Speaker 1: Get your hands together, and we're gonna stop to party.
Speaker 2: I'm reading a party, the Elvis Duran after party.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, we're here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wait where is he?
Speaker 3: You know where? Where? Here is wherever?
Speaker 5: Andy?
Speaker 4: Iskay?
Speaker 3: How are you guys? How are you so good? Don't you love it when Andrew comes in.
Speaker 6: Your Scotty when?
Speaker 5: I love it? Love seeing him more than usual?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 2: Same?
Speaker 3: Scott will take that as a positive?
Speaker 5: Yeah it is. Can you do your Scottie be impression?
Speaker 3: Oh god, how are you today? Go to Banana vis? I don't know if I could. You're Scottie Scotty being a devoted father impression? My kids will always come first. The dedication I have to get in Cooper's apple sauce.
Speaker 4: No bounds.
Speaker 5: You'll see, you'll see, you'll see. Good flattery is serious.
Speaker 6: Warm imitation imitation.
Speaker 3: I think he got that wrong, but you know what I mean, it's pretty.
Speaker 7: Sure, it's pretty good. Andrew has really good impressions of a lot of people. I don't think he'll do a lot of them, but he's pretty good.
Speaker 5: His accents spot on.
Speaker 3: You know what I've been obsessed with lately, Like it is a vocal tick for me a Delko accent like PA, like the Delco area. I don't know why I fell on that side of TikTok or Instagram. I should say I don't have a TikTok and I am obsessed with PA accents.
Speaker 7: It's like mother knows Death. That's the one you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Like Delko like they got water ice water, like they you gotta get some water ice down by Delco, a Wawa, stuff like that. I just love that accent and I can't I can't stop.
Speaker 5: You are quite accentless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe that's why.
Speaker 6: He can pick them up so quickly, because your Australian is spot on.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, mate, I really appreciate that. Eh. So what do you have for today? I have and the most interesting questions this one. What's something you thought was a scam until it worked for you? And I will tell you something. As someone that buys a lot of gadgets, Gandhi can attest this.
Speaker 7: He buys every gadget ever you need to start a page.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, personal in confidence anyway, I think a UV toothbrush cleaner is essential for your household. I didn't believe it, but I think everybody should get it. It is perfect. There is no charticles on your toothbrush. Can you tell because it's it's in the case and it has the blue light UV and it's closed.
Speaker 4: Are still not on there?
Speaker 3: It's closed, It can't the poopicles can't go in. I don't believe you look it up.
Speaker 8: Don't you remember during COVID all the phone cleaners, you'd put it in the thing.
Speaker 5: It didn't do anything.
Speaker 3: But this stays in the cleaner. It doesn't matter, and the blue UV light cleans it.
Speaker 4: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: Just look it. I don't need to prove it. You can just go to the page.
Speaker 2: Don't They have the same thing for phones, like the view the blue UV light. You put your phone and the thing goes shoot shoot, it comes back out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then you're picking up your phone. I'm saying, you have your toothbrush. When you're done with it, you put it in the little container and you close it the UV light thing, and it stays in there.
Speaker 2: So you're saying if we looked at your mouth and the rest of our mouths, we'd have more puopicles than you do.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that you probably have a very shardy mouth. Yes, yeah, so that's mine. I think everybody should get a UV toothbrush cleaner. The carrying case is great and it's small and it's portable and it cleans your toothbrush, and I think that's necessary store I need to make. I need you to help me set up in Amazon storefront County because no problem. I would like some of these resituations scam people.
Speaker 7: Nope, can I go next, Yes, that's mine. I would have said an Amazon storefront was a scam until I started posting online and then people started buying stuff, and then I got money for it. I was like, awesome, this works out well. Obviously all the money goes right back into Amazon.
Speaker 4: It's still kind.
Speaker 7: Of scamming they want, but it's super easy because then I don't have to go tell people every single time I buy something, because I do buy a lot. Unfortunately I'm ashamed of it, but I buy a lot of my stuff from Amazon. And I always thought that was just the like weird way that influencers tried to act like influencers, but it actually works.
Speaker 8: By the way, they must lose so much money, Like I just for me this last week because my daughter's now went to photography or whatever, so she got a bunch of photography type stuff and opened three or four of the very expensive things tried to set up. It's like, I don't need this, and I just repackaged and returned it, and they gave me full refunds. They can't resell that as new.
Speaker 7: I bet they'll try. I mean, how again prove it?
Speaker 6: How do you know?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I feel like they just put them in.
Speaker 8: I put I feel like they put all these because I brought it back to a staple store and the guy was just loading all these re returns into this big box. Isn't that one of those boxes they just sell to those palette stores? Probably so they so it was a three hundred.
Speaker 5: Dollars item they're gonna wind up selling for like ten bucks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but the item itself probably costs two bucks, and then you're paying three hundred four. I based on what I gather about Jeff Bezos and Amazon, I don't think they lose a ton of money.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you because they're also giving the product to Amazon. So you already have your cut. As you know, someone who has a business on Amazon, Go look up brew Pants. Brew Pants. Yes, we the cut that we have with Amazon. We almost have to sell it for more because of the giant cut that Amazon takes. So the return and everything else is like, like, I get all the returns. I have so many baby bottles in my house.
Speaker 5: Remember when I used to get all of them in my garage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well now they come to my small, little one bedroom apartment.
Speaker 4: But I don't understand something.
Speaker 2: So I bought something the other day and it was like a curling iron thing, right, it was expensive. It was like thirty five dollars. And then I decided, you know what, I really don't want it. I was like, I have something else I don't need it. Didn't even open the box put in for the return. They said to me, we're going to refund you the thirty five dollars keep the product.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, how is that good for them?
Speaker 7: I think it's a cheap product and it costs more to ship it back. And really I've also found, yeah, I've had that.
Speaker 8: I've also found lately when you want a return stuff, they'll say, well, you know what, the item was one hundred bucks, we'll give you back twenty and you could still keep it.
Speaker 4: Oh they do that in Timu and all those overseas.
Speaker 3: Because that's where all the products are coming from. It's all Ali Baba and Tamu stuff that they're just selling at a markup that's insane.
Speaker 6: And I guarantee you fifty to fifty. There's a fifty percent chance if you order something large, like a piece of furniture or a rug, if you say you don't like it, they'll.
Speaker 5: Just say to keep it.
Speaker 6: Because I had a rug delivered and I got it and it just you know how you try and buy something online and it doesn't look exactly how you So I'm like, I just really don't like this, Like I'll they said, keep it, Like are you kidding?
Speaker 5: I have a rug now that I don't like?
Speaker 7: But also, what are you gonna do with that big ass rock?
Speaker 5: But do they resell used items as you ever?
Speaker 6: I know this total because Andrew wanted not pointing you out for negative reasons. But you told me to get these, like the saddles for your ears. Yeah, well I purchased a pair.
Speaker 2: My cousin worked for my cousin. My nephew, Vincent worked for Amazon for years in the returns department, and he has stories of stuff that would come.
Speaker 4: That they'd have to take.
Speaker 2: He was like it is discussing stuff and people people are really shisty, like they will get the expensive whatever and then they will go and not not that word, get an expensive bag and then they will switch it out for a cheap version of put it in the box, and most of them they get away with it.
Speaker 4: It's crazy that it's nuts what they do.
Speaker 6: There's so much fraud and theft that just gets written off. That's oh not even fun.
Speaker 7: With every company, not just Amazon, but yeah, all of them. But I still think Jeff Bezos is doing okay.
Speaker 4: I think that it is okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pay for his wife's face.
Speaker 3: Andrew so anything else that was a scam.
Speaker 4: You guys don't have any I thought was.
Speaker 3: A scam until it worked for you.
Speaker 5: Tap to pay for the longest time.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I don't want that shit on my phone, Like, I don't want that access so readily available.
Speaker 7: Now, I'm like, this is so crazy walking out of the house with nothing but your house key.
Speaker 5: Seriously, that's it.
Speaker 6: I don't have to leave, you know, as soon as they figure out a way to get your driver's license on here, I.
Speaker 5: Have my driver's license on my phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah you already can yeah yeah, yeah, no way there's an app.
Speaker 5: There's a New York State app that you could just it's a mobile license.
Speaker 3: Just go to your wallet. I'll show you after.
Speaker 1: I got to do that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. New Jersey isn't until twenty twenty nine, so we have some times.
Speaker 1: Okay, we do, all right. I glad you looked into it for me. It's those unclaimed money sites where they say that that that the government has all this money and or money is floating around you searched by your social Security number. I thought it was a scam to plug in your social Security number because I did it, and then fourteen dollars, you've got it. So each state, each state, you have to go state by state. You could type your name your social security in and you could go to that state's website.
Speaker 3: It was in.
Speaker 1: It was New York State. Apparently I had made some money here when I work in the K and I live when I lived the y. You know, it's the New York State dot gov and watch and then New Jersey dot gov.
Speaker 5: Check any state and then you gotta plug your name flame you gotta search unclaimed funds. I want to claim funds.
Speaker 1: Every site has it, every state has it, and it said it matched my name and address. All I had to prove that it was me, and I'm like, oh my god, this is my name and my old address in there. And sure enough I got in touch with them. They sent me a check for fourteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Like how you were so shocked at the government.
Speaker 8: Just be careful though, because most of the time you don't have to put your social and you can just search by name.
Speaker 1: So okay some of them, Yeah no, but website you may have unclaimed funds or money that went to an ABYSS that you never got on paid on whatever.
Speaker 6: You were so shocked that this government that knows exactly where you live and how much money you make.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, no, no said fourteen dollars. I'm like, holy shit, I need this money.
Speaker 7: Do I feel like there was fine print that said for fourteen hundred dollars, we're selling your name and social Security number Scary Jones in China.
Speaker 6: Okay, So that's my because I have like four hundred dollars waiting for me in California. I'm like, yeah, if I take this, they're gonna know I exist, and they're probably gonna hit me over.
Speaker 5: The head with something.
Speaker 3: So it's still just sitting there and see I'm still skeptical.
Speaker 5: So you found money. I found It's in city. It's waiting for me in California. But oh well, I touched that. You know, I don't know if I really want to get into that.
Speaker 1: Guys, Unclaimed funds, do it today. Trust me, One of two or three of you in this room have money sitting waiting for you in another state.
Speaker 3: The next episode is going to be what did you get scammed by? I'm scary the government in general? Yes, did you have one?
Speaker 4: Danielle nod.
Speaker 3: You just why not?
Speaker 7: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Andy?
Speaker 4: The Elster Ran after party