Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. Qualcom, Well, it's steering deeper into the auto industry, teaming up with BMW to debut it's new Snapdragon ride Pilot. It's an automated driving platform designed to be safety and driver assistance. The system is just being rolled out in the all new BMWIX three. Let's bring in Qualcom CEO, Cristiano, I'm on for more. You call it a revolutionary driver assistance system. How is your software that different?
Speaker 2: Look, We are incredibly excited about what we did with BMW. It has been three years in development, focus on safety, and it's different for a number of reasons. I think the first one is one of the things you saw about BMW I X three. It's the incredible range. So when you talk about assistant driving in autonomy, to put server class computing power in INTEL'ST cars, and with Qualcom technology, there's no compromise. You have all the computing power, but you still have efficiency on power consumption. You can get incredible range. The second thing is scalable. It goes into every tier car, so we're super excited about it.
Speaker 3: Christiano. I've been studying the snap Dragon ride Pilot. The sec architecture the software piece. This is highly analogous with the camera based system that Tesla has right with FSD. You just talked about it being scalable for that reason, did you benchmark against that?
Speaker 2: So two different important parts. First, the architecture is scalable, starting from basic level ADS all the way to multiple cameras and multiple sensors for you to do navigation on autopilot and the urban environment and high wain environments. That means it can scale to entre level AIDA systems and entry level cars all the way to the full cupabilities. The other thing is has been certified now in sixty countries and going. It is launching and a lot of people will be able to see the performers. Actually, we're super excited for people to see how it performs. And one thing that is great about this we've done this with BMW, but it's available for the entire industry, every OEM. We'll be able to use it and BMW inn welcome. We want that and people will be able to see it compare and I think that's a great opportunity.
Speaker 3: You know, my question was one of sort of an academic one because it's the argument of a camera based only system from an economic standpoint versus also including lidar and radar. But you're super focused on the compute, not just performance but energy usage of the compute. Could you talk a little bit about how you engineered to that level.
Speaker 2: Yes, Qualcom dna ED is it's about efficient computing because we design all of our chips assuming there's a battery on the other side, it's not plugged to the wall. So I think you have the benefit of a lot of the Qualcom energy efficiency compute, and you have the ability to get a lot of the computing power required in an architecture that's actually incredibly efficient from a thermal management and from a power management. The second thing to fully answer your poer question is you do have the capabilities to do navigates on autopilot in urban and high environments even if you have complex sensors or cameras and radars.
Speaker 1: Chris, you want to push us forward because your real focus on auto has been one of diversification of Qualcom more broadly. Of course, the auto sector has its trials and tribulations. How much is this going to drive growth for you for the business in the longer.
Speaker 2: Term, Caroline, that's a great question. Remember we talked about our pipeline of forty five billion dollars in automotive, which is kind of translating into revenue. We see quarter after quarter record revenue for Qualkon, especially because it's not about moving with the size of the market. Is moving into share as new cars or a lounge for technology. The pipeline is converting. And I look at this stack that we're launching on the Snapdragon right pilot with BMW. Is we look at that as an opportunity for expansion in the forty five billion pipeline. One third of that is ADS, and it's included, of course, the BMW project, but now other OEMs can use it, and that's going to be upside on the forty five billion pipeline.
Speaker 3: Christiano last night that the President hosts a number of technology leaders at the White House. I believe you're invited, but I'm able to attend. And his message is very simple, tariffs are coming specific to chips, but those that invest in America will be spared. How is far come thinking about that? You know, a lot of emphasis gets put on TSMC in Arizona, but is that like big enough to serve all of you.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's unfortunate that we couldn't attend. We send a representative, but we had the big party in San Diego to Stadium for the forty universary of Qualcom. And to your question, look, we're excited about that. Remember we were a fabulous company, so we need a supply chain that is resilient and in America. We like the fact that TSMC, which is one of our suppliers in investing in America. We like the fact that Sansung, another one of our suppliers, invested in America. And for Qualcom, this is exactly great news. We want diversification of manufacturing, we want more capacity in America, and we have.
Speaker 3: Some Intel option, Christiana.
Speaker 2: Not an option today. I think we would like Intel to be an option. They have been talking about moving to the next process technology, which they call it the one that comes after eighteen A. For us, we need a technology that has efficient power consumption. I think we just had this whole conversation on car So if in the future Intel's ready for us will be an option. Right now, our suppliers Real, tissom C and.
Speaker 3: Sansan welcome SiO Christiano Ramon. It's great to have you back on Bloomberg Tech. Thank you very much.