Speaker 1: Good morning us say yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious, good morning, just hilarious.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: Why are you coming off? I was going to finish it.
Speaker 1: You don't say good morning to yourself, Jess, hilarious. Good morning, Charlamagne of God.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Charlamagne of God.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, man, how you doing doing great? Hey, she's here, y'all him?
Speaker 2: He is gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's playing golf. He's playing golf. He's on him and his wife, Yes they are, they are. How y'all feel this morning? I feel blessed, Black and Holly fad would happy to be here another day to serve all beautiful listeners.
Speaker 3: How the ladies doing? How you doing?
Speaker 5: Jess?
Speaker 6: Oh good? I look good, I feel good.
Speaker 2: And I'm on a billboard.
Speaker 3: In New York. Yes, you are real crazy.
Speaker 1: John O'Brien had his operation Green Socks day yesterday, and he put us up on billboards.
Speaker 3: Jes hilarius. She's up there.
Speaker 1: Yes, those a few people up there yesterday. But yes, you were on a billboarding Times Square.
Speaker 2: Yes, especially a few people the one I saw.
Speaker 3: It was just me. It flashes, so it was like it different people.
Speaker 1: Operation Green Sox as a nationwide initiative aimed at raising awareness and promoting financial literacy. If you know what John O'Brien does in Operation Hope, then you know how they how they get down.
Speaker 3: Lauren, you're finally putting some lotion on.
Speaker 1: Thank God, man dropping for lotion, Lauren being around here looking foggy.
Speaker 3: I'm glad.
Speaker 7: Just beat you lotion ten times a day, yes, asked me. I said that, like, what's the cue?
Speaker 8: How?
Speaker 2: Five lotions?
Speaker 1: And then yesterday she had the one shoulder out and it was just that one shoulder ashy.
Speaker 3: It ain't Nobody said nothing all day.
Speaker 2: And look, even even Curry watched it was like, oh you got the little shoulder around.
Speaker 3: She noticed it. That's what she wanted to she wanted to say something about it. Listen.
Speaker 1: I did a date night last night, being the wife went out. I went to go see uh, Stranger Things on Broadway. They all watch s Grange of Things on Netflix.
Speaker 2: I used to watch it.
Speaker 3: I used to watch Change the Man.
Speaker 1: That is the greatest stage play production I've ever seen in my life. I'm just talking about the production aspect of it. They did things on that stage I didn't think you could do really yes, like like falling out the sky in slow motion, like monsters coming from the.
Speaker 3: Ceiling, like a production.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the stage play production was incredible, dropping the clues bombs to us.
Speaker 3: Scranging Things on Brodway. They only been doing it for two weeks.
Speaker 2: I meant to see that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yesterday was a Rachel Rachel Edwards a born day. That's a good friend of mine. So we went to go see Scranging Things with my wife and oldes daughter loves Scranging Things. But if you are ever in New York City, even if you're not a fan of Broadway, even if you've never even seen the Scrange of Things play, that is something that I mean, the Strange Things show.
Speaker 3: That is something to go watch.
Speaker 2: Yes, I cannot be a fan of Broadway, like people don't like I love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well it used to, it.
Speaker 4: Got it got like really entertaining for the youth over the years. At first, Broadway used to be really boring in my opinion, And then when I saw when I got like to be a teenager and I saw.
Speaker 2: Wicked for the first time, then I was like I like this.
Speaker 4: But I think I was just going to see the most boring things because we used to go to field trips.
Speaker 2: Go on field trip.
Speaker 3: What's the first thing you remember seeing? You know?
Speaker 2: No, it was like a little slave.
Speaker 3: Place, you see that.
Speaker 9: I never.
Speaker 6: Was in it at the time too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to go see something about some slaves.
Speaker 1: Lauren got to introduce us to all this family she got because now her little cousin and Lion King. The other day with her her sister.
Speaker 7: First shout out to Mariah Hillard she does dance for says that she's on the gen Next tour. And you met my aunt, my aunt feelers who got you the book and who wanted to see you again at the Black Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: It's her granddaughter. She was her manager.
Speaker 3: Well, everybody doing so good? Why you're so ashy?
Speaker 1: Anyway, Keron Washington, Key Washington will be here joining us this morning. She's got a new movie y'all called Shadow for us. It's out on May knife and we'll we'll be talking to her next hour. But we got Front Page News next. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Yes, more Dangerous Morning Show, The Emphis Club, Charlamagne Tha God, just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Dj nvy is out, what lay and Lerosa is in and it's time for front page news.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: Morgan?
Speaker 6: Tell y'all, Hey, how y'all feeling happy?
Speaker 2: Thursday?
Speaker 6: Girl?
Speaker 3: Plu's black and Holly favored. What's happening all right, y'all?
Speaker 10: So first up on front page, President Trump says, historically, black colleges and universities should not be worried about federal spending cuts. Y'all know, I had to get into the HBCU news right. So Trump called into a News Nation town hall event hosted by Chris Cuomo and moderated via Bill O'Reilly and Stephen A.
Speaker 6: Smith last night.
Speaker 10: When asked if HBCUs should be concerned about their funding considering all of the funding and rollbacks that the Trump administration is doing, Trump said he took care of the HBCUs and black colleges and that he got them more money than they ever dreamt possible.
Speaker 6: Let's take a listen to those comments.
Speaker 11: They were going out of business. They came to me about fifty people that headed up, and they came to me the first year, and I took care of them. I got them more money than they ever dreamt possible.
Speaker 3: And they're in great shape.
Speaker 11: Now when they have long term financing. Nobody did that for Donald Trump.
Speaker 10: So under the Trump administration in his first term, he did sign a bipartisan bill in twenty nineteen that permanently provides more than two hundred and fifty million a year to the nation's historically black colleges and universities. If you were to, I guess sum that up over the course of four years, but again it was just twenty nineteen. If you were to sum that up over the course of four years, that would equate to one billion dollars. Under the Biden administration it was one point three billion in funding to HBCUs, whereas under the Obama administration it was four billion towards HBCUs.
Speaker 3: Now last week, well.
Speaker 1: If combined combined, there's actually more than seventeen billion in federal investments from the Biden Paris administration.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right, that's right over the Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 10: And then of course last week Trump signed an executive order that will ensure or HBCUs get the maximum funding they're entitled to. Now, Trump said during the town hall that they have a long term financing, and that of course nobody else did it but him. Now, Lauren, you went to a HBCU delta card. You shout out to the hornets. So what do you think of all of what he is saying.
Speaker 7: I don't know how much of what is true, but I just know whoever's in the president draw office should make sure that the funding is going because if it wasn't for federal funding, I would not have graduated from college at all. So it's very important and that's all I know. They need the money a lot.
Speaker 6: Of it too.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it should be a ticket.
Speaker 6: Like it should be.
Speaker 7: If you don't fund HBCUs, we don't support you like it is a big ticket.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna get no push back from me. You know, you see Donald Trump supporting HBCU. The only thing I would say is we want more. But you know me who wouldn't yep.
Speaker 6: Period period.
Speaker 10: So Trump addressed recent polling on his approval rating as saying they were fake polls where Democrats were interviewed. Yeah, he said democrat. More Democrats were interviewed than GOP members. When asked about making a deal with Tryina, Trump said, there is a very good chance, but there will be, but it will be on the terms of the US and of course he shrugged off concerns about the economy and concerns that his policies only benefit the wealthy.
Speaker 6: Trump said, he knows what he.
Speaker 10: Is doing is perfectly and that is perfect, and essentially that his economic approach will be better for the middle class.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't, well you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't lie to people because people are gonna feel it in their pockets regardless. So you know, you can get on television and you know, say that, but if people don't feel it in their pockets, they gonna they're gonna push back. And when people say, you know, when people are losing jobs, when people can't afford to pay their bills or they can't afford to put food on their table, they will push back.
Speaker 3: So you can you can't lie to them about that because they feel it.
Speaker 10: Right And speaking of which, the numbers don't lie. So the new reports have the US economy heading into uncertain waters this summer, as you have been saying, Charlotta Magne, the gross domestic product or GDP, which some of the value of goods and services produce, fell three point fell three percent over las last year. Growth had originally been predicted by economists, but outlooks were revised to negative thanks to the reaction of President Trump's global tariffs. A separate report from payroll processor ADP showed job creation slow to sixty two thousand positions last month, about half of what economists were expecting. So it does appear that we are heading into a recession and things agatting tight.
Speaker 1: And Trump said that this isn't his GDP, this is Biden's GDP.
Speaker 3: He did, that's not true.
Speaker 6: That's okay, you about this quarterly.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: You are the president of the United States of America.
Speaker 1: The tariffs and other things you have implemented directly have impacted America's GDP. You got to own that, you know what I mean. You can't keep pointing to blame with other people. You are the person that is governing right now.
Speaker 3: This is you.
Speaker 6: Clock is CpG.
Speaker 7: You know how your grandmom be telling you, like keep money in the mattress and keep guessing your card. What you're supposed to do right now in preparation for the recession, Like what's the.
Speaker 3: That's a good stay kit?
Speaker 1: I was I was thinking about, you know, just you know, stocking up on things that you would probably need. But the reality of the situation is you probably can't afford to stock up on things you actually need, Like if you know that there's gonna be a recession this summer, so you say, hey, you know what, let me stock up on you know.
Speaker 3: Let's just say toothpaste.
Speaker 1: You might can't afford to buy three four months of two pastes just in case.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I'm not an e commiss you do know we on people can see.
Speaker 2: You, right, yeah, makeup real quick? All right, yeah, I mean I'm in the conversation. We're here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, all right, y'all. That's your front page news for six am.
Speaker 10: Stick around at seven we will talk about Vice President Kamala Harris. She had her first speech out since losing her bid to the White House.
Speaker 4: You know what's crazy, you're ready about that, Lauren, because I don't even see his crome purse appear.
Speaker 2: Remember you used to keep money in it. I don't even set it in a war.
Speaker 1: You need something, you need something from up? I got you right, I got you right here.
Speaker 3: Whatever you need, okay, okay, just checkond for it.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Is next one hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you want to call up here and tell us why you're blessed, you can do it. If you want to call up here event, you can do it. It's the world's most dangerous morning show. The Breakfast Club, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Ray right, Ray yo, Charlotte Mann, damfy what up are we lying?
Speaker 5: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 6: I got an indoor pool.
Speaker 5: A pool. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 3: He'll tell you what it is. We lie, good morning. Who's this?
Speaker 9: Good morning? My name is Mark from Florida.
Speaker 3: What part of Florida you calling from? Mark?
Speaker 12: For sure?
Speaker 9: I stay out there and on line, though, but I'm gonna trudge. I'm buried right now.
Speaker 3: Oh man, what's going on with you? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 9: Man? I just want to fall man. Just first involved in one. Everybody on the was out there.
Speaker 12: But we want to Charlotte Man, the dam d Lauren Man?
Speaker 3: Just test?
Speaker 9: Oh okay, that's what that's what's up?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just wanted.
Speaker 12: To shout out, man, it's a it's a auto.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 9: He don't roll three bugs. It's my guys. The best Israel.
Speaker 12: You can find them on YouTube at the best invest And I just want to shout him out, man, because he's doing very thanks for our people as far as just teaching us how to plant and teaching us how to grow food far so the second bullet just came out not too long ago, and they started the more we grow, the more we'll see that everything we need to free.
Speaker 9: So I just wanted to shout him out.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 5: Everybody have a blessed.
Speaker 1: Day, man, A very very important skill to have because you know, if everything comes to a halt this summer and them shelves is empty, people.
Speaker 3: Definitely gonna know how to grow some food.
Speaker 1: Are you worried about it being at you in the trucking industry because they're saying that by mid delayed May, uh you know, the trucking trucking demand gonna come to a halt.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, man, Man.
Speaker 9: I listened to y'all. I'm on the podcast. I heard you say that a couple of so back, and uh, I'm not to worry about it, man.
Speaker 14: You know, I have.
Speaker 9: Faith in the most I it's times going to provide us with me. But it's definitely something.
Speaker 12: That I know will affect the industry man.
Speaker 9: So you know, it's just about just trying to find other ways to you know, get to the money and you know, keep myself afloat there you other than that, you know, I hope everybody just you know, have that same idea and in that same way as thinking.
Speaker 3: But there you go.
Speaker 1: All all praisons do the God, my brother, have a great day.
Speaker 9: Y'all do the same praises to the most.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, good morning. Who's this? Oh?
Speaker 15: This is dre Hey, Charlamaine and Jess Lauren d J and d.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: I want to get off.
Speaker 15: I want to invite your guys to you state tong coming. This is going to be Michael Bigg's first year of coaching.
Speaker 4: Oh nice, you said Norfolk State and Michael.
Speaker 2: I'm going to the Norfolk State down state game.
Speaker 7: Okay, did you want to go to the homecoming?
Speaker 2: I might haven't announcement so state homecoming was the last year too.
Speaker 12: Yes, Charlemagne is just I want you to come.
Speaker 6: This his first year.
Speaker 15: So I'm trying to get everybody out to supporting.
Speaker 2: To come to the Dell State.
Speaker 4: And wait a minute, so when is this game you talked about?
Speaker 3: What is the homecoming game?
Speaker 15: You're talking about its October twenty six.
Speaker 2: October twenty six.
Speaker 1: Let me make sure that ain't South Carolina State University homecoming, because I promise it is.
Speaker 14: Charagne, I need you to make both.
Speaker 3: I can't lie and promise everybody. You know I didn't lie to damn.
Speaker 2: She said, I need right, She said, I need you.
Speaker 3: To make both. I can't lie on the same date. You know what I mean, and they know I'm lying.
Speaker 1: No, I'm coming. I am going to one of them, probably talk Calina State though.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 7: I feel like you already told me he was going to come to Norfolk Dale State. That was and Jack's remember you did too, Yeah, hell yeah, I said, I'm coming.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, shout out to Norfolk State. And I'm glad that Mike Big has a great season, you know, and I hope y'all have an amazing homecoming. Thank you.
Speaker 9: That's not like you ain't gone.
Speaker 7: But I got you what you ca me a lot like yeah, yeah, yeah, for shure for show.
Speaker 1: Let me know, tell me you already told me. You told me when the dated. Okay, get it off your chest. One one hundred and five eight five one oh five to one callers right now, it's the world's most dangerous morning show.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blast.
Speaker 2: I hate the way that you walk, the way did you talk?
Speaker 3: I hate the way that you dress. Everything when me is best?
Speaker 5: Call up next? Eight hundred five eight five one five one, Not just me.
Speaker 3: I'm with the coach of philing. Good morning. Who's this Mark?
Speaker 9: Good Watering Breakfast Club?
Speaker 5: This is Uber Mike.
Speaker 3: How y'all doing Uber Mike? What's up?
Speaker 14: King?
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 9: Charlomagne? You always are promoting your Black Effects podcast?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Black Effect Podcast Network.
Speaker 9: How can How can I because I have one for a few years on Spotify? How do I like unite with you talking about right sharing and how to navigate? Uh? Like safety situations for drivers?
Speaker 1: Damn you should have been to the Black Effect Podcast Festival. You could have pitched your podcast at the Nissan activation.
Speaker 3: Man, they had to pitch your next year.
Speaker 9: I promise, okay, next year for sure. Okay, but I just want to help drivers navigate because a lot of drops can get killed and how to navigate? You know, this is my stepping bee here with over twenty five thousand trips. So man, I just want to, you know, like give some options and stuff for drivers, how to move, how to navigate.
Speaker 1: That's good information. Man, hit up Black Effects DM. We got to go on Instagram at Black Effect up. Hit up their DM.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'll do that all.
Speaker 3: Right, brother, Good morning? Who's this?
Speaker 14: Good morning?
Speaker 15: This is l l C lt edent tang them.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, lty tangout.
Speaker 7: You'd be having to say that a lot because you was ready.
Speaker 15: I do play good morning, just hilarious. Learn the wrestling, of course. I mean I wanted to call in because this has can. I did the meet and greet with you, Charla Man at your podcast in Atlanta, and I gave you my script.
Speaker 9: Remember yes what you mean?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I got a rolls in hall them absolutely and you told me that you see tailing it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, yes, but you do remember, Okay. I was just following up with that, just wanted to make sure you know you still had that. I told you I didn't want you to send it black No.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet. But but but but I haven't. Actually, my good sister Dolly took it with her, so I'm gonna get it from her this weekend.
Speaker 3: Actually, but I look forward to reading because thank you.
Speaker 15: I thank you for that opportunity as well. I had actually emailed Karen because I wanted to see about like the process. If you like take meetings or lunches.
Speaker 3: Or anything, I promise you I'll find you. If I like it, I'll find you.
Speaker 15: Okay, Well, thank you. Guys.
Speaker 4: Got to have a good day in your eyes, because you know you was not about to see Dolly the weekend. I'm gonna get it coming this weekend.
Speaker 7: Okay, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning, Yes, how were you? Who is this? I'm good.
Speaker 14: This is rookie from New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Peace Peace.
Speaker 16: I want to say good morning to jest and laurd.
Speaker 3: You, Charlotte, thank you, we love you too.
Speaker 14: I wanted to I wanted to get off my chest. I've seen an orange man on TV last night. He came across my screen and the way he was sitting there a line and talking about everything.
Speaker 3: Is on by it.
Speaker 1: Nah, he can't he got to hold this when he is the President of the United States of America. When Joe Biden left office, the GDP was actually pretty good, and you know, because of a lot of the things that Trump is implemented over the first hundred days, it is not anymore.
Speaker 3: So he got he own that he.
Speaker 9: Don't hold nothing. He lied about everything. You know what they want to overtalk everybody.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting, Uh, you know, we can't act like any of these tariffs and stuff. Was a surprise because he said he was going to do this, and him and Elon must they all said there was going to be a period of economic pain that everybody was going to have to go through. I would rather than just keep saying that as opposed to you know, now trying to put the blame on on Biden.
Speaker 3: That's weird exactly.
Speaker 14: And he needs to bring that manhole from out Salvador and bring him home to his family. He knew he was wrong what he did. If they did that to his family, he be betting over backwards and stuttering over his words, trying to get a family hole.
Speaker 2: I thought they was trying to bring him.
Speaker 3: They not.
Speaker 6: He said he wasn't doing it.
Speaker 14: And if he told them, he said, he told them he's not bringing that manhole. He could make a pole call that.
Speaker 1: He's wanted to, but he's a lot of course, he can all right, well you got it you good, I got it. Make sure you got it all out. Thank you guys, wee you too, Thank you for calling. All right, that's get it off your chests. We do that every morning.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 1: Anytime you want to vent, you can call up here and do that. Anytime you want to call up here and tell us why you blessed, you can do that too, every morning on The Breakfast Club. Now we got the latest with Lauren coming up next.
Speaker 7: We do so Lisa Hill and Mary J. Blige, the five million dollar lawsuit.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, they're still going at I talk to me, is still going at Mary.
Speaker 2: Don't give a damn dish.
Speaker 7: Mary's team has not responded to me, but I did talk to me yesterday and she she watched the segment that we did and she wanted to clear.
Speaker 6: Up some things.
Speaker 7: Okay, So we're gonna get into that first thing in the latest.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk about it when we come back. It's the world's most dangerous morning to show, The Breakfast.
Speaker 5: Club, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the world's most dangerous morning show, The Breakfast Club. Charlamagne to God, just hilarious, envious out what Lauren Leroe says, and it is time for the ladies with Lauren lawn.
Speaker 2: Be coming a straight fast?
Speaker 3: Did she gets them to somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 2: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest on.
Speaker 5: The latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 5: It's the latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Talk to me, all right, y'all.
Speaker 7: So I told you that he was going to get something straight when it came to this, me to hill In, Mary J. Blige, five million dollar LOSSU Ravado?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: So I spoke to me to hill In and she wanted to make clear Charlemagne. You would ask some questions about why five million dollars? And is Vado even making that?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: What I said, was he ever? I said?
Speaker 1: Has he ever made that for camra On when he was signed the camera on? Did he ever make that for Calid when he was signed with cald What? What made them project five million dollars for? All right?
Speaker 4: Well, before y'all get to that, I didn't want to say anything yesterday because everybody knew who this name was.
Speaker 2: But who is Vado?
Speaker 4: Because I thought y'all was mistaken Vito's name Forravado. Vito was a singer. Don't play with him, put some respect on it.
Speaker 7: But Noo is really a good singer. Yeah, like you going viral online, I know that's time. I love you the singer and Yo, he gonna tank R and B money album and on it.
Speaker 6: You would enjoy him. But when is a rapper from New York, you.
Speaker 3: Should have pulled some of his old records.
Speaker 4: Because I didn't know that Merji bliche had artists, and I didn't know you that I'll get you a battle song, Okay, you could listen to.
Speaker 7: Actually he has one with Mary J. Blige, which is we're gonna talk about it, Okay, okay. So according to Misa Hill, and she says, when you calculated numbers, Botto was writing for two Mary J. Blige albums as well as two tours that he was promised that he was going to go on with her that are now not happening allegedly.
Speaker 2: So Mysa says Mary J.
Speaker 7: Blige removed all of this allegedly and the number the five million dollars is not for her from them in anticipating album sales and it's not because they were supporting her label. It's because he's a super creative writer, vocal producer and ghostwriter. And the song, for instance, that he has with Mary J. Blige to Still Believe in The Still Believe In Love song went ten weeks number one on the chart. So basically she's saying that, like there were things happening, like he was supposed to be on tour, which would have equaled bookings, and he has like writings and different things that he's been doing and what was doing that he can't do anymore because allegedly Mary Jay is like, no, because you didn't come over.
Speaker 6: To the side.
Speaker 1: I appreciate all that information, but I still don't answer my questions. Did he ever make five million dollars the Cameron? Do you have to make five million dollars with Calum? What made him think he could make five million dollars?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I do agree that if he is stuck in a contract, that he shouldn't be in anymore, and Mary is the reason for that.
Speaker 3: To marriage she let him out the contract that I agree with.
Speaker 7: Yes, and you know me so also wanted to make it clear that her and Mary J. Blige and their friendship of over thirty years that not end or fall out or wherever it is right now because of Vado, and she did not follow this lawsuit just because she's upset that they're no longer friends. To Charlemagne's point, it was about the business, and it was about the contract and it wasn't honored. And you know, if it was the other way around where he had a contract he was supposed to honor with Mary J. Blige or whatever, and he did not do that, they could have taken legal action as well.
Speaker 2: So you know that she just wanted to clear it.
Speaker 1: Saying, it's no permanent friends and enemies when it comes to business, But what.
Speaker 3: If you are already friends.
Speaker 1: It's easy to say that when people you're not really dealing with, when you're actually friends with a person.
Speaker 4: Is it, Yeah, it definitely can mess up. It's difficult relationships. It's definitely difficult.
Speaker 7: I prefer not to do business with friends with a friend, yeah, And if I do do it, I'd rather be like stand off, like maybe I'm just like I don't know something, because it gets a little tricky. But she also wanted to clarify the timeline on when they fell out. She says that she said, it's been a year that they have not spoken, and again she doesn't really know the exact reason why, but there's a ton of different things that have happened within that year. She said, Jess, she heard you say that you saw them at the strength of a woman content in twenty four and she wanted to make it clear. She alleges that during that time, marriage a Blige wasn't even speaking to her because she released, you know, a collaboration.
Speaker 2: Of her own.
Speaker 3: What's trying to relax.
Speaker 4: It's so much going on, and I didn't realize that she would talk directly to me while all this is happening, peopuld be listening.
Speaker 2: I think she just wants to clear things up because even though you.
Speaker 4: Realize that they weren't they literally set on the panel together. But you know what, we don't know what's happening, right. That's just another example you don't know what people are really going through behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: Because I swear like it seemed.
Speaker 4: Like everything was fine, Like they were in the same rooms, we were behind stage together, and no, Mary not supposed to be like, oh I don't like that bitch, and you know me isposed don't like you know it wasn't given that energy. And these are two women that know how to govern themselves with or without drama, you know.
Speaker 3: But I tell you who don't give a damn about none of this Mary Jane.
Speaker 1: Okay, you do that video that you sent me yesterday with Mary and.
Speaker 3: Just like sing the damn songs I can get about here. If you think Mary care about any of this.
Speaker 7: Crazy Ryan got nothing from the side I've been trying, y'all, is Jane.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think that's what I said.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, let's see with that Jay Sam. I can't believe we don't know the sh Yeah, I know. I never thought about it.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I never heard nobody ask that before. What is the j because you know how weezy f he always he changed the FS for something different every song. Mary Jane so perfect.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that is the update there. But yeah, the lawsuit is still ongoing. But she didn't want to clear up those few things. Basically, she says, stop playing with you know, artists and creative charlagage because you don't know what's in their pockets.
Speaker 3: I know it's not, but that's why I'm asking the question.
Speaker 1: But you know what, you know what That's why the bottom Did the guy say anything yet? No, this is nothing personal. The bottle Bittle has always been a cool, solid individual. I'm just from business perspective. When I'm thinking about the business, I think about Cam, I think about Caln.
Speaker 3: Did he ever make Cam five million dollars? Did he ever make Callum five million dollars?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 1: What would you know make them feel like? What would why would they project that he could make them?
Speaker 5: For me?
Speaker 3: I'm just asking, That's why I'm asking asking questions.
Speaker 2: Well, do we have a song, because I'm going to identify bottle Mary J.
Speaker 6: Blige song that bottle is on.
Speaker 3: I may have heard it.
Speaker 4: You hear something you don't even know. You don't put the name to the face.
Speaker 3: And that's why it sucks to be an artist.
Speaker 1: You've been mentioning a bottle for the last three days, but not one goddamn record.
Speaker 3: Play yeah, and they hae no record?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Let me see you. Well, we don't have nothing.
Speaker 3: Just sitting here.
Speaker 6: I didn't mean to do that. Shuts me out. You want me to scratch scratch too?
Speaker 3: I just sitting here.
Speaker 2: Come on, get with it.
Speaker 1: We got front page news coming up next with Morgan Wood just the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: You're checking out the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the world's most dangerous Morning to show the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne the God just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Dj Ndia is out with Lauren le Roe says, and and it's time for front page news with Morgan Woods. Morgan, what's happening? Can I do two NBA playoff scores first?
Speaker 3: Morgan? Okay, that's last night.
Speaker 1: The Rockets beat the Warriors one thirty one to one sixteen and the Los Angeles Lakers Timberwolves in five. Okay, the Timberwolves beat the Los Angeles Lakers in five games. Yesterday Lebron James and Lucas sitting they ass at home, and I'm laughing my ass off because I don't know if this.
Speaker 3: Was real or now.
Speaker 1: But there was a picture of Ronnie James and he posted missing the beach, and Anthony Edwards Leftacama and said, I'm about to I'm gonna send you and your daddy home there early he did Timberwolves in five.
Speaker 3: Okay, that is out. Well, we got Morgan all right, y'all.
Speaker 10: So former Vice President Kamala Harris is criticizing President Trump's tariff policies. In her first major public remarks since leaving the White House now, Harris delivered a keynote address at a gala for Emerged America in San Francisco, California, yesterday, where she said people are describing the recent months as absolute chaos. She spoke about current leadership, the current administration, and said that the country belongs to we the people, not those in power. Let's take a listen to former Vice President Kamala Harris's comments at Emerged American.
Speaker 18: The American people deserve leaders who make their lives better and make our country stronger. But sadly, we have seen quite the opposite over these past few months.
Speaker 6: This country is ours.
Speaker 18: It doesn't belong to whoever.
Speaker 6: Is in the White House.
Speaker 18: It belongs to you, It belongs to us, It belongs to we the people.
Speaker 1: She's absolutely right, absolutely right. But when the media doesn't care, they don't care. Because I wasn't home yesterday, so I didn't see any cable news. But was that speech ad anywhere? I think, I don't believe that I see it on social media.
Speaker 3: I see it on cable news.
Speaker 2: Her first bee since I was like, oh, what did.
Speaker 3: I remember you telling us it was gonna happen. Morgan, Yeah, no, no it was not.
Speaker 10: It was not televised, but so yeah, I did have to go looking for it. So what you're saying is that that's something that more people should have saw, more people should have heard when the.
Speaker 1: Media don't care, they don't care because I did not see that speech nowhere, and it sounded like it was a good speech.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna watch it in full later.
Speaker 10: So yeah, the former VP, she did say that the tariffs that Trump has imposed are clearly inviting a recession, referring to what she now calls the greatest man made economic crisis in modern presidential history. Now elsewhere or meanwhile, on Capitol Hill, yesterday I was out there. Democratic lawmakers gathered for remarks on the steps of the US Capitol for an event that marked Trump's one hundred days of what they call chaos.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 10: Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer spoke alongside House Minority Leader King Jeffries. Georgia Senator Rafael Warnock, Delaware Senator Lisa Rochester, and others also spoke. Let's take a listen to Georgia Senator Rafael Warnock's comments.
Speaker 17: This is the worst first one hundred days that this country is seen in a very very long time. And so know that as we fight on the inside, we need you to fight on the outside, and we will prove once again that this is the United States of America. And at the end of the day, it's the people who have the last word.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So, Delaware Senator Lisa Blunt Rochester, who is only one of two black senators, Okay, real quick, just you know, plugs that real quick in the Senate.
Speaker 6: And the other one is here in Maryland. Hey, hey, also Brooks.
Speaker 10: So Lisa, Delaware Senator Lisa bent Rochester said that she has a message for Republicans across the aisle, and here's what she had to say in her comments on the steps.
Speaker 2: When I first came in, the word was unprecedented.
Speaker 13: But now the words are uncertain, chaotic, confused, and corrupt.
Speaker 3: Those are the words. And so to our colleagues on.
Speaker 13: The other side of the aisle, I say, on this one hundred and first day, there is an adage the truth shall set you free, the truth shall shut you free.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so what do you guys think the first one hundred days? It seems like the country is still divided more divided than ever. And is it more of the same as you're seeing from Dems or do you actually see that there is some there is some galvanizing, there's some fight there.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Chug May No, I.
Speaker 1: Still don't see no galvanizing and I still don't see no fight. But the reality also is, man, you know, we don't have time for division. And the reason we don't have time for division right now is because this is America. Regardless of who's in the White House, everything that's happening, Uh, you know, everything that's happening in regard to this administration is going to impact all American people. When the shelves are empty, it don't matter if you Democrat are Republican. You know, when people are losing their jobs and the economy is bad, it don't matter if you Democrat are Republican.
Speaker 3: Everybody is going to suffer. So you know, y'all can sit there and keep you.
Speaker 1: No pointing the finger and saying, oh are you Democrat Republican? But at the end of the day, if everybody broke, that's going that's what's really gonna matter.
Speaker 7: You know who kind of just said that about one hundred days Nelly what Nelly said. He just said he looking at the glasses half full. He's trying to stay positive.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of I don't even know why you bought Nelly into the conversation.
Speaker 2: Because I saw it this morning and I was like, it's luten.
Speaker 1: Nelly, But I have no idea because he has no idea what Nelly was on Fox News.
Speaker 7: He gave a comment to Fox News and he said he's looking at the glasses half fool because that's the type of guy he is, and he's staying positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, you really don't have no choice. You really don't have no choice but to remain optimistic. But you still got to deal with the reality of life, you know what I mean. And the reality of life is I don't care what your political party is when your economy's back period.
Speaker 10: All right, Well, let me just get into my last story real quick. Elon Musk may be stepping away from the Trump administration. There's no official announcement that he made, but yesterday during the cabinet meeting, he did indicate that it was an honor to serve. He tout it finding one hundred sixty billion dollars of government waste and predicted more accomplishments for the White House moving forward. Also keeping in mind that he is just a special government employee, so his days are numbered anyway, he was only allotted one hundred and thirty days. Now, Trump told Musk it's unfair that he's been treated the way that he has, and must responded, well, they do like to burn my cars, which is not great. And that's a reference to the ongoing acts of vandalism involving Tesla vehicles.
Speaker 6: Of course, he has s did to take.
Speaker 10: Quite a loss as being involved with this administration through Tesla, not so much the used ones.
Speaker 6: But you know, this is not a good look.
Speaker 1: So if you did find all his money in ways, what they're gonna do with the money? Remember remember remember when they was touting those five thousand dollars stimulus checks they was going to give the people if they found more ways, So what's up?
Speaker 10: I believe that all of this is going to go into the efforts of that supposed Well, this is what they're saying, at least, this is what Dems are saying, is that these tax breaks and all this money that you know, he's supposedly finding, it's going to be lying in the pockets of his billionaire buddies, or at least that's what the Dems are.
Speaker 3: I want to say something about the media again.
Speaker 1: Media has not been mentioning Elon Musk like that in recent weeks. Elon Musk, you know, hasn't even been seeking media like that. You haven't really seen them tweets. He was making all that noise with Doge earlier, and then it started impacting his business.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, his pocket and now.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, that's right, that's right. Now, he didn't win, thought he was exempt. Thought was that's right?
Speaker 6: Oh you thought I was fooling you? Okay, anyways, sorry, all right, y'all. That's your front face News.
Speaker 10: Follow me on social app Morgan Media, and for more news coverage, follow at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi in news dot com.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Morgan now, thank you.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: When we come back the Icon Living, Carrie Washington will be joining us. She's got a new movie out called Shadow Force. It will be in Thetis Made Knife and we're going to talk to her next on the World's Most Dangerous Morning Show.
Speaker 3: To Breakfast Club, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: Warning everybody you see J n V, Jesse Larris, the guy we at the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: We got a special guest in the building, the Icon living Kerry Washington here. How are you kidding?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 6: I'm happy to be here. Always good when I'm.
Speaker 9: With you all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your energy like this morning?
Speaker 20: I feel good, I feel centered, I feel grateful. Yeah, I'm curious.
Speaker 3: Do you have an attention this morning? When you will go?
Speaker 20: I didn't state an intention when I woke up this morning, but I woke up with a lot of gratitude.
Speaker 3: Amazing, Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 6: What's the gratitude for?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 20: I feel like this is going to sound so cliche, but I'm very aware lately. Maybe I'm trying to cultivate more awareness lately that as much as things are challenging in the world, Like I feel like the circumstances in the world are tough at the moment for a lot of people, but also two things can be true. There's so much of my life that is truly answered prayers, Like I know when I wake up that the career I have, my marriage, my children, my health, that like I am living, I'm walking in prayers answered it.
Speaker 1: This is a time for I mean, it always never a time, but I want people to return back to God in this moment. I really because if you are a person of faith and you got to believe, everything truly does happen for a greater good, right, or at least for some reason that we may not understand.
Speaker 6: I do believe that I do. I think that.
Speaker 20: I try to remember though, also that that faith is not just about being like handing your power over that. For me, faith is about listening for God's will, which is also pointing me in the right direction toward action. Right Like faith is not just about like sitting back and saying like other people will do or somebody else will provide.
Speaker 6: It's also about like, how can you use me today?
Speaker 3: Lord?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 20: How can I be of service today? How can I show up? Because faith isn't just about being inactive, It's about like really stepping into your purpose. You're calling your responsibility action?
Speaker 3: Is that your word for this season? Since you're in shadow? For I do you know?
Speaker 6: It's funny?
Speaker 20: I feel like the last time I was here may have been to talk about my memoir Thicker than Water, And it was when I was writing Thicker than Water, I was making this movie, and so there was like an awareness of a strength that was growing in my life, like an emotional strength, a spiritual strength.
Speaker 6: With my family.
Speaker 20: And I feel like the film allowed me to put that in my body, like in my cells, to be like, what does fierceness really look like feel like on me?
Speaker 6: Not that I know that.
Speaker 7: Thinking about back to that conversation, I can I've seen a movie, so I can kind of see what you're talking about. Yeah, but did you ever think that you'll be taking on because this is your first action film, you'd be taking on action in your career in a role like this.
Speaker 20: So, I mean, I'm just gonna be honest with you. I did an action film twenty years ago. I was Angelina Julie's best friend and mister Missus Smith and I got to like climb that mountain with Angelina and shoot some guns, and I was like.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 6: I loved it.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you loved it. But I never had a chance.
Speaker 20: Yeah until I then, I like, my career kind of took a different turn, and I was doing drama and TV and movies and comedy, but I'd never had a chance to do action again, and I really wanted to, so my production company, Simpson Street. When Scandal ended, I was like, we need to find a great action film, and when I read this one, I was like, this is it because I feel like my favorite action films are the ones where you know why the explosions are happening right where you care about the characters, where there are real emotional stakes, and so I felt like to have a big This film is like a crazy, big ass, splashy action adventure.
Speaker 6: But at its heart, it's about love.
Speaker 20: It's about family, It's about the sacrifices you make for the people that you love the most. It's about what it means to be a parent, and I think most parents know what it feels like to be like I would go to the ends of the earth to protect this child.
Speaker 6: But if you are a trained mercenary.
Speaker 7: Like my character and they kill people for a living, what does that look like to really do whatever it takes to protect your little black boy Joy? Yea, what was the training at this point in your career for this action film versus that first action film.
Speaker 20: I don't even remember for the training for that one, And you know, maybe because I'm older or just it was so new for me.
Speaker 6: But this was intense.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 20: I mean there was a lot of just weightlifting and pilates even just to get in shape to be able to learn the choreography. And then there was stunt training and weapons training because we're not just shooting guns where loading guns, were cleaning guns, where there was the fight choreography. I mean it was hours and hours of training.
Speaker 3: Is you know a bus your gun before? No?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, I mean I had done a little bit, but I really and on all different kinds of guns and I'm a really good shot.
Speaker 3: Did to make you want to own one?
Speaker 20: It didn't make me want to own one, but it made me grateful that I could use it if I needed to.
Speaker 2: Definitely, Yeah, was that ever challenging? What part of it was ever challenging?
Speaker 20: The shooting was not challenging. Weirdly, it was weird like that it came. I mean, I have a one of our targets that I'm framing for my office that I got like a bullet in each eye, like crazy. I don't know why I'm such a good shot, but I'm I'm not complaining. I think the physical, like learning the martial arts, especially because a a lot of my fights.
Speaker 6: Were with people much bigger than me.
Speaker 20: So to learn how to fight Omarci, who plays my husband in the film, who's the actor of many of You may love him from Lupin or Lupin if you're saying it the French way, but he's so much taller than me, and so to figure out, like what is my fight approach to be able to take him on was fun.
Speaker 1: Hard, I'll be honest with you, sounds very tiring, like what would the recovery process likes.
Speaker 7: A press while you're yeah at all, But I loved it. I mean, it's it was.
Speaker 20: It was useful to have a husband at the you know, my husband who was a former professional athlete, to be able to kind of help me through some of that.
Speaker 6: But I love that.
Speaker 20: I love challenging myself physically, and I love working out. I love getting into the body of the character. So it was exhausting, but I.
Speaker 6: Also felt, I don't know, I was really proud.
Speaker 20: That when my kids would get up on a Saturday morning, they would come downstairs and see mommy like with the boxing gloves on, kicking ass and the driveway with my trainer, Like there was something really exciting about that.
Speaker 3: The role, like this help you to express your shadow side war.
Speaker 6: I think so.
Speaker 20: I definitely like i've I think my go to personality. I'm much more of a lover than a fighter. I'm not a person who likes to argue. I'm not really combative.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 20: I'm not avoidant, but I'm definitely not an aggressive person. So this did help me tap into a level of anger and aggression and courage more than anything.
Speaker 3: Ooh, courage. That's by courage.
Speaker 20: Because I think when you put yourself in situations where you can get hurt, it requires you to face those fears and you know the It's funny. I was talking to Omar because he's French and our word courage comes from the French word kul, which means heart. So it's really about like having a strong heart, a capacity to challenge your heart.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because I was thinking about something earlier, like what do you think your characters have taught you that no human being our real life ever.
Speaker 20: I mean, I'm lucky because every time I play a character, I get to learn her greatest lessons. So it's almost like reincarnation in this lifetime, like I get to learn what she learns and then fold it into my life to move forward. A lot of times, what characters remind me, they remind me to be grateful, you know, Like for this film in Shadow Force, it's really about what it takes to protect the people you love from the systems that want to cause you harm, which I think is very relevant right now. But this couple, they used to be part of this spy unit. You know, they were trained killers together, they broke the rules, they fell in love.
Speaker 6: I got pregnant.
Speaker 20: So now we have to go on the run to protect our kid from the very unit that we used to be a part of, the Shadow Force unit. So for me, the film is about, like, when there are systems that don't want you to have freedom and love and joy, what do you do to fight those systems? And I think that's a great lesson to be reminded of right now. It's a great question for all of us to be asking ourselves right now. You know, Like I too, as a mom, want to protect my black boy joy. I want my son to hold onto his joy in the face of a world that may not be invested in his liberty and strength. And so that for the film, the film was a great reminder.
Speaker 6: Also these two mercenaries. You know, they have to separate.
Speaker 20: I kind of back off from the family to try to protect them from Afar, and Omar plays the dad.
Speaker 6: It's this beautiful.
Speaker 20: It's such a perfect date movie because the action is beast but Omar also plays He's doing the primary parenting of the dad, and that image of a black father who's so like locked in and present is so beautiful in a film. But part of what they learn is about partnership. Like, if you're lucky enough to have a partner in parenting, you are so much stronger when you lean into that partnership. And in that partner could be your spouse, it could be your sister, it could be your mother, it could be your stepdad, it could be whoever is part of that village. But leaning into that partnership in parenting.
Speaker 6: Is also a gift.
Speaker 20: So I think I walked away from the film so grateful for my partner, for my kids, for our safety, for our willingness to fight for our joy no matter what's happening in the world.
Speaker 19: Hi, we got more with Kerry Washington when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 3: It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: Good morning, everybody, It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne, the Guy we Are the Breakfast Club. Lauren la Roast is here as well. Was still kicking it with Carrie Washington.
Speaker 7: Lauren the first scene that stood out to me where I was like, I think this is what I'm feeling. I'm feeling like she's fighting the fact that like this is a good man and he loves your son and you as much as you think he does.
Speaker 3: Just let him do it.
Speaker 7: Oh, you got it, girl. Y'all were at the gun range and.
Speaker 2: Don't don't give no damn more.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, yeah, y'all and y'all y'all had the back and forth there, yeah, and you left and his shot was perfect, and I was like, man, it talked about a lot about how men have to sacrifice in family and relationship versus how women have to do it and how.
Speaker 12: We feel it.
Speaker 20: Yes, and now we come together because you really kind of twisted the gender norms in this film where the woman is out there working protecting from Afar, trying to you know, not just bring home the bacon, like bring home the dead bodies to protect this family. But he's even though he's badass and strong, he's also like the more sensitive parents.
Speaker 6: He's like really present.
Speaker 20: I was talking to my girlfriends, like, to me, there is nothing sexier than watching a man be a good dad.
Speaker 6: It is just like so beautiful.
Speaker 20: So I just love that we're kind of playing in those gender norms and asking people to challenge your idea of even what family looks like today.
Speaker 7: Did that cause any conversations for you at home with your family of like, Okay, here are some things that you know I want to I don't know, let you do. Let you I'm gonna I'm gonna lean and allow you to do. Because that was like the biggest thing is.
Speaker 20: Like, yeah, I don't know that the film caused me to have those conversations in my marriage. But I think one of the reasons why the film really resonated for me is because I do really understand the value of the partnership that I can and I really do have. You know, I love parenting with my husband. You know, I love our marriage and I love how we are a team with these kids, and both are really important. Like to cultivate the time to just be a couple and then to cultivate the time to pour into the family too.
Speaker 6: All of that is just so important.
Speaker 20: So when I read the script, I was like, Oh, this just feels so good to see black love portrayed in this way black power like they are so badass, but also to see black love sort of explored in this way.
Speaker 1: You play so many different roles, like when you go home, how do you remain rooted?
Speaker 3: And who Carrie Washington is.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I have rituals that I do at the end of the day, like a lot of times, you know, a lot of times I'll play a character, for example, who's married to somebody else, right, And so for me, when I take off my wedding ring and put it back on at the beginning of the end of the day, that's a small ritual.
Speaker 6: That grounds me and who I am.
Speaker 20: So it's such a big part of who I am and how I walk in the world. And I just I have like ways that I close out the day because in the beginning of my career I used to try to live in these characters all day long. But when you get married and have kids, You're like, I don't need to go home and be sharing my shadow self with people that don't.
Speaker 6: Deserve that or need that. So I try to.
Speaker 20: Really create containers you know, some of that has to do with the hair and the makeup. When I take off the costume, I just try to leave what needs to be left there. It's not always perfect. There's you know, I'm a person who thinks a lot about the work even when I'm not at work. But I do try to make sure that I'm as present as I can be with my family because they deserve that.
Speaker 3: Have you ever bought a home and called you?
Speaker 5: You mane?
Speaker 3: Their own name?
Speaker 2: Characters?
Speaker 3: The characters now, yes, Olivia.
Speaker 4: No, no, okay no no no.
Speaker 1: I feel like I got to say gradulations to you too, because the six Triple Late received the Congressional Medal.
Speaker 3: Yes, honor.
Speaker 1: I feel I feel like the Netflix series, Nicole Avon and Tyler Perry, I feel like that amplified that story.
Speaker 2: That was our goal.
Speaker 20: You know, when when Tyler and Nicole came to me with that project.
Speaker 6: It was so clear to us that this story.
Speaker 20: Needed to be told because these women needed to be celebrated, and that the most important thing was that we made a movie that really resonated with people so that no one would ever forget these women existed and what they did, the sacrifices they made for this country and the courage they had to do what they did. So the fact that it like broke records, it was Tyler's biggest film ever on Netflix, that fifty million people watched it in the first few months, Like it was just an insane success for the platform. And I'm really proud of that because what that says to me is that at a time when our history is so under attack, that that is a story that cannot be taken away from us, and that we understand our role to do good and to make the world a better place, and that that has been a part of the history of this country forever.
Speaker 1: That feels psychologically to see the same administration has taken so much from us to also reward the six triple late.
Speaker 20: I don't know if it was this administration that made that decision or if it happened prior to I just ought to speak at yeah, yeah, yeah, But I would just say, whoever gives them their flowers, they deserve their flowers. It doesn't make me say that the other decisions they're making are okay, right, Like they don't get a pass because they've done this one thing. These women deserve to be honored and celebrated despite whoever is in power at any time, and.
Speaker 7: Then the NAACP Image of work moments. But thank you to Tyler Perry. Congratulations, I'll Standing Actress in a Motion Picture for us, and.
Speaker 20: Then we also won Best Picture, which was so proud as an executive producer of that film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the movie was perfectly cast. It to oh my god, all those girls.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 20: As a producer, I was really proud to be introducing all of that young talent, all those incredible young black actresses to the world.
Speaker 6: They were so.
Speaker 20: Amazing and in shadow force too. I mean Jalil As a producer, when we audition Omar and I auditioned Julia, who plays our son in the film, I mean, he like steals the movie. He's so adorable and lovable and he has to be right because every explosion, every kick, every punch is for him, so you have to fall in love with him, and he's so good. And then method Man's in the film to find Joy. We were lucky we got her before her fancy Oscar. But the cast is incredible. It's stacked.
Speaker 2: I love Yeah, Graduat.
Speaker 7: I wanted to ask you when the NAACP Image of word moment happened where you think Tyler Perry again, and then he posted online talking about how that brought him to tears. Y'all talked after. I'm sure was it an emotional conversation.
Speaker 20: It was because again, like we don't you know, we had just made this film to give flowers to eight hundred and fifty two women in heaven and three who were still with us, to honor their sacrifice and their service. And he was like, I'm so grateful that you take that you took the time to give me my flowers now right, we can't wait for people to go to say how great they are. We need to let people know in the real And I didn't. I just didn't know that I had thanked him twice.
Speaker 2: Going throughause, I blacked out.
Speaker 20: I really really did not think I was gonna win. Like I told Nandi to stay home, like you gotta come to this baby, Like I knew. I knew that Cynthia Rivo was winning that award or she was nominated for an Oscar. I'm such a crazy, wicked fan, like I voted for Cynthia, so it was amazing. I really was shocked, Like like Beyonce Album of the year, shocked, like just couldn't believe that that had happened. Yeah, and then when I got up on stage, I blacked out, so I didn't remember having said him And the idea when I was walking off stage that I may not have said his name was so devastating to me.
Speaker 6: I just blew up the whole show.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that level of gratitude, you know what I mean, because I feel like a lot of people who don't do that. Why was that so important for you to do in that moment? Like I have to make sure I think that.
Speaker 20: I think because Tyler's been such a support for me throughout my career. Like at a time earlier in my career where I was like I'm done acting, I don't think I want to do this anymore, he called me to be in for Colored Girls Beautiful film, and I got to work with so many of my heroes, Whoopi Goldberg and Felicia Rashad and Loretta Devine and Janet Jackson and Anica Noni Rose a young Tessa Thompson. Like he's been there for me even when I've struggled, like in my career with Paparazzi and fame. He's provided safe spaces for me. He's a confidant, he's an advisor, he's a real friend. And to come to me with this role, I just thought this was an extraordinary gift to be able to play Captain Charity Adams, a woman who was so inspiring and so heroic. It really felt like the gift of a lifetime to be asked to step into this process with him and co produce with him.
Speaker 2: So I want.
Speaker 6: I just it was. I couldn't imagine not thinking him.
Speaker 19: Hi, we got more with Kerry Washington when we come back, don't move. It's to Breakfast Club, Good Morning.
Speaker 5: Wanting everybody.
Speaker 19: It's theej Envy, Jesse, Larius Charlomagne, the guy we are to Breakfast Club. Lorn La Ross here as well, was still kicking it with Kerrie Washington Charlomagne.
Speaker 1: But what are the biggest lessons you've learned as a producer as opposed to things you learned as a as a fad actor.
Speaker 6: I guess the thing I love most about producing is when you're.
Speaker 20: An actor, you really are sitting around waiting for somebody else to give you an opportunity to do what you love to do right, Like you're like, please, somebody hire me, somebody invite me to your party, Like I just want to play, I want to hang out.
Speaker 6: I want a seat at the table.
Speaker 20: But when you're a producer, it's that thing of like if you don't have a seat at the table, build your own table. Like I get to build my own table now, and because it's my table, it's the table I know I want to be at and I do not build a table for one. So to have a table where I know thousands of people are getting to work and to pursue excellence and chase their dreams because of what we're doing at Simpson Street, that's such a gift. So I think as a producer again, it's really about like how can I be of service, not just to find the projects that I want to do and tell the stories I want to tell for me, but also like, I'm so proud of our show Reasonable Doubt, which we're shooting in Atlanta right now, season.
Speaker 2: Three, Desperate Housewives, Yeah I make Yeah, So.
Speaker 20: We're really like we are creating lots of opportunities not just for me but for other people, and that I love to be of service.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask how do you pick what you get involved in or choose to do.
Speaker 7: Because the Desperate Housewives spin off, it's like twenty years later. Yeah, were you a fan of the show or like, how what's.
Speaker 20: The fact I love the show. I'm a huge fan of the show and that showrunner Mark Cherry. I just I thought it's just a great time. Like some of the issues of that show, the idea of like living a life of perfection where everything looks good, but underneath there are secrets and desires and complexities that we're not talking about. Like that still resonates. So I thought this was a good time to to think about how would that show exist now? Who would be in that cul de sac now? Because it looks different now than it did twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: I see people were not happy about that, though I saw some backlash. It was like, we don't want a new cast. I think they're trying to say we don't want to adversity. I think that's what it really says.
Speaker 7: I was thinking, I mean, some black neighbors, we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 3: How do you even when you hear stuff like that, does it deter you in any way?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: Is that a project? I want to touch.
Speaker 20: I'm open to feedback. I think it's important to have your ear open to criticism. But I try to only give real power to people who are in the game right like I don't. I don't really take criticism to heart from people who I don't admire and respect.
Speaker 7: Dang, you you're from outside.
Speaker 20: I have to like you and like how you're living and right you're doing and what you're creating to feel like you have a say on what I do.
Speaker 6: But I'm very open. I'm a very collaborative person. I'm very open to feedback.
Speaker 20: I love getting like I love directors who challenge me, who make me be better, who ask tough questions.
Speaker 6: You just have to be careful with your energy and not give it to haters.
Speaker 3: So just the random folks on social media you like whatever, No I mean you.
Speaker 6: I again, I think you have to stay aware.
Speaker 20: I think anytime you just dismiss human beings is that's not healthy because everybody matters. Everybody's a child of God, People's voices matter, people count. But you just have to For me, as I'm weighing input, I have to make sure that I don't give my power away.
Speaker 1: Question when when you were doing scandal, right, Yeah, the scandal seemed very absurd.
Speaker 3: You think about the government.
Speaker 1: When you look at the government now, you like, what like shann couldn't even it's wild.
Speaker 3: What would do right now if she was part of his government.
Speaker 20: Which I don't think she would be part of this government. I don't think she would have you know, she wouldn't serve this administration.
Speaker 3: Even to be a spool who sat by the door like the that's.
Speaker 20: An interesting twist. Maybe Shonda would write that kind of version.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't. I really this administration is.
Speaker 20: Beyond what I can wrap my head around right now, and so I'm really really trying to pivot my focus on most days to how each of us can show up to participate in this process in ways that really matters, because I think we got here because too many people feel like they don't matter, like their voices didn't matter. I think if more people understood the power of their vote, we wouldn't be where we are.
Speaker 1: When did you first realize people were watching you not just as an actress, but as an as a leader.
Speaker 6: Oh that's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 20: I think I've always been a little bit of a you know, I started my activism work when I was a teenager. So I've always been a person who's kind of been an artist but also tried to be of service.
Speaker 6: But I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 6: I mean, even as you said it, I was like, oh, I guess people do think of me as a leader, but I don't. That's not first in my mind. I don't think about it in those terms. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Interesting, I would say, even politically like people they I don't know your character of course because of you know, living Pope, but even politically like people look to you to see like who you're talking about, why you're talking about, on what you're doing, what you're not doing. You got off an X at one point, I did, Yeah you took a break. I saw you post that as well. Are you back now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, right no.
Speaker 7: But it's a synonymous with Olivia popeen who you know what I mean? The whole Scan show and.
Speaker 6: That was Twitter.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that was an ex. Twitter was made our show. Part of what it was the culture on Twitter and black Twitter. But X is a different place now. The neighborhood has changed. I don't want to live there. I'm not in that neighborhood anymore. I don't agree with the leadership. You want to talk about leadership like, I don't agree with the leadership there. I don't agree with how the conversations are happening.
Speaker 6: It's not okay.
Speaker 20: It's not as safe a place as it used to be, and it was never entirely safe, but now it's like the wild West, and there's a lot of misinformation, and so I don't want to be at that party.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you use the word safe because you don't seem to play it safe, but you have this like huge career. A lot of people in Hollywood want to play it safe because they don't want to impact, you know, their career.
Speaker 3: Why do you take that? I guess risk is the work.
Speaker 20: It's interesting because I even at my company, when we talk about culture within the company at Simpson Street, we often don't say, like we want to make sure this is a safe space. We try to say, we want to make sure this is a brave space, because it's not about safety. It's about truth and having the courage, being brave to say the things that need to be said so that you can move everybody forward. Safe is about like tiptoeing eggshells, working around people. It's like, no, no, no, no, no, be real, Let's tell the truth, Let's be kind. But I think clear is kind.
Speaker 3: What was there a brave story you want to tell right now?
Speaker 1: Especially being like I said, they keep they're taking a lot of things from it. So I feel like art is going to be the only way to educate and inform.
Speaker 20: I was just at the Brooklyn Artists Ball last night at the Brooklyn Museum and they were honoring Darren Walker, who's an incredible leader, and he was saying that artists hold such important meaning in the culture right now because artists are like a mirror.
Speaker 6: Up to society.
Speaker 20: I'm really proud of Shadow for us. I really I love this film. I feel like theaters are back, Like I'm so excited about Sinners. I'm obsessed with that film is so beautiful. I feel like this is another like really exciting film to see in theaters because the locations are gorgeous and it's not a lot of cgi Like this is real people doing real stunts, putting our bodies at risk. I'm excited to be in community with people telling stories about the power of black family and black love. And black parenting and black kids and and commit unity, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then I'm starting a series Simpsons.
Speaker 20: Treet is producing a new series for Apple called Imperfect Women that we start in a couple of weeks. We're filming in LA So I'm really excited about that project to us with Lizzie Moss from Handmaid's Tale, and that's also really about like truth, you know.
Speaker 2: And booked and busy trying. I love that.
Speaker 20: And I'm excited that we're shooting in LA you know, because we need that after the fires. There's we really need for more production to be happening in Los Angeles. So I just finished doing a film there and now we're starting this series.
Speaker 1: Are you reprising your role as Alicia Masters? And fantastic film.
Speaker 6: I haven't been invited to.
Speaker 2: Manifestation, but you can put that out there.
Speaker 6: I do want to do more action films.
Speaker 20: I really feel like doing Shadow Force was so fun, and I think it's exciting to work in that way, to be to take on strength, not just intellectually and emotionally and spiritually, but physically.
Speaker 3: Got well. Thank you, Queen Carry Washington.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure when you pull up Shadow Forces in theaters.
Speaker 6: On May Night. All the badass.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mother's Day weekend, that is the that's that's what you need to take your mother to go see Shadow Force.
Speaker 3: Carrie, thank you for joining.
Speaker 6: Us, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Just a pleasure to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Yes, my son, Yes, yes, it's the world's most dangerous morning to show the Breakfast Club charlamagnea god, just hilarious, envious out But Lauren La Rosas and I got to shoot salute my guy, Abby the sandwich specialist from Newark, New Jersey. He's up here providing us a breakfast sandwiches this morning. Man, I told you about the good ass salmon burger I had, Yes you did. Yes, so Abby came up here.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to sank my team into one of them sandwiches.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Lauren Herry, what the latest we can eat?
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 3: Lauren be coming a straight fast. She gets them from somebody that knows somebody get the detail.
Speaker 2: I'm a home girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 1: She'd be having the latest on you.
Speaker 5: The latest with Lauren La Rosa fact.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we have detailed, sometimes you have a little bit.
Speaker 5: Every time. Leader on the Breakfast Clubs talk to me.
Speaker 7: So last night the twenty second NBA season ended, Lebron James and Lakers took a loss to the Timberwolves.
Speaker 3: Three tonight.
Speaker 1: Lakers, Shakers, Breakers, Takers tem.
Speaker 7: Well this morning at following that game, hashtag he is forty has been trending.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 7: This has been trending because that is Lebron James's age, and every time the NBA season ends, Lebron James talks about what his future is going to look like. This time around, he said last night that he is undecided when it comes to retirement or not. So people are just going back and forth about whether he should retire because I know he said before that he was just waiting to be able to play a year or a season with his son. Now he's been able to play lebrony and people are like, hey, I think he you know, maybe he should sit down. He's still looking good, but maybe he shouldn't. People are going back and forth, Charlotte, what you think?
Speaker 3: What I mean? I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean Lebron can still play. I mean for me, it's put it like this, I'm forty six years old. I've been watching Lebron play what twenty one to twenty two seasons. Now I've seen more. I've seen more of what I saw yesterday. Like you know, I guess heartbreak than I have him at the top. And it's not fair to say, because you know, I watched Michael Jordan for thirteen years. Half of that he won championships. I watched Maggic Johnson for thirteen years. Half of that he was winning championships. Lebron has played.
Speaker 3: Much, much, much, much, much much longer.
Speaker 1: But I've seen him lose a lot, and I've seen a lot of people eat on his watch. Still, you know, top five greatest NBA player of all time, but I've seen a lot of people eat on his watch.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what he still has to prove at this point.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's still trying to chase that because he doesn't like that kind of conversation. Maybe he's still trying to chase some of those people I just named. But I don't think he has anything to prove. But I mean, I can't sit here and say he should retire because his game. Don't say that at all.
Speaker 7: A lot of the articles last night it out and I think some of these injuries are common just with the game. But a lot of them pointed out last night that he was limping out of the Crypto arena. His left leg was swollen from a needy leede collision.
Speaker 1: Here you wake up limping for no goddamn reason, okay, and have to run up and down the corn.
Speaker 4: Like French or something stretching. I've seen it, crazy Yilli. Even Charlamune coming in this money every morning, be like.
Speaker 2: I came out, Yes, he'd be doing that.
Speaker 4: I thought it was because he was on a spectrum and didn't tell us. Thought it was a little remedia at first.
Speaker 2: But no, it's literally is about to be fifty that's true.
Speaker 7: Well, if if Lebron James does opt into his option, which he has to do by June twenty ninth, or he becomes a free agent, he can return to the Lakers for twenty six and it'll be worth fifty two point six million dollars.
Speaker 1: If he does play for another year, I personally would like to see him going back to Cleveland for his last year and have his victory lap tour. And Cleveland got a really good team, so you know, you never know, like Cleveland got a really great team, right, like the know that I don't know if they don't win the championship this year, maybe somebody like Lebron can go there and help get them over the top. And it's easy to He'll be a free agency, they won't have to lose anything. So who knows well.
Speaker 7: In other sports news really quick so we can get to those salmon sandwiches. The Atlanta Falcons and their defensive coordinator Jeff Albridge have been fined following that print call that Jeff Albridge's son did to Shadoor Sanders over the NFL draft.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen to jeff Arbridge apologizing.
Speaker 8: First of all, I like to publicly apologize to Shadar and the Sanders family for what occurred. Second of all, I want to publicly apologize to mister Blank, Terry Foutino, Ran Morris, and the entire Falcons organization. My actions, my actions have not protected confidential data, were inexcusable. My son's actions were absolutely inexcusable, and for that we are both deeply sorry. The NFL has taken action and I fully respect the punishment. We take full responsibility my son and myself, and we will not be appealing to find in any way going forward. I promised my son and I will work hard to demonstrate we are better than this. Again, I'm deeply sorry for our actions.
Speaker 3: You should have your son up to apologizing too.
Speaker 1: And furthermore, I'm taking money out all these accounts whatever I didn't save it up to him, trust funds and everything. This coming out your money, son, Okay, this quarter million, you're gonna pay for this.
Speaker 7: So the Falcons will find two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, while Jeff Albridge will have to pay one hundred thousand dollars in an edition for failing to prevent the disclosure of confidential information that was distributed to the club and advance of the NFL draft because that number his son was able to obtain because of those confidential documents. Now, question, Jess, what does a three hundred and fifty thousand dollars behind within look like in your household? Because my mom I would have been up there apologizing. She would have pulled me by my like you that.
Speaker 2: I would have to be a slave for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: Pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yes, my mom is not paying that for me.
Speaker 4: My dad would not pay that for me, Like if it was my fault, that's such a big bill, Like that accumulates in the house, and it's my fault. I'm working the rest of my life to pay that and swoppens every day and I'm thirty three, But.
Speaker 1: I'm saying I'm not even joking, Like whatever trust fund he has put up for that little boy, that money should come out of that. It's like like whatever money he got put away for that little boy, if that little boy got money in his savings account, checking account, all of that got to come out to go to this fine. You got you a nice little car that you was driving, You're gonna have to sell that to anything you got valuable you got to get rid of until his dad.
Speaker 5: Is paid off.
Speaker 7: Daddy had a couple of dollars, so you know he was driving something nice. You know, you know he was not no more. Well, that is the latest, and make sure you got to check out the podcast The Latest with Learn the Rosa. Me and Brandon who's been sitting on the podcast, and we had a spirited discussion about this because you know, brand is into sports and some things. So make sure y'all check out the conversation over there. The Latest Woolen the Rosa. Anywhere you listen to your podcast.
Speaker 2: Heavy birthday to Victoria money and why am w Melly?
Speaker 3: So none of them were Mexican.
Speaker 4: No they're not. I'm just saying they're black. They like us, one is in jail, one is not.
Speaker 1: They like thee Yeah. Yeah, you know, we don't say happy birthday like we should. A birthday is Laura home girl birthday?
Speaker 3: Do birthday? Okay.
Speaker 2: I've heard her.
Speaker 4: Talk about Drew a couple of times, like we like Drew up here in front of the room.
Speaker 1: Maybe, well, today is also made for us the first day of mental health away in this month. So we need a young woman named Akisha Johnson to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 3: We would like to have a word with her. You'll see, okay, because that.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, that is messed up. Okay.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: If you're like into the breakfast Club and.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to know how you came up with them, don't hear.
Speaker 13: The name, because you mean.
Speaker 3: You get a bunch of donkeys.
Speaker 6: That is what Charlemagne.
Speaker 1: Because we live a life where we write are tongue based off who we may have seen, he never say anything.
Speaker 5: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: In the word of charlemagnea god he's a donkey.
Speaker 3: Cow man, Charlamagne, you've given donkey a day.
Speaker 5: To who now?
Speaker 1: Yes, donkey today for Thursday, May first is going to a thirty five year old Kentucky woman named Makisha Johnson. Now today is made first. And do you know what today is?
Speaker 3: It's the first day of Mental Health Awareness Month.
Speaker 1: Okay, drop on the clues, bumps for mental health away as we This month is dedicated to raising awareness, promoting education, and providing resources to support those struggling with mental health challenges. And that is what we are doing today with this donkey. We are raising awareness to those struggling with mental health issues. Because Makeisha is clearly struggling with mental health issues. Okay, she was a patient at a Kentucky hospital and she did something that a lot of people think about doing when the process at the hospital is taking too long.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, Uncle Sharlah.
Speaker 1: She did something that a lot of people think about doing when the process at the hospital is taking too long.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go to WDR you for the report. Please.
Speaker 21: A woman is under arrest in Louisville after reportedly choking and assaulting a U OFFL hospital nurse. Court records saying nurse was making her roalm Saturday afternoon, when thirty five year old Miikeisha Johnson allegedly attacked her.
Speaker 6: Plase Say.
Speaker 21: Footage of the incident shows Johnson choking the nurse, then slamming her to the ground, where she reportedly began hitting the nurse in the face.
Speaker 6: Officer Say.
Speaker 21: Johnson claims she was angry at the staff were taking too long to discharge her. Johnson was charged with assault of a healthcare provider, wanting endangerment and menacing.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. When you're ready to go, you're ready to go. Okay.
Speaker 1: We have all been part of the discharge process from the hospital in some way, shape or form, whether you've been the patient or whether you've been waiting with somebody. And yes, the hospital does drag their feet sometime. Okay, it is a hurry up and wait situation. Nothing is worse when you have to unexpectedly go to the hospital, like you know, you got to go to the eall like something that right with you, or the kids got a bone out of side gets so you gotta up and leave the house and you didn't plan to.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you be so.
Speaker 1: Ready to leave the hospital once they tell you nothing wrong or they fix what is wrong, but the hospital do be taken forever. But just because you think about choking somebody doesn't give you the right to do it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Escially, when this nurse wasn't doing anything but her job. Nurses out here working long hours, they're underpaid, they're stressed, and they always put their own health ever risk just to take care of our sick asses.
Speaker 3: Okay, they do not deserve to be attacked on the job, full stop.
Speaker 1: But also, if you're trying to speed up the process, Makisha, the quickest way to slow things down is by physically attacking the nurse. Okay, you're definitely not going home now, You're going to jail now. I'm not here to make excuses for her violences. Okay, what she did was wrong, but we have to know something was off with her mentally, right. You gotta know that there is a lot of things that are going to push people to the breaking point. In this day and time that we live in. It's gonna be a lot of things that are gonna make people snap. And it's because folks like Mekeisha are walking around with undiagnosed mental illnesses. Okay, a lot of folks out here underpression and they don't got no tools, no resources, no coping skills. They're not going to no therapy, they don't have no emotional outlets. They just have frustration and nowhere healthy to put it, and they end up projecting on people the way that Makisha projected onto this nurse. And that's not an individual problem. Okay, that just doesn't stand with Makisha, that's a societal problem. We don't take mental health seriously. We tell people just to man up or suck it up or you know, get it.
Speaker 6: What, suck it up?
Speaker 1: You know you were best eat because I could have tied all of that in with Kanye too, but I didn't because he's somebody else that we know is deal with mental health issues and people be telling him to suck it up. He did it literally, But we tell people to man up and get over it or just deal with it. Meanwhile, people out here exploding over little things, okay, and others have to pay the price like that poor nurse.
Speaker 3: So we need to get people help, get them therapy.
Speaker 1: I personally don't believe this young woman, Makisha Johnson needs to be in handcuffs but she does deserve to get the credit today for being stupid, so give her the biggest he huh. Yes, yo, this man said suck it up and people exploding over little things?
Speaker 4: Rightness was so much gay intention? Oh my god, guys, no album.
Speaker 3: But no, it is mental health aware.
Speaker 1: Thisess wants to let's, you know, pay attention to what with mental health awareness is all about? Okay, there are people out here struggling with all types of mental health challenges that they don't know what to do with. So let this be the month that you know, we should do it all the time, but we should alway be raising awareness and promoting mental health education and providing resources to people who need it.
Speaker 6: They gonna do that? Kane empathy?
Speaker 3: Am I gonna get empathy? Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: The reason I gave mckeisy Johnson donkey to day is because she's thirty five years old. At some point, you know, you know you shouldn't know better about it. You know you're not responsible for your trauma, but you are responsible for your healing.
Speaker 4: I mean, I hear you just because what I think you said something crazy. It's Samon Berger.
Speaker 3: Is trying to tell you dropping the bombs.
Speaker 4: For this banana put is banana putting.
Speaker 1: The banana banana put a duel out there abduling, Okay, yes, out there everything.
Speaker 3: Is trying to tell you everything.
Speaker 4: Have me the sand sandwich I got, the one with cheese is some special sauce. I'm trying to tell you right out there in Newark, y'all.
Speaker 1: I was in Newark last week and I went to ay the Samewich specialist, and my guy Duel. I was like, yo, y'all gotta taste this, because y'all think I'll just be capping when I'd be telling you how amazing things.
Speaker 7: This is the guy who had caught up here and was like, you said you just gonna come to my spot and didn't come, and then you went that, oh, yes, that is.
Speaker 3: A fire trying to mean that Sam Burger hitting right. No, No, it's hits.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm saying, you's certainly right, Lauren. I told him put one to the side for you.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I want some banana put into. Well that's gone, it is you have too big mac.
Speaker 7: Listen the banana put in going up to it's no more banana put it.
Speaker 2: There's no more. Oh, he said, he got me don't worry about it. Don't worry about that. Just get a sandwich.
Speaker 8: Lauren.
Speaker 3: We got just fixed my mess coming up.
Speaker 1: It's the world's most dangerous morning show, The Breakfast Club, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Come everybody, you know while we get till Baby it's.
Speaker 3: Real kill me help.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm all up in your mess. I'm gonna fix it, mix it, fix it, fix it, just gonna fix your mess because my advice is real.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the world's most dangerous morning to show, The Breakfast Club. Charlamagne to Godess hilarious. Nbia is out the day, but Lauren Lerosa is in. But it don't even matter because right now it's time for just fix my mess. Okay, this is what Jess fixes people's mess. If you listen to her Carefully Reckless podcast. That's what she does on the Carefully Reckless podcast every week, and she does it here on The Breakfast Club every Thursday.
Speaker 2: Is well, hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: What's your question?
Speaker 22: All right?
Speaker 16: So my question is try to make it sure them guys for all those two years or whatever, and when I'm here, you know they were stopping for I want to talking and now it's like over from being a street guy a man job. So it's like I'm just picking up and LaBelle kinda. So my question is how long do you think.
Speaker 9: For a man while he's broke?
Speaker 4: You said, all right, so how you asked because you kind of went out a little bit, you said, how long should you take care of a man?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 2: Why he's broke?
Speaker 16: Yeah? How long you think? Like you should be done for a minion while he's see.
Speaker 4: That's that goes on the situation basically, like that's bye, that's whatever. The circumstances are, like you can't just put because I can't tell you when you should stop putting the bill for everything like this? He what does he want to do? Do you see him trying to get the job? Is he trying to make money some type of way? Is he trying to you know, launch a business or you know even a podcast something?
Speaker 2: What is he trying to do? Does he show you any So he's starting.
Speaker 16: A clothing line, but it's like it ain't really like growing good right now?
Speaker 2: So the closes trash is what you're saying, like he ain't really.
Speaker 3: Have to It's not you wouldn't you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: It's writing you this.
Speaker 15: I wear the promotion because I have a nice body, So I wear the promotion.
Speaker 2: I get him some time wearing.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 4: You only wearing it because you know you're standing behind your man like you know that's support and you want him to make the money. But you gotta be real with you something, because the clothes gotta be trash because.
Speaker 2: You are still footing the bill for a lot of things.
Speaker 4: You're taking care of him, so obviously somebody ain't buying the stuff off Jody.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. He's not able to.
Speaker 3: Not to do it.
Speaker 16: But y'all just stop.
Speaker 6: Get a nine to five.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, that's the thing everybody see.
Speaker 4: Social media makes it look easy for people to start their own businesses and things like that, but that that comes with the mindset. You need to have a mindset of a sale. First of all, you know how to be patient enough to take ls. You need to know how to run a business.
Speaker 3: You need to know. You know what I'm saying, you got.
Speaker 2: It's just certain things that.
Speaker 3: People financially before you started.
Speaker 4: Busing exactly exactly, because you need money to make money, especially when you have your own business. So he needs a damn job like he needs to work for somebody else before he can work for himself, right, yeah.
Speaker 13: So.
Speaker 9: Answer the question.
Speaker 1: You know it already sounds like you're tired, babes, So go ahead and throwing that tail, you know what I mean, and take a break from the relationship it ain't and like it ain't like a you know, a forever breakup, you know, because you love him.
Speaker 2: I feel like you love him.
Speaker 4: You're just tired and you're drained, and y'all not married, so you don't need to be there. You don't have any kids together, right, No, all.
Speaker 16: Right, let's take a break.
Speaker 9: That's to you where you need to be here and where I need.
Speaker 1: To be here, Yeah, because we both to do right now. Yes, I'm not financially obligated to you.
Speaker 4: You're not married, Like I don't have to take care of you while you make it well, you know, while you get yourself together. If he wanted to go from ghost to James sat Patrick, he got to do it like a certain way, and that is not involving your money, because you need your money for your stuff, for your life. So take, yeah, take a break, let him figure itself out, and then y'all can reconvene when he get it together.
Speaker 16: All right, thank you, So don't belie my name now because maybe he can hear it.
Speaker 2: No, we wasn't bleeding it out anyway.
Speaker 3: I love you. That was just fix my mess.
Speaker 1: Make sure you listen to the Carefully Reckless podcast on The Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast network. If you need more help getting your mess fixed, because just be fixing mess every Wednesday on her podcast.
Speaker 2: In the mornings. Look at him, he was about to not even know.
Speaker 3: But yes, Wenesday.
Speaker 4: Mornings, I fixed the mess on the eye Hard app under the Black Effect podcast, right, and then also on Thursday's Live if you call in, I can fix your mess on Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club, that's right, So more just fix my mess when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: That's about me.
Speaker 2: For relationship problems, that's about me. If you need to beat your coworker's ass at about me.
Speaker 3: If your coworker need to beat.
Speaker 4: Your ass, call it up than you got to, Jess, and I'm here to fix your mess.
Speaker 3: Fix your mess.
Speaker 2: It's giving very much messy. Let me fix that.
Speaker 1: You asked me to walk more Dangerous Morning show to Breakfast Club Charlamagne to God jefs hilarious. DJ NBIA's out, but Laura Lerosas and we are here doing just fix my mess on this fine Thursday.
Speaker 3: Jess, good morning.
Speaker 2: What's your question?
Speaker 14: Was wrong? Yes?
Speaker 9: I would like to ask how to keep negativity people out your life and just keep your peace?
Speaker 2: Just it's simple, you know.
Speaker 4: Well I can't say it because it's easier said than done, but I keep negative people out of my life just.
Speaker 2: Not answering the phone. I don't go around people.
Speaker 4: You gotta surround yourself with, you know, positive vibes. I'm assuming because I'm positive for the most part. Ain't nothing wrong with a little negativity every now and then because everything can't be all peaches and sunshine and everything like that, and that builds character.
Speaker 2: Negativity kind of builds character a little bit.
Speaker 4: But yeah, just don't answer the phone. Just don't talk to people.
Speaker 2: Is it your friends, your friends, your family?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 8: Who is it?
Speaker 6: Friends?
Speaker 9: And family? People that I thought that was really close to, that I trust that have been around for a long time, and they just did some disrespectful things to me over the weekend.
Speaker 3: So I don't know how to make it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So that's what happened.
Speaker 4: All right, okay, so now we're being more specific. That was real broad how you just came out like that. All right, cool, but yeah, you you set that boundary, like, nah, I'm not allowing this in my life. This is not that you have to really really know what you won't take, because if you tolerate something, people are only going to keep doing, you know, displaying the same behavior. Like you have to you have to let people know you're serious about it. You don't got to talk to them people, friends, family, whatever, I don't care if they.
Speaker 2: All your blood.
Speaker 4: A lot of times, nah, a lot of times you gotta separate yourself and isolate yourself from family and friends as well so they understand on all right, Yeah, I may have done something that she didn't like or I made.
Speaker 2: Her feel uncomfortable in some type of way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, separates yourself, don't askwer the phone, don't go around these people. They they're not deserving of your time and certainly that they're not worth you draining your energy for them, like no.
Speaker 9: True, that's it.
Speaker 4: And then if they want to know, why tell them, tell them you're disrespectful.
Speaker 9: You hurt me.
Speaker 2: I don't like that. That's not in my ministry, So boom by, that's it, Thank you so much, No problem.
Speaker 1: That was just fix my mess. Make sure you listen every Thursday Live. Okay, if you want to get your mess fixed, you call in and just will fix your mess. And every Wednesday on the Carefully Reckless podcast, she does the same thing. Now it's time for the Latest with Lauren. Lauren, what you got coming up there is?
Speaker 2: Did y'all know that Kim kardash She remember the people that robed TRN Paris. Yes, they like over sixty and.
Speaker 6: One of them was like death.
Speaker 3: Oh my, they didn't know what they was doing.
Speaker 6: We're gonna talk about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, It's the Breakfast Love the Breakfast Club. Hey, it's the World was Dangerous Morning Breakfast Club to go jazz Larious. Lauren is in got a lot going on up here this morning. It's time for the Latest with Lauren.
Speaker 5: Lauren be coming with straight fast.
Speaker 3: She gets him somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 2: I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the Latest on the.
Speaker 5: Latest with Lauren la Rossa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 5: It's the latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: So Kim Kardat she and one of the Paris robbers is a deaf man who is actually being accused as the ring leader in that robbery where she was tired up in Paris and it took all of her jewelry.
Speaker 2: They actually acute, I mean they.
Speaker 7: Targeted her for ten million dollars in jewelry at the time, and it was a whole big thing. So this man is a sixty year old man. He is known as Old He's known as old Omar, and he what it's a part of a whole like old gang of people.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: So he's known as old Omar, and he was asked a bunch of questions in court via handwritten notes because he is death in mute and he.
Speaker 3: Going around robbing people. That's the worst person to get robbed by.
Speaker 1: I'm following all your directions and you're still waving the gun to me, threatening me even more. He's pistol with me because you can't hear me saying I comply said.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 2: He's a part of a big gang called the Grandpa Robbers.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: Now, he had to read questions from a typed transcript and His responses were projected on screen in the courtroom, where he denied that he was the leader of the gang. Now, Omar did admit that he was a part of the gang that broke into Kim Kardashian's hotel room during Paris Fashion Week back in twenty sixteen, but he says, I was not the leader of this group. The Grandpa robbers got another person to head and it is not me, But he did confess to Tying came up and then she was Then she was held at gunpoint and bound with plastic ties and duct tape and left in the bathroom as they took the ten million dollars worth of jewelry, which they dropped something on the way out as they were on the getting away on them bikes.
Speaker 2: Well the way they what did they drop?
Speaker 7: No, they dropped the piece of the jewelry. I can find exactly what jewelry was. And Omar's DNA was actually found on the plastic ties. Uh in video and phone data placed him at the scene.
Speaker 1: There's got to be a letter somewhere asking Omar to participate in his robbery because he can't hear, so somebody had to write, Hey, we're going to Rob Kim k to night you down, check yes, check.
Speaker 7: No, like what, Well, they actually dropped one of the twenty four thousand out a necklace on the way out, like whyever trying to get away?
Speaker 2: But yeah, when I saw that headline, I was like, wait what he had to make sure it was real and it wasn't yet. I used a joke and he tied her up. Yes, I don't know, and it's like that.
Speaker 4: And it also says a lot about Kim Kim need to getting some fighting classes or something because I'm.
Speaker 5: Beating the deaf nits aask over sixty.
Speaker 2: His named old Omar.
Speaker 3: I mean he still got the old man scriffon just because he can't hit on me and he can't fight. And he had a gun. Yeah, got that point.
Speaker 10: Yeah she was.
Speaker 7: She was at a gunpoint. And they're supposed to be like notorious Roberts, so they do this. One of them passed away actually before the trial started. Well, I mean, you know, if I know I'm going to brother for the rest of my life, I want to And are.
Speaker 2: They doing this because they are old and they're on their way out. I don't know their intention?
Speaker 7: And you know what I mean, if they feel like this is the purpose in life or if it's just because they own narrow.
Speaker 1: Kind of death.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to get to this before we have to wrap.
Speaker 3: So Nick Cannon.
Speaker 2: Today an episode aired of Ray.
Speaker 3: If it got to do with the music I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Nick Cannon was on Tea Time with Raven and Miranda.
Speaker 3: Which is uh, Bottle Washing Canyon, the Bottle Washington Canyon.
Speaker 7: She found out who Brottle is and just won't leave him alone because all right. So Nick Cannon was on Raven Simon's podcast right with her and her wife Miranda, and he act revealed that he has a ten million dollar policy on his testicles.
Speaker 3: He says, I'm going deaf.
Speaker 7: The Father twelve said that he took out a pricing insurance policy on his testicles back in twenty twenty four, and he he we have just take a listen.
Speaker 2: So you took out a ten million dollar insurance policy on your well.
Speaker 3: See that's the thing.
Speaker 22: I personally, someone else took the insurance policy out on them. Funny enough, I mean it started off like, yo, this would be a good joke, but we really went through with it.
Speaker 3: Doctor Squatch who was like they're known for like you know, manscaping and all that stuff.
Speaker 22: They were like, yo, a lot of celebrity women are ensuring their legs in case something goes wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were like, well, what's your most valuable asset? My box?
Speaker 22: And you know, I got the insurance policy in my office. It's like it's it's legit.
Speaker 6: Yep, each ball it's five million.
Speaker 4: The ball clowned them, all right, So look anyway, going back to old ass Omar, look right, my thing is if is this listen, is it still considered like snitching if he can't tell, because like what if he want to tell on niggas but he can't because he can't talk.
Speaker 3: He just doing this.
Speaker 2: He wanted to tell where you can see. I'm trying to tell y'all what was going on.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to tell y'all.
Speaker 1: Right, and it's a plane take off, yo.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to know.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, because I don't got time for Nick's testical.
Speaker 3: And like I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: I went death during that whole story. We got the People's Mixed. Thank you Lauren for the latest. We got the People's Choice Mixed coming up next. NB hasn't been here all morning, but you gonna hear him talking for the next twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: So stupid. It's the World's most Dangerous morning show, the Breafast Club.
Speaker 5: You're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's the world the most dangerous morning to show, the Breafast Club. Charlamagnea god, just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Envy was off today. He was doing some book trapping. You know, his new book, Real Life, Real Family is out with his wife, Gia Casey.
Speaker 3: So he's running around. I don't know if he's still in Atlanta or not. He's still in.
Speaker 2: Atlanta, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know he's running around doing some book trapping. But Laura la Ross has been here all morning. Where you at this weekend, Jess.
Speaker 4: I'm not anywhere this weekend. But next weekend I'm in Detroit for the Mother's Day Show. I got three shows in one day next Saturday, that is May tenth. Get your tickets at just Sollarri's official dot com. The tickets are almost sold out. We got an eleven a m Brunch or early evening show at seven and then a nine to thirty show, and I will be doing meet and greet after the late night show at nine thirty. So make sure you get your tickets Detroit. What up though, O can't wait to see.
Speaker 7: Y'all on seventeenth, Atlantic City, right, and yeah, because I'm getting my mom coming from Mother's Day.
Speaker 6: But it's a weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh you bringing mama?
Speaker 7: She's been talking about she thought she missed it. Remember, Yeah, you've been talking about when to go to Jessic show someone.
Speaker 3: I know your mama had a couple of booths out in Atlantic City, bag.
Speaker 2: And Marandma had boos here in New York.
Speaker 3: Daddy or granddaddy, Oh, big bottle, it was another.
Speaker 4: She was more of a big o guf May seventh safe. I will be out in Atlantic City, New Jersey. So get your tickets for that, y'all.
Speaker 3: You gotta salute the beautiful Carry Washington for pulling up. Yes, yes, she got a new movie.
Speaker 2: Coming out right, Yes, Shadow Force.
Speaker 3: Yes it'll be made knife Mother's Day weekend. I love Yes.
Speaker 4: I love that her and Viola Davis are both starring in an action film at the same time. It kind of gives you the feel of like the How To get Away with Murder and Scandal like Universe or something like that. Yeah, so I really really love it. Love seeing black women whom we ain't really ever see doing action before doing action and.
Speaker 7: It was they're good too, Like it's not like where you can tell us it's stunt double or like yeah, it's actually good the shot.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's so interesting about Shonda Rhimes and Biola Davis. They both had hit shows on network television. But a lot of times when you talk to a lot of you know, black people, especially black women, when they've had those hit shows on network TV, they don't go on to have like huge success in you anywhere. A lot of a lot of times, like especially when you talk to a lot of them from the nineties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had.
Speaker 1: Those big roles, but you didn't really see them do anything much after that, Like they didn't even get offered anything. So the fact that you know, uh, Carrie and Viola still get a lot of work is a testament to them.
Speaker 3: But also you know, just I don't know, have time changed, Like what happened?
Speaker 2: Have time changed? You were here then and you don't he has been here.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 2: Are still here.
Speaker 1: We don't know, man, it's so stupid. What is the positive old people have time change that? But it's not that I'm asking y'all. I'm just asking.
Speaker 2: Myself person when you accept time.
Speaker 3: Changed that, but you tell us you was here, nigga, the old time, Oh the positive. Notice simply this, authenticity and integrity always win.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: People either accept you or they don't. You keep people in your life who align with the truth for your being or they don't. Nothing is lost when you remain honest.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Authenticity filters your life for you. You keep the ones who are aligned and release the ones who aren't.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, breakfast, club, bitchess you don't finish for y'all.
Speaker 5: Done,