Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbo call that for me.
Speaker 2: I'm a man, I'm forty.
Speaker 1: I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy.
Speaker 2: You want to be happy for Dake Edith State. Is that woo woom? And Dan and Tie.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to these solid verbal boys and girls. My name is Ty Hildebrand. Joining me over there on the far side of the us of A. Your friend, our friend Dan Rubenstein has got a little bit of a vocal issue going a little bit of Baker Mayfield going on in that larynx.
Speaker 1: Dan, how you doing? You know when you spit so much fire?
Speaker 2: Tie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you when you are the dragon of wrong, college football takes it takes a toll on one's voice box on the chords. And you know, I've been pumping tea and lozenges and NonStop correct football information into my brain and my body, and I managed I was actually unsure this morning. Yeah, And I apologie to everybody who is now disappointed that they didn't get Andy Staples or Bill Hancock or whoever is on your speed dial to replace I was.
Speaker 3: Going to say, possible back up better than the starter Saturday.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I mean without a doubt, but I am able. I am here. I have lots of college football opinions. And that's good because one you're probably on a plane or train or automobile or trying to drown out your in laws while listening to us and so authentically Rivalry Week when let's assume wherever you are, all of the records are thrown out.
Speaker 3: Yes, well you got to throw them out. Here's a sound, got to throw those records out right out of the choot. Here we throw the records out.
Speaker 1: There's so much action there, there are so many emotions going into Rivalry Week that I wouldn't dare do anything but try my absolute best to show up, because that's what ninety percent of things. The other ten percent is just me being wrong. And I'm happy to do it with you, buddy.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to be here with you as well. Happy thanks thanks Giving to each and all listening to the show. If you're in the States or abroad, who knows, We appreciate very much you making us part of your holiday. So, as you know by now, this show has been released a little bit early, and we do that every Thanksgiving, every Rivalry Week because there are games on Thursday, there are games on Friday, there are games on Saturday. If we put the show out Thursday morning, I don't know how many people are going to be listening on Thanksgiving. We want to give you a chance, ample opportunity to listen to the show while you're in transit on the way to Grandma's house. What have you? So, thank you again, as we say each and every show, for making us part of your day, part of your week, part of your college football season. If you haven't yet subscribed, you can do so. Doesn't matter what the podcasting app is. We are out there. I'm done trying to list them all off. Yeah, because there are a million. I look at the reports, there are a million. Wherever you get your show is subscribe to the Solid Verbal if you haven't already. We are also out there on social media. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, as well as a subreddit at solidverbal dot reddit dot com that is run by our good friend Peter, who's Thanksgiving spreadsheet I have acquired via a game of chance. Wow. We will be referencing to this secret, emaculate Thanksgiving spreadsheet as we go along here through the course of our I don't know next forty five minutes or so. But check out the subreddit. If you haven't already, go to our website at solidverbal dot com. If you want to check out our old stuff. Solid verbal dot com slash store is your opportunity to buy some of the cool t shirts out there. And last, but certainly not least, I'm sure I'm missing something. But if you haven't already, now is the perfect time. This week is the perfect week. During Rivalry Week, call in to the Reverbal line. It's four to eight verbal one. You can call from anywhere, or you can leave a voice memo and email to the Reverb line at gmail dot com. That's the only email address we're going to be checking for these voice memos, so the reverblind at gmail dot com. As you know by now, we cut those up. We put them together into a fun little segment we called Reverbs when we do our Rivalry Week recap show on Sunday morning. Daniel, I like.
Speaker 1: That consistently every year. If you probably listen back for a week whatever fourteen fifteen, when it is the week of these rivalry games, you consistently stumble over rivalry liek Okay.
Speaker 3: Ours are very difficult to say.
Speaker 1: They're difficult for everybody, but I love that you have not you have not changed over the years. Ty. You give the people something familiar. And now can we just as we get into the games, can we introduce the fact that we're getting into the games for all the people who listen on like one and a half speed, double speed, and start and introduce it very slow. Let's do it, Dan, let's just jump right in.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming you don't have any other news tidbits that you need to discuss, so we sho just jump right in.
Speaker 1: Tony Sanchez was let go from UNLV, Bob Davey won't be back at New Mexico, and no high profile jobs have been filled as of yet, although I have noticed that the Bob Stoops Florida State rumors are going down a conspiratory. I could not be more thrilled for the meeting of the one percent loan of the Florida State fan base, with the coaching rumor, with a high high reach of a candidate who's not coming to Tallahassee. I love that marriage and I hope it lasts forever.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we will get into that on our Tues cruise show.
Speaker 2: Yes, But for.
Speaker 3: Now, Dan, we have a loaded slate in front of us, has said it a few moments ago. This is typically the week where we've got the longest list of games to get through. And look, it's not because all of them have national significance. A lot of them have local significance. But college football is very local, and that's part of the challenge of doing this show on a national level. How do we touch all those games that matter to people. So when we get to week fourteen and we start talking rivalries, of course you throw the.
Speaker 1: Records out, right, we know that obviously, always, always, always, always, But.
Speaker 3: You don't just throw the records out for games like Michigan, Ohio State. You also throw them out for North Carolina and c State. You throw them out for Georgia Georgia Tech. We'll get into all those games, certainly as much as we can in the time that we have a lot. And with that being said, it is a difficult situation to try and name this Saturday. I suspect there are a number of different directions we could go with it. Of Course, it's a little cliche to go with the food theme, being so it is Thanksgiving, yet it does fit very well Daniel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I was just gonna, you know, sack the record Saturday. I'm just gonna lean in, sack the record, Sack the records Saturday.
Speaker 2: Tie.
Speaker 1: It's just, you know, I don't want to veer too far away. I mean, you have headliner games, you have games that will potentially affect major postseason situations. But in the end, I even take a little exception with you using the word local, because all rivalries matter like this. It's not if you like college football at all, you like the fact that there there is a weird history in the Civil War, then you know the battle for the Old Oaken Bucket and Pharmageddon and the Territorial Cup and Commonwealth Cup like this, it shouldn't just matter to people in those specific metropolitan areas. Tie.
Speaker 3: This is I agree.
Speaker 1: All It's all just wacky and wonderful and worth celebrating. So it's sacked the Record Saturday. As far as I'm.
Speaker 3: Concerned, Sacked the Records Saturday is not bad.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you do you know about slytherin? Is that a word that you're familiar with? Do a Slytherin Saturday?
Speaker 3: Slit? Wait, you're asking me if I'm familiar with Slytherin just.
Speaker 1: A little bit of a goof as my voice goes.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at our friend Peters Thanksgiving spreadsheet here. As I said, it's immaculate. I'm looking for s words. I see a smoked beats on here. Sure, I see salad. We're not going to go sellas stuffing.
Speaker 1: I mean, we really are stuffing ourselves with college football these long weekend.
Speaker 3: I thought this said smoke weed. It says smoke Wednesday. Okay, so that's a little different right now. I guess the leader in the clubhouse would be sack the record Saturday. I'm okay with that. I like that.
Speaker 1: I am going to keep you. You're not going to use stuffing.
Speaker 3: I thought about stuffing, but it's very cleiche and we're better than that. I'm going to keep looking through this spreadsheet. There are about a thousand lines in this thing, and if time permits, I'll go through it or apply some of what I find in here to our analysis. But for the time being, let's stick with sack the record Saturday.
Speaker 1: And obviously there is there are so many games beyond Saturday worth stuffing your face.
Speaker 3: With sore, and that gets us moret our next topic here. Yeah, so this is also a challenge because you've got three days worth of games. You've got a couple headliners between Ohio State and Michigan and Auburn, Alabama, even Wisconsin, Minnesota, certainly Bedroom Oklahoma, Oklahoma State. Those are the ones that really rise to the top for me. I mean, I guess it's a matter of on Saturday, when is your primary window of opportunity, because you know there are games dotted throughout Friday, and I'm sure you can find time on.
Speaker 1: Well, you've got the Thursday, Hey.
Speaker 3: You get the egg ball. I'm sure you could find time on each of those first two days, Thursday being Thanksgiving and Friday being Black Friday to kind of go out and do other stuff. There just aren't as many games. But Saturday, Saturday is chock full of pretty much everything. And if I'm looking for a window here, I think it's later. I think it's after Alabama Auburn. The Alabama Auburn game and the Ohio State Michigan game are the ones that I care the most about.
Speaker 1: Ohio State Michigan is a what big new it's a noon or Yeah, Clemson, South Carolina, Paal metos a noon. So yeah, Alabama, that's what thrit's of three point thirty. I only ask because my time zones are now completely whacked that I've been on the West coast for three days. Oh, you're trying to translate it on the fly, But I think you're right. I mean, Bedlam looks to be an eight PM or yeah, Bedlam is like seven thirty eight o'clock. I think that promises a lot of unexpected entertainment. But we have a backup quarterback in that game. We'll see. But yeah, I guess I would lean that way. But try to be back for the second half. Go on your date, go into an early movie, whatever it is, you know, deal with all of your leftovers, get out of your in law's hair. But get back for the second half of Bedlam. I think it's gonna be kind of weird.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Big Noon on Saturday. We're gonna jump around here from Saturday back to Thursday, back to Friday, back to Saturday. Just please hang with us here. Let's start time.
Speaker 1: Continuum doesn't have a chance.
Speaker 3: That's right. Let's start though, with the big New game on Fox on Saturday. It is Ohio State at Michigan. You know this game. Well, Ohio State is now down to an eight point favorite. This one started a little bit higher. Seems like there's some money coming in on Michigan. Let's ask I think the operative question here, and that is the one we started with in the preseason.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can Jim Harbaugh finally get the monkey off his back and get a win over Ohio State?
Speaker 1: He can? Yeah? I mean okay, So first off, big picture for all of these games, whether they're big or small, let's make sure we talk about like, what's on the line, What are the stakes? What is a successful performance short of winning if one exists, because I don't think successful performance sort of winning exists for Michigan in this game. Can a team put a fear of God factor in another team? That kind of thing? So, yes, Michigan can win this game. You know how I feel, And sometimes it happens to be right. I think it's better for gambling purposes than actual outright purposes. Good defense at home as a dog in a tough place to play, which Michigan Stadium can be. Shape Patterson is the clear best quarterback Ohio State will face, at least during the regular twelve game portion of their season. Yes, the current iteration of shape Patterson. I think so current iteration, Yes, current iteration of shape Patterson. We seem to be seeing the most comfortable version of him in this new offense that we've seen all year long. He looks to be peaking. The Penn State score for Ohio State I think was a little misleading because of turnovers, because Ohio State controlled that game, but turnovers exist, Hi, it'd be stupid to say that, you know, putting a big asterisk on the final score. I think Michigan can hang in this game. I think Michigan can get theirs. I think they can force Justin fields to be uncomfortable. We've seen what Penn State and Wisconsin did with a good pass rush in changing the field and making Justin fields uncomfortable between terrific scrambles and amazing third down throws. I think Michigan ultimately keeps it close, but just doesn't get there because of how strong and fundamentally sound Ohio State's defense is in defending what I think are a lot of improved playmakers for Michigan. So I have it as Buckeye's twenty seven Michigan twenty four I'm going to take the points. Wow, in a game that looks to be it has a wintry mix and it should be in the thirties, so weather should play a factor, and I think that actually favors Ohio State a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean typically on rivalry week, taking the points is not a bad stance, correct, It's not a bad stance. And look, Michigan's playing with some momentum right now. They were like a nine, nine and a half point dog when I made out my document. Now it's down to eight. So clearly it didn't surprise me a couple of days ago, doesn't surprise me now that Michigan's a bit of a trendy pick here. It would surprise me though if they won, and that's for two reasons. First off, Michigan still isn't a great running team, and I understand the offense is a little different now and it might not be predicated as much on the run, but either way, due to their lack of efficiency there, it puts more pressure on shape Patterson and like you said, he's been playing his best football over the last couple of weeks. The offense is like a thousand percent better now than it was the start of the season, and they are playing with a lot of confidence. I just can't shake the feeling that the most likely path for Michigan falls solely on defense and solely on shape Patterson, and that to me, that formula does not feel like it's enough to win. Could it be enough to cover, sure, but on his face, those two things alone do not strike me as being enough to beat Ohio State. And then secondly, I think the Ohio State running game, that that combination of Justin Fields and JK. Dobbins and some of master fatigue that can strain this Michigan defense. They've got some home run hitters in Columbus, and just that combination of Justin Field, what he can do through the air and with his legs, it makes that rushing attack very difficult to stop. You got to cover a lot. Michigan's already got a propensity to give up some big plays on the ground, and I think that aspect of this game is something that could come back to bite them here. I know I said at the start of the year that Michigan was going to win this game. I am taking that back. I also am really close to locking up Ohio State here. I think it's something like thirty one seventeen, maybe the same exact prediction I made a week ago against Penn State. But this line feels incredibly low to me for an Ohio State team that I still think, yeah, maybe one of the best we've seen. I really feel that way.
Speaker 1: So okay, So the other thoughts I would add to this is a Michigan win looks like basically hitting on some big plays and tightening up in the red zone and turning Ohio State sevens into three or three attempts. And Michigan's not great in the red zone at least over the course of the entire season. It's been a pretty inconsistent ride when pushed and having to defend their own goal line, So I'm not wild about that fact. But again, I think Michigan's defense is good enough to try and force Justin Fields into beating them downfield, which is pretty difficult, and it's something that Ohio State has not been counted on like this. Ohio State is a running team that Justin Fields is part of that, and he makes situational great place. We saw these some great touchdown throws against the better teams on their schedule, but this isn't a downfield team. How did they beat you know, largely Michigan last year those crossing routes that they were just getting the ball to speed quickly and turning eight yard catches into nineteen yard after the hetch runs, I don't think. And by the way, Don Brown and Ryan Day on the same staff at Boston College, I believe, so very familiar with each other. I think Michigan will get that short up and they're a good pressuring team. I think they're going to be ahead late, and I think Ohio State's gonna come back and win it, and we're going to see a new element of the Buckeye. So I have twenty seven to twenty four.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, that would be fun. Yeah, that'll be fun. Right, that'd be fun. I'm not rooting against it, but I say thirty one seventeen Ohio State wins and covers. Let's move on to the Iron Bowl Saturday, three thirty CBS. It is Alabama at Auburn. Alabama is a three and a half point favorite. Dan, Okay, so you want to talk about implications. There are potential playoff implications here for Alabama, because look, it's not hard to imagine Georgia losing in the SEC title and Utah losing in the Pac twelve game, sure, and Oklahoma losing another one, either to Oklahoma State or bail or. I know it's three things that might need to happen, but gosh, it seems like they've already got the inside track potentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's why this one is very meaningful for Auburn. We know it's a rivalry game. We know there have been antics in this game in the past. This is somewhat difficult to handicap with Mac Jones now the Alabama starting quarterback two what goes down for the season, But at the same time, it feels easy to me. It feels like an easy pick for me.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, make it.
Speaker 3: I think it's easy. I think Auburn loads up the box. I think they forced Mac Jones to beat him through the air, and I don't think he's going to carve him up. But Bama goes four or five deep at wide out. These guys are amazing after the catch, They're gonna find a way to get open. Sooner or later, they're gonna connect for big play. Dan. I am actually more worried about Bonnicks BONICKX. Yeah, true freshman bo Nicks against a really good Alabama defense. He doesn't have the supporting cast as Mac Jones. I think the Tigers are going to struggle to move the ball most of this game. I think it's lower scoring than it would be if Tour were in there. But I am on board with Alabama here. I think they win it twenty four to seventeen. I think you get a discount with three and a half points because Tua is not in the game. And I know it's at Auburn, but let's lock this baby up long the week. How many times, Dan, are you going to get to pick Alabama minus three and a half against anybody?
Speaker 1: It's not I mean, it's not a bad call, but this is a backup quarterback who has not been tested and now going up against if it's not the best defensive front of the SEC. You know it's in that top group and top group in the country. So that's it's going to be different for him from what he's seen. What he played against Arkansas, and he played against back half or he played last week obviously was that Western Carolina. Yep, all right, So in their last three games and last three big games, Auburn has scored thirteen points, yes, twenty points, fourteen points. Now, two of those are on the road at Florida, Alico. This game is at home. It's a huge game at home, so that there's going to be even more juice running through the veins of the Auburn offensive coaching staff and the Auburn offense. A lot of gravy, gravy, A lot of gravy. Yeah, a lot of production gravy. Oh god, I'm that's a little weird.
Speaker 3: Yeap.
Speaker 1: While I'm talking about this, look up production gravy dot com and see if anything inappropriate comes up.
Speaker 3: I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I worry because you need thirty points to beat Alabama.
Speaker 2: You just do.
Speaker 1: And I don't know where that comes from. Even though Alabama's defense, arguably in spots has been worse than George Lsu and Florida. But even with Mac Jones, I think he's capable of leading this team to twenty four, twenty seven, thirty one points. And I don't know where it comes from. Ty, they haven't run the ball well, they have not thrown the ball well, and there's not much else you can do on offense. Yeah, so I think I think I'm with you. I'm not crazy about mac Jones and a huge spot like this, but I'm crazy enough to say that they're a touchdown better over the course of four quarters. So twenty eight, twenty, twenty seven, nineteen, something like that. We got to get a good nineteen or for you in a big spot. So yeah, I'm going to give those points. I'm just going to go ahead and do it.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a different question than I promise we'll move on. But this is a big game, and I have a very real question. I'm not at all doing this tongue in cheek. I'm ready if Alabama came out and said, we don't have any quarterback for this game at all.
Speaker 1: Oh, and it's just a nause wild nause.
Speaker 3: We don't know who we're playing at quarterback, but we don't have a backup, we don't have a third string. What would the point spread be? Would they still be favored even if they had no quarterback?
Speaker 1: So it would be like when Baylor lost everybody to injury and went to like that weird hybrid wing back offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always come back to like the old deadist north cut maneuver when he was in the Cleveland Browns they had no quarterback, but if they had to go full on North cut here, full on Lynn Bowden Junior for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, Lynn Bowden, is we have a prime example?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What would the points rippy Auburn three and a half? Really you think that much?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it would swing it if there was nobody that we could fully count on to throw the ball on third and seven. Yeah, and I think I think it would swing maybe maybe seven eight points.
Speaker 3: Damn, just curious. I got twenty four to seventeen. I think we agree. I like it a lot more than you do. Moving on, Yeah, let's talk about Paul Bunyan's acts. I'm ready to Saturday three thirty ABC. It's Wisconsin at Minnesota. Wisconsin a three point road favorite. A lot of road favorites here, which is a little bit menacing if I'm being honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: At the core of this matchup is the fundamental question I think we've been grappling with all year, and that is how much do you believe in Minnesota? How much do you believe in the Golden Gophers? For me, I didn't think much of them for a good chunk of the season, and I was trying to think back why. It's mostly because I was looking at box scores and highlights and not actually watching enough Minnesota play. But then you watch them play and it doesn't feel like a fluke at all. Tanner Morgan, his receivers, they're really good. We've already talked nausea about how this is an efficient football team, and I think that's the baggage that I had before I watched Minnesota. But now that I've seen them play a couple games, start to finish, I have a much different impression about what they.
Speaker 1: Can do against a really good team. Michael, Wisconsin, Okay, what can they do? I you're hesitating after all of that, after that pre am, well, I'm trying to figure out where I want to start. Okay.
Speaker 3: It's it's a unique matchup because the defense is so good for Wisconsin, and I think though, that combination of Tanner Morgan with Tyler Johnson and Rashad Bateman is very difficult for anyone to defend, so at a minimum, they can find ways to get those guys involved. They're not the most efficient running team, but certainly through the air they can make some Hay. That's what they've been doing against the better teams on their schedule so far, so that at a minimum is something that they can do. They also have proven to be very, very reliable when it comes to handling the football. I don't shoot themselves in a foot a whole lot, right, So I think those two things in and of themselves are enough of a recipe to keep this one close.
Speaker 1: So it's a revenge spot for Wisconsin after you know, the super beat up last year. But Minnesota did a terrific job finishing out the season strong after making a change the defensive coordinator. Wisconsin's defense has actually been very good against the Pas. It's a nice matchup for them as they go. It's another wintry mix game, by the way, in the thirties there in Minneapolis. Yeah, so I don't know how that affects things for you, because Minnesota is certainly better through the air than they are on the ground. Is as talented as those running backs are for the Gophers. But yes, they really do make their hay as you said, through the air. And I don't know if it's a tougher ball to grip. I don't know if it's just an easier experience or an easy experience for them and Wisconsin. We know what Wisconsin's going to try to do. They're not, you know, trying to fake you out too much. But I like the way that the receivers have evolved over the course of the season. So actually in this place, in this you know, Minnesota as a dog, what did you said, three points by a field goal? I got three my heart with you know, a pretty good defense, not a great defense, but a pretty good Minnesota defense and a huge, huge emotional spot to put a cap on a terrific season for the Gophers and make their way because the winner goes to the Big Ten championship game. My heart says Gophers, my head says Wisconsin, just because they're a different team. But Ty, I'm a romantic. Yeah, I'm going with my heart. I'm going with that defense to get enough stops, excuse me, get some some weird Jack Cone possessions. So I have this a one point game coming down to the end, Minnesota kicks a field goal to win it in that wintry mix twenty eight twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Wow, that would be dramatic. Dan. Yeah, and I think you're right. I think you're right because.
Speaker 1: And you can run on Wisconsin a little. We saw kam Raska did a couple of weeks ago, surprisingly, so you can push them around that the defense around up front.
Speaker 3: You can't and I don't mean to imply that Minnesota can't run right, just not getting a lot of bang for the bucks, so to speak. When they I think that's hand the ball off. Efficiency wise, they're not the most efficient, but they do have backs the fine. You know, we've talked about hot rod Rodney Smith before. I love the guy, So we'll see what they can do on that front. What I was going to say is I think you're right in that people are going to talk about Jonathan Taylor tailback. You're going to look at this matchup and they're going to say, well, that's that's the formula a special if the weather's bad. Ultimately, this comes down to how well Wisconson counts stopped the pass?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and well, Minnesota does a pretty good job on the ground, I mean defending the run.
Speaker 3: They do a good job defending the run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, granticle they wrap up.
Speaker 3: But if wisconsequent stopped the pass, I think that's the formula for them. Because Minnesota is good on the ground, but not good enough to mount a full on charge on the ground they need it as a complimentary.
Speaker 1: Piece, and that you need those bigger plays. Nebraska was able to generate those bigger plays, yes, and keep themselves in the game. That's not who Minnesota has been this year.
Speaker 3: I think this is tight the whole way. I am taking those three points at home and get this one, Dan, I like Minnesota outright to the tune of twenty eight twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Is that what you have written?
Speaker 3: We did not coordinate these picks, ty.
Speaker 1: We spend far too many hours not to get into this fun place.
Speaker 3: By the end of the season, Saturday night, eight pm on Fox, it's the Bedlam Game.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: It's Oklahoma on the road at Oklahoma State. The point spread has swelled to thirteen and a half points. If you've listened to this show at all this year, you know why I'm taking Oklahoma State here because Cowboys are a top forty team. Oklahoma has had a little bit of separation anxiety when it comes to top forty teams. They can't cover that point spread. Sometimes they let teams back in the game, or they just I don't know, maybe don't have that killer instinct. I can't quite describe it, but it does seem to be something of a trend. And on top of that, Daniel, this is sort of a lousy matchup for that Oklahoma defense, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many matchups are great, right but with this defense, this one, especially because you know it's in Stillwater, Okay, But I think early stage UCLA is that's where you want, That's where the Oklahoma defense drives, thrives.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, Cuba Hubbard is going to stress the hell out of this Sooner rushy in the same way that he stresses every rush defense, but especially a team like Oklahoma, which has had some trouble this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there is there's a mitigating factor that where Oklahoma can load the box a little and forced Drew Brown. You know, Oklahoma State down now, they're starting quarterback and their best receiver as has been the case for a few weeks and with Tylan Wallace, but still a good enough Oklahoma State team to hang with an Oklahoma team that hasn't been complete or consistent enough to separate from decent teams on the road. You've talked about this, just Oklahoma against decent teams has been, the separation factor is not there. So even and I'm not a we talked about this earli in the year. I'm not a huge gambling guy, even though I think looking at games through the view the lens of the spread is a smart thing to do. Since UCLA, Oklahoma is zero for four against the spread on the road and has lost their last four games against the spread and losing six of seven against the spread, so Vegas does not have a grasp on the Sooners. The backup quarterback thing is daunting for Oklahoma State, but with Chewba Hubbard, with some time with you know, a smart enough defense, I have this as Oklahoma thirty four and the Cowboys thirty one. So I think the plugs hang around, and I think it's more just Jalen Hurts the cause of and solution to all of the Sooners problems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it might be a little higher scoring than that, but okay, I agree on the general framework here. Also, you might be wondering, well, since I like Minnesota in the previous game and they're a home dog, are they your home dog of the week. No. The reason is because Oklahoma State is also a home dog and they're getting thirteen half points the yokos home Dog of the Week.
Speaker 1: Ty, I just like to point out that one Minnesota is my home dog of the week. Okay, playing you need to play it again? I mean Rome row me dog of the Week. I don't know. That's too much of a stretch even for me. You don't need to play it again. But I would like to point out that upon my clarification of that sound, including that ketchup squirting at the end, yes, yes, the conversation is still going about what people thought that sound was. There was courses, there were the motorcycles shorting out. That was just what people think is at the end, Yako's Home Dog of the Week is a reference to Yako's hot dogs in your neck.
Speaker 2: Of the world.
Speaker 3: Nobody spells it right, by the way, when they yo cco yo cco is how you spell yacko.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's what that sound is for once and for all. But the variable speeds, I can understand if you're listening to this at double the speed I can understand, which is like, that's just a random sound and that would make sense for our show, But no, it is. It is a ketchup bottle.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also I discovered that we are. For some reason, on the Yako's Wikipedia page, someone made reference podcast on there.
Speaker 1: Would they say, like, A, you know, an incredible legendary player like Brian Bosworth should never pay for a drink again in Norman. I don't know, maybe, but we should never ever be paying for yakos anytime we stumble into one.
Speaker 3: Come on, I agree. So not only do I agree on that, we also agree on bedlam. We're going to Oklahoma State prison points here, correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just obviously Oklahoma has owned the Pokes over the years. There's not enough firepower for me to feel confident about the Pokes winning outright, But yeah, I think it's close, and it's gonna be clear skies by the way, and still water.
Speaker 3: Okay, Dan. For this week only, my bookie is offering a risk free bet on the Bears Lions game. It's Thanksgiving week. Choose a team against the spread for up to two hundred and fifty bucks. If you win, congratulations, you get some extra Holidays spending money. If you lose, congrats as well. They're gonna give you all your money back. It's a no brainer. You literally can't lose, no risk, all gravy doesn't matter whether you're an experienced player or a first time customer. In my bookie welcomes all to play, So quit waiting around. Sign up today if you want to bet but you got questions, don't sweat it. They've got a good customer support team that can't wait to walk you through the process. Best part is if you join now, you still have one last shot to take advantage of their incredible sign up offer. All you gotta do, MyBookie, dot ag make your first deposit with the promo code Solid. They will match your deposit dollar for dollar to jump start your bank roll. And that is on top of the risk free bet again guaranteed, the guaranteed deposit match risk free bet this weekend only if you're a true football fan. Don't let this pass you by again. It is my book you dot ag. Use the promo code Solid, Daniel, you play, you win, you get paid.
Speaker 1: That sounds pretty good.
Speaker 3: Moving on, we've got a bunch of games to rifle through. I hope you're ready for this, Dan, I'm ready. But before we go there, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: You just want to tell me I'm handsome? What are we doing?
Speaker 3: I am looking at the spreadsheet. Now I've had a chance to kind of decipher it. Yeah, as you've been reading through your picks. This spreadsheet is so comprehensive. So what is what is the intention of the spreadsheet? What you know? Is it a this is this is Peters Peters Thanksgiving spreadsheet. So there are tabs at the bottom that says menu grocery by dish Master. To do this is like a This is like the first fifty plays of a game scripted out. There's a guest list, there's a cooking heating plan, i e. When you start up, which I'm gonna I might have to steal this.
Speaker 1: That's temperature and real estate and time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, notes from twenty eighteen. And then we've got recipes here for an onion soup and a pumpkin fennel soup.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm all listen to me. I need soup. But on the menu soup mood.
Speaker 3: Yeah you need soup for that voice on the menu, hear column F is serving temperature, and so some are room temperature, some are warm, some are hot. I've got one here, the gravy hotter than hot, with a side note need lots of gravy. Dan Oh yeah, hotter than hot. Need lots of gravy. That is Thanksgiving Week, that is sacked the records Saturday, and that is all these rivalry games we're about to get through.
Speaker 1: They're hotter than hot.
Speaker 4: Dan.
Speaker 1: By the way, just one small step we're taking this year with the potatoes. Love a good creamy mash.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: This year it's our friends over at I don't know if they're friends, but they could be our friends. Bona Petite has a mashed potato recipe where you crumble up potato chips and mix it with like garlic and some herbs. Get crispity crunchites on top. So it's the smooth and crunch and I think it's gonna lift that plate up to a whole new stratosphere.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm down down with that.
Speaker 1: You're just visualizing right now.
Speaker 3: Egg Bowl seven Thursday. Let's gotta go through these quick, Dan.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Seven thirty Thursday. ESPN Old Miss at Misssissippi State. Mississippi State a field goal favorite at home. Who you got?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Mississippi State has lost five of six SEC games. Their defense is pretty bad. Ole Miss is a pretty decent matchup for them because it seems like it'll all be decided on the ground. Don't love either one of these teams through the air, So I'm gonna go with the home team in a rivalry spot Klanga klanga season disappointing finish is strong twenty eight to twenty four. Let's go state here.
Speaker 3: I'm going twenty eight twenty four in the other direction.
Speaker 1: Okay, big plumbley game, give me a.
Speaker 3: Little JRP action, baby, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay. I don't know if you know what that means.
Speaker 3: Commonwealth Cup Friday, high noon, ABC. It is between Virginia Tech and Virginia. Virginia Tech a three point road favorite. They got a ton of momentum. They've won six of seven now, They've had a lot of success in this rivalry, and it feels like they are building towards something, whereas Virginia has sort of stumbled out of the gates here. Virginia Tech outright minus the points.
Speaker 1: I like them, So I think we might be leaning into momentum a little bit too much because Virginia Tech is certainly of these two teams. I think the who's played Liberty last week, yes, or their last game short road week favorite terrifies me some and I really do like the Hokies. That do like how they're playing right now. But I think Virginia is sort of getting lost in the shuffle. This is a good team and the game is at home in a short week. I know it's been two thousand, two thousand and three since the Hokies have lost this game. I think this is the year. I think this is the year. Give me the Who's twenty two to seventeen?
Speaker 3: I disagree. I do think it's well scoring though, something like twenty clear weather by the team, clear weather in Charlottesville. All Right, the Heroes Trophy. Friday at two thirty Big ten Network. It is Iowa on the road at Nebraska Dan. This might be one of those games where Vegas knows something we don't because Nebraska has not been very good this year. They're not even a bowl team yet. Iowa was only a five point road favorite in this football game, so it feels lowed.
Speaker 1: Six Yeah, feels.
Speaker 3: Low to me. Typically i'd be all in on Iowa. You know the drill. When the game feels different than the point spread, you'll lean into the spread. So I'm gonna go in to Braska. You think it be like an eight to nine point spreads. Yeah, something like that. I'm gonna go Nebraska plus the points because I don't get it.
Speaker 1: So, Okay, when you look at Iowa's year, these are the games in which these are the Big ten games, the Power five games which they've scored twenty five points. Because the bigger the spread, you have to understand like they're gonna have to score to cover it. Sure, So Iowa's coming off a nineteen point performance against Illinois twenty three, Minnesota twenty two. In the lost Wisconsin twenty, Northwestern twenty six, per Due. So there's the twenty five plus pointer Penn State twelve, Michigan three, Iowa State eighteen. So it actually is good if we feel like Nebraska is at least improving a little bit on offense. They ran the ball well against Minnesota. We saw them move the ball plenty against Maryland, and I know it's Maryland whatever I meant to say, Wisconsin, not Minnesota for Nebraska, I just don't think there are points. I think Nebraska will do a good enough job limiting and I will do enough job enough of a job limiting themselves. I have it twenty to thirteen I think they cover the spread, but going eight to nine double digit points, I was won this game four years in a row, five of six for the Hero's Trophy, But I just points on the road rain forties. It's not going to be ideal temperatures for Nate Stanley to throw a touchdown pass, which is a good week for the Iowa offense. So yeah, I have to buy a touchdown so they cover by a thread. But if this were up where you were talking, I think I'd be happy to take the Huskers at home.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go to Nebraska plus the points. I don't get it. I don't trust it. I don't trust my own instincts here. Okay, So when it comes down to Friday, three point thirty ESPN, we've got Cincinnati at Memphis, Dan, this is a big matchup, Memphis an eleven point favorite at home. I really like Memphis, maybe a little too much. I've like Memphis all year, sometimes to my detriment. But let's take one more ride here at the Memphis Tigers. I like them outright, and to cover eleven at.
Speaker 1: Home, I'm with you agree. Cincinnati has a low key nightmare of an offense in a good way. And so it has sort of devolved over the course season. Just a passing game seems to be a mess too often. And even if Memphis wins, we will get a rematch. If Cincinnati beats Memphis and Navy beats Houston, then we'll have Cincinnati Navy. So they're actually pretty significant stakes in this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are.
Speaker 1: So we will get this game two weeks in a row if both of our predictions come true, in that Memphis is two touchdowns plus better in Cincinnati if the Bearcats can't score. So yeah, I have it. Thirty five to twenty Memphis.
Speaker 3: Apple Cup Friday, four pm Eastern. It's Washington State on the road at Washington. The Huskies are a seven point home favorite. Here, Dan, you know where I stand on Washington. I've not been a fan of their work at all this season. Right this one strikes me as a shootout there, and it could be because every Washington State game to a shootout these days. But I think I'm going Wazu plus the points. I don't know who wins if I'm being honest, but.
Speaker 1: Give me a team just between you and me, between you.
Speaker 3: And me, I'll go.
Speaker 1: I'll go Washington.
Speaker 3: But I think it's like a forty one to thirty eight kind of game.
Speaker 1: WHOA, Yeah, that is a shootout. Short week rivalry spot isn't great for washing for Wazoo on the road after their emotionally draining win over Oregon State that was forty eight points in the fourth quarter. Yeah, Ordinarily I love to pick against the Koogs here, but this is the Apple Cop They're trying to finally beat. Chris Peterson. I think I'm with you. I don't think it's as high scoring as you see it because I think the Washington secondary is good enough, even though the pass rush has been pretty disappointing most of the season for the Huskies. So I have it thirty three to thirty Huskies. The street continues. Maybe next year it'll be stopped the streak Saturday. If stop the streets Saturday, Iowa and Virginia Tech and Washington all win this year. Teams like that that just have won the arrivalry year over year over year. But no, I think the Huskies final way to pull it out clear and in the forties in Seattle.
Speaker 3: What I'm noticing here is a trend of us talking a lot about teams just hanging.
Speaker 1: Around, right, Yes, you have noticed that.
Speaker 3: I have noticed that, and I feel right you noticed that before the show is I did a little bit. Yeah, we have to sound, but that is so perfect?
Speaker 1: So okay, So part of it is teams hanging around, and part of it is how long do we think teams can hang around? Because we're picking some of these to say, Okay, well, you know, Washington's goin by three, or you know Minnesota's goin by one. Those aren't really hang around games because I think we see them as sort of back and forth. But in some of the following games, I want to pick your brain to see how long you can think some clear big dogs, big underdogs can hang around. What sort of hangtime is we talking about? A quarter, a half into the second court, into the second half, excuse me, into the fourth quarter? What is a realistic hangtime scenario for the following major dogs? Okay, play the sound again, just because it's one love that sound. But did you watch the show?
Speaker 3: I'm familiar with the show. I didn't watch it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Ti Anthony Anderson vehicle. Yeah, I don't know if he it's a basketball show, high school show called Hanktime. I don't know if he were if he was on the team. I know he was adjacent to the team. Really good. I'm more familiar with was the coach. I'm more familiar with hanging with mister Cooper also good, also basketball related. Sure, all right, let's go.
Speaker 3: Talk about some big point spreads here the War on I four. It is Friday night, eight pm ESPN, USF at you cf U CF is a twenty four point home favorite. Dan what you got?
Speaker 1: Uh? So the Bulls improved on defense, not so improved on offense. No, Jordan Cronkite for USF. Dylan Gabriel a lot better at home. We've seen some struggles on the road Tulsa and pit So it's it's nice that the game is in Orlando. The night's won by four touchdowns last year. I think South Florida actually covers in this game thirty four to eighteen nights.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, we're another big point spread.
Speaker 1: They can hang around for a half. By the way, that's my hangtime.
Speaker 3: I yeah, a quarter and a half, I say, oh okay, Paul Meadow Bowl. As we moved to Saturday at High New ESPN Clemson at South Carolina. Clemson's about a four touchdown favorite twenty seven and a half twenty eight points depending where you look. It is the long overdue moment of respite that will come to South Carolina the day after this game, because their schedule has been absolutely brutal. Yeah, I think we're an agreement that Clemson's gonna kill South Carolina. It's just a question of how long is Carolina going to hang around?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Carolina has lost four or five. I don't know what a successful game for them is. I guess if this is a game in the second half, that's terrific hangtime. Yeah, they scored what six points they had a bye week last week? Six points at A and M. They host Clemson ams forty five seventeen Tigers. I think they hang around for it's a cover by the way for me, for the for the non math majors.
Speaker 3: I think they hang around for a half? Wow, a half hang around for how does how does South Carolina hang around? I don't know.
Speaker 1: With the team maybe playing at the highest.
Speaker 3: Hang around for a half and hang around could be like twenty four to fourteen hang around. You're a nice guy, but I think I agree with you. Clemson wins and covers too good for this team. Okay, clean old fashioned hate. Saturday High Noon, ABC Georgia at Georgia Tech. Another twenty eight point line here, Dan, this is one where I love Georgia and I love Georgia because I'm not sure Georgia Tech scores more than seven points or gains more than one hundred yards in this game against this defense.
Speaker 1: Right, I have Georgia covering this spread. Would you say it was four touchdowns twenty eight points twenty eight yea? I have it as forty one to ten because what Georgia is or isn't abled to do on offense, I don't think is gonna ultimately matter all that much. You know, halfway through the second quarter, did you ever watch Top Chef tie? Do you watch Top Cheft?
Speaker 3: Yes? Of course.
Speaker 1: So you can make something that straightforward, but you're gonna get criticized because you haven't really taken chances. You haven't really been creative. You haven't really you know, as they say, told a story with your dish doesn't matter. Verse Tech Tech's happy Hamberger. It's your you know, DeAndre Swift should run wild against this Tech defense. You know, a nice story. As they've become a little bit feisty Plucky. I don't know what your word du jour is right now, but it's not happening against the Georgia defense.
Speaker 3: No, we agree, all right? How about the Gutness Cup? Dan, Saturday?
Speaker 1: This one news should be really fun.
Speaker 3: I know SEC Network, it's Louisville, it's Kentucky. The Cats are a three point home favorite. Who you got here? Dan? This is a very intriguing matchup. Not a lot a big point spread here, but a lot to watch for, a lot to be entertained by.
Speaker 1: Louisville's defense leaves a lot to be desired, as does their ability on the road. That run defense for Louisville can be rough, and that's where Kentucky makes their cash. So I have the Cats by seven here against a really good story in Louisville. But this is it's a tough spot.
Speaker 3: I think you know this isn't a big point spread. I think this is back and forth the whole way. Okay, So you're taking you taking your take, now taking Kentucky. I love McHale. I'm gonna go lin Bowden Jr. My first look, if you will. The Land of Lincoln Trophy on the line. Saturday high Noon, f S one Northwestern at Illinois. And get this, Illinois was once a ten point line. People saw that and said, no, let's not let's not get carried away here. Even though they're revn to seven. Let's bring that line down about eight and a half, which is where we're at right now. Are you comfortable with Illinois as an eight and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: I'm comfortable with them as ten. I think they're gonna win this game by two touchdowns. I don't know where points come from from Northwestern. Even though they're going with sort of a battering ram of an offense with their fourth string quarterback, it's still a good matchup for the Ali and I no Power Five wins for Northwestern going into the final week of their season, so the run defense is good enough for Illinois. I have at twenty eight to fourteen a lion I they rev to.
Speaker 3: Seve We agree again? Wow, exact score? Close to it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, nice, it was like a point off.
Speaker 3: But whatever, old oaken bucket Saturday High newon ESPN too. Indiana at Purdue. They're a seven point road favorite. I'm gonna go Purdue here, I'm gonna go Purdue.
Speaker 1: Explaining this to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's a tough stretch for Indiana. As you know, they played Penn State and Michigan back to back weeks, Purdue not making a bowl, so this rivalry is sort of there to facto national championship. And I like Indiana so okay, but with the points I'm taking perdue to cover, I think Indiana probably gets the win. But I like Purdue getting seven at home.
Speaker 1: Okay, have fun with that if you are actually wagering on Purdue. And I think the Boilers have some secret optimist with how much they're able to play freshmen and how much those guys contributed with all the injuries. But for this week, Indiana, even with you know they're beat up at receiver, they're beat up at running back, you know, they're not super healthy along the line, I think they're just too good. And so I'm going to I'm gonna say Hoosiers by seventeen. Wow, buckets and buckets. And coming back to Bloomington.
Speaker 3: Saturday, four pm on Fox, it's Notre Dame at Stanford. Notre Dame has ballooned up to a sixteen and a half point favorite. We haven't covered a lot of Stanford this year because it's been a rough season. So yeah, it wasn't truly until this game that I popped the hood on some of their efficiency numbers. Dan, And let me tell you, boy, howdy is that a disaster? That is a total disaster on all fronts. So from an efficiency standpoint for the Stanford Cardinal, I got Notre Dame big here, like forty two twenty. I know typically that game in Palo Alto has not been kind to the Irish, but there's just not a lot to latch onto if you're looking at this from a Stanford perspective right.
Speaker 1: Now, this is an oxygen tank game for whoever's getting the carries for Notre Dame, because they are going to be tired, not from the number of carries, but from the number of times they are running down the field uncumbered. Who is it, Tony Jones.
Speaker 3: Tony Jones who is back now? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tony Jones is probably going to need some oxygen on the sidelines because they should do enough for it. And I love betting against teams a week after what is you know, has been a year ending rivalry game, and I think Stanford is just can we just not? I think that's the mode they're in losing last second to cal So, Yeah, I think you're right. Notre Dame big here by three to four touchdowns.
Speaker 3: The Civil War. Also Saturday, four pm, PAC twelve Network, It's Oregon stayed a nineteen point Yeah, road dog at your Oregon Ducks defending Red Box Bowl champions. So we talked about the ASU game a week ago when we previewed it. We said, was it worrisome? Was a situation worries some for Oregon? And you said, yes, I don't know if either of us expected a loss, but you know I gave those points, but yeah, a loss was was I don't know, just didn't seem unexpected. Yeah, are we going to see the Oregon defense this week that we saw a couple of weeks ago against USC, or are we going to see the defense we saw against a team like I don't know, a Wazoo. We know Oregon State can throw. Yeah, so nineteen points is a that's a hefty line to cover. We know Oregon State's going to be loaded for bear who you got?
Speaker 1: Yeah. The offense for Oregon State has been really impressive. The line has come together well, the skill position is pretty complete. Jake Luton has had a nice year for the Beaves, and I think offensively they should be able to score some points. We saw the leakiness of the Oregon secondary and I don't know if that's a motivation thing. I don't know if it's I mean, I do know it's a Jada Daniels thing. I do know it's a Frank Darby and Brandon Ayuk thing. And I do know Oregon State has receivers who can make plays against anybody in the conference, but in Eugene, and still looking at what Oregon State does or doesn't have on this defense, I think Oregon gets right. I think they run all over Oregon State. And I think it's probably a backdoor cover from the Beeves. I have it at forty one twenty four, So maybe a bare back door cover that Oregon tightens up in the red zone and separates themselves slowly but surely a bit of a crock potting so Oregon gets right ahead of the pack doorf Championship game, which, by the way, Utah limb from Limb, Okay limb from Limb. Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of a backdoor cover. Yes, I think I'm with you, Dan, I'm all over Oregon State.
Speaker 1: Plus grow those records out. This Oregon State team. I mean, they beat Arizona State two weeks ago. All right, let's go to Pharmageddon. My favorite game name Yeah, Saturday, seven PMFS one. It's Iowa State on the road at K State. The Clones are a four and a half point road favorite. Dan, I, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To Iowa State here. I think K State was a little overvalued a few weeks ago after they beat Oklahoma. It's been a good first year for Chris Climbing.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 3: I think Iowa State does the Oklahoma thing where they're better than the good chunk of the teams they play, but they have a hard time putting them away. They've been in a lot of close games this year, so I think they're better here. I think they've got more firepower. I think they win, and I think they cover. I like them by about seven. I would never want to bet actual currency on this game. It just feels like it could go a thousand different directions to me. But let's go Iowa State by a thirty four to twenty seven margin.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm on a reasonably same page. I think the Clones should be able to run all over K State. I'm just I worry about the offensive k State, you know, generating enough points because Brock Purty and this offense for for Iowa State should get theirs, and I feel like the Clones will also do a good enough job keeping k State in front of them. I think it's close, But what did you say?
Speaker 3: The spread was spread? Right now is four and a half in favor of Iowa State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I have Iowa State by a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Saturday seven pm on ESPN, it's Texas A and M on the road at LSU. The line is now sixteen and a half.
Speaker 1: Can we call it the punch Bowl? After last year the punch Bowl?
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: I'd like to thank you.
Speaker 3: The punch Bowl. Saturday, seven pm ESPN. A and M sixteen and a half point road dog at LSU. Is there any look ahead factor for LSU looking ahead to the SEC title game?
Speaker 1: Are you asking if there's poop in the punch Bowl?
Speaker 3: Is there poop in the punch Bowl?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. It's also a double road game for A and M after last week's slog against Georgia, which I think it was quite impressive from the A and M defense. I don't think so you need to score a lot of points. It is a reasonable question because I do like upfront with Texas A and looks like I think they should be able to get in Joe Burrow's face. Some man, you know what, I'm gonna take the points here. Yeah, it's just weird to me. I'm with you, thirty thirty to seventeen, thirty to twenty. I'm worried about Texas AY, and I'm actually scoring points. But this LSU defense isn't an unstoppable force. It's not an immovable object. So at ten to thirteen points ultimately with as you know, maybe as little as seven, maybe it's another overtime game in the way that we've seen like Texas A and m Arkansas. No matter how good either of those teams are, it's probably going to close. It's probably going overtime. So I think that's where we are with this bitch.
Speaker 3: A and M's a good team with a brutal schedule, and the question at this juncture is how much gas do they have left in the tank. I think sixteen and a half is too much. I got LSU by fourteen. I think Clyde Edwards Hilaire is gonna have a monster game, right, But A and m's good enough to hang around. I'll play the sound, but the hell, but I think they're good enough to hang around for how long?
Speaker 4: For?
Speaker 3: How long to hang around? Well, again, I'm talking within the context of the points spread here. I don't think they're gonna win the game, but okay, could they get a back door cover? Absolutely? Absolutely so. I got LSU something like thirty eight twenty four, somewhere in that range.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, you like that score?
Speaker 3: Forty five? The thirty one forty five?
Speaker 1: It feels like too many points. This is a good A and M defense, or at least a decent A and M defense. So yeah, I'm thinking, like, yeah, thirty to twenty. I've already gave my score something in that range.
Speaker 3: Saturday, seven PMACC Network, Sam Howell and a little bit of Backer Bayfield and him in UNC on the road at NC State. They are an eight point road favorite. Dan, I'm all in on North Carolina here. NC State is having a terrible season, and the fact that North Carolinas such a big road I think is telling of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, betting against NC State, I'll look up the numbers right now as I'm also speaking, I think I like North Carolina as well. It's just a total lost year, right.
Speaker 3: It feels that way. We knew going into it that there's gonna be a lot of turnover and that, you know, it's always a concern.
Speaker 1: But NC State has lost five straight against the spread, four of which have gone over. If you're so inclined to really get granular with your wagering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna go, oh, five in a row.
Speaker 1: Huh five they've lost five against the spread in a row. I mean they've lost outright five in a row as well. It just doesn't four out of five have gone over.
Speaker 3: I know there's something of a of a superstition around going the other direction, but sure, I'm just gonna stick with my gut here and go North Carolina minus whatever.
Speaker 1: It opened at six and a half, it's up to nine, eight and a half, nine where depending on where you look. Yeah, I think North Carolina wins is by a couple of touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Saturday seven thirty Network Sunshine Showdown a game they play for the Florida Cup. It is Florida State on the road at Florida. The Gators are a seventeen point home favorite. Dan not a lot of games in this history where you can say that seventeen points a big spread. Here, who you got?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take Florida, I am. I think it's a slow burn. I think the hangtime is about three quarters, three and a half quarters, but well, yeah, into the third quarter, some more about two and a half quarters. But yeah, I think Florida's gonna be able to throw the ball enough. So man, that is a lot of points though, Yeah, three touchdowns worth so forty to seventeen.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Florida State.
Speaker 1: Good playing interim situation, playing with emotion.
Speaker 3: Interim situation, playing with emotion, Still plenty of talent. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why ye won't be led by offense.
Speaker 3: I can't actually justify this pick, but I'm going purely on heart, purely on soul and Boston College seventeen feels like too much.
Speaker 1: Bye week ahead of it.
Speaker 3: Possible backdoor cover situation here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in Florida had a bye week as well, But all.
Speaker 3: Right, we just agree. Final game here that I've got on my slate, the Territorial Cup, ten pm on Saturday on ESPN. It's not a high profile matchup, but I think we both just love the Territorial Cup, the fact that they lost the trophy for years.
Speaker 1: Arizona State should be in the playoffs, Sir.
Speaker 3: Arizona at Arizona State. ASU is a fourteen point favorite. I'm actually gonna go Arizona. I hate pretty much everything about Arizona, but this is a classic letdown spot for ASU a week after beating Oregon. So ASU wins, but Arizona covers.
Speaker 1: Arizona has lost six straight against the spread, which is great in terms of trends. I think Arizona State wins this one somewhat easily. I don't think Arizona is at all equipped to hang time with the devils. Oh I love that sound already time far great, terrific. Yeah. I think they wins this by win this by uh yeah, a couple of touchdowns, about fourteen thirty four to twenty thirty seven to twenty one.
Speaker 3: All right, Dan, there you go.
Speaker 1: I have more games real quick. Maybe Houston. I mentioned nava's nine point favorites on the road against Houston. I think I like the midship Men giving them themselves at least a chance, at least a chance to get into the title game. Uh we got a battle for the Chancellor's spurs. Texas Tech at Texas Long Horns ten point favorites. I think they win, but not by double digits. Tech has won two in a row. In Austin. We've got the Rumble in the Rockies. Colorado at Utah, Colorado coming off a win against Washington. They're twenty eight and a half point dogs against the sure thing packed twelve champions Utah uts.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of points.
Speaker 1: I still may take Utah. I still may take you altitude, but both teams no altitude, so I don't think that's an actual factor. Georgia State, thank you, Georgia State at Georgia. Southern State is one four or five, but Southern is a touchdown favorite. That's modern day hate. Also, of note, Army is at Hawaii. Tie. Now do some geography math in your That's where West Point is and where Honold is. Like, it's eleven to twelve hours flying time, plus however long it takes to get from the Hudson Valley to what I assume is JFK and then to drive to hotel on campus. That's a long long day Bowl eligibility wise. Tie. These are the teams that need to win to play in December. Essentially Michigan State, Nebraska, Army, Ohio, Kent State, Oregon State, Colorado, Miszoo, Mississippi State, Troy, and Louisiana Monroe. And right now these are your championship game outlooks for next week. So we talked about the Cincinnati Memphis Navy situation, and ACC will be Clemson against the winner of what the Commonwealth Cup Virginia Virginia Tech, YEP Oklahoma Baylor rematch is set. That'll be in Arlington, ACC's and Charlotte. By the way, Ohio State takes on Minnesota or Wisconsin in Indianapolis Conference USA. It's way out there. Fau or Marshall taking on UAB or Louisiana Tech or Southern miss So that'll get sorted out this weekend. The MAC will be Miami of Ohio VERSUS Western or Central Michigan. Hey shout out Jim mcilwaine. The Mountain West will be Hawaii, Boise State, the PAC twelve Oregon against either Utah or USC depending on what the rumble and the Rockies SEC has been set for a little bit. Georgia LSU that's in Atlanta, and the Sunbelt is app State at Louisiana. And you have down here that the FCS playoffs includes what is it, big stanky holy Cross at Monmouth.
Speaker 3: Big stanky holy Cross at Monmouth. We're not going to play this sound because it's not a lightning round. It's not a lightning round. Game. Yes, the first round of the SCS playoffs, we've got seven and five holy Cross against the Mouth. He's a different mouth, ye in the.
Speaker 1: Mon from mouthy Monmouth ten and two holy Cross seven and five. The winner takes on Jmu. Jmu with a new coach, though is on a losing streak to the pat League. They have a true, very true. They are on a losing streak, So something to pay attention to. And also our new friends at North Dakota State play the winner of North Dakota and Nichols in the FCS playoffs. We are not going to be making a return trip to Fargo at least this year. But we we missed the Fargo Dome and all that tailgating dearly. That's all I have, all right, Dan, Well, look you enjoy it one more thing though, we love one more thing. Do you want to play it as a secret Easter egg? After we say goodbye or do we just want to play right now? Let's play it right now. It's been a okay, Dan, So do you want to introduce it please?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So last year, before each of our friend Adam ameans announcing assignments, he would call in send us a voice Mamo, what have you let us know where he was going to be eating in any of these select cities. We called that the Adam Amine Voice Meal of the Week. Well, Adam's schedule has been a little bit off so far this year. He's been doing the Thursday game and it did shift.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Been flying around all over the country, no doubt, still eating at fine establishments. He just hasn't had a chance to call in. He saved up for this week, what with it being a food holiday Thanksgiving in the United States. So what we have here is a full on four minute recap of where Adam emin has eaten. This is a super twenty nineteen Voice Meal of the Week.
Speaker 1: Have listened.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, Adam Aman here.
Speaker 4: I have been absent most of the season with a crazy schedule. We've been on this awesome Thursday night run all season long. But I do feel bad. It's my fault. Do not blame Dan and Tie for the lack of voice. But I figured, since it's Thanksgiving Week, maybe the most sacred food.
Speaker 2: Day of the entire year, a day that a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Take very seriously when it comes to food.
Speaker 4: I figured, let's give you the entire Thursday Night voice meal run for twenty nineteen on this very special episode. And thanks to Dan and Ty for giving me the chance to share on this version of the solid verbal voice Meal. So we go all the way back to when we began the season in Cincinnati. Go to Soto for Italian food. It's got great atmosphere. I will never denigrate you for eating Skyline Chile also not my thing.
Speaker 2: Nata for a great brunch. There's multiple spots in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 4: Los Angeles, Sonora Town is the best date you can go on. I based this strictly off going on a date there with Dan Rubinstein one time. Amazing tacos. I also recommend, like he does, Marisco's Jalisco. But get some tacos Rabees when you're in Los Angeles, like, don't don't just limit yourself.
Speaker 2: Winston Salem, North Carolina. Go to Sweet Potatoes.
Speaker 4: You can pretty much order the entire starter menu, but don't forget the Campbel City Poutine. We went to New Orleans as well for that great Houston Tulane game.
Speaker 2: La Crate Nanu in Uptown. It's more of a classic French.
Speaker 4: Style restaurant, but it's got an incredible dinner and dessert crape menu. I recommend the crpe. It's like the Ratituoy type prepe.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 4: Memphis, we went to Gus's Fried Chicken for Matt Hasselbeck's birthday. I wanted to take my entire because they've never been there before. I would like to franchise one of those things, just out of curiosity. If anybody has any information on that, please let me know. Central Barbecue is my preference in Memphis, by the way, for barbecue, but you can't really go wrong with a lot of those famous places. I didn't go to dinner in Greenville, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: I was sick.
Speaker 4: I had the flu, but I asked one of my close friends who worked in Greenville for a long time, Sam Jones Barbecue is the best barbecue in Greenville, North Carolina. Speaking of North Carolina, we were in Raleigh. We ended up at this place called Capitol Club sixteen, which had this amazing prime burger, Like, just get the burger there, there's German food on the menu. It's got a really interesting atmosphere. Afterwards, down the street go to Bitter Sweet. It's a cocktail slash dessert bar. I got the Salty chip Wich ice cream sandwich. Highly recommended. Palo Alto, California. I know Dan chastised me for suggesting something that he always suggests in Hoby's.
Speaker 2: You get the coffee cake at Hoby's.
Speaker 4: And an incredible breakfast, but also my favorite spot in the legendary chef Choose for Chinese food. I ended up at Torches in Houston. There's a lot of great places to go.
Speaker 2: To in Houston. We had a wild week that week.
Speaker 4: I just went to Torches, ordered off the secret menu, get the trailer park Hillbilly Style. In Waco, Texas, we had that great Baylor West Virginia game. Milo All Day m Ilo All Day is the name of the place. Incredible Southern inspired food. Any of their entrees is a lock. Get the butcher block, the chicken, or the trout. You will not go wrong. Fried green tomatoes and maybe the best Brussels spots I've ever had Tampa Dat's Berry Sees stuffed meat loaf.
Speaker 2: It's meat loaf and it's stuffed with bacon.
Speaker 4: Hlopino mac and cheese, top with a ketchup glaze with mashed potatoes, peas and pearl onions. You probably don't want to go unless you just absolutely want torture yourself, but still worth it. Pittsburgh Sarah Finos for Homestyle Italian Joe took care of us. He asked us, do you want to order off the menu or if you just want us to cook for you?
Speaker 2: We said, just cook for us and it was the best Italian meal I've had in a long time.
Speaker 4: In Atlanta, Golden Eagle Diners Club, super small menu, they do all of it well and it's one of my favorite quiet atmospheres in the entire country. At any restaurant. And this week for Thanksgiving, we have the egg Bowl. In Starkville, Mississippi. Restaurant Tyler and the Veranda are two very nice places to go for Southern inspired food. But go to Strom Bullies and make sure you get the cookie dough bites cause there is no dessert better in all of Mississippi. That is your twenty nineteen Thanksgiving edition of the Solid Verbal Voice Meal.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dan and Ty stay solid.
Speaker 3: There you go. Wow, I love that words. He probably scripted that out, not what he was gonna say, but certainly he had a running.
Speaker 1: He get a wristband.
Speaker 3: He may have had a wristband.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am picturing him laying on his bed, closing his eyes, having the phone next to his face, and just doing a mental upload of every calorie he's consumed over the course of the season. That was very impressive.
Speaker 3: That was some real like neo metal spike in the back of his head type of stuff right there.
Speaker 1: That was like a Ted talk. Yeah, that was just like one of those mini Ted talks that like, this is inspiring if you really want to do damage to your gut. And Adam Amen remains a very lean person somehow despite all of the salted cookie, do meatball pasta burger. Yeah, situations that he's done very very hard.
Speaker 3: Well, we appreciate that. Thank you, sir. I know you're out there listening. We appreciate it. I missed that. I haven't talked to Adam in a while. I hope he will see him soon. We'll see him soon. And to all of you out there, I hope you enjoyed that as much as we did. At a minimum, we hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. We hope you're all safe out there on the roadways and the airways, the railways, waterways, what have you as you get to your Thanksgiving meal. It's always fun to do this show and talk so many rivalries, but we hope everyone out there stays safe, enjoys their Thanksgiving feast, and join us. Back up with us on Sunday. We're gonna have a lot to discuss. These rivalry games are always a bit haywire, so please come on back Sunday afternoon. We're gonna recap all the games. Don't forget if at any point throughout this rivalry weekend you want to give us a call is four eight verbal one. That is four eight eight three seven two two five one, let us know what's on your mind. You can also do a voice memo and then email it to the reverb line all one word at gmail dot com. We're gonna mix those up, put them together, and craft our reverb.
Speaker 1: Segment on Sunday afternoon. I can't wait for Sunday show. I cannot wait for all of these games. It's one of my all time favorite shows when there's just so much emotion going into Rivalry weekend with zero zero records present, zero records present. Yeah, it's been a wonderful hangtime with you today.
Speaker 3: Tay, and you as well. Dan.
Speaker 1: I just closed the sound up. It's okay. People can remember it or did.
Speaker 3: I Thank you so much to everyone out there for listening. Thank you to our friend Peter for sending me this immaculate spreadsheet. I appreciate it. We'll talk to you all in a few days. Happy Thanksgiving and stay solid.
Speaker 2: Peace.