Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody to Bachelor Happy Hour's Golden Hour. Thanks so much for coming back and joining us, and we are so excited about today's episode.
Speaker 2: Kathy, we certainly are. Just be sure to check out our latest episode. We have been having so much fun answering your questions, disagreeing with each other, chatting with all your Bachelor.
Speaker 1: Nation face and today I'm so excited we have two very special guests. Please welcome from this season of Paradise New love birds, Allie Joe and Sam m if you will. Hi, guys, welcome to that Golden Hour.
Speaker 3: What's up? Thanks for having us guys?
Speaker 2: How great are you? Okay, So we have so much that we want to dive into today, so we're just going to get things started right away. But I have to say you make the most fabulous looking couple. I just have to say that.
Speaker 1: Right, That's something Kathy and I agree on.
Speaker 3: Yes, pretty one. She's a pretty one.
Speaker 2: You're pretty pretty yourself. Sam. We're gonna give.
Speaker 4: You some credit.
Speaker 1: There's something I learned that Kathy and I both also. Did we all have our motorcycle license? Yeah? I just sold my bike like three years ago.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: All right, but before before we talk about motorcycle because you know, been there and done that. We have the biggest question that everyone wants to know. How did you two start dating?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll go first, Okay because I'm older, Older people go first, ladies versa. So I reached out to him a couple of months ago during Grand Season, like the show was just on. I was teaching a rumble class and one of my clients had said something to mean a lotty before class at her son knew his sister and it was like a mutual person. That person was also from Jersey, so Jersey thing in common, and I had messaged him and then I was like, I just actually got compared to you on the show. It was like right after the episode, after the basketball date. So we started chatting a little bit. And then a couple of months later, I posted a photo and he DMS me and we started talking about paradise and we both like didn't know if we were going or not. And then he answered me and I stopped answering his messages.
Speaker 2: And wait minute, I saw you stop answering his messages.
Speaker 4: Yes I can.
Speaker 5: I ask why because we were like talking about paradise and we both didn't know if we were going, but I think we were both like hopeful, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to. And I was like, if I'm sitting at the time, I would want to go. But I knew if I went and he went, like he was somebody I wanted to meet. So I didn't want to keep the conversation going and asking questions because if he was going to be on the beach, I wanted it to happen organically. I didn't want to know all these things about him if he was going to go, Like we both really didn't.
Speaker 1: Know, Joe. When you did get to Paradise, how did you feel knowing that Sam had just gone home?
Speaker 4: I was really really disappointed.
Speaker 5: But that's so I kept saying he was the only person I really wanted to meet, and like, waiting to go in, I knew I was coming in late with a date card, like I was so confident, and I was like, this is my opportunity, Like I've never had a date on Grant season. People only saw like a side of me, and I really really wanted to meet him, and so I thought it was gonna be the perfect opportunity. So to find out he had just went home, and that was like, I was really shocked.
Speaker 4: I was surprised. I was super disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So let me just say when I rolled into Paradise and found out that both of you had gone home, you know, truly, I was really disappointed because I wanted to meet both of you in person. But I want to know what were your experiences like each of you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think they were kind of similar. I think I was told that I was walking down with a date.
Speaker 3: Card.
Speaker 6: I was extremely excited to take her out. She was the only person that I had planned on taking, and even in my interviews leading up to it, it was the only She was the only name that I dropped.
Speaker 2: And I mean, come on, sim you could have said or maybe Kathy A Gold that I by kicking.
Speaker 3: Listen, if you were there and she was, I would have taken you. That's how I would have gone.
Speaker 2: Anything you want, Sam, You're my man, all right, you boyd? Sorry?
Speaker 6: No, So it was it was kind of the same thing. They told me that I was gonna go down late, go down with the date card. I was really looking forward to meeting her, taking her, and then I got there and I kind of looked around and saw that she wasn't there, And it was just really disheartening, I think, because then I'm asking myself, like, what the hell am I doing here right now?
Speaker 3: You know? And no offense to any of the girls there.
Speaker 6: I thought they were all sweet, but I kind of knew what I was looking for going in there, and it wasn't there whenever I got there. So now I'm like asking myself, you know, am I am I wasting time? Or I've come this far? Do we just try it out and see how it all goes, even though we probably know the way that it's going to happen. So I think both of us kind of had the same story. Yeah, So it was a I think a little disheartening maybe in the moment not not getting it or not it not happening on TV, But but we.
Speaker 3: Knew we were going to make stuff happen. We didn't need TV.
Speaker 6: I didn't need TV to, you know, to book a plane ticket and go see.
Speaker 2: Basically, Costa Rica is in your rear view mirror.
Speaker 6: Once I found out she wasn't there and I was going home, I'm like, all.
Speaker 5: Right, well, we don't like to say that we met on TV because we didn't technically.
Speaker 1: Who called who first after the show.
Speaker 5: I did, because he was already home. He didn't know if I was there, like, he had no clue. So I had gotten back and I got on my phone and I messaged him and I said, hey, I heard you were here just a couple of hours ago.
Speaker 4: And I was like really disappointed.
Speaker 5: I'm really upset, and he goes, chin up, here's my number, give me a call. And I called him before I got on the flight, and then ever since then, Oh.
Speaker 2: God, so wait a minute, I want to know a when was your first date and what's digging been like so far? Like some of your best moments you've had.
Speaker 4: We've had a lot, and.
Speaker 3: We had a lot. I think it's scary. I think a lot of it.
Speaker 6: One of my favorite moments was facetiming her for the first time, and it was with her and her mom actually, and this was fresh off of Paradise. I don't know if we'd ever even spoke on the phone outside of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like Mother's Day weekend because after Paradise, I was I was really like not in a great headspace.
Speaker 4: I was actually like just depressed over everything.
Speaker 5: And I flew right to Jersey after Paradise and then I facetimed him with my mom. We were going to dinner and yeah, that was when we first started talking. Yeah, but the first time he came to Florida was early June. Yeah, so we were talking on the phone but facetiming for about a month or so before he made his flight to Florida.
Speaker 1: I love this, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it. Is there anybody just literally smiling?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Is there anybody from the season that you guys would want to double date with? Do you have any favorite couple? If you will, I don't know.
Speaker 4: What would you say?
Speaker 5: I don't know, because I'm watching the couples play out right now. I'm like, there's so much drama.
Speaker 1: We don't want the problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. True.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think everybody's just so different than And one thing that really attracted me to her was just what real life it really is.
Speaker 3: You know, the show is awesome.
Speaker 6: And it but it only makes up just a certain percentage of our lives and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: And I think being able.
Speaker 6: To separate yourself from TV and reality and make sure that reality is still at the top of your priority list and not get caught up in any of this other stuff was something that you know why I was drawn to her as much as I have been, so.
Speaker 3: I think looking back at the show now, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I just want to say. I just want to say again, Kathy is in Bachelor Nation and available for double date. All you require is that you find me the person that's going on the date with me.
Speaker 1: It's pretty simple.
Speaker 5: Well, going to double date with you guys, and you're men. But Katy, I remember I was talking to you and I told you about him.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, in fact, in fact, we're to know. So that's exactly where I was going. You read my mind. I was going to ask you, did you tell you anyone in Bachelor Nation that you were dating? For you in public? And then I was going to say, besides me, because you actually did tell me and Alie Joe, I didn't tell anyone.
Speaker 1: I can't tell anybody.
Speaker 2: I didn't tell Susan. I didn't tell anyone because it wasn't mine to tell. But I was so happy for you. Did you tell anyone else?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Juliana, I told We talked about it like we were facetimed her.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you told me that. Yeah, And so that's it. Boy, I mean a really small league club here. I feel on wait Kathy going.
Speaker 1: When we had Ellie Joe on the podcast, I specifically asked her if perhaps you were asked to go on Paradise, is there anyone in particular that you would hope to be there and you were that wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Say anything because I didn't want to like put my like eggs and basket or.
Speaker 2: That's what you said. That's what you said. You didn't want to and you wanted to. You said you had people in mind, by someone in mind, but you did want to say who it was.
Speaker 4: And I didn't either, because look what happened.
Speaker 5: I got there and he wasn't there, and I me and him talk about it, and I said it the other day like I was still there. I still wanted to make the most of my time. You know, you'd put your life on pause. And I really felt like confident. Well I felt confident before when I thought he was there, but afterwards, I still wanted to get to know people were still there. We're on this amazing opportunity and you don't know what can transpire from it. So I was going to like shoot myself in the foot. Yes, did I want to be with him, of course. I mean listen, I was only on beach for like thirty hours, thirty six hours at that but it still had like a.
Speaker 4: Nice time there.
Speaker 5: But again, I didn't want to go my EGS one basket because you just don't know I could.
Speaker 2: Have gotten there. So wait, I want to get back to the So when you went public, what was that like? Like posting didn't feel natural to go out, you know because everything that happens on social media, you know, no one reads. It's just a few people or ten million one or the other.
Speaker 6: We kind of knew what we were getting into and that's why I kind of teased everybody when she posted that or I posted that photo and she's holding a drink and I'm in the background, like we you know, we knew what we were doing.
Speaker 2: But did you love it that? People said, oh wait, it's the same hand it was.
Speaker 6: It was really funny. It's like, oh, the fingernails are yeah.
Speaker 4: Red nails.
Speaker 5: And then we saw each other again after that came out and I got my nails and again, and I was like, I'm doing a different color.
Speaker 4: Let's see if people pick up.
Speaker 3: Things. It gave me something to kind of like smile at and uh, it's funny. Yeah, it was. It was definitely funny.
Speaker 6: We never hid ourselves from anybody, even whenever I would go see her, we walked around. We were how do people come up to you? Yeah, they would, and we would talk to anybody. If somebody wanted to take a photo with us, I would just say, hey, you can take one with her, but we just can't be in the same photo yet together. So we really didn't really want an instance where somebody. I thought somebody was taking a photo of both of us and I was like, hey, you can't post that. He's like, actually, I'm on FaceTime with my sister or something like that. So so yeah, we kind of knew what we were doing.
Speaker 1: But we were trying to be careful.
Speaker 3: You know, we are with this is real life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we want to live our life like we're not on this anymore.
Speaker 2: So I watch what. We want to know what's going on in your life? What what have you guys been up to? We tell us what your life is like now.
Speaker 4: Well, we both met each other's families.
Speaker 5: We both had like super big weekends like my mom, my stepdad, my sister, my aunts, my uncles, and my cousins like they were on Florida for my episode.
Speaker 4: He flew in that weekend. He took a rumble.
Speaker 5: Class, the rumble class, and I met his entire family. I watched some coach a baseball tournament. I met, Yeah, his nieces, niece, nephew.
Speaker 1: And how about where we're living? Where are you now? Sam?
Speaker 3: I'm still in.
Speaker 1: You are in Myrtle Beach Okay, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 3: And she's still in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you know the question. I'm asking it always because I'm the batslor. Is anyone moving? I don't know. Let's just pick two places, just pick them out of bat anyone talking about moving to Myrtle Beach or maybe Florida?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we talked about it on our six hour car drive home from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Yes, long distance relationships, and that's not even really that long of a distance. Trust me. I have a long distance, as you know, and that is long. But this isn't This is doable until.
Speaker 6: I think it's it's tough, like knowing that she's leaving today is it doesn't feel great. But what it does is that any time that's spent with each other is just so intentional. There's no for a dull moment. There's never a complacent moment. It's really just absorbing every single second of time. And also too, it tests your levels of communication because you still want to show intention and show like desire and you know, pursuit of what you still want in kind of an unorthodox fashion.
Speaker 3: So for right now, we're making that work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we see each other like every other weekend. It's been great.
Speaker 2: Do you do you have your next visit?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: Some of the interviewed, I think it was Ben Higgins, said that when he was dating way back in the Dark Ages, he they never left without having their next date planned. You are you guys doing that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were.
Speaker 6: It's funny we were. I was literally just looking at flights like twenty minutes ago. Yeah, we stay on top of that. You want something to look forward to. I think you know, it's kind of a running clock and your tank gets gets to E and right now it's full.
Speaker 4: Chaldging.
Speaker 5: But listen, like all of his friends and good friends are like in relationships, married, have kids. All my really good friends are in relationships too, So we're also at that point, like I mean, at least me and to like, we don't want to go out and just like go out, just to go out.
Speaker 4: You know, how old are you?
Speaker 2: Guys? Again, you're older? Ally Joe, Right, how old are you?
Speaker 4: I'm thirty one, I'm twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't care. You know what I like?
Speaker 3: I like the older women. I like the older women.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, Wait a minute, Sam, I am the Kathy.
Speaker 3: She better be good to me if she's not.
Speaker 2: Good to me, Joe, Ali, Joe, I'm tag teaming. I'm watching. I say, you know you've been I'm hiding. All right, listen to you, guys. We're gonna move into our advice portion of the episode. We're going to kick things off with our question of the day, and we want your thoughts on it. Are you? Are you game? All right? Here we go a lot of our listeners right in about first dates turning in to second dates. What are some signs that indicate the other person isn't interested that most people miss?
Speaker 4: Well, you're guys, let's see what you say.
Speaker 6: Okay, I would say, checking your phone often during the first date.
Speaker 2: Who that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say, not giving a firm answer as to when the second date would be. I'll let you know, kind of thing.
Speaker 2: What about you, Ali, Joe, what do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like what if they were on a first date to see if it's a second date would happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well so yeah, and they're saying, like listeners say to us, you know, we had we thought I thought it was a great first date, but it never turns into a second date. And what are some signs that you would say that indicate the person that you're the first day with isn't interested.
Speaker 5: That he doesn't you know, make sure you got home, okay, call you the next day. How are you feel like it doesn't need to be a whole big thing, like we always say, like we don't want to text every day, but like at least he should call her and say.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, I love seeing you last night. What's your week? Like, let's get another date on the schedule on calendar.
Speaker 1: We're all busy.
Speaker 2: How about this one? If he lets you pay for the date the first day and the.
Speaker 1: First date, you now it wasn't going to be a second.
Speaker 2: Doesn't walk into your car. I mean there's you know, it's you want.
Speaker 5: To know if he does actually that I love and these are things I look for, Like I feel like I'm more like old school, Like every single time we get in the car, he opened my car door for me. That is something that's so important to me and I always look for that. And I've been on dates where guys don't do that.
Speaker 2: So I have a question that that My question of the day is. I mean, Susan and I have been around the earth a few you know, a few times around the sun. Whatever the expression is, and what is it? Do you think women don't care if guys don't have good manners, Because every time we interview someone, right, Susan, they'll say, I'm old fashioned. Exactly what you said, Ali, Joe, I'm old fashioned the door for me? What's the deal? Do guys not care? Maybe better asking for you, Sam, what what is the deal?
Speaker 3: But I just think it comes back to probably the way that you were raised. You know.
Speaker 1: I taught that right, absolutely taught respect your women and your elder.
Speaker 6: I've got two sisters. My parents are still married, they've been married for thirty plus years. And I think from the South, everybody is extremely kind. But I tell her all the time, I didn't open up her door one time, and it was actually the very first time.
Speaker 3: That I met her in the airport I was driving.
Speaker 6: And she was driving, and I didn't because some people think it's weird. And I was like, I don't want to come across in a certain in a certain way. And then the next time I was like, you know, I forget it. I'm going to do it, and I'm going to explain to her, like if my mom was here and she watched me not open up this door.
Speaker 1: Or if it's pouring raining and you're running to the car, then.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 6: Exactly exactly. So yeah, I just think it's the way that you're raised. I think a lot of guys don't know any better, and I think from the female side of it, the whole chivalry is dead.
Speaker 3: Comments it can we.
Speaker 2: Just go on record here for anyone listening, chivalry is not dead. Open the door for your lady.
Speaker 6: Door, Open the door for your lady, and any other lady's getting into the car, open up their door every single time.
Speaker 1: How about sorry, when you're walking down the street and you have her, you're holding hands, do you always stand on the outside where the streets is that? I always thought it was an Italian thing.
Speaker 2: But I guess do you I know the answer to this. Do you mean at least is what I was told. We could look it up. You know, why do you know why women are supposed to walk on the inside be safe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no it's not.
Speaker 2: Now again you know writers, here's writing and let me know if I'm wrong. I've been told by more than one person it dates way back to uh when people used to take bedpants and slop and throw it out the window, and so was to protect the woman being inside if anyone got hit, it was going to be the guy. Now, I don't know if that's true or not, but I thought it was. I thought it was kind of a cute story that, you know.
Speaker 1: The guy that's safety right, So it's car.
Speaker 2: You know, health and safety. Whatever. Wait nights before we get into the next things. Your first date was where? What was your first date? Yeah?
Speaker 5: We we went to the beach, We went to a happy hour, we went to dinner, and then we met my friends out for the Panthers game.
Speaker 4: And then what was a week long date? Weekends long?
Speaker 5: And then Saturday we woke up, we went for a walk, we got coffee, and I had like little pregame.
Speaker 4: It was my best friend's thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 3: Are we going to skip out on what you said whenever I first got.
Speaker 2: There, Oh no, we're not stepping out because we're both straight bar eyes.
Speaker 4: I was like, I got nothing, Like, I don't think I'm your type.
Speaker 1: Really, why did you say that?
Speaker 2: You said that you didn't think he was his type.
Speaker 4: I didn't think that I was his type.
Speaker 2: When would you say that?
Speaker 5: Damn when, like, within like the first two hours hanging out.
Speaker 1: Why did that come on like that?
Speaker 5: Because he's, like, you know, from South Carolina. It's a little slower pace here, mostly blonde girls like our girls and sweet people.
Speaker 4: Not that I'm not sweet, but just girls.
Speaker 5: I feel like, and I don't want this sound wrong way, but like maybe that don't have like a voice as much.
Speaker 4: And you know, I mean you mean.
Speaker 2: Alie Joe, you don't say bless your little heart.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 1: So I learned what that meant.
Speaker 2: I don't know if say a li I'm from Massachusetts, so I live in Texas, where I was like, bless your little heart? What?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But see I'm being from so I don't want that.
Speaker 6: Like I'm pretty good eighty percent, maybe ninety percent of the time, but you know, if I ever kind of wander off, like I need somebody that can put me back in my place.
Speaker 1: That's right, She's not going to let you skip along.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, she's not that. That's that jersey girl in her. Okay, Well, I have another question before we move on to our next part. Sam, both of you, of course honesty here. When you met each other for the first time, you looked at each other's eyes, did you know.
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 1: Was it a feeling? Was it a for me? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was just so excited.
Speaker 5: I was like, this is either going to be something that's amazing or it's going to be like a one time thing. But the way we connected, I just I was really excited.
Speaker 1: I just knew.
Speaker 3: I knew before I met her.
Speaker 1: How did you know?
Speaker 6: Back up I say whenever I say, I knew before I met her, I knew what type of personality she had, and I knew that her and I would get along very well.
Speaker 1: What was it about her that you like?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: What attracted you?
Speaker 3: I think just very unapologetically herself.
Speaker 2: And outspoken, says what she thinks. Yes, she means and means what she says.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well sure, but she's also like very in touch with her feminine side. And I actually really love that like, I love somebody that doesn't feel like like she knows that she doesn't have to wear the pants and anything, she doesn't need to be the one to make all the plans. She's a girly girl and I love that. But she's also very strong and very independent and she will say things. She'll say what she wants and that's what I need.
Speaker 1: But that's a perfect relationship when you're able to speak whatever it is on your mind and be comfortable saying it to your significant.
Speaker 2: All this up with the big bow of they're both you are easy on the is, Sam and Ali Joe, you are absolutely stunningly gorgeous. So I mean to get all this in two packages. I don't know me hope for the future.
Speaker 5: I feel so lucky because usually, you know, if this sounds horrible to say, but like sometimes there were people who are really good looking have like a horrible personality or like sometimes you know, but like he doesn't, and I think we're both just like very genuine. And I think people think he's a certain type of way just from a show that they watched, you know, but I know who he truly is, and I think his colors show and yeah, kind of.
Speaker 1: When your mom met him on the FaceTime, she was happy, right.
Speaker 5: She's like, oh my god, he's so cute, Like, what are you going to be her? I was like, I don't know, Mom, you're embarrassing me.
Speaker 1: And how about you, Sam, when your family met?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, So my sister is a pretty harsh critic and any girl that I ever dated, she's always like, Sam, you could do better, you could do better. And then I showed her a picture of Ali Joe and she's like, yeah, I think that's your ceiling.
Speaker 3: Sam. I'm like, yeah, yeah, they saw her and just kind of the same thing.
Speaker 6: Just just said like it looks like she has her her shit together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She's just very like, very independent, just very well spoken, put together and just thought that we'd make a perfect.
Speaker 1: And I know you're also an efficient like I am. So when that day comes, you know, you can call me, let's go and Kathy comes. Whatever I do one, I love it.
Speaker 2: I'll come and throw rose pedals and say I almost had him.
Speaker 1: All right. Today, now we're going to answer some of our viewers or our listeners questions and they like to know what we think our advice. If you will, you guys game to give some advice.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right. The first one reads, Hi, guys, I need to know if I'm in the wrong here. The other night, I went on a hinge date with a guy. Our plan was to pick up ingredients together and cook since we both love cooking. Amazing right, Yeah, yeah, I thought so too. We were in the car heading back to his place with groceries when he looked at me and said, so funny story. I have a four year old daughter. Hello, I'm twenty four. I can't be a mom. I have so much respect for single parents, and I have nothing against being a step parent later down the line, but not when I'm a baby myself. I was polite during the rest of the date, knowing i'd never see him again. Now my friends are split. Some think I made the right choice, while others think I blow off a great guy too soon. It was a great date and I really do like him. I don't know. What do you think? Thanks, ladies?
Speaker 2: What says you? What do you think? Guys?
Speaker 5: I think that if she, at the end of the day isn't ready to be a step mom, then that says a lot, no matter how much she likes But I because you're not just dating the guy, you are also essentially dating his family, like you know, so you can't persuade yourself that you can do something of deep down you know you can do it. So I would take it as that's a great friend. Maybe down the line if she gets older and she decides like she's ready for that, But if she's not ready for it now, then she she's not ready, and that's okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's I think it's a little maybe selfish to think that it would. It's so easy to find true love later on down the road. And we talked about this, you know, I think at twenty four, you know, five years, five years can go by just like that. And I've learned that the love that you want is not just you can't just open up your door and it's right there in front of you.
Speaker 2: So if you that's what I've been doing wrong. I sit my door waiting for her to open.
Speaker 1: You got to get on the outside of the door.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sam.
Speaker 1: You know, when when I was reading it her, as soon as he said he had a daughter, she already tuned amount she didn't give it a chance, and later she really did like him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm just going to play because I always like to devil's advocate my stepmom and I know, Ali Joe, you have a stepdad. My dad married my stepmother when I was six and my stepmom was thirty two, and she took on five children from the ages of six to thirteen and had one of her own, so six kids at the age of thirty two. But she loved my dad so much, you would they were married over forty years before he died. I don't think she would have done it end definitely because she loved him. But I think people thought she was nuts when she married my dad, and she would be the first to say to you that it was really tough. So at twenty four, if she says I can't be a mom, that I'm with you, Ali Joe. It's saying that she does doesn't want to do it. And if you don't want to do it, that child comes along with this fabulous guy and it's a package deal, right. So if she does can't be a mom for whatever reason, I think she has to move along.
Speaker 1: I don't have been true to herself. But she says it's a great date. I really do like them. I don't know what to do. So she's questioning something, But how did you guys feel about I love the date, thing about going to get the groceries and making dinner and then you spring that on her in the car. I think that's a conversation that maybe should have been had prior to the date. On Hinge.
Speaker 5: You can say if you have a kid or not, so like Heke should have been a little bit more honest, because if she saw that, she might have never want on the dates with and this issue wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have So it's a lie. It's a lib biomission. Right. It's the same thing if I go on Hinge and put my age down it's fifty five. It's just a small detail. It's just a little right, a little one. I mean, if you really like me, do you care how old I am? So four year old kid who cares that.
Speaker 6: He put her in a bad spot by not being honest off that, because that's something you got to know. And she's got to make that decision immediately, because it's the kid that will end up paying the consequences for honesty between two adults.
Speaker 1: Well, I do wish you luck and if you can't stop thinking about him, then maybe reevaluate the whole thing.
Speaker 5: I always say that, Like if I'm shopping and there's like a really nice pair of jeans that I want, but I'm not sure if I really want to spend the money. If I keep thinking about want the jeans and I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Go, I always want them though, well, Joe, I always.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Susan gets herself into trouble. All right, So you now we've we've talked about other people's We're going to give you a chance to ask us some questions. But Ali, Joe, you know me a little bit. You know I'm going to do this to you, So let's just spring for it. Okay, do you think each other are the one? Are you each other?
Speaker 1: It's them? See it?
Speaker 2: That's Susan for them to answer, I see it. You can yell at me later.
Speaker 4: I yeah, yes, listen.
Speaker 5: I think we have a lot of things to like figure out, like living wise, like right now, it's like working right now. But I think living with somebody tells you a lot about them and changes things.
Speaker 2: But that but that doesn't mean that when I say are you the one, it means the one that at this point I see myself spending the rest of my life with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to me, it's like all in or nothing. I'm not going to lose my time or someone else's time. And I'm not dating just to date, like I'm dating someone to see a potential future with. And We've had like conversations of things.
Speaker 2: But Ali Joe, it is time to fess up. Do we say, have you told them about your four year old child? Yeah?
Speaker 1: My, is the l word happening?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I really I have no idea is that happening.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think we're just kind of like moving at our own pace. And I think one thing that we both love a lot is keeping what we have between us. There's certain things that I don't mind sharing with the world, and then there's other things where I'm like, this is something.
Speaker 2: For you guys. Just know that we all envaccination. We are really rooting for you guys because we're both wonderful people.
Speaker 4: We weren't sure, honestly, we weren't sure.
Speaker 5: We're also like this is us, like if you know people will support it or not, So that we were really happy to see some really kind comments and just like, yeah from people is really nice.
Speaker 3: Focused on those guys, So it was nice to see. I said, look, she's already, she's already making me look better.
Speaker 1: So I met. I absolutely love it all right, what do you have questions for us?
Speaker 4: If any I want to go, you want to go first? Well, yeah, how's your relationship?
Speaker 1: It's absolutely perfect. He loved being in the United States.
Speaker 5: Okay, because I know you were like in the what island were you in? I know you were in Saint Martin St.
Speaker 4: Martin. I was going to say Saint Thomas.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So when he was leaving, he saw New York, he saw Jersey, sure, he saw the casinos. He's all South Jersey. I had him everywhere, and when he was leaving, he's like, when are we going to see each other? And I gave him dates. I only have a week and he was like, Darling, that's not long enough. I come back. So he's coming back.
Speaker 4: Doing like the long distance thing too.
Speaker 5: You know, it's it's not easy, but I would say nothing worth having Kevin comes Easy's that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What about me.
Speaker 1: In Canada right now?
Speaker 2: At the moment, I'm CAUs my sister lives in Ottawa and I've been here. My family came up, my kids, my grandkids, came up. You want to know about my dating life?
Speaker 1: Yes, you hear it, Although you just did a show an.
Speaker 2: Amazing I gotta tell you, Uh, you know, I went when Keith came on the show, when we were on the show and Keith said, Kathy and I I have no romantic neither of us. We're just good friends. But you know, I was like, great, Now my d ms are gonna flood with you.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that, Katy, even that we're getting off a Golden Bachelor. Oh, your dms are gonna blow.
Speaker 2: Up all these honestly, Honestly, Sam, though, the truth is I would I have a ton of energy. I love to do adventure, I love to do stuff, and I would love to find that person that would love to share uh this stage, this last great chapter of my life. I would love to find that person. But here's what one of the main things I've learned about myself is I am a complete and happy person. Why I am, and I have great family and great grandkids. And if it happens, it's great. And if it doesn't happen, then you know, I can chase after you when Alie Joe's you know it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Work, That's right, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: You know, share and share a like do unto others all those things. Well, I'm a happy person. Friendship, but anyone have a But since you brought up Sam, you got a father and uncle, a stepfather.
Speaker 3: Grand listen, we do I know a lot of people.
Speaker 4: So we should do like a dating game. You guys should come here, we go there, and.
Speaker 2: Come on come to oft.
Speaker 4: I think US three would have obviously seased you two if you're in Paris, but US through we're in Paris the same time, Like that would have been.
Speaker 3: Our own show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was so disappointed you guys weren't there. I really was, and.
Speaker 1: I'm disappointed, but you weren't there at the same time. It would have been great.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 6: What do you guys think about the show so far? What do you guys think about the money the money aspect.
Speaker 1: I think it changed the dynamic of everything. I mean, it was exciting that you could win, but I don't trust any of the relationships now. It put it, yeah, a twist, I do.
Speaker 2: I think. You know they say not for love, nor money or money corrupts. I think it can. I think it's an interesting aspect to the show. It definitely changes the show, but in some ways, I think it makes it more interesting and just seeing how some of the relationships are going to play out. I'm loving watching the show. I'm a big fan.
Speaker 1: I'm such a romantic I'm in love with love and I've seen couples that like disappointed me when I saw some things that were happening, like I really believe they were really in it together, and now I'm looking like you bastards.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, I always want to know, and I you know, I will ask almost anything, but I want to know when. Like when I watched back the show in my own I'm not surprised. I mean, I know what I said, I know what I did. But I wonder when other people watch the show back in those that are in relationships, what do they think about hearing things about their guy or girl that they didn't know happened. That always just just from a yeah, we sociological point of view.
Speaker 4: We talked about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you don't know, and there's anything that you weren't honest with maybe to her, and it was in front of a camera and then you're kind of playing.
Speaker 3: You have no idea it could get shown. It cannot.
Speaker 1: So is there any specific couple that you really have hopes for as of right now? What you see, I would.
Speaker 5: Say Spencer and Justin don't really just like the most genuine for each other and like good energy and for the right reasons and like not for clouts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I like them a lot, I think, I mean, especially because I took Jess on a date.
Speaker 3: Whenever I was.
Speaker 1: There, did look at you like you joke about it?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Episode and I was like, how was that spongebath?
Speaker 2: Do you like any shower?
Speaker 4: When he takes a shower, I'm like, you want a sponge bath?
Speaker 1: That's cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I think that they're I think that they're really good for each other.
Speaker 6: Though I think that I probably put Jess and it really I don't think it was a difficult decision for her at all, And I think that just spoke volumes about her commitment to Spencer at that time, and then to see them like still kicking it and going strong right now. Out of everybody, I know, every relationship has its challenges. I think the weight of those challenges though, can They're all different, and it seems like maybe their obstacles and their challenges are a little bit lighter and maybe a little bit more reasonable than what I'm seeing from a lot of these other relationships.
Speaker 2: On what did you think? I have to ask you what did you think about the Goldens? And be nice, what did you think about the Goldens.
Speaker 6: Being on listen? I think that you guys are the freaking best. I'm just pissed that I didn't get to meet you guys. And the whole world loves you guys too. It's kind of funny. I joke with her about it. I'm like, yeah, we all went on Gen season, weren't really like Grant season, you know.
Speaker 3: But and then the Goldens came about and everybody's like the Golden Yeah, yeah, And I didn't get to see you guys. You guys came in hot.
Speaker 1: They did great entrance entrance.
Speaker 2: I I you know, by I don't you saw it? But my secret that whole thing, like damn, I was getting a date because I did not get a date on our season. I was determined I was scoring to win a date.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's how I felt too.
Speaker 1: So do you do every other one who travels to who is that part of a thing.
Speaker 5: Or yeah, but it doesn't really bother I was like, there's been occurrences where like I came here the past couple of times, but that's okay because like we went to Atlanta this weekend.
Speaker 1: Different.
Speaker 4: It just like has worked out like like that, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Your schedule is flexible enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it depends.
Speaker 2: I mean, Sam, I gotta ask one more question you you are you not afraid that she could haul off and give you a left jab and a right hook.
Speaker 6: Listen, that's what I That's what I kind of like though a little bit, I'm like, yeah, I gotta be all my best behavior for the most part.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he's very like supportive.
Speaker 5: Like I've gone to him a couple of things have been going on with like personal things, and I've gone to like ask for questions and just advice, and he's given me the best advice and just been so supportive. So that was something that was really important to me because you know, we're not together, so to pick up a phone or to have like important conversations on FaceTime, you know, you don't.
Speaker 4: Want it to be here.
Speaker 5: And I think it's just it's not like it was a test, but I think it's a good test to see, you know, when things do go sideways or south in life because how it happens, like how he'll show up there, how he'll show up for me.
Speaker 2: So let me say, we don't know whether you guys what your fuguals, but Susan, would you not agree he the words you guys are using. You show up for each other, You listen, you communicate well, you spend time making time for each other, all your families get along. All these things are ingredients that make a good relationship. And so, whether you know, our hope is that it just continues to grow.
Speaker 1: For you listen to friends, they paid attention. The friendship has to be strong, yes, right, and we see it. We see it. We love this.
Speaker 3: When you care that much, it's it's easy.
Speaker 6: It's easy to listen when the person front of you.
Speaker 2: You, oh, she's gonna cry, Okay, come over it.
Speaker 1: We love this. I hate to say this, but I think that does it. For today's episode A Bachelor Happy Hours, Golden Hour, I want to thank you both for opening up to us and being here with us today. It means the world to us, right, Katy, really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thanks you guys. Your advice was great. We love seeing you guys so happy. Thank you all so much for joining us, and be sure to follow Bachelor Happy Hour because we do have new episodes coming out every week that you don't want to miss. Today you heard all about Sam and Ali Joe, Well, you don't know who's around the corner.
Speaker 1: And make sure you keep submitting the questions to us. You know what to do to go to bachelornation dot com slash Golden Hour, or you can dm us on Instagram at Bachelor Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: Listen to Bachelor Happy Hours Golden Hour or on the iHeart Radio app or wherever you catch your podcasts. Until next time, have a great week.