Speaker 1: Now Really.
Speaker 2: Really, now really Hello and welcome to Really No Really with Jason Alexander and Peter Tilden, who remind you that subscribing to our show is just good business. And speaking of good business, Daniel Lubetski is a self made billionaire whose fortune was earned with one overriding agenda to foster connection, understanding, and most importantly, kindness between people who are in conflict with each other. His best known success would undoubtedly be Kind Snacks, the nutrition company that leads the market in nutritional bars and snack items around the world.
Speaker 1: Today, he discusses how he.
Speaker 2: Almost made a two hundred million dollar mistake, what it took to make Kind a successful brand, and his new efforts to empower people to work across social divides and to create lasting relationships. But what fascinates us most is how a man devoted to kindness became the newest member of NBC's notorious shark Tank.
Speaker 1: Really No Really, Now Here are.
Speaker 2: Two guys that even sharks swim away from in fear or possibly just disinterest, Jason and Peter.
Speaker 3: So today on our show, we're going to talk to somebody who's one of my hero Why are you singing? Well, heroics. I was gonna use a heroic theme. I couldn't think of any but a he no censor, right, that's a song.
Speaker 4: You can't do any songs though, because how many bars is it before you get charged?
Speaker 3: I think it's eight?
Speaker 4: You know it would we would have to cancel our future episodes for.
Speaker 3: Via Laurian David. We pay the royalty on the on the eight bars, and then we hang up the podcast.
Speaker 4: You're in FID You're going you sing seven bars of that podcast good night, right good on more episodes show. He's a hero because.
Speaker 3: He's a hero of mine. Because you'll you'll see when you talk to him. I mean, he's fascinating for a number of reasons, and he's only recently become sort of a big figure in the public eye because he's the newest shark on shark I want to talk.
Speaker 4: To him as well. Really know, really, year sixteen, you've replaced Mark Cuban on Shark Tank, which is a show. I gotta tell you, I don't think you noticed about me. So on the weekend, like when I'm working, I like having something in the background. Yeah, twenty four to seven Shark Tank is on, so I can look up and go, no, why are you investing in that? That's not proprietor he's lying to you.
Speaker 3: Fascinating, Yeah, you're interested in him because Danny's had a fascinating journey through business where that has led him to become the newest shark, I totally self made guy who's a multi billionaire at this point. I am fascinated by him because here's a guy who is the newest shark on Shark Tank, whose entire journey through life and business has been about fostering connection and understanding and kindness between people who are in conflict. So he uses business to real and lasting relationships between people who do not not just necessarily get along. And my journey through life with him, my association to him has been through that. But it's fascinating to me that that kind of guy is.
Speaker 4: He's the newest Shark. And one of the things he said he had to learn is to interrupt, to cut through because because it's a really competitive show. So I have because I'm an uber fan of that show, and as are many people, because it's sixteen seasons, and also I try not to waste my time watching I like documentaries, I like stuff where I can learn. I love watching guys who are successful take me through a process of why something will work, how they think, and what they do. So I also want to find out the vetting process that they do, because you only got X amount of time to pick whether.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it started before these guys make their little or.
Speaker 4: Maybe, and they do a lot in a day they do, so I want to find out a bunch about that which will tell me a lot about him.
Speaker 3: So let me tell you about them for those of you who only know him as a shark, he is the new member of Shark Tank. Daniel Lobetski is a self made billionaire founded Kind Snacks if you eat the Kind Bars. He founded that in two thousand and four, sold it off to Mars in twenty twenty. He is also the founder of the Builder's Movement, a civic initiative, and the investment company Comino Partners and Listen to this business resume. In ninety four. Nineteen ninety four, he created peace Works, Inc. A not only for profit business pursuing peace and profit. He started connecting businesses and working people from countries in conflict and building bridges through business venture. Two thousand and two, he co founded the One Voice Movement. That's how I met, an international grassroots effort to amplify the voices of moderate Israelis and Palestinians seeking to end their conflict. Two thousand and three, he was concerned about unhealthy snacking choices and the rise of obesity and diabetes, so he launched Kind Snacks. By twenty fifteen, Kind was the fastest growing snack company in the US. He also, in twenty fifty fifteen created Pataco, a video conferencing and digital learning platform that connects classrooms around the world to help kids explore their similarities and differences. In twenty eighteen, he established Equalibra Partners, the firm back's entrepreneur run businesses that offer package goods to consumers. In twenty twenty one, he launched Another Thing I'm part of Starts with Us, a movement to foster and embrace diversity of thought and techniques for better communication and cooperation among people of different backgrounds, and that has gone into an initiative called Builders, the Builders Movement, which seeks to encourage people to work together and reduce polarization.
Speaker 4: So he tells me what I learned about him? This guy can't hens it's still for me.
Speaker 3: He can't sit still. He's got a gorgeous family, he speaks five to six seven languages, and he is truly, truly one of my personal heroes. This is a guy I love and admire and look up to. So look at that he showed up. He's a very big, important person and he showed up.
Speaker 5: I always shaw for Jason Alexander.
Speaker 4: Wherever he tells me, say that that's the kind of do you show up for a businessman? You show up early or just on time.
Speaker 5: It depends who you ask.
Speaker 6: If you ask my team, they will start telling you that I'm the worst of time management. Wow, But I I think I'm very part of myself pretty well.
Speaker 4: So there's a first disconnect.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can tell you he has to be good at time management because he judges it, juggles nineteen different you know, branches of a career and interest at any given time between family.
Speaker 6: I'm very productive, Jason, but I do struggle with especially the first meeting. When I was running time full time and I was working, I was sleeping four or five hours a day and working really, really hard.
Speaker 5: Nobody wanted to be the first meeting because.
Speaker 6: I would hits. I would step up till two, three, four him in the morning checking emails. Then at eight am I would hit snows and then once you start late, it continues. I think I've gotten better as I've grown older, but it's time management is an issue. And I just learning the last couple of years that I have ADHD and people like me don't have the spatial temporal abilities that Like my wife, she's like, Okay, you're going to pick up these one of these, I'm going to pick up these, Like how did you do that? Like land the planes that I don't have. I think something is going to take me five minutes. That takes me fifteen minutes. And I just don't have the ability to properly judge that. If we say be there at four pm, I show up in the parking lot at four pm, and then I didn't think that I needed.
Speaker 3: To show secure. Yeah, we did the whole thing on ADHD. It's a superpower. So how many right now? I listed all your credits coming up to this moment, but between the organizations that you sort of run or have a significant participation in and the numbers of companies as well as Shark Tank, how many active ventures are you working on now.
Speaker 5: I'm embarrassed. I couldn't. I don't ever think about it that so I couldn't give you the number.
Speaker 3: But it's more than five, right, there's like at least dozens.
Speaker 6: If you think about the portfolio companies or the things that we've incubated, and all the foundations who started it. It's a ton of things. But that's not necessarily a superpower or something to be proud. Sometimes you spread yourself to thin, but I've been fortunate to be able to get a couple that have skilled up.
Speaker 4: Let's start with kind for just one second because I'm fascinated, and this leads into Shark Tank and entrepreneurship in a bigger way. You started in college, you started a business, so you're always entrepreneur. Your dad was in business. I understand.
Speaker 5: When I was eight years old, I started.
Speaker 4: I started business Ason and.
Speaker 5: Our fellow magicians.
Speaker 6: When I was eight years old, I started doing magic shows and nobody really wanted to attend.
Speaker 5: But that's how it started.
Speaker 3: Why we're both successes today.
Speaker 4: Nobody cared about our metrics so but sure so, kind bar you saw that there was a need, there's an obesity. You saw that there was a space in the market for that. To launch a food product is so complicated, and how do you even gauge number one, that it's the right product at that time and get investment, and then number two, how do you keep it? I mean it's still today out there, very successful with a lot of competition. You bought the company back from the initial investors because you bet on the future. What information do you have that you said, I'm sure this is going to go ahead and grow. I'm so invested in this because of what is it gut? Or is are there metrics do you look at and you go, I can tell how to grow this?
Speaker 6: Well, in my case, Peter, it was pagers of mistakes and lessons because when I met Jason more than two decades ago, I was running a company called piece Works that was trying to promote peace through business and with ventures in the Middle East between Israelis, Palestinians, Judaine as Egyptian serfs and an Indonesian venture, a Sri Lanka adventurer, South African venturer, a Mexican venture but always u seeing business as a force for bringing neighbors together. It ended up becoming a food company and I would make so many mistakes, like it was two steps forward, two steps backward, And after ten years of all of these mistakes, I had the idea for a product that became Kind because I myself was either sitting on my desk till two am in the morning working or presscrossing the country selling our products and not having a healthy snack that I could feel good about eating on the go or when I was in my desk, and I had the idea for what became Kind, and then Kind benefited from all of the lessons of ten years of mistakes. So in my case, what I had was pattern recognition, developed a little stupid things of thin years, But then that served me very well because you have to be disciplined. Then you have to be true to the brand, to be focused in terms of setting clear guards.
Speaker 5: Everything I hadn't done at Peace Worlds.
Speaker 3: But here's here's one of the things. I don't know, Danny, correct me if I'm wrong about this, because God knows, you know, I've confused fantasy in fact along the way. But I thought one of the things you did to really get Kind into the marketplace initially was that you went to either whole Foods or Starbucks, and you said to them, I will give you a certain time period of free product and if it does something for you, then we'll talk. If it doesn't, we want it. Was that true that I that I missed Jason.
Speaker 6: When I was getting started, I offered, you know, I would wash your car, personal massage services.
Speaker 5: I would do anything to get because Kind.
Speaker 6: Right now it's like pretty iconic and people connected it as a health snack part, but back then that category didn't exist.
Speaker 5: So when I was presenting.
Speaker 6: It to the buyers, even if they liked me, they're like, I don't know where to put this. So yes, I would offer them some free product or would I would take a lot of risks. But the cool thing about Kind is that once consumers would see it, they got it immediately, and they they were immediate. They became our engine or pros that our consumer was word of mouth and they would buy and recommend it to friends and gifted.
Speaker 4: What was the story is important because the name kind. First off, it's transparent packaging, which is interesting. You can see the knots, you can see the stuff that's in it. But also does it have to resonate with the consumer like the products that have a name that resonate kind already you feel something about it, there's an emotional connection to it, and then the marketing of that. How important is that.
Speaker 6: I think eventually that helped us, But it actually didn't start that way, Peter, because in my peace works years, I was so now with the concept of the mission that I talked all the time about our mission and I didn't talk enough about our products. When we launched Kind, we did name it Kind. When I met Jason, I was wearing a beard, but not as beautiful as the one he's having. It was a beard of mourning because I just I don't know, I remember the Jason. When I met to my dad had just passed the way, and so I was in mourning and I had a beard. And that's the year we launched Kind, and we named it Kind partly after my father was in spite of what he went through in the Holocaust, he was the kindest man and everywhere he went he just brought kindness to the world. And we wanted the brand to stand for kind to your body, kind to test taste buds, and kind to your world to use nutrition, nutrient danse ingredients that's kind of your body, to taste delicious and to try to be a positive force for humanity. But we didn't really emphasize that the brand was kind. But people didn't really understand the story. I didn't talk about what I just told you. All I talked about is delicious, delicious, helpful, delicious. And I didn't even talk because I was just I didn't have that many researchs. I just put it on the shelves people solid transparent packaging. What was driving ourselves initially was the hand crafted feel, and then people would try it. I'm like, wow, this is really I feel like I'm doing something kind to my body, like I'm meeting it. I can tell that there's no trend dense, I can tell that it's real, like it had more substance than any of the other competitive products that were living with sugar artificial ingredients. And it really was the product that drove ourselves the first many years. We only started talking because I think I overadjusted from the Piece Roop series. My lesson was don't talk so much about social media, but I think I overdid it, so we never talked about our social mission in our first years.
Speaker 5: We only started leaning into that more as we grew up.
Speaker 3: Kid the foundation start after the success of the of the Bars.
Speaker 6: The mission existed from the outset, but it was very interesting where we started the mission of the kind to the world. The way we manifested and it's almost embarrassing to share this used by us a monthly crew of six or ten people doing kind things for our community. So we would go and we were walk with umbrellas in the parking lot, but at one place because we're six people with that people, right, So when we wanted to do conductivations, we were erry groceries for people for one place.
Speaker 5: One location. It was not scalable.
Speaker 6: And as we started thinking about I'm trying to remember was the magical moment that brought me to think this, But I realized that the people that are buying our products are very fortunate. They they they will get more out of doing the kind thing than receiving the kind tables. What's magic all about kindness is that it just increases happiness. Because if I don't kind that for you, you feel good about it, but I feel even better because I feel better about myself. And when I had that insight, when I started thinking, I'm like, wow, what if instead of us getting somebody's groceries. What if we invite our community to be part of becoming ambassadors of kindness. And that's when it clicked that we started doing activations where would give up cards that if I did a kind act for you, then it was to pass it on, and you doing kind of passed on. And we started doing a ton of activations something called kind causes, but a bunch of things where it was all of our community doing the kind thats for others.
Speaker 5: And then what would happen is if everybody.
Speaker 6: Joined forces and trigger over a million kind ducks in a particular activation, then it would trigger a big kind act from us. We would clean up the beach or give a million kind bars to veterans and people that are serving our communities. Or we would figure the small kinds from all of us woul trigger every kind that but the magical moments where we realize that the movement, the kind movement, and the kind foundation was about also leashing the kindness that is inside all over.
Speaker 4: So I'm curious, having had I had an advertising background before I went into broadcasting. When you're talking and you're coming up with these ideas, ambassador, I'm going to do that is it a singular thing where you're going, No, I get this and I'm sticking to my vision and I'm right. Or are you getting input from people and how do you keep it from getting diluted?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a beautiful question.
Speaker 6: First of all, when I started Piece Works, I was one person operation and I was literally right across from a trash compactor in a window as basement of my apartment building in Manhattan, and it was a makeshift table that one of those like Ricketty like temperate tables, and that's where I ran Piece Rocks out of and I learned the hard way to learn how to empower people attract people. By the time that I launched clients, I'm a little bit better at managing team members and empowering them. And certainly by the time that kind is striving, I'm an orchestra director, but I'm really just unlocking the best for my team. So truly, when things have really gone well for me, I am able to work with the most amazing people and when we're coming up with these ideas, whether.
Speaker 5: It's naming it kind Sasha Hair had an important role in.
Speaker 6: That the best of Peter is what you don't even remember who came up with the idea, because your brain, like we just there really is no pride of authorship?
Speaker 5: Is that how you said it?
Speaker 1: Like that?
Speaker 4: But that's really it's very interesting that you.
Speaker 6: Do need to know where you to northeast, right, and so there I would face pushback from some of my smartest team members are the ones that I have the most tension with. They used to think that I was too naive in challenging my community to elevate it, to do more kind stuff. And they're like, Daniel, we're selling health is not chill do it?
Speaker 5: What is you like? And so spiritual, just relaxed, dude.
Speaker 6: Like we're just selling health, is not stop making it so much changing the world. And I would like, well, but that's what gives me meaning, and we are going to challenge our community and the work with it was a little bit more authentically idealistic because I was driving that.
Speaker 3: Danny. In that answer, though, you touched on a thing that I think most people get crippled by. But it seems to empower you and I'd love to the extent you can to talk about it. You've had failures both in your business ventures and I know, I mean I don't want to call the One Voice movement a failure, but its goal was to empower Israelis and Palestinians to negotiate what is essentially their own terms for a two state solution. You know, I first went with you to Israel in Postan in the early nineties. We still don't have that solution. It is arguably a movement that has certainly not fully succeeded, if not failed. So how do you, whether it be in your social movement or in your business ventures. When you hit these bumps, you hit these these failures or these certainly setbacks, what gets you to move forward or do you? Is there ever a moment where you go, we have to surrender it. This is not going to work.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 3: When you hit these bumps, you hit these these failures or these certainly setbacks, what gets you to move forward or do you? Is there ever a moment where you go, we have to surrender it. This is not going to work.
Speaker 5: Listen. There's every day of my life.
Speaker 6: Moments when I feel like surrendering, every single day, and it's the same mission that keeps me going because there's no alternative but to win, Like there's the mission is what fuels me because the same things that make me so daunted and terrified are the same things that I'm like, we have to win.
Speaker 5: The stakes are very high. If I was just doing this to make.
Speaker 6: Another dollar, to sell another bar, yeah, maybe it would be easier to give up. But when you're trying to change the world for the better and to build bridges and to foster kindness and to inspire people to work together, and to help the relations and pastinions resolve this historic conflict, you can't give up.
Speaker 5: And what drives me is.
Speaker 6: The memory of what my father went through and the commitment to prevent that from happening again to others. And when you have something fueling you like that, you're unstoppable. The unfortun it can also yield you being stubborn in the face of challenges that sometimes might you know, I learned the hard way that grit is not enough.
Speaker 5: You also need wit.
Speaker 6: And what I look for in entrepreneurs and what I sometimes maybe need to do more of is be more self reflective, be more tough on myself and strategic, and hold myself and my projects to a higher standard in terms of like, like you know, after October seventh and the way that the anti Semitism and other films of hate have explored it all, and the even independent of that, all these a pressor versus victim, left versus right, black versus white, Drew versus Muslim, all these extreme frameworks of you know, you're either an a pressor or a victim, and you're born and a press sort of you lose your ability to be a protagonist in your own life. You're told that you're a victim, and you're told you're a person nothing that you can.
Speaker 5: Do can change, and that makes no sense. And we need to.
Speaker 6: Challenge these frameworks. This is the builder's movement, which is probably from everything I've done over the last thirty plus years. It's the lesson of how we need to replace all these odds versus them mentalities with a problem solving mindset and join together and figure out how to work through these things. And the challenges are epics. Social media contributes to all these divisive algorithms. Traditional media gets more ratings with more scandal. Politicians make more money raising money against driving wedges against one another, special interest or an interest. The problem is that we've been told that only we tried to believe those so Democrats think that these values are not shared by Republicans. Republicans think that these values are not chewed by Democrats. They think that thirty percent of the other side agree with as villars Worth. It's more like eighty percent. The biggest problem is that extremism begets extremism right. The more that we see on the other side an absolute enemy, the more that we then become extremists. And it's happening in America, it's happening in the world that we need to break the shackles of extremism and join us builders and start seizing back our lives.
Speaker 3: What's so fascinating? But first of all, you know, I love you, and I love the way you think, and I love the things you work on, and I'm so excited to be associated with them. But I wanted you to meet this guy because this guy who just told you all that is somehow a shark.
Speaker 4: So you know what's interesting, because it's hard after you talk about that to go to shark tank because it seems trivial. But what popped it to my head was ready, you're sitting with other shark builders and risk takers like you and have built portfolios, have you been surprised by anything you've learned in watching them and the questions they ask and where they go and how they do their business and how they live their lives, or what's the lesson learned from sitting there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I absorbed so much. Oh my god, I have never told.
Speaker 6: You this one, Jason, and I think you'll appreciate this because when people ask me about my experience, I always come to this Siginfeld episode where Jason's acting as George Coustanza, and remember when he's driving in the car and then it's like somebody called them a stream or something retears like.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, I sort of come back with these returns, right, guys?
Speaker 6: He comes up with a comeback line a week later that literally happens to me on Shark.
Speaker 5: I am in the tank with.
Speaker 6: These sharks, and they are very witty and very fast, and invariably they've already done six seasons. Invariably a couple of days later, I'm like, oh my god, I should have responded to market.
Speaker 5: And I always think of Jason's two way.
Speaker 3: Two way just they just use Jerkstar every time Jerkstar call. But I wonder that was the line the jerkstar call. They're running out of you, so you can use that. Just bring it up at any time. You're the loss on that show.
Speaker 4: So when I'm sitting there, I'm yelling at the screen girl, let's propriet I can knock that office proprietary? Why are you investing in that? So somebody's picking your product? You don't know the world, their competition. You're not an expert in their world. How do you make a decision on the fly there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, super hard, and it's part of what makes it intellectually stimulating because you're right, this is real, You really are meaning them for the first time. You have no data. You can't be looking online for the competition, right, So in terms of the competition, you have to assume that there is competition, because it is a very efficient marketplace and there's always competition to everything. In fact, when the entrepreneur trads to claim that there's no competition, they already lose a creability.
Speaker 5: In this last part, when we record.
Speaker 6: In September, there was one entrepreneur that had to pitch something, and because I come from the food industry, based on his price structure, I could tell that he was on manufacturing himself that he was having a jar giant company manufacturer, and he was claiming.
Speaker 5: To be.
Speaker 6: The guy with control over all the persons, where he was just buying it like anybody could. So I deduced that and I used my experience to try to lose that. But in general, you just have to assume that there is competition, because that is so hard. You need to look at the attributes of the product and the marketplace, but more than they need to look at the attributes of the person. Are there creative thinker, they're thinking like a builder, the compassion or courageous, curious to the acknowledged mistakes, are the introspectives of the acknowledged failures.
Speaker 5: In the life of any entrepreneur, there's going to be ups and downs.
Speaker 6: And you need to learn how to pivot, how to react to things, how to not just have grit but also with and so and above all, you want to have a person that you enjoy helping because you really are going to be in the trenches with them when things go down, and you want to be helping people you enjoy. So for me, the most important thing is the character of the person.
Speaker 5: Are they authentic? Are they introspective?
Speaker 6: Do they have integrity if you have that, and another hard working and smart, because if they have those things, there's more likelihood that they'll be able to overcome the challenges they'll take.
Speaker 3: But the assess all that, and then, by the way, a hammock company.
Speaker 4: You got from that, a hammock company, a.
Speaker 6: Hammock and you know what's happening with a company you million dollars in revenues, yellow yellow leaf. It's not just a hammock company, it's a I think the hammock throne for me, is very disruptive. I actually don't think we have really tapped the potential because people have not sufficiently discovered the hammock thrown.
Speaker 5: Jason, you know what I'm talking about with the hammock thrown, and.
Speaker 3: I have a vague idea of it because you know, when I was just catching up on what you were doing, there was a little bit I watched a little bit of the episode with it. But it's how is it? How is it different from like a hammock?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I've had bad experiences with regular hammocks as a child, where you roll out, you can't get.
Speaker 6: Why were you doing in the hammock? When I was living in Manhattan. I came back from Mexico and I wanted to install a hammock so reminded me of my childhood. And the building will let us because they didn't let you attach to the ceiling or dry something like it. The hammock throne provides you a solution because you don't need to attach it to the wall.
Speaker 5: And also the way it cradles you, it's it's, it's, it's it's.
Speaker 6: More enjoyable than a traditional hammock that goes long. It's more like a hamtick that goes wide, and it's just you have to experience and it's really you. You get kuns. You feel so comfortable. My kids and I love anytime you come to our house. Jason, you need to come visit one day. Will the place that everybody fights to sit down.
Speaker 3: In the heaven.
Speaker 4: You were a good salesperson for the hammock. I'll tell you that. Wow.
Speaker 3: Danny just going, we're ping ponging between your two your two lives. Can you briefly describe for people what the builder's movement is and what what your sort of immediate goals because I you know, I'm on the mailing list and I see all the online posts as well. But for people that don't know about the Builder's movement, can you can you sort of introduce it to.
Speaker 6: Them, Jason, When you and I started working on this stuff together over two decades ago, our goal was to bring American values of civility, kindness, respect to the world and to the Middle East, to help use ourselves stablish to bring people together.
Speaker 5: The opposite that's happened to your point about us failing.
Speaker 6: I mean, now the world over the last ten years has gotten more dangerous, more painful, and a lot of the values that I think are fundamental anchors of the American dream and spirit breathom democracy, rule of law, respect, kindnessability, which are essential to the function of our democracy. And so Builders as a global movement, where with the Foundation in the United States is trying to elevate the mindset of a builder. A builder's mindset is about having curiosity, compassion, creativity, and courage. The force sees of a builder's mindset. That means curiosity is not assuming that you have all the answers, unlike what your social media feed tells you, because your social media is just affirming your beliefs. It seems where you click and it gives you more of that, so you're not seeing the other side. But we all think we are under in the world. And so in the realms of education, in the realm of civility and civics, in the political space, and in the realm of media, we have builders' tools to try to empower people so that they can not tell them what to think, but help them how to think. We're trying to increase the value of being a builder because right now the media just the spotlight on the most divisive people. And so you know who Maltretailer Green is, you know who AOC is, you know who RESO like is. But guess what when the media tells you we're just doing our job, that's bs the media is also just weaponizing all of us.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. We had a guest on a while ago who said, I'm trying to figure out an algorithm because we know that anger now engaged, it's the best engagement, and that's why everybody's using anger and clickbaiting. He said, wouldn't it be great if we could find something to displace anger that was just as strong and effective. Is anybody looking at it? Is anybody trying to the only hope is your guy next to you. Humor.
Speaker 6: Humor is the only power that can defeat, the only thing that travels better than hate. It's not love, because love sometimes is boring. Humor travels really, really well. So I think we need humor to win.
Speaker 3: This is why I love this man. This is why I have followed him anywhere he wants to.
Speaker 4: You know what, It's funny too with a guy like him. You're worth a lot of money, You've got a lot of success. You don't need to do this, you don't need the aggravation. You don't need to push back. You don't know, but you do it because you feel a responsibility to do it, like you have to do it. I have to get up in the morning because let me ask your question.
Speaker 6: Looking at Jason like you don't feel every fivenues the need to just hog that beard, and just like he looks so I want to hug him, and I just want to to share.
Speaker 4: It's thirty plus years and I have no interest in touching him at all.
Speaker 3: You want to drug it, that's up the way.
Speaker 4: You've got a lot of test more testos run and I thought you would have this point to tell you the truth it's a pro.
Speaker 7: It's liquor, pro liquor. It's great that we ended. After all, it's touched you. You see, you created a bond. She wants to see me touch you. And now we're out.
Speaker 4: He created a bond. That's how you're going. We wait, we made a bridge.
Speaker 3: It is my love to your family, Stay well and truck.
Speaker 4: Kick fight on season sixteen.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: So that's my friend, my friend, personal friend of mine, Daniel Levetsky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's an interesting, an interesting, amazing guy and I can't wait to see him on Shark Tank. He's really smart and watched the I.
Speaker 3: Got to tell you. On top of everything else, you can hear his accent. He's born in Mexico and he speaks I think seven or nine different languages. I've been in a room with him, whether her five languages, flying, and he's listening and interpreting everything for me, I.
Speaker 4: Don't understand in the hours, the time in the day.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, that's the first time I've heard that he has been diagnosed with ADHD, which in some ways makes no sense given what we've learned about that that he is able to keep that many emotional and intellectual balls and the energy for those things juggling at the same time. It's pretty extrended because we were just saying, you know, I think I'm smart. I think I'm enthusiastic. I think I am a go getter. But I couldn't do what he's doing.
Speaker 4: I can't do I get up in the morning and go I gotta go to the bathroom. Then I gotta take a shower, I gotta go to the bank, I gotta take a nap around three off to take an that from these guys are built different. They're built totally differently, and they work at a different rpm, and their brain works at a different rpm. Because just to absorb the knowledge and the info is it's a different star I don't even understand.
Speaker 3: And the work doing around the world is extraordinary.
Speaker 4: In folks.
Speaker 3: If you do go to starts with us dot org or builders dot org, you can see the mission statements. Mister Hunt, welcome back, my god, where if I been? Yeah, anything extraordinary? Pop out at you with our visit with mister Lebtski.
Speaker 1: Kindness, to be honest with you, kindness. It worked.
Speaker 8: It's a delicious bar and I think it's a it's a great way to conduct ourselves. And I was just sort of coming up with a bunch of ways that actually we could be kinder to each other on a really micro level.
Speaker 4: All right, the public of general or the three of us.
Speaker 8: Oh no, I mean, Peter, you don't leave your house, right, So I mean.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just to clarify, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this is general normal normal. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, holding the door, Holding the door for someone right, doesn't need to be of a gender or anything like that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, hold the door. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Compliments, just ice, you know, compliments are nice descent.
Speaker 1: People feel good.
Speaker 3: It's a little something, you know, you say, hey, you look great today. Oh I didn't look good yesterday. I mean, everything is a little triggery. But but I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Shoes, shoes goes down your ship.
Speaker 1: What great? Everyone loves a shoe.
Speaker 4: Comp you bet, David, No, he knows that everyone loves the shoe. Who doesn't love sho Okay about picking up litter?
Speaker 8: Right, you're walking by, you're seeing something that's floating.
Speaker 3: I don't know where that's been. I don't know where that's been. I don't if maybe if I if I have a stick, the one I'm not with my bare hands.
Speaker 1: About volunteering. Do a volunteering at the.
Speaker 4: Local problem with that? He problem one of you for all the problem.
Speaker 3: You know the kind of people that volunteer. You don't want to be with those people. And none of them have nice shoes. None of the volunteers shoes, and they litter by the way. Okay, correct, that's actly true. Volunteers go for would changing the world in the positive?
Speaker 8: Well, how about this, when you're at your local coffee retailer and unrecognizable give.
Speaker 1: It, give her little extra tip.
Speaker 3: I'm a big tipper. You remember the guy from the tip episode that we did, Yes, yeah, yeah, I always I am. I am making up for underwing tipping over the when he told me, I always thought twenty percent was a good deal. So if I left twenty five percent, I'm a big shot. He says to me, No, it's thirty percent, and I go, I've.
Speaker 4: Been under wait additional celebrity sif so yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I've been. I've been. I've been over compass.
Speaker 4: And you want to say the person, here's a forty percent tip and nice shoot, yeah, nice shoes.
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And how about this for my last one. Be kind to yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh that's very nice.
Speaker 4: How do I do that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, right, but it's it says here.
Speaker 3: That's what Chad Chept told me.
Speaker 4: Boy, you work with you work your fingers to the bone. Yeah Chept, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know, look almost count almost And you.
Speaker 4: Know what before you go to let chat GPT know they did a good judge, you say, and nice pants. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But another one thing I disagree with Daniel one thing. Can you figure out what it is? One thing you dis I actually do disagree with you.
Speaker 4: I'm wary. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: He really believes that humor could be a tool to bridge the divide between people, and I think humor is so subject. What's funny to you is not funny to them, is not funnier to her or to him or It's the greatest line about humor I ever heard. I think it was Dennis Miller who said it. He said, you know, it's a sense of humor, not a science. It's this vague sensibility that what I'm about to say might be amusing to you. It's not, you know, And if I miss it's not because I'm an ass, It's because I don't know. You know, and I always worry that, you know, in the attempt to engage somebody to laugh about our find out you step on something that you didn't.
Speaker 4: We got to work at something to replace humor instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, let's ask chat GP.
Speaker 4: That's gonna that's what's gonna play. Chat CHEPT help us out here, help us out?
Speaker 3: Do you know it takes a bottle?
Speaker 4: What did you tell me we're going to do an episode? Okay? How much I don't want to to get one one all? Blow your mind? How much? Be so exciting?
Speaker 3: My future of our podcast is going where no man has gone before.
Speaker 4: Decent sneakers.
Speaker 3: Thank you very mu much. I appreciate that. And you, by the way, the hair looks great sneakers. I'm not those look like they're sneakers.
Speaker 4: They are white snakers and they won't be that way in three weeks. Of course.
Speaker 3: That's why I never buy white. Why would you buy white by black? They look like exactly the way they do. I had to shoes a big compliment.
Speaker 2: All right, take care, bye, good luck to you know, really as another episode if really no really, he comes to a close.
Speaker 1: I know you're wondering, what is the.
Speaker 2: Most successful product to come out of the Shark Tanks show. Well, I'll give you the retail details in a moment, but first let's thank our guest to Daniel Lubetski. You can follow Daniel on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and x where he is at Daniel Lubetski. On YouTube, he is at Daniel Lubetski Official. His website is Daniel Lubetski dot com, and find out more about his social outreach efforts at Buildersmovement dot org. Really find all pertinent links in our show notes, our little show hangs out on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and threads at really No Really podcasts, and of course you can share your thoughts and feedback with us online at reallynoreally dot com. If you have a really some amazing fact or story that boggles your mind, share it with us and if we use it, we will send you a little gift. Nothing life changing, obviously, but it's the thought that count. Check out our full episodes on YouTube, hit that subscribe button and take that bell. So here updated when we release new videos and episodes, which we do each Tuesday. So listen and follow us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. And now the answer to the question what is the most successful product to come out of Shark Deak, Well, there's been quite a range of successes. Dude Wipes are flushable, biodegradable personal wipes. Mark Cuban owns twenty five percent of that company with sales of three hundred and forty one million. Scrub Daddy is a reusable dish sponge that gets ferm and cold water and soft and warm. Lori Greener has twenty percent of that company with sales of nine hundred and twenty six million. But the most successful of them all is Bomba Sucks. Founders David Heath and Randy Goldberg formed the company with the mission that for every purchased item, they would also donate one item to organizations that help the homeless. Having learned that socks were one of the most requested items by the homeless community, they began then and have expanded to include underwear, t shirts, and slippers as well. Shark Damon John invested a mere two hundred thousand dollars for seventeen point five percent of the company, and we have to assume that investment paid off, as the company has enjoyed one point three billion in sales and donated over one hundred.
Speaker 1: And forty million items. Really no, really.
Speaker 5: Really no really
Speaker 2: Really no really his production of iHeartRadio and Blase Entertainment