Speaker 1: Thirty boy, it's hot touchdown and a flag is down on the far side of the eleven yard line. So for the moment, Ronnie Bell gets into the end zone. First down and goal now from the eight yard line and a big hole and pulling his way is Matt Brida for a touchdown. Pressure deep, hot, Samuel hearts out.
Speaker 2: There. It is the big horn at the big Bell bottom. As a San Francisco forty nine ers take care of business on Thursday Night football. Let the Giants hang around a little bit, but ultimately never a game in doubt. Thirty to twelve final. San Francisco improves to three and zero on the season. The Giants fall to one and two. Dan Hans is here along with the great Mark Sessler and Mark we knew this was a big challenge for the Giants. Best of circumstances, it's not the best of circumstances. Saquon Barkley has a high ankle sprain. I thought it was an ordinary sprain. Mark, it's a high angel sprain. He confirmed it today on Amazon in an interview. So he's out this week and beyond that, and he takes Saquon out of the mix. And this was just a mismatch really from the start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it kind of is set apart for me a little bit with some of these Thursday night games where you kind of think you know what's gonna happen, and then because it's Thursday night, and they talked even tonight about the fact that, like you can't even really teach your scout team quickly enough what the other team might do. It's like it's just it's such a compacted practice and a lot of teams don't even have a physical practice.
Speaker 4: But still so that.
Speaker 3: Creates this weirdness and Thursday nights where like games go awry, they go a little strange.
Speaker 4: But what the more realistic scenario.
Speaker 3: Is, it's like you kind of lean on who you are, and I think we just saw these two teams for who they were tonight, and one of them is stripped of their best player. It's a running back, and so your backup Matt Brida comes in and rushes only four times for seventeen yards.
Speaker 4: The Giants, who I.
Speaker 3: Think, if anything, they needed to create disturbance and problems out of the gate. You don't get Darren Waller a catch until I think a minute to go for the half and the Niners.
Speaker 4: You know, just did what they did, like if anything win.
Speaker 3: I thought the plan was with Wink Martindale was to come out and throw everything at brock Purty and try to create chaos and mistakes, and they did. Like there's an interesting stat let me bring this up here. It's I saw from PFF that they blitzed the forty nine ers on eighty three percent of their snaps in the first half, which is the fourth highest rate of any game of the past five years.
Speaker 4: So there was a plan there.
Speaker 3: There was a concept of like we can still maybe take this young quarterback and throw them off. His game and party wasn't perfect, but it's like there's too much happening with his Niners offense.
Speaker 4: Brandon Ayuku is not in there.
Speaker 3: But it's like they found a way just to make enough big plays where I found it to be sort of a prosaic, not very memorable game.
Speaker 4: And to be honest with you, this happens to us when you're going to.
Speaker 3: Cover every one of these And the Niners sort of performed exactly to the standards that I would have expected on a lower octane night out at the ballpark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they were obviously the better team. We knew that, and but they it was almost like they didn't put the foot on the accelerator throughout the game because they knew they didn't need to for the most part. And Rock Party, like you said, he wasn't as accurate, and he kind of warmed up as the game went along, So he had no Brandon Ayuk. The connection with Debo is off early on, and yet they were able to. You know, when the passing game's not right, you have Christian McCaffrey there and McCaffrey in an otherwise I guess you could call it ho hum game. Another one hundred yards from scrimmage, eighty five rushing yards, yet another TD, which is pretty remarkable. I think he has a touchdown now in twelve consecutive games, which is just amazing. I mean, to have that level of consistency, it feels like we've I don't want to jinx the men. It feels like we're a long way away now from that cursed period of his career where you know he couldn't stay on the field. He's really become everything San Francisco could have could have wanted. And so when you have McCaffrey there and you have Debo there, who eventually warmed up and he had another great classic debo game. Deebo's one of my favorite players in the league. He's so fun to watch. He had seventy seven yards after catch in this game, and that was before he caught the long touchdown. That kind of was the exclamation point on this game, and it was also one of my favorite debo things. Mark I talked about it during our Fantasy Extravaganza. There's one bit of a devil's bargain with Deebo Samuel In fantasy, there will be a handful of moments. I don't mean just one or two. There's gonna be six or seven moments where you're watching a Niners game and Deebo goes down on the field and all of a sudden, they cut to commercial with the entire medical staff around him, and you're thinking to yourself, well, that's I gotta go to the waiver wire. This is crushing. My team's ever gonna be the same. He misses three plays and then he comes back and scores a touchdown. He's been doing this his whole career. It's one of my favorite things that about him is he's a showman when it comes to injuries.
Speaker 4: He really is.
Speaker 3: I thought of you tonight because you're one of the people that brought that up and kind of encapsulated it in a perfect way.
Speaker 4: Like he's been.
Speaker 3: Doing this like for for years, and like tonight I was I was watching this with a couple of kids, like with a friend or two, and it was just like, wait, Deebo does this all the time. He's like down the on the ground like arms spread.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, medical. So you're literally wondering, I mean, is he dead, Like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Will we ever see him again in this capacity or will they be wheeled out to old age events? And then like two plays later, he's like walking around like this with his like shoulder pads bouncing around. It's like he knows what he's doing. He's uh, I love him for this, Like I think he's enjoyable. And it's like, you know, I look at this team. It's like I think we both can say like we've seen.
Speaker 4: The Niners when they're operating at.
Speaker 3: A feverish pace and they're just like hand around the neck of the opponent and the opponent is dying slowly, like this was not that game, and it said they still had fourteen first downs to New York's five, and had the half two hundred and forty four yards by the break. One plays to twenty four twenty minutes of possession, seven of ten for third down, which is like a third down is a weird stat but like, when you're seven for ten, you're about as efficient as you can possibly be. And the Giants had twelve yards rushing, and then you're asking Daniel Jones, who we don't totally believe in, to save the day with a bunch of wide receivers we don't totally believe in, and Darren Waller's not involved. Earling, It's like you can just see it on Brian Daball's face. Man, he like, I love day Ball, but like he was so frustrated. And it's like their schedule has been tough. They've been in a tough spot to begin with, and this just exacerbated it.
Speaker 4: But the Niners have played.
Speaker 3: Like a a gentleman's sea game and dominated statistically in the first half against another NFL team.
Speaker 2: I think he tells you a lot about both teams, and even with saquon, the Giants are a tier or even two beneath the San Francisco who they're so good mark that, like when you see that they drafted Jake Moody, which was a total the type of draft pick of team makes when they are so full of themselves about their roster. We'll go take on day two, We'll go grab a kicker because that's the only real glaring hole we have left. Even though the previous kicker, Robbie Gould, was one of the best veterans in the league. And now that guy has started nine for nine Moody as a rookie, so he's not Roberto Oguyo. And you know, it's almost like they have a big time player at almost every position, certainly the glamour positions. And I andnderstand Purdy were not ready to put him in the Hall of Fame, but he's a very, very good fit for this offense. But they have a superstar left tackle. They have at least one superstar wide receiver and maybe two. They have the best all round running back in the league. They have one of the best edge rushers in the league. They have one of the best linebackers in the league and Fred Warner. They have big they have depth in the secondary. They have everything that you could want on a team, and anything short of a super Bowl this season is considered failure for this organization, which there's pressure there. So I think games like this when they don't even seem to be playing that well and they still take care of business, that's what really good teams do, and kind of swing it back to the Giants because you've mentioned his name twice, Mark, I am not into this Darren Waller situation with the Giants. I like that Kirk Herbstreet was kind of calling Waller out. I don't think Waller's effort level was where it needed to be near the end of his Raiders time really maybe coincidentally when he got a huge contract and Herbstreet all but called the guy out for not trying hard in this game. And it is a bad sign when Darren Waller is not coming down with contested catches. When the Giants one of their biggest glaring deficiency is they don't have a true number one wide receiver, and that's something I think you're gonna see them address aggressively in the upcoming offseason, whether it's going after a guy like T Higgins or through the draft they because that is a big hole in this roster. Ostensibly, Darren Waller Mark was supposed to be this guy that filled that hole and was a red zone monster. I'm just not seeing it through three weeks, and I don't know, like Herbstreet, if this guy is really giving everything he can to this offense when they need him so badly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that criticism.
Speaker 3: I kind of liked that from an announcer to begin with, a lot of these guys shy away from that. You're down your number one running back, your best player on offense, like you said, you don't You've got some you got Jalen Hie, you got some young interesting guys in wide out. But this should have been the Darren Waller game. Now, I don't think that would have made the entire difference had he even played one of his better games against this team. But like it's a combination of like the Giants not finding a way to get on the ball early, and that could be a Daniel Jones thing. Like I said, you didn't have a catch till right before half. You can question the effort. It's hard for me to gauge that, like as a viewer necessarily, but I would say that like the plan for him seems not totally on point on any level, and like the Giants.
Speaker 2: Just looks so different than the guy in the Raiders three or four years ago. Now, yeah, and the guy we've seen remember to get you knew that. The one thing it was a good trade at the time, but the one thing that smelled funny was why do how do the Raiders make him? I think he might have been the highest paid tight end in the league when they gave him the contractor close to it, and then one year later dump him for a Day two pick, and like, you just wonder if there's more to it, and they did. There was a shot to Brian Dable after the ball that kramed off his hands for the interception that kind of was the end to end of the game where you could tell Dables' faces like come on, bro, yeah, you got to help me out here. And so it's this. They didn't lose because of Darren Waller tonight, but I think they have an issue like it. Daniel Jones is not maybe a star, but I don't know if he has, especially with that barklay. There a lot at his disposal to really put together consistent production week after week, not let him off the hook. But unless you know people are higher on Waller, I get it. Then it's there when Barkley comes back. But I think there are a couple of guys away on that offense.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, and I think like you have your Graybeard's roster that you create the final like elderly unsigned, previously star free agents, and I think there should be another roster where it's like Kenny Pickett would be the quarterback, Darren Waller would be the tight end. Where it's like we spend a month plus or two or three months hearing about how glowing you know it was Michael, it was Robinson, Alan Robinson a year ago, like these guys that get the five or six weeks of like insane beat writer praise in print and inc. And then the season happens and it's like, wait, Kenny Pickett doesn't look good and Darren Waller is not fitting in so well in this offense, and it's Mark, are.
Speaker 2: You pitching a really good Wednesday podcast segment right now? Maybe stand pin in it. I know what you're saying, though, got hype bunnies from the summer who now are getting you know, we're heading into week three. We got to start to see some of that anything else kind of jump out to you. I'll throw a couple of things out there. You mentioned third down efficiency. I love that stat because it tells you a lot. I think about both the offense and the opposing defense. Gents could not get off the field on this game. Maybe it's a different game if they do get off the field. A couple times in this game. I mentioned that I think a lack of a wide receiver one is glaring. They have a bright spot on that defense. And Mike McFadden, who was all over the field in this game and had a great in addition to every time they needed a you know, a big hit, he seemed to be there. He knocked away a touchdown to Christian McCaffrey, which means, you know, he's in coverage down field swatting a ball out of McCaffrey's hands, and nobody does that. So they have a player in McFadden. So it wasn't all bad for the Giants, and in general, Mark like based on when you look at their first three weeks, it's been a little topsy turvy. But they hung in this game for about three quarters and you could give them a little bit of credit for that, even if the Niners maybe didn't perform at their typical levels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean so, like compared to the last two games where the Giants did this like multiple personality scenario situation last week against Arizona, They're outscored sixty three to six in the first half this season through tonight. That's messy, and but they were not a disaster out of the gate. I think we're seeing a more stabilized version. But the stabilized version is going to win about six or seven games the team that I'm seeing right now. So I think if you're a Giants fin, you're disappointed because like you'd like to build off of what happened last year, and you'd like to have all the people that giggled at you saying like, well we were wrong, like they actually were that team and they can consistently build off of that. I don't love the idea that someone like Adore Jackson gets hurt tonight. It's like they're losing their best players and they and they're in the player that's paid the most, Daniel Jones.
Speaker 4: Is half baked. It's like, uh, I want to ask you this.
Speaker 3: Because I went and looked at Nick Schuk is doing QB Index doing a great job. I read the whole thing two weeks in a row, and like he's a great writer and like he's got a good eye for this.
Speaker 4: But like he is Party at number eight in his list.
Speaker 3: That's a that's before tonight, But that, like that is intriguing to me. I think that's like I kept trying to inflate him last year and it was like people are killing me, but it was like I just liked, I like what I see from Party. But like Daniel Jones down at number twenty one, and like I don't have a problem with that either, Like it's like that's who he is.
Speaker 4: Like they they paid the guy they had and there was no other options.
Speaker 3: But like Daniel Jones outside of the two quarters against the Cardinals is not getting done this year and it's like he's not their answer next year.
Speaker 4: I like, you're stuck with him financially.
Speaker 2: But like, wow, you're down on him.
Speaker 3: Huh Well, so like I know, so I think number one is floor is high because he can run really well and like when you win everything around him, like last year it seemed like for the first time in his career and why I do. I do like the idea of him, Like everything around him kind of works. Saquon was healthy, Like how many injuries did they deal with in the years before? With Saquon and all the wide outs, It's like, finally they got it. Daniel Jones put it together. He had a couple of games where it's like, I mean, I don't like I like his arm, talent and all the other business, but it's like, this is just a guy that's going to be here until the next New York Giants quarterback, like two seasons from now, ur a year from now.
Speaker 4: It's like, what evidence do we have right now that he's their dude? Beyond like this.
Speaker 2: Year next I would say, uh, we disagree on this. I think he really did did take a big step forward last season, and this year has been I mean, it's it's really hard. The Cowboys game in Week one was what it was. It was, it was grim, They got blown out by a much better team, bad weather game. He was phenomenal in that comeback win over the Cardinals last week and you could say it's the Cardinals, but whatever, he was a big time in that game and this game, like I'm pointing to it I'm pointing to he's missing his best player. The offensive line didn't keep him clean, he didn't have a running game, Darren Waller can't do a damn thing, and they don't have like enough weapons for him to go to. So I just don't think he's the problem right now for the Giants. I think the schedule is a big problem for the Giants. I think starting with the Cowboys in Week one and then getting the Niners on a short week on the road in Week three is their biggest problem because they're not an elite team and they're gonna be exposed in these type of situations. That's that's where.
Speaker 3: I no, I hear you, and I'm not trying to be too like down on Daniel Jones, but I just think there's like if we've watched you and I have probably watched probably like four hundred quarterbacks in our lives, right Like there's these tiers, and like Daniel Jones to me is in the tier of like great athlete, great not maybe not great quarterback, but I see it as an athlete. I see like the physical specimen and what it can do. Everything needs to be right around him. I think we've watched quarterbacks where it's like you're watching like four apocalypses occur around them and they're somehow still surviving the storm.
Speaker 4: Like I just don't see him that way.
Speaker 3: Like it's not that I'm down on him, it's just like they got to manage him and deal with what they have, and like the pieces around him are not living up. They're hurt or they're not living up to the billion and it's like that'll put any quarterback in a tough situation. But like Daniel Jones isn't the first guy I trust to like save them, Like I mean, he'll go.
Speaker 4: He's spurts. He spurts.
Speaker 3: Like the second half against Arizona, which is the game I tracked last week in the office, was like, you see, this is the last year's Giants team. But then you lose Saquon and then suddenly everything else falls around a part of around on you, and the Giants are gonna win six or seven games. And it's not Brian Dables' fault. It's like he's not doing a lesser coaching job. I don't like the Dallas game, but like it's not a lesser coaching job. It's just like a lot of stuff a lot of crap is happening, a lot of nonsense and bs is unfolding around you left and right, fog a war, and you got to fight through it.
Speaker 2: I'll just say different types of players. But a lot of people felt that way about his predecessor as well. And now he's well, I would sell fame with two rings, So he's not what I guess what I'm saying Mark is like. There are quarterbacks that are high level, big times, you know, star quarterbacks that can lift a team up and take them higher if you just give him a nice setup. Then there are quarterbacks that are solid guys that like a Kirk Cousin tier Kirk Cousins tier, and I think Daniel Jones is in that tier where if you surround him with the right team, watch out, like that team could make some noise. Actually, if you get to the playoffs, I'll like a Joe Flacco who's that type of guy too. You put him with the right team, you get to January, and some magical things happen. Eli Manning another example. He could actually end up going on a running and look elite for a month and and and you know, flags fly forever. So I think That's where the giants probably see Jones. I don't think they see him as Patrick Mahomes, but they see him as a guy that like we could put him in here, and if we surround him with talent, he's gonna thrive it. That's where I'm at on him.
Speaker 3: I know I'm with you, and like I don't want to like I don't want to exit this uh and or not like I don't want to exit the conversation with me as like suddenly I'm anti Eli manning to like like I love Elion, like uh, you know, like I'm.
Speaker 4: A pro giant, I'm prone to be pro giants.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm a little surprised by how down down you are on mister Dimes right now.
Speaker 4: I just I don't. I just I feel like we've got a large enough.
Speaker 2: Tough spot to Markie. That's a tough spot for Danny.
Speaker 4: I like you whatever, It's fine. Well we'll see.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not desurbed. Like I don't determine his faith. He will determine his faith, so will fate.
Speaker 4: Fate will determine his faith.
Speaker 2: So well. Put you know who doesn't care about anything, including fate. This is another reoccurring theme that I forgot about. Al Michaels is in the Golden Years, and Al is now on Amazon, and he's like, I don't even know if Al knows what Amazon is. But Al's on Amazon and he's getting paid a lot of money to be the voice of Amazon. But Al at this stage and God bless him, and I hope I'm the same way. He suffers no fools and he does not care to tow any company line. So with that said, I want to show my favorite moment from the broadcast where they came back from break and as they'd been doing all night. And Mark, we've talked about this when we covered the Super Bowl fifty. How long is that bus ride from the downtown San Francisco hotel we were at to get up to the Big Bell Bottom.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like I like I we celebrated a number of birthday is.
Speaker 2: On the right, so I think we changed time zones. Anyway, it's long. It's like an hour thereby San Jose and Al is sick of seeing the Golden Gate Bridge. He's sick of showing the seals you know on the on the Watchman call it the pier. Let's listen to Al keep it real, because he doesn't care if Amazon is happy about this or not.
Speaker 1: I mean, San Francisco, it's beautiful. We got somebody's seen it.
Speaker 2: Now. We'd like to bring aeriels from nearby here.
Speaker 1: But what are we supposed to do the salt evaporator flash Shantos Airport?
Speaker 2: Now, where was the stick here from that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: I know you, yeah right?
Speaker 2: How far was candlestick from from here?
Speaker 1: Forty miles San Francisco?
Speaker 2: Yeah right? The producers in his ear like, Al, come on, man, oh my god, what did he say? What did he say was up there? What are we supposed to get aerial shots of? What did he say?
Speaker 4: Like the salt flats or something like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little a little world weary.
Speaker 2: I love Uncle Al. Yes, yeah. And also he doesn't have the he doesn't have the red the red hair anymore. I like, he's just he's going all the way in and this is who I am, this is where I'm at, and God bless him. Anything else from the game. We have a couple of NFL news things to hit before we say goodbye, But anything else from the game, mark No, I think we.
Speaker 3: Can I think we're I think we've said as much as it's needed to be said about that contest that I quickly forget.
Speaker 4: It evaporates from the mental mind.
Speaker 2: And the Giants host Seattle next week, and then their schedule is really brutal after that. So they need to find a way to get past Seattle and get back to two and two. And if they get to two and two, they're in good position. The Niners have a layup next week. Well, everybody thinks they have a layup against the Cardinals. So so far it's been more like backing down in the paint and then you know, muscling it up and getting it to go down eventually, but it's not a layup. But they get the cards next week and then mark Cowboys Niners on Sunday Night Football. Everybody stay healthy. Well that we were already past that point.
Speaker 4: I'm really surprised they put that in prime time. I don't know what they.
Speaker 2: Were because the Cowboys aren't going to be healthy when that game comes. They won't have everyone because star cornerback Trayvon Diggs suffered a torn acl in his left knee during Thursday's practice. He suffered the injury during a one on one period in practice, briefly spotted inside the team facility, according to ESPN's Todd Archer, on crutches before undergoing an MRI, which quickly revealed the tear just a huge loss for the Cowboys, mark they through two weeks. They they put it on both New York teams, the Giants and Jets had no answers for that defense. And Micah Parsons gets obviously much of the pub as the new lt But but Diggs, there's a reason he got a massive contract extension. He is kind of the heartbeat of that secondary and the playmaker that secondary, and moving on without him will not be easy.
Speaker 4: It's terrible loss. Like I feel like if you're the Cowboys, you're.
Speaker 3: In this arms race with teams like the Niners and the Eagles, where it's like you can't be the next team losing these star players, and it's like, but I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: This happens left and right.
Speaker 3: I think the one thing about him is like I think we understand he's not one of the greatest coverage guys of all time.
Speaker 4: He's hot and cold on his rankings for that.
Speaker 3: But ball hawk wise and what he does to infuse the defense and generate turnovers is wild.
Speaker 4: And they also lost Tyler but dazz their center.
Speaker 3: I believe I'm saying this last night, like he he had a hamsterring injury and it's.
Speaker 2: Like he'll be okay, though that doesn't seem like a serious issue.
Speaker 4: I hope. So, I mean, like that's like you, like you, just you.
Speaker 3: It feels almost like you're taking a silent bullet to the head when you're losing guys in practice. If you lose them in a game, and we all understand why, you know, he's in the keta battle, but like you're losing them in practice, it's just like.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's brutal, and you're happy that Diggs from a person standpoint, he got that payday before this injury happened, and that included forty two million and guaranteed money. Good for him that he got paid before this terrible setback, and he'll come back strong, I'm sure next year. But he had gotten off to a great start. According to next Gen stats, he had allowed just three catches for thirty one yards on eight targets as the nearest defender and coverage this year, quarterbacks had a pass rating less than ten on throws coming his way. He also forced the fumble, intercepted a pass, three pass breakups, six tackles. These are all that's a playmaker at cornerback, and you take him out of the mix, they are not going to be the same back there. They have Deron Bland who had a pick six, I believe in week one, So you're gonna he's probably gonna maybe slide over and be that guy, but you're gonna miss him. They're just they're not as good now without digs. And that's the brutal part of the sport, yep.
Speaker 3: And like I think the thing you believe in and them like even like no matter what, Like their offense is spicy, but like it's their defense that's like truly special and somehow carried over from last year to this year is like a top three, top four defense, And like you start taking these guys away and they can't do the same thing. Like when you lose your secondary, it's like your pass rush is affected. Everything's affected. So the Cowboys like they stay healthy. It's like we talked about it all day to day. It's like they could be that team that we're talking about for two weeks prior to the Super Bowl. You lose four or five guys and it's like someone else creeps in there.
Speaker 2: Tough one, tough one, all right. Circling back to the game. By the way, Mark, I know our front Keveon Thibodeau, he did, he has another tackle a he got a sack. It was a coverage sack early in the game. He did the robot after he got the coverage sack. That was it for Kvon in the game. So we're still waiting for Kavon to make a big impact for the Giants, the former first round pick. And I'm not saying I or we are rooting against Cavon, but the man spoke a pretty large game this summer and a little bit quiet tonight.
Speaker 4: I in general don't know why anyone.
Speaker 3: I think if you're on the Giants and you're a professional football player and you can get an idea of how the game is shaping up, the idea, the concept that you would spend a number of seconds or minutes doing the robot feels atypical with like the actual situation, Like let's get an idea where we are.
Speaker 4: This isn't all about you.
Speaker 3: We're not in a narcissistic landscape, like the team is struggling, you've had a tougherly start of the year, like the over celebratory robot thing.
Speaker 4: Uh, I don't know. I don't need it. I don't need it.
Speaker 2: Would you say a narcissistic landscape.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, well no, I mean look at look at like I.
Speaker 2: Think that's exactly where we are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would like I.
Speaker 3: Would aim to like repair our relationship with him, if that's even needed. I don't think he even remembers that he was with us. But it's like I'm not looking to inflame it or exacerbate it. But I would just say, like, hey, work, work with my sensibilities a little bit as an observer of the game, like you're you're walking around doing robotic things, like because the giants are down, like you know you're gonna get flamed.
Speaker 4: We know you're gonna give up thirty points, you got to tackle? Is this all about you? That's the narcissism, That's that's the landscape I'm discussing.
Speaker 2: Finally, the game that we watched today, Mark is a certain type of football game. It's it's the Swingers game. It's it's remember in Swingers when Nicki played by John Farvara. He he didn't have confidence. He's and he's a bear, but he just didn't know how to use the clause and he needed his buddies Sue and double Down Trent to help show him the ways. I thought about that today. Let's let's listen it.
Speaker 5: But you are like a big beer with claws, with fangs, teeth, man, fucking teeth on you. She's just like this little bunny who's just kind of countering in the corner shivery. Yeah, man, just kind of you know, you got these claws and you're steering at these claws, man, and you're thinking to yourself. With these claws, you're thinking about how am I supposed to kill this bunny and supposed to your funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not hurting it.
Speaker 5: You're just kind of gently batting the bunny around, you know what I mean. And the bunny scared, like the bunny scared of you, and you got yours and these fangs. Man, you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fans, and you're thinking to yourself, I don't know what to do, man, I don't know how to kill the bunny with this. You don't know how to kill the bunny, do you know what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, You're like a big bear.
Speaker 2: Man, You're like a big bear forty nine ers. Take the claws out and your big fangs and you just sink into that little bunny, which eventually they did. But that was the classic Swingers game, the big angry bear for some reason, just just batting around the bunny, Like what are we doing here, Let's just just kill the bunny and let's all move on with our life. The Swingers game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: And at the end of that film when they're in the diner and you know, he's just shouting, I would never eat here, and like uh like the you know, there's an incredible diatribe against many backpacks that were a big problem for us, you and I back in the day.
Speaker 4: The girls walking around with a mini backpacks. We don't have to deal with that now so much. That's good.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what you're talking about with the.
Speaker 3: Little well, no, like like they are, you know, like in the beginning of the film and he's going on is insane, like you know, he's on the phone in his apartment. That any like I would say in the late nineties early two thousand window, there was a period where like a lot of like city girls or girls in general were like walking around with like bedazzled like backpacks that were about like six inches by six inches.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what. I don't know what they were keeping in these backpacks.
Speaker 3: I don't know, nobody knows, but like, but it's like, but they were wearing them, and they're wearing them with dresses, and it's like, why are It's like eleven at night and you're walking around with a backpack. And so it's mentioned in the film, and I agreed with the point.
Speaker 4: I love the film for many reasons.
Speaker 2: So all right, the film is Swingers nineteen ninety six, a breakthrough in the indie movement of the nineties. So please check it out if you have. That's our film recommendation for the night coming up on the In the Around the NFL universe, we have a Thursday Around the NFL NFL Plus joint with Colleen Wolfe serving as the psychiatrist too tortured fans of around the NFL. That's fun. And then Sunday night, of course you have the preview the week three previews out there already, and then Sunday, we'll be back with the flagship show, and I think that's everything. Mark Niners roll in anything short of the Super Bowl in Vegas work failure. This team is locked and loaded. Let's see how far are they heat The call
Speaker 3: F