Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: All right, listen up, taxpayer, is time for what you all really tuned in to. Listen to me for financial advice tax season. Boost Mobile wants to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, Boosts will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one. Carry the a really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund. Or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still? Oh, okay, time to take my financial envisor hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees, extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet details.
Speaker 5: And now I get back to my boring old day job.
Speaker 3: Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund.
Speaker 5: Joining us right now.
Speaker 3: Goodness, we had him in New Orleans that on eat fat here it is.
Speaker 2: Math stuff. He what to do?
Speaker 5: I'm good, brother, how many I'm great?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Hey, congratulations, President of basketball Operation at the University of New Orleans. How did this position come about? And explain your role to our chat feet. Yes, so, coach Tim Floyd. He's one of the greats from the University of New Orleans. Put a lot of guys in the NBA, and he didne got older. He retired, I mean a year or something ago.
Speaker 6: I told him, I said, man, I'm thinking about coaching in college and then I didn't hear nothing from him. Then a couple of months ago, say, man, I got a I got a position for you to go take over the University of New Orleans.
Speaker 5: And and uh man, the rest was history is nothing but God.
Speaker 6: Like I said, this is this is a town where I grew up at this school. The University of New Orleans has always been about propaty nation. And for a black man to get this, you know, I definitely got a salute theon Sanders for opening the doors man showing us that we could do it. So uh and and I just love me and him got on the phone call. I was saying, coach, how you think I should go about this? Like, man, take this first step the rest of it. And man, this Shannon, this is a blessing, my brother.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you it's a blessing because, especially me coming from hip hop, this history to be able to I'm running the whole program, you know, basketball operations there, everything, So it's like now they got to listen to us.
Speaker 6: But you know that the program was in shambas too, So think about it. Ain't gonna give us a better.
Speaker 2: You gotta build it up here.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna start for I can't from the top of about I gotta make you about. Yeah, So think about it, and you know it goes with my business model. Oh, I always find a problem. And if I find a problem, then I know I know.
Speaker 6: What the solution is. Then I could be a part of fixing it. And so the game and change.
Speaker 3: Look at Rick Patino, he didn't turn Saint John's all the way around. Yeah, and think about it, right, this n il stuff is now like my thing is catching the billionaires, the millionaires the alumnis from the University of New Orleans and saying, look, I caught them all yesterday.
Speaker 2: We got in the room.
Speaker 3: You know, we need y'all to make some deposits so we can go get the best best players, the best players, and that I mean the job is easy from there because a lot of guys want to play for me.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been throwing this for a while.
Speaker 6: I coached Demargin, Rozan Lance Stevens, Brandon Jennings. So I come from a program my p Miller Ballers of creating dogs, and so I know what that looked like. And uh, I got dogs coming already. They want to be with this program. And so when the portal. Come, I told him no puppies allowed all dugh, Hey, we gotta win, man, so think by the shayon. My thing is we won four games last year. This is a Division one universe, So you know what I'm going to do, Like, it's only up from that and something humble.
Speaker 5: I'm hungry.
Speaker 6: I'm letting God leave on his journey. I mean, I just got to keep climbing from them.
Speaker 1: Man, Listen, that's that's a that's a beautiful thing man, to honestly, to get a position like that in your hometown despite your background and being a rapper, because I know about your basketball game, I know about your IQ when it come to that, so be able to be passionate about something else that wasn't your main focus, but it was something that you love and now you get to actually live that dream. Like I got chills because I have things that I who want to do where I've never been presented the opportunity to do it.
Speaker 2: And now that's motivating to me. Like man, I'm like, man, if he could do it, I know, and that's what I want. I want all of.
Speaker 6: Us to yeah, like yeah, because think about it, we already stereo. Yeah yeah, so you know, in this position where I'm at, it's not like a lot of us in he's positioned, and so the school that I'm at, you're not gonna see a lot of us at these positions.
Speaker 3: And so now it's about me doing the right thing. Being able to do this under the NCAA rule.
Speaker 6: Showed him that the same way Dion Sanders did like he did it, and now we could do it in basketball and don't bring it so when you come to our games, I done learn from the goat already. When you come to these games in New Orleans, we're the coach, it's gonna be turned all the way up saying and so.
Speaker 5: You know I'm bringing y'all out.
Speaker 6: Man, It's yeah, it's gonna be but if you're gonna see some of the best basketball that you could see. And basketball changed my life and saved my life. And I went from master p to coach Pete. I mean it's a blessed yes, yes, you know, to be honest with you, this is a bit yes, And that's what it is right now. Basket Ball is a business. These kids are making money and now got the right nil deals that I can match anything.
Speaker 5: I can go after the number one players. Yeah, you know, we're gonna have.
Speaker 6: A spotlight for these kids to where the NBA is gonna come to where we are because we're gonna put these type of caliber players here and we have them, we are prepared to compete next year and to grow and get better.
Speaker 1: Listen, I have a question now when it comes to going to get players, will you ever be in a position or ever have to do the part when you go into homes and actually visit the parents and talk to them.
Speaker 2: Will you able to do that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean to be honest with you, like a lot of these parents grew up with me, grew up on my music, and they know I'm gonna take care of their kids like that. That's the most important thing. And I'm gonna lit them understand what hard work is. And myself, I want dogs. You got to be able to be dedicated to put the work in. I know you're gonna say, oh, man, master p that's my coach.
Speaker 5: No, it's coach Pen. We want good characters.
Speaker 6: We want guys that's gonna come in here and work hard and we're gonna take it from there. Like if you got that lead ability, then we're gonna make sure that these NBA scouts come in and right now, I mean, I'm about to sit down with Steph Curry because we are under on the school.
Speaker 5: And that's the first thing I said.
Speaker 3: You know, for us two black men to come together, we're gonna take this thing and blow it out the water, like we're gonna take this to the next level.
Speaker 6: Like you're gonna see even Steph Curry brand. It's like, you know, this an opportunity that we really can blow this up and we can help each other.
Speaker 3: Pepe, let me ask you this, how do you get people to see other than what they see? You know, it's because a lot of times where you grew up, how you grew up. Okay, here a rap man. He ain't not but a rapper, but you parlayed that. He said, oh no, no, no, I can I can sell a product, I can sell serious, I can sell chips, I can sell soda.
Speaker 2: Boom boom boom.
Speaker 3: They said, okay, well, no, all you do is wrap and all you are CEO lead a basketball program.
Speaker 5: How can you get in the collective and ill?
Speaker 3: How do you get how did you, Pete, get somebody to see.
Speaker 5: Other than what they saw?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, what.
Speaker 6: This is not a traditional business anymore, so you're not gonna find the traditional coaches.
Speaker 5: I mean the same way they had to believe back in Rick Patino.
Speaker 6: Like for me, i haven't been doing music for over twenty years, so they can't look at me from that perspective. They got to look and say, I've been giving back to the community.
Speaker 3: For over twenty five years. You can look at my truck. I've been doing the right thing for a long time. You know what, nobody's perfect. I'm not perfect, but I know that I'm letting go elite on this journey and I'm gonna leave my team. I'm passionate about what I do. I love what I do, like this is not about money. This is what I love to do, and I'm able to do that. This is what makes me most happy, you know, being able to help young people. Inf's the true education. Think about what I've always been on a financial literacy journey. So I've always been teaching and helping the next generation, the ones that want to listen. I done went from NFL players to NBA players to make you League Baseball. I've been helping showing them, like, you know what we have to understand in partners of financial literacy, and now to be able to help brothers in this sport to be successful because everybody's not going to the NBA right So now I'm gonna show these kids why they want to come and play for me, because not only that this is a basketball game, but most of these kids are feeding their.
Speaker 6: Families right now. In college, it's no more time waiting to get to the lead. You know, I know what it is to be hungry. My grandparents sent me to college with five dollars, like going on, I hope.
Speaker 5: You make a baby. And guess what, I came back.
Speaker 6: And made it and brought our house, brought my grandmother house, And so I know what these kids, you know, feel what they've been through. Me and Brandon Jennis talked about this last night. I said, what made you so good?
Speaker 2: Brand?
Speaker 6: He said, Man, Look, I know the conditions where I was at. Nobody wasn't gonna outwork me, even though they was bigger than me. You know, I was just with a dog on the court.
Speaker 3: And then I got a chance to be around you, Pete and see mansions and see all these nice things, and then that even motivated me even more so so imagine these kids around me gonna see that I come from the gutter. I come from nothing, and look where I'm at now. Now they get a chance to touch me and and play for the team that I'm coaching.
Speaker 5: But I'm gonna coach him. Hold, I'm gonna coach him.
Speaker 6: Tough, because you we're not gonna win if we don't create toughness.
Speaker 5: And that's what this about for me, man, And that's off.
Speaker 2: And on the court.
Speaker 5: And so I'm not only I'm not only a coach.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be a father to a lot of these kids, the same way Deon Sanders would happen to be a father to a bunch of these kickers. I'm giving I'm giving some kids opportunity, man, that never had this type of opportunity before. I'm being honest with you, like, because the regular coaches will be afraid of these type of players. Think about I had the margin roles and he was out of Compton, Brandon Jennis.
Speaker 6: Think about all these kids from some tough neighborhoods, Lance Stevenson. But I knew how to talk to this lot because think about it, you can't talk to everybody the saying no, you cannot, you know, because that's what a lot of players are gonna They're gonna, they're gonna be Yeah, And so you know what my thing is, right if I could talk to these players and coach them in love, and it's gonna.
Speaker 5: Be tough sometimes I'm gonna have to talk to them tough.
Speaker 6: But guess what, they gonna know that I'm gonna be there for them to thick and thin, and that's why they want to come be on this program with me.
Speaker 3: And Plus, we got a great city. We got a great atmosphere. This is a big city. And so you know, my next thing is getting a lot of television time to where we get that time now at the University of New Orleans. It's gonna be all about you know, the privateers now privateer nations.
Speaker 6: So getting getting all these you know, major channels to to zoom in on us because I got some of the top entertainers in the world coming. We starting off, man, like we start off. The culture is being built right now.
Speaker 2: It's built. Pet.
Speaker 3: One of the things that I tell kids, I said for me growing up, if I see it, I could be it.
Speaker 5: I could get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all I needed to do was see I saw my brother go to college, went.
Speaker 2: To college and lived with me. He go like I did. He was poor.
Speaker 3: If I was, I'm doing he went to the NFL. So if you see it, you should want to. You can pee it or you can get it. Let me ask you this, when you going so, what's gonna be your sales pitch? Because there are a lot of people that's watching this and they like, Okay, let me see what be talking about when you going to something. Let's just say, for the sake of argament, Oh, Joe and I were the number one and two recruits in the nation. Hey, we from New Orleans. Let's just say, Oh, chose from New Orleans. I'm from I'm from California. You gonna come down on my grandma's couch. You're gonna go sit down, oh Choe's couch. What's your pitch? How're you gonna bromp? Me and Ochoa team up have the number one and number two basketball players in the country.
Speaker 2: I ain't just from I ain't just from New Orleans. I'm from Uptown now.
Speaker 5: So guess what, Oh jolling, you from uptown?
Speaker 6: I know you a dog And if I'm coming to your house, I'm coming to let your parents know that I'm gonna be a coach that's gonna guide your son all the way through this process. Because this is a journey. It's not gonna be easy. I'm gonna be on them, I'm gonna be tough, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Also gonna reward him, and I'm gonna put him in a great situation to where he could get the right nil money then he could be happy. And also I'm gonna make sure he get his education because I know one thing for me.
Speaker 5: Education has changed my life and saved my life.
Speaker 3: So if I put you on that right journey, so even if you get hurt, you go through something, now, you can still take care of yourself as a man.
Speaker 6: I'm creating men. I want you to come here to play for me, but I also want you to love what you're doing, and you gotta want to be here too. So if you don't see this the place for you, then this is not the place for you.
Speaker 5: But it is that.
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to sell nobody because I've been through it all and I know that I could be there for these kids and show them the right way and then they could learn from my mistakes. But also I could teach them business. I could show them how to create their own products and brands. Also, because even the nil money is nothing to what once you Once you make a name for yourself in this college system, you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Be worth way more than this.
Speaker 6: And then the end goal and you want to get to the NBA, then guess what I've got people that that now that's gonna bring NBA scouts to our arena to come see you and so and this is the great city and if you're from here, you know that. But you also have to be able to police yourself because you've grown. So I'm gonna also be be looking for your son to be able to police hisself, be able to be accountable.
Speaker 5: And he gotta want this, because if he don't want this, I can't do nothing else on.
Speaker 6: But I could definitely show him everything that I've been through and I could put the right team around him to get to where you need to be at. And that's that's just gonna be my self pitch because it's not a sales pitch. It's just reality because I'm a I'm a I'm a black man that have been through what these black kids and and and and and young men are going through and I know they're not gonna be able to to play games with me because I have seen it all. And so when they get on this campus, you know they're gonna be held accountable like anybody else. But we're gonna win, we're gonna get better, we're gonna grow together, and that's what it's gonna be about. And we're not gonna play games with him because a lot of these other coaches of playing games with our kids, because.
Speaker 5: It's a business.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let them know.
Speaker 3: And guess what, if you get yourself to a position to where you need to go to the lead. I'm not making kids say they need to stay here, because I know I can get other kids if I need to.
Speaker 2: But if you come here and.
Speaker 3: This is where you want to be and you want to be in college for right now until you get an opportunity to go to the NBA, this is the spot for you because we're gonna take care of our kids. And that's what I've been doing all my life. And you can check you could check my you could check my record on that. So demrgin Rows and I had them since seventh grade, Lance Stevens, I had them since seventh grade, Brandon Jenny's I had them since seventh grade.
Speaker 5: I had all these kids all the way to college. So go check my resume.
Speaker 2: That's live, that's live.
Speaker 3: I have my college coach, Bill Davis, rest his soul. You know what he told me, He says, son, it's after four years. You're not in a better position than you are right now. You don't need to come here. Yeah, because if what we have to offer you here is not better than what you have where you are right now, this ain't the place for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm coming, But think about this.
Speaker 6: Why go play for them when you could play for us, somebody that really care about it.
Speaker 5: Because once you get a part of this system, you're a part of my family.
Speaker 2: Like, think about it.
Speaker 3: All these other kids, you know, if you go ask them about me, they still know me today.
Speaker 2: Think about look.
Speaker 3: At my track kicker, my track record right now right I just stop snoop career. I let them blossom and grow. Go look at everybody. I didn't create it. I didn't create the guys that they thought. Because I tell people all the time, it's like finding a used car. And so that's why I say I want to find dogs because most of the dogs, nobody really want them because they probably think their attitude too bad or maybe they've been through something.
Speaker 5: No, I know one thing that we're going to help you.
Speaker 3: Get through this if you're serious about being successful, and those are type of people I want around me. I don't care about what you've been doing life right now, if you come in here to put that.
Speaker 6: Behind you, and you're gonna do the school work and you're gonna put the work in on the court to get better. You're gonna put the work in in the summer to get stronger. We're gonna make sure you got the right nutrition. We're gonna make sure you got the right trainers around you. That it's gonna be on you. You got to have some accountability when you come in here, and if you really don't want it, this ain't the place for you, because we're gonna push you.
Speaker 1: I got a good question. I got a good question, especially when it comes to the young kids, especially today's era, the nil era, where everything is really a business style.
Speaker 2: The kids are focused on the money.
Speaker 1: They focus on I want to build my brand, I want to look a certain way.
Speaker 5: I want a certain amount of money.
Speaker 2: But how do you keep the kids focused p especially them dogs.
Speaker 1: You know that influence five, efluence by hip hop, by some of the things that they see. How do you keep focused on strictly basketball and trying to get to that next level? If your dreams are to be in the NBA, how do you keep them locked in when they're getting the money early?
Speaker 2: Well, guess what.
Speaker 6: If you get the money early, then you need to invest that money in the sum because that money don't come and go. So if you take that money invested in something, guess where you need more money. So you're gonna come here and work. You're gonna have a solid focus. You're gonna keep your mind right because we're gonna show you that. So think about it right now. A lot of kids go in college, they don't even have the nil money in a business name. And my players, I'm gonna show them that. I don't want to control them. So if you got your money in a business name, then you can hold on to create your LLC, create your incorporation. Right, and so now you have a business. So you could go to the bank and invest that money and put it away. Because my whole thing is put this money into escrow, put this money into something where you don't have to touch it right now unless you need it to help your family or whatever. Right My thing is once we show them that, so by the time next year, they're gonna double their money.
Speaker 5: We're gonna show them how to do that.
Speaker 6: And I think nobody else cares as much as me and doing that for my players because I do it anyway.
Speaker 5: Look at my master p masterclasses. I do that anyway.
Speaker 3: And so for me to be able to do that for my players only gonna be twelve or fifteen players on my team, and to be able to be that close to have a family buying with the people on my team that I want to see successful. Like I said, everybody's not gonna make it to the NBA.
Speaker 6: But if somebody come up with somebody create a business or something while we're in college. If you look at it, the guy that created Tesla, Elon Musk, he created PayPal, White was in college. I want to be able to show the athletes on my team we could do this while we're in college if we stay folks.
Speaker 5: But you gotta come here. It's not about the money.
Speaker 6: You know, everybody want to make some money, but this little money right now, I'm gonna show my players this is the lit money. The ending end game is where the real money come in at. Once you get to the league, this money. Here's nothing but to keep yourself going, keep your family going. Because we know most of these players are gonna come from hard time.
Speaker 3: I got players from York hit me up, from Chicago, from Philly, from Maryland. I got players hitting me up because guess what they want that spotlight.
Speaker 6: They want that spotlight knowing that this year, if you play for Master p, if you play for Person Miller Coach Pte, that that spotlight is gonna be on you. And if you a real dog and you could play, I wouldn't even care about ing il money right now.
Speaker 3: If I'm a real NBA player and you come here with me, you're gonna make it because all lives are gonna be on us. Right You mentioned something like the people that reached out from you, they come from hard times. You know what create tough men? Hard times, Hard time create tough men. Tough men create easy times, easy create easy men.
Speaker 2: Easy men create hard times.
Speaker 3: You see that cycle, gold feet, You see what you did is that pe came from an improverb situation, a very hard time. It created a very tough minded and sound hard individual.
Speaker 2: Then p created.
Speaker 5: Easy times now and that easy time in which you created.
Speaker 3: What are those under you in that time? What are they gonna do? You said something very interesting that set up for LLC. Set up a court, sit up a trust. Because what you can do when you have money, you can borrow money against what you have in that account. You don't have to spend money. See that's where they get ahead at. They don't spend their money. They spent other people's money.
Speaker 5: Money.
Speaker 2: Ain't somebody building credit.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you what, I'm building credit At the same time, yes, Shyning, we're building credit.
Speaker 2: We we uh.
Speaker 5: We also understanding that.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you got somebody look like us that care about you and want to see you wins, why not play for us?
Speaker 5: Because guess what the.
Speaker 3: Main thing is, if you really cold play, the NBA will no matter what we think about it. So look at Scotty Tipping right back in, Scotty Pipper was on the team that nobody knew where he was at.
Speaker 2: But guess what he made it to the lead Steph Curry was in days.
Speaker 3: Uh yup, Dennis Rodman, look at right now, damn litter, all those people that you see right now, even John Morant, like, oh, you just need to be on a Division one basketball team, and they're gonna find if you good.
Speaker 5: Pe Look, they would.
Speaker 3: Way to Serbia and got Luca, I mean got they got Luca from media, they got Yachted Greese, they got they got Yoki from Serbia. If you good at anything and they think you can make money off it, they're gonna find.
Speaker 2: You every time.
Speaker 6: But I'm gonna tell y'all, we got a great arena, we got a great atmosphere, and uh, we're gonna put the best product on the floor, and we're gonna put the best characters because we want to build carriacters. At the same time, we want people to come here to you know, we we want to have those testimonies where where now a kid can say, man, I went out there with Coach p and my whole life changed because he stayed on me, he held me accountable, and now you know, I'm one of the top players in the NBA right now. Like I I want to create those testimonies. And so I want any kid out there that's watching this right now, if you're a real basketball player and you're a real dog, and you want an opportunity to get to the NBA. You also want opportunity to graduate from a great university and also have a great staff of people around you, because you know that's what it takes too. You want to have a good team, a good team around you, people that really care about you, and that's what this is about. Once you're a part of this family, you're a part of our family for life. So everybody that's been around me, we still family forever. It's not like, oh you're coming, because think about y'all. Know y'alln't played professional sports. A lot of these people forget about it. But now you have some people you know that you really know that this is your family. You could call them many times because you know, man, look I've been around that person. This is bigger than basketball. It's bigger than football, and that's what this is for me. This is bigger than that. Like we're gonna make history together and that's what this is going to be about. And you're gonna show the world that that we could do something. Pozs in there, we could grow because you think they want us to be successful in this, y'all.
Speaker 3: They don't want us to be successful in this because think about it. Now they're gonna realize that, Wow, not only they come from entertainment, because even sports now, entertainment and sports all together, think about it.
Speaker 5: It goes together.
Speaker 3: And we business people and we know how to create something from nothing.
Speaker 6: Like I told y'all, I always find me a used cup, put some wheels and some paint on it, and fix it up. And that's what I'm doing right now. I'm fixing up and taking it to the next.
Speaker 3: You talk about entertainment, what do they do it the biggest the biggest event in North America is what the Super Bowl? What do they have a halftime pe? You go to the Hardbell All Star Game? What do they have pre they have entertainment? It goes hand and had let me ask you this, Pete, I'm gonna get you out of your own this one. When it's all said and done, what do you want people to say about Pete?
Speaker 6: Well, you know what my whole thing is, I don't want us to wait till it's too late, till it's done. And like I'm not looking at Junior Bridgeman right me and them was gonna do a lot of things together and I did a lot of work in Louisville. So but we gotta stop saying I'm gonna get together tomorrow. I'm gonna do it later, you know, we gotta.
Speaker 5: Do it now.
Speaker 6: So yeah, So, so my thing is the most talent and the most wealth is in the graveyard.
Speaker 5: Think about it.
Speaker 6: And once we gone, somebody else gonna do what they gotta do without wealth. I want people to know that Pete did what he needed to do for his people now, like we're not waiting. And that's why this is so important what I'm doing now, This is bigger than student at the letes in a basketball game, y'all. This is about changing lives and saving lives at the same time because a lot of these kids that come from here, they never would get these type of chances, or some of these kids getting second chances, you know, like basketball. College basketball is getting old enough when you go in that transport portal. A lot of these kids been in college a long time. So now for some of these players, if they're really good, this is gonna be the last step of feeding their families, getting on a winning organization to be able to get the real nil money that they can get. My thing is I want people to remember me for creating future leaders, putting out people in a position to win, and that's what this is about with me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, big, congratulations on the opportunity.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: I know you're gonna do great things because everything you seemingly have touched that's turned the goal. You pull your heart, you pull your heart and you pull your soul into it. But I understand this is what I know about you. You love what you do, and it resonates and the kids because once somebody finds out that you care about them, there isn't much they won't do for you for you. Once a kid knows anything, once a person know that you care. Once I knew that teacher cared about me, my coach cared about me, I would move Heather to Nerd. Oh yeah, because I never wanted to let that person down. Congratulations on this opportunity. I know you can make the BUK the best of this opportunity.
Speaker 2: Before you leave, pin you in New Orleans right now, be there for Super Sunday. Man, I'm gonna be second lining. All meet me at the poll. Man, I'm gonna be a super star.
Speaker 8: Come on, not gonna be I ain't playing. I'm going from New York to New York to New Orleans. I'm from them the march all the way. I'm the second you're gonna you gonna see me. I'm I'm I'm gonna have flying that this go man, I gotta get you some of this pirate gifts.
Speaker 3: Man, hit your uff, Hey, Pee, I'm gonna hit you up. I need to want something boy here anyway, but I hit you up tomorrow. Okay, all right, appreciate you. Yep, new general manager Orleans University. The pribam heres that's dope. Uh man, you a great dude. One of the first guys that I had on club show you Oh Joe, I didn't I didn't really know who I was gonna get.
Speaker 2: And c J say, hey, yeah you got the body.
Speaker 5: Hey, whoever you got your phone? That's famous caller.
Speaker 3: Oh god, whether they're here, Oh damn road. Hey bro, I need a solid man. I just started a podcast. Hey bro, we got you. Just let me know when boom boom boom boom. That's how it started, and I appreciate it. Having met p only a handfull of times. I had never met Rick Ross. Hey, I dim mess said, man, let me get your number. Hey, Hey, I have my phone in my head. Just hope you see this. Oh he gave me he got hey, bro, man changed this out. Man, I just started a podcast. Man, I wonder if I can get you on. I mean hey, because he had gone to an HBCU for minute, but I think he went to all beating state for a minute, all beanting states in the si C just like we weren't boom it weren't.
Speaker 5: So it's great than when he said to hear him.
Speaker 3: Say how okay do things and and how we support one another and be there for one another.
Speaker 2: Hey, they know.
Speaker 3: So that's why A when he reaches out hem snoop Q, I'm there. I'm there because they they were there for me when I didn't have Hey, just starting this thing up. It gave us credibility because we had not a whole lot of podcasts. When they start out, we're able to trot out the lineup that I trotted out.
Speaker 5: I knew the first guests was gonna be my brother.
Speaker 3: But after that, I was like, man, who the hell I'm gonna get and ay from master p to Floyd Mayweather's like I said, the ross you've been on fire boy, why are you guys including Jamir Gibbs in the top five backs.
Speaker 2: He is, we just overlooked the bro.
Speaker 3: You do realize we're going off the top of our don't bro like we got notes here, Like okay, got let me, let me explain how you owe to you and I work like, okay, we have the list of the rundown.
Speaker 5: But when you hear me start naming our players, that's not on there.
Speaker 3: That's my head. That's at the topics on your head. We have a rundown in which the topics we're gonna talk about. I know y'allways talking about Well, hey, Ash's probably feeding information because I was going back and I was telling you we was talking about the Yankees, and I was giving you different errors in which the players played.
Speaker 5: They was like, well he talk, Oh he got it.
Speaker 3: No I don't because I didn't even know we gonna talk about that until you brought up the Yankees and what made them special. And then okay, we go into this field. Okay, we talked Nascar. I have no idea we're gonna talk Nascar, and then I'm just because out of that. If you're from the South, which I was, NASCAR is in you. You watched it you watched all of them because NASCAR not like it was not. I think NASCAR used to come on CBS, if I'm not mistaken. And you know, Darren earn Hard Jue Senior used to drive the number two Wrangler car before he got the black Martin Caller the three and had the guy go on shades. And Darryl Waltrip drove the Tide eighty eight before he got the eleven car.
Speaker 5: And then you have Buddy Baker.
Speaker 3: You had a Bobby and Donnie Allison, all those guys, Buddy Baker, all those guys you know, I've watched them, Harry Gantt, this Gold Bandit, Neil Bonnett, Austin Bill from Dawsonville. This was before Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson and Dale Earnhard Junior and all these guys that was that was there then. So that's why, you know, And I remember I used to sit down, what else you're gonna watch? You had three channels on off and don't mess with me. So it wasn't like you just like it is now. What you got five hundred channels to choose from, and please, but no, we do not.
Speaker 2: Have every back.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't even know who he was gonna talk about this, but the bats came up and know what you like. So I'm just we just rattled names up the prop of my head. It's an honest mistake. It's not like we know what Jamia Gibbs is. He was special sensations, he can run, he can well you by.
Speaker 2: The closest thing. We're done seeing the Chris Johnson's work.
Speaker 3: Doctor Frank al Bella says, fast break, pump, fake, big mistake, no legends in fact, and.
Speaker 1: What you're saying, what you're saying today had me dying boy a.
Speaker 2: Us us Well, I was in tears. That was funny.
Speaker 3: Uh. Kevin Brook ucking o Joe Bill the starting offense and defense using NFL football players that are in the media or used to be in the media. Well that's easy me straight hand Graw Brady uh moss o, Joe Moss Uh, Uh, Fred Taylor, Ryan Clark. Sorry, Dill, you ain't made to cut you, ain't you?
Speaker 5: First of all, you're not beating that Brady or Troy so.
Speaker 2: And Uh.
Speaker 3: And because of the money, we're limiting the only two quarterbacks. So I'm sorry, Uh who else? I'm me try to fake hold on hood else? Who else am I? Who else am I missing?
Speaker 2: Oh? Charles Woods? What what? What? Yeah? Uh?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who else?
Speaker 5: Come on there? I guess we got to put up what you call him on there?
Speaker 3: Uh Damnian woodenbody block.
Speaker 5: We need somebody to block?
Speaker 2: Oh yoke?
Speaker 5: Oh Jamey j Watt, I mean, hey, deal.
Speaker 2: Don't feel bad.
Speaker 3: Matt Ryan didn't make it either, so so uh uh uh huh y'all Kelsey play maker, play maker, Dion.
Speaker 5: In the media football coach?
Speaker 3: Uh this is uh is uh is? Fits is Fitzgerald. What does Fitzgerald do anything for this? I guess you take sharm meeting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jason w Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah Saturday. Greg Olsen, uh Gonzo? Hey, uh yeah, I'm you're saying we happy the tighty we played. We ain't got but two. I know I'm gonna be one of the tiniest. I don't know who else gonna be one, But.
Speaker 1: I said, so you gotta go between Gronk and what do you call it? Gronk and Gonzo.
Speaker 3: Uh Okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Greg Eagle stand a standout rookie. Quinn Yon Mitchell got a wild tattoo after winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Hell of a year?
Speaker 3: Wow Round one Pick twenty set for twenty two. Is that twenty two super Bowl chaps got a lot done in one day. Till next time? Bro, whoa, Hey, that's live. I don't care if I went fifteen super bowls, I.
Speaker 7: Ain't tapping that. Hell no, that hurt. You ain't got no, you ain't got no tattoos. See now we can add that. We can add that to the list of things to do in twenty twenty five. Get you get your tattoo? What that means?
Speaker 5: You help you? Buddy? Nah?
Speaker 2: That ain't it happened?
Speaker 1: Hey, it's so funny. I mean, well, I think about it. I would think someone like you would have tattoos. Then my crazy, my crazy tail, I got forty four, and.
Speaker 3: He was talking about you ain't got none. I thought, the only time I ever thought about getting a tattoo. What's her name name? I found? I found notes name Mary Porter, Mary V. Porter, that's her name, and my sister because I was telling my sister about it, and my sister like, shall not be so nice? My sister found something where my where my grandmother wrote her name Mary V.
Speaker 2: Porter.
Speaker 3: And I thought about it. I said, live, I would love to. I said, but you know, Granted, that be so mad. She hated tattoos. Okay, She's like, son, don't mark your body up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got to you know, the more you have the old people talking about yeah, she like h.
Speaker 3: Like I was actually drawing on my body, like I'm scripting something. And I and I thought about it, and I had I had the piece of the thing that she uh that she had wrote her name on, and I was gonna take it to a tattoo and had put it right over my heart. That was gonna put it right here. And I just thought about it. I said, man, granted, man, boy, Granny roll over her grave? How could you hear on that?
Speaker 6: Son?
Speaker 2: Why you mark your body like that? Evening she still would be satisfied. My grandma.
Speaker 1: I don't maybe I don't know about fifteen or sixteen, but I got I got my mom, I got h Philippians for thirteen, I could do all things through Christ with strengthened me.
Speaker 2: And I got a test and I came home. She would piss by or she was pissed.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, listen, I just I just thought about, you know something, I would like something that would resonate with me and resonate as well, because you're the one who had me in Bible study. You the one who had me in church every Sunday. Boy, she would hot.
Speaker 2: Not only was she hot.
Speaker 1: Years later, I got about my senior year in high school. I was probably up to twenty two tattoos by that point.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm covered up everywhere.
Speaker 2: I just you never see it because I'm normally covered up.
Speaker 1: So if you see, yeah, yeah, it's going to see in the dark. And I'm covering up everywhere man from from an ankle all all all the way up man to my Yeah. I almost did my face by accident too. I'm glad I didn't sho boy, please, no nothing big, nothing big, you know, small small, small, small stuff.
Speaker 2: But I didn't do it. No, you did it right there. Don't do that. Oo. Why would you do that? Ojo?
Speaker 1: I'm just I don't know. I don't thought about it. You ain't have nothing better do with your all your same I really did, I really did think about it.
Speaker 2: I did. I did. I was going through a phase. I was going through a phase. What was her name? I was gonna put my my face, Yeah, I wanted to.
Speaker 1: I was gonna put a little cross woman, no woman, a little tiny cross right here, right here on the side, right here, just a little tiny cross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't do it. Though, I ain't do it. It wouldn't look too good on TV, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no it was I couldn't do that. I mean, I mean, congratulations to uh Quinnyon. I mean, hey, bro, congrats. I mean, first round pick, first rookie season.
Speaker 2: And go to the Bowl.
Speaker 3: You know a lot of times, don't you know, when you have that level of success, you're like that. But it's easy, it ain't.
Speaker 5: There are a lot of guys that played thirteen, fourteen to fifteen years.
Speaker 3: And never go let alone whin. I mean, just think about you. You're a Chiefs player and you came in three years ago. You don't know nothing about the Super Bowls yep, and winning. Yeah, you know you played with Tom Brady all those years. That's live my amber Rose. Yeah, amber Rose got her son's tattooed on the forehead.
Speaker 1: Hey, and can't she can get rid of that though, right because technology is so advanced now you.
Speaker 3: Get rid of them. But man, I think hurt. She ain't get rid of. I mean, I don't know if you saw the interview on Joe, She's keeping that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw it was good.
Speaker 2: It was good. I mean, I mean, oh Joe.
Speaker 3: For me, I like talking to people like a lot of these people I had knowing, I had no idea I would ever meet talk to a Tabitha Brown or Miss.
Speaker 2: Pat or uh.
Speaker 3: I'm uh i Amber Rolls, people like some of these athletes. Man, I'm sitting down, I'm talking to Magic Johnson, crazy talking your cat and down there wrongs and all these all these the comedians and Gary Ohen and Bruce Bruce and Lavell Crawting. I've seen Bruce Bruce many times for for him in Atlanta waiting and to sit down and talk to him.
Speaker 5: And You're right, you have a perception.
Speaker 3: And then when you get down and talk to the person and I'm not so talking about so much on camera I'm talking about you get an opportunity to talk to him before the before and after then you have I like, Okay, an interesting video came out of the Dominican Republic this week again her chat. Uh take a look, let's see what this thing talking about?
Speaker 2: Hey he.
Speaker 5: Oh lord, have mercy. Hey, that was the black cowboy.
Speaker 2: You ain't know I can ride, you know, you know, I rode a boy. I could ride the horses. Man, I rode too. Yeah, I ride like Chris. She was.
Speaker 5: She was a Philly though. You know what I'm saying, don't you.
Speaker 2: I was just like that. I'm just like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah like that.
Speaker 2: I just like that.
Speaker 3: Tell about a bag. I had one hand out to Joe, just like that. I got yeah, yeah, Yet I would.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: Hey, I went on the trail ride. Obviously, I had the kids with me. The baby had her on hers her own horse. All my kids had their own horse. So I'm on the trail. I told the guy on the trail, I say, sir, listen, I know how to ride. I have experience. So if at any point I might drift off the trail. Most of the time the trail horses, they discipline. They don't want to leave. They always want to stand line. And we got about ten minutes into that trail and I got bored, and I came up by that trail.
Speaker 2: And I.
Speaker 1: Later, man, I was gone. I wu was going in my camera. They the kids, all the kids, they was going back the trail. The trail ride over and they were coming in on the back on the back end, like thirty minutes later, I came in hauling.
Speaker 3: You should have went, and you should be and Philly because Philly got those those black cowboys.
Speaker 2: You say that you saw that? Did you see that documentary? Yeah? No, no, I just see the documentary. Every time I go to the city.
Speaker 1: I never know where the horses are when I go to Houston, when I go to Tech, when I go.
Speaker 3: To the But they got the rodeo. Happened with You should have went last weekcause they had the rodeo. They got the rodeo going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I want to I want to ride on. Every time I see people at the rodeo, they part turning up. I don't care about turning up. Now, if you got horses or you got bulls or something, you know, I can I can partake in. Now that's something I'm excited to do.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say them, I'm gonna sit there and watch and see what they got, what they got to eat.
Speaker 2: Interesting, they got fried twig.
Speaker 3: It's fried twigs, the snickers and stuff like that, funnel cakes.
Speaker 2: I'm looking.
Speaker 1: If I'm going to rodeo, I want. I want just that. I want the experience. I want to smell. I want I want to smell ship, you know, horses.
Speaker 3: I don't smell enough hal cow, chicken, turkey, goat, dog, cat.
Speaker 2: I could.
Speaker 1: That's not fair. I grew up in the inner city. I grew up in inner city. So I have an appreciation for for for you know, for for cows and you know all pink.
Speaker 5: I appreciate. That's why I I don't want to smell no more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a great appreciation for it being there all the time.
Speaker 2: Joe, let me know. I didn't want to be this. I didn't want to be that no more. Listen, lucky that there are places if.
Speaker 1: Now, just guys, I just got a new house now, the way things are going on night here, if I just why if if you see me with a stable, they eat too much, O Joe and a few horses, they eat your ass out of the house.
Speaker 2: And the HOMEMM gonna I'm gonna blame you. I'm gonna blame you, Blame Ash. I'm gonna blame.
Speaker 5: Tell you Ash, ask.
Speaker 3: Mom got a red One horse won't be bad now, one horse, it's just me.
Speaker 2: One horse eat like ten dogs see.
Speaker 1: I don't know how dogs eat because I be on the road.
Speaker 3: They them horses can eat.
Speaker 5: Hey real sweet?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh Joe, hundred pounds I know. Yeah yeah, but get in number, give me a number a month. I know, Ash, you know what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: And the vest we think a couple of thousands? Yeah yeah, story for a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it all depends like how will you gonna keep it? Because obviously in Miami you gotta have You're gonna have to stay with him somewhere else then.
Speaker 1: You know, you know all the horses and Davy. I just bought a new house, a new house side d in Davy, so that the stable.
Speaker 3: But you're not storm at your house. He lost story at a facility.
Speaker 1: At the stable. Yeah, f called uh being being bar wrench. I think I said that right, being bar wrench, which is.
Speaker 2: What you take.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll go say somewhere like forty fifty thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Oh that that ain't bad. That ain't bad. I'm good. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call my guy tomorrow I call I'm gonna call a Bob Baffort.
Speaker 2: He's a good friend of mine. I'm gonna ask.
Speaker 3: Him Okay, I'm gonna say, Bob with the green hair, Yeah, American fa road justified.
Speaker 2: Yes, tell them let me get one of his horses.
Speaker 3: You'll want one of the horses. Damn feeding just paying for it. Ya oh yeah, listen, I already know he. I mean you they, I mean some of those horses. You paying three four hundred thousand dollars for a live folk.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want, I love. I love horses, but not to that extent.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no like horses now. I take a little a many cow, a little many gold.
Speaker 2: I like them.
Speaker 5: A boat that's something I never wanted. I ain't never want no boat.
Speaker 3: B O A T you know, b O T stand for Joe bust out another thousand. That's what you gotta do to keep it now. You keep it on salt water. You gotta constantly keep that salt water grinding down. But no, no, I'm good. If I was, if I was to get see, I wouldn't want a boat.
Speaker 1: If anything, I would have my mine, anything outside of my norm. It would have to be extravagant. So if I'm gonna get a boat, they gotta be a yacht. And can't it just can't be no any yacht. I wanted yacht like Jerry Jones. I wanted yacht like she Hid Khan. I mean I would never I would never reach that talk.
Speaker 5: About one hundred meal. Yeah, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: I would I would think I would never reach that type of wealth. And just the thought of if I'm gonna do it, it would have to be like that. I ain't gonna have basket. Oh no, that's not happening. I go, I go rent one, you know, for a day for me and the kids. Give me a bass boat and I ain't gonna get it there. I can fish, I can fish from the shore.
Speaker 2: What about you said, a bass boat or fast?
Speaker 5: A bass bass boat? Okay here, I'm not expensive?
Speaker 3: Yeah no, No, I could be like Kevin Kevin van Dam or Mike Akinella E. Smith somebody like that, right right right? Weel dance rolling Martin Ernest Hensley.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know the y'all.
Speaker 5: I don't like water like that?
Speaker 2: Are you fish?
Speaker 5: That's boring.
Speaker 3: My grandparents got me in the fishing, and that was an opportunity for us to like to be with them. Man. You know, oh, y'all, when I come up, I don't know how y'all did it, but you wasn't sitting up on no grandparents, so that was really your time to bond.
Speaker 5: I hate you know, at the time. I used to hate it.
Speaker 3: Hey, my grandfather on one side, men and Spanky, my brother, me and my brother on one side.
Speaker 5: That joke of hal across the lake. Hey, bring me some more bakes.
Speaker 2: What fish you don't can't your bib?
Speaker 3: Hey, one of y'all bring me y'all Rod, He just got his rod caught on the stump or something that broke the line.
Speaker 5: Now we got to take it out.
Speaker 2: Rod.
Speaker 5: Now we sitting up there like this here because we ain't got that other fishing.
Speaker 2: We I can't for my grandma. Hey, boy, bring me the tackle box. Oh Lord, have mercy. Jeez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't do it. I can't do it. I don't have to take it. I can sit. I can I can sit on my PC or PS five or Xbox, and I can play war Zone, Call of Duty, FIFA EFC.
Speaker 2: I actually didn't do that for eight nine hours on no.
Speaker 5: Every every day.
Speaker 1: But if you tell me to go fishing for a hour and I got to sit there and wait for the fish, I gotta sit wait on the fish and wait for the bike.
Speaker 2: Man, I know, thirty minutes, I'm clocking out.
Speaker 3: We be gone fishing all day? Well, oh what all day? We go early in the morning, please, hey, oh yeah, especially we go saltwater fishing. We go down to like uh Sapalo Island. That's where they brought the geeches. That's where they offloaded a lot of them. And they still speak that gulor. So we go to Saple Island, we go, and we go, we go. We be gone all day, even if we go to those lakes we go to like need a lot of lakes or something like that.
Speaker 5: Man, oh joe, we be gone all day.
Speaker 2: I can't do it. Hey.
Speaker 3: My grandma loved a fish and as she got old and she got older, man, my sister to take her to the thing and and be out there by myself. Okay, let me come back and get me around around five o'clock, my sister take my grandma.
Speaker 2: There it be hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard my aunt Hud, my aunt aunt Emma. They go down to salt go to saltwater. She talked to my grandma how to throw a real cup. For the longest time, my grandma fished with a cane pole. Emma talked my grandma, I threw how to throw a rod? Huh with a cane pole with a shrinking light on the front of us. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a cane pole. Yeah yeah, somebody tell me yeah, hey, uh yeah. We called catch bread walmout, white perch, croaker, shad boney ass, shad nasty.
Speaker 2: Although somebody put Saplo there. What y'all know about Saplo? What's Falo?
Speaker 3: That's a uh it's from It's near Savannah, but that's where the geechees, right, Saplo Island, Charleston. They offloaded a lot of people that looked like us a long time ago, and a lot of it's originally it's there. When you go and you see it, you're like it, Oh Joe, it looks just like it did one hundred years ago, one hundred and fifty years ago.
Speaker 5: You're the same, look the same, and they talked the same.
Speaker 1: The volume