Speaker 1: What up is Wally? This sin say? Make sure you check me out on the Bootleg keV podcast. Man, real fire shit going on.
Speaker 2: Yo man, Bootleg CAV podcast. We got a special guest in here finally, one of my favorite out the city man Wallely the Sense say the Golden Child is here.
Speaker 1: Hey man, say Man, what up? keV?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: How you doing? Bro?
Speaker 1: Man? I'm good? You feel me? Hey? Shout out to keV though, because I just came down here. He got a dope ass studio. I went in there and made some straight hit records. Y'all gonna hear the motherfuckers. I'm finna switch it up.
Speaker 2: No, you got it's crazy because you were playing me even besides the stuff you made the other day, like you were just playing me, just the stuff that's in the h that you have just loaded up ready, that's crazy with everyone in their mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got some shit in the vault. I'm just sitting.
Speaker 2: About that shit for sure.
Speaker 1: That's putting it like that. I'm just sitting back aiming.
Speaker 2: What's crazy too, because like the one thing about you, Bro, is like it's like I remember the first time I heard Scandalist. I was like, oh, this shit is different, like the thing about you know, and this is something I feel like Greto preaches so much, is like it's easy to try to box in LA rappers into this little box. Yeah, and you immediately did such a great job of just like when I heard Scandaliss. It's just like I was like, oh shit, this this ain't the same, this is different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, facts, man, we hate it. We hate being put in a box, especially the ones that's really talented, like like even even me though when I came out, I had a hard time trying to trying to locate my specific sound, like all right, where's my foundation? Like people know that they can come to me for you know what I'm saying. Shit, that sounded like that. But when you hear O three Flow or Tarzan, like all my records sound different, that's for sure. I like that. But it's like a gift from the curse because you don't really know what you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get right whenever I drop right and you were playing me some shit, and like, you know, I feel like you just got a very like you got a range of tones that your voice can go in. Where like you said, like if if if you didn't know it was you, and maybe you had only heard all three Flow and maybe you heard another big you wouldn't even you might not even know it's the same guy.
Speaker 1: I swear to god. Shit crazy.
Speaker 2: But that's I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. Sometimes it's bad for me. I feel like because I see all these other artists and they got like a foundation, and it's like, damn, I kind of want that for myself. But at the same time, I don't want to be boxed into a specific sound.
Speaker 2: So well, I think you got a foundation though, because I think when you have, like, you know, records that are you know, whatever level. You got a couple of hit records, you know, I feel like that, you know, whether it's a West Coast hit or whatever, you got records that I mean, like I booked you at my club in Scotsdale. That shit was fucking lit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, eleven eleven And before you even d Like, when I would DJ at my spot, I would always play a three Flow and the whole fucking crowd.
Speaker 2: Would just sing it.
Speaker 1: Bro, people love that song. It's crazy, like they got like an emotional connection to that song for sure. And when I made it I didn't think that like everybody would be able to relate to it like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting too because when you made it, Greto was incarcerated.
Speaker 1: Yeh, he was in opinion.
Speaker 2: Did you have any relationship with him prior to him being incarcerated.
Speaker 1: Well, I had reached out to him before he went to jail. And that's kind of why I always fucked with Grito, like because I didn't even really have no songs out and he was still willing to fuck with me. Like you know what I'm saying. I ain't gonna say under what circumstances or what price or whatever, but like you know what I'm saying, he could have just ignored my DM or he could have just ignored my email, whatever the case may be. And when he was in jail, I spoke to him like a couple times over the phone, and he just used to give a nigga game, like giving me game about the industry and how I should move. He didn't need to, yeah, exactly, and he still do though, Like like anytime me and Grito link up or we talk like bro, he always dropping gyms on me, like showing me the way, which you know in this industry, a lot of people ain't gonna do. You got to pay the play now, He's one of the realist Like I like what I like about Grito is he's he understands his worst and he understands his position, and he doesn't take it lightly.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people they get some they get some motion. Here, let me push this back out here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go, good looking.
Speaker 2: This fucking Jesus. But I feel like a lot of people might get some motion. Like obviously, Grido is one of the most influential rappers to ever come out of Cali, But I feel like they don't they don't understand like the weight that they hold. And I feel like Grito's very intentional with who he fucks with. I feel like he's a pure, harder dude. And he's also like not as accessible as everybody else. Yeah, I feel like that's by design.
Speaker 1: He on his superstar shit for sure.
Speaker 2: But it's smart because you can't just be accessible to everybody, you know what I mean, Like you have to kind of understand, like yo, like everything's gonna be kind of intentional, and I feel like he's done a good job of that. So I think it's dope that like even without you having music out and you're getting locked up, and I'm sure he's hearing about three flow.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, man, me and Gredo, we got so much shit we got. We got a whole tape on the way. I heard him talking about it when he was in a halfway house in Houston. I flew out there and we went all night on some ship made some shit that's gonna fuck l a streets up like even more parts of the world. But that was really one of my focus is like, man, we need some of that, some of that ship that the people love here because I feel like, you know what I'm saying, we won't really got that, not.
Speaker 2: Right now, one hundred percent. Man. I feel like la is in need of like some anthems right now. Yeah, because I think obviously shout to three and no Baby, so city's going crazy.
Speaker 1: But the shit you was playing me man, listen, Oh yeah, oh yeah, shout out to three one, no Baby. Man's crazy.
Speaker 2: Hey, that young dude, he killing hilarious. He's a good kid.
Speaker 1: I love seeing that nigga. Man, he killing it. But yeah, the ship I got in the phone, I call it the vault. The ship I got in the vault, man, Like, I really plan on just going ahead and taking the throne here and picking different countries. I'm trying to get out the country with this ship.
Speaker 2: Well you had had a weren't you on a major for a sec?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was with Capital, that's right, Capital for like two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How was that experience?
Speaker 1: It was cool? I mean I got to learn the business right, because that was the main thing with me, Like coming from where I'm from, shit, I never been up close enough to see how all this shit worked. Like it's like I know my potential and I know where I can go, but the actual steps to getting there, I didn't know what the steps was.
Speaker 2: So that kind of at least was like a nice dry run for you to be like, you know, I'm in the game. I can see how this music industry works a little. You live, you learn fast, and now you know, now you can apply all the stuff you learned into the stuff that's in this vault exactly. Yo, what was it like for you, man? Like, I know you told me recently, well you just told me before we were filming that, Like you did make a conscious decision to be like ten toes down on this music shit.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, because when I first came in, When I first was when I first started doing music, I didn't expect it to go that.
Speaker 2: Far, right, you didn't know what you had.
Speaker 1: I really started off making music for myself, like I liked to I really like listening to my music. I don't know if other people feel the same, right or if they're hearing the same shit, But for me, it's like it's like talking to somebody that everybody need, Like I can just talk to myself through my songs. So but once I figured it out that people really loved it and they really fucked with it, I'm like, oh, I can probably really do this shit, and I probably. I went to Detroit. I spent like a year just in the studio almost every.
Speaker 2: Day in Detroit. Yeah, who are you working with out there?
Speaker 1: With the circle? You know? Nick? No, I don't, oh what niggas is. Basically he responsible for a lot of the success that come out of Detroit, well Detroit, Drago and Bino Detroit on like Shada and Skiller and Babyface Ray and all them niggas they all really under pretty much one umbrella, so that studio that I was out there working with them. Oh and the block boys TJ. I was out there working with them and the stud like, because they work at a fast pace, like I was making like four songs a day.
Speaker 2: Would you say you work at that pace too?
Speaker 1: Now I do. Yeah, now I work fast as shit. But that's where it started.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: I went out there and they all used to be in the booth at once. It's like fox niggas in the booth, just back to back rapping and shit, and I had to pick up on the speed you feel me or else. I couldn't never get on the song right, like every time I try to get on the song to be done. So so yeah, when I got back home, I start doing like twelve songs a day, twenty songs a day. I'm like, okay, I got the hang of this shit, but probably last year, I'm like, damn, Like I feel like my music is good. I feel like I'm one of the best, but I gotta get everybody else to see that, like you know, and like real life shit always slow down the process. So I'm like, all right, fuck everything. I know, I got the kids, I know, I got family, I got people who love me, but shit, like you feel me, I gotta put everything to the side. I gotta put the hood to the side, the streets to the side, and I just got to work on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I always feel like if you move a certain way while also trying to be a superstar, you're always gonna have some sort of like stress cloud hanging above your fucking head because you never know what what today might entail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stress cloud distractions. Look, if you out there and you're trying to chase your dreams, bro, don't think twice. If you got the right shit in your heart. You know you love your friends, you know what I'm saying. You know you love your hood, then you don't gotta think twice. Chase your dreams first and then come back, come back.
Speaker 2: And help out. Yet, but the goal isn't to stay in the hood. Yeah, it shouldn't be the goal.
Speaker 1: That's only the goal for niggas who've never been there, Right, The only niggas who ain't grow up in the hood really just glorified just being in that motherfucker. We all trying to make a way out. Everybody from the hood trying to get out.
Speaker 2: For sure, Man, what is it about man Compton? Whatever water y'all got in Compton produce the best rappers.
Speaker 1: Bro, we got so much talent.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy.
Speaker 1: It is like, I'm really grateful. I swear I'm blessed because I'm grateful that I got something that stand out, because otherwise, Bro, you'll be drowned in that shit.
Speaker 2: Just loaded, Bro, so.
Speaker 1: Many options, like whatever you looking for musically, sports wise, all that ship, it's a lot of talent. Talent, for sure, I can get you hit. We got just out of my section. We got Mari Ruger, we got ys thirty, shot copone, we got Hit at J three. You know, like some of the bigger names. You know, Katok came from Mars Section two. We got rosecrans hop out, we got Vicasso, we got Ship, Chef Boy. I don't know if you ever heard of sad boy Man. You gotta hear Chef Boy. He crazy, he got he got all the females going crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just think when I think of Compton, I'm like, you know, it's just top. I mean, I mentioned Kendrick obviously game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We got Roddy Asias Thope.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Hey, Roddy really one of the best artists I feel like ever to come out of California. I agree, Yeah, like I don't feel like they give that dude his his respect and flowers.
Speaker 2: And it sucks to because with Roddy, I feel like he was the first case study of the like he had caught such a wave when his album came out, and I feel like he was the one artist who couldn't really that was his first real like superstar moment, and it happened right at the beginning of COVID. Yeah, that's what happened to me, you know what I mean, Like COVID really, like Roddy had a festival run, planned a bigger tour plan and then COVID just fucked up. I feel like COVID fucked with a lot of people's momentum.
Speaker 1: Bro Covid came in. Bro. I signed a deal during COVID, so I didn't meet nobody from the label.
Speaker 2: All Zoom calls, everything.
Speaker 1: Was on Zoom. That shit was crazy, like for it to be my first time doing everything.
Speaker 2: So you're dealing with nothing but Zoom. Yeah, and the record the record of companies were super paranoids and nobody was coming.
Speaker 1: In yeah yeah, yeah. It was a cap on everything. It wasn't too much that nobody wanted to bet on because you know it was our first time ever seeing it as a whole for sure.
Speaker 2: No, for sure? Man, talk about your what's your writing style?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: Do you write anything or is it all?
Speaker 1: No? I ain't wrote since I got a song called Tarzan. Y'all make sure y'all check that out. That's one of the people favors. But I ain't wrote the song since stars In, So I ain't wrote in like two or three.
Speaker 2: Years before that. Like, did you write scandalous on like the freestyle? That was a freestyle? So what would you do when you go in and lay down the harmony first, like the melody and then filling the lyrics.
Speaker 1: It's so unorthodox, bro, Like, I feel like I do that more now, Like I kind of mumble shit, or I might even whistle fill it in. Yeah, like I'll whistle. I'll whistle a whole beat through and then like I'll make the whistle words are filling in with some words. But it's so unorthodox the way I'll do it, because it ain't. No, I really don't have no actual way to do it. It's no right or wrong.
Speaker 2: There's no like specific formula way you do. Like it might be different Tuesday than it is Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like scandalss. I blurted that out like I was in the I was in the booth and I just blurted some ship out and I just kept going.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's such a fucking amazing statement. Yeah, but that people trying to kill me for some shit that was really good.
Speaker 1: That was going on in my life though. So so that's the thing. Like a lot of times it just really be my conscious right and it just comes out. Yeah, And I choose conscious overbrain. Like if I'm thinking, I always feel like we might like if we knew the formula, then we'll all be billionaires. Like nobody really know the formula. So I'll be trusting my conscience whenever. Whenever some shit just come out or I feel it, I'll just run with it. Why the sentine for a few reasons. Ship. I did do karate a little bit growing up.
Speaker 2: Like how far in Like how much karate? Like what belts brown? That's pretty I mean, what is that a couple behind black?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so when you start karate first we have to learn all the bones and ship in the body from the head to the feet type shit. My Sinsey was my cousin and he ended up passing away. So after he passed away, I never did go back to karate. But just just the style of the word, I mean, the people that are sence is in the world like it's supposed to be like a teacher. In my eyes, I look at it like as somebody that's that's kind of humble, but still know a little bit could probably kick your ass, but they'll spare you, you know what I'm saying, like wisdom. If you know who Resa Islam is? Do you know who that is? Resa Islam? They always be taking this Instagram down, but he like next up under Fara Khan and he'd be on Instagram like just kicking jewels about the world and political shit. But but when I was younger, he famous the shit now. But when I was younger, I used to run into him all the time, like just when I used to be running the streets, and he used to like just grab me and be like, you know, you're finna come with me. He'd take me to his He had like a compound like where they have kids read, you know, like you could probably learn self defense all types of shit, not even just like not even just on a Muslim level, but just like just really just enlightening young people.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: I could tell he looked at me like I was quite mischievous or whatever, but he's seen something else in me. So I kind of stuck with the shit that he used to teach me, the shit that my cousin used to teach me, and just the shit that I naturally The ways that I naturally was.
Speaker 2: Because you seem like a pretty like reserved out the way dude for being like one of the hottest dudes in the city. Like I feel like you're You're not like I never ever see you like being reckless online, like you're pretty chilling.
Speaker 1: Hell off, bro. If it was up to me, I would never get on Instagram. I do not fuck with social media. Bro. Social media is crazy.
Speaker 2: It is Bro.
Speaker 1: You open your phone and you look at this shit and you just see a billion people trying to say the worst thing that could possibly say to anybody, just trying to get attention to people that they don't know. And then the ship that that people do for the cloud, like like like where I'm from is like a real place, like like in my hood and bomping. It's it's weird seeing some of these people that I might have knew my whole life, and I see them.
Speaker 2: Like stepping out of character for likes.
Speaker 1: For the Internet. So it's like, damn, that shit.
Speaker 2: Is scared not a real place, bro, it's scared of ship out of me.
Speaker 1: I hate it, And I already know that like you could be you could be the most talented person in the world, Bro, Michael Jackson, get clanned on the Internet, everybody. You feel what I'm saying. So I know one day I might slip it far down the stairs and y'all gonna y'all gonna flame me for it. You're gonna be a mean ice offering. I don't fuck with the Internet, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like, uh, you know, it's it's it's it's it's a tool to use for your fans. It's a tool to use for the music. But like a lot of people get tied up with their quote unquote internet, like who they are online and who they are in real life, and then they try to somehow like you, Like you said, you'll know somebody their entire life, and if they get a little traction online somehow, they become like like, yo, why are you a weirdo?
Speaker 1: Now? Yeah, they'll run with it and I hate that shit. Yeah, I hate it. Crazy, I hate it. Shout out to Instagram. I love what y'all doing with the app, but it's the people that I'm talking about, the people using the fucking app, right, we could be using it in a lot of positive ways, like because bro, the internet is a blessing.
Speaker 2: You can spread information like bro, like pove.
Speaker 1: Even in music if you think about it, like people used to have to put a million dollar budgets down for videos.
Speaker 2: You would have had to have taken a demo tape to someone say Yo, check this out, and they gotta play it, and then they gotta play it, they gotta like it, they gotta call you back.
Speaker 1: No, Now, you.
Speaker 2: Could just go straight to the people. Then they'll tell everybody.
Speaker 1: You sell anything you could do. But what we choose to do with it is crazy.
Speaker 2: It's wild, bro Like, it's like the best, the best and worst thing that ever happen to society.
Speaker 1: Facts for sure.
Speaker 2: Why talk to me about your situation because you know, like you said, like you got a ton of music, you're sitting on some big records, Like what is holding you back from dropping more music?
Speaker 1: Since December? I've been I was dropping like a single every week, and I just finally slowed down so I can kind of calculate my next few steps. But just being independent, it's not like it's easier. It's a faster process because I don't got to get the records clear at the same and shit right, but at the same time, financially, you know what I'm saying, Everything falls on you. Yeah, certain shit, you got to be able to back certain records up. So the ones that I really care about, I ain't just throwing them out. You just want to throw out and see what happens. You want to make sure, you have a plan, you want to make sure. But the ones that I feel like is just good for the people and just to hold the wust to keep keep shit flying.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah yeah, Like, like how many records you and Greedo have on the project, because.
Speaker 1: We got at least we probably got like ten to twelve. Yeah, man, we got some ship too, some dope ass songs. I gotta play something we get out of here.
Speaker 2: For sure. I heard some ship. I want to say, who's on these records? But you got some records, you got some big records.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got some ship right now. I got some ship with I got some shit with dope boy g herbal Wych be Fast just came out yesterday.
Speaker 2: Another another talented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just came to the hill yesterday. We went to the studio.
Speaker 2: You blamed me a song with another guy who's from LA who also was a little reserved online. But it's also great with melodies.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got some ship. The one I got one with Todd Dollars Signing Blast.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the one. I'm talking about, the Tyn sign Blast Records. Fucking crazy shit so far A shout out to Todd. Shout out the Blast because they sent them verses back and I was bro I felt like that.
Speaker 1: Was what we needed right now for sure. And the Tie tie on there. It sounds like some because I'm a I'm a big Tie fan, you feel so all his old work is really some ship that that kind of help, you know, because I do harmonies and short and I'll be singing. So that's somebody I always look to, you know what I'm saying to not be kind of him and Grito Greto Tie and no bullshit R Kelly, R Kelly to go man aside from the from the other ship, I say it all the time music, Kelly is still listen.
Speaker 2: You have to separate, separate the person from the art, otherwise we ain't going to ever enjoy ship because as you can see, what the fuck's been going on lately is a lot of our heroes it's caught up in some allegations and it's like, well, does that mean I can't enjoy their contributions because R Kelly is, in my opinion, the best songwriter ever and he's the in my opinion, the King R and B.
Speaker 1: Love Happy People, brow he the ship just twelve play the R album, but the double album is my ship, like R Kelly the self titled album You remind me all that, Like R Kelly is.
Speaker 2: Like still to this day, like one of my favorite artists. Now I'm speaking from his creative contributions, like I can look the other way on the other ship. Yeah it's all good. Like I ain't kicking it with.
Speaker 1: Him, Yeah, I mean, I ain't no judge. I can't convict him and nothing.
Speaker 2: He got convicted though, but if it was up to.
Speaker 1: Us, we couldn't even right right right, You can enjoy the art, but the music, Bro and then Tye really like looking at tire work was kind of like like, Okay, damn, if I want to be real big, can I still be myself? Like Grido and Tie. I feel like those two people musically they really bring like they put the inside onto the track. Like when you first reach out to Tire, did he reach out to you? How that worked?
Speaker 2: Because he's tapped in a lot with the with the new we got.
Speaker 1: More records, that's good as hell. Yeah, hell yeah, we got some dope records. We probably our first session we did was probably last year at the beginning of the last year guy, and we got some dope records. Like I put up on him one another time and did some dope ship. He had juicy j in there. Of course I done put up. I don't know. I just fucking met Eminem what doctor Dre and Snoop. I went to dre house for a day and I got to sit in the session and watch them work.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: That was the bro. That was the dopest shit I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: You got to rewind you get invited to go to doctor Dre's house. Yeah, and Eminem and Snooper there, bro.
Speaker 1: And then look, look put your hand out when I when I met him, he like Marshall I'm like, bro, I know who you is. You one of the one of the best rappers ever. But Bro, now I understand why they called Dre Doctor Dre like the ship that he do in the studio, Like he really doctor them songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they say he's like super particular.
Speaker 1: Every line, Bro. And then like it gets deep, Bro, he wanted the coldest. He might be the coldest to do it.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, if you think about production, if you think about just what he has had his fingerprints on, even just the Doctor Dre tree, you just like take his tree and you just start looking at everything that came from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then were from the same neighborhood too as well.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: And I didn't even know that at first until we got to sit down and chop it. How did you get the invite because one of my homies, my homie Money, they related to Dre. And you know, since I got shit buzzing, I've been having a city rocking for sure for a few years now. So he so he like, man, I gotta get you over there. Him and Jay West put it together, and shit, I linked up with him one day and we went over there. I fell asleep. Dre house so comfortable, bro, I fell asleep for like hour.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. So you get in the studio, it's like Dre be like, hey, what's up. You'd be like, hey, we're from the same area. Man, Like he a.
Speaker 1: Real dope dude, bro, Like like did he have Air Force ones on? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all white, all white always. He's got like a thousand pairs.
Speaker 1: Of And you would think that, uh, like you know some of these people because they're a little older than us. But he hit like he's still in tune of what's going on. He's serious about the music though. So if you playing with his music ship, yeah, if you ain't ready, then don't even don't they don't even introduce yourself to Drey because he ain't gonna fuck with it. If if if you're serious and you got some ship going on, then I feel like I feel like he's supported.
Speaker 2: What was that? What? What did it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: How dope? Was the ship that Snoop, Dre and m were working on.
Speaker 1: But that shit was cold. They was working on like the last couple of songs of an album. I don't know if it was a Snoop album, but but Dre he really real, particular with these bars and Ship. I don't know if you've seen when he got his star.
Speaker 2: I saw that like last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you seen when Snoop gave the speech and he didn't watch the speech, but he gave the speech and he rapped and he was like you still make me do every line a thousand monthucking times. He wasn't capping.
Speaker 2: So that was because because your session was what a few weeks ago you said.
Speaker 1: No, when I went over there, that was that was probably like six months ago.
Speaker 2: That shit's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Snoop broke.
Speaker 2: Snoopy got awards everywhere. I mean he got them all.
Speaker 1: Diamond Awards, Grammys, all that ship. So just seeing it, Bro, I had to see that.
Speaker 2: Snoop's the coolest motherfucker ever too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Snoop cool.
Speaker 2: Snoops the kind of guy you meet and he doesn't disappoint like you know how, Like you meet some famous fools that like you grew up, like you grew up listening to, and then you thought, Snoops exactly who you hope you.
Speaker 1: Getting exactly what you thought meeting Snoop bro Snoop a fucking legend, all them dudes, legends, Snoop m dre Ship.
Speaker 2: I'm grateful to even be in that session. That's hopefully one day I can be like, did you cut any vocals with him? Nah? They was working the whole You were just observing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was just observing, fly on the wall, watching how they're working. So I can learn how to apply it to myself and then I know when I'm ready, it'll happen. You know what I'm saying. But I met, I met me. Being there led me to meeting the.
Speaker 2: Dopest producer in the fucking world. His name is Dem Joints. Oh, he's hard bro, THEMN Joints. He made the tie in Blast record. He's hard bro.
Speaker 1: He cold using live instruments. It ain't nothing that dude can't do.
Speaker 2: Like now, Damn Joints is a real wild child for sure. So you right now you're are you looking for a new situation to put out Like this time? Blast record is a fucking smash. It's not the type of record you just drop and hope for the best. Yeah, you gotta have ducks in a row.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it right. Yeah, shit, we got some shit in the works. I am open to new conversations though. Anybody who feel like they can give the record the potential that I need.
Speaker 2: Have any other artists try to sign you, artists like you know there's artists with imprints. Is anybody try to be like, yo, come over.
Speaker 1: Here, you know, shout out to shout out to my bro Zona man in Future I did go do it like a session with with Free Bands. I ended up just becoming family, Like that's my that's my Southern family and Midwest family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Future more pre band, I think. Yeah, Joe Moses was over there with you.
Speaker 1: He sucked with Future Heavy, but yeah, so far, that's like the only person that I that I really like lashed onto.
Speaker 2: Would you do another major label thing or did you kind of experience that.
Speaker 1: I want five ms? At least five ms.
Speaker 2: That's a serious bag.
Speaker 1: If it ain't five ms, then probably not.
Speaker 2: Then you're gonna just kind of do do it.
Speaker 1: You shoot my shot because you heard what I got.
Speaker 2: I heard what you got.
Speaker 1: I'm good right now as long as I can just keep doing it the way I love to do it. Shit, I'm not tripping. I mean, I feel like I feel like what I bring to the world musically is deeper than just you know, money or or whatever deal I can get. I Actually I feel good about what I give people to listen to.
Speaker 2: I know you're super tight with Buddy, who is another guy I just ran in him at a Rolling Loud. But he's another guy that is just a prolific MC.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One of the dope is my twin. Shout out to Buddy. He just had an album released like two days ago.
Speaker 2: I went, yeah, I saw, I think he's got a show tonight. Actually real, were I think it's tonight?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I gotta pull up man, I gotta pull up on Bro.
Speaker 2: But I was gonna say, like, is there any other artists in LA that you know outside of Grido that you can see yourself collaborating with on a full project?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, my bro, Kayln for real, chat to Kayleem.
Speaker 2: That'd be crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think me and Caaitlen have a good album.
Speaker 2: There's something about San Diego that loves both of you guys. If you guys do a fun can join the album, do the release party in San Diego, because every bad bitch in San Diego will.
Speaker 1: Go San Diego with y'all.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: Then my hot spots right there. But me and Kaylan, I would love to do one with Blash. I feel like I feel like that would be good to for the ladies and for the for the streets. Kaylen Blast of course Beano, um who else? I would from here or from anywhere, from anywhere. Oh, ship, it's a lot. It's a lot. Like I would love to do a mixed table Mazi on BPS, me and Mazie and on BPS. Just dropped the single, probably like five the single out. It's called I'm Good. We just dropped the single. But it's a lot of niggas. I got a homie in Saint Louis. His name MB's bro. He hardest ship. Nobody really know about him yet. And Louis is bubbling man, Alexis, Alexis bro me and Alexis gonna fuck the world up.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Alexis Man.
Speaker 1: We're trying to fill up arenas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got some. I heard this ship you guys cut the other day. The shit's crazy, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Stupid Geperico, Geperico making the whole tape. I got a tape with Jakai, my bro, Jakai, he out the village. I think he just signed with Little Bibby or Ting not k K. Plus, I don't know all these fucking random companies these days something like that. But he he fucking with little Bibby Jakai cold. He wanted a cold now. Bibby going crazy though, was an executive for sure. Travis Scott, I would want to do it. You and Roddy would be tough. That'd be so hard, bro, Bro, that'd be so hard. And then and then Roddy another person that I always looked to as well musically, like because or like what I was doing when I was listening to his music, like before I started doing music. A lot of ship that he rapped about was ship that I was just my every day life, like the age is so our age is so close. Like a lot of other artists, I couldn't relate to the same, but since were so close in age, it was like, you know what I'm saying, Like this my shit right here for you.
Speaker 2: Was there a catalyst that, you know, I feel like everybody you know we talked earlier, you kind of had made the decision to go all in on the music. But was there something that happened that like kind of made you realize, like, damn, I might be able to I might lose this shit if I don't take it serious. For real.
Speaker 1: Yeah shit, all my closest friends was like, really my grandma, My grandma passed away. My bro neverless swavy Earl Swavy tiny West, Like I lost some real key factors, like people that I was really doing this shit for. So at some point I started feeling like damn, like everybody I was doing this shit for it's kind of gone. So it's really like I felt like just crashing out. You feel me. But like my big bro j West, he used to always tell me, like, nig you need to go home, you need to sit in the house, like go deal with your emotions, like you know what I'm saying, Like stop just trying to run around and like you know what I'm saying, you mixing too much bullshit with what you what you got going on your head positively, So like big bro, he really influenced me to get to know myself and to just deal with all the ship that because Bro, growing up, you might deal with a lot of shit but not actually deal with it you think you deal with You might go through a lot of.
Speaker 2: Ship, bro, just because you pick up a bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you always got friends, you always got family, you always got people around you. But sometimes you might need to sit by yourself.
Speaker 2: And just face it.
Speaker 1: It ain't no time limit on that. Like, it ain't like I stayed in the house for one day right now, you know what I'm saying, Like, Nah, sit in the house and really get to know yourself, or go somewhere where you isolate it and really figure out what's been going on in your head and what you really care about. Because ship all almost gave up, bro, I really almost gave up on this ship. And then I had like a switch. I'm like, nah, like what the fuck, I'm way too close.
Speaker 2: What year was that you almost gave up?
Speaker 1: Last year?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: I was like I was feeling like that from the beginning of my career, bro, Like.
Speaker 2: So like from the beginning, even though you had all this momentum yet all these bro.
Speaker 1: I had momentum, but I had so much bullshit going on in my life. We didn't even know about, bro, Like my personal life was just fucked up and it was affecting how I was like rubbing off on people even when I meet them, Like I didn't really care to meet rappers or like I didn't really want to.
Speaker 2: Business the way you were proaching music too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know what I'm saying, We all got our personal shit, and I was I was looking at myself like nobody else could feel how I feel, like dumb ass shit, like we all we all lost somebody, we all going through shit, Like I was looking at it the complete wrong way, and I had to self evaluate.
Speaker 2: And then like if you're going through all of that and you don't deal with it, the other problem is had to treat everything else in your life like it's a job, so the rap shit becomes something you have to do, not something you want to do.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: You're so preoccupied with your trauma or your heartbreak or whatever you're going through that when you have to go to the studio it's a chore because you would rather go be on the phone and deal with whatever you're dealing with or go you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like facts for sure, and then neverless Suavey my bro that passed away. He the one who showed me how to use distro kid. He knew the business well, like I didn't know none of this shit right, So so losing him it was kind of like, ah fuck, Like he's kind of the reason why I know, Yeah, having somebody you could trust, Like, it ain't too many people you can trust in this business. Sure, so having Greto is kind of similar because like, Okay, Greeto, he always giving me the game for sure, you feel me. But before Greto, he wasn't home. So me losing nibs. By the way, that's if you ever hear my son silly rabbit. He the person on the second verse got it. But but yeah, having him, it was like losing him was like them. I don't don't even know if I could find another person that I could trust, because he was gonna give it to me. You know what I'm saying, give me the business raw Like naw, you don't need him, You don't need them. You don't need to do this, like you know what I'm saying, because you can go through a lot of loops, spending your money wrong, all types of shit.
Speaker 2: And then also like keeping the wrong people around you. It's energy is a real thing, man, you hell yeah, So if you don't even realize, like damn, I got I got this cruel people around me or the a few, maybe it's one person around you that you don't even realize is just adding to the the energy of the room. Every time or your life. You're like yo, Like people don't realize, like you got to make sure you got to keep your energy tight bro like and protect it because otherwise it could fuck up. They could fuck up everything.
Speaker 1: No facts.
Speaker 2: I think about Leonardo Wick shit like that situation where he one of his homies fucked up some kid who's coming up to him. Oh, I've seen that, and I'm like, man, like, I seen that and the homie who did it, it wasn't even a security guard, it was just one of It was just one of his people.
Speaker 1: Nah, it just took off on this little kid that ain't even funny. But but I could have swore I thought that was a security.
Speaker 2: Though his security was was standing. It was the bigger dude. And when I saw that, I was like, damn that port like shot to Nardo. I met him. He's a good dude, nice nice guy, but like, all it took was him having the wrong dude that was just looking take off on somebody.
Speaker 1: Niggas. No look, look, my cousin told me, shout out the big Adobe. He told me a few months ago, like, bro, you do not need an entourage, like as.
Speaker 2: Long as you are, as long as you know what, like, as long as you're not moving around in spaces where you know, like steady funk out of it out the way.
Speaker 1: But when you bro like it's like niggas be scared to look like what they are. If you're a superstar or if you're really doing his music, shit, it's not wrong for you to have security. For sure, come out of your pocket, pay for some security. Someone's amaking trust.
Speaker 2: It's smart.
Speaker 1: And I forgot a couple of people too, Shorty Shorty, that's my dog right, A fucking mixtape with Shorty would be that'll be.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy how he's from Baltimore, but he's such a fucking West Coast artist. Love him on the West Coast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he he kind of changed the game for real. Him and Kamaya shot to Kamaia Kamaya, Shorty, Shorty and Kamaya them.
Speaker 2: Sounds like that Buary is like a fucking that's a West Coast classic.
Speaker 1: That was some ship that we needed for sure. But Big Dobe was telling me, like, bro, you don't need all these motherfuckers around you because I love having my homies around me, like like having this ship as something to share. That was always idealistic to me, like, like, this shit ain't just for me I personally, Bro, I could have a basketball, a skateboard, some chili, cheese fries, and a bitch or too. I'll probably never look. You're a good skater, yeah, Bro, I do everything, So.
Speaker 2: You could like actually get down on the skateboard. Yeah, I can.
Speaker 1: Who play football? Our quarterback, baseball skateboard.
Speaker 2: There's some good rappers out there.
Speaker 1: And I'm like probably the best bowler in the industry for real. Anybody who needs that, man, get at me. I'm taking all bowling.
Speaker 2: Do you ever go to the Kingpin Monday? Shit?
Speaker 1: No? Okay, but I bowled twice a week.
Speaker 2: Though, twice a week, so you're really legit a bowler.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Me and Savvy Third. Me and Savy Third actually planning on doing a bowling event and that's fire and bringing people out so we could take some bowling face.
Speaker 2: Wiz is a good bowler.
Speaker 1: Oh shout out to Wiz. I fuck with dude too. I don't think nobody can fuck with me on this bowling ship though. I'm calling you out. I'm calling you out, Savvy, I'm calling you out. Who else said they can bowl? What's what's the hommy name that made he had that hot song? Uh, blessed the bottle.
Speaker 2: Oh, bless the bottle? Whose song was that?
Speaker 1: Damn? Forget me because I know your you know, I know your name, Broro. I'm just tripping right now. But he cold. But I'm calling him out to anybody who wanted in this bowling ship YG Nelly, I just was in. I was in Saint Louis bowling with Nelly in them a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: That's a bottle radio base in Cali radio base.
Speaker 1: He cold with the bowling ship. But I'm calling you out, bro, Nelly, Wizz savvy radio, YG Ship Mustard, all.
Speaker 2: Y'all niggas bowl ot.
Speaker 1: That's my big bro right there. I need that bowling fade.
Speaker 2: When he's not breaking people's shoulders. In San Diego, you know I was out there right everybody from LA was out there.
Speaker 1: We had the festival. Yeah, yeah, shout out the chef Man chef Fest. That shit went up. Yeah. No.
Speaker 2: I was at the club with Wiz and I left.
Speaker 1: That's where they was at trying to get in.
Speaker 2: I was at I was at park with Wiz and then left and then I got to the hotel. I woke up at like maybe five six in the morning whatever, and I saw that ship on my fucking profile page or whatever. I was like, what the win did this happen?
Speaker 1: I was there? Yeah, what the fuck? See, I was going over there, but Shorty Shorty had some ship. He was at the OWL, so I had stopped there first. Yeah, and by the time I left from where Shorty shit was at, that ship had already happened. Shout out to a.
Speaker 2: D Man, Shout to ad mana ad.
Speaker 1: Shout out to t Real, Shout out to uh ship, all the homies that all the homies that's doing their podcast shit killing because them niggas be looking all y'all be looking out for me.
Speaker 2: For sure. There was a great guys ad is a great guy man shot at him and pun and out in ot. I had them come to my pizza shop opening and I just told the ad I'm like, yo, keep your fucking shirt on the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you know, like a lot of these dudes I knew like before I did music, feel me so now that I'm doing something positive, it's like a full circle moment. Like that's tho dub like bro love dub Man Bro, that's though tatted my whole chest when I was eighteen. Really yeah, yeah, that's tho. He was the man with the tattoo gun.
Speaker 2: No, I know he did tattoos. So he gave you he blast, did you in your eighteen.
Speaker 1: Last of my chest? When I was eighteen, a D brother, I, me and a D brother fit. We was actually real close before he ended up going to jail. He got out there, he doing like gospel rapping shit. He dope.
Speaker 2: That's dope man.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so it'd be like full circle moments that I that I love, Like I met Joe Moses at a D brother house probably when I was like fourteen.
Speaker 2: Fucking crazy when you were a kid, you met Joe Moses. Yeah yeah, you know they always talk about how like Joe Moses and Ad like they've known each other since like AD was a fucking kid essentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's fact.
Speaker 2: So that's dope man. Shout to Joe.
Speaker 1: Like all the people that you see me fucking with most of the time, I knew them like savvy third Like me and Bro stayed like next door to each other basically when I stayed in the Lone Beach. So it's like all this shit is just it's like I didn't know what I was doing when I was just running the streets, but it all ended up making a sense, making sense.
Speaker 2: Full circle moments.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well look, you got a ton of music on the way. Like you said, you just drop a Mazi. Who else was on the record?
Speaker 1: You say, Mazi on BPS on BPZ. That's right, yep. I got one that's out with them joints. It's called Bondage. I got Frider Days out, Guidance out, I got I swear out, I got a I got a song called uc that's really like the new Summer anthem right now. You gotta check that shit out.
Speaker 2: And tons of music on the way with some of the biggest artists on the planet. Fact big records coming. Man, appreciate you pulling up. We're gonna do a little freestyle to so to be able to check that out. Man, Wally, the Sans appreciate you, brother. Let's get it, yes, sir, Fire