Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: I'm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Law enforcement across the country they're investigating for suspected arson, like in the case outside of Boston where seven Tesla charging stations caught fire. And then there have been other incidents with vandalism, people spray painting on vehicles, spray painting the glass of dealerships, or in one case outside of Portland, Oregon, shooting at the cars and the glass of the dealership in the early morning hours last Thursday. In one incident in Colorado, a woman was arrested for throwing Molotov cocktails at the dealership and spray painting the word Nazi on the cars.
Speaker 2: This is making the news, but not in the same way if it were Maga people attacking an electric car company because of the politics, because they're attacking Elon because of the politics.
Speaker 1: Sure of course, yeah, yeah, yeah. It's it's amazing that conservatives ever win anything because they have the information industry on their side.
Speaker 2: But we do got a lot of stuff coming up this hour before. But we're going to get into Elon and Trump. They're having a car sale on the White House lawn yesterday.
Speaker 1: One of the most gratifying stories I've heard in a really long time. Columbia University is at warwith itself and the forces of reasonableness have been emboldened.
Speaker 2: So those few non.
Speaker 1: Communist academics out there are saying, enough is enough.
Speaker 2: We'll bring you the details later. Cool, So we'll start with I don't know if you probably if you watched any news yesterday, you saw this. They had a bunch of Tesla's parked there at the White House and Trump was looking at him, and Elon was showing them to him, and they were taking questions from reporters. I've never heard anybody mention this other than me, and I don't know why. Through the whole Biden Obama times when they were touting electric cars and electric cars in the future, and We're going to force you into electric cars, and they would have all the GM electric cars and the Ford electric cars and no Tesla's, even though Tesla was the only especially then.
Speaker 1: Electric car company even coming close.
Speaker 2: To making aden I mean, none of them were. They were still in like one hundred a year of these other electric cars, but they'd have them there at the White House and talk about how big was all because even though climate change is an existential threat, is more important to make sure the auto union workers were happy and not Tesla, who doesn't allow the unionization. Right, Yeah, so revealed, Yeah, no kidding, Apparently it's not so much of an existential threat AnyWho. So he had Tesla's there at the White House for the first time yesterday. Here's a little elon and I just want to thank the President for support Samain's a lot, and also thank everyone out there who is supporting Tesla.
Speaker 4: It's really terrible that so much violence being pro traded against people at Tesla, Tesla supporters, Tesla owners, Tesla stores.
Speaker 2: These are innocent people who have done nothing wrong. So uh yeah, yeah, I am. I have some concern about that somebody, that somebody's gonna get hurt. I mean, you know, you start setting stuff on fire and attacking people's cars and traffic and all that sort of stuff. Oh hell yeah, yeah, it's inevitable. Yeah, ain't ain't good. And I went to my local charging station in my Tesla yesterday and I was wondering them anything going on here anybody's painting Nazi on the pump or anything, but not yet. Here's Trump responding to that.
Speaker 4: There's been some physical damage, a little damage, and we want to keep it that way because I don't want to say this, it's just not the appropriate but low and for out there watching everybody, we don't want this to happen, and not to somebody that's been so good to our country. He didn't have to do this, he didn't have to go through this, and we can't let it happen.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, yesterday, I on the air a couple of times said I think I'm gonna get a cyber truck with a personalized license plate that says doge. I think having a cyber truck now is basically like having a driving mega hat. Nobody saw coming five years.
Speaker 1: Back, when like the entire constituency other than you, who just wanted a rocket ship fast car was look at may look how responsible I am? I really that's level warmings and existential threat. I mean that was like every customer. I eat a huge percentage.
Speaker 2: I eat kale, and I drive a Tesla and I do all the good things. My kids are in public school and we're looking forward to Pride month. It all fit together.
Speaker 1: I have a shrine Degretituneberg living around. We genuflect to that brave little girl every day before we leave the house.
Speaker 2: Slip the other direction. I have no idea what this is going to do to the car prices or the brand or whatever, because all a lot of the mag of people live in parts of the country were there and drive electric cars. And I know these people, they're my relatives, they're my friends. They're not gonna drive electric. So it's gone from joy read viewers to kid Rock and Susius. That's right there at the Tesla dealer, including Trump. So I just wanted to make a statement. I'm going to buy one. Now here's the bad news.
Speaker 4: I'm not allowed to drive because if I haven't driven a car in a long time, and I love to drive cars. But I'm going to have it at the White House and I'm gonna let my staff use it. I'm going to let people at the place use it. And they all are all excited about that I'm not allowed to use it.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it?
Speaker 4: I said, one of my great one of my great things in life is that I can you know, I like to drive cars, but I'm not allowed to. And I will say this on the cyber truck. I bought for a very special young woman. Do you know. I'm sure you've never heard of her Kai and she's great golfers. He puts the clubs in the back, and I guess it's a very safe deal. She loves it.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's full car salesman mode there selling cars in the White House lawn. A little more of that.
Speaker 4: I love Tesla.
Speaker 2: The one I like is that one? How did work? I want that same color? Are you gonna put down a credit card? Elon? Would you take a personal check for the president? I do it the old I give checks.
Speaker 4: I like checks, you know, I like a check better than this modern system of all of a sudden there's money in your account. Nobody knows.
Speaker 2: I like signing a check. So Trump said I'm gonna get one, and Elon said which one you want? And Trump said, which one do you drive? And he said, well, I drive an ass plaid And he said, well, get me that one, get me the red one. I want one of those red And then Hannadial announced last night and tweeted out I or just ordered my new self driving Tesla plaid over one thousand horsepower. So it is becoming a Hannity Trump Maga vehicle, which it wasn't when I bought one three years ago. But I guess that's the direction. It's going, for better or worse. I gotta believe it's for worse for the car company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, probably because it was always at least in large measure of virtue signal. Now it's a virtue signal again, but without the climate chains is an existential crisis aspect of it. Yeah, I don't knows. Well, yeah, but this isn't just a minor company. This is one of the Magnificent seven companies. This is the most valuable car company in the world. Our far is our politics now so infiltrated every aspect of our lives. I mean, we've talked about this endlessly on how now people. You know, the first question you ask on social media if you're going to date someone, is you you vote for Trump or not?
Speaker 2: Something unheard of not that many years ago, that it would even cross your mind thinking who they voted for president when you got down to dating. I don't know how long you'd have to be dating before would ever come up in my case maybe never.
Speaker 1: Well right, yeah, you could easily be a year into a relationship before something would pop up and you'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh really, eh, okay, it just doesn't matter. But anyway, has it so infiltrated every aspect of life that companies can rise or fall based on whether they're scene as woke enough or maga enough or whatever, like seriously rise and fall, and then I don't know what that does to economic models, throws them all out the window, because we all know how quickly that sort of thing can change. See bud Light and Dylan Moulbany, see Tesla in the last two you know month, Oh yeah, it's the greatest whip sawing ever because bud Light went from kind of sort of heartland America to allegedly wildly woke. But he's gone all the way from the left to the right. I think it may continue the trend which in the wake of the whole George Floyd Wokes BLM crap where all these companies were throwing money at Marxist organizations in a desperate attempt not to be targeted by the angry, howling mob of lefties. The after effect was that of that was that they realized, you know, maybe they ought to just you know, I don't know, sell beer or hardware or clothes or whatever we sell instay, the hell a lot of politics like we used to. Maybe I wonder if this will just submit that depends what happens, or is it go the other direction where it's that's over to Buddy's house the other day to watch a football game. You had a Samsung TV. I'll never be over there again. I'm a Sony man, Sony's maga, Samsung's woke for something happened, you know, my god, you know that's a great example. I hope not. I really Can we just watch the game? Throw paint on somebody because they're wearing Rebox which are the wrong politics. But my president wears Nike New Violence.
Speaker 1: Where do you you Rebok wearing Freak?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't. Can we just settle the hell down? You know? Will? They can wear fast as they are.
Speaker 1: I do want to clarify one thing talking about how dating, you know, the idea of knowing somebody's politics up front.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, it was completely unnecessary to know it, and and I didn't care, and most people didn't care now, though, if somebody is like super wildly nut job left, I think I kind of would like a heads up in advance.
Speaker 2: I mean, because.
Speaker 1: That's that's I'm not sure that isn't a maybe fatal issue. Maybe, although we've received emails from folks who have spouses that are wildly different politically than they are and they're still happy and in love.
Speaker 5: So yes, Katie, I was raised in a world where asking about politics, finances, and religion was rude.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, yeah, you're right. Uh, I've got some persons you wear a doge head around, so you're.
Speaker 5: A well I do now I've been forced.
Speaker 2: Actually today I drove my F two fifty to work because I had to put a giant mower in the back of it to take to the repair shop. And it wouldn't it wouldn't fit in a cyber truck if I had one. But oh, and Trump saying he's going to give this to his don't give your granddaughter a one thousand horsepower car. That just seems like a really bad idea for a young woman.
Speaker 1: His ridiculously good looking granddaughter that was raised on the same farm of ridiculously good looking woman women that the Trump organization cranks out even more fruitfully than golf courses.
Speaker 2: Here's a NASCAR for you and your friends to drive around. Yeah, go ahead. Speaking of young people, mentioned this earlier.
Speaker 1: It was kind of an afterthought and an email from a beloved listener. But the idea of trend overload and how it's affecting gen z, whatever that one is. I can't keep track of the generations anymore. Plus Columbia University in open civil war and I'm loving it.
Speaker 2: I just want to hear the beginning of this clip again, just to hear.
Speaker 4: I love Tesler.
Speaker 2: That's a New York Tesler.
Speaker 1: Mike Tesler grew up in New Jersey and went high school in the Bronx for a while, and all he would he would occasionally let a Soder slip.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea. Love me a Tesler. I love Tesler more on the way stay here.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, at last week's World Ski Jump Championships too ski jumping Norwegians admitted to cheating by using manipulation jumpsuits with a reinforced.
Speaker 2: Thread and.
Speaker 6: Let him who watches a man hurl himself into the sky at eighty miles an hour sore three hundred feet and stick of perfect landing, and then he goes, wait a second, does his jumpsuit have reinforced thread?
Speaker 2: Wonder what advantage that gave them aerodynamic aerodynamics? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like those those swimming suits that came in for one Olympics and everybody swam like a motor boat and then they banned them. Now he's doing thirty miles per hour in the pool, Jim, that's he's going to break the world record by well half. So speaking of things that come and go, I thought this was interesting. Again, one of our beloved listeners made kind of an offhanded reference to what's the trend overload, and helpfully it might have been Pawlow included a link to an article in the New York Times by the pop culture gen Z writer, a young gal by the name mckel Halterman, and it's the article is trend over loah blah blah blah. Consider yourself lucky if you've never heard of the Coastal Grandmother esthetic woo I have not, or blueberry milk nails, or the mob wife aesthetic, or a hundred other blank and you'll miss them. Crazes that cycle online with the ferocity of a centrifuge. These micro trends, as they're known, tend to be associated with gen Z, but members of that generation say they're exhausted by the onslaught of fatish clothes and new phrases they encounter every time they pick up their phones.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get bogged down. Can you give me a rough idea though? Which one is gen Z? Is that the current twenty somethings there are uh teens and twenty somethings. Okay, yeah, this, You know.
Speaker 1: I hate to jump to the big overarching philosophical question before us, but I've wondered this for a long time, with the advent of smartphones and people becoming miserable and anxious and depressed and suicidal, and nobody has friends anymore, and nobody can talk to each other. And I always say, on all sorts of different topics, don't engage in static analysis and assume that the beast will not adapt or the system will not adapt or because for every action there's a there's a reaction.
Speaker 2: And I just wonder.
Speaker 1: Whether this is another sign of young people saying this is making me miserable. They'll they'll, they'll, they'll start to decide not to be miserable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I mentioned that he was running around with my son and his friends for his birthday weekend the other day, and as it was amazed how much time they spent staring at their phones, even with each other, you know, and I I wasn't going to weigh in, because you know, that's their deal. It seemed weird to me. And we drove by all these interesting things, and I'd say something and they'd kind of look up from their phone for a second, but go back to their phone. You know, I'm more interested in what was on their phone than seeing anything new or whatever. But and it's clear other which breaks my heart. Yeah, it's clearly so bad. I mean so bad. I got a million examples. On the plane two Airline stewardess is sitting in the jump seats for takeoff. Pre smartphone, they had to be talking to each other unless you brought a book. Now they sit there and stare at their phones. Anyway, A wonderful look back on this, and it'll be like smoking when you look back on the fifties and sixties and think doctors used to smoke. I would love that, I hope. So I really really really hope so more than anyone trend.
Speaker 1: The teenagers in twenty somethings she spoke with want to talk about just how many trends there were and how overwhelming it felt. Others say they can't keep up, they can't afford it mentally or financially. Yeah, there's more to this and it's pretty interesting. Maybe we can reapproach the topic.
Speaker 2: Well. The only hope is if this current generate gen z or whatever they are, they do get miserable enough that they don't want to raise their kids doing it, that they change the rules for their kids and their kids' schools and all that sort of stuff. That's the only hope. I think. What the f has the coastal grandmotherist that I actually have come across this, that one i'd actually heard of. Yeah, Columbia University at war with itself and we're loving it text Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: The Trump Administration, at the direction of President Trump's Executive Order, has a zero tolerance policy for foreign nationals who are given the privilege of getting a visa and going to some of our finest universities and colleges and then siding with these radical terrorist organizations and So this arrest that took place on the campus of Columbia is the first of many to come.
Speaker 2: I don't know legally where we are on this whole thing and the free speech stuff, but in terms of a political issue, this one might be in around eighty twenty, certainly seventy thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially if you laid it out in neutral verbiage about roughly.
Speaker 2: Rough draft here.
Speaker 1: Well, honestly, you could put it as plainly as this, are we going to follow the law about if somebody's on a visa and they break our laws and get arrested, they get booted out or not. And I think most people would say, yeah, hell, follow the law, that's why it's the law, or change the law.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Columbia University and there will be many more test cases for this that will, in a very helpful way, I think, you know, run up against the First Amendment and we can weigh all and how do we want.
Speaker 2: To approach this stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm fine with it, especially because a lot of these young college radicals are foreigners. They're on student visas, they're working for the violent overthrow the government of the United States. Screw them, boot them out anyway. I love this I was unaware of this. It makes perfect sense. Columbia University is kind of in two battles right now. The one we just talked about canceled federal funds to the Ivy League school over their anti semitism. They got that, But the second one is simmering behind the scenes, a faculty civil war that is pitting medical doctors and engineers, actual science people against the political scientists and humanities scholars over how to handle all the chaos, including the pro Palestinian promas demonstrations that have disrupted the campus life. And that's understating it. Honestly, if you ask me, it's a piece buy Who is this, Douglas Felcan.
Speaker 2: That's pretty interesting. I think the takeover of buildings, the occupation of buildings, all that crap, because I know the crazy politics has infiltrated every department of these major universities. And we've talked about that a lot, how they work it into astronomy and obviously the law school and all that sort of stuff, but not so much that the engineers aren't saying, yo, I'm trying to get a degree here so I can go make a living. What the hell are you doing over there.
Speaker 1: Well, and this is the faculty we're talking about two Well, in particular, it's the faculty. But and this is so easy to imagine, the soft sciences lunatics, who are as left as can be. They're embracing this stuff enthusiastically. The physicists are saying, you want me to incorporate that stuff into physics? Holy crap. And they're doing it, maybe just enough to stay out of trouble, but they hate it.
Speaker 2: They hate it.
Speaker 1: Because it's perverting the science they've spent their entire lives studying and developing.
Speaker 2: So in February, well before Donald J.
Speaker 1: Made Columbia Exhibit A in his effort to reshape elite colleges, seven Jewish faculty from the engineering, medical, and business schools, along with some prominent deans and representatives for Jewish alumni, met with the Columbia interim president, Trina Armstrong. Because every university president needs to be a woman, they asked her to get ahead of Trump's moves by implementing a series of restrictions on protesters, including banning masks on campus, which is probably already the law. But they said, look, let's do the smart stuff and then you won't have to worry about, you know, right wingy Trump and his crazy ideas. Her response was to kick the can down the road. She gave him a little lip service, and absolutely nothing happened.
Speaker 2: By the fact that you don't have the guts to say to your students, all right, you can protest on behalf of humas, but you can't cover your face right right.
Speaker 1: Last week, the Trump administration said it's canceling roughly four hundred million dollars in federal grants and contracts to Columbia. On Monday, Notes went out informing the faculty about the frozen money, and said Brent Stockwell, chair of the Department of Biological Sciences, it feels like you're on a bus that's going over the cliff and you're just asking for someone to take charge and drive. People are very angry. People are in tears. They are so frustrated because these people are trying to do hard science and real, you know, academic studies, and their school has become so perverse that.
Speaker 2: You know, the stuff that's happening is happening. I've got a close relative who got their graduate degree from Columbia just a couple of years ago. I should ask them if they feel that's damaging its prestige. It's got to be. If I'm an employer and I see Columbia University on a resume coming through, I'd have to at least want to take a you know, have a few conversations with the person, sus them out. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: At Columbia, the protests last fall led the school to move classes online. Last April, I guess the last winter spring. Well, a campus rabbi warn't Jewish students against returning to campus because it wasn't safe. Columbia canceled its main graduation Saramon, and in August, the president resigned thirteen months in the job. The rest of it, and you and again your hard science, your real academics are saying this is insane. We have got to rein this in. So I you know, as a political science major, I would be happy to go deep undercover on behalf of you scientists. I know how to talk to these people. I can speak their language. I will be your mole deep within the faculty, although I could never get into their faculty.
Speaker 2: So I love this.
Speaker 1: Keep standing up real academics and and folks in those you know, like political scientists who actually understand what's wrong with the current atmosphere on campus is I love this.
Speaker 2: It's got to come from within.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, we've been saying it's going to take women to get rid of the transgender madness where fellas are in their locker room showing their wang and beating the hell out of women on.
Speaker 2: Sports fields and showing their wang. I mean, that's the least of their worries.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's just women need to take charge of this, and academics have to take charge of the universities.
Speaker 2: Honestly, we need help. We can't do it from without. You brought it up last segment. So I did a little googling around how to dress like a coastal grandmother?
Speaker 1: Or excuse me, do we've skipped right over why to dress like a coastal grandmother?
Speaker 2: How to dress coastal grandmother chic on a budget? So I feel like we've done you some good today, particularly you women on a fashion trend that is out there right now, coastal grandmother chic. We have done nobody a favor by bringing that up. We'll see you know it's a hot thing for summer.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's a course, well like I know a damn thing about this. But according to the New York Times, gen Z writer, here you go, here's a sixteen year old high school junior New York said she felt constantly bombarded by product recommendations. Cheetah print was hot less than two months.
Speaker 2: Ago, she said.
Speaker 1: Quote, and now when I go on TikTok, I see people saying like, cheetah print is getting sold. I'm right, right, get a day gone a day. Chris Rock didn't know how right he was.
Speaker 2: My god, Yeah, I just texted you a picture of a coastal grandmother cheeks. Is it gonna turn me on? No? It's just very kind of loose fitting, comfortable wear. But for whatever reason, all right, for the love of heaven. Here's another quote.
Speaker 1: Here's a fifteen year old in Indiana watch classmates by thirty five dollars Stanley tumblers, only to covet another brand of Pastel water bottles shortly thereafter.
Speaker 2: It's wasteful, she said.
Speaker 1: You're wast You're just wasting resources, You're wasting money.
Speaker 2: Will kids adapt to this?
Speaker 1: I mean it was my son. Can't remember what the topic was. It might have been about the radio show or whatever it was. Quite a few years ago when he was a teenager I guess maybe early twenties. He introduced me to the phrase dad, hater's gonna hate, the idea that online, no, ignore it because that's what they do for fun. It has nothing to do with you. Haters are gonna hate. And so he's adapted to that world in a way. Of course, he's not an impressionable young teenage girl who will go along with about anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, we've talked about how words and phrases come and go way faster than they used to, so everything does. I guess.
Speaker 1: Here's a college kid in Oregon. He thinks his age group has reached saturation.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: The prevalence and pure amount of micro trends has made it impossible to understand or participate.
Speaker 2: Well, trying to think of experiencing thing like that. Is it like when I don't know, like American idol was so dominant and then you had like fifty different singing shows.
Speaker 8: Somebody's like whatever, you just give up on it? Is it kind of like that? I don't know, Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I'm interested in the sociologically, and it reminds me and this fits in perfectly so I got turned on. The New York Times had an article about.
Speaker 2: This book and this author that I got into a couple of weekends ago. And he was a great cultural critic in New York of the twenties. I don't remember his name, but you wouldn't know it anyway, really really big deal then, and he wrote a number of novels about twenties basically, I mean, it was the most roaring there in New York. And it was during Prohibition, and everybody was feeling rich. I mean, if any of this sounds familiar, everybody was feeling rich and just bored by modern life. And there was just a lot of casual sex and people not interested in getting married and dating anymore, and everybody was just bored with everything and constantly trying to find the next new thing, and drunk all the time, all the time. Prohibition and this this book. I should send you one of them. It's really interesting to read. But we all know what ended that. The depression in World War Two completely obliterated that, I mean, and it was a hard reset, as we all know to you know, the way my parents grew up very austere, I mean, just the one hundred and eighty degrees from that lifestyle. But it took cataclysms to do that, and that's what wipe all this up. I think human nature does not change. It's a little different now because of the social media, and it's not just cultural, it's just, you know, the way we do everything, staring at our phones or anything has changed. But a cataclysm, you know, a good long war with China and a devastating economy for a while, sweet medior a death, maybe, honey, I don't want that to happen, but that's what reset us last time around. Wolf finished Strong, coming up.
Speaker 9: Next Armstrong, and sold readily at smoke shops, convenience stores, and gas stations. Cratom is derived from a plant from Southeast Asia and often marketed as a supplement to boost energy, manage pain, and even possibly help kick addictions. It can be bought in liquid, tablet or powder form. Small doses that Dea says provide a stimulate effect, high doses a sedative effects. CDC data from twenty twenty three shows thirty seven states and Washington d C had one fifty one overdose deaths in which creatom was detected. The FDA doesn't regulate it, but warns the public against the use of creatom for medical treatment.
Speaker 2: Had never even heard of kretum. That was if you had said there's a new drug called kretum. Did I just make that up or not? I wouldn't know. No idea. Take it easy on the creatim. Everybody ain't good for you, boy. A small dose is kind of a stimulant. Large dose is a depressant. I get that myself out of a glass. So here's something counterintuitive for you. Maybe I'll get into this when we have more time, because it's kind of fascinating. So Trump mentioned the other day, I think he mentioned it is not State of the Union address about making English the official language, which in general sounds good to me. It just drives me nuts when I am trying to function in the world and in dealing with somebody doesn't speak English, drives me crazy. That's in a store the other day and ask a question. The person just said, no know English, then why are you here? I would have said in their language if I knew how, But so U. I saw this from Stephen Pinker, who sometimes I agree with sometimes I don't, in his Twitter feed, but he pointed out John mccorter's piece in the New York Times about this, and we often agree with him. English is the official US angliage is an unkind policy for a non existent problem, says John mccorter. Right wingers take note, libertarianism has worked perfectly were here, Well here, spontaneous order emerging from everyone wanting to learn the predominant language has resulted in English becoming the de facto official language of our country without government regulation. It has also become the world's de facto official second language, again without government regulation. And how it it pulls people together better just because it's an easier way to make a go of it in this country than would if we tried to force people into it, that's macuarter's argument.
Speaker 1: Well, and if we were to make it legally so and force people into it, what would the resistance or backlash look like. And I'm not advocating one side of this or the other. I'm just curious how it would actually play out in real life. I mean, because the official state language of California is English.
Speaker 2: And it's a joke, Yeah, well then there's no enforcement of that whatsoever. But it's not hard to imagine an immigrant family from wherever and you hear this all the time people who grew up in a house where their parents were going to make them learn English. You're going to speak English because that's how you're going to make it go up in this country, right, maybe being resistant to that if it were forced.
Speaker 1: Apartment asked a girl on a train platform in Munich, excuse me, do you speak English? And see she said yes, as if it was a ridiculous question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and she was German. I got to comment on that. I'll do it for my final.
Speaker 10: Point, I'm strong, get ready with Katie Green and.
Speaker 6: Strong.
Speaker 2: Here's yours for final thoughts, Joe Getty, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. Michaelangelo lead us off, would you please Well?
Speaker 1: I got exactly one month till I turned fifty, and uh, I know that I can't keep up with the trends like coastal grandmother.
Speaker 2: I just don't know. I think you should start dressing like a coastal grandmother.
Speaker 1: Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie, well.
Speaker 5: Since Jack is thinking about getting a cyber truck, I was looking at raps and they have a McDonald's burger rap.
Speaker 2: Oh cool for the cyber truck. There you go. So your truck looks like a burger. I don't dream come true. Jack. A final thought for us. So, I was good friends with this guy named Giuseppe is from Italy, and he's a PhD at the university. And he spoke decent English, not great, but decent English. And I remember telling him one time I was thinking of learning Spanish or a second language. I thought it'd be cool, and he said, why would you care. You already know the most important language on earth. And he was a very well world traveled, world traveler, And that's just stuck in my mind. Yeah, I already know the important language.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will be online all afternoon promoting the coastal middle aged dipstick who doesn't give a crap anymore esthetic. If you'd like some pictures of that, well, I'll send you pictures of me.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've got the guy who shops at tractor supply Aesthetic Armstrong in Geeddy wrapping up but o they're grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people with thanks a little time go to Armstrong and getdy dot com.
Speaker 2: Check out the hot links.
Speaker 1: Oh so many good reads and views. Pick up an ang hoodie for your favorite Ang fan. Maybe it's you helps to keep everybody on the payroll during these challenging times. And if there's something we ought to be talking about, man, y'all are great about this. Drop us lines in a link mail bag at armstrong in getdy dot com.
Speaker 2: We will see you tomorrow. God bless America. I love arm Strong and Getty. I'm going to say this at risk of my job. What are beyond my craving for doritos? What the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 4: It seems like there's a few kings in that slinkys, So let's go with a buying.
Speaker 2: Green drops keep falling on your hand? Are you familiar with that? On my head?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: It's not that's not the point of the conversation. Who's who's the eight is getting rain on it? It's not the point. That's not the key question, right.
Speaker 7: And on that nightmare inducing notes, thank you very much, Armstrong and Getty.