Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: All right, back to the S and P five hundred WEEKO. Most names actually lower in the index, Kati about two hundred and eighty eight losing ground on this Monday. You had two hundred and fifteen higher in the Monday session and none unchanged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and an interesting split.
Speaker 5: When you take a look at the sector level as measured by the circle, you can see a sort of a patchwork there of green and red energy. On a percentage basis, was your biggest gainer hire by about two point six percent, Materials industrials Tech also rising by one percent or more.
Speaker 4: In terms of what didn't work on.
Speaker 5: This Monday, communication services down by about two point three percent. You also had consumer stafles that set off.
Speaker 4: By about eight tens of percent. Carol, all right, so let me go to some of the gainers.
Speaker 3: Man, you really had some mega outperformance once again in those semiconductor names. In fact, you had the socks, you had Intel you had Micron, you had Qualcomm all at record closes today.
Speaker 4: Just let's go through some of the numbers.
Speaker 3: Eight and a half percent higher roughly on Qualcomm, six and a half percent higher. When it comes to Micron, you had Intel also higher, up about three point six percent, and if you look at the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index, up about two point six percent. So you saw this group again extending the gains that we've seen already this year. That's after we saw record highs and a lot of the names on Friday, the latest latest surge boosted by continued investor enthusiasm over AI and fruction infrastructure buildouts. Benzinga talking about Qualcomm saying or citing the CEO there saying the smartphone era may be nearing its end as major AI companies quietly work a next generation wearable devices powered by advanced AI agents.
Speaker 4: So you have that going on. As for Intel, you.
Speaker 3: Had Baron's reporting that the stock is up unreported second huge chip customer, and that Intel's and talks with South Korean chip maker sk Heinez about providing chip packaging technology to integrate high bandwidth memory and logic chips. That's according to that report from a report from zd net Korea. And then remember it was just last week that Apple and Intel seemed to be reaching an agreement, an early chip making agreement that came out from the Wall Street Journal, but our own team earlier last week had given a heads up on that happening. Just so much going on when it comes to the semiconductor and just real quickly, something a little bit different. Tigger mndy Monday, dot Com Limited rallying nearly twenty three percent intra day, shares rising after the more than three point eight billion dollar market caps software company raised its full or forecast for both revenue and adjusted operating profits. Stock, though down about fifty percent year to date, nearly fifteen percent of the float is short. Stock is down within eighty percent November of twenty twenty one. So the long story not so great. You can just see that shart right there, But nonetheless investors finding some interest in it on this Monday.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, on this Monday, I'm finding some interest in some stocks that moved the lower. I want to start with one of the worst performing stocks in the S and P five hundred and eight percentage basis today that would go to the trade desk down six point eight percent. So it's an ad tech company and it has just been getting absolutely beat up. It's right now trading at what about twenty one dollars a share. You go back to just an end of twenty twenty four, this was a one hundred and forty dollars stock. So it's down just about eighty five percent since then fell again today, this after the analyst over at HSBC cut his recommendation from to reduced from hold. This after earnings last week that disappointed a lot of investors that was back on May seventh. Also want to look at Tyson Foods on a day when we're expecting some moves out of Washington. The company fell by one point nine percent. The Wall Street Journal report at the White House will temporary cut beef import tariffs. The President said at a Monday news conference that he's working on getting beef prices down. Smithfield Foods also fell today. Also, finally, Sally Beauty Holdings. We just spoke to Denise Palanis, the CEO of the company. They reported earnings earlier today. Shares fell today actually had its worst day intra day going back to twenty twenty three. Sally beauty ended up falling on the day. In addition to just an outlook that didn't make that. You know, really, investors were a little worried about. They had a good they had a good earlier quarter, but investors are worried about what the company said when it came to the outlook. The company also said they're watching lower income consumers and there's more frugality when it comes to those consumers.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to quick to check here on yields. The sea saw we've been seeing in recent sessions where you're up one day, down the next. We're up here on the day pretty significantly here up about five basis points, but at four point four on your benchmark ten year yield. You see the somewhat stasis that we've been in here a relative to the last couple of weeks. Here. That's going to be sort of a big challenge going forward, not so much for what bond investors are looking for, but equity investors, of course, trying to price out the next direction and how that might actually feed into their projections for stocks going forward.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, we do have some earnings crossing the wire Hymns and hers reporting and the big headline here is that they're cutting their full year adjusted EBITDA forecast when it comes to what they see, and they now see full year adjusted EBITDA between two hundred and seventy five million dollars to three hundred and fifty million dollars. The previous range that the company had given was between three hundred to three hundred and seventy five million dollars. You can see the chairs are popping rate now though, hire by about eight percent or so. I will also point out when it comes to the first quarter adjust it or when it comes to first quarter EPs that missed estimates as well. They also downgraded where they see second quarter adjusted EBITDA there. So we're gonna read through this and get you more details, but you can see the shares higher after hours. We know that it's been a really rocky year for Hymns and hers health, especially when you think about it the back and forth and now partnership with Novo Nordisk.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I want to take a look at another stock here. Do you remember the New York Times shares? He go back to like late nineties, early two thousands, and it was this idea that shares are just on this steady decline and then something changed big time over the last few years, and a lot of that had to do with its big push into games, yes, crossword puzzles, and of course wordle, which of course became a sensation there you know, on the paper, on your app or whatever you're gonna call. It's now gonna be an actual game show on TV.
Speaker 4: I love it. Can you believe this?
Speaker 3: I love this too. I gotta tell you. I play it like every day. My husband sends me it in the morning. He plays it as soon. I don't know what your word is. I've actually been playing it on the train and somebody like looks over my shoulder and it's like, you've got to get a better first word. I'm like, I like my first word.
Speaker 4: What's your first one? You and you ad I EU.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's a lot of others.
Speaker 4: Doesn't count. It's like, no, you'd be amazed at what kind of counts.
Speaker 1: I've never quite figured out how to play this game. Remember this was like started by just some like random dude.
Speaker 6: And then yeah, he sold it time, sold it to the New York Times.
Speaker 4: After a few months, he did it for his girlfriend.
Speaker 6: He sold it to the New York Times after a few months after it sort of went viral for the low seven digit figure.
Speaker 1: Love this seven digits.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it reminds me of, you know, kind of when when Instagram was sold to Facebook for a billion dollars, it seemed like a lot of money. And they've turned Facebook has turned that business into such a huge business. The New York Times has turned wordle into a huge business.
Speaker 1: And not in just games over anyone who has The New York Times that you know, it's like it's just like they're they're proliferating. It's like, you know, the little gremlin things, you know, you feed it after midnight and all of a sudden you wake up and there's like twenty new games and Carol's gaming right now.
Speaker 4: I go through like wordle. I do connections. I do many like like.
Speaker 1: Connections right, Like the Mini they have they have the real crossword puzzle, you know for smart people.
Speaker 6: They have the Mini.
Speaker 1: Now they have what do they call it, the MIDI the middle one?
Speaker 4: Now, yes, they have the Mini. It's out of control. Exactly when does the stop? I don't love I don't love pips though I hate pips.
Speaker 5: I have to say invented It's not just the New York Times you think about. LinkedIn also introducing puzzle games on their website and their app ap. Bloomberg has the Pointed Quiz online, which is very interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Alpha Dots as well. So am I getting this right?
Speaker 3: That the guys from having the games, Katie and you and I are.
Speaker 5: I feel like Romaine has games that he plays, but perhaps they're different than the games that we play.
Speaker 4: So I got that one right, Tim.
Speaker 5: I don't know what hoing on, but you know, all right.
Speaker 3: Apparently we have to go what a shame funny games over now?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: The stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with US three out today for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.