Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: So let's get into this conversation.
Speaker 3: The first thing that I want to start with is a company that is near and dear to our hearts. Ian Ian's has been pre chating this company for a long time. So last week Microsoft made news by surpassing Apple and now has the largest market cap out of any country. So I think is a company company company is like a country or a lot of countries if it's like two point six trillion dollars in market cap. So, and you know, I made a post about how the stock has gone up since last year. It's up sixty percent. It's up like thirty percent in the last six months. Over the last ten years, Microsoft stock is up eleven one hundred percent. Of course, you know, Shout the nineteen Keys talked about the HoloLens of Microsoft, and now we're talking about metaverse things.
Speaker 4: Stvery episode. If you guys haven't seen.
Speaker 2: It classic, it's actually a classic.
Speaker 3: So I think I have to say it still surprises me that people overlook Microsoft and they always they don't give Microsoft, I don't think enough credit. So can we talk about Microsoft? What does this mean? And why don't people fully appreciate Microsoft.
Speaker 5: It's pretty bland, right, It's like the old consistent company that never goes away, that just keeps innovating and keeps winning. And so it's it's easy to say, like, oh, I don't want to pay goods and they're always winning, but you should because this is staple and we said this, we told people, you know, I think we gave them a year warning. We said this is going to be the stock of twenty twenty one, said the decade, and they laughed. I know, I said twenty twenty like this is it, and I'm like, look, this is going to be it if you look at what they did last quarter, right A Zori and I want to pronounce.
Speaker 4: It, right? Is it Zori Zorayeah?
Speaker 5: They were up just the cloud service right because a lot of people don't really underestimate what cloud services do for a company, like what what AWS does for Amazon A Zori does for Microsoft. It was up forty seven percent this quarter, forty seven percent more than Google, which has YouTube, right forty seven percent. The revenue is out of this world. But the reason and I'll let you talk about Microsoft, but we got to go into the reason why maybe surpass them because a couple companies missed there.
Speaker 6: So I'll go into that after you talking. You got people have to realize and we talked about it with Nigerian and perception. People try to brand Microsoft as a boring company because of the Bomber years. You can make your argument after Tim Cook, Microsoft probably has the second.
Speaker 4: Best CEO in all of tech.
Speaker 6: I think that Microsoft will eventually have the number one cloud company. They in five or ten years, there'll be number one in healthcare. And as this race we talk about later in the metaverse, he's up. They're going to be prime to take that space over as well. And they haven't even announced their cryptocurrency project. This is like the moment for the culture when Jay came out with Hard Knock Life and everybody woke up and was like, whoa biggie wasn't next to him? Okay, this is like their Hard Knock Life moment. They haven't even made Blueprint one Black album yet.
Speaker 4: With their crypto project.
Speaker 6: I've been screaming two tech, two Index, Apple and Microsoft forever and even during the Bomber years when it was flat, that was a great time to build a base. I'm looking at the chart now. In twenty sixteen it was at fifty seven dollars and twenty eight cent is now at three twenty seven. They have thirty one percent for the year for a trillion dollar market cap company.
Speaker 4: Write this down.
Speaker 6: Best strategy is to invest in the number one player in the space. So number one crypto, number one real estate company, number one cloud, number one Tech, number one fintech. That's an easy formula to use, and Microsoft is not going to give up this position anytime soon.
Speaker 4: One of the greatest of all time.
Speaker 5: With our question, that's why I like that analogy who's the best MC's bigge jy Z and NAS And I was like, wait, who jay Z?
Speaker 4: Yeah, jay Z's been here. Yeah, so it's been here.
Speaker 5: NAS has been here for some piece of big But yeah, I mean, like, like you said, it's something that works so well that people doubt it, and it's been working so well, it's like, yeah, why would we invest in that?
Speaker 4: But we talked about there.
Speaker 6: I've never seen people turn down an easy thirty five percent in my life. I know everyone wants the ones to shoot up a thousand, but you don't want to risk associated with and if you've invested in this.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank, it might seem boring to save plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 4: Ernest What's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one.
Speaker 4: Of our merch partners.
Speaker 5: Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready to see how Square can transform your business. Visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 7: With Robinhood, not only can you trade individual stocks and ETFs, you can also seamlessly buy and sell crypto at low costs. Trade all in one place. Get started now on robin Hood Trading. Crypto involve significant risk. Crypto trading is offered through account with the Robinhood Crypto LC. Robin Hunt Crypto is license to engage in virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department of Financial Services, Crypto Health thro robin Hood Cryptos not FDSC insured or SIPC protected. Investing in volves risk, including.
Speaker 4: Loss of principle Securities.
Speaker 7: Trading is offered through an account with robin Hood Financial LLC member SIPC, a registered broker dealer.
Speaker 6: For three or four years. Like you're looking at one hundred percent return for doing nothing?
Speaker 2: Like literally you.
Speaker 6: Put your money on Microsoft, Please put it in chat. If you've invested in Microsoft, have you ever woke up and been worried about your money.
Speaker 4: I know I haven't. I know I haven't not once yeah once.
Speaker 3: And Microsoft the heavy backer of XLM seller lumis.
Speaker 2: Yes, we talked about it that last week.
Speaker 3: So yeah, when you look at the company, you gotta look at all this other verticals that is that's involved with and Microsoft one of these companies that it's not the most exciting company in the world.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest.
Speaker 3: It has nowhere near the level of excitement that like Apple has. It's like Apple is like Nike and Microsoft is like rebound, Like, let's do it. I'm just saying it's level with excitement. Nobody's excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you still got that you got something.
Speaker 6: There are more There are more people excited over Sweetie than they were Michelle Obama. But Michelle Obama is more pieces and soul.
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 6: We're recording one of your face, So Hi, so.
Speaker 4: Special go The only way if.
Speaker 6: I can make the argument that Microsoft hasn't branded themselves or rebranded themselves as sexier, so they can slowly take over, because if it wasn't for those Bamber years, that there would be no Apple. Like Bamber, I don't want anybody to go to jail, but he should be jailed for how bad his performance was while he was CEO of Apple. And we have to look at the founder. Steve was not better than Bill. They got ahead because Tim took over and Tim had an easier competitor in comparison. But if you look at Microsoft CEO in his beginnings, the humble beginnings, all the focuses on being better and not on the flashiness of.
Speaker 4: The company.
Speaker 6: Microsoft is what Tesla, what people want Tesla to be for sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tesla wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And so the reason and I wanted to talk about that really quickly, the reason why it became the number one company as far as market cap is because Apple missed on his urge.
Speaker 4: And so we talked about Apple and some of the things.
Speaker 5: But I want to put things into context, right when when people are talking about missing on revenue, they're really just missing on expectations that somebody has put out, like Wall Street has put out in expectation. But if you really peel back the numbers, right, I'm gonna run down to listen to this, all right, So the revenue was up twenty nine percent year over year. The iPhone numbers were up forty seven percent year over year. The service numbers were up twenty five percent year over year. The MacBook numbers were only up one point six percent year over year. Obviously we know what the supply chain issues that you know that that plays a major.
Speaker 4: Role in it.
Speaker 5: And then the iPad numbers were up twenty one percent year over year. So the numbers are still increasing. So people are like, wait, miss this numbers? Should we not be investing in Apple? No, no, folks, that's not what this means. Don't ever not invest in Apples?
Speaker 2: Wrong?
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, these companies are amazing companies. Yes, there will be times when they will miss in a quarter. This is one of those times. The same thing with with with Amazon. Yeah, amazonssag that like.
Speaker 6: Two Jordans and ninety six jordan on the same team if they missed one shot, are you swapping them out for Tim harderway like the shout of Tim hardaware, But you're not going to change them no matter what. So going back, I know we haven't done in a while with the basketball or that knowlogy, But if I can get the best three players of all time, I'm not gonna move. I don't care what comes on the court or what's available. Those are going to produce a year over year month after month. And for you business owners, I keep telling you who's going to produce more money for your company consistently? Apple, Microsoft, Tesla or the employees and consultants that you have. Now you know the answer, like I know the answer unless you got the kind of infrastructure that we have.
Speaker 4: Apple.
Speaker 6: Microsoft's crazy.
Speaker 3: My graduates from my school being forced.
Speaker 2: Back drop bag drop, Mike, drop backdrop.
Speaker 8: Coach, The energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 7: It was the new game day scratches from the California Lottery players everything.
Speaker 2: Those games sent the team's energy through.
Speaker 8: The Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 6: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game. That's awfu Now, Coach.
Speaker 8: One more question played the new Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine Ers and Los Angeles Rams scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace play responsibily. Must be eighteen years or older to purchase plate or claim