Speaker 1: Second date update.
Speaker 2: I was curious recently and googled how to get your first date back to your house?
Speaker 3: What he bro And that sounds tricky, like you're trying to trick them into it.
Speaker 2: Then I had to go back and add the word willingly thank you. A bunch of other stuff came up with portals to the dark web, so I was like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, probably shouldn't go that route.
Speaker 4: You mean to keep talking and have a cop You did that on a work computer too, didn't you.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, PHR wants to come at me, Go find me somewhere else. But there's a lot of ideas online once you put in the correct search about grabbing coffee or drinks at a bar close to where you live, easy, or tell them about a pet at home that you'd really love.
Speaker 1: To introduce to me. You have to have a pet, though, that's true. Make sure that you're checking all those boxes. It's a pet lamp in the morning.
Speaker 2: But apparently none of that is better than what our listener, Kevin say he did. He told his date about a hobby and I don't even know what it is, but apparently it convinced her to go home with him to check out his place, So let's learn about it, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, excited to hear about what your hobby is?
Speaker 3: Kevin?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, why don't we go back to the beginning. Tell us about the woman that you met. What's her name?
Speaker 5: Yeah, her name is Meadow. She's really cool.
Speaker 1: Meadows.
Speaker 3: Did you guys meet on a dating app? Kevin?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we definitely did.
Speaker 2: Yep, a dark web dating app or one of the normal web dating apps.
Speaker 5: Normal once.
Speaker 1: A cute place to meet.
Speaker 4: So all right, how are you feeling about meeting up with her before you guys saw each other?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean she's awesome. I mean we both like coseplay and or the rings. You know, she's got a similar interest.
Speaker 1: So what did you guys do for your date?
Speaker 5: Yeah? We we decided we were going to go catch some drinks and we did and we hung out there for a while. Wasn't it too far from where I lived?
Speaker 3: And was that way? Was that planned by you? Kevin?
Speaker 5: Well, it certainly was easy to get there and easy to get back. Should it go that way?
Speaker 1: Such a politician?
Speaker 5: Yes? Me?
Speaker 2: All right, So what's this hobby that you brought up that convinced her to go back with you.
Speaker 5: It's really cool. I don't know if you're big on TikTok or whatnot, but there's a trend happening right now called fridge skaping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, fridge skaping.
Speaker 4: It's like a playoff of landscaping because it's like making your fridge the inside, Yes, the inside looks so beautiful where you like put all of your vegetables in an open container and you make your.
Speaker 2: People do like the soda rack shells and they're all organized by color.
Speaker 1: No, it's more than that.
Speaker 2: Like you put flowers sometimes in photos and they're like, it's cool, but it is like no offense, a little bit weird, Kevin. That weird because you're not you're not putting any actual food in your fridge.
Speaker 4: If you find a single man that doesn't have just an old slice of pizza in his fridge, you're winning, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Kevin, why why did you do it? What made you want a fridge escape?
Speaker 5: Well, like, I am a huge fan of Lord of the Rings. Like, as I mentioned, a lot of my house is pretty decked out. I'm like, why am I stopping at my fridge? You know?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: Wait, is there a Lord of the Rings theme to your fridge scaping kind of.
Speaker 5: It's like kind of like Rivendale in Lord of the Rings. One of the things I dated. I found this hydraulic pump that like I created a waterfall that kind of runs over my fresh Yeah, it just helps rejuvenate the fruit. Yes, I would.
Speaker 3: Go back to see that.
Speaker 4: Other guys, all I have is a carrot crisper where I put my carrots in water water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need an eye of Sauron at the top blinking.
Speaker 5: Not in my fridge. He is not welcome.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is just the good parts of the LOWD.
Speaker 3: No wonder she would go back to your house. Any of us would. Wow.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you brought this up to her before you went back to your place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was like totally, I'll see that. She loved the waterfall. And then I also built this like treehouse that has like a nest that the eggs actually did in.
Speaker 1: What are you sure that she liked it, like for real?
Speaker 2: Or was she just being like, oh, okay, this is I mean, it sounds like a lot like a.
Speaker 4: Big Could a fridge like this be a turnof No, the woman's into cosplay.
Speaker 3: It It sounds like, I mean, what do you think, Kevin.
Speaker 5: That's the thing. Honestly, I mean I thought she was like into it. We were there for like twenty thirty minutes, like looking at everything, and I even like let her kind of rearrange stuff. And I don't let anybody mess with my art usually.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, she's probably just trying to find some actual food in there that she can eat that's not part of the decoration.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean she placed it nicely. It looked good what she did. I was like, okay, yeah, I approve.
Speaker 1: I have that's I ever read a question? Does it smell okay?
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, you have to be you have to be up with.
Speaker 3: It, dude.
Speaker 4: This immediately signals a man who has clean sheets, okay, a man who is put together, who's on time for dates, Like I feel like that would be a good thing. I bet for her exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, sure, Brooke, I could see you being like best friends with this guy. I don't know if that means that you necessarily yeah, if it's the most romantic sort of.
Speaker 4: Depends how much time he puts into this on the fridge is getting more attention than new Alexis? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Am I getting taken to water fowls or a fridge.
Speaker 1: Getting a lot, Kevin, do you think that could be a possibility.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's kind of what I'm wondering. But like, she seemed like she was like in all, like she was the rested, and like we we went watch a movie. We watched him Lord of the Rings only for like twenty thirty minutes. And that's the thing I'm like. She said she was tired, and I was like, oh crap, did I you know, did I overdo it?
Speaker 1: Well, you both already watched that movie, so it's like.
Speaker 3: Half hours.
Speaker 2: I mean, dating is tough, and even when you fridge scape as well as you possibly can, sometimes women still aren't impressed.
Speaker 4: Hey, but even if she doesn't like you, buddy, you got a girl back to your house.
Speaker 3: You spend great time with her.
Speaker 1: Everything was fun.
Speaker 4: I know we're supposed to get him another date, but all I want is pictures of the friend.
Speaker 2: Brook might even want to hire you after this to fridge escape for her.
Speaker 1: She wants a mashed potato mountain.
Speaker 2: We're gonna come up with some ideas for Brooks fridge scaping, but in the meantime, let's call meadow for you and try and get some answers when we do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on second Date update.
Speaker 2: When you think about the top qualities women look for in a man, there's confidence, kindness. Oh yes, the ability to turn the inside of a fridge into an exact replica of Middle Earth with a working waterfall to keep your vegetables fresh. Not exaggerating, because one of our listeners, Kevin, is actually doing just that.
Speaker 1: Seriously, He's into fridge.
Speaker 2: Scaping, which, if you didn't know, is where you decorate the inside of your fridge with flowers and pictures and all sorts of beautiful things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't make it sound so mundane.
Speaker 2: Welly, Kevin's exit to a whole new level with a Lord of the Rings theme because he loves that trilogy. And that's how we got a woman named Meadow to come back to his place to check it out.
Speaker 4: Yes, who wouldn't wows place to see it?
Speaker 2: I seriously, who wouldn't want to do that?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Who would?
Speaker 1: To call Meto right now on the radio?
Speaker 2: Thing is it didn't last very long because twenty minutes into watching the Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 1: Movie, she bailed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and has not been staying in contact with him since then, we're trying to help him figure out why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wait, Kevin, we never asked, are you on social media with your fridge?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, yeah, I posted it quite a bit like honestly, it brings a lot of people, quite a bit of joy, like, gets lots.
Speaker 3: Of like do you know if she followed you?
Speaker 5: She hasn't.
Speaker 3: Oh that's disappointing. Rude, Yeah, because I can guarantee she found it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is kind of a side off.
Speaker 5: Note.
Speaker 1: Do I have permission to call her your precious? For you?
Speaker 5: I hope I get to that place.
Speaker 1: She's in the cosplay.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll use it as a last resort if everything's going south, we'll bring Snegel into the equation.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I can do a good Snegel. Nobody nobody charms like Schnegel does.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean that is the biggest turn off.
Speaker 2: But ever ever, that's plan B. Let's start by reaching out to Meadow. Hopefully she paid her phone bill and answers, but we need a weird thing to say.
Speaker 1: You're worried about her phone bill?
Speaker 3: After all this, Why are you gonna got a money shamer.
Speaker 1: In this economy? Who knows.
Speaker 2: I need to stay quiet here, Kevin until we find out what's going on with her, and then you can jump in.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, cool, all right?
Speaker 5: Right now? Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey is this Meadow?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's up? Meadow? You're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: He Meadow, the whole show's here.
Speaker 1: How you doing.
Speaker 5: Hi? This is kind of weird.
Speaker 1: I don't say that.
Speaker 3: I mean I would be a radio stationed.
Speaker 1: No, for real.
Speaker 2: We're a radio show and we're doing a segment called a second Date Update, and we're hoping to get some answers from one of our listeners that you went out with named Kevin.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, Kevin? Yeah, No, I remember Kevin. Yeah, we we went on a date.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: What did you think about him?
Speaker 6: I mean he was really sweet. He was like a nice guy, you know, easy to talk to, really clean, like organized, more than most guys I date. You know, it's like hard to find a normal guy.
Speaker 3: Oh, anyone that can fridge escape?
Speaker 5: Right? Yeah.
Speaker 2: We heard about the fact that he decorated the inside of his fridge with like a Lord of the Rings theme, and it sounded like you thought that was pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had a feeling he had probably mentioned that to you.
Speaker 3: Tell us about it from your perspective.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was beautiful, like he's very talented. I mean I was really impressed.
Speaker 1: Me, even better than I imagine.
Speaker 3: So it didn't weird you out at all.
Speaker 6: It didn't weird me out. I just I felt like it could become a thing that could be an issue for us in the future, just because it like already kind of was an issue that first night.
Speaker 3: What do you mean that night?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: So so he showed me the fridge. It was like really cool.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 6: I was really into it, which I did not expect to be as into it as I was, because you know, it could be weird, but it wasn't. And then I asked to go to the bathroom and there was no toilet paper there, and he let me know he was running low, but he had a roll of toilet paper in the fridge.
Speaker 5: I saw it.
Speaker 6: He was using it for like a hot.
Speaker 5: At home, and I mean it was it.
Speaker 6: Was cool, and he had like fruit and vegetables leaning against it. It was like very intricate.
Speaker 1: That was the only toilet paper he had.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the thing. Like I asked him. I was like, okay, well, can I just use the one in the fridge? I saw there was one in the fridge, and he offered me a rag. He was like, can you just use this rag insteady?
Speaker 1: I was totally grossed out.
Speaker 6: It was I was like, I'm not doing that. And then he was like, okay, well, I guess you can use it. So he like made this big to do about unassembling that gave.
Speaker 1: Me this like oh no.
Speaker 6: It was so awkward. It just like ruined everything. And I was like, this is their first date. Doesn't he want to make a good impression? And then he prioritizes the fridge over me being conquerable, you know, but.
Speaker 4: He thinks of himself as an artist, you know, like it it's hard as an artist to change something.
Speaker 6: I wasn't going to use the whole thing. He took it back and put it back in the fridge after.
Speaker 1: I don't want to put used toilet paper in the fridge.
Speaker 3: That's actually kind of gross, don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like there's any food in there that you're actually eating.
Speaker 1: Though it's mostly just decorative.
Speaker 3: There's definitely food in there.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, we should ask Kevin about it, because he's the only one that knows for sure, and I do need to let you know, Meadow. He's been on the other line listening to this conversation.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Yeah, yeah, Kevin, are you there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sounds like you're kind of regretful.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, you guys just kind of tore my my creation apart. And it's not like I used the used part of the toilet paper roll to put back in there. She used that and plus no.
Speaker 4: He just say, and you put a lot of effort in time.
Speaker 2: He puts three hours of work into the fridge scaping. He only put like a half hour into your date, Meadow, So you haven't earned it yet.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying the hesitation obviously came from there was a lot invested in the hobbit hole, and that's why I offered the rag. I mean, babies use reusable diapers, you know, cloth as an option.
Speaker 6: I mean, all I'm hearing right now is excuses of like why this is okay for you to do? Like you invited me to your house, wouldn't you want me to feel comfortable and taken care of? And like if it's the first date, with the toilet paper, then what does that look like further into a relationship, what other things would get prioritized over your partner.
Speaker 5: Well, now that you know how important my situation is with the fridge and like all the things I placed in it, Like maybe next time, just maybe you could bring your own toilet paper, and.
Speaker 6: Then maybe next time you can have toilet paper for your guests in your home, like for yourself.
Speaker 3: It's a good Like what are you doing, Kevin, He's.
Speaker 2: Got I'm sure he watches it underneath the waterfall that goes over the broccoli.
Speaker 1: He's a problem solver, Kevin.
Speaker 3: The solution to this is to buy toilet paper. That's that's a solution.
Speaker 5: I do buy it. I just happen to use a lot of it in the fridge. I go through it like crazy there and it gets adorned by more.
Speaker 1: Than go to Costco. That's what they're made for. I mean, Kevin, what she's saying, and I think.
Speaker 2: What a lot of women want on a first day is they want a guy who feels like they're being prioritized over the other things going on in their life, even if they do spend a lot of time and effort into it. Like, that's all she's saying is that she wants to know that you're gonna put her first over your fridge.
Speaker 5: Well, then she shouldn't have came back to my house because I was prioritizing it before she saw it.
Speaker 2: You did say you wanted to go back to his house to see the fridge, not to use his bathroom, So there.
Speaker 1: Is there's some shared blame. I think we can all agree.
Speaker 3: I blame the hobbit hole.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't think I have any blame here.
Speaker 2: Meadow, maybe you don't, maybe you do. But either way, how about you make it up to Kevin by saying yes to a date work.
Speaker 6: The way to get a no hold on that's.
Speaker 3: Just Jeffrey sarcasm taking over.
Speaker 1: If I'm doing it wrong, then that's on me, Kevin. Take it away.
Speaker 5: Well, honestly, now that this fantastic option was presented me, I'll get a COSTC membership if you say yes.
Speaker 1: You're offering to supply the toilet paper for the day.
Speaker 3: You didn't know you could buy in Bolk.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't. I've never been a cost go.
Speaker 2: Wow, flag, dude, there is so much stuff for you to fridgeescape with in that Costco. No matter what Meadow, we would like to offer you that date, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 6: You know, at this point, this just feels like too much for me, and I feel like it's just gonna get worse once he gets to Costco.
Speaker 1: We didn't even seem.
Speaker 6: To understand without you guys coaching him why it's the problem in the first place.
Speaker 1: Kevin Man sounds like a no, I'm sorry, dude, your.
Speaker 5: Loss, Like, don't even think about following my account on social media.
Speaker 3: That sounds like.
Speaker 2: A threat sick burn from a fridge scaper that must sting Jeffrey in the morning. Isn't there a famous saying, never get between a man and his eloquently decorated fridge Socrates. Yes, yeah, but sounds like in the end Kevin is probably gonna.
Speaker 3: Be okay, Oh yeah, he's preoccupied. I think all he needs is his fridge.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't even shocked Steve and is looking for a romance.
Speaker 2: Well, there is going to be a woman who shows up at his place one day and she'll say yes to the rag you hold off, Kevin.
Speaker 1: She is out there waiting for you.
Speaker 3: That's the woman he wants.
Speaker 2: He just needs like a wilderness woman who's gonna bring her own Swiss army knife and toilet paper and everything with dripdry.
Speaker 1: Her husband has to clean it up off the floor. It's fine.
Speaker 2: The point is there's someone out there for all of us. Sometimes multiple someone's right, Alexis.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you say something, yeah, and we.
Speaker 2: Want to help convince that person or people to date you. So you can email the show and we'll call those people or persons who aren't calling you back.