woman like that, make sure you break off and make sure she's straight.
Speaker 3: Like me and my wife started dating and I maybe had six grand in my name, she had like three hundred grand.
Speaker 2: Of the baking.
Speaker 1: We could take this out right, but she like just I don't know. She just fucking with me, you know what I'm saying. And listen, I saw what she looks at you. She's literally kind of just held me down. Yeah, But I'm the kind of guy when I see an attractive woman and know she's with someone, I don't look at her no more. I know your lady's attractor. But I had to take a quick glimpse of her like in the in the grocery store and you scan there. I couldn't look at it, damn, But I know it was damn because I saw her for a good That one second was long enough to say, Yo, he got good taste. And when you see a man with a beautiful woman, that means to me that your confidence is on another level.
Speaker 2: Because when a.
Speaker 1: Man has a beautiful easy idiot liar because he lied the puller and she believed in him, and she's still trying to find out the stuff that you told me and it didn't come along that, but she's still hoping to believe.
Speaker 2: But then it also says.
Speaker 1: You got to have the finest woman in the room, and that takes confidence.
Speaker 2: For sure. Confidence is important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't matter. I always say it, no matter how much money you got, no matter how you look. If you got a plan and confidence, you got confidence. And if you.
Speaker 1: Can make a young lady laugh, there's yeah. And you and you're a good looking guy, and I can tell she loves you. Yeah, for sure, your wife loves you. Dog Like you can see the energy when you when you're together.
Speaker 2: I do think, I do think.
Speaker 3: I don't like the fact that, like there's this narrative out there at times where if you get divorced or you leave a situation and you know that other person had a lot to do with the foundation of making it possible for you to go and do this this or is right, it's like you to me, you almost have that responsibility to like, if you're a decent person, if you're a decent person, if you do it.
Speaker 1: But most divorces break up in bitter because the man probably cheating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some heartbreaking, there's a heartbreak, emotion gets involved, and that's when like, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's what and that's what happens. Like if you put a woman on she cheated on you. Now you don't want to have nothing. Oh yeah, yeah, for sure, I forget you. You kiss my ass.
Speaker 3: It depends on how many kids you got with them though it's like, hey, I need a place for my kids to listen.
Speaker 2: I don't care. But when some people are mad, no for sure, done, for sure done.
Speaker 1: And then you got people who will cheat on someone, get caught and then marry the person they cheated on. It happens a lot, and that they don't see it that happens, and they're miserable for the rest of their life.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's crazy. Now that happens a lot. I got a few of my friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see, I love you, I'm going to marry you.
Speaker 2: And the girl accepts it.
Speaker 1: But deep down in your heart and your soul, you're never the same, right you will every day I'm that person walks out that door.
Speaker 2: You have, there's a question mark, a pain. Yep, like I don't know. I don't always you know, because that trust.
Speaker 3: No matter even if you want to say you trust them again, you'll never trust.
Speaker 1: I've got a lot of friends who are marrying a cheat, and I explained to him, you know, I'll show a man how to cheat because I don't want you to get caught, because most men can't handle they get caught.
Speaker 2: I totally do this. Other day.
Speaker 1: I said, dog, you're messing around, but if you get caught, you already I can look at you. You ain't built for what's about to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you gotta have your ship air tight if you I tell you, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Men cheat, and if they get caught, it's this big embarrassment. But it was you got caught. That's the only reason why you embarrassed, Right, And then that woman takes you through hell and then it takes you out of your carriage and you're crying.
Speaker 2: You're crying, you lost violent, Yeah weird, you're hitting your punching windows.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, you're doing stupid. A lot of men to some point are hypocritical. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, if you're a player, that.
Speaker 1: Means your girl gonna be a play at Because there is a world called karma, right, and it does loop background Sometimes at the first moment. You can have been and cheated your whole life, but your girl dealt with it. Well you see you in a wheelchair.
Speaker 3: Well you'll see situations too where like you'll know somebody has been cheating on their wife for years and years and then obviously the marriage isn't great.
Speaker 2: She steps out once and it's like he lost it.
Speaker 1: Like, bro, you've been walking and actually for your advice and comes to you crying.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You in your head, you're like, yo, hey, lets she got one off. You can't trip.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: And to the people that's listening, if you cheat and then your girl cheating, you can't take it. Say baby, let's stop this. This is what you was what I'm feeling. I don't want to feel that the game that's called the truth. It's the truth. I can't.
Speaker 2: Let's not do this no more.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I can't now I feel it.
Speaker 2: That's so true. For sure, that's so true.
Speaker 1: That's the pain that some people cannot handle.
Speaker 2: That's why you see murders. Yeah. I got a homey of mind who's going through like a separation right now. He can't deal with it.
Speaker 1: Well, he never cheated. He's a good guy.
Speaker 2: But he's older, she's younger. They're going through separation. They're still friends, but he just found out she signed up for a dating app and lost his fucking mind.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I told him, I said, bro, like you gotta let her live.
Speaker 3: I mean he's he's forty something, she's probably my age, and he's been with her.
Speaker 2: Since she was like twenty. Yeah. See, so I was like, hey, I was like, hey, bro, if she's yours, it's gonna be fine, right, but like let her breathe for a little bit, like you guys are. What he should do is just be her friend. That's what I told him.
Speaker 3: I said, Yo, you just gotta pick up the phone, go to the movies every once in a while. But if she's gonna go and do whatever she's gonna do.
Speaker 2: Just let her do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to be a friend. You got to say call just to say hi. Yeah, call just to be a friend. And you start dating, right, you start dating because if you really want to back, here goes psychology.
Speaker 2: If you get a girl that's prettier.
Speaker 1: And that girl got she's doing well unless she was a lunatic. He was beating up and you just really dogged her.
Speaker 2: Yo, she might.
Speaker 1: It's possible, she'll come back. She'll come right back. It's possible, possible anything. Because obviously you've been doing your podcast for a while. I wish you would do more video content. I know we talked about that the last time. I just don't have the time.
Speaker 3: I think that you if you were to pour into your podcast, oh it'll be insane.
Speaker 1: I'm doing my first live one though, at the day before the Super Bowl in Las Vegas, a bad at the NFL. We're gonna stop podcast. So I would love, in fact, I would love for you to come so I can interview you.
Speaker 2: I'm down, let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yo. I promise I'll call them today and tell them to put you on the list and they'll reach out to you.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, I just think that every time I see your clips.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, if you sat down and did.
Speaker 3: Kind of like your version of what like Joe Rogan does and talk to comedians friends, Oh yeah, you can bring on financial advisors, yes, just so much. And you can have kind of conversations with people that other people aren't capable of having.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I totally agree. And this has always been at the table you and other people.
Speaker 3: Man, it's a it's a seven figures on the other side of that door.
Speaker 2: Easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm rich. I know, I feel you. It ain't about the money, but but it also but for you, you have like because in my opinion, if you did that, it would free up your bandwidth from the road.
Speaker 2: But you love the road. I love the road.
Speaker 1: It keeps me young because the road is it it's a lifestyle. It's a lifestyle, you know rich Carlton's Peninsula hotels, because you.
Speaker 2: Would have to ease up on the road a little to really really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and how can I say it. I don't want to bite off more than I could chew.
Speaker 3: And that's fair because if you buy it up more than you can chew, and you don't give it all that you know it deserves to have.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I'm a og.
Speaker 1: You really have to manage your health, your time and mind for sure. And it's really a young man's game, right and.
Speaker 2: I like peace.
Speaker 3: Like peace if the you you figured out, you're the road ship, so you know, I.
Speaker 2: Know when I'm getting.
Speaker 1: And then when you want to interview celebrities whatever, guess what you get sometimes cancelations.
Speaker 2: People who don't respect your time. No, people can't. They're not gonna make it to day. They can't make it.
Speaker 1: And you, like you, it's something I can mess up your thing or whatever. No, I think for you, like if you just have like just your peers, your comedy peers on yes, yes, yes, yes, over on my podcast. Now, I just deal with regular people in their situations in life, right. I like that because they're always going to be there, and it's a lot of them celebrities schedule conflict, TKM, Sorry I can't make it right. And is no jealousy, there's no hatred. You know, if I had this and somebody came in, you never know, they might be jealous.
Speaker 2: Whatever. I'm one of those people that people are jealous of.
Speaker 1: I've always just been that guy, you know, confident, you know, always had gorgeous women, always have money. That the same thing. People love you for, a lot of people hate you for. Would you ever open a comedy club? Too much aggravation, Yeah, too much aggravation. My life is about peace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I see that. There's too much stress. You gotta get a liquor license. You gotta deal with us. Somebody underage got in somehow. What the fuck?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Peace of mind? Security, beat up our openers with the lawsuit, you know. Yeah, I want I want peace, piece and quiet.
Speaker 1: Maybe in the next ten years, you know, I'm gonna go get a bigger house for the grandkids, have my son because they'll be older. So I have the grandkids come stay at the house with me. I might have a true significant other.
Speaker 2: So that's not out of the cards for you.
Speaker 1: Still, I won't get married, but I'll put a ring on a woman's finger to make let her know that I respect, Like, yes, is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is it. I don't have to marry you. Right, here's the ring. But we're not going to go to the courthouse. Yes, here's the ring.
Speaker 1: And I respect, you know, And I'll try to put people and you don't have to get married, but I'll maybe take ten thousand and put it in annuity and in twenty years at ten thousand, two hundred some thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why would we spend one hundred thousand dollars on a wedding exactly?
Speaker 1: They put that in annuity, and people need to understand annuities and stuff. So when I take it on stage and being my age too, that it's insane because I got the women from now they twenty four, twenty five years old holing at me, and I got to talk to him on the phone sometimes explain them I'm too old to date you. And some of them fine, right, But the way I get out of it, I would say, my daughter would kill me.
Speaker 2: That's what I say.
Speaker 3: And it's impossible for you to have like a real emotional connection with someone that young.
Speaker 1: I feel like I won't even want to deal with that. Yeah, the aggravation, don't get me wrong, some of these girls.
Speaker 3: And deal with the arrogance of a girl that's that young who thinks that they can hang with you life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like sweetheart, no.
Speaker 1: Even if you're forty something, you almost still out of my league. And the sins because I'm sixty three. It's twenty year difference. Yeah, you still are going to grow so much from forty to sixty years old.
Speaker 2: You're going to be night and day when you get to be my age.
Speaker 1: If I date you at forty seven years old, night and day, true, night and day. So if I meet someone in the forties, my goal is to be to give you knowledge, bring great things out of you that I see. Know how to talk better to the man that you might date somewhere down the line in life.
Speaker 2: Know how to move so when.
Speaker 1: You do meet this other guy, maybe you met a guy that gave you the game on how to be a better version of yourself.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful. Man. Before we go, how you stay so young? Man?
Speaker 1: What are we doing? What's the what's the diet? What's that you just all the things that we talked about. I'm not married.
Speaker 2: I don't have no stress.
Speaker 1: I take time, I work out every other day, my grandkids. Oh yeah, definitely, careful about what you're eating, care about what matter.
Speaker 2: Fact. I lost races the last time. Yeah, see me.
Speaker 1: So I think I lost about fifteen twenty pounds, but I still feel big, you know. But cav I'm happy for I hope when people see me, what they see is, man, he's really happy, like I'm happy. And when I do think about dating, I go, Man, when you date, you're giving someone the power. Let's make you unhappy, even in just five minutes of that day.
Speaker 2: Yep. And my whole day is happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my whole not half the day, the whole day, the whole day. But if you get with someone, it's a possibility that five minutes, the hour, the whole day, maybe a week, I'll.
Speaker 2: Have you shifted off your square. And I just love life so much. I mean, I love this thing. I don't want nothing to mess it up.
Speaker 1: Nice cigars, five whips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody to answer to, Nobody answer to you, listen, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You give some of the great interviews. Man, Thank you.
Speaker 1: And I watch our interviews after we and I watch it for a whole year, and I always put you on my calendar for the following year, like you're one of those guys I always look forward to coming to talk to a year. It gives me something to think of, like you. When I walk up this door, I will already be thinking for the next three hundred and sixty five days about you, because I watch you. I see your stuff that you do. I watch your interviews and I go, you know, and then Airs keeps me.
Speaker 2: Up on you too.
Speaker 1: He said, you're doing really well, and they're adding more shows to your show, your radio stage.
Speaker 2: Like seventy some odd cities. Now great, Yeah it's crazy. That's great.
Speaker 1: You know we just picked up Yeah, it's crazy. So how's your relationships now with sponsors? You still got great relationship with sponsors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So with the podcast is separate from the radio show. The radio show is the business model is essentially I get inventory in every market I'm in, yes, and then the company I work with sells that inventory, okay, and then we divvy that up.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The reason why I ask that question, I'm a businessman, right. See, I got my deal with Live Nation, but I want to bring a sponsor on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So my sponsors for the podcast Hardin, which is in Vegas, King, PALM, LRG, whatever, I deal with all those directly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to bring on a sponsor for my Live Nation tour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's definitely. That's the thing is like I think most people think of sponsors and they're like, it seems like a big Mountain to climb. I'm talking about like independent podcasts, like all the people who I've reached out or who I have as podcast sponsors.
Speaker 2: I mean, we had Bluetoo, which is the Dick pills. They reached out to me.
Speaker 3: They all were the first four or five were all just people had relationships with Yes, so like Hardeen, Like I'm cool with the owner Adam and DJ BONNYX and LRG Clothing. My friend's been the head of marketing there forever. So yeah, I mean you could easily do.
Speaker 2: That and his business. So we put do the deal together. You're aging on the deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm doing this for the next ten years.
Speaker 2: You smoke.
Speaker 1: I smoke a little bit, but I do my smoking like a player, right, And what that means in a room with a woman bottle of asuspil Louis the thirteenth and he's sitting there on the balcony overlooking a pool ocean, and you got your girl with you, you got your stuff ready, and you're smoking with each other.
Speaker 2: You know. Not smoking in your car driving down the street. Yes, your car smells like shit every time people get into it.
Speaker 1: Not smoking out in the hallway to mess up a presidential site, right, Like, people don't do stuff with class, and you know I do stuff for class. I got the champagne there, we sit back like cigar in my pajamas.
Speaker 2: So is the Live Nation tour something you're working on for this year? Oh? No, I got it. We start in April. Oh so it's coming in April. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we make the announcement in the I can ask, because, like, are the smaller shows you do across the country?
Speaker 2: Are those working up material for?
Speaker 1: So the clubs that you came to see me? Right because you did two or three shows, those shows have been booked for the last three four years. Right, I know what I'm doing. I took on the Live Nation thing because I wanted people to see growth, right right. So the sign with Live Nation was like wow, TK doing his thing and I'm a little tired. So I handed over certain markets to Live Nation. So I don't have to worry about going to those markets. All I gotta do is go get on the mic, tell the Joe, get your money, and go home. But what I explained to them that I wasn't going to do. You wasn't gonna put me in three cities back to back because I know my age. That will wear you down. So we do some cities one show that weekend, maybe two shows in the same night, but never I'm going to be in Chicago on Friday.
Speaker 2: In Detroit, well that's too close.
Speaker 1: Seattle, oh yeah, then Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we travel and then time changes and.
Speaker 1: I ain't doing that. Not doing that because you got to know your body. You gotta stay healthy. And yeah, let's put that deal together.
Speaker 2: I'll make sure.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put make sure the agent on the deal, all right, So where you get a check.
Speaker 2: I'll see if I can make sense. Ye see what we make it happen. And it's a definitely done.
Speaker 1: It's a deal and a Netflix special on the way. The Netflix special is going to do in twenty twenty five is already in it works, and I want to do something different. I want to it's almost to what Chris Rock and Kevin Hart did, but I want to do mine through hip hop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I came up through hip hop.
Speaker 1: So I want the people that I open up for for them to take clips to them and talk about how I used to rock.
Speaker 3: Gotta be dope because it's a special, but it's also kind of like a documentary that's.
Speaker 2: What I want.
Speaker 1: I want that type of interview because I know that I'm unique and my stand up is special and I came up in the game a different way. And to show that the half fifty cent have jay Z to.
Speaker 2: Have baby Lil Wayne. Those guys talk about t K.
Speaker 3: It's a big deal. Do you think last thing? Because you mentioned Kevin Hart, I always wondered it. I feel like somehow he's gets too much hate now.
Speaker 1: For some reason when you're number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I used to feel the same way, where I'd be like Kevin Art's kind of overrated. But it's like at this point, it's like this guy.
Speaker 1: Works no, no, no people, and he and he went through the gauntlet of yeah people, that's not what people look at. People look at competition, and when your competition, people throw darts. They did it to Michael Jordan, they do it to Tom Brady, everybody. When you get there, everybody jay Z, whoever gets that moment, everybody else is shooting for you. It's like being Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: He was champion last year.
Speaker 1: This whole season, everybody was gunning for you. As we call that competition. But on the streets will say that they hater, but no, they just trying to knock you up your throne. The same thing in real life when you become number one.
Speaker 2: It's like radio.
Speaker 1: If someone knew that you had the number one podcast radio show and the other person's five, and they know about you, their gold is to actually knock you out your number one spot. It's always about competition. It's what I meant to talk about last night, and that I think about it. It's always competition. Like give me the female and she'll say, I'm not going to compete to get you. And I tell people all the time that competition is what made the world. Why you think they create the Super Bowl? Right, if you drive down the street, you'll see Wendy's across the street and Burger King right across there. In competition. If you got someone that's in competition, that means you will always stay on your cueue. When you watch the foods that built America and you think about how they created the Oriel cookie, when you think about Kellogg's frosted Flakes and how they went up against rice crispies.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, this is competition. Oh, this competition.
Speaker 1: So competition brings the best out you. Yeah, it's just that in the real world when people throwing darts at Kevin Hart, but in actuality, what they're really trying to do is how can I how can I get what he has exactly? I really want to be where he is. I want to be number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I gathered mostly from that Cat Williams interview. Yeah, was he feels like he should be where Steve Harvey is?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's exactly what that is. And there's no secret society.
Speaker 3: And there's no secret to me like Steve Harvey. How do you feel about him? Like he obviously my friend produces his radio show. He's been a part of his radio show for a long time. Yes, And from when I hear he is one of the hardest working the.
Speaker 1: Bouts for this I've been. Steve Harvey came up probably a little bit after me. That's a hardworking man, yo. Yeah, Steve Harby and he's disciplined, and he's disciplined. I've heard a lot of things about his personal life, but that's not what we're talking about here. We talked about how he works. Can't nobody I'll work him now I work. I think he got me beat by a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he'll do the radio show in the morning, and he'll have to film the TV show, and he's got so much going on that I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't even want all that headache. It's a lot, because you know, everybody's shooting for the bag. But one thing I always say that's important. It is to not how well you live, is how well you die. See, in a hundred years, nobody will cares about us, And one hundred years, everybody in this room be going and the only thing you have leftist things, and nobody cares.
Speaker 2: And that is the perfect way to end up. My man, are my man?