Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. The Ravens took down the Los Angeles Rams thirty seven to thirty one in thrilling fashion on Sunday. Tyland Wallace delivered the game winning punt return. This is something that Ravens fans are gonna be talking about for a long time. It was an unforgettable game and finish, and now the Ravens improved a ten and three on the season. After the game, we had a chance to talk with the hero of the day, wide receiver and kick returner and punt returner Tylan Wallace.
Speaker 2: Doing Kyl and take us through your emotions as you catch a varney if you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, going into it.
Speaker 4: Obviously with a duke going down, me having to step up into that role, I hadn't, like y'all were saying, I haven't really had too many in game punt returns, So main main thing for me, I'm like, especially with the weather.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I just need to catch it first for anything.
Speaker 4: But on that play, you know, we had the return set up and I was like, this is you know, a perfect opportunity to put the game away, you know, and shout out to the guys blocking for me. Man, they it was wide open, so I appreciate them helping me out.
Speaker 5: And I just saw the crease and I just took it.
Speaker 3: I saided.
Speaker 4: You know, it just feels great to be able to make a difference in the game and help the team win.
Speaker 2: The time afterwards, just saw you sitting on the bench for a little while, just kind of sitting here all end.
Speaker 6: Can you take us inside your mind what you're thinking at that point?
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure. Well, for one, I was out of breath, for sure.
Speaker 4: I was trying to I was like, let me catch my breath, trying to celebrate talking to everybody, So that's one thing I was trying to do. But just and then I wanted to sit down and you know, just just taking the moment. You know, moments like this, don't you know, you could say, once in a lifetime moment, So you know, to be able to sit.
Speaker 5: Down and just soak that all in while catch my breath.
Speaker 3: At the same time, you.
Speaker 7: Grew up, lamar say that guys were saying you got time.
Speaker 8: Is it silent for you or can you actually hear guys on the side.
Speaker 7: I don't hear none of that.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie to you if I don't hear nothing on the sideline. But I kind of saw in my perfect the guys were doing a great job blocking for me, so I saw I had some time. And then once I took off, I saw the crease guys just had a lane for me, and I just said, I just gotta go run as fast as I came through it, and you know, try and the guy.
Speaker 2: When the guy clipped your foot of your leg along the sideline and you kind of kept your balance, did you feel close to going down at at some point.
Speaker 7: Or for sure?
Speaker 5: For sure, I was like that I was about to go down. I'm like, I can't go down right here. I made it this far.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I keep going. I gotta stay up, you know.
Speaker 5: So, uh, that's kind of what was going through my mind in that moment.
Speaker 3: Starting to bring up at a low point. But it feels like such a part of the story. I mean, that penalty that you had in the middle of the game.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you would beat yourself up for where you kind of looking to maybe make a difference and have a play where you can make a difference.
Speaker 4: Oh, most definitely, you know, like I said, you know, I'm I'm more than the coaches are.
Speaker 5: You could say I'm harder on myself than they are.
Speaker 4: You know, going in, I knew I was having their kind of a rough game on special teams going early on, so you know, to be able to come back and you know, just wipe that all the way and come back and make a play like that on special teams at that Uh, just it it means the world to me be able to do something like that.
Speaker 7: How did that fly to grooms?
Speaker 9: Talking pictures for a while and then obviously they've put you out there for return.
Speaker 3: What was that talk like? What was it like getting that responsibility after this? For sure?
Speaker 4: They were telling me, you know, just you know, it's you know, what happens. You know, the penalties happen. Obviously, don't want to happen too often, but you know, just to wipe that away, you know, dou went down to, all right, you know, we trust you back there, so we're gonna put you back there, and just you know, I appreciate them for believing in me to be back there and to make plays for the team. So that was kind of the talk.
Speaker 2: You're talking about the fall security concerned you had, I mean, the Rams return, he hobbled it twice and dropped it twice. I mean that add to sort of the tension your feeling is you're waiting for the bunk for the kid for sure.
Speaker 4: I mean, you go back there and you see the other team dropping it, you know, you're kind of like, oh man, you know, but you know, I believe in I believed in myself. I believe what I can do, and I knew, you know, what I'm capable of. So I just knew I had to go back there, and I knew I had the the ball was really the team, you know, so I had to make sure I took care of the ball and take care of the team and the rest take care of yourself.
Speaker 3: How tough was it to staying I mean the team like it was pretty.
Speaker 7: How tough is it to stay in bounce when when you don't have that.
Speaker 4: Much of the space that Yeah, it was tough. Like I said, they did a great job blocking, so there was enough space for me just to squeeze through. But I just knew I wanted to. I had to stay in bounds to get as many yards as I could. Originally, and then as soon as uh we was starting to stumble and realize like, oh, you know I could I can stay up.
Speaker 3: I can go score.
Speaker 5: So I was like I tried to stay up and do that the one more fare.
Speaker 10: Time on the off side called time. Did you line up the team differently? I think? Was there anything different about how you lined up on there?
Speaker 2: Did you check anything?
Speaker 4: Or was there I mean, I mean I probably should have checked with the ref before I got there, kind of looked at it. If it was it was maybe very slight. But like I said, that's on me. I gotta check with the rev.
Speaker 5: Make sure I'm good before I just line up real quick.
Speaker 11: You guys, we know how many how much focus you on special themes.
Speaker 3: To practice of the people watch you all the time, But can you estimate how many reps you get as a pumper returner a week? Like how often do you do it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: I get a a decent amount.
Speaker 4: I'd probably say if I had to throw a number on it, I'll probably say about maybe five, five or six maybe, But you know, just I just I, like I said, I know what what I'm capable of. I know what I can do, you know, so getting the reps that I need and practice, you know, I make sure I get those that I need and know when of my numbers called, I just gotta go there and execute under.
Speaker 7: One hundred year, over a thousand days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, plust make something like that, and so I've been doing it for a while.
Speaker 5: And not in the game.
Speaker 1: That was Tyler Wallace who delivered the big play in this game. We also talked with head coach John Harmon.
Speaker 12: Just a treminous, amazing victory and congratulations to our players from making the playsmen. It had to be made, and also to the Rams. That's a really good football team. Sean had those guys ready to play. They played great football, Stafford Donald, the defense, every one of their players played great football.
Speaker 7: The whole game is your hard fought win.
Speaker 12: What thing I want to share with you is kind of what we shared with the team this week, and the guys talked about the time of year, all right, and the fact that there are moments in life and this is your time, all right. Five hundred years from now, none of us going to be around five hundred years from now, none of us were here. So we're giving this time with these people in this place for a purpose. And there's December, and the time is December. December football has a meaning to it, right, and it's preparation for great events to come, and you got to put yourself in pas with December football for what's to come. It's also the advent season. Advent comes from the Latin adventos, which means anticipation, in preparation for an amazing event, which is the coming of our Savior and celebrating the Christ, all right, the good news that changes the world and changes it for all eternity. And so I think our guys showed an amazing display of December football, and it was pretty darn exciting, wasn't it. So I was talking to the phones to myself, shut the deal off so nobody could hear me, and I just kind of said, I said, well, it's nothing you can do right now, you know. I guess I was talking to God, and I said, you know, some overtime the end of game, and overtime football the player's game. It's a player's game, and the game belongs to the players, and players will find a way to step up and make plays and that's how these games are won. And that's what our guys did. And that's the amazing event I'm talking about this December in this game in this stadium today, December football. It just couldn't be more proud of those guys because it was mountains and valleys, there was peaks and there was lows in that game. It's a national football toge in December, I guess, a very worthy opponent, and our guys just weathered all those storms figuratively and literally out there and found a way to make those plays to win the game at the end. As a coach, there's nothing better than that. What questions you have, who reminded.
Speaker 7: You that you had to go shake the hands of the pools? Get?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well here's what happened. I ran all the way down there, and I tried to get involved, you know, I was diving over the top of the pile and everything, and it was and it was fast, and I went really fast in my own mind, right, I jumped around, jumped around that I lost my headset and everything. And then I got I think God probably reminded me, I got the Holy Spirit maybe something. It was a small still voice in my head said you got to go shake hands with you with Sean, who was my friend. And so I ran back and like all my my legs I lacked. The acid had built up and I had nothing left all right, So I cramped up on the way back, But he was gracious enough to wait for me, which I appreciate.
Speaker 8: You mentioned about it's a it's a player's game in overtime, right, But what does it mean to a team when a guy like Thailand Wallace makes the play to win it? I mean, you take it anyway, you know, Lamar the offense, zay O'Dell. But it's but it's Thailand who does What does it mean in a broader sense to the team?
Speaker 12: That, to me is a really great point because you're talking about amazing events, right, and that's the beauty of football. That's the amazing thing about football. It is the ultimate team game, right, And the guys were so happy for Thailand in the locker room. You'll see the celebration in the locker room after the game with all the water and everything, and the guy's going crazy.
Speaker 7: When you see it, you're.
Speaker 12: Gonna, you're gonna, you're gonna know exactly what I'm talking about. That celebration right there is what it means.
Speaker 11: Which normally will have three or four or five guys practice punk returning in any given week during practice, right, whose.
Speaker 3: Decision is it to Stuberna's down Wallace? Why why Wallace?
Speaker 12: Well, he was our guy that was already set, so he was here. That was the pecking order, so to speak. And then the other person in there is a Flowers, which we did talk about and consider putting Zay out there too.
Speaker 7: But Thailand really, you.
Speaker 12: Know, he's here's a here's a veteran player, fourth year guy who's kind of been through it, you know, and he just kind of felt like it was It wasn't a conscious thing. It's like he just felt like, Oh, he deserves it, He's.
Speaker 7: Ready for that moment.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 12: Did you think he's gonna take it back to the house. No, but I thought he'd catch it, you know, maybe make a guy miss. And and you know, you could see how tough it was to catch those punts out there. So another amazing event advent John, you.
Speaker 2: Were describing obviously you're run to be more of celebration. When we saw you on camera screaming right into the camera. Can you forgot when that you got caught up emotionally? Look that didn't involve playoffs like this one.
Speaker 12: I can't, I can't I don't know. I'm this was this is really special. I don't know why it was so emotional this one. I don't have any idea why. I don't know if it's probably no logic to it.
Speaker 7: It just was.
Speaker 12: It just was give him what you all think this team can do.
Speaker 7: Do you like having a.
Speaker 2: Moment like this, like this new fork moment where you kind of or something to the fire, not just another routine win.
Speaker 3: Is there something to be.
Speaker 7: Said for this and sort of the story of your season?
Speaker 12: These things, well, it's a chapter written in the story, and we'll see, you know. I mean, that's the thing. It's like, we'll we'll be looking back at this moment saying it was a galvanizing moment. The team has been galvanized, so maybe the galvanization is reflected, you know in a moment like this, you know, and for everybody to see. I think the guys all know that already. But hey, you know what, we got a we got a really tough game in Jacksonville coming up on Sunday night, right, So that's what we'll be thinking about after we get back to work. For now, we're all gonna go have nice, a nice evening.
Speaker 9: Lamar's play to last drive in regulation and then.
Speaker 3: You know, have this type of game to those type of positions.
Speaker 12: Yeah, La Martyrs are so much craz you forget Lamar sometimes all these other things are happening, and we're not gonna talk about Lamar Jackson, who drove the offense, okay, and then guys stepped up and made plays. But his poison the pocket. How about the offensive line? There were times when he had a lot of time back there in the pocket and could could kind of search things out. And I give their coverage a lot of credit too, But our guys runs around, scrambles, finds guys downfield. He's a very unique player, you know, and most of the time it works out really great, just like any player, but he's he's one of a kind. You know, there's nobody like Lamar Jackson. Update Kyle Hansen both are being evaluated. Kyle and Devin are both being evaluated right now, so we'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 13: On Thailand is a guy going back to training camp, talked about trying to make the team and so forth, and then here we are and we you know, fourteen, and it makes that sort of play doesn't go down, you know.
Speaker 7: On the sideline.
Speaker 13: What does that say I guess about him as a player where he's come from from there.
Speaker 12: Now, yeah, I think that's a great point to me, Like words couldn't express what it says. It says what you see and you see it. That's says it all, you know. And I think that point right there that you just made, is it. That's the beauty of this whole thing. That's why we're riveted by the game, by the players who play the game.
Speaker 3: In their stories.
Speaker 12: It's just I just love it. I just love it. To me again, advent Man, amazing events.
Speaker 6: Think us through just the significance of that drive by Lamar at the end to tie to get her to put you guys up, because you also, if you recalled, was the first option two point conversion out of that The first option was the.
Speaker 12: Flat Isaiah the first and then Lamar held it. I mean, you know, it looked like you might have got it in there for the two point of now one, but Lamar, you know, I guess he wanted to make sure, you know, and he's got so much poise, you know, the drive, the long yardage, I mean the touchdown pass on the third and long, that was incredible.
Speaker 3: Throw incredible catch.
Speaker 12: I means they making that grab like that on the run and then the two point play odds Like you said, Lamar, what.
Speaker 14: Did you see on the de Marcus Rompson touchdown? And tried the challenge it, but they did a lot of Yeah, I was kind of looking.
Speaker 12: There's more about getting the time out. You know, I thought maybe maybe he stepped out of bounds, but I know they look at that. But really what it was was just getting organized for the for the two point play call. You know, they don't they go fast in those now. They don't give you time really, and you know, I think I did, We all did, but I really wanted to make sure we had the right call. So that's a way to get a time out right there from twenty yards away, John, what.
Speaker 3: Was the explanation on the Lamar? They called it a sack, but it looked pretty clear.
Speaker 2: That he had got a complete and they.
Speaker 12: Didn't explain it and they said he was down by contact. They said, we're gonna wind it right away. All right, Thanks, all right, thanks, he manure.
Speaker 1: I said coach John Harbaugh. We also heard from quarterback Lamar Jackson, who threw three touchdowns in this victory.
Speaker 7: What are the emotions coming?
Speaker 2: What'd you right now after.
Speaker 4: A game like that?
Speaker 7: I still swearing that was crazy. That was a wild game, man, Shout out the top.
Speaker 14: The emotion is right now. It's a lecturer right now. You know it's not a championship, but it was almost cursed. But it was like playoffs, playoff atmosphere. You know, it was a team game, team win. But shout out the on the return team, cause that was a heck of a return.
Speaker 7: That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Mark any can he talk about the touchdown to day and in the regulation?
Speaker 10: What what you were looking for on that play and what you saw?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Well spoken, that was what I play.
Speaker 14: Called Nelly well, of course called the player and I gave uh, I gave him a preview on the huddle. Uh, Nelly was telling me, you know, if if we do that play, he don't run to the safety and run him out of the you know the window, they say he should be wide open. And that's exactly what happened. You know, we read the courage. Safety jumped Nelly and they did the rest.
Speaker 6: L Martin said, uh so, Helston Agular said.
Speaker 14: That in the huddle, yup, cause usually the play he just he usually run his shorter and the safety woulda been you know, just it would have been single high, you know.
Speaker 7: But Nellie knew he was gonna run with him.
Speaker 14: If he ran and got on his toes and ran past him, he.
Speaker 7: Would thought he would have been open.
Speaker 14: But if Nelly didn't do that, if Nelly would have did that, he would have been open and the safe would have stayed.
Speaker 7: But that was just a heck of a play.
Speaker 3: You can said, you and Aaron Donald did your face like, how tough.
Speaker 14: Of throwers that it was Aaron Donald. That's that's a tough pro, you know. But I trust my guys and I believe my li m. I believe my old line. You know, they did a heck of a job all day, you know to probably two SATs gave up. But where Aaron Donna and at that front forward, that's that's great.
Speaker 7: You know your mar what the well other they was there?
Speaker 3: Uh if you trouble holding.
Speaker 7: The ball for sometimes, you know, but no excuses. It's football.
Speaker 14: You gotta learn how to find those conditions and sh on this East coast, I would rather be by polar So we gotta just be prepared no matter what mar like, the deep.
Speaker 10: Ball was quite enough, sistere and you threw like played a few, attempted a few more.
Speaker 3: Just what's that? What that song?
Speaker 7: I wish i'd had no mean to cut you off. I wish I'd have had those other few.
Speaker 14: I was felt like I got too excited cause I seen them just flying, you know, but I shoulda just kept my porson delivering 'em like I did.
Speaker 7: Early on in the game.
Speaker 14: And it probably with the game, probably would have been fast and over time, but sh we got.
Speaker 3: To do it up. That was part. How does a game like this, when yups and downs or.
Speaker 7: Went like this, prepared you guys for what if I say, had set again?
Speaker 2: How does a game like this but y'all sit down to the win like this prepare you guys.
Speaker 7: For what to happen? I mean, we got what it is.
Speaker 14: Four more teams, tough teams, tough opponents, playoff teams.
Speaker 7: Rams. It's definitely a playoff team. We just saw that to day.
Speaker 14: You know, we just gotta be prepared, stay locked in each and every drive cause these type of games we gotta score points well or or you.
Speaker 2: You've had games this year where haven't been able to to have drives like you did in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: What did it feel like to kind of turn that around today and have of that.
Speaker 14: Draw that got drive at the end of regulation, just proven we can make it happen, you know when we really needed Uh, we down tryna win the game. We don't wanna put 'em back out down the field, but you know that's we just gotta score.
Speaker 7: We gotta score and we deliver our off whole offense office.
Speaker 14: Line did great r running backs, receivers, they're awesome tight ends.
Speaker 7: It's whole team effort. Total team effort high today.
Speaker 2: But also on the snapped by Tyler uh where it didn't seem like the the offense was ready.
Speaker 14: What happened on that play just miscommunication, you know, gave him free to Uh that's probably why we was in overtime, but got the dove. So you gonna hit the drawing boards and we're gonna talk about it and shouldn't happen again.
Speaker 3: Marre was your LR?
Speaker 2: What's your advantage point on Pilot's pupflica where you watching on the video?
Speaker 7: How? How how were you?
Speaker 3: How do you watch it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 14: I was I was prepared to go back on the field. I thought that was gonna be like a fair catch or something. But you know, people on the side, like you have time telling her time.
Speaker 7: He got time. I guess he heard it. And man, he just he went crazy.
Speaker 14: Just now, that look like a movie Like I was sitting in the locker room like he just showed his but he just showed his tail. You know, he just showed off. And man, that was just a spectacular return.
Speaker 7: That was crazy.
Speaker 11: M Well, Mark, how good do you feel for a guy like him who hasn't got a ton of opportunities offensive leave, He's never returned to punt and his NFL rail or she's in career to kind of come through like that in that spot and to be ready to come through.
Speaker 14: I feel like I just returned to you know, I'm more excited than the tie, you know. Uh, man, he just she just showed his tale. Like I said, Man, I'm very excited for you know, cause you know know what the future may hold and he just he just showed out, just show it out.
Speaker 13: What you mentioned a few times in recent weeks, you know, it's felt like a playoff atmosphere. Why has that been the case and and what do you take out of that drop?
Speaker 7: Just you know, every team is out to win. They tryna win.
Speaker 14: You know, some teams not in the playoff pitch or some aren't a hunt and stuff like that. And I I believe, just us being in Baltimore Ravens, every team wanna beat us.
Speaker 7: They gonna give us their bet shot.
Speaker 14: So that's why I say it's a playoff game, cause every time we go out there, that's what it's gonna be.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: Sometimes it's gonna be ups and down.
Speaker 14: Sometimes we might have a smooth selling game, but I believe every game is a playoff game cause we're in the NFL.
Speaker 10: More, was there anything being said on the sideline as you've seen your defense get the three and out stop and over time and it all's about to come back before Thailand takes it all the way, where you gonna say anything with that?
Speaker 14: I mean, we pretty much know, you know, we go over situational situations and practice every day, you know, so we we know feel goal would win the game. But I guess Tasa he wanted to score, So that's what it was. Put the icing on the Kate saved leg.
Speaker 1: That was quarterback Lamar Jackson. We also had a chance to hear from defensive tackle Justin Mattabik, who delivered another sack in this game. Mattabik has now at least a half sack and ten straight games. It's been a pretty stellar season for him. And he talked about this defensive performance of what this win means for the team.
Speaker 11: On the sideline, talk about what you were thinking on the sideline and I and you guys have just gotten off the field up for three.
Speaker 9: Now for the tom Walls, just win the game. We just want to win the game. That game was just hills and valleys, ups and downs. We were down, we were up, we were rusty, but then we got hot. It was just a crazy game, but on gud we got the win in dramatic fashion, ten and three.
Speaker 3: God's good.
Speaker 14: The game first start, they actually march down field running the ball.
Speaker 7: What was the adju justice you guys made to uh shut them down into that.
Speaker 3: Just getting off a box quicker.
Speaker 9: Uh, Mike came to us on the sideline, was like, you know they want you to hold onto the box, and uh, what you need to do is just shut them quick, you know what I mean. They were just doing a lot of duos and the interior Tryna Conjo linebackers like Peq and Row. So he was telling us, Uh, making emphasis and just shitting blocks and making tackles quick a line of scrimmage.
Speaker 3: So that's what we try to do. That's what we did. As you said, hills and valleys.
Speaker 2: I mean you had that give the three points that led over time, how did the defense in your line to kind of reconvene and and and to get that stop.
Speaker 3: Uh, we just keep plowing, just j just keep.
Speaker 9: Going hard, just keep trusting the game plan and just never giving up, just never giving up. That was just w We knew it's gonna come to the wire. The score where was tight, both teams were firing, So just keep fighting.
Speaker 3: That's what we did.
Speaker 2: I believe it's a ten straat game for you at least.
Speaker 7: Hat set continue today.
Speaker 3: What I what is that streets me into you?
Speaker 9: It's it's funny everybody's telling me like wisdom and wisdom me and it's just just a lot of hard work, you know. And obviously I told myself I need to I need to step up and be the best defense attack in the league. And it's you know, there's a lot of guys in the league that's really great, but I believe in myself and I just uh put in the work and just trusting the guys around me, Dafay, van Nuyt, County Piers, everybody, Broughty and just trying to coordinate rushes and just you know, everybody's eating you know, we're leading the whole league as a defensive sack. So it's not just me. It's not just me at all. It's everybody on the on the team. So I'm just I'm just happy to be here, just to play these guys.
Speaker 7: Man, It's it's a privilege.
Speaker 2: Trust you hit Stafford a couple of times, but it's is he one of the harder quarterbacks to get to because he gets hurt of the ball as quickly as he does.
Speaker 9: I I can't say that. I I I I think they're all quarterbacks just trying to get it away quickly. He's a great quarterback. But I I will I wouldn't make a uh emphasis on how quick hard it was to get to him. I just tryna win my rush and just get you know, just get to him and get us our deepens off the field.
Speaker 6: Really justin I I know you got the history from with Aaron Donald, from training him a couple.
Speaker 7: Of years ago.
Speaker 3: Uh, did you get a chance to catch up with before the game? After game?
Speaker 9: No, everybody was huh uh hug and Tower that the game. So when I went to go drive to see him, it was gone.
Speaker 3: Uh. I saw one of my boys, bro uh Bobby Brown, Uh do linem In on the rams.
Speaker 9: I played with him in college. Chop it up with him. He's doing well and you know, you just say he's proud of me and stuff like that. But you know, I'm just trying to get better every way I can.
Speaker 10: So that's an easier, harder to battle in this weather.
Speaker 3: Was that an advantage or disadvantage.
Speaker 7: To you at all?
Speaker 3: I love the rain. I love the rain. I love uh honestly anywhether for me, it don't matter.
Speaker 9: As long as I thought my boys will uh uh with me some food in my m in my belly and some Gatoray, I'm good.
Speaker 3: So it's all about the mindset, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: No matter what's go going on the outside, it's all about your y, your mindset and your focus.
Speaker 3: So that just might take on it.
Speaker 1: That was just about a BK. And in the locker room we also heard from a veteran wide receiver Odell Beckham junior. Now, this was a big day for Odell. He was going up against his old team. Saw has a lot of friends over there on the Rams sideline. Of course, won a Super Bowl within two years ago, but now he's on the Ravens side. He had a big game, including a long touchdown pass. He talked about this win and what it meant for this team.
Speaker 8: Ever been part of a finish, You've been part of bigger games, but a finish.
Speaker 15: Like that, I oh know that one goes up I lost my voice and them there, that one goes up there, Man, just to see Tyre running down, all the hard work that he puts into, just a mental resiliency that he had to have to overcome some things that happened to him earlier in the game. And our brother Duve went down and he had to step up and make a play. So that's just you know what the mentality is is always.
Speaker 3: The next guy.
Speaker 2: Ember.
Speaker 15: That was one of those ones, man, that goes in there as you know one and you'll you'll remember forever.
Speaker 2: I mean, you seem like Gary kay up.
Speaker 1: And playing some of your basketball.
Speaker 2: How good do you feel?
Speaker 6: That was?
Speaker 15: Why you have a success right now, Just making the most of the opportunities, you know, just starting to feel better. You know, early in the season, I felt really good coming in the season, and then some things happened I didn't feel so good. And now you know, I'm starting to feel a little bit better. Just got a firing ways to do whatever I can to help his team win.
Speaker 13: What did you see on your your touchgown? Look like you've gotten pretty good with that little fake inside.
Speaker 15: And then well, the good news is I scored. The bad news as I ran the wrong route the the double move was to the other side. But you know it just god, I got a plan, so it happened to work out.
Speaker 3: What do you think about Lamar?
Speaker 7: It seems like special past past couple of games.
Speaker 3: It's really trying to stretch the field out there, yep.
Speaker 15: And it just you know, comes with games, game reps. You know, you could practice at all you want, but until you see it in the game, you don't know how it's gonna work out. But this is this is why they gave him, you know, paid him the big bucks. He's he's very special and just starting to find and figure him out. We'll be a dangerous team. Just gotta take care of all these little things.
Speaker 1: Can you describe the mentality in the huddle? End of regulation and you guys need to go down there and and and score, And the more orchestrat's that drive, obviously say caps it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Same with a just a mental resiliency early in the game. You know there might have been a player too that he could have back or want back, and was just letting him know, like, bruh, it's gonna come down to you in the biggest moment in the game, and you're gonna be ready for it, so just let it go. So this is just a mentally resilient team. Uh, we just found a way to win against a very good team on the other side.
Speaker 3: You did you have a talent? You turn and did you see John running to the end zone? I've seen everybody.
Speaker 15: I j I was a little tired, so I already knew he was gonna score. I just had to let him.
Speaker 3: We'll catch him down that way.
Speaker 15: But you know, he he broke a tackle two, three, four, I don't know how many. He just it was a plate that he wanted it bad. So I'm just happy for him. Uh, happy we found a way to get to win.
Speaker 3: When you win a game like this, do you do you does it? Do you allow yourself to think something special is going on?
Speaker 7: Can you?
Speaker 1: Can you look at it that way?
Speaker 15: Now? I mean, I guess I feel like, you know, the guys over here, we've thought of something special since training camp, you know, and then it's it's a week by week process to to make it all work.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 15: Before signing over here, I thought that there was something special going on. It it's just you know, certain things God has for you know, man could take. You know, you look at it and all the stars are aligned. S. Same when I went to the LA Rams and I was like, before the season started, I was like, ooh, it's the Super Bowls and so far I was like, I wanna be playing there.
Speaker 3: And then you signed with LA and and it's home. You know, you're in your home stadium.
Speaker 15: Same over here two thousand, two thousand twelve, Well, the Super Bowls gonna be in two thousand twenty four. So it's just things that you look at that that just happened.
Speaker 3: To a line.
Speaker 15: But it starts with us doing the the day to day process, the the winning you know, one and oh each week, all the things that Harbs talks about.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's just where it starts. What was the reaction to your friend of mees what you're from the ram Ah?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 15: It just it's all love, you know what I mean. I couldn't just have a hoodie with them on it. I had to you know, let 'em know that I'm on this team.
Speaker 7: But it's still it's still love.
Speaker 15: These are guys that I shared moments with that you know, every player in their career wishes for. So it's nothing but love on my side. You know, I was at mcveigh's wedding. You know, I still have a a little thread with Coop and stuff for Like, these are people that y you know, you keep up with and you always root for.
Speaker 13: What from that experience do you think you brought here?
Speaker 3: If anything?
Speaker 15: Uh, just the understanding to to win, to know the big moments like you It's hard to explain it, uh, I guess in short experience, I I is always the greatest teacher and being able to be over there see how it got done to know what kind of team and caliber team that they had to know what kind of caliber team we have if not you know, a more talented team, it now it's just about putting it all together and and uh, finding ways.
Speaker 2: To win well.
Speaker 4: Thell you talked about mentals who have time.
Speaker 7: How people that be like down the streets.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna always be key.
Speaker 15: You know, you gotta one player at the time, on drive at a time, you know, one game at a time. Some things you just gotta let go and and that'll be you know, other moments that come up or you have to overcome things.
Speaker 3: It's just how football is.
Speaker 15: So it's gonna happen later down the line, and we'll just continue to be this team that we're we're we're building right now.
Speaker 7: Ordelle, how's warm place? Huh, Lamar, I'm sure start up.
Speaker 3: The more is your the touchdowns? To say something that Agilar kind.
Speaker 7: Of told him he could change his route that you get a lot more often?
Speaker 15: Does that happen?
Speaker 3: And and how key is that for you guys to kind of put.
Speaker 2: Your flock round.
Speaker 15: It wasn't so much a change of route. It's more of the unselfishness by the guys in our room. Nelson, you know, he said, I'm gonna run as hard as I can. Probably I'm gonna clear it's gonna be wide open for his say and that's exactly what he did. It's just a mentality we have in our room, Like you wanna see your brothers, you know, if theay scores, I scored, if I scored, Nelly scored, if Nelly scored, t I scored, Like.
Speaker 3: It's just the mentality that we have.
Speaker 15: We're a close group and we're all rooting for each other's success and we're all doing exactly what we need to have each other be successful.
Speaker 1: That was Odell Beckham Junior. And you're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. Make sure you leave a rating and a review and check out the Lounge podcast feed as well for a full breakdown on this win. Thanks for listening. We'll be back with you tomorrow.