Speaker 1: Hey everybody. Thanks watching this week's episode. We want to promote where you can see us. For tickets, go to Joe Gatto official dot com. To see all my door dates.
Speaker 2: For Steve's go to punch Up dot Live backslash Steve hyphen Burn.
Speaker 1: That's beat y r I need. He makes it super easy to find him. And now onto the episode. Wear a ticket.
Speaker 2: Who's coming that we can get eat with it?
Speaker 3: Hey everybody, I'm Joe Gado and that's Steve Burn and we are the two cool moms. Thank you for tuning in to our newest episode. Stevie, you have some issues with your shirt you ordered.
Speaker 2: You say, what color do you think it is? I would say your shirt is, uh purple lavender?
Speaker 1: Lavender? Yeah, it was not even purple. Yeah, it was alf purp.
Speaker 4: I ordered a pink one, that's something, and it came back this. I forget what the company is called.
Speaker 2: It's called colorblind dot org. You can't read that, right, I can't read that.
Speaker 5: But it's like a pricey It's like a little price heer.
Speaker 1: I will say this is nice. I like it.
Speaker 4: It's a nice sweatshirt, but it's not the color I ordered, nor is it a color I normally would wear.
Speaker 1: And here's why, because it washes you out. It washes me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a terrible color for you would look it on me though, So when you're done with it at this episode, do you want to take it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take that shirt for real. For sure. It looks comfy. It's a good color for me. For you, it doesn't. It doesn't do you any favors. Jesus. I'm not saying you look bad. I've seen you look better. It's all I'm saying, Stevie, and I'm gonna shoot you. Strength is That's how I do. Okay, Oh I know? And the hero she mat too soon. This alphant has got a lot of misses.
Speaker 6: I love you, buddy. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I'll go get my Holocaust Shiller's list hat on it. I got. I got a two strip that says, you see my T shirt.
Speaker 5: I'm a grown man. I do what my dog wants.
Speaker 1: Get it. Yeah, he's a Christmas gift. Well you are how many dogs you up to? Right now?
Speaker 2: We got twelve of them in the hood. Right now, we've got twelve of us. Well that's lower, Well, no, twelve of ours. And then oh for us actually out out to adopt only we're down to nine right now. We've crushed it.
Speaker 1: Gattops, how many? How many have you? How many have you saved? We just did the numbers.
Speaker 6: We just ran the numbers.
Speaker 1: We had our big we had our big holiday Pawtye, and we ran the numbers while we did our little toast. We have saved one hundred and ninety six dogs come since inception, one hundred and thirty four have been adopted out to homes. Wow. The other ones either ended up as a.
Speaker 2: Ghatto pupp or had passed on and we gave a hospice situation at our house, or we're unable to say, but we gave it a good shot.
Speaker 1: So two hundred lives, two hundred lives have gone. You've changed for the better, for the better. Congratulate that, which is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Ghetto Pups is still running strong, Gatto Pups and Friends dot com.
Speaker 1: That's it. You got it going, got a little going.
Speaker 2: This year, we're gonna try to do some big things here, try to do some bigger things this year. We're going to figure out some other ways to make it keep going and growing. Because Bessie's just doing a great job with it, and we've been having so much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's become a real part of the fam, real part of the real part of the mission of being a Gatto.
Speaker 4: I think, how did you get into just curious? How did you, like, when did you nurture like your appreciation and love for dogs?
Speaker 1: When did that happen?
Speaker 2: I think through Bessie, Like, so, we got Biscotti, our first rescue ten years ago, and I think that was a big thing for me when we realized how much a rescue dog happens.
Speaker 1: That is. Yeah, I think that's the one of Piscotti. Yeah, that's Piscotti. There, that's Piscotti.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Scotti is one of our little uh, our first rescue, our sweetest one. My up tied for my favorite dog. I go back and forth between Hern's Pomoni. Yeah in the picture right, Yeah, they're they're in the photo there, that's right. So there's a photo here if you'l watching on YouTube, there's a photo of me and my two pups. And that got drawn by a fan, which I love. I get a lot of I get a lot of fan art. This one's actually good. A lot of it is ship but that's a nice.
Speaker 1: One I get. I get so much people terrible I drew, Oh that's what I look like.
Speaker 4: You really genuinely get a ton of gifts I do, which is rich is very sweetier fans.
Speaker 2: I don't mind. Listen the moment of the handing off the gether. I always think it's so nice and I appreciate that someone to think of you.
Speaker 1: Right. For me, it's when I see what people think I look like and it's like, oh, I look like that, and then it's like or reflex like, oh do I really look like that? I need to get to the gym.
Speaker 4: But if you want to feel bad about yourself, ask a child to draw you, and they'll trud they'll accentuate the worst parts of you.
Speaker 2: My son draws a jelly bean family, like you know, he's a jelly bean aproached to it. You circle with legs and arms and a smile, right as my son does. And the I'm always six to seven times bigger than any other.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need three more pieces of paper.
Speaker 2: Except he drew Uncle Vinnie. Once he drew Uncle VINNI wants right my brother in law, Vinnie, you know, Big Vin.
Speaker 6: And it was.
Speaker 2: Hysterical, how big venue was everything else? Yeah, but uh, I do like I do get a lot of fan art. I do have gotten some great dog stuff. I've gotten some really, my office is filled with a lot of great fans stuff I've got to meet and greets and whatnot.
Speaker 1: I think it's really cool.
Speaker 4: What's one of the odder more eccentric pieces or something?
Speaker 2: So I framed it a woman I had posted a photo of me and my kids a selfie photo on my Instagram, and she did it with shiny beads. She recreated the photo with shiny beads, really, and it was unreal.
Speaker 1: I actually got it from her. It took her forever. She shared the story and I was.
Speaker 2: So sweet and I was like, wow, they take all the time to do this, and it was like, it's unlike anything I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Real. It's me and my two kids in the shiny bead art that I framed in a tanging in my office. It's heavy, it's nice. Yeah, that's pretty sick. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Also a little scary, a little bit little.
Speaker 1: It has the same blood type as me. It was cool.
Speaker 4: It was good to go back. So Bessie got you involved with the dogs. Yes, and then you guys both is that something that a bond was just another asset to the relationship between you and Bessie where it's like, let's foster this part of our relationship.
Speaker 2: Literally were literally her dream and literally I was like, okay, am I, I'm going to dive in and support this thing.
Speaker 1: So we we we.
Speaker 2: Did it, and I was like it really was like just such. She feels like it speaks to our heart. It's her mission, it's her purpose, right, and you know when you love somebody and you want to support them, like it's like a right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's funny. We make jokes. You know, it's very expensive because they're old.
Speaker 2: And I always say, I gotta go to work for the dogs, you know, like that's what we do. Like holcome when she'd be like, hey, we just found this one and it needs a surgery. We have one dog that we spent over thirty grand on to save, which is real crazy, yeah, and lives with us.
Speaker 1: It is one of our pack now. Because you know, it's French fry. Because you're pretty cut and dry kind of guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you seem like you know, you know, but to know that you would go the extra distance thirty grand on a dog.
Speaker 1: I mean that's yeah, yeah, I was like this better limp.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's it is. You know, we get a lot of support from the community, which is good. You know, a lot of people kick in. We've got a great network of volunteers. We do a lot of things right. But it's like it's senior dog is like no joke. It's like, you know, these things, you get them and messed up situate. Most of them are abandoned because people can't afford to fix them or help them. Yeah, you know, so you get these dogs coming in the door, which are you know, got the limp or the tooth or the tongue of.
Speaker 1: The cancer, and you're like trying to help them. They're not pretty. They're not going to Westminster.
Speaker 2: They're not Westminster there, they're there east they're Eastminster.
Speaker 1: They're from the other side of the track, you know.
Speaker 2: But they're you know, they get in the We get a lot that they like the vets are like all this dog ones got a couple of months and then they get in a loving home and these sons of bitches they just come back to life and they're like like puppies again and they live longer, and so it's interesting. But we've been doing great with a lot of homes, a lot of people you know, coming into UH to help us with with adoptions. It's been really great that they have rewarding years. Bestially literally broke into tears two days ago because she got a picture an update from somebody about the daughter cuddling this dog. That what we had was like on its way out and gotten into a loving home. We had helped rehabilitate it. We had to remove an eye, and it was so sweet that she sees this little girl cuddling her dog. And she started crying, and I was like, this is why we do it. You know, it's unbelievable. So's yeah, it's really really cool. And uh, you know, I love dogs.
Speaker 1: And now my dogs that we are getting old, you know, they're older now.
Speaker 2: But Scotty, my girl, we got her one and a half, she's ten and she can't get up on the bed anymore. You know, I'm gonna have to like lose her and it's gonna be like, ah, so gut wrenching, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because uh, BEMONI went on the road. Money comes on the road.
Speaker 6: With me and my little girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's my littlest she I adopted her on the road. She's eight now, she got some she got some time left. She's any dog, so she'll be around in like a little monster. She'll be a little goblin. You know, we have a seventeen year old at our house, Mocha. We had a sweet sixteen for her life. Can I guess something comes out in the middle of the night you come downstairs.
Speaker 1: You know the power of price compel. You're like one of those I swear to God that thing is you.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we talked about this last time, but there was there was a moment where, oh, I came out for your book, ready for your book read, and because of where, because of where we were, you said, you know it, just stay at my house.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: And I was like, okay, great, and you're you have a gorgeous home and your family's fantastic and your kids are so sweet. Light comes, and it comes anytime you hear this many compliments like.
Speaker 1: Knock. You go, okay, we're going to put you in this guest bedroom.
Speaker 4: I go, okay, great, and it's a beautiful guest bedroom and it's right next to the bar, which I appreciate.
Speaker 1: You're like, now just so you know, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, oh God, here we go.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 5: You go, Uh, there's a like a kettle underneath your.
Speaker 4: The rescue is in the basement are sanctuary, and you're right above two dogs, and you're gonna hear something that you've never heard anything. You're like, the dog, it's gonna sound demonic, it's gonna sound like not a dog.
Speaker 1: You're the house is not possessed.
Speaker 4: Just you know, you're gonna hear it like six in the morning, seven in the morning. So I was like okay, and I'm thinking, okay, this is hilarious.
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 1: The fellows then.
Speaker 4: Here, like what the fuck is that? Like what you said couldn't even prepare me for what the what noise is that? Because it's I've never by the way, not even a dog, like an animal.
Speaker 5: I've never heard that in my Like.
Speaker 4: Like no, Sperato should have like they should have recorded it and used it in ar It was unlike anything I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: And we had a dog at that point that was making some that had a very weird and distinct bark that was its part.
Speaker 1: That's Quo quota the park. Yeah, that was living under you at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we have since re home that when that one got at home, so that one got a home.
Speaker 6: They all get anything.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh you get a home, you get home.
Speaker 4: An if that dog can get a home, anything is possible.
Speaker 5: Who adopted it, like Lucifer, like is crazy.
Speaker 1: It's living in Transylvania. A beautiful name.
Speaker 2: Man named van helsing it in No. But it's funny because like you'll get some of those dogs like that. But at feeding time, the house gets very loud, which is interesting. Yeah, and the downstairs when the volunteers come in to feed are the people that work with our We have some wonderful women that work with our rescue that come in to help feed and you know, do it all. You'll hear the downstairs in the mornings. My kids are such good sleepers, thank goodness.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's out of necessity, it's just because.
Speaker 4: Pretty interesting that that they're gonna have that upbringing with all those dogs and they're just gonna kind of become.
Speaker 2: I said to my daughter, we talked about it all the time. I was like, I was like, you know, this is gonna be your thing. You know, when mom and Daddy go, you're gonna have.
Speaker 1: All these dogs and she's like, you know, I have some friends that only have one dog. Only She's like, only have one dog. You know. It's it's interesting to see that.
Speaker 2: But as our dogs start to dwindle, as they get older, you know, eventually our pack upstairs at the Ghatto pups is gonna start lower, and it's gonna be interesting to see what that's like that only have It's crazy to say, but to only have six dogs, that'd be half the amount of dogs I.
Speaker 1: Have, right, you know, which is nuts.
Speaker 4: But it is interesting because in my Facebook feed, just the algorithm knows that I will watch, like, you know.
Speaker 5: We met this puppy on the side of the road, and then it's a Dodo.
Speaker 4: Dodo, yeah, Dodo, Yeah, So I follow Dodo and it's just all these great animal videos and I'd say half of them are like wounded or like neglected dogs that you see the personality change and you see what love can do it to an animal, and it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: In order a human order a human yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: You see some of these despicable humans and they get a dog. And if everyone don't shows them love and it's so interesting, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the other way. I mean, look, my brother came back from Iraq.
Speaker 4: Definitely affected with PTSD and got a dog named Cracker. And Cracker, I would say single handily changed his life may percent.
Speaker 1: And he would attest to it too. Yeah, And Cracker.
Speaker 4: Passed away two years ago and my brother, you know, it definitely affected him and he's waiting to get another dog wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know I put you guys in touch with each other, but now but he is, uh yeah, it really did turn him around. Absolutely, he was a lot more, you know, because I think that a lot of things is like in the nature of those guys, they they just kind of they get super introverted. They stay sheltered because they know they're going to be safe. Yeah, in this particular environment wherever they're staying. And then having that dog force my brother to get out and take walks and get some sunshine, get some vitamin D.
Speaker 2: The bottom line is like nothing is happy to see you as a dolt, Like you can't deny the fact that thing doesn't care about anything and just as happy to see you like that changes your you know, your persona instantly, like even if like you're in the worst mood or whatever happens, that dog comes up, Yeah, you know, you'll just have them. I remember when I got separated with Bessie. I remember I was living alone and before I decided to take the two dogs with me. Bescotty Spimoni lives with me. That's why I'm so tight with them too. It was like completely changing experience.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't I was.
Speaker 2: Having fun, but I would say, wow, it was like such a different thing that I have to exactly like get up, get out, go take them outside, you know, and just feel like, oh my god, I have a little bit of a purpose or like just start smiling and playing with them or whatever, you know.
Speaker 1: So it does for sure change it, so I could.
Speaker 2: I can't recommend more adopting a dog and bringing a dog in your home if you don't have them.
Speaker 4: Well, it's great work that you and best do. And if people want to get what is it.
Speaker 2: Ghatto Pups and Friends dot com or at Ghatto Pups and Friends on Instagram and A and D not a n D.
Speaker 1: You're not the fancy what's that called? Don't know what that's called? You do know it's called an amber stand. What is it called amber Stan, Amber Alert? Amber Nobler is very different? Okay, umper stand. You know I knew something you didn't know, and you're a reader. I use it all the time. And I'm a reader and you're a reader. Yeah, I don't even use readers. What's one of the most famous amber stands? I have a Crombie and Fitch. I was thinking something like biblical. Okay, shall we get to work. Let's get to work, baby, let's do you know what we do here is we help people as best we can. We always do by giving some advice.
Speaker 2: You can send in your your queries and your your your things that you need us to solve for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I only do have to work. You're helping humans and animals.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what will help everybody? If a dog road in, we'd help them. So it's at cool Mom's pod on Instagram.
Speaker 4: You canmit there or to cool Mom's Pod at gmail dot com. You could email us your queries, you could email us questions. You could send a video of.
Speaker 2: You as we do the talk We do the talkback feature too, now right on the my heart feature.
Speaker 1: Right, So, what's the talk to tell them about it.
Speaker 7: So, if you're on the iHeartRadio app, you click the little microphone in the corner and then you can send a message. It's like a VOICEMAILO.
Speaker 1: I know, so thanky cool, we are so fancy. I love the iHeart family. Yeah, all right, let's get some questions. What do you got for us? All right? This one comes from Lauren and be edny nicer. Impossible. It makes me sick. This one comes from Lauren. Hi, It's Laura. I need wise input help.
Speaker 7: I've been on my own, working and traveling for about three years now. I'm moving back to my home state for grad school next year. I'm a teacher and twenty six years old. Wondering if I should move back in with my parents to save money or suffer financially, to have stable mental health and continue living alone. Side note, my boyfriend lives alone, so I feel bad constantly using his place to get together. Please give me some of your advice. Love you, mommy. Since day one.
Speaker 1: What's her name again? Lauren?
Speaker 4: I love Lauren. I love the fact that she got that experience right. She sounds independent and so I would not move back in with your folks. It's almost kind of like you're you're going back, keep going forward, keep pushing forward. And that's so cool that she doesn't want to infringe upon her boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, you could you could just you could, you could disseminate a lot of good stuff about Laura.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like I like her out of the gates.
Speaker 4: She's she's she's on a great trajectory and she wants to She's being respectful to her boyfriend, being respectful to herself with her parents, and being respectful to her parents. I think she's just got She just sounds like she got a great head.
Speaker 1: She dropped a little mental health thing in that I guess sounded felt like a little bit of a dig to the parents. That's true. But that's what that's what you heard. That heard the little team pockup, ready ready to pour some tea? There are we pull it off? Pull it off there?
Speaker 6: Too hot?
Speaker 1: Yeah it's a little too hot there, too hot, too hot? Too hot?
Speaker 6: Baby?
Speaker 1: Uh, you know she wants to She don't want to pull a pole abduls. She don't want to take two steps forwards. She wants to take two steps back.
Speaker 2: She wants to go right back in her own spot, and I think, you know what, she needs to be a DJ sassy cat.
Speaker 1: What's his name, j Scotcat, s got cat. She wants to pull a scot Cat here. What I would say is definitely live on your own, for sure, you know, but maybe let's uh take it easy on the parents. They're just trying to help a little bit. You don't have to talk about the mental health here.
Speaker 5: The fact that they're opening your house.
Speaker 1: Is that's nice to them. They're doing it to be controlling. We don't know this.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get into it either, but I would definitely I think there's always so much there is progression to that.
Speaker 1: Look you're talking to a guy. I moved back home.
Speaker 2: I was living in mommy's basement for a while, and I will say that it probably.
Speaker 1: Inhibited my freedom.
Speaker 2: I remember when I moved out finally, I was like, oh, this is unbelievable to me out on your own and do that. So I will say I did move back in after I was moving it lived out on my own, and I did feel like a heavy, like, uugh, this isn't good. So I would definitely say stay out and about and well, you know what, then you can entertain your boy at your place, which is so nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think in terms of like mental health, you know, everybody's dealing with issues, right, Everybody's got things they need to and what better time to do it than when you can reflect on your own and have your own space to do that in. And whether you move in with your folks or whether you do it five years or whatever, you're going to have to do it eventually. Sure to just get to it now and develop all those resources and be dependent on yourself, you'll.
Speaker 2: Make it work better on you exactly. Yeah, that's what I would say, bet on you for sure. How old do you when you moved out? You moved across country at a young bucket? What twenty one, twenty two.
Speaker 4: Twenty two out of Ohio, went to New York, stay with my folks for maybe four or five months, and then I got a place on twentieth in dit Mars.
Speaker 1: Nice roomy.
Speaker 4: Yes, I had a roommate, first roommate who was it Nicky? Her name was Nicky? Uh romantical or just a situation, just a she was. She was just my roommatemate. And then things happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Johnny Walker knocked on the door, and then so you saw it was just a room and then she moved down.
Speaker 1: How did you how did you find? Do you not want at this? It's fine, it is what it is. How did you find? Okay, what do you.
Speaker 6: Want to hear?
Speaker 1: She was pretty hot? She was pretty hot? Yeah, So what happened with uh? How did you find her? To start? Though?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 4: We were working together at a perfect so Caroline's Comedy Club. I was working there as a as a greeter, like a you know, ye whatever, the host, and she worked upstairs a comedy Nation, which was the restaurant that's now Junior's Cheesecakes, and Caroline has gone now too, it's now like a ping pong thing. But I worked down there and she worked upstairs, and we got to know each other.
Speaker 1: She seemed super cool.
Speaker 2: So then you moved in with you see the same thing happened with me and our good friend Justin in California.
Speaker 6: You guys, uh, very well, you know what.
Speaker 1: We don't talk about it.
Speaker 2: I don't think of it, but me and Justin we worked together and became roommates.
Speaker 1: I think that's a big thing in life. Like you're like you end up work like, hey, you need a roommate. I need a roommate. We're both struggling. Let's get together, you know.
Speaker 4: And by the way, one of the coolest dudes I've ever remember, I say, the coolest dude I know. Just a great, great hang. There's some people you meet instantly go oh, this dude's cool. Yes, this dude's cool.
Speaker 1: I like him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a great hang. And what how fortunate are you to have met somebody like that out of the gates in l A right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in LA friend for life, friend for life man, one of the best.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think that's a situation. Well, maybe you could find maybe she could find a roommate. She got someone she works with, and it'll help these the bills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I should bring up with the boyfriend. H Well, I hope that helped. I think that felt that felt good. That felt good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would say stay we're on the same page. I would say, stay on your own.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The next one comes from RJ, Hi, Joe and Steve and Jiggy. I guess we'll just throw you in there too, and Andrew.
Speaker 6: Thanks r J.
Speaker 7: I have a relationship quandary I've been having for years. My wife thirty and I he's thirty one, got married last year, and we're still discussing the topic of our last names. She doesn't want to take my last name, which is fine, but when we eventually have kids, we both agree that we want our whole family unit to share a last name. To complicate the matter, I'm the only male left on my side of the family able to carry on the last name, and she only has sisters, so she's in a similar boat. Do we hyphenate them, pick the cooler one, make up our own, help me cool moms, you're our only hope.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Wow, what's the name again? J rjj RJ's in.
Speaker 4: A tough boat because I'm actually the last burn. So I was like, if I don't have a son, it's over right.
Speaker 1: Same deal, are you really? Yeah? Wow? And you got you got Remo? Yeah? Sorry, yeah, but you got Remo. Yeah. I didn't know if I was able to say the name or whatever, my son's name. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, No, it's not he's not he's not Baltimore. If you say three times, will pop out from behind that planet with a calculator.
Speaker 1: Got I do your taxes? No, that's that's that's interesting. That's a tough boy. I wonder why.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Look, tradition says, Tradition says, you got to go with the guy's name. I will say this, making up a new name's bullshit. I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not I you know, you leave it to a coin flip. I mean you let fate decide somehow.
Speaker 1: Maybe. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you maybe when you name the kid, you see what sounds like a better last name. Making up a new name is is tough, I think, because then you lose both of you.
Speaker 4: I don't like the hyphenated thing, you know what, you know what we and I just did this just to do it.
Speaker 1: Her main names the middle name, Yeah, it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Say my because my nickname for my wife is Jansen. I was going, hey, Jansen, Jansen. And so one time we shoot, we were out with her sister Lawn and she's like, would you call her Jansen?
Speaker 1: She and she started laughing. She's like, that's pretty awesome. So I call her Janssen. So our daughter. The middle name is her mom's maiden name. That's I like that. Yeah, I think you put the the loser of the name goes as the middle name.
Speaker 2: When you guys pick one, I would just put the middle in the middle, because the middle name is wasted anyway, the hyphenated.
Speaker 1: It's not like that.
Speaker 4: I don't like look the guy's name is. I'm just a traditionalist. I like tradition and I think that you know, if.
Speaker 1: I canna blame, I would say, I would say, the grandfather fucked up. You only had daughters. That's not on you.
Speaker 5: Shot Zil in the water.
Speaker 1: The name's dead. You gotta live with that man.
Speaker 6: That's it goes with you.
Speaker 2: Uh No, I would say I. I would think that's a nice way to do it. It's like put the the middle name as the as the last name, but the girls.
Speaker 5: You're you're going in between though. I'm staying with the girls.
Speaker 4: Uh oh, you say the girl, I say, the wives name is the boy name, and the boy gets that because that's tradition. And it's like, okay, so she's got sisters, she's got sister. Are they in the same dilemma?
Speaker 1: I bet not. Ah, they might have a boy there to carry it on or not. Yeah, yeah, interesting, Okay, Well, I think I think I can see only so far that to me would be and that's what I love about you. You a line in the sand kind of fella, and that's all you're gonna put right there. Then you get this DP bitch sorry, wow, sniffery, snip. What's your pronouns?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 1: Say it? You know you want to fuck her? All right, so I'll take all that out. Yeah, So I would say, use.
Speaker 5: The middle phone answer dong wang, we gotta feed you lunch.
Speaker 4: The last thing, the last thing anybody thinks about anythink about Dix's Asians is the two worst.
Speaker 1: Wang. Sorry, Okay, we're way off course here, gotcha.
Speaker 2: I would say take the middle use that middle name slot and and put put somebody's last name in there.
Speaker 1: That's what I was, all right, Cool, we solved it. Let's solve that one. Good luck to them, though. That'sms like a tough one. I feel like there's not gonna be a winter in that situation too. R J, your wife sounds like a cunt? Do we cut that up?
Speaker 2: That's what that's a clip, that's that's that's the RJ's wife is is the name of the episode. God, alright, so you could just use that little.
Speaker 1: I don't even know all the good stuff.
Speaker 5: This is the stuff we cut is always the funniest.
Speaker 1: It's always the funniest. Okay, we'll keep it. I love the you see that Hollo Oat song.
Speaker 4: There's a guy in a studio, he's playing eight different instruments and it's the one dent D D D den it then it D and he goes, you're a cunt.
Speaker 1: I love that video. That video makes me so happy. It is because it's the it's the song. The song has that little riff in it and then there's that little he just says it. It's so perfect. It's such a great video. Well, I'll get you that as a T shirt for all right, we got to talk for another one. Let's say it.
Speaker 7: Okay, this one's pretty juicy. It comes from Live and she says, my boyfriend broke up with me after over a year. He completely blindsided me. I thought we were hanging out, but he came to say he was done with me and that he had trash bags.
Speaker 1: Of my stuff from his place.
Speaker 7: Two reasons for breaking up with me were one, he didn't like the man he became because he got fatter, became worse with his money because he spent too much on me, which wasn't my fault that he bought me things. He didn't hang out with his friends as much. Again, not my fault, et cetera. And number two, he felt a relationship with disproportionate. I am emotional and know how to communicate and ask for help. He is the opposite. He gave me things to be mindful of. A month before the breakup. I worked on these things. He was so impressed with how well I'd worked on them. But then two weeks later he broke up with me for entirely different reasons.
Speaker 1: What should I do? Oh, my goodness, Wow, you say juicy.
Speaker 4: I want both of us to go outside, get our pants on, pull him up. It says juicy, juicy, and we read them and then we sit down. Jesus is very juicy. This episode should be called detail.
Speaker 5: My God, there's a lot here.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, lot. Well, your stuff's in the trash. That's what I want to tell it. Take to talk to put it in bad He's just throwing trash bags. He got you out quick.
Speaker 2: He didn't want to deal with any of it, so I just throw it all in this I will say he did you a favor. From my point of view, it seems like he emptied it all for you. He gave you stuff to work on and you did that, and then there was other problems. It seems like there's just a lot of problems in this relationship. So I would say accept it and move forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, obviously there's always two sides to the trash bag. There's a recycling bent and there's the trash bag.
Speaker 4: By the way to your point, like that's there's there's like, right, you could put it in a hamper, You could put it.
Speaker 1: You could. Yeah, when it's in a trash bag, it means did he nodded, even kno rip ripped it up violently? That says a lot.
Speaker 5: And then to hear like he got fat and blaming, it's like, what that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't like the person I becod.
Speaker 5: I mean at your fuck God, Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 2: She did it does seem like, I will say Devil's advocate a little bit. She's not thinking any responsibility for anything though, and what we're going there's a reason why he broke up with you, right, And she's like, he didn't like the many became not my fault, he didn't need, he didn't spend it like he was it money not my faulty bought me all this stuff, like it's always just literally saying like okay, well like you did so something went wrong, Like you know, it's not all it's not built up out of no way.
Speaker 4: Feeding him, it's like she's pulled out a trough and like filling it with cool range doritos and go eat you pig. Like he's making his own decisions. But then he's blaming her for getting fat, right that.
Speaker 1: One of that one, I'm not with him. Not my fault. I get it that.
Speaker 2: I understand he's buying me nice things, not my fault, Like you know, okay, a lot of not my faults coming at me, And I'm saying she could be the San Andreas a little bit.
Speaker 1: Some of it could read fault, not my fault, some of it is. Some of it something's got to be our fault.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, look, there's probably a warning flair there hearing not my fault, not my fault, What is your fault?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Because then she's saying a lot of stuff came at me that was you know that he asked me to work on this. Other stuff came out of nowhere. So kind of it seems like he just wanted out of the relationship too well, he couldn't wait to throw that.
Speaker 4: Stuff communicated to her. Yeah, things that he didn't appreciate. It doesn't sound like maybe she was accountable for him, or maybe she was.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: She said she fixed them those things, yeah, but he didn't give her these other ones. So that just makes me sound like he just wanted out. Anyway, He gave you stuff to work on, you fix them, and according to you, not according to him, but you said you fixed them. But then I guess, you know what, To be fair, she did fix them, because he's not. He's not pointing to them when he's bringing up with her. He's pointing at different things now, So it just sounds like he's grabbing at anything.
Speaker 1: Just he wants you out. He wants to put you into trash.
Speaker 2: And he did that physically and mentally and emotionally. And yeah, yeah, so that he just wanted out. So I would say, it's just don't try to salvage it.
Speaker 1: It's over. Move on.
Speaker 4: Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, they were, they were in it a year. They were in it a year. Yeah, that's all year. I mean three or sixty five. You get that back.
Speaker 4: I know, it sounds like a lot, right, But they say it's I think the grieving process is one week for every month, really is what I've heard, So twelve weeks, growth weeks, three months over it. But I think that's also like, is what what's the science behind that?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah, who knows. I don't know. You could get mathematical with it like that. That's what I've read. Of course, you read it, we get it. You read Did you watch the documentary about it too?
Speaker 6: Or no?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You probably did, right, the documented the science of the breakup? Did you write say that's directed by John Polm. I would, yeah, I would think. I think you're fine, right, I think you move on from it. He's hurtful, you get out, you're gonna get throw it though.
Speaker 4: She seems cool, like again you can glean things from very detailed that there's a lot coming at us, at us, but she's also like I think she's setting the foundation for like, hey make an educated choice.
Speaker 1: Here here's the situation. And yeah, if it's a year, it's like nothing, it's really nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it sounds it's so easy to say that to people, right, but you got so much road ahead.
Speaker 6: For sure, time for one more of another quick one?
Speaker 1: You got, you got? You got a mini one over there? Yes, okay, give us give us not not as juicy steak, Give us a tidbit.
Speaker 6: Will you give us a skewer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, give us an app?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: This one's pretty Yeah, well you could. You could also just make one up if you want. I can't do that. I mean we can. If you don't have one, we can just make one up.
Speaker 7: This one sounds good. Okay, it's from Tyler. This one's a kabab. I say it's a veggie. It's not juicy, but you know what, it's still good healthy. This one's from Tyler. What advice do you have for a newly engaged couple.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't talk to anybody about it. Make all your own decisions.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear so much unsolicited advice and bullshit about it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna spend that much on the wedding. You should buy a house.
Speaker 2: But just shut up everybody and let us enjoy ourselves for this one year we have before we're gonna be hitched together and my train is locked to you and we're just going through the road of life.
Speaker 1: And you don't know there's gonna be ice storms, it's gonna be rough road, could be sunshine. You don't know. Enjoy this moment because the rest of it is bullshit.
Speaker 2: A second, I would say, you got two people out. That was the number one thing I would say about engage with.
Speaker 1: Just tune people out. Enjoy your own journey. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, By the way, that's great advice because you're gonna you're gonna ask people for things and then people are unsolicited gonna tell you things.
Speaker 1: You need to do this. You have to get that Oh, talk to that guy. You're gonna love this.
Speaker 4: It's just like do it makes you happy. Yeah, yeah, And I would say get to the butt stuff quick.
Speaker 1: Quick quick? Why wait, you know you earned it. I would say this too. This is something else I would say. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I will say treat it as a time. You enjoy it, don't treat it like a job. A lot of people get engaged like, okay, we gotta do this.
Speaker 1: Look, we all know this to do.
Speaker 2: You got to plan this, do this, you know, deal with the family dramas of integrating and whatnot. But I will say, there's supposed to be an enjoyment to the engagement. There's supposed to be you should be focusing on, Wow, I found my person, I'm in love.
Speaker 1: This is great. We're gonna start our journey together in our next chapter.
Speaker 2: Definitely revel in that and don't get caught up in the in the administrative stuff that comes with engagement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think if I it's interesting to say that because I've looked back on my marriage.
Speaker 1: A handful of times, like the actual wedding.
Speaker 4: Itself, and I don't think I ever gave myself enough time to really enjoy it because everybody's there. You're like, oh my god, they're all here. You gotta take the picture, you got to shake the hands, you got to thank you for oh my god, you flew from where. It's just like right, and yes, you want to do that, right. You want to acknowledge the people gave up a weekend, people got a hotel, they got air fair, they got to fill a thousand things to do too, but they came out.
Speaker 1: Of course, you want to acknowledge that.
Speaker 4: But it is kind of like as much as it's her day, because every girl dreams of it, like very what dude dreams of this wedding? Yeah for sure, right, oh, like but I do wish I enjoyed it a bit more because it was more like, okay, are you happy?
Speaker 1: Is everything?
Speaker 2: Like for my wife, especially when it comes to the day, I will say, you are going to be spending a lot of doing a lot like you really just need to remember, eat, drink and laugh, like that's what you need to do.
Speaker 1: Like that day, it's got to be something you want to make memories of. You want to do that stuff.
Speaker 2: You don't have to worry as much as you think about being a host and people see people already there celebrating you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bump into people on the dance floor. It's enough. You don't have to go table to table. I thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's it's just making a party, make an experience, but mostly make it for you too, because you're the one paying for it, right, You're gonna have all this time. You want to get something out of that day. You want to be memorable for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Take that moment before with your boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's one of my favorite memories is just hanging out with that with the fellas before and just I remember doing a shot with everybody and just having it was like, wow, this is this is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I remember we were all just laughing, getting dr I love getting dressed together. That was fun. Yeah, we got the tuxes together and all that or by knt of the apartment. I thought that was really cool. So fun thing, fun hanging there was some food out. We just hung out and stuff. I think it'sportant.
Speaker 4: You enjoy, enjoy it and again like to your to your point, Joe, like that's something you guys are going to do together that you'll never do together again. That's right, and it's the most exciting. You might do it again, but biggest cross you don't. But you know, enjoy that, Enjoy all those decisions, because that's that you guys. It's the beginning of a brand new life and a commitment. And it's uh, I mean, what's better than that?
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool? Nothing? All right, there we go.
Speaker 6: We did it, Stevie.
Speaker 1: Another episode in the bank. Thank y'all for two cool moms. We love you very much. Don't forget to like subscribe, share all the things, okay, And if you want to come see us on the road, come and get see. I'm all across the country. You can't. You can't get enough of you everywhere. I'm big markets, small markets, I'm the shop right.
Speaker 2: I'm at the supermarkets, I'm at the I'm in the farmers markets, I'm at everyone.
Speaker 1: You're in the shadows, you're in the limelight.
Speaker 2: I'm lurking, no sverating, I'm watching you while you sleep. Joe gattoofficial dot com for tickets for me, and I'm a lot more affordable to show. You can find me a punch up dot live, Steve Byrne and uh if you.
Speaker 1: Think I'm over a price, is that what you're saying? No, no, no, no, no no no, I'll get a no. But vetics groupon that's weird.
Speaker 6: I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks