Speaker 1: Now let's get to the NBA Finals, where the Pacers stole Game one against the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Pacers were down by fifteen with a little over nine minutes in the fourth quarter, nine minutes left in the fourth quarter and managed to take a one point league courtesy of this late bucket from Tyrese Halliburton with zero point three seconds left.
Speaker 2: And talk about an improbable victory.
Speaker 1: The Pacers became the first team to win an NBA Finals game win trailing by at least nine points in the final three minutes.
Speaker 2: Of the game, all other teams with zero and one eighty two.
Speaker 1: In addition to that, the Pacers have a five and three record this postseason. Went trailing by fifteen or more points, Ladies and gentlemen, I was surprised.
Speaker 2: By the comeback.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that Tyrese Halliburton, he's a young rising star in this league. I don't label him a superstar because for me, a superstar is somebody that's the number one option that carries the load, that is the face of a franchise from start to finish, and you know they have that level of responsibility on their shoulders. The Indiana Pacers are a collection of really really good parts that could end up winning an NBA championship. Shay Gil Just Alexander was sensational last night with thirty eight points, but not when it counted. That was Tyrese Halliburton who was not good. He was jittery and shaky, looked like a DNA a lights in the first half. Through the third quarter he wasn't much better. But then as the game waned, he came on and let you know that his presence needed to be felt. Nemhard really showed up and showed out and created shots for himself and did some things.
Speaker 2: Nie Smith made sure he was formidable as well.
Speaker 1: Even Myles Turner hit a bank shot three, Pascal Siakam hit a corner three from the right. You know, the Pacers were ten of sixteen from on corner threes last night in game one.
Speaker 2: Give credit where credit is due. They came back.
Speaker 1: They scored sixty six points in the second half on better than fifty percent shooting against the number one defense in the NBA. That's saying something. Solahoma City, who has a problem closing out close games. Their record is underfivinger like three and six when you know within three point games, you know, droughing the regular season and one and four in the playoffs. This is who they are. This is who Oklahoma City has been. And so Shaye Gilgers Alexander's gonna have to be that superstar at League MVP Jalen Williams is gonna have to show up and help them. If you get average twenty two points a game or forty nine percent shooter from the field forty six percent shooter from three point range in the conference finals, you can damn sure do it in the NBA Finals against Indiana. Oklahoma City is in a tough matchup now, and I couldn't be happier because walking into the finals, I had Oklahoma City in six.
Speaker 2: I still have Oklahoma and the City in six. But a lot of.
Speaker 1: People believed that the Pacers could get swept. I never believed that. I believe the Pacers were good to win two games, possibly even force a game seven. But I knew they would have to win game one to have a chance to do that because I don't see OKC losing Game two. And I think that if they had gone back to Indiana or going to Indiana the games three.
Speaker 2: And four up to oh in the series.
Speaker 1: Of this NBA Finals, I think that Indiana would have been in trouble. But now that Indiana has won, Oklahoma City's gotta get its stuff right, and I think that's gonna make things very interesting.
Speaker 2: So I'm happy I got a good finals. That's what I'm happy about.
Speaker 1: I'm happy that the Indiana paces has showing the basketball world this is a series to pay attention to, because don't think for one second that they can't beat OKC.
Speaker 2: I like this. I like this.