Speaker 1: The worst team your draft money could buy. Let's talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It's be Joey p Joe Pisapia, That of course is the Welsh and it's you and today it's the All Bus team. That's right. The guys who are not going to have the best seasons, make no mistake about it. Some of these guys were saying that you might want to steer clear from and we're gonna give our reasons, as we always do. We don't blindly just throw out takes here at Fantasy Pros MLB. No, no, no, we're gonna back them all up here and Welsh, I know, we have a very exciting event coming up. We have a star studded, huge event coming up on Tuesday, six pm Eastern to ten pm Eastern, four straight hours of our Fantasyfest over at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB. So if you haven't already, make sure you subscribe to that YouTube channel everybody, so you get the notification of when the fest begins. Again. This is our MLB channel, not our regular Fantasy Pros channel. We're special here Welsh. We've got four hours. We're gonna do sleepers, cross breakouts, We're gonna do a mock draft. We're gonna talk prospects. We got Eric Cross, Frank Stanfeld, Nick Pollock, Derek Van Riper, Dalton dell Don, we got the Welsh, we got Bogman, we got everybody. Are you excited because I'm excited?
Speaker 2: Is it like a festivus? Is this a festivus or a festival Festivus.
Speaker 1: For the rest of us, You're gonna make airing of the grievances, perhaps the feet of strength. Okay, I cannot tell you if it's gonna happen or not, but I think there's a good chance.
Speaker 2: I think we should rebrand it as the Fantasy Pros Festivus, and then we could You could literally have one hour that's, you know, airing of the grievances. Me and Paul can get back into that whole player versus owner's thing again. And uh, I like the whole I like the festivus I did. No, I'm excited. I won't be there the whole time, but Bogmin and I are gonna be joining to do some mock drafting. Joey's gonna be holding it down in a very very good way to get everybody prepped for the fantasy baseball season, because it is weird. I got to tell you, like, we're in like week one of spring training, which I spent a lot of last week, but we're already in what theoretically this past weekend would have probably been the number one draft weekend in a normal year for fantasy baseball. That's most likely probably this coming weekend or the next weekend. So I feel like you still feel like a little bit thrown off on some of the stuff that you're doing. I just did taut you know, you're just starting to get into the drafts. But I will say that everybody should be pretty stoked, and hopefully everybody tunes in on Tuesday, gonna be lots of very very cool stuff, And I'm excited to see everybody's happy faces and getting excited about baseball.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's the thing. It's gonna be a high fest, is going to be an information fest. It's going to be a fun fest. Maybe I should start the entire festival off with I got a lot of problems with you people, just like mister Costanza did with Georgiat dinner, but you know we should invent a holiday. Well, she and I are very prolific as like to ex fact that one was just on this weekend too, so fresh in my mind that you called it at Festivus. It literally was watching it on Saturday morning and having breakfast to that episode of Seinfeld. It's a classic. I love it. Also, don't forget we've got our MLB Draftkit at Fantasypros dot com slash kit, so you could dominate your draft with our free MLB Draft kick at fantasypros dot com slash Kit. It's a loader with consensus rankings, projections, got the salary cap values in there, so we've got salarycap draft going on. You can print out the sheet sheets in there. They got the sleepers, the bus, the draft strategy and more and it's all for you for free. That's right at fantasypros dot com slash Kit. So get that. And also to piggyback what we're doing today because we're picking our all bust team. We're gonna have a catcher, first base, second base, their base shorts slop, one outfielder, two pitchers, and a reliever. We also have our consensus bust featured pros out there, so we like to we'd like to cast a wide net, don't we Welsh to the rest of the fantasy baseball public get their thoughts as well, so you can keep an eye out for that at fantasypros dot com too. That's the consensus bust article goal that should be out there, probably somewhere around the same time that this podcast drops. So Welsh, I know you're not one for negativity, So does this hurt your soul? Never to mention these busts players here.
Speaker 2: You know, all joking aside to you say that that I can jump into the negativity range. Ironically, I'm not the biggest like sleeper bust like the podcast, but not the biggest sleeper bus type of guy because at the end of the day, a lot of it becomes relative to me. And I know that's a lot of people will not go in this range where it's like it is pure player takes. There's a lot and you know what, a lot of successful people like that, but it is player take the player take where I will sit in a space where I think value can be very important and you're talking about tears like everybody will, you know, shoe off a player forever, but then push comes to shove and a draft you your positionless in that one spot. This guy has falling thirty picks, and all of a sudden you find yourself drafting him. That a lot of the times, the whole idea of like sleepers and bus and stuff like that are relative to value, and like I will look at guys being like, well, you know this guy, and I've got a couple of those. Today we're going to talk about where you know this guy over here. I don't necessarily think he's a bust from a it's kind of like our PV from a relative like where you're going to draft them, to what production you can get later that's kind of busti ish, to what investment you're gonna make. But I don't tend to have like I hate this guy, this guy is going to bomb out, blah blah blah. I'm a little bit more neutral when it comes to these type of things. But I did pick out and I do have a whole set of guys for my all bust team today.
Speaker 1: I agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying in the sentiment behind it, because I feel the same way, which is probably I think what you're saying is every player has their place. It's just whether or not I want to pay that cost for them, and what's the return on that investment. I mean, we've talked about a lot of players here for different reasons, of different controversies surrounding them, but it's all about, well, what's the risk reward and what kind of investment do I have to make in that player? And I think for me, that's how I approach this list. It was trying to look at where I just felt uncomfortable for a myriad of reasons about certain players at certain ADPs that I felt like I just can't wrap my mind around this particular guy.
Speaker 2: And I think, like that's like a majority of what mine is here. But there are instances, like the true bus would be the situations where you look at a guy and you're like, let's just for I don't have him on this list, but let's just arguments. They say, Robbie Ray, you know, Robbie Ray absolute breakout last year, huge, huge breakout, became a top ten you know, overall starting pitcher from obscurity to probably barely even being drafted. There could be an instance if you were the person that didn't like Robbie Ray this year and you thought what last year was was a fluke and it was just a one year wonder. He's also going to a completely new team, a new destination that that could be a situation where you move beyond just bus where you're just like, well, listen, this guy not only is like a top forty overall player, I think he's going to go back to where he is and he's you know, there is no value to drafting him. And I know some people get like that, but I think you and I are kind of in that same place. And I like how you said it, like there's a place for everybody in their draft and that kind of can dictate the sleeper and.
Speaker 1: Bust idea agreed. All right, so let's talk about the all bust team. And you know, I know last year there were a couple of players that I picked his bus that turned out pretty good, but there were a few bus that I was spot on. So I'm going to try to go perfect here.
Speaker 2: Do you remember what you had last year? Was there, like, did you have a really good fun of them?
Speaker 1: I was wrong about And I will take my l and I will take my medicine I was uncomfortable with Randy rose Arena. I didn't have enough of a sample size.
Speaker 2: You know what. I remember that he was going and I was.
Speaker 1: And I was very steadfast about it. I thought, this guy, you got to take him. He'd better be that dude. And you know what, he was that dude. So I give everybody who drafted him there a lot of credit. I was just uncomfortable there because it was that glorious postseason in a weird twenty twenty season. I just I did not feel comfortable in twenty twenty one just making a big investment in him. And that's fine, Like he was not a bust and you know what, I didn't have any shares? Should I have? Yeah, And it's okay. You know. There's one thing to in this industry that I hate is like no analyst ever refuses to admit I feel like when they're wrong because their egos sometimes maybe too fragile. I don't know what it is, But if we don't admit we're wrong, how can we learn from those mistakes? And even going back into the track record, I dug deep into his cardinal days in the minor league system there and I was looking like he's a nice player. It seems like it's sustainable. But it's the Ray's offense. What are they going to do? You know? And they made additions, you know, Wander Franco and Nelson Cruz in that offense I think helped a Rose raina quite a bit in the second half of last year. So you could also point to those things that were not there in the beginning of twenty twenty one when I was not happy about him. Had he had more line of protection at the beginning of the year, maybe I would have felt differently about it too. But again, this is all the circumstances, and Welsh said, we're here at the end of March trying to make this work. So let's start at the catcher position here in the backstop. Who is your guy that you think is going to be a bus based on your ADP investment.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I avoided doing the thing that I wanted to do. That just says that sounds like you at home. Yeah, Hey, yeah, I avoided.
Speaker 1: Doing the thing I wanted to do because I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Allowed to do so I didn't want to get yelled at. Yeah, exactly right. The thing I want to say is I'm just not going to invest in catchers early. So any early catcher feels very bust ish. You could argue Salvador Perez having to repeat is quite uh, you know, it's quite a jump. Now. The thing that it also both levels of playing field though, is with the DH, you're gonna get a lot of catchers that are going to be popping out at DH. Will Smith would be a prime example of a guy that I think is going to DH. More so in the past, my baseline has been any catcher inside the top one hundred I don't like. So I'm going to say that and take the last guys I do think things are different. They think Will Smith can live that range. I think JJ Romuto can live that range. Obviously Salve can live that range. Those are the only three though, So the prime person I'm going to start to look at is who is that next crew, whether they're right at one hundred or right near one hundred that you're going to have to pay for. And the bust has to do more with the value of what you're paying. So I picked Yasmani Grandal really bad batting average. One of the interesting things about Yasmani Grandal too is. If you look at the guys ahead of him, you've got all high batting average players that have got some power. Salvi, Ramuto, will Smith. These are all high batting average players good power. Middle isia of the lineup where Yasmani is not a good average type of guy. He is not a great guy. Bat X projections have him at two point thirty two this season. Now, they are very favorable in the twenty five homer mark, but you know, you could get Mike Zanino for a little bit less batting average the same projected homers two hundred picks later. There's also just better batting average bets you can have later. Dalton Varshow is one of the few catchers I worrely want to invest in, and he's cheaper than Yasmani. So it's not so much that Yasmani grandal is not going to pay off. It's just paying somewhere between one hundred and call it one p thirty, somewhere in that range for a two thirty hitter at catcher when there is serviceable replacements way way lower. Tyler Stevenson, Dalton Varshow, you want to go even later, Go get a Max Stacy go get a Sean Murphy do something like that. I don't like the cost and I don't think it makes sense. There's a lot of good pictures there. There's some closers, incredible outfielders. So I'm going to go based on cost Y'asmani Grendel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for me, it's Kybert Ruiz, and not because I don't like the player or the potential, because I do.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The kid crushed a triple a in two different spots last year when he got traded from the Dodgers over to the Nationals. Certainly a guy can hit for high average. He's got some pop in the bat, There's no doubt about that. I always struggle Welsh, and I learned this lesson in my youth with Matt UIs, which is you can like a young, offensive minded catcher all you want, but their job is not to care about your fantasy team. Their job is to learn the pictures on your staff and manage all that stuff, and oftentimes they get so wrapped up in that the offense ends up kind of falling behind a little bit. You know.
Speaker 2: It's interesting, Sorry about that's concerned. For me, that was Carson Kelly's path. If people remember Carson Kelly was with the Cardinals er he was an offensive catcher, and he really was kind of behind the eight ball as far as who he was defensively, and he ended up spending two years hyper focused defensively and lost that bat and then was able to kind of turn it back around, not to a big degree, but it did set him back. The only difference with Kybert that's interesting is this has been like a high three hundred hitter in the minor league who then the last couple of years adjusted to start hitting for power. I'm a little torn on him. I don't know either way. Like what I like is it's not a crazy cost but it's still like a top ten cost a catcher, and I think it's top two hundred overall.
Speaker 1: Seven he's seven catchers, Yeah, I don't know, seven overall. In the expert consensus rankings on Fantasy Pros, he's won seventy five overall and he's going the same place as Tyler Stevenson, Mitch Garver, Gary Sanchez, Travis Darnault. Like, I just don't see a whole lot of separation there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally, there's a big.
Speaker 1: Drop off between our show and Contreras is about fifty picks until you get to Ruiz. But I just feel like people will look at that and say, oh, I'll just take Ruiz later because he's got this upside. But really, you know, once you get over there, they're all kind of the same, and there's a downside to the young catcher. The downside is is he calling the right game, is he, you know, getting the feel for the pitching staff and all the other relief pitchers. He's got to manage you and understand, there's just a lot for a young catcher, especially you know, early in his career, to take on and sometimes you just don't see that bat come right away. And you're right, he was always a good contact guy. The power's come a little later. But he's only twenty three years old this year, so you know, we could say, well, he's just growing into the power. That's fair. But it's just not a player that I'm probably gonna take because I think there's just more risks than people realize. So let's go to first base here. Who is a player at first base that's going to make your all bust team Welsh?
Speaker 2: All right? So this one is in the same vein again, a lot of these are going to be in the same vein as I was kind of looking through these again. You know you look, you talk about relative value, and you're just like, I don't know, you know, I I like these top guys obviously if I can get vlad or Freeman or Olson, and then if I miss out, and I'm usually going to kind of wait towards the back end. I have a heavy target on a guy like let's say Joey Vado or CJ. Crohn. But there's a guy that's going ahead of them that just kind of jumps out to me, and he's right at the cusp of top one hundred, and it's Ryan Mountcastle. Who I'm gonna put is my bust here. There's a couple of reasons. You also have the fences being moved back a little bit, which helps a guy like John Means does not necessarily help any of these guys. If you chop off and lop off a little bit of that power, you know, there's some of that upside. But here's the next big thing with him, you know, contact to power with the Orioles. I mean, it's a decent it was a decent park to hit in. It's a tough division, I think overall, especially pitching wise, and this is a young bat, but look at the guys that are going below him on the consensus ranks as far as Fantasy pros go. You have Rehee Hoskins, Joey Vado, even Jake crona Worth, Josh Bell down there. And I'm sorting it by first base, but a lot of times you are going to see c. J. Kron going pretty and Jared Walsh going below Ryan Mountcastle. So for to reach for a guy where they also just moved the ballpark parameters a little bit back that could suppress a little bit power, not a whole lot of help, tough division, all of those things to pay up for him, and passing on guys like are waiting on guys like Joey Vado or CJ. Kron It doesn't make sense to me. So based on that value, I think we're gonna look back and go, man, can you believe we took Mountcastle and we passed on Max Munsey because of the injury, or we passed on CJ. Crohn in Colorado? So I'll take Ryan Mountcastle.
Speaker 1: You could basically copy and paste your argument for my guy and Maltcastle was one that I had circled to potentially to name, and I'm glad you name him because I feel exactly the same way as DJ Lemayhew, who is, yeah, I know, very tantalizing because he qualifies the different positions. I'm not exactly sure where the confidence level is for the Yankees too, when they brought an Ikfair two. I don't know if it's a matter of well, if G. Labor Torres starts to hit again and le Maayhew doesn't, does le Mayhew lose playing time? I don't know. I think there's a lot there, and the guys you mentioned there, Vadal Walsh, Reese Hoskins, CJ. Cron all going after them. Because right now Mountcastle's at one to eleven overall, the twelfth first basement off the board. Kyle Schwarber is the thirteenth at won twelve. That's no brain. I take Schwarber over Mont Castle a no brainer, and I take him over DJ Lemayhew every time. So for me, it's just if there's a guy in that range I like at Schwarber, and then after that range, I'd rather just wait another ten to thirty picks and get one of those other guys, because I feel like it's just not going to be that much of a difference. There's no there's no relative position value advantage by reaching for Mountcastle, by reaching for le Mayhew, despite the fact that he's got obviously position flexibility, which I was huge and everybody loves that. But last year was a really Last year was a year that looked a lot more like DJ Lemayhew that we knew before he got to New York and had that crazy season out of nowhere. We had twenty six home runs and drove in one hundred runs and scored one hundred runs. You know, I understand he was good in the short sample, but last year, after twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, he came back to Earth and looked a lot more like the dude we saw in Colorado all those years.
Speaker 2: You know, It's funny. If you want position flexibility with decent bats, you go get Jake Cronaworth and Typhrance. Those are the new DJ Lemayhew's here. This is a nice park. But earlier in the season we were taking a look over and in this league at DJ lem Mayhew on the bat x as Derek Carty's projection system. Projections are on everything, but over fangrafts you can check out lots of different ones atc Ario. Who you've had on is a good aggregate I like to follow. I think the bad X does a really good job on hitters. And we were looking at also comparing a lot of the different projections, and at that time the bad X had dj lem Mayhew projected at ten homers. Well, with all the new moves, they've now moved down in one hundred and twenty nine games just over five hundred at bats, the bad X projects dj Lemayhew at nine homers and two stolen bases with the two seventy something batting average. That's not in that range.
Speaker 1: I mean, love the other guys who can get thirty bombs in that range. It's death.
Speaker 2: You literally could close your eyes and pick any other first basement and get better production. I think you could. I understand why you could buy on the bounce back, but I wouldn't. I would rather go France qualifies at first as a crona worth I would rather the vodos. I agree. If if dj Lemayhew is still going top fifty, I think this is a no brainer.
Speaker 1: In the bus category, all right, who's your starting second baseman for the All Bus team, mister Welsh.
Speaker 2: All right? So I have loved this guy. And that's the caveat to the bus here, because I go through the second basement and it's like, who can you not like with these players? But I'm gonna give you the reason, and it has to do with what this team is doing offensively, and I'm gonna go with Jonathan India. And I hate hate going with Jonathan India because I really do like him. I've targeted him very early on in drafts Rookie of the Year. But this team is selling off protecting. They got rid of Jesse Winker, who I think was a key cog to really a table seter, great batting, average guy. You could argue about Johannio Suarez. Yes, they've still got Joey Vado for now. I couldn't. I don't think I could rattle off the off the outfield off the top of my head if you made me instantly do it. Outside of like Nick Sinzel and tyler Naquins. There's two of them, and Senzel I could name, Yeah, I know, I'm maybe Aristidi is Akino. I can't even think of it. Right now. But the point is, let's go is this is kind of this is one of the poor, poor supporting casts for a high dollar guy Jonathan India does not come cheap. He comes inside of the top seventy five. I think he's s eighty one overall on the Fantasy pros consensus rankers right now. A top one hundred costs for a guy that has no supporting cast, I think is a little bit tough. And again you come back to the guys that are coming later. Ty France, I think is a cheaper option. Crona Worth also qualifies there. Max Munsey is someone who I'm really really trying to invest in because peop are still a little bit scared off. This really just has to do with the supporting cast of what you're gonna get from a return basis. Could you still get twenty from India? Sure? Who's around him? Is that truly going to dictate maybe his power or his batting average? No, not necessarily, but it can dictate his run support, and it can dictate the guys that are on base for RBI, and maybe he starts getting attacked a little bit more offensively by pitchers. So I'm a little bit worried about the high cost. I've seen him go as high as like the sixties and stuff, so I think based on cost, I'm gonna pick Jonathan India. But that one it hurts a little bit.
Speaker 1: I hate hate it as well, just the way you did, because I like India Alat as a player. But you make a really good point. Some of the other names out there, just so you know, Showgawakayama still around, Jake Braley, Tyler Naquin, Nixon, Zell, Jake Bowers, Albert elmra arist Deazakino, your boy, Al Farmer, Kyle Farmer shortstop right now, Donovan Solano, Estrubo Cabreer. Yeah, I mean, you're right, it's not a good lineup. You gotta hope that Mike Mustakas I guess at some point him and Joey Vado is like about it.
Speaker 2: But you know, another great point, another one I would have thrown in here and almost did, was like Katell. You know, Katl Marte is in that range with Diamondbacks or worse at this point. The only difference with Katel is that no doubt he's going to get traded during the season. Diamondbacks got to move off of him, and if he gets traded to you know, any really good team, a team like the Yankees or something like that, then you're going to be exponentially better. But kaateel is I mean, the hard hit is through the roof, if he can really start going. He's a high, high contact guy. He doesn't steal though, which kind of sucks. But both of those guys costs a high dollar. But there is zero point zero chance that Jonathan India gets moved to another team. Katell definitely will during season. So I'm just the cost that you got to pay at second base when there's a decent amount of good options. Josel Twove just drops like crazy. I think based on that, I can dictate him from a draft perspective as a bus and I gotta say, as a preamble here I probably would have picked had you not.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll pick I'll I'll pick it for you. How's that? Jazz Chisholm, who going one pick ahead. Basically in terms of what number he is, he's a second basement number eleven. India is twelve. He's going at pick number eighty nine. India is going at ninety eight, So a few picks in between them, but you know, Jazzchism for me, once again, he's being drafted because you know, he's a guy that steals bases. I understand he was hitting at the top of the order this weekend. I get that. I know if people get really jazzed about that, and no pun intended, but they do, and they should. But there's also a huge downside. And I'm looking at second base and I'm looking at after that. There's guys like Tommy Edmond. There's cronin Worth, who's gonna play a whole lot more with Tattise Hurt. As you said, there's Ty Francis, Chris Taylor. I love Brandon Rodgers late. I mean he's going at pick one point eighty, so almost one hundred picks after Jazz Chishlm. There's a player that I like equally to Jazz Chism in terms of what can he do for my fantasy team overall. And I know Chishom helps you so much with someone basses, but if he struggles to get on basse and struggles to make contact gets dropped in the order right away. He's a guy that could get sent down again. So there's a lot of issues there. It's a lot more risk, and it's just too much risk for me personally. In rotal league. I get it, I understand those risks, but for me, I'd rather just wait a little bit more for a guy like Rogers. Let's stick a quick break in the action to tell you about fan Tracks. I want to tell you about an awesome baseball giveaway being done by our friends over at fan Tracks. You can enter to win tickets to any MLB game for you and your entire fantasy league up to one thousand dollars towards traveling accommodations, and you can enter by creating a free account over at fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros. Then either create a new league, join an active league, or bring over your existing leagues from another platform for free. All existing fan tracks leagues are automatically included in the giveaway. And remember, more leagues you're a part of, the more chances you have to win. Each active league counts as one active entry, and the winner will be chosen and emailed by April twenty nine. So get on that again. Go to fantracks dot com slash Fantasy pros to enter. Now that's fantracks dot com slash fantasy pros. And now back to the action. Let's talk about third base here. Well, shed give me a player for you at third base that makes that all bust team.
Speaker 2: Ah man, Okay, I actually think this one might be the toughest, and I think it's weird because this is the most garbage position of all of these. Like, you can really fall off the table pretty quick from the elite guys, and the middle doesn't feel quite as good. And you know, there's some guys on the back end that you can maybe maybe set your sights on. And so here here's ironic. This is gonna be funny. So in teut this weekend completely different thing. It's an auction points league, so it's a different form formatical type of thing. In roster construction of what you're doing. I went very heavy pitching, and I went studs and scrubs. I went very very heavy hitting with lots of pitching. So I had to piece together a whole bunch of these kind of black you know, shortstops and third basements. And I ended up getting Almoncotta for two dollars. And you all, Mancatta is my pick here, and I'm not happy with it. But the psychology is one of the reasons why I think he's kind of in this bus territory. I wanted literally everybody else, But when you look at third base, you go through and you go, okay, I want Dever's or Machado or Riley. Then you don't get it, and then of course you want Chris Bryant now or Aeronato, and then it really starts to kind of fall off. And then if you're that back end guy, you go, okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna sit back and I'm gonna get this guy or I'm gonna get that guy, and everybody is still paying for the return of Yoan Mancata. The problem is he's almost becoming the DJ Lemayhew of this position. There's not any upside I know. In Fantasy Pros right now, it lists Justin Turner right above. They're right next to each other, But in a lot of other platforms and drafting platforms, Justin Turner is way lower than Mankada, and Justin Turner is a better batting average option, a better RBI option, a better home run option, and Moncatta doesn't steal anymore. He's projected under twenty homers for the year, nothing else significant. He's not even a one category play at this point, and in many instances he has to be a starter. My situation was a little bit different because it was auction and I had to get it under four dollars third baseman. But in drafting, don't put yourself in the hopes of, oh, I can still get Moncatta because of the name value. I would rather have Josh Donaldson, who is more than twenty picks lower on the overall than him. I would rather have the Key, Brian Hayes, Ryan McMahon in Colorado, Luis Orris, I literally would have picked any of these players over Moncatta. I just think we're about done with Moncatta as a top two hundred player, and if you're considering, which a lot of rankers are still think he's a bust.
Speaker 1: I completely agree with Moncatta. And I feel like, also, there's this there's this prospect luster that always kind of sticks with certain guys longer than it should do. You get that with Moncatta. I feel like he's one of those guys where, yeah, he's he had so much hype younger on that he keep waiting and he's getting second chances and third chances and four chances, and then he you know, he comes out the spring, I want to steal more bases, and the next thing, you know, everybody's buying back in because of those words. And I think that's always frustrating. One.
Speaker 2: I mean, and listen, the guy has over five hundred total career games, and he has twenty eight career stolen bases. Twenty eight career stolen bases. He stole ten in twenty nineteen, but between the pandemic year and last year he stole three. He also has twenty combined homers in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, and he's had one twenty home run season. Listen, it's it's all relative. We come back to it. Has he done positive things, Yes, he's lowered his strikeout rate, he's upped his walk rate. He's had a two sixty three batting average, which was second best of his career. He's just transforming as a player. The problem is is it's just not like a target that you want for fantasy and there are just better options.
Speaker 1: Like in a salary cap draft, that's fine, Like if you have to end up with him for four bucks at the sour cap. You can absolutely live with that.
Speaker 2: I got him for two. I got them for two, so like that's a great deal. I'm for two bucks. But the problem is when Justin Turner or Josh Donaldson or Ty Franz or Ryan mcmahoners still on the board, he shouldn't be a priority. Regardless of how great that lineup is, Moncott is probably gonna, what's my kind of get a hit? I don't even know rost the resource has him out right now seven. I mean, there's no way that Moncott is going to hit above Robert and there's and you've got Aloy, You've got a list of guys I can't imagine even if he was hitting two. He's just not a big power guy. And he hasn't shown us the reason why we would take him over a lot of these other guys. Justin Turner all day, every day.
Speaker 1: For me, all right, my guy at third base at the hot corner is gonna be Anthony Rendon. And I know this is kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. But while she's still a top one hundred player, basically like right now in ECR, he's number ninety six. He is the tenth third baseman off the board. He's one O two overall in the consensus ADP. And when I look at Anthony undone, this is the point in time of his career where injuries should start, where he should physically start breaking down. And I know he had that really good window there for a couple years in Washington where he started to really turn around and he was playing one hundred, you know, one hundred and forty games under fifty games, that's what you want. And then last year it all came crashing down again, and it just scares the heck out of me, and I'm willing to add a bigger discount take a shot on Rendon, Like if he slips below this one hundred into the one twenties or one thirties, That's why I start to go, Okay, you know what other people in this draft are afraid. I think I'd rather take a shot on Rendon than Mancata. But again, there's a forty pick difference between the two of them, and I just feel like there's this this big name brand value that's attached to him. We just talked about Wellcatta having the prospect thing attached to him, where Rendon has that all star label attached to him, and I just wonder, look where we are right now. You know, after Chris Brian goes, Anthony Rendon's the next guy. And I think that drop off between Brian and Rendon is considerable. And it's only twenty five picks, but it feels like way more to me because if Anthony Rendon doesn't play significant period of time, if you would plays fifty games again, just crushes you. And I just I want more of a discount on him. How do you feel about Frendon? I'm just a curiosity, like do you look at him as a value or another guy you just don't want to touch? No.
Speaker 2: See, that's kind of interesting because I kind of like Rendon because I think that the injury recently is holding him back and this is probably one of the best costs you can get at him. But at the same time, here's the problem with him is he is the last great hope of your third base build.
Speaker 1: So if you miss, that's why he's right there at one hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's so like I'm a little indifferent about him. I definitely could see myself targeting him. I'll tell you this though, I'm more than likely going to look at that point, if I didn't like, I want Bryant, like Chris Bryant's the guy that I want. If I didn't get like a Machado, Bryant's probably that last, like really big target. And if I didn't get him, I could see myself coming down to Rendon and talking myself out and saying, well, I will take this closer or this starting pitcher that's here, and I'll go get Josh Donaldson later and I'll go for that big power, and I could talk myself out of him. But I do think Rendon like, Okay, here's this Rendon at ninety six or Mancata at one thirty six. Overall, that's where they are in Fantasy pros right now. Probably still yeah, I would go Renton as well.
Speaker 1: And I don't feel great about either of them. But third base is that one spot where you're going to have to in some drafts just take a shot.
Speaker 2: And that's why he's getting pushed up. By the way. I don't think he's getting pushed up because everyone's like, oh, hey, Rendon's gonna hit three hundred with thirty plus homers. It's like, no, we're moving him up because oh my God, third base falls off of a cliff, and you've got to get one otherwise you will be stuck with you on Manka.
Speaker 1: And you know what, id's to take one of these two guys, Like if I take Rendon or Mancata, I'm looking later at getting an Escobar, Spencer, Torklsen, somebody else that qualifies there that I think you know is going to play a fair amount that I think I feel pretty comfortable with because they might have to be in my lineup a lot.
Speaker 2: I'll do you one better. Like if I were going really really late, I might go like Judo Orchell or something now with Minnesota, but I think.
Speaker 1: You're better guy.
Speaker 2: Not enough Bat, I'm not really either, but like that would just be one of those guys I if I home, if well, see, okay, you're you're in an area that I understand. I actually took Bowman Towder as well. But if I am going to take one of those guys, I actually would rather try to get a Donaldson or a Turner. Those those guys I'm telling that you should wait to fall back on. Why don't you tag one of those guys with it and just cover yourself and you can corner infield Donaldson or Turner or Ryan McMahon or something like that. But to your point, if you had to go a little bit later, I would probably prefer less of a risk. If you were to take a rindome like Bom is much more of a risk. Like I'm looking down at you. You know who's a dude, Avalongoria. I've Longoria was like a top fifty player for a month and a half before he got hurt. I would rather tag a Longoria or something like that.
Speaker 1: All Right, this one's gonna set a lot of people. Let's do shortstop here because there's some big names of shortstop. It's one of the deeper positions this year. So while she was the shortstop the major All Bust team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't. I don't like doing it because I've actually defended this guy. But I'm going to go with new destination Corey Seeger. First off, you do have I think I feel like we talked about this on an episode. I'm just forgetting maybe it was Frank when we had Frank Gon. You do have a tendency for guys moving to new places to have a little bit of an adjustment period and struggle. Corey Seeger has missed all the games. I think he's played one hundred and forty games twice in his In his career twenty sixteen and seventeen, he has played one hundred games once. Since twenty eighteen. He has not hit twenty homers. Since twenty seventeen. He has a total of twelve career stolen bases, with three of those coming over the last three years. And listen, he changed the profile of who he was. He was one of the big hard hit guys, which was awesome. You would start seeing if you would go to a baseball savant, you would see on Max ev Corey Seeker has been there in the top ten, but it hasn't resulted in massive results due to injury as well. So here's my problem. You've got a shortstop that's going inside almost almost the top fifty, right outside the top fifty, he does not steal bases. Who has a track record of being injured going to a team that's okay, they got Marcus Simi and they don't have a bunch of other great options, and of all of those things, it is the deepest position of all of them. You can go and get Willia Domis or Dansby Swanson and get probably ninety five percent of the production. You can get Jorge Polonco, you can get Brandon Crawford really late. There's so many guys. Almd Rosario, who I keep talking about as kind of like a breakout guy. He is a shortstop that you can get. You can get more stolen bases in other spots, you can build power in other directions. I just don't think there's enough to justify for Corey Seeger to be going off at like what is he at shortstop on Fantasy pros right now?
Speaker 1: He ors right now is the tenth shortstop. He is number sixty five overall.
Speaker 2: But see think about that, there are ten short stops and he's sixty five overall, and I actually see I'm looking I might be looking something tiny bit different. It's got him at the ninth shortstop at fifty eight over You've got Korea in Minnesota after him. You've got Mandesy on the stolen bases. That's the Oh, I'm not even looking at the overall right now.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there's just a JDP over there. That's wrong.
Speaker 2: Bobby Witt. You've got Bobby one oars as well. So I just don't think justifying that high cost is going to pay off, and I think a lot of people are going to feel very bustish if he gets up with you know, twenty something Homers plays one hundred and fifteen games and you spent a top sixty pick on.
Speaker 1: Him, Well, I'm gonna go one more shortstop deeper than well, just one though, because that's the same range I think is very dangerous. So he took the tenth guy in Corey Seeger, I'm gonna take the eleventh guy in Havire Bayaz, same kind of deal. You know, when you have these guys with big names who signed big contracts, they get a lot of publicity. And I'm not saying Howvier Bias hasn't been a good player recently. He Has's no doubt about that. You love the eighteen stolen bases, that's his highest marks in twenty eighteen, when he stole twenty one. Typically he's more around that eleven or twelve range, So this was a big bump for him. He had two sixty five last year, pretty good. I mean, he's that guy who's got a lot of swing and missing and we all know that there's a lot of you know, the true outcomes in Hobby or Baiaz that we understand and we kind of, you know, we get and if you look last year, you know he played for the Mets and the Cups, two offenses that certainly struggled at times. He had a run scored in eighty seven RBI, hit thirty one home runs. He's moving to a Tiger team that's still in transition. They have some good young talent coming, the Greens and the Torco Sen's of the world are coming, but we don't know what they're gonna do when they get there and when they're gonna get there specifically, so bias to me, for the same reasons that Welsh is concerned with Seeger, I'd rather have Polanco a little cheaper, maybe take a shot on Korea, Bobby witt Dan's responsor all those guys. To me, I'm looking at Hobby Bayaz. Is that transition into a different place, transition to learning some new pictures in the American League Central And to me, it's just not a good investment. I don't like where he's at sixty nine. Overall, I'd rather wait ten more picks and take quar Hee Polonko. Your thoughts on Bayaz yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I think it kind of sits in the same area. I think I'd probably rather have bias than at this point, because the one thing you are getting is at least you're getting the stolen bases. But I think it's kind of a similar thing, like there's.
Speaker 1: Not lot eighteen or you're getting ten.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, well I think bias, I think, but Bias has got that upside of like twenty stolen bases, where Secer has the upside of two. Like that's it. So, but I don't really want either one of these guys. I think they both fall in. You've got a new destination, You've got an okay lineup that's surrounded by bias. He's also very finicky. You know, I've talked to you mentioned jazz earlier. Jazz is the poor man's hobby bias where they're very, very streaky, And I think you gotta be careful too about these streetcats. Maybe the one thing that Corey Seeger has when he's actually playing, he's relatively consistent. You could have a month where Hobby Baias hits a buck eighty nine, no homers and maybe one stolen base, and then you can have a month where he hits three ten with six homers and seven stolen bases. I mean he can pop off. Those are fun sometimes, but they're also the volatility really can screw with your team, especially if you're playing head to head, you're playing roto you can kind ofge through it a little bit. Yeah, I agree with you. I'm just I'm a little indifferent. I don't know if I would target him as a bust. But the problem is, if you were to look down the shortstops, there's probably three or four really that you could pinpoint, and I think both of those guys are them. I think Avey baia Is with his volatility, Corey Seeger with you know, injuries and lack of stolen bases. You probably throw Jazz in there as well. There's not a lot of guys were.
Speaker 1: A big contract, the burden of that and living up to that, the new city, the new town, the new adjustment. There is a lot. It's very rare we get a guy that just out of the gate, just just you know, gangbusters for a new team after a huge contract. Typically even Bryce Harper a couple of years ago, right, it was a little slow star. People were, you know, bitching and moaning about that next thing. You know, Bryce Harper is winning MVPs a year later, So what are you gonna do? All right, let's go to the outfield here, another fun one. So who is your all bust outfielder?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean this might have been even harder than shortstops, and I just want.
Speaker 1: To I feel like we're gonna get mad at each other. Yeah, well, I'm mad at yours, and I know you're gonna be mad at mine.
Speaker 2: Joe. Joe is trying to gaslight me with his He's an absolute gas light mine. Mine is it's kind of about the paying for last year thing. That's It's exactly what it is. It's about paying last year's stats for this year. Have a burger today tomorrow. What was that? Remember the i'll pay.
Speaker 1: You for I'll gladly pay you tuesday, but I have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I kind of feel about reference on the show. I mean, no, no, that it was. It wasn't Popeye, it was Oh.
Speaker 1: Gosh, that's I doesn't say it's the the other guy to not Blueto. It's the other guy with the hat, the chibby guy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, I just found it. It was wimpy. It was wimpy. We glad they pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. It was wimpy with the show.
Speaker 1: I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh was it really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean you're older than me. You're older than me. I'm very young. I have very young references.
Speaker 1: That's right. We used to play with Kalidis Gopes and kick cans down the street. It was fun to go to the baseball game.
Speaker 2: Mitch Haniger, maybe a little twilight of his career, thirty years old, hit thirty nine homers for the Mariners. Before that, he had only one. Actually, I guess he in two seasons he had combined, I had forty one homers between twenty nineteen and twenty eighteen. Didn't play in twenty twenty. He lowered a strikeout rate a little bit Lord's walk rate. His ISO was about on target. He just made better contact than the ball did fly. But of the five career seasons he's played, this is absolutely the outlier. And to be fair, it's not like CJ. M. Cedric Mullins, where you're paying like top thirty five overall for a guy that had just an absolute breakout. You are paying right inside the top one hundred, but you're still paying a top one hundred cost on an outfielder whom I think is around a lot of other guys that I would rather put my target in one position above on the Fantasy pros ADP Jean Carlos stanton Is and I would rather have Jean Carlos stand his new teammate Jesse Winker, much rather bet on Jesse Winker with a high contact in Seattle. Even in Seattle, I think we're I know you're looking at power suppression. Everyone's looking at power suppression. I think Jesse Winker is going to be the crime spot.
Speaker 1: In the lineup power hitter in his career ever. But he's been a high high last year for him.
Speaker 2: But he's been a massive contact type of guy. I have a problem believing Mitch Handiger is a going to stay completely healthy though if he eaches, that's going to help and be able to maintain the stats. Bat X has his power projection down to thirty one homers off of the thirty nine. Bat X also has in the eighties to run an RBI and a sub two fifty batting average, And again you look at the outfielders that are around him. I would rather have Winker, I'd rather have Stand, I'd rather have Schwarber. God, if he qualified, I'd rather have franmil Reyis. I don't think it's an exorbitant, crazy cost, but I think based on paying a top one hundred, you know, overall pick, I think we're going to be disappointed at the end of the day with who we passed up for. Mitch Haniger, so I'm to say, min Channager.
Speaker 1: It's fair. I think there's a drop off right around one hundred, though, too, where it's fran Bille's Koleshwarber, it's Winker, it's Hanneger, And I like all those guys right about there, kind of like the last one I can get if that makes sense. Sure, it's like like, I like them all, but give me the who was going last? Okay, that guy, I think that's.
Speaker 2: Say something awful now, Joe, you're gonna be Jo's gonna be awful. It is a horrible pick. This is his worst decision of the season, worst bus. I hate it. I hate it.
Speaker 1: Take ever, I don't want it to be you do, I don't I take I take no joy in this though. There's zero joy in Mudville for me taking Byron Buxton as my boss. He's up to number fifty six overall. Right now, he's the seventeenth outfielder steal and I've stuck up for Bucks. I was mister Buckston last year. Okay, oh you were mister Buxton. I was mister Buckston on the Breakout Show last year. Go back and listen to it. I was all in. He did get nineteen home runs, he stole nine bases, but he only laid sixty one games and before that obviously shortened season twenty twenty. Can't make too much of that twenty nineteen eighty seven games, twenty eighteen, twenty eight games he played one hundred and forty and twenty seventeen and before that ninety two. Look, enough is enough. I mean, I'm not saying he doesn't have that kind of incredible roto talent that can win you a league. It's just do I want to take him over George Springer or Randy rose Arena or Chris Bryant or can Tell Marte and I don't. I don't feel confident enough that I'm gonna get enough volume. I think the quality's gonna be there. I think the power speed combination is going to be there, But the problem is Byron Buckson's never there. And it's okay to take this risk. I'm not saying you can't do it, you should never do it. What I'm saying is, when a bust is staring us in the face as a guy who continuously lets us down every single year, why do we keep coming back to it year after year after year. It's like we're, you know, just banging our heads against the ball here, and this could be the year, but it is the same thing we said last year and the same thing we said the year before, and I'm just tired of saying it.
Speaker 2: Are you defined insanity right now? Are you defining insanity as Byron buxs sanity?
Speaker 1: Here's insanity. Would you rather have a player, okay, going at pick number ninety overall, who came off the season last year of twenty four home runs, ninety rbi, ninety three runs, scored, five steals, and a three zero two batting average. Would rather have that player or Byron bucks Buckston? Okay, you're wrong because the other players Brian Reynolds and that's my dude, Boxton.
Speaker 2: What does my shirt say right now? Joe what's my shirt say?
Speaker 1: It says mistake, because yeah, that's you, your nipples, that's it.
Speaker 2: I am almost covering up by nipples, but it says mistake. It is a Bob Rosch. I'm wearing a Bob ross Shure, right, but I but you are.
Speaker 1: I think of happy accidents. I feel like that's pretty much the theme of Byron Bucks's career, happys that land him on the IL.
Speaker 2: I just want to point out bad X has only projected one hundred and twenty two games for him, which you know that kind of leads to you. But in those one hundred and twenty two.
Speaker 1: Games, generous Welsh, that's generous.
Speaker 2: Ah, I get out of here with your non generous thirty homers and sixteen stolen base is in only those one hundred and twenty two games? I ask you, what if? And that's why I take Buxton. What if he were to play those one forty that's a first it's a first round talent.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong. But I've I've heard this commercial before for Byron Buxton, and I keep having to send it back because it's some sort of you know, factory defect, and I keep having to return it on Amazon and go to Cole's because I can't return it thraight through Amazon. Now I got to go to Cole's and do it, and then they give you Cole's cash back, and that's great. I love the Coles cash, but what am I gonna do with it? I gotta go spend it on Brian Reynolds.
Speaker 2: I look, shouldn't it be a crime that Cole's cash has an expiration date? By the way, and absolutely it is a crime.
Speaker 1: Ryme.
Speaker 2: You know what next president? They need to run on that platform. No expiration date on Cole's cash, and I think they got the country.
Speaker 1: I just learned this a few months ago. You can spend Cole's cash up to ten days after the expiration date. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: What's the point of an expiration date? Then that's what I said, what are we talking about here?
Speaker 1: And they said I asked him? I said, I said, oh, it expired to go Oh no, no, it's okay. It's still good for ten days after the day. I was like ten days.
Speaker 2: They trained like, give me a bigger windows. They're like they smell it, they smell the closes, are like, yeah, it still smells good. You can have ten more days after the expiration. What are you talking trying to do?
Speaker 1: They're trying to get you back in the store in seven days that day. Just want to keep coming back, and then you.
Speaker 2: Earn more calls a scam.
Speaker 1: You go spend it on Byron Buckston and it's a.
Speaker 2: Scam, like taking Brian Reynolds over Buckston. It's a scam.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, dude, like, you're not wrong. He could be that dude. I'm so sick of that he could.
Speaker 2: The injury price will happen there.
Speaker 1: I will have a ton of DFS lineups. Man. Oh, when that guy's on and playing in lineup, I'm in. He's going to start a ton of DFS lineups for me. I just don't want him in season long formats anymore. I've had it, not at that cost anyway. All right, let's get to the pictures that made our list. Who are your two arms that you are officially anointing as busts for twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Well, one of them I just kind of followed your path here, But the top one, you're kind of going to see a trend if I'm going to really pick out bus here, And I went with Luis Castillo. Luis first off, has absolutely no support. If he were to be traded, that would be a positive, but the team said they don't want to trade him. They don't, they will not they don't want to trade him, they will not trade him. So he's stuck in this no man's land of no real run support, not a great ballpark to pitch. Also, typically last he.
Speaker 1: Gets traded mid season, like July to the Yankees or something like that.
Speaker 2: I think it's possibility, but the cost is pretty high. In the last two years, he's consistently been really poor first half. He's at a four ERA in the first half of both of the last two years. He's found himself a tiny bit, a tiny bit when he can get going, But I just don't think again it's it's rinse and repeat. And I apologize for being kind of rinse and repeat he here in some of my takes, But you know this is going to be the formula of how I'm going to pinpoint some of these guys. This is a guy that is just about top seventy five. He's one pick next to Joe Musgrove. Now Musgrove is ahead of him. I would take Joe Musgrove twenty picks than I would Louis Castillo, and they're next to each other. Even after With Luis Castillo you get guys like no, not at all, but you get Cease and Darvish. I would rather not take Castillo and wait almost two rounds to get Darvish or around to get Cease or Verlander, any Cortless, Redona, San Francis, Rodonda, San Francisco. I'd rather go those guys. I just if you're in a wins league and he's not gonna have a lot of wins, maybe I'll have some quality starts. He's typically started off kind of bad. What's the upside of getting to June and then him starting to piece it together When I think you'd have more consistent pictures, I'm gonna pass, and I think at the cost, this might be this might be the final hurrah that Luis Castillo firmly and tied that inside the top seventy five. And then the other one was Chris Saale. I kind of had a hard time picking these. You've got a couple injured ones that you're picking here. If you are taking Chris Sale right now, that's a mistake. I don't even see where the ADP is. Yeah, the ADP I don't think has adjusted. Yeah, it hasn't adjusted. It's still has him inside the top seventy five to nineteenth overall pitcher. That rib injury that he's got, he's not gonna throw for a couple of weeks. It could be months. It could I mean, it could be up to six months at worst, it could be three months on a typical. Maybe he comes back early. They've already babied him. They're gonna want him for the playoffs. Maybe they opener him with nursing an injury. Again, it's just bad news. It's the worst news you could get for Chris Sale. He's a complete avoid for me at this point. Sale went for like dude, he went for like four bucks or three bucks in tout this past weekend, so nobody was interested in paying.
Speaker 1: No, and where they should they be. It's a bad investment, which stinks. I mean, it's good for you know, the Hows of the world and Witlocks and some of those guys who are gonna have rotation opportunities. But I'm just I'm taking our good friend Scott Bogin's approach. If you're hurt before the season starts. I don't want anything to do with you. It's already at a deficit. It's really bad. Yeah, and for me because of that, two guys for me is Jack Flaherty, who I know, you know. He said, well, I've dealt with this, you know, slight tear of my shoulder for years and it was just a ma thing and now he fixed the mechanical thing. Great story, bro, I love it. I don't want anything to do with it. He might come back and be totally fine in a couple of weeks. I don't want to take that chance. He's had injuries before, and this is an injury we already no exists, So I already know that I'm on a ticking time bomb anyway, and I still got to pay a pretty good freight to get Jack Flaherty regardless, because everything is, you know, Sonny in Saint Louis right now with all the news coming out. And then the other one's Lance mccolors, who's got a history of elbow problems, who's got a flexer tendans train right now, and I love the talent, like going into the year, mccollor's is one of my YEP. I'm gonna get all the shares of Lance mccoors, and you know what, right now, I'm probably gonna have none. And mccolors right now is going all the way at one forty five right next to Adam Wainwright, HEYDWARDO. Rodriguez. I'd rather have a Dward Rodriguez and Lance mccolors right now, easily. And as far as Flaherty, he's still going right now is the top one hundred guy. He's going picture number twenty five, montass cees U Darvish, Alec Manoa, Trevor Rodgers, who I absolutely love. I'll take Trevor Rogers for Jack Flaherty every single day of the week and twice yes Sunday. I'm just going to all right, last but possibly least the reliever. So who is going to not close things out for our bust team? And I know we want two different directions on this song we did. I want to hear yours and then I've got a whole different take from mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get where you were going with yours. I see reliever. I'm thinking closer and I pinpointed the one closer is still like in the early on stages of US like, oh, we're gonna have baseball, and we're doing mock drafts. Everybody is fighting over closers, and there's this one closer that kept going high because it was like, well, we know this guy's job, and there's these others twelve that don't have jobs. Everything has become more clear, and I have to say my bust would be the cost of Mark Mullanson inside the top one fifty. Mark mllanson currently, as far as relievers go, reliever closers is the twelfth overall guy. Yes, he saved a bunch of games lists last year, but he is with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Their offense is going to suck. They're not going to win games. Here's the other problem. I mean the amount of times he's starting pitchers have not had the proper run support to even get in there. His mind boggling. Yes, they help themselves bring in a guy like I and Kennedy to kind of shore up. Maybe if they were to have actual runs that they could maybe carry it into the ninth. I don't see how Mark mlanson is going to get a whole boatload of saves plus prime trade candidate. This is Diamondbacks one oh one, you go and draft a relatively cheap bullpen arm or even player, and you trade them at the deadline for future assets. They're not winning anything. All they're doing is just trying to pretend like they're trying to win games so they can stack cash into the whole. You know, new agreement, Milance is gonna get traded, and he's gonna get traded to a place where he's not safe. He's not getting saved. So the back half of the year I don't expect saves. The front half, it's all going to be one of the worst teams in baseball with no big, real safe chances. Maybe he'll have a couple of weeks, dude, I'm telling you, if the Diamondbacks pull out some wins early on and Mark Mullanson, let's say gets five saves in two weeks, sell him immediately. It's a bad, bad spot. He's not a bad, bad closer, but it's a bad spot. So that is a bust for me, and it's gonna look gross. I think at the end of the year, when you look at the costs that some of you guys paid on Milanson.
Speaker 1: For me, it's hazus Lozardo. Everybody loves the guys that have dual eligibility, Right, you have that SP potentially who qualifies an RP and those deeper leagues, but mandatory RP slots could be tough. But this was a guy with a six ERA last year. I know he was a can't miss prospect. That it happened sometimes sometimes they missed. Maybe he'll find himself again, but I'm not gonna I'm not gonna pay to find out like i'd rather him. I hope he does find himself somewhere else, and I hope he does it on someone else's team because it's not gonna be online. So I'm rooting for hazus Lozardo, but I'm not trying to write stories here about comebacks. I'm trying to win championships. And I know he's dirt cheap, you know, I get that in terms of overall we're talking about two eighty three. But you know what Kakuchi and Corey klueber around there as far as starting pitchers, right, So maybe I'll take a.
Speaker 2: Shot at one of the I like Thinkkukuchi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm saying is I'd rather have one of those guys on my roster than try to like be fancy and say, oh, you know what, I'm going to take this guy because he qualifies a URP two and you know what, maybe he gets the maybe he does, maybe he gets right. But you know what, there's guys like Danelson Lamett at the relief spot I think are worth more of an opportunity. There's a couple of other relievers to the Ashby's of the world that I think are interesting that maybe I want to have on my roster.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Oh that's the options. That's a great point, like the only format I really look at it well. I mean I shouldn't say that if you have strict RP uh stuff, then sure you can manipulate it. Aaron Ashby is a prime example and a perfect guy that they're stretching out to try to give a rotation spot too that you can then manipulate that RP spot. I would rather have him than Lezardo points. I think Lazarta makes a little bit more sense again, like you don't love to take closers in points, and if you can use those spots for like Michael Kopek might be the number one like relief picture if you're playing that game this year. The poster child for this, Yeah, you want to take I could see Lozardo in points. There's no other format I really want, even if I'm trying to manipulate, even if I'm trying to be like, oh, I'm gonna punt saves and head to head and I'm gonna use those rps for starters, Lizardo's not the guy. It would be. Kopek and Ashby would be like probably one and two of what I would try to piece together.
Speaker 1: So I agree with you, agreed, So there you have it. Those are the all bust guys. My team Kybert Release, dj le Mayhew at first, jass Echizabet second, Rendon at third, Hove your bias at short, Buston in the outfield, playing all three spots, then Flaherty, mccullors and Lozardo, Welsh, has Mondi Grondal, Ryan Malcastle, Jonathan India, yoa Mancata, Corey Seeger, Mitch Hanneger, Luis Gestillo, Chrissel and Mark Millanson.
Speaker 2: So mine looks a lot more baseball. Mine looks Mine looks a little uh like a little bit more intense. My list looks like like I think people are gonna get a little bit more mad. About mine, like I look at yours.
Speaker 1: I've got Baia's and Rendon and Buxton, so.
Speaker 2: I oh but no, Buxton should get people upset about that. I'm just saying I look at mine and it's like, oh, well's put himself out there a little bit more. I might get yelled at it.
Speaker 1: We have to go find the over under for Buckston Games and have a little side bed side back. You'll have to figure that out. Maybe we'll figure that on the fest on Tuesday night for six pm. It starts over on our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB. Subscribe today. The fest will be from six pm Eastern to ten pm Eastern again. Frank Stanful, Nick Pollock, Bogman, Welsh DVR is gonna be on it, Derek Van Riiper, Eric Cross. It's got a great group of people. We're gonna talk about so many things. Lauren Auerbach's gonna come back as well and join us for that. Dalton del Donna think's gonna be on so a great group there. It's gonna be live so you can interact with us. So subscribe today to Fantasy Pros MLB channel on YouTube and click that notifications bell because Leading Off is gonna start April six to two. Every single day, you're gonna get me and the Welsh and our friends talking baseball here and don't forget. Also, if you want more busts, to visit fantasypros dot com for the Consensus Bust Featured Pros article that just came out. Also and get jar free Fantasy Pros Draft Kick right now at fantasypros dot com slash kit. All the principal cheat sheets, salary, cap values, sleepers, bus stras, strategy, and a whole lot more for free at fantasypros dot com slash Kit. I also want to thank our sponsor today and that is Fantracks. Head order fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros to enter and you and your entire fantasy league could get a thousand dollars towards travel and accommodations to the MLB game of your choice. Again, that's fantracks dot Com Slash Fantasy Pros. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on. For Welsh, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids,