Speaker 1: You know, you were expected to finish plays and you understand that even if you were just closed. Did you feel tonight was an example of you being able to finish the players?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was good. We started hot and I think we played well as a defense. It's kind of in the story this year though, letting them back in the game. So that's a big focus that we need to correct because playing good teams here, you got to put them away.
Speaker 3: What do you think of that?
Speaker 1: The alignment with sam O at defensive tackle, it seemed like really playing the run well inside.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's a pass thing. He doesn't play inside on the run, but he's doing a great job. It's it's definitely different inside. So for him to adapt, he really didn't get reps at that throughout camp, so for him to be able to produce inside, it's it's a testament to his ability to adapt and help us. Might say that, you know the second half, you can do whatever team you want to be.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like this is a super Bowl level team or do you still have things you have to do to get there?
Speaker 2: Of course we need to improve, but I mean, like you, like you were talking about the rookies, showing up and and doing their part and adding to an already really good lineup of guys is huge. But yeah, we're gonna keep getting better, and I think getting this win is obviously huge, and resting up, maybe getting a couple guys back and hit hit the ground run.
Speaker 1: I think in twenty two, after by seven to two last year, after which are you able to pull on that kind of history knowing that another good run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've kind of with my message has been talking about the past. But I think it's a new team, a lot of new guys, So I think it's time to kind of just focus on the now.
Speaker 4: Some discussion you had a hat on it was not but how you're currently quaring, Uh, why did you take that opportunity to make pay would appear to be a political statement.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna talk too much about it, but I think it's an important time.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you guys have a bye week and you get to rest and recover. But before we kind of look ahead to the bye week, in this game, at halftime, you guys went in the locker room kind of down. What was going through your mind at that point when it came to the fact that it's Cowboys to lose this game again. How do we get out of this hole? How do we dominate?
Speaker 2: What was I think Fred had a great message. I don't want to give it away, but he had a great message for us in the in the locker room, and and we we felt like the superior team and we just needed to kind of execute a little better. There was a couple of things that we were we were messing up on, so just about executing longer and we should beat teams that were better than.
Speaker 4: There a little energy from George Kittle and what you could do when he's doing the third quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard you talk, Fred talk about it. He's he's a warrior. There's a lot of guys in this league who wouldn't play through the things he plays through every year. And for him to play like the best tight end in the league on National tight Ends Day while he's battling things just shows how much of a beast he is.
Speaker 1: Does his leadership help the young on the team as well, It's huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of new guys in the tight end room and then yeah, just having that leadership on offense, it is huge.
Speaker 1: What was asked after the game, if he's excited for the bye week, and he's like, not really is it's needed At the same time as it feels like kind of a little bit of a momentum stopper after you guys maybe get going there.
Speaker 4: In the second half.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it's a momentum stopper, but I'm not surprised Demo feels that way. It is tough to kind of watch people play on Sunday, but this league is is brutal, so any any rest he could get as big.
Speaker 4: But in the sixth season, I mean, have you I realized you you want to talk too much about it, But have you been tempted in the past to kind of You're no.
Speaker 2: I mean it's definitely a little easier nowadays, but but no, I don't feel too too inclined to do that because just a different climate speak.
Speaker 4: What can you say about his ascension.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's unbelievable. He came in as a rookie and he's a bit of an airhead, but he is just gotten so much better and he's he's one of my favorite players that I've ever played with, Just such a dog and you need guys like that in the back end. Who aren't afraid to come in and play the run. And and then he makes huge plays. He could cover anybody, and he's he's very unselfish. They ask him to do a lot of different things. He could be a lockdown outside corner in this league, and they ask him to play inside and he never waivers. Yeah, and I think he's gotten a little smarter about about that stuff. We can't be giving people fifteen yards. So I love him. Thanks,