Speaker 1: Sitting here waiting for Andrew. You're not I'm just waiting.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I have to try and look like I'm not wearing the same outfit because we didn't record the same three episodes in a row.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about here? Every day you've been here, you're wearing that same shirt. Yeah, wearing the same shirt.
Speaker 2: You didn't just just keep changing? Yeah, okay, this is I changed. Look I'm wearing this hat.
Speaker 3: It's to guys with his bone, just a bowlle at his bood. The review is the wheels go you What is Scott gonna say? What's Andrew? Who gonna say? Well, there's sALS go to just okay, it's guys.
Speaker 2: Just a ballet his boom. They'll be arguing about practice pot what do I know? There? It is ready with all that booths and you get to hear them slap bitch.
Speaker 1: By the way, somehow I need to go back and edit the last episode. Why because I'm realizing that I just said Halloween is three days away and it was September twenty eighth, So I don't know how to do that, but I feel like an idiot. I'm gonna have to like insert something in at the end and go I messed up.
Speaker 2: Actually, you don't even need to do that because it's also on YouTube, right, and we didn't fix the YouTube. Also, do you think I look good with the hat?
Speaker 1: That Pardo's perky peanuts hat does look.
Speaker 2: Good on you? Do you think I should wear it this way camouflage hat? I feel like this way makes me look like I'm like a tough no a kid on like a nineties TV show, like, Hey, what's up? You go skateboarding in the park? Later? Wanna go shred? That's from my time? Andrew? I, okay, so I'm not a nineties kid. Where's your beeper? What's a beeper? No? No, it's really interesting. Doctors so all carry beepers because they're very reliable. Yeah, that's why I'm actually shocked that no one's come up with a better way to do things, which just beat me nine one one. I better call what I so with. Beeper's kind of like text messaging. If you wrote boobs like you know, eight zero zero eight five, sure was like a beeper. It was like small because I've never really truly.
Speaker 1: I'll bring mine in for the next one. I have multiple beepers. It don't work anymore, but I still have them. Oh my god, all right, so why.
Speaker 2: You get a beeper? Can I get a beeper? And then we could beat each other. I don't think they actually could work anymore. There's no network for them to work anymore. Doctors have them, they probably have something different. But my very first I got my very first beeper when I was like twelve. I worked in a five and dime verill, what it's a five and dime. It's like a variety store. I didn't ask, but okay, sold all kinds of crap, and he got me a beeper and I would walk around school with it, and everybody thought I was a drug dealer, because back then, drug dealers had beepers. What kid needed a beeper back then, I don't know, but apparently you were that important.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, so I would get beeped. Then I would go to the.
Speaker 2: Payphone at school. You know what's a payphone? Well, I used a payphone up until about two thousand and three, two thousand and four. I was using payphones because I didn't get a cell phone until I was in eighth grade, which was in two thousand and four, you know, like two or three years ago.
Speaker 1: I was at a gas station and it was dropping my car off and I wanted to call my wife to come pick me up, and I forgot my cell phone.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So I started walking home and I found a payphone and I used it and she wasn't home. Here one call I had to find change, Like, how much even is it now? I think it was fifty cents or something like that.
Speaker 2: That's absurd. It is absurd.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So back to the beeper. It was just a beeper. It was a screen thrilling story.
Speaker 2: It would go beep, beep.
Speaker 1: And you'd look at it and there'd be a number on it. You'd call the number and if it was important, they'd put nine one one after it. Oh so you know that would me call back right now?
Speaker 2: Oh wow. So it's like high priority, like you need to respond exactly. And then a bit a little bit later on.
Speaker 1: Then there were pages where you could actually spell stuff out, so you would call the Operator's an operator. I'd used the operator and they go, yes, what's your message for Scott? And you would say, uh, yeah, hey, let's record our episode today, and then it would come up on my screen.
Speaker 2: That's interesting because I used to call the operator. Whenever we would call for takeout before Uber Eats and Seamless and all those, you'd call for the restaurant names. What yeah, So like you would call the operator and be like, I'm looking for Angelo's in Aberdeen, New Jersey. It's pizza, and then they would find it.
Speaker 1: That's not an operator.
Speaker 2: You would call four and one one.
Speaker 1: Yeah that information.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's not the same thing. No, the operator is.
Speaker 1: The operator is when you press zero on the phone and an operator Hello operator. I don't even think they have those anymore.
Speaker 2: This four one one still work? You think, I don't know. Why don't we try it? That you were? You can't do it from here because it's like an internal use your cell phone. No, I don't want to. They charges a lot of money and then the company will get mad. Here we get away.
Speaker 1: So then there were two way pages. Then there were cell phones and great story. Let's move on at Serial Killers episode one forty seven. Today is Monday in October. Andrew, Oh my gosh, for one one works? Well, you don't even have asking for a city in state. But you don't even know how to put your phone on speaker. I mean, how old are you?
Speaker 2: Okay? I just found the speaker, but ask for serial killers in New York Serial Killers New York City, one moment for an operator. Okay, I'm not gonna Actually, it's gonna cost you so much.
Speaker 1: You have no idea that just cost you like seven dollars. Well, I don't pay the bills, I'm telling Elvis. All right, So let's get into this new cereal for the week because now it's just once a week, you know, yeah, because it's my fall Yep. This is another Nature's Path cereal. But it really excited me when I saw it.
Speaker 2: What does that hat? Oh?
Speaker 1: Another one? I like the camouflage one.
Speaker 2: Better this one. I look like it's like this would be on the wanted poster. By the way, that company has great nuts. It looks like I'm on a wanted poster, Like have you seen this man?
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking of nuts, it's new from Nature's Path Honey and peanut nut butter Crunch.
Speaker 2: Geez, I hit my eyebrow on the thing. What is it called honey and peanut nut butter crunch. I'm actually excited for that.
Speaker 1: I was excited for it as well. But you know what I can feel as I'm shaking it? Should I play the thing or just not?
Speaker 2: No, shake your box. Okay, hold on, I gotta go find it. Hey, later you want to go to the arcade, I'll meet you. Let's shred down to the arcade. Man, do you have any quarters? No, the machine will do it for us.
Speaker 1: Man, I can't find it. I can't find anything. I hate this thing. I hate it. I hate it, I hate it.
Speaker 2: I have a CD player we could listen to you. Man, I brought it.
Speaker 1: Does it have those shock absorbers? Because you know when I go running my CD skips and my disc man.
Speaker 2: No, I just bought a new shock absor ever. One man, it's real cool. I know where I got it from the Wiz. Nobody beats the Whiz. You know that, right? The Whiz was a fantastic store. Yes, I loved the Whiz. I liked Crazy Eddie. I got totally Hits two thousand and three, which is still in my room from the Wiz.
Speaker 4: Okay, really, Scotty, shake shack shut creal share.
Speaker 2: Scotty. Okay, Okay, okay, you do look like a kid. You look like a teenager. Can I just say no? You can't just say okay? Well, I'm gonna say it anyway. You went on a whole tirade about beepers going to pagers.
Speaker 1: You ask for about it, okay, whatever, I'm.
Speaker 2: Still talking four one one operators, And all I said was something about totally hits two thousand and three, and you were like, okay, okay, nobody beats.
Speaker 1: The Whiz was always the cheapest for CDs, but they were always like fifteen ninety eight and the other stores were nineteen or twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: CD prices got really expensive towards the end they did. Now that's what I call music. They always had. Those were which one did I own? Now that's what I call music volume seven.
Speaker 1: Now they're up to like seven hundred.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not that dramatic. It's like ninety nine or something. No, no, no, it's pretty high. In the UK, it's probably at two hundred, but it's not even at one hundred. I'm hungry. Let's eat some cereal plant powered protein with organic peanut butter, naturally sweet honey, creamy peanut butter clusters, this podcast and cunchy flakes rolled in nut butter. And I talking just cut me off. So here's the box and here's the bag. Look how small? See they do that, but it is what it is. That is the puniest bag I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I can eat this whole bag in one sitting. However, when I have a feeling it's going to be pretty good. Okay, yeah, because they had that other that cashew and cashw butter cereal that I really liked. You didn't shake it that well, no I did. Okay, Yeah, you still have your spooner. You need another peanuts in here? What the whole peanuts in here?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 2: No? Who makes that really good? Trader Joe's. Maybe they make like a sweet butter or something.
Speaker 1: I can tell you, I haven't had any Trader joe cereal yet that I liked.
Speaker 2: What was the one thing that Trader Joe's makes. It's like a brown color. It's like an alternative to peanut butter spread almond butter. No, oh my gosh, this is gonna kill me. I'll remember it. I was gonna say something not nice there, but I won't. Here you go, pal, Thanks bro. Now that's more two thousands you ready.
Speaker 1: The flakes are all similar in the Nature's Path cereals, but I think the other a Kucha Moms will make it delicious. When you say is that the proper word?
Speaker 2: And here we go.
Speaker 1: I think the word I meant to say is accompaniments. You're making a face, but I kind.
Speaker 2: Of like it. It tastes like a Nutter butter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and but I don't think I've ever had a cereal with whole peanuts in it before. That was perfect. That you're wearing the Pardo's precky peanuts hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now back to mugshot Andy. I like this. I'm going three bowls in a spoon. It's pretty good. I want to give two bowls. Good, not great. It's not a go to for me.
Speaker 1: It tastes like a good like ranola water busted up and put it in milk.
Speaker 2: No, not, no, I like it. Yeah what I say, three bowls in a spoon. Yeah, I'm gonna do that. Okay, then I give you two bowls. You suck? Okay? Cool? Thanks? Oh sorry I got scolded andrewciding to look at the camera. Yeah, guys, hey, well, I mean primarily this is a podcast people just wanted to watch and see what we do. Somebe's gonna pretend the cameras not even there. Hey, man, with it, get it. That's a nineties reference. Then you have to do it? All right? Do it? Going down to this? You have to do it too? No.
Speaker 1: Introduced to this brand by our friend Greg. Wow, you can't even answer my poope on Instagram, he's the Jonas Brothers guy. You should follow him, you know what. I'm still not convinced that he listens to this podcast.
Speaker 2: I think he does.
Speaker 1: I put out a challenge to him about three episodes ago. Yeah, and I said, please use hashtag Crunchberry under this picture if you listen, and he never did it.
Speaker 2: Well did that episode even air yet? Yeah? Well by the time this one airs, it it already aired. Oh okay, Well, maybe he's just busy, you know, a piece the Jonas Brothers manager. I assume that, you know, he's a little bit busy. Anyway, This is another Jordan's Cereal. I love jordan Cereal. So far they haven't disappointed me yet.
Speaker 1: It's one of the American ones. There was the UK varieties of the Country Crisp or Morning Crisp, but whatever the hell it's called.
Speaker 2: But here, notice no crack Andrew. Yeah, you really pull down that jacket that hasn't been washed in the six years since Nico and Vin's was popular.
Speaker 1: Jordan's Morning Crisp. This one is bursting with nuts. So this is a very nutty episode.
Speaker 2: Andrew, that is such an udd title, right, bursting with nuts. It's the UK. They don't really understand the translation. No, no, no, this is the American one. My phone is ringing. Can I just look? Okay, God, these gen xers on their phone?
Speaker 1: Now, I do not like pecans, pecans whatever, I'm not a fan of them. There are pecan pecans in here. It also looks like there's hazel nuts and almonds and probably some other kind of nut.
Speaker 2: Oh, hazel nuts.
Speaker 1: Pecan Now this is interesting. It says pecan nuts. Aren't they just pecans? I've never heard it called a pecan nut? Well, and they call them. Oh, there's also brazil see now brazil nuts. No, no, no, they are the space wasters of nut mixes. Those are the giant ones that are like this big and they're not good and they just take up space. They have no taste and they're huge.
Speaker 2: Are they like the waffly looking ones?
Speaker 1: No, they're just a big giant nuts. They're like this this big.
Speaker 2: Yes in the nuts? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this just is a nut mixed cereal. Yeah, almonds, hazel nuts, pecan nuts, and brazil nuts.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm in let's go. All right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Those stories on here, blah blah blah, United States Britain Family Recipe Table.
Speaker 2: We're back to Jordan's. This is the first thing with nuts cereal. We put the traff phoneus for you.
Speaker 1: It was kind of pricey although it was on sale. It's stopping shop, sorry, shop right, I had a cheat on you?
Speaker 2: What is this thing? Can I stick my finger? I need to put this hat back on? Why do people wear hats? When you wear hats and you take a look at my hair, look at this looks the same as it did when you came in here. That's rude.
Speaker 1: All right, there's a lot going on in here. They're really Oh God, bless America.
Speaker 2: Oh here we go. Gen X are on his phone. Hello, welcome to serial Killers. Who's this? Hey? Are you still you're recording?
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, it's okay. We're just about to do Jordan's Morning Crisp and it's bursting with nuts.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that.
Speaker 1: Is this something that I can call you back about or because we're actually even recording this for YouTube.
Speaker 2: So they had everybody on YouTube. Hi YouTube, Okay, run, No, it's not over yet. We just started. Can't edit this, so love you. Bye o god.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was my wife Amy interrupting episode.
Speaker 2: It's messed up. You were the nicest husband I think I've ever Why was I rude? I mean, maybe it was you saying we can't edit it bye and hung up on her. I don't know. Maybe that just seems like a little rude to me. Call me crazy. There's lots going on in here. There's really a lock of way.
Speaker 1: That's a hole, right, there's there's entire full almonds home. And my leg just vibrated. My phone's not in my pants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that happens.
Speaker 1: It's phantom phantom vibrations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so weird. What a phenomenon. One two?
Speaker 1: Oh no, No, I'm not eating the freaking brazil thing.
Speaker 2: Good bye. You know which one? The brazil one is a big thing. I'm not seeing the big thing. Ow. I heard that, all right?
Speaker 1: And my tripper groun we got a lawsuit going on. Oh crap, it has the classic Jordan's clusters. You're right, my twothhirts, Like, look at the size of that brazil nut.
Speaker 2: It's huge. I see it. I ate it. I like enjoy this cereal, but it hurts. I really want to love it, but it hurt me.
Speaker 1: And I don't know this is a nice snack. I don't know that I want to eat it with milk. I like it's definitely bursting with nuts.
Speaker 2: I give it three balls.
Speaker 1: I'm surprisingly going to give it three balls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: It's really delicious.
Speaker 1: I'd be happier if there were no brazil nuts, and if there were some marshmallows in it, and maybe not some full.
Speaker 2: Nuts that make your teeth crap. That would be nice.
Speaker 1: There should be some sort of a warning on the box one hundred percent, yeah, like look out for shells. Oh it says may contain cashew nuts, pistachio nuts, and wheat.
Speaker 2: May it may. That is the crunchiest cereal I think I've ever had. Well, because I actually know the fire Engine cereal was bad. Yeah, poor rip. Oh God, we wanted to like that so much. Let's move on to cereal number three. It's the Bonus Box. Oh do I have to find the jingle? Okay, I could just do it.
Speaker 1: You probably don't even remember how it goes.
Speaker 2: But Bonus Buck's cereal killers bones. B there you go, I said it. So I found this one, you know, I don't even remember. It's getting itchy.
Speaker 1: No, it's not drink some milk. I don't even remember what store I found this in, but it piqued my interest. Don't know why, because it's some organic, tasteless crap and it was kind of expensive.
Speaker 2: But it was on sale.
Speaker 1: But I've never heard of this brand before. We've never done it, so I figured i'd buy a box. Okay, there, buddy, No, not really all right, Well, make it through one more box Forager Project Organic grain free. Oh's cinnamon gluten free?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: I don't know where did you find this? Some store?
Speaker 1: I don't even remember what store it was. It was a regular supermarket. Oh my god, I'm choking on a brazil nut. Maybe you're allergic too, No matter allergic.
Speaker 2: It's big.
Speaker 1: They make oat milk and cashu milk and yog hurt butter and all kinds of breakfasty type stuff.
Speaker 2: I picture someone in like Portland, Oregon. Was just like, I found these in my backyard and I put them in a box for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty much what this is. USDA Organic. I want to know What the forager project is is that a brander is actually a project.
Speaker 2: It's a collection of us. We all live in the hills. Well, here we go put cereal in boxes.
Speaker 1: It came from San Francisco, and here are the ingredients. The first ingredient cassava root. Have a feeling, I'm not gonna like this. Oh no, navy beans, cane, sugar, cinnamon, sunflower oil, safflower oil, pea protein, water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is bad. This is gonna be bad. I don't even know that I even want to go here. This is This is hippie cereal. Yes, I'm even gonna say it myself. It's hippie cereal. Simple whole, organic plant based ingredients make delicious, sustainable, riskstorative food. What's restorative is that maybe they're claiming that, like we eat it, we're restored. Oh yeah, Or maybe you poop it out and then you go back to the earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, well let's just go. I can tell you right now. There's a little bag inside this giant box.
Speaker 2: I can feel it. What was Oh what we make? Wait, what is the side of the box. Say what we make of organic matters? What we make of organic matters? It depends on how you read it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh god, there was a plain original version and there was cinnamon, so I figured we might as well just get a little bit of taste.
Speaker 2: So I got the cinnamon one. I gotta tell you, there sucks. It smells like ass. Oh my god, wait, can you show them the back of the box really quick? Yeah? It looks like they make shampoos.
Speaker 1: Else and no frills products. It's no frills, you know, we've been through this, all right. I don't know, man, I don't know. They look like baby truos that are cut up with a hole in the middle. But or maybe they look like actually little klamari. That's what they look like, much like calamari circles. Well, this is going to ruin it for you. It really doesn't smell good at all. Will you smell it before I put milk in it?
Speaker 2: Oh god, what in the nature's butthole is exactly? Oh? Here we go. This is gonna be bad. I'm not expecting much.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm pretty sure that nobody has ever eaten the cereal with milk, has used cow milk in it.
Speaker 2: Ever, somewhere someone in San Francisco was like, here we go, for your project. Are you ready? Sorry? This is the last one of the day. I mean no. It tastes like burnt, yeah, very burnt. Some it stays burnt.
Speaker 1: It's like some sort of burnt vegetable that you left in the bottom of the skillet.
Speaker 2: I hate myself for actually enjoying it. You like it. It tastes like burn broccoli a little bit, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh it really, I'm actually gonna have a cup of milk. Oh my god, it tastes like burn broccoli. That is the only way to explain this cereal.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it a bowl and a spoon only because I enjoy burnt broccoli, but as an aftertaste eating cereal, I don't.
Speaker 1: You're just sorry. Could you imagine what the original one tastes like? This gets nothing from me. I'm sorry forager. No bowls, no spoons.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the worst cereal Club. You know what? Spoonies here they come. No, Because honestly, nothing will ever be as bad as peanut butter cheerios.
Speaker 1: Nothing, nothing, chocolate, peanut butter chocolate.
Speaker 2: Nothing will ever be as bad as peanut butter chocolate cherios. And I stand by that fact. All right, let's get out of here. I'm actually gonna bump this down to a bowl, okay, because yes, just I don't buy this. That's that's my recommendation. Don't buy this if you see it in a store. It sucks.
Speaker 1: If that was the last one, and that's how you have to start your week.
Speaker 2: Do we have more of that? This' more cereal? Oh, you can have the whole bag, take it home. I mean it's gonna sit there like the Coco Crispy one. No, not the Coco Crispy, the Golden Gram one that you gave me on the next Serial Killers after that. Yes, no, I didn't do this episode that. I'm not going to say what. No, I'm making you try it. No, doesn't call it? Well, can I just say?
Speaker 1: What's coming up on the next Serial Killers next Monday?
Speaker 2: And it is?
Speaker 1: It's football season?
Speaker 2: Right? What the hell do I know?
Speaker 1: But I'm pretty sure they're playing football again. Our friend Patricia in Buffalo is sending us a box of some sports related Remember the Pat Mahomes.
Speaker 2: No, God, God, no hot in candy crunch.
Speaker 1: You can still buy that, by the way, you shouldn't wait. Wait, remember the Pat Mahomes flakes. Yes, there's another football player that some other cereal. It's the same cereal company, but it's in a different region. I guess the cereal company makes them regionally for supermarkets and anyway, that's coming in the next episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is my fault. Stop.
Speaker 1: I didn't like these when they were not stale.
Speaker 2: I didn't either.
Speaker 1: Captain crunch cotton candy.
Speaker 2: How does it taste like a shoe? It's awful?
Speaker 1: So why don't we throw it away because it looks it looks good in the red I hate it. I don't if you threw up on camera, this could boost up our views. I didn't like it to begin with. Yeah, and the fact that it tastes like a I don't even know how to describe it.
Speaker 2: It's soft. I keep telling you that the cereals are soft. It's damp in here. Excuse me? Did you roll the bag down so it stays fresh? Back there? Shut your mouth? If anything, making its stale will make it better.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to serial Killers. Please follow us on all social media serial Killers.
Speaker 2: PC, serial KILLERSPC dot com isn't there, it's when it is. Scott's going to be like, oh, I edited this part of the episode out.
Speaker 1: No, I can't edit things anymore because you're doing all this stuff.
Speaker 2: This stuff.
Speaker 1: No one's even seeing this on YouTube because you never posted it.
Speaker 2: Yes I did. You're just making accusations left and right. Wait until I show up and show out. Everyone's going to be like Andy saved the day, Scott it, who really sucks?
Speaker 1: Enjoy your week and we'll see you on Monday, unless there's a bonus episode on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: What do you think? Yeah, go for it? Probably not? Okay? All right, take care to have a good weekend. Corin. What a terrible episode.
Speaker 1: These the last three episodes have been awful, And you want to know why. Why because we're filming them, because you made me record them.
Speaker 2: Who use this film? This is coming from someone who legitimately went on like a five minute thing talking about their beeper and pager and how they still keep them. You asked me about it, Okay,