Speaker 1: While we're back. Summer is over. It's football season. The Jets report for training campaire at one Jets Drive on Tuesday. Lots of folks are out here in Florence Park. They're on the fields getting ready for the players to return here next week. In less than seven weeks, the Jets are going to open up the regular season September ninth against the forty nine Ers Monday Night Football. We can't wait. Coming up, We're gonna preview training camp with our Training Camp Special, which featured analysis from former Jets receiver Quincy and Nuonwah my South Carolina Hunter shot Ethan Greenberg. Before we get to that, I wanted to share with you my top storylines for training camp. Number ten, defensive tackle Quinn Williams. Is he ready to assume the mantle of number one defensive tackle in the National Football League? Aaron Donald he retired an offseason. Quinn Williams, he is an interior menace. He can do everything. I still think that he has another level. Q has another level, and that's scary to think about such a key fixture here and quarterbacks in the National Football League they want nothing to do with the defensive tackle who is providing interior rush. This guy makes it all go for the Jets. But key question along that defensive front is what about the pieces next to him? Javon Kinlaw comes over in free agency, Luckyfotwo does as well. Solomon Thomas re signs here with the Jets after a career year. I'm interested to see what that rotation actually looks like. I like to pick up off kin Law. Does Robert Sala work with him as a rookie back in San Francisco when Sala was a defensive coordinator. Of course, it's got really freakish athletic ability. Long guy who I think is going to thrive in the system. Speaking about thriving in the system, the Jets think FO two is gonna benefit from a change of addresses. Not that anything was bad in his former spot of Arizona. They just think he's gonna thrive in this attack style system here up front changes on the edge, we know the Jets straight to John Franklin Myers. That's number nine. John Franklin Myers goes to Denver in a trade over draft weekend. Bryce hoff signs with the Philadelphia Eagles the lucrative deal. Jermaine Johnson huge jump in year two. He's gonna be counted on even more in year three, and I think he really embraces that role. Here's a guy can do anything as far as setting that edge against the run. Also, he's got speed power, his moves continue to evolve. So Jermaine Johnson is a budding star here with the Jets. I want to see if Will McDonald can take that next step in year two like we saw for Jermaine Johnson. Jermaine Johnson year one and then finally the son Reddick. He wasn't here in voluntary workouts, skip mandatory mini camp. With that being said, professional dude who has brought it throughout his career, and I think he can really change the dynamic up front because he is one of the NFL's top closers. If the Jets are playing with the lead, you want Reddick out there on the field because he really can create some havoc Number eight safety competition. Tony Adams really developing young player, energizer bunny who will come up and hit you in the run game. Also, I like his range, sideline sideline, very athletic player. He's going to continue to get better at Chuck Clark returns. Listen, that guy did a little bit of everything with the Baltimore Ravens, a really heavy ball player, got the postseason experience. I like that ad in the locker room, and he is the guy who the Jets are going to be counting on big time this year. Ashton Davis resigns ball magnet, takeaway machine doing a lot of good things. Also on special team's key performer. What's gonna happen at that spot for number four? Though? Isaiah Oliver comes over from San Francisco forty nine ers, got some cornerback experience on the inside and safety. The Jets are going to go just with him at safety. A couple of young guys are going to try to make a charge as well. But let's watch Oliver speaking about Ashton Davis as well. He played that big nickel position for the Jets last season when the Jets wanted to put three safeties on the field. New kickoff return rule. That's number seven for me as far as the storylines are concerned, what does the competition look like? Will Xavier Gibson take that next step? How about that's rarely in return? In his first game as a pro against the Buffalo Bills. Nobody is ever going to forget that Treek Cohen is trying to make a career comeback. We saw him, he was so impressive early in his career, been snakeing by injuries. But with this new return rule, the Jets take a flyer on Cohen and he's gonna try to be part of the mix in that kickoff return battle. And how about Ricky's Isaiah Davis Malchai Corley will they get long looks as well? Bottom line, new kickoff return rule, you need more than just one competent returner, you need a couple of them. Also. Finally, on special teams, Brandon Ackols, he's gonna be counted on more with the departure of Justin Hardy in free agency. My number six storyline year four on this defense, our takeaway is gonna come in bunches, especially at that cornerback position. The Jets have elite cornerbacks. My senses, they'll have a lot more opportunities at takeaways this season because I think the Jets are gonna play with the lead Layton games of Aaron Rodgers on the field, the continuity the Jets have under Jeff Olbrick. It's awesome and it's also rare, so you gotta take advantage of the spot. Number five. As far as training camp story onlines, back up running back bri Saw he's the star. Fifteen hundred yards from scrimmage last year, nearly sixteen hundred yards. You can go for two thousand. Watch out for this dude. The guy's freaking nature. Just manage his workload before the start of the regular season. What will the reps look like behind him? The Jets draft the two running backs, of course, Braylan Allen, the youngest player in the National Football leagueut of Wisconsin Isaiah Davis as well Israel Obana Kanda was a draft pick last year. Those guys are all gonna be in the mix battling for time behind Brece Hall. Number four, the tight end complementary parts, Tyler Conklin is about to be paired up with Aaron Rodgers. Conkent sixty one catches last year despite quarterback instability. Was he gonna do with Aaron Rodgers? Jeremy Rucker. We're gonna be watching because he's acknowledged he's shown flashes of his all round game, but he wants to become more of a consistent fixture. Also Kenny Oboa like he's special teams contributor returns, and Zach Kootz will look to make more of a vent in year two. Number three wide receiver landscape, Garrett Wilson, He's gonna have a monster year. He's gonna pair up with Aaron Rodgers. Eight to five, eight to five. What is that gonna look like? Well, it could look like fifteen hundred yards. We'll have to see. Now Beyond Garrett Wilson, Mike Williams comes over in free agency one of the best contested ball catchers in the National Football League. He starts camp on the pup list. He's targeting Week one against the forty nine ers. Be ready to be ready to be full go. So the Jets are going to take a cautious approach here with him throughout the summer. No need to hurry him. You want to take the long game approach like he did with Breshall last year. Malkai Corley, we talked about him possibly in the returning game. The education of him will be on hand here throughout training camp. He's gonna be asked to do and ask to do a lot of different things than he did at Western Kentucky. Allen Czard reunites with Aaron Rodgers. He knows this offense, he said, success with Rogers and Nathaniel Hackett before. I look for him to have a better showing here throughout the summer and into the season. And then we talk about the young guys, Exavier Gibson, Malik Tayler, gonna try to make a charge. You got Jason Brownlee, so it's gonna be interesting battle down the depth chart as well. The number two camp storyline, My number two camp storyline, revamped offensive line, Number one offenses is the off season was fortifying that line. It looks quite good on paper. Tyron Smith, he is likely a future Hall of Famer. He's a prototypical left tackle, unbelievable specimen. And what better guy I had to teach Ulu fashion a first round pick out of Penn State than Tyron Smith. John Simpson at left guard, big Guy Muller in the run game, Joe Tipman at center. Draft pick last year, got valuable playing time throughout his rookie season. Everybody's been talking about how he's been more vocal, so you're seeing more confidence from him. He'll be at the pivot. Speaking of confidence, I feel confident anytime Elijah Vera Tucker's on the field. The Jets have found a permanent home for him at right guard. He's been moving all over the place, but with these editions, he's at right guard. Morgan Moses comes back. I love the veteran components on the outside with a four mentioned Tyron Smith, and then Morgan Moses comes back. The young guys fashion new. He got better throughout the spring. He's gonna he's gonna get valuable reps throughout the summer. Carter Warren, I think he's shown some steps as well. They're going to provide depth at tackle. Wes Schweitzer could be a key depth piece inside Umber. One top storyline here in training camp it's the return of Aaron Rodgers. Count him out at your own peril. This dude is on a mission. He told us here on the podcast that if he didn't think he could play at an MVP level and this team couldn't win a championship, then he wouldn't play. So bottom line is he thinks he still can play an MVP level, four time NFL MVP, and he thinks the New York Jets can win a championship. He had a strong spring. He was out here throughout OTA's voluntary sessions. Knows this offense inside and out, so this whole deal is gonna look different. Also, you got to competent backup quarterback and Tyron Taylor, and then you're gonna take the long game with Jordan Travis, who is coming off injury that final season at Florida State. Those are my top ten storylines. Number one though, is Aaron Rodgers back in the saddle. And this Jets team has a long way to go before we get to San Francisco. But those are just my top ten storylines here heading into the training camp. So and that's continue our preview right now with Ethan Greenberg, Caroline Hunter, Shot Quincy, and Nuonwah and myself.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Jets Overtime.
Speaker 3: It's crazy to say that training camp is around the corner, but here we are Training Camp Preview presented by Honda Quincy, Noonwa, Eric Allen, Ethan Greenberg.
Speaker 2: We're gonna break down what.
Speaker 3: To look for in training camp, all three phases of football. But I hope in the meantime you guys feel charged, maybe you know some proper downtime in the offseason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a chance to take a nice little trip, so I feel pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this dude never misses a workout. It looks like he's ready to play right now.
Speaker 4: Listen, they give me the call.
Speaker 3: Maybe okay, Well, here's some important dates to keep in mind once training camp actually begins. Veterans report July twenty third, seven open practices, three joint practices that precede the three preseason games.
Speaker 2: And speaking of threes.
Speaker 3: This team has a really cool blend of veteran and young talent.
Speaker 2: But the majority of this Jets nucleus is four players in.
Speaker 3: Year three Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson, Jermaine Johnson and Brice Hall mcnon mistake.
Speaker 1: In order for the Jets to go to the Promised Land, they need a healthy Aaron Rodgers. With that being said, they have a ton of talented players on this roster. I'm gonna take the defense, leave the offense for my guy Q. Jermaine Johnson's second year league seven and a half sacks last year. He's the guy who's gonna be counting on big time on the perimeter of that defensive line. How about Sauce Gardner, Arguably the top cornerback in the National Football League, a two time first team All Pro. He is the guy who's been lights out since he entered the National Football League.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. Then on the offensive side, you talk about Garrett Wilson, the guy that's had two thousand yard receiving years with seven different quarterbacks. I mean that's unheard of, right, you talk about the guys behind him that have done that. The only guy that's been lucky enough to have one quarterback and had that many one thousand yard seasons, it's Stefan Diggs. I saw he had, you know, obviously had one quarterback, but then after that, you gotta Breese Hall. Breese Hall is a beast man coming off of injury, and then fifteen hundred yards of scrimmage yards. I mean, that's a guy that's a workhorse. You love to see him get the ball in his hands and see what he does catching the ball out of the backfield or running the ball. It's just a talented guy.
Speaker 3: Isn't it kind of weird to think about Garrett Wilson as a breakout player because I feel like Jermaine Johnson this time last year that made sense. Second year in the league, had a proper offseason. But to have a guy so accomplished as Wilson also in the same sentence as potential breakout player.
Speaker 2: It makes sense though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, And I think year three is an important year for a lot of players. It's the year where you either are out of the league or you're getting that second contract. Hopefully you have an opportunity for it as a first round Obviously there's a little bit of a caveat there, but these guys know that year three is important. So for him to have Aaron Rodgers at quarterback in year three, that's a great opportunity for him to really just shoot to the moon.
Speaker 3: It's also kind of weird to think about Sauce Garner being year three but also being like one of the veterans of that room. He had talked about giving quantest stiggers and rookies' advice.
Speaker 2: But this is a guy who.
Speaker 3: Two years ago was with Tony Odin on the gloves every practice between periods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think you absorbed so much knowledge throughout your first two years, and these guys, when we're talking about the Jets young talent, they want to win. Garrett Wilson really impressed me here this offseason, it's like, what's your next step? He said, winning and then everything else will follow. I think collectively all the young guys on this roster feel the same way. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, they all understand what the process is, what they need to do. They have Aaron Rodgers, a guy that's won a Super Bowl. I can really kind of leave them. But I think at this point now in year three, they're really trying to fix. They've really started to figure out what the NFL needs in order for you to be successful.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Gardner, two years in the league, two time first team All Pro, two Pro Bowls, Caroline Hendershot caught up with him earlier this offseason for the latest installment of What's Your Why.
Speaker 5: I know that this team's goal this year is obviously the super Bowl, but I know Sauce always has goals of his own. What are your goals for the twenty twenty four season.
Speaker 6: Don't keep grinding, keep grinding for Defensive Player of the Year, I say last year MVP. You don't keep grinding towards that too, because you know me saying that that just means I have to do things that's never done before, you know, because obviously I don't know if the corner has ever won a MVP.
Speaker 2: Probably got up.
Speaker 6: Like I said last year, point zero zero zero a lot more zero than zero point one percent chance to accomplish in it, you know, But that's just go ahead, bring the best.
Speaker 2: Out of me.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, we break down what to look for on the offensive side of the ball throughout training camp.
Speaker 5: Contact your local Haunted dealer for a great deal today.
Speaker 7: Not every play works for us. Everything otherwise everybody in the NFL would probably call that exact same play over and over again. So there's different ways to take things away. So Aaron gives you that ability that he knows why that play was called, so he can get you to something else. I think that's something that we're always pushing and striving for. Is we know we wanted this verse, whatever we were looking for. Hey, they didn't give it to us. They change it up. Okay, Aaron, let's get to something else and let those guys get used to that potentially changing so he can get a premiere play.
Speaker 5: General manager Joe Douglass said the biggest emphasis this offseason was fortifying the offensive line, and he did that by adding three new starters. Tyron Smith Morgan Moses, and John Simpson. After playing four quarterbacks in twenty twenty three, the Jets have an accomp veteran to back up Aaron Rodgers into Rod Taylor, and both the receiver and tight edrooms are similar to last season, but the Jets added a big play receiver in Mike Williams. The biggest question with him right now is when will he be able to practice with his new teammates as he recovers from his ACL injury.
Speaker 3: So, as Caroline just mentioned, the retooled offensive line one of the major changes on the Jets, let alone just the offense, and last year in training camp we didn't get to see the week one starting.
Speaker 2: Five practice together. How important is that? EA? This time around with three new starters up front, I like.
Speaker 1: Where your mind's a continuity. I like working with you, I like working with Quincy. The bottom line is there is more of a comfort level for all these guys because this is the second time they've heard it here in this summer, and the recall is going to be better, and that means the operation from play caller to quarterback to the players, it's going to be a lot. So I anticipate the Jets to operate with even more tempo here.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and I love the fact that they had these veterans in here that will take some time off, because then you get a nice mixing match. Because the worst thing is you have somebody come in, God forbid, there is a lack of continuity.
Speaker 2: You have somebody come in and you're.
Speaker 4: Like, ah, I gotta go with this guy. I having practice with him, we don't have great communication. I can't trust him. So it gets really important to not only have the continuity but also making sure that the depth guys are getting some reps with them too, so just in case something does happen, you have a lot of guys that know how to practice and play together.
Speaker 3: Right, So from a training camp perspective, actually, my eyes go to the guys behind those guys. Jets started thirteen different combinations last year. Olu Fashion the number eleven overall. Pick Carter Warren enters year two. Like, my mind kind of goes there because specifically with those two Fashion and Warren, those two were sponges with Tyron Smith and Morgan Moses throughout the spring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're continue to see that, and Quincy knows this better than anybody that Tyron Smith Morgan moses, you're playing the long game, so you want to get valuable reps for fashion and Carter Warren.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I mean you look at it last year compared to this year, it's night and day.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: You've got some guys that are monsters on the officeive line that have proven themselves in this league, and so now they've got guys behind them that are excited to learn. And you know, I think as a young guy, you always want to learn from guys that have done it for a long time at a high level.
Speaker 2: And these guys have that look.
Speaker 3: All eyes gonna be on Aaron Rodgers, no doubt about it. We saw them no look throws in the spring. What are you looking for in training camp outside of just what you see usually, which is him slinging the ball all over the field.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna lot Q handle Aaron. I'm looking behind Aaron and seeing Tyrod Teller. You have an experienced backup quarterback the Jets upgraded at that spot, and then the young player Jordan Travis coming off injury. He's the developmental player in the room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, I think for Aaron Rodgers, you want to see him just kind of having a lot more confidence in that leg, right. I think it would be nice to see him maybe do a couple sprints, like maybe you know, throw the boat on the field and he spring all the way to the end zone. Just the kind of show I say, hey, yeah, you know, had the crowds hear him up there in training camp. I think that'd be fun to see and for him it just give him a little bit of confidence booster.
Speaker 3: Well, like Jordan Travis, you had mentioned this where you have to see where he is in his recovery.
Speaker 2: Will he or will he not take reps roount training camp.
Speaker 3: Same goes for Mike Williams probably gonna start on the physically unable to perform list. Robert Sallaz said he's on a similar timeline to Breze Hall, who did start on the pup list. He wasn't activated until August fifteenth of last year.
Speaker 2: No preseason for him.
Speaker 3: So with that being said, if Mike Williams is on a similar timeframe, which receivers are you looking for to maybe take a little more reps? Maybe you have them circled on the depth chart.
Speaker 1: Well, Williams is targeting week one for his return that he's just ready to go. We'll have to see what happens in training camp. I'm looking at Xavier Gibson if he can take another step after an impressive rookie season. And Melchi Corley is an interesting playmaker who who is gonna have to refine his rot running here in.
Speaker 4: The National Football Yeah, man, Kaye Corley is definitely gonna need to take some time to really understand the league and understand his rot running. But he's got some guys ahead of him that can really help him. I'm really excited to see the tight end group though. Right You talk about a group that had a little bit of a scare in the offseason, like maybe they're gonna draft somebody to replace us, But those guys brought nobody in and they have an opportunity to really show their confidence because the team is confident in them.
Speaker 3: Look Tyler Conklin career year last year. You imagine with Aaron Rodgers could be in for another career year in twenty twenty four. Coming up next week, break down what to watch for on the defense and on special teams throughout training camp.
Speaker 8: That is the essence of having success in the NFL, in my opinion, is continuity to play championship level football. It takes great players, number one, and it will never be any different than that. Great players.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 8: On top of that, you need these great players to hear the same things over and over and over again to the point where it becomes just part of their DNA, and unconscious competence kicks in and guys are just reacting. They're not thinking anymore. And we're starting to flirt with that now in year four with this group, So it's exciting. We've come a long way, but we still got a long way to go, and we've got the players that are capable of taking us to a whole other space.
Speaker 5: The Jets had a top five defense in twenty twenty three, led by its defensive line, but that group will look a little different this season. John Franklin Myers, and Bryce Huff are no longer on the team, but Joe Douglas made a big trade in the offseason to acquire Hassan Reddick. There are a few new faces at defensive tackle as well, like Lecky Foto and Javon Kinlaw, but the rest of the defense returns most of its starters from last season.
Speaker 3: Gwent Jefferson out Alwood's out. Javon Kinlaw and LeKi Fotu both the newcomers of the group, and it's hard to have evaluate that spot in the spring. What do you think they're going to bring to this room in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Four, Well, Solomon Thomas is back. That's a big resigning. He's coming off her career year. Javon kin Law, he reunites with Robert Salah. He was his defensive coordinator with the Niners back in twenty twenty. Sala knows what he's getting and he thinks he'll be able to pull that potential out of kin Law, who is a monster of a man. I really like his length. The Jets think he's going to be a perfect fit in this defense foto. I don't think a lot of people know about him, but the Jets think they probably got a diamond in the rough who's going to thrive in the system.
Speaker 4: Football as a whole, right, I think the trenches are the most important part of the game, So these guys are really important to the defense. You want to see them make a lot of plays in that front end, so that then it makes it easier on the back end. You have so many great players out there. I really want to see how the edge does right when Reddy gets out there, When McDonald gets out there right, we want to see him make that leap. We saw Jermaine Johnson make a terrific leap. I want to say that same thing for Will McDonald this year.
Speaker 3: I also think we talk about this new look offensive line, the defensive line is going to benefit from going up against guys like Tyron Smith and Morgan Moses's day in and day out. The other position of change, quote unquote is like safeties, the starting position next to Tony Adams. Because last year was supposed to be Chuck Clark and Jordan Whitehead. Chuck Clark hats hurt misses the year Jordan whiteheads in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 2: So Chuck Clark is now slated to start.
Speaker 3: And this is a guy who's smart, he's versatile, but he never really got his shot to show what he has with this Jets defense.
Speaker 1: If I'm a safety, this is the team I want to play with because the Jets have the top cornerback trio in football. Chuck Clark is a heady ball player. He showcased his versatility in Baltimore. I thought Tony Adams took some steps down the stretch last year and Ashton Davis Fellas he is a ball magnet. Anytime he's on the field, the ball finds him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely. I really like Chuck Clark. I want to see what he does coming off of injury. Right, he's going to be hungry because he left Baltimore. They gave a couple other guys money, they showed them more love. He came here hungry to really improve himself, had an injury, So let's see what he does coming back from this year. We have a few guys on this team that are hungry after injury on offense and defense. I want to see how they improve.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Tony Adams, that's another guy. I like him, but I want to see more from him. I really want to see him take that next step this year. Now he's the older guy in the safety room in terms of I know this defense a little bit more. I've played in it, so it'll be exciting to see. And in Ashington, dapis man, the guy just shows up. You don't ask too much of him, but every time he comes out there, he makes a play.
Speaker 2: The new cover of the room too.
Speaker 3: We all thought Isaiah Oliver signed in the offseason was going to be a quarter transitioning him to safety, and then in terms of the Jets' special teams, the specialists are back. We know that big wrinkle in the equation is that there's a new kickoff rule. So it's going to be interesting to see who rotates back there and how Brent Boyer approaches Week one, which is probably going to be a crap show.
Speaker 1: I don't anticipate Brent Boyer showing too much in the preseason, I mean, but it's gonna be interesting to see how teams do approach this, not just on the practice field, but are they going to hold their cards into Week one? This could be a monsterous change throughout the week.
Speaker 4: Absolutely make kickoffs great again. I think one of the things that made Boyer so great was his creativity, and I think over the years they've really kind of taken that away from him. Right, There's been so many things that have made kickoffs not as exciting. So this year you're getting the opportunity to see, Okay, what can he do? How can he be a little bit more creative and really kind of show something out there with the returners that he has. You signed Tari Cohen, a guy that's done some kickoff returns. Obviously you still have gifts, so it'll be an exciting.
Speaker 1: Year coming up.
Speaker 3: Next, we're gonna tell you which specific players you need to keep an eye on throughout training camps.
Speaker 5: Contact your local Haunted dealer for a great deal today.
Speaker 2: But I did my stumping grounds right here, man.
Speaker 8: I was a little kids wearing a gestures of the school, running around the backyard.
Speaker 1: This is really what you found out your WILDLFE. What's your reason to playing football?
Speaker 2: I came here, but I knew I wasn't finna be done here.
Speaker 1: I don't finna be average.
Speaker 2: I gotta do this thing until I can no more.
Speaker 8: Until I physical.
Speaker 2: We can't have sings for a while. How would you compare him to DJ andor Reeve?
Speaker 8: And he's just like, I'm gonna do everything full for us until the wheels falloffs.
Speaker 1: He'll cut you down.
Speaker 3: Make sure you tune in tomorrow night on our Jets Digital Properties for a brand new series of the Emmy Award winning one JD Film's Team the Sports World will get an up close look at how the stars of the New York Jets rose to professional football, shot on location all over the country, Origins takes you to where it all began with the stories of sacrifice and triumph on the road to the NFL. Around the corner from Origins is the start of training camp. All right, So let's go with a couple questions here, everyone's favorite question breakout player to watch At training Campa.
Speaker 1: We were talking a lot about the offensive line. How about Joe Tipman, the second year center. Remember last year he actually started at guard. Now he is at the pivot. It's got a better command. A lot of people talked about how he was more vocal throughout the spring. So I wanted to see him take that next step. And I'm betting on you Mullet, what.
Speaker 2: About you Quincy.
Speaker 4: I'm rooting for the hometown guy, Jeremy Rutger. I need to see the breakout from him. I want to see him really show up. I talked about it before, they were thinking about bringing somebody into a place these guys. That was the talk I should say, and nothing happens. So now you get that extra confidence booster. The team loves me. They want me to go and prove myself. So this is the year, this is the time.
Speaker 2: And Robert Saal and Joe Douglass.
Speaker 3: Both talked very highly of Jeremy Rutcker, also a year three player with Garrett and saw same draft class newcomer to watch.
Speaker 2: Where are you going?
Speaker 1: We talked about Kim Law before. I'm gonna be watching him because he's got really freaky athletic traits. And again, we've seen this happen in the past where free agents have joined the Jets along that defensive front and they end up having career years and the Jets get the best out of him. It starts all in training camp. I know Robert Solid is excited to coach him up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking at Brayley now, and this guy is a monster.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, I've walked up to him the other day and I saw him. I said, whoa, this is a running back, Like he looks like a linebacker. So I want to see what the Jets can do with him, especially because you have Breese Hall, so that could be a nice little thunder and lightning combination.
Speaker 1: Then I gotta imagine you don't walk up to too many dudes and say, wow, you're impressive.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, I mean listen, especially at running back like a guy like that was like, whoa, you're a running back. You know, you see the stats, but when you see him up and up close, that's, you know.
Speaker 1: Twenty years old too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still growing. He's the youngest player in the league.
Speaker 3: He's not going to turn twenty one until after the football season, which is crazy to think about. And then we have to end on probably the most common training camp question, most heated position battle.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people are going to look to safety and they might look to kick returner. I'm actually gonna stay right there at running back because the Jets draft a pair of running backs to compete behind Breese Hall. I like what I saw out of Allen in the spring, and I like what I saw out of Isaiah Davis as well. Those are both big backs who were very productive on the collegiate level. Don't forget about Israel Abana Kanda. So who is going to emerge amongst that group once these guys put the pads on?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know you talked about some people might go to kick returning. I'm definitely going to kick return I want to see I want to see who is going to be that guy for this team. Right, this is a whole new year. Kick returns are going to look different. Who's gonna be the guys gonna show up? Who are going to be the guys that are going to show up?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Like, maybe they might put somebody else out there. I would like to see, maybe, right, Jason Brown to get an opportunity.
Speaker 2: Who can be exciting?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Who can we get the ball in our hands? Like, you want to put a lot of guys on the field, and this is a perfect opportunity for guys to show up.
Speaker 3: Look, we could break this down every which way possible.
Speaker 2: That's all the time we have tonight.
Speaker 3: Just a reminder, set, I have an open practices in training camp, three joint practices. All three precede the three preseason games. You gotta keep it locked in right here because Training Camp Live. We're coming to you pretty much every week throughout training camp.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you watching. We'll see in a couple of days