Speaker 1: Brings the Fantasy Bros. It's Leading Off. I am Welsh. That is Bubbia and bub Bubbia folks.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: It's a total Monday. We're brought to you by Price Picks promo code Leading Off. Use the promo code and get a one hundred percent matchup to one hundred bucks. Do it today Prize picks. We'll talk about them later as we are picking some prizes. What's up, Bubbyabby, what's up? How is your weekend of baseball? With all the chaos?
Speaker 2: It was good and it's fun. It was just, you know, another week to the grind, trying to get through it. Have my fantasy football draft on Saturday. It's a whole nother story. But yeah, baseball is good.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't understand. I don't understand. There's there's quite a few people that have this like football's garbage. Like I know baseball people, but like it's like specifically from baseball people. Like it's very funny. You know those rivalries that are in sports where it's like there's the big team. It usually actually low here. It would have been like the Phoenix Suns are rivals with the Lakers, and like ten years ago, It's like the Sun's rivals with the Lakers, but Lakers don't care about the Suns. I think that kind of happens with fantasy sports, where the fantasy football people don't care about the baseball the baseball people are. You know what, Fantasy football is lame, it's stupid. Baseball is the only one, which you know, Fantasy baseball, I think is the the headiest, has the most intricacies across.
Speaker 2: The board, where the nerds are the jobs. I get it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, so it's like a school yard thing. So then what is what are basketball?
Speaker 2: They're the athlete. I don't want you put me in a bad spot here.
Speaker 1: What are the hockey?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are hockey?
Speaker 2: Hockey? Those guys are the troublemakers, they're the hoop I think.
Speaker 1: So, I think that's right. Well, well, Bubby, we got a lot of stuff to talk about. We're gonna be talking about a bunch of prospects stuff. We've got your question. So I'm gonna say, just like I did, I just said, screw it. The last episode. We're gonna set a section every episode to just go through bam bam bam. We're gonna burn through some of your questions. So if you guys are watching us live on YouTube, drop it in the chat. We will get to that section and we will burn through all of them. So if you got them, you know, start and sit whatever it is you want to break down a player. Hit it up there, Bubba, maybe try to pick some out as well, and we will and I'll try to you know, pinpoint them and everything like that. But let's get into the stuff in the things. It is kind of a Monday. I feel very monday ish. So if I'm a little cranky, just everybody understand I'm feeling I don't usually feel Monday. I'm feeling Monday. But a dude that is feeling it is Julio Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 1: Four straight games of four or more hits, eight game a hit streak he's currently got going. And this weekend, Bubba, he went nine for sixteen with a homer and three stolen bases. Last Monday when we did this show, two fifty seven batting average. Today Olio's got a two seventy eight batting average, and just coming back to it, we are this is another thing. Like I was talking with Bubb off air, and it's kind of difficult because we're in this place where I do feel like we're missing some of the long term season baseball stuff where it's like, hey, we could talk about the trades, we could talk about do you like this guy? Rest of the season. We're just kind of in it. Like we're in it. We have to make reactionary moves. But with Julia Rodriguez you had just thrown out, like a week ago, we were talking about the could he be, you know, the guy that pushes Bobby Witt as I was claiming Bobby wit to be number three and Julio, if he's going to finish on this insane terror, we're gonna be right back to where we were before. It won't be against Acuna, won't be against Otani and Daily, but Julio is firmly back into that top four or five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, he's showing everybody, like we talked about last week, just remember Rhoto categories end of the season, like slumps will happen. He's letting everybody know that he's still an elite, He's still a five category guy. He still maybe one day has the makings of a forty to forty player, which we've all talked about he's still twenty one, twenty two years old or something like that. Like the dude is going to be just fine. So he's quite depressive what he's putting together. And this is one of the more legendary runs I think we'll see in a long long time.
Speaker 1: Also, I think it like cements any of the early value any of you guys got when he was kind of struggling there, because there was someone in this chat. I remember it was like God, I was like right when Joe left or right after Joe left, and they were just like they you know, it's accountability, buddy. There's there's these accountability people out there, like oh Joe, Joe, Julio Rodriguez, because I think Joe had Julio at number one, which you know, for all intensive purposes, regardless of how Julio finishes this year, that wasn't the correct take because Julio or top guy. Yeah. And also, like something that really bothers me, always bothers me about Fantasy is that revision, this type of thing where it's like, well, this guy was the number one player for the last six week and then you know, let's say two months, and then they finished as the top five and it's like, we'll see everything worked out, and it's like, but it didn't. In the respect of that player having three months that was less than ideal. Julio's a different situation because this is arguing about a guy that's like top five, the top fifty that works more for actually honestly works more for fantasy football with like someone tying a rookie running back and their garbage for seven weeks and then they're really good. But you know, that was that was a conversation that was happening here where people like, oh my gosh, Julio is overrated and it's a sophomore slump and it's nothing close to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. And that's that's a great way to put to put it, the rookie running back situation. It's people overreact to guys like Julio, who he's not the same situation. Like if you drafted someone like you said, outside of maybe the top one hundred, yeah that guy, that guy burns you in a big way. But guy like Julio, you weren't sitting them. You're gonna enjoy is You're gonna reap the benefits one way or the other end you reap it them now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Lie said, Julio had a very small sophomore slump. That's the other thing that you know, Hey, if we want to get back to talking about football versus baseball, the thing is fantasy baseball players we have to understand and work through more are extended slumps. Football does not have that football patients exactly. Baseball people lack that patience a lot that I noticed when we do these shows. But at the same time, it's what you need the most. You need to be able to weather the storms in there. Saba also saying Joe took Julio because he had to move on from Sodo, which, yeah, those were that's valid kind of guys. Yeah, but you know, looking at oh, that's so funny. I typed in Julio Rodriguez and I got Julian Merriweather for some reason that it really is. But just peeking over at Savant here for a second. You know, the EV's hard hit through the roof barrel percentage eleven percent is a little bit down then last year. Hard hit is up this year, but the max and the average EV is something impressive. I know. Some people just don't care because they call it like you know on sticky or whatever. But like average ev to be ninety three point two, that's a that's a huge number. That's a big number on all average hits. And I know it quantifies like hits, it don't matter. But you know, everything is there for Julio and it was a great by period if you guys were able to jump in on that, So kudos to you. It is prospect time, Bubba said before the show. He's like, man, this is your time. When I was complaining about like, ah, man, where's the actionable stuff. We can't do trade, we can't do this, we could do prospect time because more than ever before, Bubba, we are getting prospects every day and we're going to continue to do it most likely for I'm looking at the date here down here. The next ten days I think is like the big period because there's a couple things these teams have to decide. These teams have to decide, you know, where do they want these these extra at bats to be got? And by that I mean some teams can decide to push it up to the major leagues because the Triple A season ends mid September. Some of the other I think Double low eight ins a little bit earlier in September, or they can push these guys to the Arizona Fall League, and usually what it ends up being is the decision between Arizona Fall League and Majors. And these teams are manipulating some of that service time ever more than ever before. And we've got two new ones that are coming up here. Kyle Harrison, where the San Francisco Giants, is going to make his Major League debut on Tuesday against Philly. He's had sixty seven innings so far this year, one hundred and nine strikeouts, but he's walking and everybody forty eight walks. Here's the problem I have. June fifteenth, Kyle Harrison went five. Since then, he's only gone four innings once. He's got big fastball stuff plus numbers, secondary has been questioned, control has been garbage. I don't think there's any fantasy value I'm looking to do because I think the Giants most likely use him in that kind of opener e ish type of role where it's like three or four innings. I don't see him going five, So I don't see any value in Kyle Harrison and Redraft. What say you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't either. I'm with you there. I've been watching them closely. Everyone's been telling me how like crappy is command is he's walking, guys, he's not walking a ton lately, but he's not going deep into games and that that's the big conundrum for fantasy purposes. So I'm with you there. He's got seventeen k's to four walks in his last four outings. Bake, you mentioned that's eleven or third innings over those four audiings. And so the Giants want to get a look at him. If we talked about first looks is what this is all about right now. So they're gonna see what they need, and they also need pictures. They've been doing like three bullpen games out of every five. It's it's crazy right now. So he's gonna fill in perfectly there to get him three to four innings like after an opener, see what he's got go on. So, yeah, that's where I'm met with Harris. I'm not for this this season at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean there's probably like deeper leagues where if you're just trying to stretch some innings. The only problem is he's got the name value attached to him. So this isn't like picking up like some sneaky spark or something like that, like everyone's going to be looking at him. I would rather someone else go and have the four walks he's going to have over three innings. I again, it's big fastball stuff, so you know that may end up working out, but I'm not a big believer. But by the way, if.
Speaker 2: You're looking for a spark, I'd rather this pains made have Manaia than Harrison. If you want a giant spark something like that.
Speaker 1: You know. Another one is the guy I talked about some time back. Was like Bryce Jarvis, Bryce Jervis or there's and the Diamondbacks's pitch well in kind of long relief. The Diamondbacks actually did a bullpen game where I think they started Joe Mantiply and then they went to Bryce Jervis or they just started started.
Speaker 2: They started him with a guff on game two, That's what it was. Yeah, that was wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they did it with man to Ply a couple times back, and then Bryce Harvis came in for three. I would rather have Bryce Jarvis and his stuff than I would call Harrison right now, like right now, bigger question is going to be like dynasty value where you sit with Cal Harrison. I'm kind of not like insanely interested. He was a big, big, you know, obviously pitching prospect, but he's probably the most volatile of anyone I've had in the top one hundred, So stuff plus be damned or not, I'm not super interested. By the way, there's questionable sounds coming from your area, and some people were were suggesting what happened. I think it's your dog, though I want to point.
Speaker 2: Out that he's Yeah, he's panicking because there's the neighbors dogs started barking.
Speaker 1: So okay, Well, I just wanted to make sure people didn't think you were I did not.
Speaker 2: Professional.
Speaker 1: It's very professional to talk about that too. These are the type of questions we're going to be answering here very shortly. In our listener question.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The other one is, uh, Noelvie Marte was up. We got a rookie lookie for a few others, but Noelvi Marte got called up this week, in which I thought was a pretty big surprise. Playing third base, the Reds have the most like screw it attitude. I love it. Screw it in the best way bring up all the prospects. He got a stolen base in a pinch run situation I think it was or pinch hit situation on Saturday. He got the start on Sunday, but he hit seventh and hitting third base. This is what that future lineup looks like. Elliott short, McClain at second. I think Strand might have played first in that one, and then Noelvie at third. That's the future lineup. There were already some weird things with India. I think India's getting traded there. If there's one person I bet on getting traded in the off season, it is Jonathan India.
Speaker 2: Right deadline already.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, exactly. Hetty not got hurt, he probably gets moved. So here's what I ask you. Then, you know we had all the waivers and stuff go over on Sunday. Did you have any pickup interest in Noelvie? And do you have any interest rest of season, especially if he gets some time but knowing he's going to probably be hitting lower in the order.
Speaker 2: Yes, I actually picked him up in a couple leagues. I was a leagues I needed offense with potential power, speed guy. Obviously I picked him up when they said he's going to be our primary third baseman the rest of the way. Like just the idea of regular playing time got me excited with Welvy Marte, So I did make a few moves. Most lineups at the bottom of the order, you'd be worried if I can play half my games in great American small park, not as concerned. So yeah, I went that route.
Speaker 1: Who would you rather have rest of season? GELV Marte or Nolan Chanel H Marte. Okay, See that's interesting because I am infatuated with Chanel getting play great out the gate and he it gets to lead off. But I think what everybody is seeing now in something I've been describing about him. It's awesome hit tool, but the way his approaches it doesn't have a good power approach. I saw a couple one of those Cole Body or a couple of people online talking about some underlying metrics which are just pretty obvious that you when you look and you see his cross body swing, you can say, oh, he's probably not being into a lot of big hard hit numbers. He's not barely The doesn't look like there's some insane launch angle going on with him. He is a contact all fields hitter that moves across his body, and what does that usually tell us? Well, not in it's not a one for one, but in many cases those can be guys that can lack power numbers. He also doesn't steal a lot of bases, so this is a first basement that doesn't have a lot of power potential. But if he's leading off for the Angels, that's kind of a whole nother conversation, So Chanal versus I actually would man, I would probably go Chanol because I just don't know what Nowelvie's playing time look like. But if you gave me Noelvie essentially every day or five out of.
Speaker 2: Seven days, third basement, Okay.
Speaker 1: Then I mean you know what that, Yeah, then maybe I will go with him then over Chanal, even though he's getting that playing time. Yeah. A couple of people in here Chanol has a well he doesn't have a mettals In type stance necessarily. I mean, I guess they like Olsens gets a little bit high. Schnoles is so so much higher with the hands in and across the body council. Yeah, I mean it is very slap hitter, Askue, It really is, and that's where I would go with that if we're looking.
Speaker 2: At it and Angelo does not need to poke the bear. By the way with his Giloff comment, Oh yeah, what he knows where we stand. He's probably comparing, would you rather have those guys over at Gilloff Smike, Yes, it's gilof Yeah, don't poke the bear?
Speaker 1: Ye, no, No, he's a Gella. Who is next? Just for you, guys have been saying it. Pete cra Armstrong is my number one with the Chicago Cubs. Lookout in the next ten days ever since Perira with the New York Yankees. Also might see Austin wellsper I think had like a two homery day yesterday. Those would be two offensive pieces I'd be looking for. You want to really dig deep. This is going to be crunch time. Jackson Holiday, does he come up or does he go to the Fall League? It's one of the two things. I think he comes up and gets Major league. As I know, I'm also saying fall league. But it's just be on the lookout on the short stance. There's a possibility I got one for you. What about your boyd Jordan Lawler, who with the triple A is crushing it right now. I think there's a possibility for sure, Diamondbacks are in it. They can always use that bat. I think middle infield makes a lot of sense for them. They could move some pieces around. You could just have Perdomo. I mean the problem is is like could tell at second what do you do with Perdomo and Lawler? You need to move Perdomo to third and you know, so they got some things to do that might be why they don't. But he played in the Fall League last year, so I don't think he's a possibility. I really do think he's won. Oh and you know what a really good call is Colt Keith. That's another one that I think should be coming up soon. Another Faly guy that was already up. So those would be guys I would be speculating on. But my order would be Pete Crow. If Colt Keith came up, he'd be number two. But I think Perier is gonna I think I feel confident about Perira. I go Perira, Colt Keith, Lawler, and I think Jackson Holiday is kind of the lowest of the totem pole. If I'm gonna be speculating on some rookies, A couple other pieces as we keep going here. Hunter Green lit up for nine runs, eight earned in three innings against the Blue Jays. As he returned, he gave up eleven hard hit balls according to Rohtal World, and I believe it was five homers. So I was very like, let's not do it coming off of the break, and that was reality. How confident do you feel moving forward in Hunter Green's next start after this blow up?
Speaker 2: Well, my golden role with Hunter Green and some mostly Nicolodola all season. Don't start them in Great American small park. Very simple to me. I just don't because home road splits can be you know, wonky at times. I'm not I'm not going to deny that. But Hunter Green, the way he just throws his fastball so much. If he's off at all, I just it's batting practice. In Great American. Where he on the road, he's showing he could be a much different picture. So once he hits the road, I'm in at home bench. That's just how I look at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think, you know, that's probably a pretty good approach. I'm gonna a little bit. I don't know what the next start is. I should have looked but I can check for you. Yeah, I'd just be curious what it is like. Unless it's like very favorable, I'm probably gonna avoid. But I understand if anyone's like really needy for it, I'm probably gonna avoid unless it is very, very favorable. Do you have it?
Speaker 2: It's pulling up as we speak, ter smoking the versus Toronto and Great Americans. So I'll be sitting in him there. But then next week he has a two step that you will start him for at Arizona and at San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, those are pretty good ones.
Speaker 2: Okayit him this week, start him next week and enjoy life.
Speaker 1: And one of the weirdest things of the week. And Twins. I don't know if you all have paid attention, but Dallas Kykel is with the Twins. He had a perfect game through the seventh inning and ended up getting broken up. He went six and one third, one hit, no walks, three strikeouts. Actually he has had three starts with the team. He got blown out by the Phillies, but two of those starts he's gone five. So I ask you this, is there a scenario where you can spot start Dallas Kaykel in your mind?
Speaker 2: No? Never, I will never start Dallas Kayckle and then to go back to Green. I screwed up. It's Arizona this week, San Francisco next week. I had to update the sheet. I'm an idiot, but it's two starts. I'd start him for both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would start him das.
Speaker 2: Kykkel never never, Just don't do it, like go go go ad Kyle Harrison as a spark before you add.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I was trying to think of, like a scenario of like, well, this scenario of like Kyle Harrison versus him, that's actually a really good one. That's a very very good one. But you're gonna say now, Okay, yeah, I don't think so either. I'm just not Also, in those three starts, he has three strikeouts.
Speaker 2: They all came in this game, so it's all pitch to contact, which will not bode well for guy like Dallas Kaykle in the long run.
Speaker 1: No rookie, lookie, I know he talked about rookies before. Probably could have just paired this together here, But Parker Meadows is going to be fun. Fact, Parker Meadows is name of my son, and my son was like so excited to meet him and get his autographed, just because his name was Parker and they shared their Parkerdom together. Parker Meadows the brother of Austin Meadows being called up to the majors. He was in the Arizon Follogue this past year. Hit two fifty six nineteen, homer, sixty five RBI nineteen, still in bases in twenty one attempts. I think Parker Meadows is always going to suffer from batting average issues. But what's funny is his brother most recently had like a higher batting average. With no counting stats. Parker met can absolutely turn on some you want to see any fun video, you can search my Twitter. I've got some from the years on a faollleague this past year. He can run a bit, he can hit a little bit, but I think it's capped as like a low batting average, so I guess you would call him like a four tool player. I think he's gonna probably hit lower in the order, which doesn't bode well. But if you are chasing some speed with a little bit of power twelve team five outfielder, I think you could look at him because he's probably gonna get run the rest of the year. I don't know if you have any thoughts on Parker Meadows.
Speaker 2: No, I was actually happy because I took him in like my last five rounds and a lot of drafting holes this year, so I started to throw him in lineups this week. I love what we saw from him, guys like you talking about him in the past, So I'm excited about it. And just in a like a bigger scent like thought process here, I love what de Troy's doing. I know it's the Tigers, and you know it is what it is. But a lot of young talent torks we mentioned a lot that you have. We talked about Tork a lot lately. You got him, you got Carpenter doing things like they're trying to build something in Detroit, and it's pretty fun to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well again, this is like the they're like the al Red's, you know, just bring up the project, but bring up Cold Keith, Like, if you're going to do this, like also bring up Cold Keith and just like get that started.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. If you're bringing up Meadows, Keith shouldn't be far behind you.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna do all these guys like get them going here, I'd love to see metal and we're seeing him justin. Henry Malloy is another guy, Colt Keith. Those are two that we want to see up that Tiger's team is going to be fun in the very near future. Maybe not quite to the Reds level, but they're going to be pretty fun and insane. Prospect News just want to throw this out. You guys probably saw this, but the Padres promoted seventeen year old Ethan Solace to double A. And you know, if I'm going to take a victory lap this year, obviously I got Corbyn Carroll on the prospect side. If you ever listened to my Prospect one show, you would know. Back in January, I went all in on Ethan Solace and I said, told everybody how much I love this kid. The top guy in most people's rankings was a kid named Felman Selston who was also great with the Mariners, who I've been waiting to see, hopefully going to see an instruct here. But I went all in on Ethan Salace and preached Ethan Salace. He's gone all the way up to number five in the Pipeline Prospect ranks. He turned seventeen years old in June. Bubba and he is getting called up to double A, which is the most aggressive I can really, I mean, what's more aggressive? Nolan Chanel, a college hitter having what twenty games in the miners going to the majors or a sixteen guy who started at sixteen years old skipping overseas work in the Dominican in the DSL and going all the way to double A. So a seventeen year old double A catcher or Nolan Chanelle college hitter going to the majors after the.
Speaker 2: Draft, it's the seventeen year old catcher. That's pretty easy for me. Like, that's just insane what he's doing, because the kid should be a junior in high school right now. Do you remember what you were doing when you were a junior in high school? Like no, that's my point, Like, that's the point behind this. At least Shanali he did the college thing. He placed college pitching, so he's kind of a shorter transition you think to where he's going. This kid's seventeen years old. Literally started he was sixteen. He looked you were learning how to drive and probably sneaking booze from your father's cabinet. This guy is going through single and Double A. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I mean I remember in camp talking to him and no one knew who he was, and I was like the only guy. And then as camp went on, people started to learn his name, and this guy is going to be an absolute superstar. I wouldn't be shocked if he's in the Fall League with what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the way he's moving it what seemed that way, because if he's doing this fall League start next season in Triple A is probably up by May or June.
Speaker 1: That's the thing that made me unique is that he's one of those guys even if you're in like a five keeper, even though he's so young, he's justifiable. He's already at Double A. I mean we are. We are literally in the bowels of him being able to come up next year. Like that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: You end the bright side, Well, she's he won't even be eighteen, so he'll need a chaperone in Arizona. I think you might have like a pulled out couch or something. You could make this work.
Speaker 1: I think he's got enough money. I think by the way, I was at a complay in extended spring training. He was playing a game and his parents came and his brother, who is a top international kid I think in twenty twenty five, and his brother had already agreed to like he's got some under the table, like eight million dollar, five million, six million dollar deal. The solace is his brother, Jose Salis plays with the twins. There's him and there's a brother, a younger brother fourteen years old who's going to be coming in the next couple of years.
Speaker 2: Quite the bloodline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're okay, they're doing a right. The other one is Dylan Cruz. I said this on Believe It with CBS this last past week. Dylan Cruz has called up to Double A. What I think is so unique about this I think there's a legit shot we could see him maybe even vying for a spot on the major league roster in camp next year. I really do think this team is pushing him heavy. He's getting to Double A. Maybe he goes to the Fall League pushes a little bit more. I don't know how aggressive anybody wants to be, but you want to talk about a team that's pushing for extra pick. Dylan Cruiz looks ready and he is absolutely dominated at every stop so far, hitting three point fifty one five homers, twenty four RBI in sixty six plate appearances. He is the real deal and he's the number one first year player has been, at least in my book. Let's go through some listener questions here with what people have dropped here, Nolan Jones or Torkosen boy. The Torkalsen talk has bowed very well for me lately. Jones are Torklsen if you need.
Speaker 2: Power, Torqu if you want all around five categories Jones, But I will say Torq. Since August first, sitting over three hundreds, I can't even just say that. Go Tork, Go Tork. It's talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one hundred percent Tork, all right, Mikey. Mikey says keep Real Muto or drop for Ruiz or Melenda is in a points league rest of season, locked into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with Ruiz, honestly, like Real Muto, he's playing well, but he's not playing like JTR. Ruiz is playing in extremely well. Melindaz is getting hot, but he's not there. If you feel like you need to drop Rimute, I won't stop you. I'd say Ruiz, but I would be very remissed to drop realmute.
Speaker 1: I think I would keep Ramuto, especially in a points league. But Ruiz I'm not against, and I've said this a bunch, I'm not against if all those options. Okay, so here's the key that sounds like a ten minut league. If Ruiz and Melndez are out there, if you have the ability to kind of just like burn and turning stream, I don't think it's the worse. I do think Ramita's name value is going to get picked up by somebody, so understand that dropping. Yeah, but if it's great options, you know, I don't think I guess I'm keep. I'm thinking almost like keeper asking.
Speaker 2: I think you could do it. I think you could do the time of the year where you play the hot hands, especially in a points league like that. You need to lock all that up. He's already in the playoffs, what you said, but you need.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, let's see, please take the will they Let's see will they play it all in Cali this week? From Lee?
Speaker 2: Yes, I know they should. Everyone's seeing the flooded Dodger Stadium shucks. But I've even asketround, like if my buddy listen San Diego, I saw Grouch lives in San Diego. They got a lot of rain, but nothing like wind Wise, the Angels are playing tonight and so are the Padres, and not one rumor of them postponing the game. So I'm assuming we're good to go. And again man for MLB, So you never know. Did you see the cat, Big Cat? He did?
Speaker 1: There's this There's this thing that's gone around for many years. It's this picture that someone photoshopped of like, well it's a freeway that's filled with water, which has happened actually out here in Arizona, but they photoshop the shark in there and it goes around from time to time. And Big Cat tweeted out the picture can you believe this? To get somebody? And then Ted Cruz tweeted it whoa and getting people with that is.
Speaker 2: I literally wanted to retweet go Ted Cruz got got by a guy from barstool. The simulation in twenty twenty three has hit its peak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is actually leads to a great question. Dooby went a little bit longer, just said why does it rain? Do you know why it rains?
Speaker 2: Because you know people in heaven cry.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, well because rain air God's tears due right.
Speaker 2: Now exactly a little one and sit down. We need to talk.
Speaker 1: That's why it rains the folks. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's a ridiculous one. Lee said, can we start Christian Haavier this week? Two starts? Can we ever start him again?
Speaker 2: We talked about him last week and he's one of those that it's it's a matchup oriented situation. When we get to my prize picks, to understand my thoughts on tonight's start from Javier, He's got Boston and then at Detroit. The Detroit start is tasty, even though they're playing well. I think you need to in like a points or something. We need to accumulate stats. If you have a better option, though, I'm cool with. I said, you could probly drop Javier.
Speaker 1: Okay, a couple more and then we're gonna burn through. I'm just I'm taking out. We're just taking our time lately. I hope you guys have enjoyed a little bit later shows here. Josh said, Alvarez is struggling and in the playoffs, do I drop him for a catcher in a lower tier Kirk Stevenson, o'hapi Furman, those are the names.
Speaker 2: Not Avarez. That's gotta be a news that.
Speaker 1: Is Francisco al that I was about to say, you were very sure about him? I would say, yes, you can do that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you drop him for sure. Just play the hot hand like like Walsh was saying, I.
Speaker 1: Think I go Kirk and I would be keeping a close eye on o'happy.
Speaker 2: Probably. Yeah, you guys get word of those injured guys coming back too soon. But and Ferman has been playing well for Kansas City is.
Speaker 1: Also yeah, oh Beef said water is absorbed. So here's your ring question. Water is absorbed from the oceans, lakes and rivers.
Speaker 2: Do you do avap?
Speaker 1: So? See, we're learning so much. We're learning so much.
Speaker 2: Give you a science test. I work an ad. I'll tell you how the water gets up to the sky it comes back down. But I don't think we have enough time for that.
Speaker 1: And you want to keep your followers, Yeah, well, I mean next time, I kind of would. By the way, somebody did ask earlier. This is partially because I'm in a grouchy mood today. Someone was like, hey, did Welsh give the Corbyn Carrol and Welsh, No, we didn't go anywhere this weekend because he needs to hit so the answer was the batting cages. It'll be back on Wednesday. I wasn't in the mood because he hasn't been diamonbacks have been fine. He's been okay, but that's where we were. We were in the batting cages. He does have two straight games with hits. We need a little bit more, but we will talk about the rest of the funsie stuff with the home runs and everything later this week. So let's see injuries. Mike Trout theoretically potentially returning from the IEL today. There's no actionable item except put them back in the lineup and feel great about it. This team is going all in for everything that you can see. I'll be curious to see what they do with Schanol when Trout comes back. Do they keep him there? I mean, technically I think they were going Chanol and then like Otawani, so then Trout could hit three. But I just wonder if they messed with that at all. But there's no actuable item except you know, you're welcome, like congratulations.
Speaker 2: I'd be happy x.
Speaker 1: Rayce On Michael Harris, his right foot came back negative on Sunday for any fractures, so that's great news. Probably take it easy for a couple of days. If you were in a weekly lineup, would you throw him out today?
Speaker 2: I would. I'd Also the Braves always put their lineups out earlier, so that will help. But he said after the game obviously players say it, but so to the team that they expect him back today if not Tuesday at the latest.
Speaker 1: Okay, Emerson hancoff Cock left. But also, let's be careful where I enunciate here, Emerson Hancock. Let Sunday start with a right shoulder strain, which is not great, especially for a rookie young pitcher. Probably not something that they're going to push back anytime soon. But he was very icy as far as like what you were controlling with him. Anyways, I guess where I'm going with this is like, if you're holding onto him, I would be more than fine dipping him out for somebody else and streaming. He was more of a streamer anyways.
Speaker 2: At this point, Yeah, he's gone. I dropped him in the one league I had him, and already he's not happening. Is this true?
Speaker 1: Did Reds and Angels just get postponed.
Speaker 2: To Are you kidding me? I'll check why you talk?
Speaker 1: Okay, are we getting trolled, Yeah, sometimes we get trolled on here, but I do think that's a possibility, because.
Speaker 2: That's why I was. I was said that on my dfessial last night. I said we might have six games tonight, not eight. Just be prepared.
Speaker 1: God's bread. Yeah, trying to trying to get Acuna, all the Accolades and na Otani.
Speaker 2: So there you go, Red's Angels postpone, here you go.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that's gonna affect my bets. We'll have to see here very very surely. Other injuries that Rostrado was hit on the hand again and is going to get X rays Monday. No point o. Kevin Newman, by the way, was a guy. One of the reasons why Marte had come up in the first place. He hit the iel, just made some room. And Tony Gonsolin is going on the aisle with an elbow injury, gonna probably miss the rest of the season. So no Tony Gonsolin. Three up, three down. Brandon belt on Sunday went two for five with two homers. Kyle Bradish was pretty good six innings, two hits, eight strikeouts, very good season. Dominic can Zone four for five with two doubles very very well, really good major league outfielder Dominic Canzon or Tommy fam rest the season.
Speaker 2: Whould you rather have can Zone? I think for the most consistent playing time. Honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, you know, someone brought this I wanted to. I kind of moved past it because I'm just so going behind today. But Tom and said, you know, I'm benching Framber this week. I actually had this whole thing brought up. I was in bringing up with Javier. But Framber's been trash. But besides that, yeah, that no hitter he's given up. I think four earned runs in five of his last six starts. The strikeouts are not there. I think it's like five four six earned runs. I don't know if he's startable moving forward this week. I mean to see, that's a good matchup, that's the one. But you know what if he gets blown, if it gets blood, it makes it answer. I don't think you can. I don't think you can throw him out there, you know, just willy nilly. So I'm glad that Tom brought that up because I was just thinking about that one. Also, he said, Dominic Canzon the three down, we had Hunter Brown, he went two and two thirds, gave up six earned runs, all the messing with the innings. We might be at innings cap hell for him, this right might really be a thing as they're managing his innings, this inconsistency and the more innings really pay attention to his matchups. I'm not throwing him out there with with the reckless abandonment, you know what I mean like that, I'm not going to do that right now. Max Scherzer only went three and two thirds, but I put him on here even though he gave up three on the runs, he walked four and then he's getting a little bit inconsistent. That's no bue Zoo and Jorge Planco went oh for four with four strikeouts. So those are your three up and your three down. And we have also got for you some prize picks, that's right. Sponsoring the podcast is Prize Picks promo code leading off one hundred percent matchup to one hundred bucks. Make your deposit. You could play prize Picks with us any time of the year. And it's not just baseball, it's all the sports. So do it today, support the podcast and go make some money. How are you making some money today? What your prize picks.
Speaker 2: Look like I'm gonna keep riding the red hot Jay Rod over nine Fantasy points and another great matchup this evening. Give me Corey Seager over eight and a half Fantasy points against was it chacony? Is how you pronounced it? That's how I pronounce it? And then I talked to I mentioned I hit this one later Paxxon Xavier combined under eleven strikeouts. I feel like at least one of them doesn't go deep into this game, So give me the under eleven strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what were the three again? Say again?
Speaker 2: Jay Rod over nine Fantasy points. Okay, Corey Seger over eight and a half Fantasy points and then Paxton Javier combined strikeouts under eleven.
Speaker 1: I really like this one. I like this one a lot. Actually, I might even play yours, ladies and gentlemen. If you've been with us here, you know what's coming. It is a hater's ball I am, I said, I mean a Monday mood. It's a Monday.
Speaker 2: So what do I do?
Speaker 1: I'm going all hate, hate hate on my prize picks. So how am I hating? Well? Lucas Gilie Fantasy score is at thirty.
Speaker 2: Five and a half under I got canceled, so you're good.
Speaker 1: Hate under Kyle Tucker seven and a half is his fantasy score under and Ryan Weathers we're picking on him two and a half earned runs over. That's my hater's ball today. It is all things against the player and under and under and the over is not.
Speaker 2: In his favor.
Speaker 1: That is the wealth Bubba. That is a Welsh haters ball. I've got a couple of Sometimes I have a hater sandwich where it'll be like one good one sandwich between two bad. But so that is my hater and I don't think any of that is a fact. Oh wait, no, the Gilido one is affected by the game, so I can't have the hate there.
Speaker 2: So you got you got a two pack. You got a double hater.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to hate on somebody else, so I don't know. I don't know who else to hate on. I will say I really love the the Corey Seeger one, but you're also representing the hate in the Paxton Hobvier one yep, So maybe attach that one to mine because I forgot that just got that screwed me over here. How about some bets? What are you betting?
Speaker 2: Today, Alan linings over four and a half k's at plus one oh five for the Braves versus the Mets. So I like what he's been doing period since he's getten called up, like over five k's. He dominated the Mets in one hundred eleven pitches and nine k's in his last outing. So I come again on that one Jay route over one and a half total basis is somehow only minus one oh five. That is ridiculous to me. Then I'll think I'll go for the I'll take the bait against Peterson ron Acuna over two and a half hits, runs and RBI is at plus money at plus one oh five. I'll take that for sure.
Speaker 1: I like that. I've got too, luckily not affected by the postponement of the Angels and the Reds. Again a couple of people bringing that in here into unplayable field conditions. I have got two first five team total runs first up. I'm going with Seattle the Mariners through the first five team total runs two and a half over that pays plus money, or I'm very comfortable with just taking the whole game team total, which is four and a half. So it's essentially for the Mariners to score five runs or more. That's minus one twenty five. So you know, whatever you like. You want to play the whole game out four and a half, great, you want to do the first five with Luis Castillo in there two and a half or beating up on the starter, you can do that. And it kind of coming back to why I like the Corey seeger One. Texas Rangers up against Arizona Diamondbacks. I've got them scoring two and a half through the first five team total run. That's against Slade chacone. So give me that. Rangers first five, two and a half over definitely on Slade. What do you got on DFS?
Speaker 2: I mentioned ike Alan Winans seven point six ca vers the Mets. I'm punting pitching tonight, by the way, Blackburn at seven K versus Kansas City. Both guys have strike out upside. Then Drew Rohm making his debut for the Cardinals. I like him a lot. He's the Men at four K versus the Pirates, a team of strikes, had a lot versus lefties and ramsman stretched out. He's gone five six innings in almost every start over the last month and a half, so I'll take him. Stax Texas first Chacconi and we've kind of hit on that a lot. Same with sal Slot, we're both on that one. And then Atlanta versus Peterson. If you're looking for value those Chanol was only two point six k like game got canceled, So never mind Welvy Marte at two points had that game got canceled, never mind domin at canzone three k tsan, So we'll go with that one since my other values are good gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like going against that. I think that was my That was my Seattle play was going against Tuki Dei sant as well, So that's why that's why i'd play either one. First five is more based around trying to beat up on Tuki. If you think maybe something weird happens, but you think they still score runs. That's why you can play the full game for four and a half. But we're gonna get the home run board. Let me just ask you something. Where do you think Corbin and I would have gone today? Had I done it today? I only have one or two I need to get a couple more photos in where where would you like have.
Speaker 2: Liked us to go? Uh? Sports psychologist, Okay.
Speaker 1: Maybe I actually think you know the picture would have been me and him on that freeway with the shark if I was really thinking about yeah, that would have been the good one. But speaking of Gorbyn, Carroll and the home run board, look at this. You guys had a freaking weekend. I moved down. I am now only holding on to tenth place with Zamboni and Mt. Fischerau at thirty seven. At the bottom. Blue Harvester's got a lead, but JJ Tator is coming. Five homers separate those two forty eight for Harvester, forty three for Tat. Hoffman is at forty, tied with Razor Ramon, who is completely Mia Hope. Razors good Wonkey picked up I think another at sixth place, tied with bench Warmer at thirty eight. So the home run race, I'm still eleven off, but first and second are five homers apart. The winner will win a custom autographed Fantasy Pros home run Champ Horb and Carrol helmet that I have right here. I have right here. I'll be sending it to them for whoever wins that home run call, who do you got today?
Speaker 2: We're keeping our Texas Ranger thing a love. I'm going Cory Seger going deep on Monday.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I didn't. I realized I didn't even put mine in. Can I be cheap? Can I want to say Corey secret with you and I go for Can I ride it?
Speaker 2: It's an afterparty.
Speaker 1: Let's go, all right, Bubba and Welsh, we ride Corey Seger. Let's go, ladies and gentlemen. That's going to do it. Thanks for hanging out with us. Sorry, like I don't know you guys maybe feeling a better mood. It was just it was this is a total Monday is already getting rained out, so that's a very serious Monday move as well. But we will be back on Wednesday. We will have awhere in the World are Welsh and corring Carol. We will have more news, all the latest, and hopefully we will have some more prospect stuff as well. So make sure you guys are subscribed to the YouTube so you are notified. Make sure you guys continue to be subscribed to the podcast so you get it right there. For Bubba, who you can find on Twitter at Bad and Trick. I'm Welsh. You can find me on Twitter at is It the Wesh. Thanks guys for hanging out with us. Right here on Fantasy pros. Peace out until then, oh bye, oh bye Grandma.