Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the world most dangerous morning short the Breakfast Club. Charlamage, the god just hilarious. Envy is not here with us today, but we got some very special guests. A friend in the room, Miss Senna Denina Turner his hair, Good morning morning, and you know last time Senator Turner was his she.
Speaker 3: Did to swirl.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: We were talking about how good you and you know you said you wanted to bring your trainer, Derek Dowdell. Am I pronouncing that Derek Dadell, Good morning, dare all right, blessed Black and Holly play with brother.
Speaker 3: Black Andy Fame.
Speaker 4: How did y'all link up the Oh my god, that was a wild ago.
Speaker 1: About ten years ago.
Speaker 5: I was training up at Title Boxing, teaching class for boxing and she came in not knowing what she was doing.
Speaker 6: Awful, awful, damning to morning.
Speaker 5: You know, we just formed the formed the board, start talking and she needed some training.
Speaker 1: So I looked out, you gotta talking to the mike. Derek, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, So I looked out for it for the.
Speaker 7: Training and.
Speaker 3: Ever since we consider ourselves sisters and brothers. He's been in my life through thick and thin. And that's really a big deal because working out is a mental it's for your mentals and I know, sharp for you the mental health thing or just kind of self awareness, it's not even mental health is about self awareness of what you need and physical activity is very much a part of that. And one of the things I love about him. You can come into the gym and if you he knows when you're not right. And so I'm kind of I'm an introvert. A lot of people don't know that, but I go in and if my mind ain't right, he'll ask what's wrong with you? And I say no, he's I'm asking you a question, what's wrong with you? And he'll he'll probe until you kind of tell him you know what's wrong. And not every kind of trainer does that. Some of them are just really concerned about physical and it's a mental exercise too. And he's seen me up and down. He's seen me really small from stress. And again a trainer might say, oh, I got you know, she lost a whole lot of weight. That's good. He was like, oh no, this ain't good. This is good because it's the way you lost the weight and you look sick, unhealthy, and you know, lost everything, And I couldn't need to go eat some French fries, some soup tape, possum. I don't want no hummers, no sale. That was only in that situation. But the moral of the story is it's not just about how much weight you lose, it's how you lose it. And it's about your mentals too. And he combines to two very well.
Speaker 4: Are you like that with your other clients as well?
Speaker 7: Oh question?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I stay on, I stay on my clients. Yeah, be cool, all we all have a good good bye.
Speaker 3: Be bossy though too.
Speaker 7: Straight? Right? Yeah, you know, I don't like when people late. Oh my god, to.
Speaker 3: Get people right? O. Man? You even know when I you know, he wants us to text when we're not coming and I'll come in and sometimes, you know, I'm traveling a lot and I want text. He said, you think you grown.
Speaker 1: That's a problem.
Speaker 3: Let me know you want.
Speaker 7: For what you claim?
Speaker 6: Yeah, of discipline as well, Like you're teaching. You're not only teaching. I mean you're not only training, you're teaching, you're actually Yeah, discipline.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: How did you get into fitness? O?
Speaker 1: We so I was. I was. I was a truck driver and.
Speaker 7: River.
Speaker 1: I was a truck driver.
Speaker 5: So you know what's happening chess issues. So I went to the doctor. I was two seventy five. I was a big boy. So the doctor was like, yeah, man, you you're on the verge of having a heart attack at twenty eight something.
Speaker 7: I said, oh, no, we can't. Yeah, right, it was serious.
Speaker 2: Widow maker was closed with the widow Maker had blocked out.
Speaker 7: No, no, it was no.
Speaker 5: It was just doing too much, you know, eating, crazy, drinking, just doing too much.
Speaker 7: Out of shape.
Speaker 5: So uh, you know, I started working out, got in good shape, and then I have always been passionate about working out.
Speaker 7: And then it just went from there and took off. Yeah, took off.
Speaker 4: It just clicked.
Speaker 3: And while we're on that sear and just I want to shout out a young lady. Her name is Moriel McCain and she I know you do the women's history. Someone put black history and women's history together. She just made Team USA and boxing. She's from Cleveland. She's the first woman and the first black woman to make Team USA in the boxing category from Ohio. Her name is Morel McCain and she's raising money to try to get her family to be able to go to Paris with her, and so I just want to shout her out. Her instagram is a millionaire moll. So for anybody out there that wants to help a young African American woman who is on the rise and doing the thing and just representing. And I know you like your little boxing too. You got in the ring with somebody from Cleveland. I'm blinking on his name. Yeah, shout out to Sean. Yeah, oh yeah, I watched the video. Yeah, he was talking all kinds, you know, but.
Speaker 7: He did that. He did that a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did. But since we own fitness and I'm just really so proud of her. And one of the things you guys were talking to the actress Marsha and talking about being there for each other and lifting each other up. And that's why I want to shout that young lady out. And one of the reasons why, you know, I brought my trainer. One of the things just in my relationship with Charlemagne over the years, and we met when he moderated when Senator Sanders was running in twenty sixteen, he moderated a panel at Apollo and thanks to figure O. That's how I call Teslaing. That's my girl. She advises me on politics. You know, really pressed the campaign to do a lot of black outreach and that's how shar and I became friends and we just clicked and we've been together ever since. But he really lifts up and he especially lifts up black women. And that's what I love is something particularly spectacular delicious when it's our men living us up and shout out to Michael River too, killer Mic the same thing. And when people like defend you in public because for me, I'm a lightning rod. So doctor rushad Ritchie of T y T, which I hope you guys will have on, is another one of those. When our men defend us in public when people come it ain't nothing like it. You know, God's love is strong, but black love is right under that. And so I just you know, I just got a shout it out right. Yeah you know that.
Speaker 7: You're a fitness guy, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts on this whole Olympic era? Everybody's inn Olympic gold medalist, gold medal.
Speaker 5: I mean, if it works for you, it works for you me personally, I mean I mean, I don't know, you know, because I know a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people use it, but all, like I say, if it works for you, it works for you.
Speaker 5: I mean it started with a diabetes thing, but hey they found another way to work it and it works well because I know people personally that's on it and they shrink up. You still need to, yeah, so you never know the long term side effects. But I know with those zemp you it'll have you flabby too, So you gotta get that work in too. It's just not you can it'll it'll stop you from eating. You know, it's all kind of side effects of how you constipate it.
Speaker 7: It's different things.
Speaker 5: But it will have you lose the weight, but you know you also get flabby, So you gotta get that work in.
Speaker 7: Come see me anyway.
Speaker 1: How do they come? How they reach it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dereck Dowdale Training, get it. Get d DT dot com and you can look me up on Instagram. Derek Dade Training the world right, absolutely, no question.
Speaker 7: No question.
Speaker 6: So if you can stop something, because I'm on listen, I got like a couple of friends that were like you, I'm thinking about doing o them and I'm like, but you don't you don't need it should you know, my insurance people, it's a lot of people using it being lazy, right right, you know what I'm saying. So what are some things like you can do? I mean, you you know, some tips that you can just throw out there that that can help you unbid your back.
Speaker 7: Oh man, big back something now and big back to something now.
Speaker 5: I mean, first of all, you got to be stop being lazy because, uh, we live in a microwave society now, so people want instagratification and they just want ooh it's gone.
Speaker 7: But now you gotta get up. You gotta work out.
Speaker 5: I mean just walking every day, you know, come go to the trail mill, go to elliptical something, you know. But one thing I know you can't teach. You can't teach sacrifice. So people, you know, if you can't sacrifice the time for yourself.
Speaker 7: Then I mean it's a it's a downhill for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And part of it is in the kitchen too. I mean I joked about how small I got, which he was very concerned about that. But eighty five percent of it is in the kitchen. He talked to us about that. And he eases you into it because eating should be pleasurable. But you can't outwork a bad diet. You can't outwork when you're not eating properly. And it has to be a lifestyle. So I use the word diet kind of lightly. I don't even like using that word really, but it's a lifestyle change and it's a combination. I've been up and I've been down. I've been up and down. Stress could go either way, and it is only when the mind, the body, and the spirit really came into that intersection together that I found myself where I am right now. And I'm healthier, you know, only I guess when I was in high school running track. I'm just as healthy as I was then, and it's a beautiful, beautiful feeling. But if I ever let the mind body connection go off track, you could lose it. So we're always up and down in life, right, it's called life, But you just got to be conscious of it. And having a personal trainer keeps you conscious of it. All great athletes have coaches. They're not doing that out here rolling by themselves, and that's what I consider him my coach.
Speaker 6: Listen, I had a personal training too. Look, I was doing everything except for.
Speaker 4: The vegan stuff.
Speaker 6: I don't need to eat a bunch of plants and bird food to be healthy. I can eat what I want. My problem was I was eating and then laying right down. That's when that can also cause other stuff too, you know, clogged arteries, all types of stuff.
Speaker 3: But I work hard.
Speaker 6: I mean, I had a six pack and I'm pregnant. I'm about to be five months pregnant. People was like, how did you you you're pregnant?
Speaker 3: You still got a six pack?
Speaker 6: Yes, I do, And I'm a little mad because my little baby is she busted all the way through it.
Speaker 4: But I had ebbs.
Speaker 3: At three months and four months pregnant. But come on, and people, don't.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 4: You don't see nor the bellies like that.
Speaker 6: You don't when I dried over baby, I'm gonna get back.
Speaker 3: You can hold it against her for the rest of her life. Let me tell you something. My son is a thirty three and shout out to my first unconditional love. It's my baby boy. And I still call my baby even though thirty three. That's my baby. But yeah, I hold it against them. Every time I look at the stretch marks, I'm like, you did this to me. You owe me but no, we can say, hey, almost died for you. But I mean maternal Uh, you know, black women mentality rate and maternal rates are very high. We gotta I'm joking about that, but that's serious. It a sacrifice that you're making. Yeah, but shout out to you for being and you're gonna lay a strong foundation for your baby about health and black people. We need all people needed, but the type of stress that black people, man, we need to be out there walking and jogging and doing it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know when it comes to the training you're doing, I mean, is it preparing you for this fight that we're gonna be in for the next few months or are you even fighting?
Speaker 3: I'm fighting, okay, you know I'm always fighting. One of my dear counselors said, you live in opposition, said, you know, let me decorating that, mother, I mean, let me decorate them like that.
Speaker 1: You might have put that in here.
Speaker 3: Living mean, let mean, let me move the furniture. Now, let me put some photos up on the wall. No, I am sure, because I'm very concerned about what's happening right now. You know what's happening all over the world. You know, whether it's Haiti, the Congo Sudan, and I talked about a whole lot. And I know on Front Page News you guys went into Haiti with with FIGUREO, but also what's happening in the gaza and so yeah, I need to be especially the type of work that I do, and I'm a lightning ride all the time. People try to come for me. Yeah, I gotta be mentally and physical. Oh yeah, I'm training. I'm training for this battle. Oh yeah, I care very much.
Speaker 2: It's the Biden Trump remaster, the remash.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants, that's right.
Speaker 3: And you've been saying preaching that gospel from the beginning.
Speaker 2: Man, what should they be doing to energize people to come out of the world.
Speaker 3: Well, Trump's people energized right already. Biden's people are not so much. Because this president has to really deliver material changes. And so you can't come out for bipartisanship when it comes to increasing the military budget, right, but you can't be bipartisan for universal health care. You know, you got Republican led states in this country who won't pay for who won't use tax dollars to pay for free lunch and free breakfast. Students? Are you know going to bed Homegren come to school, that all of that kind of stuff is wrong. So to energize, do the thing that will energize people to come and cancel all students that not just some. I mean, I think it's an absolute lie. If he can cancel some, he can cancel all. And in particularly what's happening in the Gaza. You know, over like sixty percent of Democrats, like his voters, believe that there is genocide going on in the Gaza. But yet this president won't move on that. He won't say that enough is enough. Almost forty thousand people have died. When you talk about the people who are still alive and living in famine hospitals being blown up, they can't get food. Younger people especially are saying, not on our watch are we gonna continue to allow this? So I think if this president pivots stronger, more strongly, not just words and deeds, to say that you know, this genocized stuff got an end, people will be more energized. Cancel all students that make it a universal that those are the kind of things increased the minimal cholee on guys.
Speaker 2: And the reason I say that because people are dead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm not saying I have met some people. I was in Dearborn, Michigan. I was with Congresswoman Rashida Tulee. We was on a program together, uh well, a panel, not a panel, but a Riley kind of thing together. And I've talked to some people and not just Arab Americans, not just Palestinians, but I've talked to people from all walks of life who are united in what justice looks like, who say that they're not voting for Biden under any circumstance. So because of the people who are already dead and because of the suffering that is going on. But there may be a certain segment of people. So we're never gonna forget that those people are dead. But there may be a certain segment of people who if he if he strongly says no more money, then they may say we'll we'll go ahead and give you another chance. Because Trump is a neo fashion he is dangerous. And I often say neo fascism kills you quick, and neoliberalism kills you slow. Like we might have twenty four hours of oxygen left, we can collaborate and try to figure out how to live. But ultimately, if neoliberals don't switch course, we still are going to die. And that is the problem with America right now. If we could afford to send billions of dollars to the Ukraine, billions of dollars over to Israel, being wars and disrupting other people's lives all around the world, why can't.
Speaker 4: We have universal health care?
Speaker 3: Why can't we have free college or debt free college, especially for public schools. Why can't we pass the pro Act? Why can't we pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act? What happened the George Floyd Justice Act? What happened to all of those things? So they are so fixated on war and they are denying what we need domestically. So if he doesn't do those things, I predict this, and I'm not the only one. If President Biden does not switch course, he is going to lose.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna switch closes, you know, I think he's gonna switch to you know, you said something that's true.
Speaker 4: Trump has a.
Speaker 2: Lot of his people motivate, energized, but he doesn't have the whole Republican Party energize.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, right.
Speaker 2: And when you see, you know, people that were backing Nicki Haley now backing President Biden. Like a lot of the donors, I think Biden gonna start courting those people who may not be comfortable, all those Republicans that may not be comfortable with Trump, those Republicans that wanted to Nikki Haley or something else. I think he's gonna start paying more attention than them than he will.
Speaker 3: And he'll leave the progressive and the base behind. But he won't win that way. Don't forget Trump. You know, by the margins in Michigan in twenty sixteen or it was ten thousand vote, this is gonna be a margin election. There's a difference between what happens in the primary and what's gonna happen in the general. And the largest voting block will be that block that says I am going to stay home. In Wisconsin, for example, Biden only one that stayed by about twenty thousand votes. So the margins are going to make a difference. But you're right, he gonna court those folks. But oftentimes where people go, they don't want the full conservative, they go for the real thing. And so ultimately, why I'm going for the fake when I can have the real those voters. He make court that he's going to disrupt the coalition, and the coalition is just not gonna show up. And that's what I love about the uncommit vote. They ain't playing They letting them know state after state that hey, we're not playing with you. If you don't change course on genocide, we're just not coming out. We're not gonna vote for you. And that's real. And I wish the black community would get a clue and do some of that, like make some demands and say, hey, if you don't serve our people, you're just not getting our vote, you.
Speaker 2: Know, sending it to turn that Like you know, I've said numerous times I don't know what to tell people when people tell me they don't care about either candidate, when people tell me they're not even energized by the political process. I get it for all of the things that we're talking about right now, But what would you say to people that don't plan on voting this year because they don't like either candidate.
Speaker 3: Look, you might not do politics, but politics gonna do you. You're gonna get done. You're gonna get done. The system gonna do you. So you still got to go out to vote. I would say, go vote mad as hell if you want to skip that part of the ballot, because there are other people on the ballot. Like all the energy goes to the presidential But for example, in Ohio, we had a Health and Human Services Levee on the ballot. So I went in the primary to vote. Not so much for what's happening in the presidential race, but there were judges on the ballot, people running for other offices on the ballot, and then the Health and Human Services levee. That is the case for every community in this country. So they need to go vote and vote mad as hell. Now I can't tell this president needs to change course, and not just in words but in deeds when they're up there hedging about forty thousand people dead. See now you're dead wrong. I mean, that's it. At a certain point you got to say this is the math. Ain't math? And here to quote Andrew Yang, people are have died and you can't cover it up. What you can say to any allies that not on our watch that we got laws in this country, the lay He Law, the the Foreign Assistants Act, all of that that says that when a president has made aware that another nation is denying humanitarian aid to others, that we must stop supplying them. So you can't drop bombs and bread at the same time. Those two things don't go together. So char I would say to those people, they gotta go vote anyway. Now, I ain't gonna tell them how to vote. They got to vote their conscience. But they need to go and vote because there are other issues that impact their community on that ballot other than who's running for president.
Speaker 6: And then just like honestly speaking, Nina, before I got here, I wasn't into politics at all, Like it was like a lot for me, and I just was like, man, I'm just not into that world. I don't even want to, you know.
Speaker 4: But I have a son.
Speaker 6: I have an eleven year old and the world today this look at the world, just the country, this country today, him growing up in it. I don't want him to face certain things because it just looks like it's all going to shit, you know what I'm saying. So when I got here, and the reason let me that track, the reason that I wasn't into it because I wasn't seeing a lot of us that was appealing enough like to make us.
Speaker 4: Get into it.
Speaker 3: What appeals to you? What did you want to hear him?
Speaker 6: You know, I look up to him a lot, you know, so and then Tez, you know, and then Killer Mike came here, and then now you and then he brings he brings a lot of us up here to talk about it. And now that my ears are open, I'm sitting here, I'm like, Damn, this ain't really that hard. It's about and it does require research, it does require active listening to because you can listen to something, you can hear something, but you're not listening to it and you don't want to receive it. But I'm here every day now, so it's like I learned a little bit about a lot of different stuff every day. And it's like, damn, and I struggle with this all the time. How can I make Because I know I'm if I was thinking like that, I know a lot of other you know, others are thinking like that. I'm like, how can I appeal to my generation? And I was younger to get off the couch, you know, because that's what we say is I was one of them, you know, and I wasn't ashamed of it. But now it's like, damn, yeah, why would I not, you know, especially if I see people like you and you know my brother and like, it makes me want to, you know, delve into it more.
Speaker 4: But that was my problem, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: But I just want to know how I can grasp us, like more of us, because a.
Speaker 4: Lot of I have a big playform, a lot of people listen.
Speaker 2: To me and just just turn thirty two.
Speaker 3: This is my son generation just it's doing what you're doing right now. It's what you're saying. I wasn't really into this, but I'm into this now. Yeah, continuously telling the story. It's your son, it's your daughter that is on the way. We do things ultimately for selfish reasons, but those selfish reasons could be altruistic. In other words, they could be for a higher cause. And so there's nothing wrong with saying I want this world to be a better place because of mine, and that is one of the reasons why I'm out there fighting so hard. What happens over there happens over here. So we can't have people living in famine. We can't allow nations just to rise up and try to eradicate other people, because what happens over there happens over here. You know why they don't give a damn about what's happening in the Gadza because they don't care what's happening in New York City. They don't care about the homelessness here.
Speaker 4: Or in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: You know why they don't give a damn about starving kids over there in Gadzo or Haiti, or the Congo or famine and all of that, because there are people here. Homelessness has increased over the last two years. In this country. Sixty percent of Americans say they're living paycheck to paycheck. What happens over there is a reflection on what happens over here. And so we got to say to people that we are connected again. If you don't do politics, politics gonna do you. And it does matter who is in these offices. And we need to hold people accountable. We need to make a demand and there needs to be a consequence for that demand. I know my mama's house. You know my mom is not here anymore. And Charlemagne definitely knows this story, and so does Dondelle. She died when she was forty two, had a brain an rhythm, and that just shook my whole life. I am here by the grace of an almighty God. But in my mama's house and my dad is still here rocking it, playing full court basketball at seventy five. Shout out to you, Daddy. This is the thing though, when my mama said do something. My mother was a custodial parent. You know, my parents were married, but she was a constodia. Hey, you got to do what mama say. Yeah, there will be a consequence if you don't. You gotta do what Daddy says, or there will be a consequence. We as voters, both black voters and other voters of consciousness, we need to bind together and say you are gonna do for us or there will be a consequence to it. Let me give you this sample. East Palestine, Ohio, poor whites voted over seventy percent for Donald J. Trump. Some people have been poisoned by a railroad company. Norfolk Southern train derailed, chemicals all up, and they water, they air everything. It took Biden a year to show show up. So again, what happens over there in East Palestine, happens in Cleveland, Ohio. Happens in any of the boroughs here, happens in Chicago. So that's why we gotta care. There's a connection, there's an intersection, and policy is about power. We gotta follow the policy. Show me the policy, and I tell you what you care about. Follow the money and I'll show you what you care about. If you can constantly increase the military budget when they came past an audit, but they keep getting more and more money by Democrats and Republicans. You mean to tell me, in the hegemonic nation, we can't have universal health care so people don't go bankrupts. It just makes no sense. So just I say, tell your story and then accent that story. Accentuate that story, because that's what's gonna move younger people to come out the vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, they say, people, what are they talking about.
Speaker 3: When you don't allow us to talk.
Speaker 2: I like talking to I like talking to people like Derek. I like talking to the bables. What I'm doing morning radio because we get to talk to everyday working people.
Speaker 5: All the time, right right, I mean, I get I get personal with my clients. So that's another that's another reason why some people gravitate towards me, because you know, you know, I ask them how they're doing, how your family doing, how moms and you know, because it's not all about hey, come in here, do this.
Speaker 1: Let me get five sets.
Speaker 7: You know, people sometimes you don't want to hear that. You know they want to, you know, boom.
Speaker 1: Talk to you, be direct.
Speaker 7: Talk you don't need it, but you talk too much.
Speaker 1: But shout out to Extreme.
Speaker 5: Compound the gym I'm based out of in Cleveland, Ohio, and shout out to my man black owned alkaline water Drip.
Speaker 7: It's that thing called drip drip.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, sir, drip.
Speaker 6: How often do you take breaks in between working up? Like do you usually do this like all day thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well so because they started.
Speaker 6: Kicking your ass right now to keep still right now?
Speaker 7: I know, I know I'm bad with that. So yeah, I'm bad.
Speaker 1: But that started four forty five five.
Speaker 7: Am Jesus Okay, and then uh take a break.
Speaker 3: I used to start at four a m.
Speaker 7: Yeah you're used to.
Speaker 5: I used to every time she gets so then I take a break like two o'clock, come back.
Speaker 7: At four like seven seven.
Speaker 4: Damn you got.
Speaker 7: Wow, I know.
Speaker 3: And that's the misses right here, while he shouting out folks, oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't do my wife.
Speaker 3: I love her. Nurse your nerves. She's doing the traveling nurses.
Speaker 2: Wow, can we talk about why being in TikTok is such a priority to the government.
Speaker 3: Don't even get me started playing games. Don't play in our face. If it truly is about protecting our data and our privacy, which is important, you can do that comprehensively. I don't want TikTok to have my data just as well as I don't want Twitter or Instagram any of them. So do it in a comprehensive way. But don't play games with China like this. Don't do it so they it's it's just a ruse. They just playing with TikTok and do it all for all of them, That's what I'm saying. And so it's just much to do about nothing if they're not gonna do it the right way. And I want people to get food by the banana and the tailpipe. This is banana and the tailpipe. Protect our data, regulate social media companies, break some of them up. So if you're gonna protect us, protect us, but don't use They're just using TikTok as a ruse, and it's wrong and we should care about because data is like the new platinum. Data is the new goal. I think it was Andrew Yang who mentioned that some of these companies need to give us checks because they're getting our data. Once you have data, baby, that's power. So the federal government is obligated to protect us in that way, but do it in a comp We need a comprehensive UH Data Protection Bill that actually passes the Congress, signed by the President, that regulates all data companies what they can do and what they cannot do, and it protects our privacy because cyber warfare is real. So I'm not saying it's not real, but the way that they're doing and just singling out TikTok and quite frankly, we know that TikTok is where most younger people get their information. That's the spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I's got a couple of questions. I know they're going to go do some pull ups. Yes, but you said President Biden needs to pivot.
Speaker 4: Is it too late for the vice president.
Speaker 3: Pivot walking me into this track? No, I won't say it's too late. I really do believe hope springs are cornal, but it has to be more than rhetoric. People are hipped to it, and they tired, and they suffering too much to just listen to people whisper sweet nothings, black faces, and how places does nothing for my people children in my city. You know, Cleveland's one of the poorest cities in the nation. I'm just using Cleveland as an example. That on you sitting up there on the Edmond Petties Bridge talking that Lord, let me back up. It's important to be don't get me wrong. Symbols matter, substance matters more so. S No, it's never too late, but come on, you use the power. One of the things the Republicans are bold. Now I don't agree with most of the things they do, but they bowed as a mofa. When they get the power, they do it. They don't want to hear none of these No, we're doing it. And then I double dog gave you to stop us through the courts or whatever. But we're gonna do it. We need the Democratic Party that enjoys almost one hundred percent of the black vote to get to doing the thing for black people and stop all that symbolic stuff. Instead of walking up, I mean walking to admit predace. So I'm a historic, beautiful thing. But instead of walking that bridge, I would want you to try to close the racial wealth gap in this country. Instead of doing that, why don't you pass baby bonds into Congress so that every baby is giving a certain amount of money from birth, so that by the time they grow up they got a foundation. And doctor Derek Hamilton of the New School, the Institute on Race, Power and Political Economy, that was his idea. And you both may remember when Congress, when Senator Corey Booker was pushing that into Congress. That's from doctor Derek Hamilton. He's a stratification economist. One of the reasons why I'm here is because I'm a senior fellow at the New School. But those are the kinds of substantive things that people like Vice President Harris, people like President Biden and others should be doing. Now. The Vice President serves at the pleasure of the presidents. I want to put that out there for our listeners. I get it. In some cases she has to do his will. I got that. But baby, you can slide up, you can roll up sometimes in other ways and do some things and say some things to make people take notice. So no, it's not too late, Sharper damn. And it's getting there. The oxygen is running out, man, I feel like that.
Speaker 2: It feels like man, and you say she can do his will, but man, I just feel like there's certain things that she could do that she could do that he can't do, certain things that she can speak people, she can speak to.
Speaker 3: That and just say I apologize instead of asking for permission. And the reason why I wanted to make because a vice president is selected by the person at the top of the ticket and you have to do their bidding for the most part. But there are ways to get around that. And just hell, I just asked for forgiveness. Hey, I'm sorry I had to say this. What are you gonna do? Kick y'all? No, you donna kick y'all. Just say I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 4: Had to do this. That's right, Nina.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that you'll be up here quite a few more times before.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: I love you so much, it's so good to be here. Can I shout out a book I'm It's called Wake Up America Black Women on the Future of Democracy. Doctor Keisha Baines edited that book in twenty two. Spectacular black women have written essays in that book. I am one of those spectacular black women, and so I want people to get that book. Wake Up it is a blue prince for action. Wake up America, black women on the future of democracy, because you know, we feel the pain first and deepest because we cross all kinds of intersections. And baby, when black women tell you it's wrong, it is wrong for the most part. But I love my black men, though we ain't gonna play them games. I hate when the Democratic Party try to separate black women from black men.
Speaker 2: Trying to set it up to where if Trump wins, is black men fault.
Speaker 3: Oh hell no, let me give you. I'm glad one more thing. Doctor Derek Hamlin were talking about this, and people need to look this up. In the race between Andrew Gillam and DeSantis, black women slipped eighteen percent of the voting in that race. The man lost by less than a percentage. And when you look at the black turnout, black men rocked for Andrew Gillam in Florida, and black women who's slipping? So okay, we don't get it right all the time. Andrew Gillum could have been the governor of Florida and black women slipped up on them. So no, but seriously, don't blame black people for this. Why we gotta keep saving folks and black men have been emasculated in the Democratic Party. That's real. They don't see themselves. Because to lift up black women is beautiful. We should, but not at the expense of black men. We have achieved, or we achieved so far in this country because we are together and we can't pick up other people's bad habits. Now, white women may be able to lead a white man by the side of the room, sisters can't do that. And the way that in this politics, the way the Democratic Party, the mothers of the movement and black women delivered and black women saved. Black men do not vote much differently than black women, So don't do that. If Trump wins, God forbid, it is going to be because this president and the Democratic Party did not deliver material changes for the people of this nation. It is going to be because this president and the Democratic Party led over genocide, are complicit in genocide in Gaza. That is going to be the reason why this man loses. So he needs to choose. Is he gonna choose his coalition or is he gonna choose to allow the person who is clearly a neo fascist to win. It will be his fault. We ain't blaming no voters, and black people definitely ain't taken the blame. They don't call out white women. Hell, white women vote for Trump in very high margins. And don't forget when when Obama, when President Obama was running, they were so mad that President Obama won the prime I'm just speaking truth. So just say a man and say ouch. When President Obama be then Senator Clinton, some of them white women were so mad they voted for McCaine. So don't don't come, don't bring it here, don't bring it to the feet of black people. We always saving this country. Now it's time for this country to join us and save itself. Amen and amen, let your say amen.
Speaker 2: Amen out they Needa Turner, her training, Derek. If you if you see a little bit more fire and need it because of Derek, and they're not like that fire needed any more flame to it. But thank you all for coming, Thanks.
Speaker 5: For having me gym again there extreme compound, Okay, black own absolutely.
Speaker 7: Extreme compounds.
Speaker 3: You just y'all got to come through OHIOO only workouts to TV. I be there right right yeah.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Up in the morning.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club