Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to Hot Takes and Hangouts. I am Tommy Didario and I am with the one and only TJ. Palmer. How are you, my man?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: We just had a great kick ass conversation. So if you haven't heard our full conversation, go to the episode before this and play that right after this very fun, rapid fire Hot Takes round. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go all over the place, all over it, all over all right, right, let's let's do it. Well, let's kick it off with what reality show would you want to be on next?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Traders?
Speaker 3: Dance with the Stars, a little reality show? Yeah, yeah, right, Dance with the Stars Traders.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can hear more about that in the full episode we get into it, you can. How far do you think Charlie's brother Zac will go this season?
Speaker 2: He's doing well. I think he'll make it to the end.
Speaker 3: It looks like him and Kita got a good thing going on, so hopefully they make it through.
Speaker 1: All right, what are your predictions for the Love Island finale?
Speaker 3: I think Melanie and Sincere are getting back together. I don't know if Casey and I are, but I definitely see Melanie and Sincere getting back together after Caso.
Speaker 2: You sound invested, Yeah, lo Gi, Yeah, yeah, you're in it. Yeah, I'm in it. I'm in it.
Speaker 3: I gotta go back watch last night's episode. Maybe something happened that would change my answer, but hopefully not.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we'll see who is your favorite couple or romance of the season.
Speaker 3: This year or my my year? This is both, Okay. I think Zach and Bryce obviously romance. Gotta say, gotta say Zach and Bryce my year, My year, the bromance I liked. I liked Austin and Jeremiah's bromance. They really had each other's backs in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think you bring up Zack and Bryce? Do you think they're playing it up for the cameras? Do you think it's all real?
Speaker 3: I don't. I know guys who do that stuff, you know, like I have close relationships with my guy friends too, you know, like.
Speaker 2: I think it's real.
Speaker 3: I would like to imagine, or i'd like to hope that they're not just you know, faking it. But you know, I mean, you're in there forever, so they're probably putting like some good clips together, right, you know, so I'm sure they don't do that all the time, right, is what I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To say, right, Right, do you think people in Love Island are true to themselves? Or do you think people do play it up for cameras because on some other reality shows you see it a little bit. But what do you think?
Speaker 3: I think I would say majority of people A majority of the time. It's hard to do that because it's you're in there for so long and you're being filmed twenty four to seven, so you can't be perfect twenty four hours a day, right, you know, seven days a week. If you're in there for three weeks, you know, like even one week is hard, three days is hard, one day is hard. So I would say no, But I think there's some people that like went in there with you know, let me see if I could, you know, get something out of this, you know, right, I would like to think.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, we're gonna go with that. I like it.
Speaker 1: OLiS is a fun one. What is Iris's biggest green flag?
Speaker 2: Green flag? She is the nicest person ever?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sweetest, like super caring, like if she just met you today and you talked about how you broke your finger last week, Like she would ask you next week, how's your finger?
Speaker 2: She'd remember that.
Speaker 3: And she's very intentional and cares a lot about people, animals. Yeah, her family, close ones, friends, everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you're like that too. You seem to have very similar values and morals and how you treat people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. She's uh, she's better than me though. Yeah, she's super sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Thanks, who's most likely to embarrass the other in public? You are iris me for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's sometimes like, don't say that, don't say I'm New York Italian, Like we say crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: We're loud, like I don't know. I always got told I was loud as hell, you know. But definitely me for sure, because.
Speaker 3: I'm just like who cares at the end of the day when we're on social media posting whatever, people saying things. You know, now we'll be in this room and not see everybody. I could say whatever and I won't see half these people again. You know, we're inner or something. And I said something too loud. Yeah, but yeah, definitely me over She's very like quiet sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm the loud Italian. She'll be like don't say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good balance.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: I'm the same way. I'm like, I'm Jersey Italian and we're maybe more unhinged than New York Italian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not really sure what.
Speaker 2: I spent a lot of time down there, so I'm probably just like yeah, yeah, yeah, you know how it can go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is the most chaotic thing you've done for a crush?
Speaker 2: Chaotic thing? Chaotic?
Speaker 3: These are one of the things I gotta think about. That's all right, We'll be an example of a chaotic thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like showing up to someone's house, you, you know, with thirty five hundred roses staple to your body.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, I this isn't chaotic.
Speaker 3: But after the show, I stayed in La I extended my trip to see Iris off the plane, and she had no idea, Like you surprised, Yeah, Like, I just stayed. I wanted to see if she'd get back and want to talk to me. So I was like, all right, let me extend three more days. What's what's three more days? And uh yeah, not super chaotic, but.
Speaker 1: That's like a big rom com grand gesture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was sleeping on Austin Charlie's couch just wait extra days like okay, yeah, and you had no idea how it would go, no idea because I didn't you know. I didn't speak to her until she got her phone back, so she was like she got her phone back, she was probably already on the plane.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then when she landed, we spoke and I was like, okay, she she wants to speak.
Speaker 3: She wanted to tell me everything that happened in there, let me know that, you know, what we had was real and she wasn't just faking it or like or not. She wanted to see if everything she heard about me was was true you know, or you know, true fake whatever. Right.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that's taking a risk, Yeah it is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you always been like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so. Yeah. Like I'm like, I don't know, I'm not like the risk taker.
Speaker 3: But like my mom always says that I would watch my younger brother do something ten times and then I would do it. So I'm a little more sketched out, like a little more like let me think about this first and then I'll do.
Speaker 1: Something, but not when it came Yeah, like I got one shot, let's go, Yeah, this is it, let's go, even knowing it could have gone either way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you just got to find out, like I would have hated to leave and not you know, find out for myself like what's the what's the deal?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Was she?
Speaker 1: Was she cool with you doing that? Like did she find that romantic?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean she she was like she was telling everybody like I need to speak to Tej, Like I want to speak to Tej Like that's and it was like the first thing she did. She landed and we spoke a few hours later. So I'm locking this down. Yeah, yeah, good for you.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Do you have any random skills or hidden talents?
Speaker 3: I could draw really well? Oh yeah yeah. I could do a lot of things like decently. Like I'm not like insanely good at it, but yeah drawing.
Speaker 2: I could draw. I could skinboard really well. Nice. Yeah I love skinboarding. Nice. That's my thing.
Speaker 1: And drawing is good for you with going into the if you're designing dorms or homes or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know. I think I have a little artistic yeah thing, little I Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What was your favorite and least favorite part of love Island.
Speaker 2: Favorite part was off camera. We had so much fun. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was just because I didn't have my phone for five weeks, but like, I had a lot of fun. Everyone was so funny, Like we just had a good time. And I think, what was the second.
Speaker 2: Question, what's the worst part your least favorite?
Speaker 3: Least favorite was probably knowing, like, hey, this conversations on camera now, so now you're in your head like off.
Speaker 2: Camera so much fun, like you say whatever.
Speaker 3: Now it's like, oh shit, I'm on camera, Like, oh my god, do I have to act a certain way?
Speaker 2: Do I have to do something right now? Do they like me? Do they don't?
Speaker 1: Do they not?
Speaker 2: You know? So it was given a take, But yeah, I had a freaking amazing experience. I really did.
Speaker 1: What is your go to karaoke song?
Speaker 2: Maybe mister Bright's, what's the one by Justin Bieber? Oh, I don't know. Is it Beauty to Beat?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do like Beauty to Beat Baby? I guess that's a classic.
Speaker 3: Yep, Justin Bieber though, that's like, what's all that matters to me is a.
Speaker 2: Really good song. I was listening into the car right over here, I'd.
Speaker 3: Say, baby, Beauty and the beat anything justin Bieber fan, especially after coach beeps.
Speaker 1: You approve that of performance controversy.
Speaker 2: He killed it, he loved it, killed it. I loved it all right, great first time seeing him too. Yeah, great job.
Speaker 1: Just maybe a collapse comes, I could, I could try yea man to me.
Speaker 2: There we go? Maybe not?
Speaker 1: Okay? What is your love Island? Hot take?
Speaker 2: Hot take? There's more to what you see? Mm hm. That was all right. That was a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah that you like that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we'll go with.
Speaker 1: That, okay, especially literally because there's so much on the cutting room floor that we don't see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yeah, there's a lot.
Speaker 1: There's a lot. Okay, Steph, you had a question, right, producer Steph has a question for us, and I don't go.
Speaker 2: You know what this is, but let's see hit me all right.
Speaker 4: So as you guys are go Summer Boys favor Ooh.
Speaker 2: You want to go first or me? You can go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say Janks because I really like Janks because it's on the beach. I like that vibe and I and I've never been to Parker House, so that's a lot of people's favorites. I know, Gia. I think she said Parker House too, So that's so crowded though I've never been, so I can't tell you.
Speaker 2: I don't know what would you say.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with a little more divy, a little more unexpected. I'm gonna go with the Crabs Claw really.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love the Crabs because I love like rolling off the beach, especially in my like my prime Jersey shore days. Yes, I loved rolling off the beach and like a tank top and board shorts and like sitting at the bar and getting my drink with like some coconut shrimp, just getting smashed at the top.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think all that.
Speaker 3: You like this the Crabs claw soup, Yeah, the best thing I ever had. I get it every time, every single time.
Speaker 1: Such a The people are interesting, it's a very random mix.
Speaker 2: It's it's dark, I don't know sometimes.
Speaker 3: The live music, yeah, the live band, they know what they're doing on my dance floor dancing to the live band.
Speaker 2: We gotta get over there Crabs club this summer.
Speaker 1: That's right, I'll be there, you know where. I'll be in the corner at the Grabs CLA.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the question, Stuff, Thanks Stuff and TJ. Thank you again for hanging out you guys again. The full episode is the one prior to this. We hope you enjoyed some hot takes and until we meet at the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crabs close. Thank you, brother, thank you, thanks for having me.