Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It's hour two on this Thursday. I am sports tired. I'm tired. Big Nap today, Big Nap boy. Today, we'll talk to Scott van Pelt. He was on the call there with Sports Center before and after the game. Van Paz will join us momentarily at the airport headed to San Antonio. The Knicks will be five and a half point underdogs in that game. I don't think it matters what the point spread is.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I mentioned that Game three, it was two and a half point favorite for the Knicks, and I said, boy, I would take the Spurs. Last night, I thought the Knicks were going to win. Then they're down twenty nine, and I go, maybe they could make this respectable and have a little momentum. Going back to San Antonio, nine and a half minutes to go, New York out scores the Spurs thirty to eleven, holding them to two for eleven. Shooting stat of the day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards. So the program, we'll talk to Roger Bennett, men In Blazer's co host as the World Cup gets underway today. United States in action tomorrow My Golden Knights at the Hurricanes game five tonight on ABC. Let's make way for Scott Van Pelt, Sports Center host at the Garden Van Paz.
Speaker 2: When you're at halftime, what's the building like?
Speaker 4: Well, the building was on fire because the Wu Tang clan was on the floor, daan And as you know, as you know, the Wu Tang clan ain't nothing to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: It was actually I felt terrible because you know, here comes the Wu Tang. This is New York Royalty, and I mean they're down by million, and they did the best they could to get the building kind of back.
Speaker 5: But I mean, I see Timothy.
Speaker 4: Shaloman at halftime. We're fast friends now and me and Tim and he's like, I don't know. I said, there's a saying it's a cliche in sport, but next play, next play. And the thing about NBA games, you know this, you've covered them for many years. That forty eight minutes is a long time. Man, that's a long time. And so I'm talking to my guys Stanford Steve, and I say, you think they get this to single digits at any point? And he said, I think they will. And I said, I do not, and as we know, they did, but it was at halftime. There were not many optimists in the building.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I kept waiting to see was there going to be a moment or can I pinpoint a moment? And I just mentioned with nine and a half to go they go on a thirty two to eleven run. I just kept wondering what Mitch Johnson was thinking, because unless he wasn't thinking in the moment of this is real, he might think, Oh, we're going to win this. The question is how much are we going to win this by? How accountable do you make him? I know we can talk about dearon Fox, but let's start with the head coach.
Speaker 4: I thought there were a number of moments where a timeout just would have made sense.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are you saving them for?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: I mean, just call a time out, tell everybody to take a deep breath and calm down and stop hoisting threes. They were incredibly hot first half. As a shooter yourself, you know, when you start missing, put it on the paint, get to the line, figure out a way to get.
Speaker 5: An easy bucket.
Speaker 4: And they seemed intent to keep chucking threes. And I'm thinking the same thing you're thinking, Dan, at some point, call a timeout and just if nothing else, let everybody gather their thoughts and recognize we cannot let this get away. And you know, by the time they started calling timeouts, it felt too late because it wasn't nine anymore again, it was five.
Speaker 2: Now it's four.
Speaker 5: Now You're like, holy crap, they could win this game.
Speaker 4: And I mean the fact that the Knicks already did it once this playoff run against Cleveland, I raced a twenty two point lead.
Speaker 2: In a fourth.
Speaker 4: You know, there's this buy in, there's a belief that's it in actually having done it. You know, it's not like everyone says Ogananobi tells me afterwards. We keep believing and I don't I roll them, but I at the same time, I'm like, brother, you're down twenty nine once, Like I can't. We're going to stay in the fight. But I mean, you know, they seem to really genuinely believe. And as I say, they've shown way.
Speaker 3: And I think when the series started we thought, okay, this is a young team. Yeah, well okay, dearon Fox, you know, he's supposed to be the veteran, he's the leader that in a big moment, you know, maybe not Stefan Castle with the ball or Wemby, you got Daron Fox. Well, that didn't go as scripted because I couldn't understand how you don't do the math. You don't need a basket, you need to take time off the clock. He just had a two minute stretch that is going to be unforgivable in NBA.
Speaker 4: Lore I agree, and it's the player I've liked for a long time. I was thrilled that he got to San Antonio and got out of sort of being stuck where he was, where he was playing games that were inconsequential, you know, and you have the ball in the lead, the clock's your biggest ally, you don't need another point at that point, I thought, and I'm standing right down there at that baseline, I thought he was going to do that thing where you hesitate and then you use the burst of speed to go baseline to the far corner and just keep bleeding clock. But as he takes it to the rim, oj Ananobe does an incredible job to not foul them and get the block. And then it's two things that were basketball one oh one that and then you have to get a body on anenobe, and when one Binyama comes floating out to challenge the three from Brunson, I mean his I don't know if you've ever seen him in person, Dan, but I mean his length. You can't process it in your brain. So I understand challenging the shot from one Binyama, but if he exits the paint, someone has to get a body at anenobe. Not one person did, and so it's two Coop one oh one tenants that were abandoned there and they cost the Spurs dearly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was just saying this about ten minutes ago. It drives me crazy that nobody boxes out anymore. I guess in high school you had to college a little bit in the pros forget about it, and you know the Aaron Fox can't lose sight of Anenoby. I know he comes out, but I mean, there were just some fundamental plays that should never those mistakes never should have been made. Nobody wanted to leave the garden when it was over, so everybody's just kind of milling abound. You had to stay for postgame for Sports Center, But what was that atmosphere like when everybody's walking around kind of bewildered.
Speaker 4: That's the thing, Dan, Like, we've both been fortunate and we've talked about this a lot through the years, like that, we've done it for a while, and so you know, the day after, you try to resist the urge to say, never see anything like it. You never see anything like it, all right, there's no historical context for this, but it's I mean, so as I'm walking out on the floor, there's Sharla Man, He's like, we did it, and I'm like yeah. And there's Taylor Swift, and then Jimmy Fallon and Tersey Morgan are just spinning in circles, hugging each other, and it's New York Hip Hop Royalty, and there's nas and here's you know, all the New York nick legends and a lums on the floor and this is New York City, Dan, like, this is not a place that's easily impressed or easily moved. And they're singing Journey, they're singing don't Stop Believing. I'm taping an interview with Spike and they're playing New York, New York. John Traturo walks in, kisses him, kisses him on the cheek. As we're doing the interview and I'm just thinking to myself, like, this is the city, man, Like this place is unhinged with joy in a way that like, as a non New Yorker, I just I don't remember seeing them moved in that way. And I give the Garden credit it. Like, you know, games over, let's get move and let's get out of here, let's go home. No one was in a hurry to push them to the exits. I'm sitting on the floor with a small set and Spike gets up screaming the last refrain of New York, New York og and Andobi sits down. And you know this because you again, you've done it and it's your job. But I got to tell you, man, in the midst of it, you're pinching yourself, going, man, I've been lucky and I've seen some stuff, but I've never never seen this.
Speaker 2: I know you're busy. Uh say travels to San Antonio.
Speaker 4: Great to say, no, no, Dan, We're going to DC baby Stanley Cup tonight post game Stanley Cup.
Speaker 2: The show goes on, goes on constant road trip for you. Huh.
Speaker 4: You know what, zero complaints. Championship season. The Stanley Cup has been awesome. The NBA Finals been awesome. We you know, we'll see you when the when the see when the game's done.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, buddy. It's always rather be good.
Speaker 3: Scott Van Pelt going to DC and then then going to San Antonio after that. Some of the back room guys know that I'm old, and they know that I've been around a lot of big events. If I just did basketball being in person, now, if that was for the title last night, that would probably be the greatest moment finish in NBA history. If I looked at it was a twenty nine point you know, come back, you do it, you do it in dramatic fashion, to tip in almost at the buzzer, it would be it would be tough to try to surpass that. Now, Jordan in Utah, that was for a title, and people forget that he has the strip on Carl Malone at one end setting up the game winning shot. We think that's Mike's last game, that's his last shot, that's his last moment. And then I was in the Boston Garden when Magic hits the skyhook over Kevin McHale and Robert Parrish. That's for a championship. Last night was not for a championship. Had it been, that probably would have Sir Pat. Now, if I'm in the moment and I'm there, that would have surpassed the other two that I saw. But you know, the Celtics losing at home, and you would have had last night, you know, with the Knicks winning a championship at home, and it's been fifty three years, so I would factor that in.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't for the title.
Speaker 3: Magic on the road, hits the runner and Michael you know with the jump shot to beat Utah. Those are two of the best basketball moments and I don't know if there's anything that's even close to that. The eighty six Mets with the ball with Buckner. That wasn't for the World Series title. That was just to get to a Game seven. Had that been, you could make a case that's the greatest finish in baseball history. Now Masaroski hit a home run and that won a World Series, Well you gotta I mean there's been these. Joe Carter I was there when he hit the home run off Mitch Williams. I mean, I got so many moments that I need a rolodex. But but I've seen the moments when they happen in a championship is at stake, That's when it's different.
Speaker 2: Yes, Marvin, do you.
Speaker 7: Think more people do you think this would have been more iconic in history if oj Ananobi was Jalen Brunson, like, he's not on the level of a Magic or Michael Jordan, where the iconic player hits the iconic shot.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're waiting for that moment. You're waiting for that guy to come to the plate. You're waiting for your future Hall of Famer to have his moment. The fact that Magic took the shot, and you think, if there's going to be a skyhook, it's going to be Kareem. But Magic taking that shot and going over two seven footers, great defenders and hitting that shot and stunning the garden, and then everybody in the building knew why he wasn't see I'm gonna get into now, I'm gonna get angry again.
Speaker 2: I never now.
Speaker 3: I know Packson hit big shots, Steve Kerr hit big shots. I don't want Michael Jordan taking that shot. I don't want him to be able to go right.
Speaker 8: Gues.
Speaker 2: Did he push off, Yes he did. Would I have double team do Yes?
Speaker 5: I got a double team.
Speaker 3: But yeah, if oj Ananobi makes that, you win a championship in New York, that'd be tough to surpass. Now, there were moments, you know, I vaguely remember the Celtics in you know, nineteen sixty nine and before that, probably really started watching basketball in nineteen sixty nine. I remember Jerry West, but they didn't win the championship. When he hits that three quarter court shot, they didn't win the championship. But there have been a lot of moments that I watch, But then being in person, it's just different. It's that atmosphere. It doesn't leave the building, even if you open up all the windows and all the doors, it doesn't. That will remain in that building throughout our lifetime.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Paulie, I was thinking this morning, if the next go on to win in five or six, and it's not a special win, those games, OG's moment will be will override the rest of the series, And it kind of reminds me a little Apples and oranges. Kirk Gibson's home run for the Dodgers in eighty eight, that was Game one, but in my mind that was to win the World Series when I look back, but I know it's Game one, but that overshadowed the rest.
Speaker 3: Of the series. I wasn't in the building for that, but that's a moment where they were big underdogs to the A's and Gibbe Homer's and all of a sudden, you've got It's weird. It's like when the Reds in nineteen ninety with Eric Davis beating the Oakland A's. Once again, the A's were big favorites, and I just remember, all of a sudden, you were like, they're not invincible, and it would be like just a moment a play a hit. You know, if Shilling had pitched with the bloody sock and that was the game clincher, that would be up there. I mean, it's already up there, but you're talking about these moments. I was there when Luis Gonzalez had a little salt off base knock against Mariana Rivera that won the World Series.
Speaker 2: I mean, it wasn't a dramatic hit or anything.
Speaker 3: It was he got his maryon Rivera through the pitch that he wanted to throw, and I think he broke Gonzalez's bat, but he somehow flared it and they ended up winning the World Series.
Speaker 2: Yes, Dylan.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think at what people remember too, like Bill Buckner game in eighty six, that was game six. No one remembers game seven, like obviously the mesie and you were there for that.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that is one of those when you when you have an atmosphere when the ball went through Buckner's legs and Ray Night scores that the sound, the sound has never left me.
Speaker 2: It was, oh my god.
Speaker 3: It's this is an earthquake, and people jumping out of the stands. Everybody was going on the and this is only game six. You still have game seven and then I think there was a rain delay and Bruce Hurst was pitching, he was dealing in game seven. Like it was okay, you won game six. Now it's like the Bartman game that was game six, so you still had game seven. Carrie wood Homers like you're you're gonna be okay, we'll survive Bartman. But like, that's what are you gonna do for an encore? And it's tough to provide an encore? Yeah, Marvin, Yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Think og and Andoby will be up there with Magic Johnson because people don't realize. I think that Magic Johnson hook Shop was to go up three to one in series. Oh, it wasn't that the Larry Bird shot? Yeah, where he's wide open when Worthy loses. Yes, that's the next play. Oh, and they will go up three to one in the series instead of two to two.
Speaker 3: Man, when you bring that up to James Worthy, Worthy is like Pete on himself. Oh I know he did say that. Uh well, then e me because I thought magic because I was there. They were celebrating in that high school locker room there, and it was about, you know, my side of the man cave here. It wasn't even this big in there. It was like a couple of showers. I don't think there's any hot water. I just remember you get a bunch of you know, tall basketball players in there, some champagne, a trophy, and you know it was some wild atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dyl Yeah, But.
Speaker 10: That's all almost to the point where it's like it's not always the game seven or the series ending game that is what truly stands out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Paul said, they could they could just go on the way.
Speaker 10: It could just be a regular game, Nicks win semi comfortably, and then this is the game that will be the defining moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like David Tyree's catch didn't win the Super Bowl, Plexico burus Is touchdown did and having been there for that as well, like you you know some of those Super Bowl moments. The Roethlisberger throw to Santonio Holmes. Boy, that's up there. That is a throw that I don't know. Maybe there's two or three quarterbacks who can make that throw. Maybe maybe, but in that moment to win a Super Bowl, it's pretty good. Yeah. More the Ray Allen shot Game six. Ray I went there for that, but yeah, Ray Ray with that? All right, let me take a break. Got more phone calls? How do the Spurs respond? Stanley Cup tonight? This's been a wild series as well. Uh and hour Roger Bennett get us ready for the World Cup. The primer for the World Cup. Well back after this from The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Hey, It's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio and in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: You can now watch the Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 11: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 3: Update our poll results. Talk some soccer coming up? Football?
Speaker 6: Nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Football, Cody coming up next next hour? Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 9: But isn't Roger Bennett from Mennon Blazers now American? Would he use football or soccer?
Speaker 3: I think he'd use soccer here? Maybe football over there. We'll talk from soccer, what would be what is the storyline in the World Cup? The number one storyline in the World Cup? And also what would be a great showing for Team USA that'll be coming up next down. How do the Spurs respond? We've credited them because they're young and they may not know what they're supposed to know or not know. Now you come home, this is where you go. Okay, let's just take care of business. We don't need style points. We just need to win the game. Then you take your chances going back to the garden. If that's the case, then I think once again that pressure goes back on the Knicks.
Speaker 2: If it goes back to the garden, I.
Speaker 3: Know you're up three to two, but now the Knicks seem to play better when they're on the road. That atmosphere seems to get to them. They don't start well. Karl Anthony Towns picks up two quick fouls, and I'm thinking, Okay, this is your blueprint. Get him in foul trouble, get Wemby in the paint, and then the second half, nobody's in the paint, nobody's trying to score, nobody's you know, from the standpoint of taking it to the hoop, I mean, there are a lot of things that had to unfold on both ends for this to happen. Because we love to ask the question, well, did they lose or did they win? You can get up, I'm gonna give you credit, But then you allowed them to come back. And if you think about it, the Spurs' worst case scenario should have won by ten, Like that's worst case scenario, maybe nine, maybe eight, And then you say, wow, you guys blew a twenty point lead, not a twenty nine point lead. But I think the shocking part of it is, and you don't know how younger players, well, players in general, are going to respond when there's so much pressure. Every possession now matters. We're up by twenty nine, this is awesome. And then all of a sudden, we're up by twenty. It's still awesome. We're up by twelve, it's not as awesome as it was. And then it got to single digits. That's when you knew. This is when you get tight and you throw the ball and somebody's not looking, you take a shot. You'll advise you don't box out, just little things and you put them all together.
Speaker 2: It's almost like a Rubik's cube.
Speaker 3: You really had to work it where it was going to be complete if you start to maneuver, and you keep maneuvering, and you know in the fourth quarter, all right, we're kind of oh boy, the colors are starting.
Speaker 2: To match up, and now we have it. Yeah, Martin, I.
Speaker 7: Think one of the bigger coaching miscues that miss Johnson has had is not putting the ball in Dylan Harper's hands more, because he's been unbelievable this series now and you're giving it to Daron Fox's doing the complete opposite of what Dylan Harper's been doing this series.
Speaker 3: But This is why you have dearon Fox. You get a veteran point guard for a young team, a young superstar.
Speaker 2: This is why you have him.
Speaker 3: Now you can put up numbers in Sacramento, and I'm the only one who's gonna notice. Now these are important numbers that you're putting up. You can put up twenty eight and we're going, man, all right, now, I need you to put up eighteen and not throw the ball away.
Speaker 2: Make smart decisions. Yes, yes, Dylan, Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean that dearon Fox play where he goes for the lamp and gets blocked as opposed to like, uh, dribbling out the clock. A little bit stands out, but another one was like just another two minutes left. Wemby misses those two free throws, and that just like that seemed to kind of have first stamp that, like the momentum had fully swung the wrong direction.
Speaker 3: And you can't be talking trash, you know, And he was pointing to his head like I'm out smarting you. And then all of a sudden, make the free throws, make that jumper that you had, you know earlier in the series, like these this is what great players do. Legendary legacy stuff hit the jumper, make your free throws. He did have the block that led to d'errean Fox fast break. Oh, shock shock. It's just fundamental basket Like, this isn't high IQ stuff. This is just simple stuff. Yeah, Paul, it does.
Speaker 9: Feel like years from now, if the next go on to win, you'll remember Og and you'll forget some plays, or remember Fox and forget some plays. I was looking back at twenty eight three and the Patriots win. There's so many plays like the Edelman catch on thir third down on where the ball was going to hit the ground, and then there's like a Julio Joon sideline catch and this Trey Flower strip sack, and there's so many little plays that led up to it. Because the math doesn't work with twenty eight three unless all goes your way.
Speaker 3: But then High Tower had the sack on Matt Ryan. Dante High Tower history should remember him for two of the biggest moments because he tackles Marshawn Lynch at the one and a half yard line. It's him against Marshawn Lynch and then has the sack against Matt Ryan that takes him out of field gold range. Those are two of the biggest plays in Super Bowl history. Now, I know we focus on Tom Brady, where we focus on whoever you know the quarterbacks are, but these are plays that you don't get those chances to win without those smaller plays.
Speaker 2: James in Virginia, Hi James, what do you have for me?
Speaker 12: Oh? Thanks for taking my call, brother, Happy Thursday. DP didn a salute the commanders man, or so I say, salute the Knickerbocker man. Holly smokes DC the only way that I can explain it, And I'm sorry, Paul. It takes me back to twenty twenty four with Jayden Daniels and the Hail Mary against the Chicago Bears. The improbableness of that and what's and I think Goodwill hit it on the head man. The Spurs never took the Knicks seriously. And I was just thinking about the Lebron Hyrie. What Og did if that play is so amazing because it starts with Brunton. He sees the double team and he jocks up the shot with like five seconds leap instead of one or two seconds. And if you see Og, he's actually going towards Brunton and when he sees him pull up, he bean like Tabaka and no wing. No one could box him out because no one even saw him for me, and I think you hit it on the head. All these great plays I think in sports history, the one that you were just talking about but didn't get to it with the Malcolm Butler play, the Lebron block, I mean, the baby sky hook, the Jordan one. Even as a knick name, the Jordan one has to be number one, but Og has to be up there number two all time man, and going forward. I mean, I don't think the Spurs can survive even in Game five. This is just such a knockout blow for them. Man, so excited. Man, let's sell Nick or Bombers drive a great bit. Thank you for taking my call, gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even put Malcolm Butler in there. I mean that won a Super Bowl. That that and to witness that, you know, it's thirty feet away, and to witness that, that's right up there with Roethlisberger, with Santonio Holmes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul, we.
Speaker 9: Were on the sidelines for the three Fiesta Bowl when Ohio State thought they had lost, Miami thought they won, and then they had that flag in the end zone and goes to.
Speaker 3: Overtime Brett in Florida. Hi Brett, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 13: Hey, DP, Good morning guys. So one of the comment and a question.
Speaker 12: For you last night. I'm not a.
Speaker 13: Frequent watcher of the NBA, but that was crazy, and boy am I glad I watched. There's a thing in baseball score early score often didn't seem like the Spurs, remember the d often part, But just crazy to see how the Knicks we're able to come back. And I had a question for you. So with the US Open coming up, PG kind of changing up their schedule a little bit, I know chances are slim, but last time I called in was during COVID. You guys gave me some good advice because the Masters was in the fall time and I was about to have my son, which he's now five. But why don't we get you on the dan Nette's take on another audition for a tradition unlike any other in the fall time?
Speaker 8: Thanks guys.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I followed the addition in the fall, Brett, I'm not sure I followed that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So what do you all think about having another Masters in the fall time versus the spring?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, no, no, No, I like it in the spring, unless you're saying we have another Masters, and I'm not for that either. I like this special of it and it just has that feeling of Okay, spring is here. It's like that's the unofficial start of spring. Yes, doing Yeah.
Speaker 10: And when DJ won that during the COVID Masters they destroyed Augusta, he was like twenty one under like it was the conditions weren't played, way easier than you would get from your usual springtime Masters.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love the springtime there, the way it looks, smells, feel everything about it, and that you know it's springtime and it looks like that down there. All right, let me take a break. We'll get some more phone calls coming up. We're back after this, Dan Patrick Shaw.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. More phone calls coming up.
Speaker 3: We'll talk some soccer with Roger Bennett, men In Blazer's co host. Oh look, who is Rome in the streets of New York City.
Speaker 5: It's I've been on these streets with you before, Danny.
Speaker 3: It's Adam Sandler joining us big time celebrity there at the garden last night. How would you describe the atmosphere last night?
Speaker 14: It was tremendous. It was absolutely one of the I met.
Speaker 5: Before the game.
Speaker 14: I was saying to my wife, I think this is gonna be the highlight of our sporting career, going to this. Uh you know what I'm saying, and uh and uh yes. And then the first half, the first quarter didn't go well and there was some devastation, but you kept thinking, like, there's a chance, there's a chance. And then you started going, I don't know if there is a chance of anything coming up. I guess we'll figure it out game five. And then it just it just started doing what they've been doing, just chipping away, and and then san Antonio was missing shots and holy cow, it was it was just complete love.
Speaker 5: It was complete love. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 14: WU tangs was halftime show like it just felt loose.
Speaker 5: It felt loose.
Speaker 14: People were still having fun even though we were down so much and it took so long to chip away, there was still kind of a good vibe and little little kids were all over the place having fun. And oh my god, when the team won. I look back at these nice little kids who were being funny the whole game, and they were all crying, and there was.
Speaker 5: One of the biggest moments I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Man, did you give any thought to leaving in like all third quarter?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, none of that. No, no, it was too much. It was too exciting. Still, too dude.
Speaker 14: San Antonio was so locked in that it was fun even watching them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, take a picture.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 5: This nice lady's taking a picture of us, Danny and we go. Boom.
Speaker 14: I oh, she's got the five four three two one going, Danny, This is fantastic.
Speaker 5: Okay, boom, thank you, thank you, thank you. So yeah, that was good.
Speaker 14: But yeah, no, no, san Antonio was so they were just they looked so cool out there.
Speaker 5: They couldn't miss a shot.
Speaker 2: Who are you sitting next to?
Speaker 14: I was?
Speaker 5: I was next to the Wu tang Co. Uh I was hang on, I got I got it. No, dude, I'll get you right after.
Speaker 6: I loved it.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I bom with the great Dan Patrick.
Speaker 12: You can't.
Speaker 5: You can't mess with him. But uh, I was.
Speaker 2: Who are you sitting next to?
Speaker 5: I was next to?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 14: Who's that next to Rock. Was it Rock and Rock's mother coach? Yeah, cal Perry was. He was such a great dude. He was fun to sell. He's gonna send me some sneakers. That was nice, and uh and all the wou tang and then just the whole night you saw somebody that you were excited to see, but mostly mostly I had crazy Nick fans screaming at me the whole time.
Speaker 5: We gotta get this at him.
Speaker 14: You know, they put a little pressure on poor sand Man. I I'm doing the best I can.
Speaker 5: Everybody, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then you got your your buddy, Timothy Shallow Man.
Speaker 14: I saw that sweet, slick young man and he was excited.
Speaker 5: Everybody was.
Speaker 14: Everybody was at halftime kind of giving.
Speaker 5: Those looks to each.
Speaker 14: Other like, uh, all right, man, I mean it's possible, but but.
Speaker 5: This does sting.
Speaker 14: You know, it made it just made you automatically started thinking about game five like a crazy person. And then I don't know, man, that last five six minutes you I started to believe like, well, they're really like making such great stops and putting buckets in.
Speaker 5: And then and then that that heart, that heart dude was so on fire. Yeah that it was terrifying.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 14: Every three he hit every their whole team, and then Wemby is just to see you live. I saw one other time out playing the Lakers, but I was way up in a box and I couldn't. I couldn't really, you could just feel the fun of it. But when you're down on the flo you see him.
Speaker 5: You go, holy cow it.
Speaker 14: It really is like when your big brother toying with you the whole time, Like I got that, gimme the just ripping it out of your hands anytime you want.
Speaker 5: It was just so cool.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: But what a og man, that guy.
Speaker 14: I've loved him since he's on the team, but you just depend on him so much. He's such a badass brunts and such a badass cat. When Cat got two fouls up top, that's.
Speaker 5: What everybody was talking about.
Speaker 14: The ref's calling that goofy foul on Cat up top, and you were like, well he just changed everything.
Speaker 5: We can't.
Speaker 14: The ref kind of ruin things for all of us. We were mad at the ref. I was thinking of things to yell at the ref about him and his family and stuff, and.
Speaker 2: Then I stopped, how long you in New York for?
Speaker 5: I've taken off.
Speaker 14: I'm going to see my kiddoh and then I'm taking off, buddy, but I'll be back. And we were writing yesterday and we were writing your part, and it's gonna be the best, Danny.
Speaker 5: I promise you, we're gonna have fun to get.
Speaker 3: When do we start shooting? When I have to make time for this grown up three.
Speaker 5: I promise you.
Speaker 14: I'll have the schedule in like two weeks, but we're gonna start I think in the beginning of August.
Speaker 2: Now. Uh, does oj and Anobi get a part?
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Yeah, whatever Og needs he's got, he's gotta. He's gonna be tipping in all my jokes.
Speaker 14: I got this sand Man, let me I know that that joke was a complete and miss let me get.
Speaker 2: It for you, all right. Uh go be a celebrity there.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna I'm gonna wander around here. But I love you, Danny. Congratulations to the next fans.
Speaker 2: That was fun, all right? Tell Jackie I said, hello, thanks, Danny.
Speaker 5: Okay, by you soon.
Speaker 2: That's send.
Speaker 3: And Adam Sandler, big Knicks fan, he's breaking it down there. He's right that that second foul on uh cat Uh that that wasn't a good call because that all of a sudden changed the whole offensive philosophy.
Speaker 2: That was tough.
Speaker 3: Weby got another flagrant. I mean it may not matter, but got another flagrant there, Yes, Marph.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it didn't look good when Jeremy Sochan got in the game for the Knicks and.
Speaker 2: I was like, who in the blue hell is this?
Speaker 5: I had to look up online to see.
Speaker 2: Who that was. Bobby and san Antonio. Hi, Bobby, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 12: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm great.
Speaker 6: Oh. I just wanted to thank you for echoing everything I've ever been thinking for the last ten or twelve years about fundamentals, people not boxing out, not shuffling their feet, taking unnecessary threes. Having said that, I don't want to take the spurs off the hook for that. I think a lot of the NBA has fallen to or going away from fundamentals. So last night wasn't an anomaly. It was more the standards of the NBA for the last ten to twenty years.
Speaker 3: So oh, I know, I look, nobody wants to hear the trumpy old man get off my lawn, but it's it bothers me, you know, just simple plays. We love this spectacular. There's always going to be room for the guy who makes the smart, simple place, and last night they didn't make smart, simple plays. You got the ball eleven seconds to go, You don't need a layup, don't need points, you need you know, time to tick off the clock, boxing out, you know, just little things.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: The Spurs wiped out a twenty nine point deficit. And speaking of which, dude wipes Todd because extra large weather is better and available to Amazon major retailers nationwide.
Speaker 2: Dude wipes best clean pants down.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Marcy in South Carolina, Hi, Marcy, Hey, good morning to dp's six one two five.
Speaker 15: So yesterday you made a comment and it didn't hit me until that happened while I was watching the game last night where Wenby picks up that Slagra style and I remember you saying that, let's say Wenby picks up the four and then doesn't get to play on one of these games, how does he stay disciplined in these next this next game to make sure he doesn't pick up that four, because the Spurs are gonna need him down to stretch if they have any shot of winning the same.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they need him. But even last night with the flagrant against Karl Anthony Towns like he does. He knows that he hit him, and he even, you know, kneels down to say sorry, Karl Anthony Towns. He didn't mean to, you know, nas Reed felt like he meant to hit somebody in that Minnesota series. But yeah, you can accidentally hit somebody and it will be a flagrant. The question is is it going to be a basketball or non basketball move?
Speaker 2: Yes, Dylan, Yeah.
Speaker 10: Do you think if they don't go with the no call on the what was really a flag at the previous game that they called this or it was this a makeup call?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think it was a makeup call. But I you're right if they do have the flagrant with Brunch and they boy would be tough not to call that though. I mean, you hit him with your elbow, But I they might have just called a foul. I don't know, but this is what we wondered, you know, is it a makeup call? Alan Minnesota?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: Al?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 12: Band?
Speaker 8: Donnert five ten, one hundred and eighty pounds fault soft A blue date night last night? Ah, watching the game. But here's the thing. I watched the first half of the game, and I was like, I hurt my wife so bad. I was like, oh, at halftime the score was so big. I was like, I'm gonna go upstairs and comfort my wife. Go upstairs, fall asleep with my wife. You know, we didn't have date night. I wake up at eleven o'clock, I come downstairs. Game over Nix ran. Oh man, my parlays looked terrible at the beginning. I have fought. I was like, yeah, yeah, my parlays just kind of full apart, I guess. But New York needed this win. The city really needed this win.
Speaker 3: Yeah they did. Yeah, and maybe make it up to your wife. Thank you all. Yes, do you want to.
Speaker 2: Play a quick game?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 10: All right, So last night was the largest comeback in NBA Finals history.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Do you know what the largest come back in NBA playoffs history was.
Speaker 5: I'll give you a hint.
Speaker 10: It was in twenty nineteen and it was thirty one points.
Speaker 2: No, yes, Paul, the Nuggets.
Speaker 10: No, it was the Clippers coming back against the Warriors. And then the real game is do you know who hit the game winning shot? And I'll give you another hint. He's currently playing in this finals. Seeler Ognobi, Landry Shammitt, Marvin Zone who did go over for three last night?
Speaker 2: From three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, didn't you say that he was going to be the key? Wasn't that they.
Speaker 7: Needed him to be the key? But Jose Alvarado, he played well. That was a great coaching move. You've talked about going with a hot hand. They needed another ball handler, which we talked about after game three. Yes, you needed somebody else to take the pressure off of brunts and would not having to bring the ball up to get over half.
Speaker 3: That they had not played together before in a game. But isn't his nickname grand theft Alvarado? It's pretty good, Yeah, pauling, but that's the NIXT coach.
Speaker 9: Knowing I've got Alvarado in, you don't rotate him back out when he's playing well. You stick with what works. Daron Fox not playing well and you stick with him.
Speaker 5: It's the opposite.
Speaker 3: Update the poll results there for the second hour doing.
Speaker 10: After game four, who is your finals MVP, Jalen Brunson, og Anobi or other? Fifty five percent say Anenobi? And did you bail in the game last night when the Knicks were down by twenty nine? Fifty six percent say no. Probably some liars in there.
Speaker 7: Yes, Marvin, I feel bad for Deanner Fox because he's now in the j R. Smith category.
Speaker 3: Oo yep, Final Hour on this Thursday. Right around the corner, Roger Bennett, one of our favorites men in Blazer's co host. He'll make us smarter going into the World Cup that starts today.