Speaker 1: Hey, we got a lot of new listeners finding us again. Thank you so much. It's Brocket Jeffrey. This is the Second Date Update podcast. And just so you know the show was still going there is. There is a lot of people that are listening to episodes from fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: You guys are stuck in twenty thirteen, and I hope one day this finds you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's funny because some people are like, oh my god, love the show and binge to everything all day for years.
Speaker 5: And some people just found us something. Yeah, sounds a little different.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, there's a lot of like, hey, can you guys keep doing Second Date updates and like we're here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so thank you for finding us and thank you for being in the present day. We do have a brand new episode today. It's an update update. So remember we're going to play the original where the couple was on with us, and then in part three skip dunes. In part three we get them back on the phone. Yeah, and see what has happened since. So before we get there, what do you got for comments, Alexis Yeah.
Speaker 2: Noel Lopez said, do they read these comments on YouTube? I've been wanting to comment and I don't know if they'll see it. Yeah, so yes, we're check Brooke and I. We're looking at all the comments literally everywhere, dude, and the ones from fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: We see you, We see you so thank you so much. We know it takes time and energy out of your day comment and even just find the show and listen, so we truly appreciate it. We got your brand new episode starting right now.
Speaker 6: Sometimes in the dating world and just in life, you'll get asked strange, out of left field questions, and before you crinkle your nose and jump to conclusions, it's important to consider not just what they're asking, but why are they asking it, what's their motivation. Like in today's call, one of our listeners asked his data question that might be considered rude and insensitive until you learn why he's asking, and suddenly it's kind of sweet.
Speaker 4: Kind of whatever he says, kind of almost you're going to hear the show talking question and why it was totally not inappropriate and creepy for him to ask you.
Speaker 5: Because we've got a special Second Date Update update coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 6: We have a textboard at seven, eight, five nine two where listeners can send texts into our show, and unfortunately sometimes we do have to block people if they cross the line with us.
Speaker 1: It's been so long since I've blocked anyone, though, like I feel like years.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 6: Anytime you come out the girls or you're like brook's a B word, you're blocked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, only I can.
Speaker 1: Say that's happening because we're blocking.
Speaker 5: If you're rude to any of us.
Speaker 6: Blocked, if you criticize our hero of the week because you didn't like my choice, block, if you compliment me and tell me that I'm cute and fancy, very blocked.
Speaker 5: I'm a shy boy. I don't like compliments that come staring.
Speaker 1: Listeners are so nice? Were not blocking people?
Speaker 5: Too nice? If you asked me blocked.
Speaker 6: That's why one of our listeners, Aaron, reached out to us because he's confused after he got blocked by somebody and he has no idea.
Speaker 5: Why fight the urge to compliment Jeff or you will be blocked right now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, was it, Jose, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'll block you right away, Aaron, what's up man? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Don't you talk bad about the girls. I'm sorry she called you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I didn't care. What is happening, Aaron? How are you doing?
Speaker 7: Oh? I'm doing good. I'm a little confused as the why I got blocked, but I was sold. Maybe you guys can help me out with that, hopefully.
Speaker 5: Did you say anything mean against people blocked here?
Speaker 1: I was thinking unsolicited pictures or what? I'm curious are you blocked? Are you talking about text? Social media?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: What are you blocked on?
Speaker 5: Good question?
Speaker 7: She blocked my number?
Speaker 1: Oh really? Person?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so tell us about this woman who blocked you. What's her name?
Speaker 7: Okay? So her name is Jenna. Okay. We matched on Hinge and we went on one kind of date.
Speaker 1: What do you mean kind of date? Was it like one of those pre dates where you just meet for coffee for twenty minutes to see if a real date's worth it.
Speaker 7: So as soon as we matched, we started talking and then we were hanging out like an hour later.
Speaker 1: What oh, yeah, turn on the same day that you matched?
Speaker 7: Yeah? How well? So she told me that she was taking her dog out for a walk, So I said, hey, I haven't got my cardio and yet today, Why don't I come with you and we can just talk.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, you invited yourself to her dog walk?
Speaker 6: Okay, you random alexis your dog walker with This'll be a good date if.
Speaker 1: A guy was dogs with guys all the time.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's a good dad idea. You walk the guys too little lesha on them and I.
Speaker 8: Can't Oh no, but I do make them clean up.
Speaker 5: The dog poop.
Speaker 1: You don't want to do that for Why did jes make so hopeful when he asked that.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that that was a service. If it's offered out there, I got to look it up. But how did the dog walk go with Jenna?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 7: It was mostly small talk. It was kind of more like a pre date than anything where we were looking to know each other.
Speaker 1: And that's okay, I mean that's to be expected. Yeah, what was the like chemistry or attraction level?
Speaker 7: I thought I was picking something up?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, she didn't seem like she cut it off?
Speaker 7: Like how did it end?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we were talking about hinge and how are you doing on Hinge? And I ended up making a joke where like, uh, yeah, I ended up having to delete Hinge because I just I had a full in box and people kept trying to talk to me and get with me. And it ended not long after that.
Speaker 1: That was that was supposed to be a joke.
Speaker 7: Yeah, see, I maybe I messed up and she just thinks I'm full of myself when I was just trying to be funny.
Speaker 6: Sure, but that doesn't seem like enough to want to block your number from every wanting to contact you.
Speaker 1: Did things change after that moment?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Not real?
Speaker 7: It ended not long after that, so I don't know. Maybe she wanted to cut it short.
Speaker 6: Is it possible that you're just a really slow walker and it pissed her off? Or yeah, you got to match your stride for stride?
Speaker 1: Just one of those guys who walks in front of a woman the whole time like a step and a half. It drives me nuts.
Speaker 5: How's you're walking?
Speaker 7: I felt like I matched her stride for stride, but I wasn't really focused on that.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's say you got to pass on the walking. What else could it have been, Brooke?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just wondering when you got blocked, did you like leave the date and immediately she blocked you? Or was there a couple of texts back and forth beforehand.
Speaker 7: Question. I tried texting her maybe half hour later and it was didn't go through. So it seems like she blocked me almost immediately.
Speaker 1: You tell me you were blocked. It never it just never says delivered.
Speaker 9: It's never.
Speaker 5: Later, still got delivered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I through my text.
Speaker 6: We're all experts on different areas of dating in here, So okay, how long has it been since you got blocked?
Speaker 7: Been about a week at this point, You guys.
Speaker 1: What if it's just an accident. What if she just got like you don't have two left thumbs and she has. I don't know. Sometimes I actually hit buttons in my back pocket or something, and like.
Speaker 7: Her pockets.
Speaker 1: You never know what the right butt sheet can do.
Speaker 5: Walk have a dexterous cheek back there.
Speaker 7: But I mean, yeah, hopefully that's did. But I had a good time with her. I'd like to see if there was something more there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, she should definitely give you another.
Speaker 6: Chance, or at least an explanation for why you've been blocked. We're gonna call her right now. Hopefully she hasn't blocked us already. But answer, I'm sure a lot of people have, but if she picks up, we'll ask her all the important questions and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 7: Thank good?
Speaker 5: All right, man, hold on.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Second Date Update. We're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two.
Speaker 6: Just to recap real quick if you miss part one, one of our listeners air and hung out with a lady and that happened within an hour of matching.
Speaker 5: They were on a dog walk together.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The crazy part is that walk only lasted a half hour. An hour later, he was already blocked. I mean this girl works fast. Yeah, and we're trying to help Aaron get some answers about what he did wrong or maybe it was just a miscommunication that caused him to get blocked. We don't really know.
Speaker 5: At least we can pinpoint like an hour and a half timeframe.
Speaker 1: We asked all about whether she liked him and what it was like with him. We never asked did the dog like you?
Speaker 5: Oh, did the dogs like he? Shother?
Speaker 7: Did one bite the other?
Speaker 1: I don't think he had a dog. I don't think she was just joining him on apologies out.
Speaker 6: He had a dog too, Aaron, could you get a read on Jenna's dog's feelings towards you.
Speaker 7: I think he was kind of focused on the walk. He gave me a sniff, he sussed me out, but he wasn't super that's not good.
Speaker 1: I say. I think that's okay as long as there's no growlly like nipping.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean growling and nipping on my dates.
Speaker 5: That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Right from the beginning.
Speaker 5: I'm dying to get nipped.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I don't know any last words erin before we dial the number.
Speaker 7: At the very least, I hope she answers, and I hope she telled me what I did wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good attitude going in to learn something. I like that.
Speaker 5: Let's set that bar super super low.
Speaker 7: So here we go.
Speaker 5: I'm dialing the number right now. Let's see if she picks up.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hey is this Jenna.
Speaker 6: This is this is an actually radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, who.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of us in here.
Speaker 6: We're a radio show and we do this segment that you're on right now. Called a second date update, and one of our listeners reached out about you, named Aaron.
Speaker 9: Okay response, We figured you might not have the best reaction because we heard that after the date you blocked him and he just doesn't know why or if that was on purpose.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, no, I definitely blocked him on purpose.
Speaker 6: Okay, So what we know is that you guys went on a dog walk and it didn't seem to last very long. So maybe you could tell us your version of the hangout and that would help us understand a little more clearly.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, I guess to start with, I thought he'd show up with his dog too.
Speaker 5: I assumed he had a dog already. The girls had to correct me.
Speaker 1: Why would you assume that?
Speaker 8: Well, because we met up to walk our dogs, so I thought. But we met up to walk my dog. He literally just wanted to walk with me while I walked my dog.
Speaker 1: That just sounds like a miscommunication. Did me say you need to get his cardio in for the days?
Speaker 5: I would have blocked him for that too.
Speaker 8: That's not why I blocked him.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, So are you saying you're disappointed that he didn't have a dog.
Speaker 8: I was surprised, but I got over it quick. It wasn't that big of a deal. We were getting to know each other.
Speaker 5: So where did the date shift for you in your mind?
Speaker 8: Well? Then he asks me, so what's your credit score? Should I be worried?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, no, he sounds like he's trying to be funny.
Speaker 6: He told us that there was a few jokes that he tried to make and they didn't quite land.
Speaker 8: It did not sound like a joke. He actually wanted to know.
Speaker 1: Did you tell wait, did you tell him?
Speaker 8: No? I didn't tell him. I thought it was so out of line.
Speaker 5: I feel like that's less like intense than it used to.
Speaker 1: Be people in a thirty minute conversation.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was really quick. I mean, I don't even know that we should be talking about that on a fifth or a sixth date.
Speaker 1: I am sure he wasn't joking, though, Like when you didn't tell him, what kind of response did he give you?
Speaker 8: We both just kind of laughed it off, but he definitely still seemed like he seriously wanted to know.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's possible that it was a joke and it just didn't come across the right way, and the best way to find out is to have you.
Speaker 5: Well, at least have you talked to.
Speaker 6: Him about it, because you might not know this, Jenna. But Aaron's on the other line right now, listening to this conversation.
Speaker 8: The guy I blocked is on the phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, him yet, But when.
Speaker 1: You say it that way, it doesn't feel as fun. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yes, hopefully he has an explanation though, Aaron, are you there?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, jokester, Hey, you.
Speaker 1: Want to know our social Security number? Next date?
Speaker 5: Or at least say something to Jenna.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry I made you feel uncomfortable. It's just in today's dating culture. I'm trying to find a long term partner and I'm right and not waste time.
Speaker 8: See, I knew you were joking. I knew you actually wanted to know my.
Speaker 6: Credit or that's a lot, but he wanted to know it for honorable reasons.
Speaker 1: Because he wants to be with you for a Unless you have a score of under seven fifty.
Speaker 5: Yes, loans, his love is not real.
Speaker 6: That's gott to change how you feel about it a little bit, right, Jenna?
Speaker 8: No, not at all?
Speaker 6: Oh man, man, Aaron, Aaron, you see how that's kind of weird.
Speaker 5: What if she's the love of your life and she has a bad credit score.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not very romantic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well honest, I was kind of asking to see if you'd be interested in like a no string attached financial compensation thing.
Speaker 1: What m hmmm, like a sugar dad exclation. Do you know what he's talking about?
Speaker 8: I mean it sounds like he's looking to be my sugar daddy.
Speaker 5: That's how it sounds to us.
Speaker 1: I think I heard it as he wants you to be the sugar mom. That's why he's asking your score.
Speaker 7: Can you clarify Aaron closer to what she said? I don't like that term. I don't see it like that. I would just see paying for companionship if.
Speaker 1: She's the one getting paid. Why is her credit score matter?
Speaker 7: Well, I need to know if it's something she's interested in. If her credit score is low enough, then you.
Speaker 1: Can build I see you were looking for a low credit score this whole time. I was thinking of a bigote.
Speaker 5: You want to help her life and like financially, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like there's a different app you should go on.
Speaker 6: The hints I can recommend four of them, But Jenna, are you are you hearing this?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I'm hearing it.
Speaker 5: Pretty shock sounding.
Speaker 1: Are you interested in something like that?
Speaker 8: I mean, this is definitely not the way that I expected this to go. I mean I was with you, guys. I thought that he was making sure I had a flawless credit score here. I mean realistically, I think depending on the amount of money, anybody could be interested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wait, Wait a second, Wait, we have to reach.
Speaker 5: What does this mean?
Speaker 1: This is a totally different type of relationship.
Speaker 7: Certainly is. But JN think you are interested?
Speaker 8: I don't know. I am open to thinking about it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, maybe you're open to the idea of unblocking Aaron and meeting up with him one more time, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 7: We don't even need to go out. I can send you a couple of texts we can see if you're into it. Okay, at little negotiation starter.
Speaker 5: Wait, well, that saves us money and I love that.
Speaker 6: So that's up to you, Jenna, Will you or will you not unblock Aaron?
Speaker 1: That could be a fun new segment.
Speaker 9: Thing.
Speaker 8: I think I'll unblock him.
Speaker 1: Whoa romance is dead?
Speaker 8: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Last time we spoke to Jenna, she was considering the option of being a potential sugar baby to erin. So let's just get to the obvious question, because she's on the phone right now, Jenna, did that end up happening?
Speaker 8: So we did. I'm not meeting up after we talked to you.
Speaker 1: Guys got on block. I bet you had so many thoughts going through your head before that meet up.
Speaker 8: I did, but I decided to give it a shot.
Speaker 1: So wait, so you what was the exchange here?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought it was just her. I was helping her pay for a rent, that was helping her pay off her car. It was nice for a few months.
Speaker 5: For a few months. Was a few months?
Speaker 7: What do you mean? Well, so I ended up getting laid off because I was made read London's by.
Speaker 1: Aih sugar Daddy's.
Speaker 7: You couldn't afford to do the sugar daddy thing anymore?
Speaker 6: Oh no, So then, now what happened? You're in a normal relationship.
Speaker 8: Now, Well, we had actually we had gotten to a point where our original arrangement was working pretty well. I never thought I was that girl, but it really worked, and so we had actually been talking about me quitting my job.
Speaker 1: Please tell me you didn't do that before he got laid out.
Speaker 8: Fortunately, no. But once Saren did get leto, I ended up really pulling some extra weight at my job and you know, picking up all the extra hours and stuff like that, and roles kind of reversed and I kind of became a sugar mama.
Speaker 1: I know, the iron How is it being in the power position?
Speaker 8: I kind of like being the sugar mama better.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's nice.
Speaker 6: Well, it's I'm glad to hear you too, are It sounds like happy And it's not the relationship you started with.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's better.
Speaker 8: It's not what we originally talked about. I mean, he ended up moving in with me and it's working great.
Speaker 1: It's funny because if you take the titles out, you're just in a normal relationship.
Speaker 6: It's really strange, but I like it all right.
Speaker 5: You will keep us updated. You two, thanks for emailing the show. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.