Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live as B Joey, p Joe Pi, Zipia. And you wanted the intro, you got the intro today. We got to bring it back and fix it around though, but we didn't want to not play it just for fun, because well we like to have fun around these places. We're here on our Twitch, Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros Live every single day noon Eastern time. Join us there. I saw our subs just blew up over the weekend, which I love to see. And only did that blow up, but also the Yankee Bats blew up. We're gonna talk about that. We're gonna talk about injuries, we're gonna talk about bets, and we're also going to talk about the reason again that we're moving over to Twitch is because what we're able to do on the YouTube an all time record of a Leading Off episode not one, but two, but three times as many views on that episode. Very cool. I just want to thank everybody else out there for subscribing on the YouTube channel or remember the show will be on YouTube every single day, so don't worry about that. Well, that was really cool to see that everybody came over to Twitch to watch us live today to support us, and also on the YouTube channel. Do you feel the love? Because I feel it.
Speaker 2: I do feel the love. Yeah, a little conjointed there. We got to like watch it physically for everybody, but on that little video there, But yes, we all time record episode of leading off. On the second episode. It was funny because it wasn't the first one too. The first one was like, okay, very good, it's.
Speaker 1: Too busy complaining about MLBtv networking that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. Well, guess what, it's Panic Monday, and we've got lots of other things to complain about, from the utensils they use on the field to the players that you're putting in your fantasy lineups. We've got all the panic and all of the chaos that you could possibly handle.
Speaker 1: All right, let's jump right into it. Also, shout out to Trill first time on Twitch. That's we love to see. We love seeing that. Awesome. All right, So let's jump in with two feet here because we've got the Yankees. We got to talk about this incredible weekend for the Yankees. They are on pace. By the way, this is not made up, you know, normally I like to be a little hyperbolic for comedy's sake here on the show. They're on pace for eight hundred and ten home runs on the season right now, four home runs, including three straight in the first, hitting twenty runs against Milwaukee on Saturday. I was watching as it was cleaning up the house, and I thought that like something was on a loop or they were showing like because I was going in and out, like, what is another home run? Another home run?
Speaker 2: Is the MLBtv messing up again? Are they just in the same play? No?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe that was part of it. But the interesting thing was the torpedo bats became a bit of a question mark. Now Anthony Volpi, who I've had multiple home runs recently, he's using a jazz Chisholm who is on fires using it. He was three for four with two homers. His exit velocity, by the way, Welsh around ninety last year. This year it's at one oh five. I looked into that because I wanted to see what's going on now. These bats early, they are not illegal, they are legal. They were made by some Mit folks. Some of the bats from other teams made by some Kennedy College. I can only assume. But basically what they're doing is they're moving the barrel a little bit and focusing on where certain hitters tend to make more of their contact. Not everybody has great barrel rates, So basically, if you don't have a good barrel rate, that's okay, we'll just move the barrel for you. Some other teams, I think Junior camp and Arrow said he's got one, a couple other teams. Reee Hoskins I saw, he said, I just ordered a dozen after this weekend, So we'll see what goes on there. We actually have a picture of case you didn't see what it looks like. Oh, here's a picture of what the bat looks like right now. So there you go. So that kind of looks like that a little bit. You know, it's not very noticeable. Welsh' that's the big part.
Speaker 2: I want to I think I bought one of these from my kid at a game one time. That's a good look.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, there's a little bit more barrel, not a ton, guys, But that's a big old bat, you know. Fun fact too, by the way, this bat has actually been around since last year. Drake Baldwin talked about using one of these in the AFL, So this is not like the newest thing. But I usually everybody hates it and everyone's like MLB, he's got to look into it. I think it's great. I think like good like I love innovation, you know what, Like of all the sports, there's no more innovation in any other sport than baseball. Whether it is willing to change the base paths fake in pretend you're not changing the baseballs at every moment and seems and allowing the bat and all it is is like I guess there's a certain amount of wood if you will, and they're just moving some of the wood from the top end of the barrel. And it's really it's super smart. If we're gonna sit there and be high analytical. It is utilizing the highest contact point of a hitter and just putting the barrel there. If that's legal, Go down everybody for doing it. I'm all for it, but careful what you wish for, because we are going to have a whole new version of fly ball. I know multip people have talked about it. Home run a flyball ratio is up like it's never been before. You want to you want to try to get pitchers to stop throwing one hundred and blowing out their arms and get back to pitching. I don't think making the home run and barrel rate even higher is going to help to any of that. I am fascinated to see if Baseball tries to counteract it with pretending to another seam issue in there. But hey, man, I'm for this thing. Not every player is using it. Ironically, you pick Judge and he's one that's not using it, but a lot are.
Speaker 1: And you know what, Look it's fine. I mean technology, it just seemed to come out of nowhere, but apparently it did not. It was just on the down low. And I think you're going to see a lot of copycat people. It's a copycat league, and it's a league that's looking for offense, and the league that always is going to make it difficult for pitchers. So get ready because some of these pictures eras might start flying to the other thing. I will point out the Brewers' pitchers were awful. They they were familiar with Cortes. They lit it was awful. Lot of the well, no, some of the other ones were too. But they also I want to say the velocity of the pitches they hit out were all between eighty five and ninety two. So when you're throwing batting practice up there, it doesn't matter you know what kind of bat, using a fun go bat, it doesn't matter. Balls are gonna go out. So that's the main headline. Will monitor this. It's something to keep in mind in your Yankee Stadium two when you're looking at home run profser guys now like Chisholm and Volpi and whoever else is on here because different bat, smaller ballpark, you know, lesser opponent, a lot of possible things. There A sigh of relief Jose Ramirez, everybody, including me yours truly. I just drafted him in our fantasy pros league and then immediately sprained right wrist. But good news, he was just day to day. All the imaging came back clean, so you can breathe. Everybody, hos your mirror is okay. He might even play today. I haven't seen the lineups yet, but my guess is he doesn't play today, but we'll get him at some point this week. Jacob de Gram was back five innings, six k's, two walks, no runs. The velocity was sitting between eighty six. Excuse me ninety six and ninety eight Welsh. What did you make of the Jacob de Grom start yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I liked it. It was really interesting because early on he really didn't get any strikeouts. If you were playing a strikeout prop, I didn't. He had no strikeouts in the first inning, and I think he ended the second with one or two or something like that. And part of that was in the first three innings. I believe Lance Brasdowski had mentioned this that he started throwing the change up, and he threw the change up in the first three innings a whole bunch, and it worked pretty well. That ended up having a fifteen percent usage. That change up had a sixty percent with rate, which led to later in the game fastball slider going ballistic. He went primary slider in this one forty percent slider had a fifty percent with rate. Fastball did not get a bunch of whiffs, did not get a bunch of called strikes, but he essentially used the fastball to just set up that change up and specifically that slider. That slider was absolutely dominant. I thought it was a fantastic start. He was super efficient. It took seventy something pitches for him to get through five, and I wonder if it's going to be something to track, if you know, maybe using a change up earlier on incounts is going to set him up to later big strikeouts in the betting market watch for maybe his strikeouts to come back down. But I thought it was massively encouraging for Jacob de Grom here in the health and just everything. And I don't know, I know you're like not super into Jacob de Grom, but the outing just screamed positivity, and some of the pitch mixed change was also something really interesting to monitor instead of him just trying to throw, you know, just try to throw one hundred at every point. You know, he doesn't need to necessarily do that. He hit ninety eight, but he sat ninety six in this start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna look positive, of course, don't don't mistaken I'm rooting for Jacob de Grom. I like Jacob de Grom. I just didn't want to pay the calls for Jacob de Grom because I thought it was a terrible investment. And I'll stick by that. It's April tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. Time.
Speaker 2: One thing on like so Mayor. Mayor brings up a really interesting point. He goes da Graham's change up looked off to me. It was sailing and staying up in the zone. But he was good anyway. But part of it was like his change like no Pun intended. He was throwing a change up more early on in the game that was setting up this later slider and fastball setup. It's gonna be interesting to see to your point. You know, if he's throwing more of a change up that he's uncomfortable with, you could see some iffiness in early starts. But also this could be the setup for just big strikeouts. We might be we might be in store for like a really interesting good Jacob de Gram's season. But we're gonna have to watch that change up usage.
Speaker 1: And he got a questions. You could drop me and we'll try to get to some question today too. Would you drop Nimo for Shaw or a bray you? Nimo felt me in the draft and he took and I took him just on principle, I would not drop Nimo for a bray You. For sure Shaw is interesting. It depends on your roster construction, but I'd rather have.
Speaker 2: Nimo man it's close. I am big forty one percent yesterday, will you or Bray who's ownership was across I don't remember if it's just ESPN or Yahoo. We track on Fantasy pros some of the things. It's all for the sites. But regardless on I know like some people are gonna be like, well, were Brutal was not available. Willie Bravey is available under fifty percent of leagues. You got to pick him up like him and mckinzigre with the two players that yeah, well okay, but not even while he's hot, like great bat speed, good power, He's healthy, and I think that's what's super underrated about him. I might consider shot for him if I really needed some outfield help. I think you might be shocked and surprised at how close those two guys are. I'm not dropping Nemo, but I'm very very pro will you or Brady if you can findure.
Speaker 1: Think Bray you here's the footsteps of Roman Anthony. That's what I think personally, Nucking wants to know. Speaking of panic, someone dropped Totlia. Would you drop Cees or Garrett Mitchell for him? Here's your guy, Welsh? What do you do?
Speaker 2: Ooh? I don't think I could drop Cees right now. I think he's starting to lock in. I think he was hitting four yesterday right behind Ellie, which you really want to see. But I would be okay with Garrett Mitchell, like I I like Garrett Mitchell and stuff. He's at the end of the draft. I think totally is going to start to get going. I've obviously been pro him, so I would be cool with that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on. Spencer Swellenbach very good yesterday. It's funny. Roby Ray was very good yesterday and the things just kind of unraveled. Was he perfect? I think the first five innings and then you know, things went bad. Waiver Wire. As you were saying, by the way, make sure you follow us on social media. Just put out a Waiverwire video. Two of guys even still floating around there after waivers have run, you might be able to pick up a bray you forty one percent rostered Lozardo, who had a huge day. We'll talk more about that later in the show. Jeffrey Springs, remember I kept talking about Jeffrey Springs towards the end of the era. Well, guess what thirty one percent rostered Manzarto another one of Joeyp's guys. He's gotten off to a good star torkleson two twenty seven percent, so lots of good there, Rookie lookie time getting caught up on some of the rookies, the good and the bad. Christian Campbell hot start, good egg of velocities, first home run, also deep into talks for an extension. So you know, the socks have not pulled any punches here. They know exactly what they think of Christian Gamble. They want to lock him up. They don't want a similar situation where like Mookie Bets two point out again where they.
Speaker 2: Just this is what you do, but this is what you do with these young guys. You get them locked up. The Divecks just did it with Brandon Fott, is what you do. Really interesting about Christian Campbell outside of some of the success And I told you guys, I have two al Rookie of the Year bets. I did that last I got twenty five to one on cam Smith, which is super fun. But before that I got seven and a half to one on Christian Campbell. Christian Campbell is putting up really high like top ten bat speed numbers, in Major League Baseball and also putting a big hard hit numbers. I think he had like a one to twelve. His average EV is low, but it's two. This is early in the season, but he's already put up like a one to twelve max EV. So big hard hit which you really love to see. Incredible bat speed which is working through. That's something we're going to talk about Devers that's ticking down. There's some underlying elements that just make me feel really really great about Chris Campbell and seeing those two things click with some of the success. Christian Campbell, I think, is in a really really good spot right now, is going to continue moving up that lineup.
Speaker 1: Be weezy. How we feeling about Dylan Cruz Funny you should mention him, but weezy because he's next on our list to talk about over eleven eight strikeouts? Is panic setting in on this first Monday of the MLB season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had questions about it yesterday. He is getting eaten up. There's you know, righty's, he's going down to eight lefties. I think he moved up. Sliders are killing him. I think righty's are killing him right now. Someone asks, like how much how many more strikeouts can he have before he's sent down. I do think there's a Jackson Holiday potential in him. If it gets bad, there's the potential for, like, you know, two weeks from now. If it continues like this, maybe they do send him down. I tend to think not. And obviously it's three games. Let's like let him adjust and stuff as a rookie. But there is some panic, guys, and I would start putting him on the bench for a little bit because right handed hitters are absolutely destroying him.
Speaker 1: Well, right in pitchers, or certainly our pitchers.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, you know what.
Speaker 1: He Anthony Volpi's back, but that's not the only young guys we're gonna talk about today. Because everybody's favorite segment is back. It's time for prospecting with the Welsh. That's right, We're gonna be prospecting mine in the minor leagues. Let's try to find us some prospects we won't be adding to our rosters. Let's start off with Kyle Teal, who has been red hot here to start the year. Kyle Teal part of the Garret Crochet trade coming over from the Boston Red Sox, so a huge part of that deal is basically the the part, but you know, the main piece, And interesting enough, I still can't believe that they got Garret Crochet and didn't have to move Anthony Campbell or may or any of those other guys they asked us for Mike Mayor. I said yes, Wels said no, and they ended up not taking him. So what are you gonna do? At the end of the day, Kyle Teal off to a good start. The power certainly there for this left handed bat.
Speaker 2: So Teal's really interesting to throw in here when we're talking about it early in the season. Triple A has started. We don't even have the rest of the minor league season, but it's still we can look at stashing prospects and Kyle Teal is a fascinating one two catcher leagues. I think he should really pay attention to him singular. It's something to watch for. He's been an absolute hitting machine since he's gone down to Triple A. Going into yesterday, he was already hitting over five hundred couple homers. And what I think is most fascinating about it, and this is a balance and a dance you have to do with prospects is you've got to have the balance of their talent versus the potential spot for them to play in. We're going to talk about one of those guys here, maybe the most talented prospects in the game, with wears his spot. Kyle Teal, though, is in a situation that do we really think that Corey Lee and Matt Thiss are players that can hold him down? No, I don't think so. They send him to Triple A with the potential of going to the majors. I don't think they're in a spot where you want to hold him down for extra year. I mean, anything is possible if he struggles. But I think this really big hot start, also with the White Sox winning a few games, that you're only a little bit more struggles out of a Matt Dice, maybe not Corky Lee, but a Matt Dice from Kyle Teal coming up. So the very very first weekend of the Triple A season, Kyle Till really popped off. And he's a player that you got to keep on your mind, all right.
Speaker 1: Next up, let's talk about Bubba Chandler. Everybody's to talk about him in the preseason. Another one of these pitching prospects from Pittsburgh. So what's the four on one on Bubba.
Speaker 2: So Bubba Chandler, one big thing we're going to see is he is pitching tomorrow. He is pitching on four to one. So if you guys want to start off, it's not an April Fools joke. Hopefully the line is also not a fool. But Bubba Chandler is going to get that first start, and I think it's going to be really really telling to innings. I think they might build him up a tiny bit. There is a battle between him and Thomas Harrington, but I will say this, Thomas Harrington's one of the best minor league pitching prospects out there as well. Harrington seemed like the short gap they would go with him if they're in a spot right now where we're just waiting a bit until one guy comes up, and obviously the Jared Jones scare or maybe it works out being good. I think Bubba Chandler, when they decide to go with a main guy, is going to be just an absolutely phenomenal, big fastball. They've also given us the blueprint of pitching prospects coming up in Jones and Paul Skeins, and if the Jared Jones injury is worse than thought. I think the worst case scenario is Bubba Chandler is up in six weeks. I think there is a possibility that we can see him at the end of this month. This is prospects to stash and or monitor. It is very, very early, but you got to keep. If you have a top five list of prospects you should stash right now, Bubba Chandler should be on it. And let's pay attention to that. April first start.
Speaker 1: Til I've moved all the way up to the top of mine stashes, because I just feel like, as you mentioned earlier, this pathway is so clear and potentially so quick if he continues to hit. Let's go to another prospect here. Next on our list is Nick Kurtz, Athletics first baseman. Now, not much room at the inn for him, But what is about Nick Kurtz? Do you wanted to bring out for the people today?
Speaker 2: So this is the toughest one. So man, it is literally like guys in front are killing me here because Nick Kurtz, this is another one of those absolutely hot start in triple A. That's an aggressive assignment that they decided Nick Kurts is just drafted last year. They didn't go with even like the Christian more go and throw him and you know, you know, put him at double A or whatever. They threw him right at triple A. Kurts has gone right in and started hitting. I mean, you want to put a torpedo bat in someone's hands, put it in Nick Kurtz's hands. That dude really great contact. You're not going to fool him inside, big, big power numbers, legit. The only thing holding him back right now is that the guys in front of him with I almost did the Oakland thing with the A's. The sacramento is that Tyler Soderstrom is off to a really hot start. He looks really good, and they got Brent Rooker at DH. Nick Kertz does not have position flexibility. That's a big thing I'm holding him back. Also does as a catcher, but you got to shangal ears, so I'm not one hundred percent sure how they do that. If soda Strom or Brent Rooker were to be hurt, I think Kurtz is up immediately. If you get a big struggle buss going on, Kurtz would be up. The problem you have here is the blockage versus the amount of minor league time. This could push into May or even June. But if you're going to do an early stash, this is what this is all about right now, about a week early stash. Nick Kurtz being at Triple A, having that hot bat and be in the future of this team in a minor league ballpark is phenomenal. We might have to pay attention to him more later in the season, but we're looking out for Nick Kurtz right now.
Speaker 1: Who's more blocked right now? Nick Kurtz A Roman Anthony.
Speaker 2: I think Nick Kurtz right now, that's a great question. We're going to talk about.
Speaker 1: Rita here coming back at some point too. I mean, then that gets really crowded over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they it's tough. It's tough to say because you're right, like, but I think like Yoshida is trending on a major downward spiral. It seems like there is like one there's like one physical move this team could make and they could get Roman Anthony up right now and it would be with Rafaela and moving around the outfield. But if they do love Yoshida and they don't move him or something. Yeah, it does block. Both of these guys are blocked. That's the kind of sucky thing. But that's also why I'm adamant if in this first week, just if you are a speculator on prospects and a pickup, pick up the biggest best names. If there is an injury or something crazy happens, and then as things start to show out a little bit more and we have higher sample sizes, then we can make more calculated, educated guesses of when guys are going to come up.
Speaker 1: All right, I don't usually like to recommend starting pitchers on the Colorado Rockies. Was Chase Delander clearly one with talent. So talk to me about Delander, what you see potentially going forward for him.
Speaker 2: I think everybody is with you. Nobody wants to do the pitching prospect in Colorado. I completely understand. But he is a very unique talent. Had his first start this weekend. It was on Sunday when four innings, struck out five, give up six hits, two walks, an earned run. Very very good start. The four innings is big key. It's a multi pitch arsenal that even he has talked about. He thinks he can get into Colorado and he can avoid losing some of those big spin numbers. He's a massively efficient college pitcher out of Tennessee. He almost made the rotation. I again like Colorado pitchers are kind of icky, but Kyle Frieland played well out of Colorado. I think Dolander could be a pitcher that could even succeed outside of just post Colorado starts. To me, he is a guy that you need to keep a lookout for. I think he could be up very very soon in Colorado, and you know, beware of your ratios and stuff like that. But Dolander and Bubba Chandler are the top two pitching prospects that I think have a shorter timeline, like Andrew Painters the number one, but we know he will not come until the back half of the year, so I'm still in on Dolander.
Speaker 1: There you go. Make sure you continue to follow all of Welsh's work on prospects over at Fantasypros dot com and check out Prospect One his podcast as well. And that, my friends, is the first of twenty twenty five's Prospected with the Welsh. We love it around these parts, all right, let us get to the three up and three down. Before we get there, let's shout out some of our new subscribers here to the channel, because we got a lot of them over the weekend. Welsh, what do you see? And by the way, everybody, when you subscribe again, you get access to the home run channel, which is a premium feature, but because you're special and you're with us on Twitch, you get access to call your home runs. It's still very early in the contest, so make sure you get in on that at our discord Fantasypros dot Com slash chat and go into the home run channel. Welsh, who's new hanging out with?
Speaker 2: That's right, Joey doesn't have a homer, so you can come in and you're already dating start off.
Speaker 1: Slow last year too, you remember first week and a half guy, just like ooh rocket ships rocket ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And by the way, when you do it, not only do you get the channel, you get the home run channel on our discord that you can play a part, and but you get rid of ads. I just want to point that out again. Ads go away when you have a sub But we had dex teeny subscribed with Prime Solar. Sub subscribe to Prime to Fisher King d's a couple of our subs just during this tons and tons of new followers in here as well.
Speaker 1: Got Glitchy Joe and Puppet Joe.
Speaker 2: Bring that one up right there from Fantasy Pros. Right there, we have two. You guys can't quite see this, but Glitchy Joe and Puppet Welsh right there are just the Puppet Welsh one is absolutely phenomenal. I want to make stickers on it. But yeah, shout out to everybody that's doing the follows, which we.
Speaker 1: Can't figure out why. Again, it seems like just a stream yard issue because everything else I do is fine on every other platform. So who knows what are you gonna do? Uh? Yeah, Mike Maher saying, yeah, I started off cold last year and then started calling Otadi and Judge every day. And guess what, there's no rules that I can't so Mayor, I got two words for you. Yeah, right there, buddy, that's right. It's going back to nineteen ninety eight right there. All right, let's get the three up and three down with some fun stuff. Hey, Zu's lizardo oh way was he good? Eleven strikeouts two or and over five On Saturday, Jordan Westburg four for five with two homers. On Saturday, Josh Nailer reach base all five of his plate appearances, So happy Welsh there for his Diamondbacks. Do toy down Bailey Ober pounded for eight runs, but don't fret. Last year the same thing happened. I want to say, like his first day era is like one of the worst ever starts in baseball, always every single year, and then he's fine. So I don't know whatever it is. He just doesn't like this first start, but it's wild. Michael, I'm not a I know Norvin under guy. Michael Harris by the way oero for three strikeout for the Braves also so far hitting zero sixty seven.
Speaker 2: You know, I just want people to know, wait, wait, wait zero.
Speaker 1: Runs, zero r by RBI or no Stone bases as well. There you go, floor short.
Speaker 2: I just want to point this out that, like I did some work on that. Joe does the show sheets always, but I've been kind of helping out and doing some stuff. I want you to know that I had put Joe took off, that the Diamondbacks had the biggest comeback of the season, came back down by blah blah blah beat the Cubs, incredible output. He took that off and then he put in that. Michael Harris went, oh for three.
Speaker 1: I just want you guys to know the same control that this it's not the same villain because one was in ups and one was in downs. And although that is very fun, I think at the same time you have to give the people more fantasy stuff, right, That's that's what you got to give him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: I'm just give a fantasy stuff. I was trying to find it. I think Vlad Seddler had it. There you go, Vlad did have it. I found it. So first games of the season for Bailey over twelve thirty six ERA two point one four whip. All other games three point four two, ERA point nine to eight whip. I'm just saying, this is your window, everybody, this is your window.
Speaker 2: Isn't it weird? There's these guys out there that like, you know, it's like what Simeon is a second half player and then you have these first It's just so weird, weird quotoriously Tyler O'Neill hits a homer on opening Day every year, Isn't it just weird?
Speaker 1: By the way, Tildoe bagans what happens if a player hits multiple homers, he get them all in one day. Till though, that's We've had a couple of questions about Mason Win. So let's get into Mason win bad. Start it low in the order. Are you freaking out?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm freaking out? But am I concerned? Like, yeah, he's hitting at nine in the order. He's been kind of piss poor. He's got no potential to move up right now. So sure, if there's somebody, would I drop Mason Win for William Bray you, Yes, I would. I would do that if you're looking for middle infield help. So here's a prime example. This is a guy that I'm very interested in. I did a little thing on my itail Patreon of like different pickups under ten percent ownership right now is Jorge Polanco. The Mariners stink, but Jorge Polanco really looks like he's you know, he's the only guy that's consistently hitting. He's under ten percent owned on ESPN and and Yahoo. Would I drop Mason Win for Polanco? Maybe? Like, I think you should wait it out for Win. I you know, there's a good speed, good contact, But could you you could do, but let's wait until next week or the week after. But it is pretty bad. I mean, listen, there are guys. I'm trying to get most of the crazy, panic, freak out and lose your mind stuff out of my brain.
Speaker 1: At a Lopez or Polongo Lopez Planka very good to start these.
Speaker 2: I would go with Polonko, but yeah, Lopez has been good and hitting in a prime spot. But like what I freak out? Am I really freaking out about all these guys?
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 2: But am I a little concerned about Win? Yes? Am I little concerned about Cruise? Yes? Am I a little concerned about the guy we're about to talk about? Yeah? But nothing that is making me go ballistic right now. I'm not going to drop Bailey over and move him just because he gave up a bunch of runs on his first one. But you need you need to store it in the back of your mind of panic, but not freak out.
Speaker 1: I knew you were going to freak out when I took the dimeback stuff out. I knew. I knew you were going to mention it on the show live.
Speaker 2: I knew it's the biggest comeback of the season. They're down four on the eight.
Speaker 1: You brought it and and I knew you would get it in there anyway. I just I wanted more things in here in this section.
Speaker 2: It was smart, so smart.
Speaker 1: You can't have a down section without Raphael to Evers. Right now, Well, come send this guy one of those torpedo bats. He is zero for sixteen with twelve strikeouts. We were in a league where it's and if you're a league was strikeouts are hurting you. Of my god, he's killing you right now. The swing, by the way is down three miles per hour, which is also interesting to me. That says the bat speed being behind that shoulder still not strong.
Speaker 2: That's what that I was gonna say, Joe, your your connection's really rough there with your audio. Your audio is going out. But I think I think if everybody heard, it's what I was gonna say. Is the thing that's weird about Devers the most is the bat speed is down. I saw someone did a rolling chart on bat speed. We're down to some of the lowest numbers we've ever seen with him. So like a is he striking out a bunch? Like we could be like, oh well he got he has to go play DH And it's in his head a little bit, and you know, it's the beginning of the season. Like, we can mild some excuses for how bad this is because he's beenn incredible player, but then there's also some underlying stuff right now that speaks to a really bad story. I am concerned, but I don't know what to do because we last year. You want to talk about the year over year things. Remember how worried we were about Rafael Devers at the beginning of last year with the injury stuff in slow starts. I'm not sure, you know, I don't. I don't think this is gonna make you and I breaking him down in a trade video to go and buy him or sell him. But I'm gonna keep a close SiGe on it because that is in absolutely insane. He's the only guy with twelve strikeouts in like sixteen at bad Like that's crazy, that's craziness.
Speaker 1: Am I back? Now? You are back?
Speaker 2: You sound right?
Speaker 1: So? Yeah, three miles per hour less, That's what I was trying to get to earlier when Welsh picked up the ball. Thank you Welsh, good job there, buddy. To me, it says the shoulder is not healthy. That's what it says. To me, uh, and he's not generating the same bat velocity and that's a problems.
Speaker 2: Could he pull Could he pull a James Harden though? Could he be wearing a fat suit playing bad? And then he gets traded and then all of a sudden, okay, Finny pounds lesson.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you this, I'm not going to put it past the Red Sox a deal because I think a lot of teams look at that contract. It's very team friendly when you can consider vlad Guerrero Junior. But he's going to get this offseason and you saw the Sodo contract. There's a lot of teams looking at Devers going, well, if you will dh or maybe we'll let them play third base because we don't care. You know, this opens up more money for them to sign Christian Campbell to a long term deal, to sign a Crochet to an extension, maybe Roman Anthony too, and continue to do all that. Man, that's a really good situation there, and and if Devers is going to pout and be a little you know what about it.
Speaker 3: Then so be it.
Speaker 2: So you know, let me throw this out here. When we're doing the prospects segment, we had moved actually the most important guy. And then when we kind of talked about him, I didn't I didn't get in to get what I wanted to get onto itim. But Roman Anthony was kind of number one on the list, just had a two homer game, you know, like huge hot start to the first couple games. He's going to push the envelope to this. He is on that list of those guys that you should be stashing, even if it looks like total blockage. But it's not out of the realm apossable. And I was saying, they're going to do this, and I think it's way overreactioning. But because of the team they have, it's not out of the realm of possibility that this team could move a Devers in a pitching heavy type of move, because they could then go and move will You're or bray you let's say to the DH or Roman Anthony and they can go play in the outfield. Maybe you don't lose a whole bunch. You don't want too many rookies, but if a Devers ended up getting you, I'm just throwing stuff out here. A Dylan ceest Sandy Al like, yeah, well, it could be a multi multi position Major League. But I don't think it's the realm of possibility that they would end up doing this and that they could improve their team and it would open up a spot for a guy like Roman Anthony. But that might be a more mid season move. I really don't think they do that. But we're just out here having fun speculat.
Speaker 1: I think he's not healthy and he's got booboo face about dhing. I think it's a terrible combination, and right now I agree with Welsh, it's tough to sell them. I think you could. I think you still get a lot for him if you want to. Will monitor it.
Speaker 2: In real life, in real life, not doing it in fantasy.
Speaker 1: In fantasy, I think I'm entertaining offers. If somebody wants to blow me away, I'm listening. Before we get to the injuries. Real quick. My playbook that's how you manage all of your fantasy baseball lineups and dominate all your leagues. Download my playbook now Fantasybros dot Com, slash MLB My Playbook, or just download the MLB My Playbook app wherever you get your apps from Custom Fantasy Baseball News for your team's rankings analysis. Everything's right there you could see the players on the waiver wire. And of course remember set all your lineups and all your different leagues and all your different sites in one spot with my playbook. Let's get to the injuries. Of course, Max Scherzer is hurt because well baseball is back thumb fifteen day IL, so back with the thumb issue. Josh Young goes in the ten day IL with next spasm. Spencer Streider allowed one run in three innings in his rehab start, so that's good. Things are going in the right direction for him. Brandon Woodruff is going to throw a simulated game this week too. We'll keep an eye on that. And also Colton Kowser to the IL as well. Hestin Kirstad. It is going to be starting today against the lefty Welsh. Get excited, so they.
Speaker 2: Gotta do you have all lefties in there? But yeah, Cowser got hurt. There is going to be more opportunities for kurst Out, which is pretty solid deeper leagues. Maybe it's a stash, but I feel like there's a lot of players like I would rather steal. Manzart like I'm big. We talked about the waivers earlier. Manzarto is kind of high up that list. I would take Torquosen, Manzarto and all them before, but maybe keep a lookout. Maybe he can hold a curse. I can hold a gig. Moving forward, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's get to a couple questions. We're going to lightning around some questions here. Cookie drop Kerry Carpenter or Garrett Mitchell for Victor Scott.
Speaker 2: Yes, but if more specific, I would drop. I think Carpenter's just a monster platoon player. Maybe you don't like that. I'm cool with either one of them. I felt like my gut would be Garrett Mitchell because like I wanted him for stolen bases. But Victor Scott's gonna still fifty.
Speaker 1: So yes, fred Gini, Alfredo, great name. What do you think about job against the Mariners day in Seattle? Would you think about that?
Speaker 2: I'm okay, Yeah, I'm okay with it. Seattle's offense has been absolutely atrocious early on. I do worry about job throwing too many early strikes and stuff like that, but it's good stuff. I actually think it's a decent spot.
Speaker 1: Start Laker Saint Louis Scott or so Victor Scott or doing cruise.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I actually think this is close. I'm gonna stick with Cruise right now, because like if you drafted him as high as you did and then you cut him after three games, I don't know what to tell you, but Victor Scott is going to make this super close and it may look silly later, but I got a hold on a Cruise.
Speaker 1: Helio Ramos or James Wood.
Speaker 2: I'm James Wood.
Speaker 1: But hell, I don't know if it's like a today thing, like I mean, if you're talking about long term, we're not in the same universe here. What about Drew Rasmisen plug and play him today?
Speaker 2: Yep, absolutely, I agree.
Speaker 1: All right, that's two for two on there. All right, let's get to some fun stuff, a little betting here. I got the best bets of the day, so does Welsh. And remember, if you want to place your bets, new customers can place their first bet over on FanDuel at five bucks, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. So take one of these things and go win again. It's fantasypros dot Com slash leading off. That is where you go do again Fantasypros dot Com slash leading Off to get that new offer for FanDuel customers. I noticed something in the comeback play of the year odds yesterday and I bet them, and I bet another one this morning too, Jacob de Grams three to one in the American League. I think it's a good wager also American, excuse me, nationally comeback of a player of the year. You've got Ronald Acunya, Spencer Schreider, Ronalcunia plus two eighty right now, that's a phenomenal number you could put a couple units on, and then Spencer Stryder plus three eighty. So I'm just saying there's a futures market to be had right now, and those guys have not come back, so I would strongly recommend looking at that. My best bet of the day has to do with Christopher Sanchez. I know Welsh is in there too, but it really is the best bet of the day. I'm going over on FanDuel plus one twelve on the six and a half strikeouts. I'm also gonna pair it. I'm gonna bet that separately and then bet it along with the Phillies on the money line to win the game out right plus one forty four. How about Raffaeld Devers to record a hit under plus one sixty five point five. There you go, so under of the point five. So no more hits for Raffield Devers today plus one sixty five and let's continue to troll the cold guys. I'm gonna go unders here. I'm the new undertaker, Michael Harris. Total basis under point five plus money plus one oh five Welsh, what do you got for the people? I love that? All right?
Speaker 2: Well, my couple things in here. My bet sheet is drunk. We have the South Carolina game Cocks versus Cleveland that is supposed to be San Diego. And I like Sanchez's new name, but I think it's appropriate because I might be I might be a fade. I had one of the worst opening days I could have had. I actually had a good, solid Friday. Weekend was not great, our Saturday was not good. Again Sunday. I made one bet we want it. I am gotta pace myself, so I'm being very very selective. Bad start, But feel free to troll troll on the other side of me. You can. I can be your fade here. But I'm with you, Christopher Sanchez at the bottom, I'm with you. I am, actually, but the only thing we're missing in here. That one. I gotta tell you that one is wild.
Speaker 1: That one's not even like ague for our graph people who says the word sandwich, it's the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not total bait. I don'n't even know what that is.
Speaker 1: Okay, where Chris Well? I think it's Scandinavian. I want to say the jay is silent South African.
Speaker 2: You know what I might, I might buy myself out of his bet. It's so messed up. That is a bad sign. It's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: I didn't do well because I bet it too. So now if you get I gotta get out.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: No, But here's the difference. It's Christopher Sanchez six plus strikeouts. I don't know what total base is. Under point five is his number on A lot of books are six point five. I don't want to go to seven. I want six. I got six at minus one thirty five. So I went Christopher Sanchez six plus strikeouts. It was it was not minus money, it was minus one thirty five. So that one's crazy. He went around eighty mid innings. Yeah, there you go, that's what it is. He went around eighty and a half in his start last year. But Colorado. All three Tampa Bay starters have had seven or more strikeouts against. Liddell had seven, so I am one hundred percent on there. If you could take Christopher Sanchez total bases under, I would also do that. Ryan Nelson did get a hit as a pitcher, but it is six plus strikeouts at minus one thirty five. With that, I'm taking the Phillies run line minus one point five against Colorado. You've got a good BVP on like Kyle Schwarber, Bryce Harper, solid, so I like that. And then I'm going with not South Carolina game Cocks, but San Diego Cleveland total runs over. It's a low number at eight, but you've got Kyle Hart and you've got Louis Ortiz. I know you don't care about spring. Both of them got them things lit in spring, and you have two big offenses right now.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Obviously, if Ramirez is not in, that hurts a little bit, but I'm gonna go with the over eight runs in that game, Philly run line and Christopher Sanchez six plus.
Speaker 1: Yes, by the way, Ethan would have never let this happen. I just want to say, oh my god, it never happened. If Ethan was doing this. I love you, Kelly. We're just joking around, all right. Let's get to the home run calls of the day. Remember you can go to your discord and go make your home run calls at Fantasy Worlds dot com slash chat. It's where the cool kids are hanging out. Let's take a look at the home run board here, see how things are stacking up over the weekend. And look at that George is up to five. I can only assume he just went in. All the Yankees there Dj Osbourne at four, along with Razor and Wonkee Penguin. So that's the top of the board. The winner gets a Sammy Sosa autographed Commas jersey this year. I like the throwbacks. I think that's cool. All right, here's my pick for today. It's the one one in my heart. Jan Soto plus three eighty. Give me my boy to hit a home run today, get me on track. I like to give everybody a head start every year and then I start climbing up the rank. So two for one soda today would be great, but I'll settle for one. Welsh Where you going with your home run call for Monday?
Speaker 2: One toada made I did get a cruise missile. Last week shout out to O'Neil crue on the plus money total basis, and I got on the board, but I'm not on the physical board. I have one homer so far in the contest. I am going with said Kyle Schwarber. Kyle Schwarber really great BVP versus Herman Marquez. I just like the matchup, even it wasn't a great VVP writy picture there in Philly. I'm gonna go with Kyle Schwarber. If you're on fandel plus two forty on the homer, if you bet the homers, I need to get on that board. I really thought I might be able to sneak on with that one homer, but didn't account for the torpedo bats.
Speaker 1: No, no one account for the torpedo bats. All right, that's gonna do it for us today. Make sure you subscribe to our Fantasy pros MLB channel like this video. Drop your comments below, give us your home run call of the day. Have some fun here. What do you think of the torpedo bats? Should they be legal? They are? Should they be? Drop your comments below. I want to hear from all of you, even the Yankee fans about all this stuff. And remember we're trying to get to twenty five thousand subscribers as soon as we can. The cart is full already on Amazon with the Luigi and Mario costumes. So the sooner we get to twenty five thousand, the sooner you get Mario and Luigi hosting the show, that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB