Speaker 1: This is the OTP presented by Farm Bureau Health Plans. Where you are the plan Farm Bureau Health Plans makes it easy for you to get the health coverage you need for less than you think. See how at FBHP dot com With Amy Wells, I'm Mike Keith. We're gonna hear from a couple of new coaches on this edition.
Speaker 2: Of the APA we are and I'm very excited about that.
Speaker 1: We begin with Anthony Levine and you're saying, wait a minute, I'm one of the ot people. I know that name, and you're right, you do. He played at Tennessee State and then he spent ten years with the Ravens as a backup defensive back. He would play situationally for the most part, but he was an outstanding specialty teams player. Retired last spring and then spent the twenty twenty two season still with the Ravens organization. He is now on the Titans staff as an assistant special teams coach. So Anthony Levine, Tennessee State, Baltimore Ravens, and now Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 1: Did you know him when you were with the Ravens. I did not.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking about it right now, and I don't think I think you've mismissed each other by a year. I think so we were not there at the same time. But I still like him. I like his energy.
Speaker 1: Man, his energy is really good. He didn't have any experience in terms of the specific on field coaching, but he was such a good special teams player, and because of the enthusiasm and the energy you will hear and the professionalism, Craig Ackerman was interested in him, and when they talked to him, they said, you know, we think you've got really something, and so we're going to bring you in and give you a chance to be part of this staff because we think you add an element. As they went through this offseason, and I don't know that retooling the staff totally. They retold the offensive staff for sure, but they were trying to add some elements.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's a really good way to put it. I don't know that they were necessarily intentionally looking to say, we need a person to coach this, we need someone to do this. But what they were looking for were traits, right, characteristics. They were looking for an energy, something to infuse in the group of coaches that they have but also within the team as.
Speaker 1: A whole verybel liked you. Yep, and he said we want you here, and so he hired him and you will hear. Wise, I got a chance to talk with Anthony, who used to be the enemy and now he's part of the Tennessee Titans as an assistant special teams coach, Anthony E. Bean talking with me on the OT Anthony Levian Senior, what are you doing at Ascension same time as sports Park because all of us associate you with the Baltimore Ravens. You're number forty one for the Ravens. What are you doing here?
Speaker 4: Well? Now, now I'm a tighter. I'm assistance mus Saints coach for the Tennessee Titans. Now i'ma tighten though.
Speaker 1: But I mean I'm a little skeptical because you tortured us for years. You played great against us every time you made big plays on special teams, those heated Ravens Titans games between twenty twelve and twenty twenty one playoff game. Even is it a little weird for you maybe like it is for us?
Speaker 4: Yes, we'd okay, I mean it started off, it started off weird, you know, just being and being back being back in Nashville though, I mean, you know, I went to school here, but being a ben a Titan, being a Titan has been it's been some getting used to, you know, but but being here, being around Coach Raves and ben Awan Awkin has been around everybody, that's kind of kind of made me more comfortable. But yeah, but to your point, it was like sometimes when I'm walking, when I'm walking in the hallways and I see some of the guys who I payed against, is kind of like, I wonder, I wonder do they like, how they feel, like what they think, you know what I'm saying. So sometimes you know, I've thought that, but nobody never really said. It's been nothing but respect for from both sides.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there's respect for you because I mean, all those years I built, all those rosters and all those charts, and the quarterbacks changed, and the running backs changed, ray Lewis changed, and had Red changed. I mean, and there's forty one from Tennessee State University, Anthony Levine Senior right there, coming down on special teams gonna make something happen. It's gotta be a special feeling that you know, you put in that time that people respect what you did so much, even if you were on the other side that people respect what you did so much.
Speaker 4: You know what, Man, to be honest with you, man, I've been blessed. I've been blessed I have. I have great people around me when it comes for just everything that I've had. I've always had a good close net of people around me that I always made sure that no matter what I needed, you know that I had it. You know, so I can just focus on football and I can focus on whatever I need to focus on. But I didn't realize, like I knew, my teammates respected me. I knew that like I knew, because that's one thing that I've always wanted. I always wanted to respect for my teammates. And once I earned the respect for my teammates, then I wanted to respect for my coaches. But number one, it was always I gotta earn a respect for my teammates. But when I realized the respect that I had amongst the league, like when I when you meet people out, you may go different places, you'll meet people right and you're like you'll talk and oh you funny one, I'm like, yeah, you know. But when I retired when I retired, and then all the messages that I got from on Twitter, on social media, and even like coaches and ex players who I played against their retired like five six years before I retired, they calling me sending me messages. That's when I was like, dang, like I ain't know that. I didn't know that people really knew who I was. To be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Whether you're a carpenter or you're in insurance sales or you're in business, if people respect how you do your job, that's a great feeling. That's that's kind of the ultimate.
Speaker 4: Isn't it right. That's but again that that's that's one thing I've always wanted. All I wanted was the respect of my peers, you know. And it's been like that since I was little, even when I played in high school. I've always wanted to respected my teammates. And then when I played against other teams, I just wanted them to respect me, Like whether we won or lost, at the end of the game, I always wanted to earn the respect, you know, because if you earn anybody respect, I feel like that's the ultimate. That's the ultimate thing. Because a lot of guys he gon his lead. A lot of guys make a lot of money, a lot of guys might have a lot of playing time, but then when they leaves, like they might not have the respect that they piers or they teammates or anybody like that. So for me, man, I just I shop on respect. So I've always wanted respect.
Speaker 1: I want a backup. So you're originally from Louisiana, yes, sir, and spent high school in North Carolina. What'ston Salem? Salem? How'd you get to TSU? How'd you come to Nashville?
Speaker 4: So I was being recruited by North Carolina Tory Hills James Western. Here's a special teams coordinator there, and I ain't know going to a camp in North North Carolina camp and I had a great I'm doing pretty good at this camp. So this coach, coach mitches, he pulls me out the drills, right, he pushed me out the drifts. He's like, hey, you want need to see no more. He's like You're gonna be fine, Like you don't need to see no more? Right, So he pulled me out the drill. So, make a long story short, Coach Web comes up to me and he's like, why are you not in the drills? I was like, well, that coach pulled me out the drills. He told me I was good, But that coach was at Townson University, so I guess he wanted to recruit me to go to Townsend. So Coach Webb put me back into drills, and you know, I ended up doing pretty good in those drells. Got MVP at the camp, me and another guy from Weston Salem named Antonio o' wallow. But so they still recruited me to go North Carolina and then Coach Webb end up getting a head coaching job at Tennessee State. So when he got a coach job at Tennessee State, I never cleared like clearing house and n C double A and all that. I never cleared and that's why I ended up at Tennessee State.
Speaker 1: What's the best part of your Tennessee State memory?
Speaker 4: Man, this gonna sound this is gonna sound wild, but my my best memory that I have of Tennessee State comes from Dominique Rogers Commarti and we used to have like five am workouts, and I remember walking into five am workouts and it's a big hill onside Tennessee State. And I'm walking into Gentry because that's where we worked out at in the mornings. As a talking to Gentry, you hear somebody like running or like grunting, you know what I'm saying, Like they're running. So we hear this noise and we go to the side of the building and it's Dominique Rogers Commande. He's running heels, running hills before we have this five allion workout. So I'm like, dang, what you doing? And he's just going and going. He's just like and you watching them, and that's the thing. We gotta get inside. We gotta go workout. So we get inside. Dominique is drenched. I'm talking about dead tired. He gets into the workout and still wins every single workout and he's still going hard, still doing that, and that right there told me, like, right there was like, oh, this is different. But that's why he ended up going first round like top sixteen or fifteen whatever he went. But that right there was probably one of the moments that kind of changed the way I looked at just hard work.
Speaker 1: And you didn't get drafted, No, you ended up signing with the Green Bay Packers, played there two years and you were one of Aaron Rodgers' favorite players that he practiced against. Why were you one of Aaron Rodgers's favorite players to practice against?
Speaker 4: Man, this guy's good. Thank you. I ain't know people knew that. I don't know if I ever said that, but yeah, all right, so Mike McCarthy. So Mike again, I come from Tennessee State. I'm an undrafted guy. I have no idea about. I have no idea about A head coach is an officive guy, defensive guy, specially these guys. I have no idea about none of this. So anyway, we in practice, and I used to discuise a lot. So I'm if I'm supposed to be in the post, I'm down to the right side acting like I'm blessing or whatever. Then I'll run to the post Lake, but I'm messing up practice. So Mike McCarthy, he's like pissed. So he's like, Lavin, you gotta stop doing that. The court says not I've been a post. You not been a post. And I'm like, all right, yes, sir. So then ay Rod come to me, and ay Rod like, nah, doing what you're doing? And I'm like, because I was, I kept disguising. I was kind of like, I'll mess him up in practice sometimes so that they know they know what type of defense you run it right, so they'll know if you run the coup of three or you running zero, because like it's courted, the practice is caughted or whatever, so he knows that. But I'm not doing what the court says, like i know I'm pus to be in the post, but I'm not giving him that pre look. So I'm showing him like I'm down, or I'm showing something else. I have somebody else doing something else. And I just did that, like I don't I'm just messing around like I'm playing, but I'm having fun in practice like at a time on practice squad. So it's like you gotta do something, you know what I'm saying. They keep game. Yeah I'm trying. I'm trying to and I'm trying to have fun. So I just kept doing that, kept doing that, and I mean, every day I'm a cart thatll be hissed. But Aaron Rodgers kept telling me to keep doing it, so I kept doing it, kept doing it, and that's when he was just called me like he used to call me a master master disaster. So uh so every time you see me, call me like master, master, hey, master like that. But yeah, that's what I did in practice. So I just kind of I've always did that and you know, just kind of create a habit.
Speaker 1: Anthony, what are you gonna do in one of your players now doesn't follow the cards? What are you gonna do? Paybacks for?
Speaker 4: Hell? But you know what, though, you want you want to know what's crazy?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 4: What's crazy is? And I'm not saying I have anything to do with this. I'm not. Okay, I shouldn't even say this, but right in the Super Bowl, ay Rod makes a throw right with Polo Malo is disguising right, and he throws. I mean he's but I mean he's always been a great pastor, got great precision and stuff like that. But I feel like, you know, the things that I did in practice, Like at the end of the day, the look team gotta give the offense or the defense a great look. If you just go out there and just go through the just go through the motions and and you're not you're not making them better. So when they get out there on Sunday, they thinking that they just gonna run, they just gonna run past the corner or run past the safety. That's not real life, you know. So it's like, you got to get out there at the end of the day. If the car says you got to be in the A gap and if you start in the sea gap but you end up in the A gap. As a coach, I'm like, you know what, that may happen in the game, right, that may happen in the game, and stuff like that does happen in the game, you know, But I tell him at the end of the day, the final look, you got to be here, you know, but you can't. But I did, like I did that type of stuff in practice, and I kind of sometimes, you know, we'll work practice and coach would be mad he didn't get the look that he wanted to get. But then you get in the game and they doing that in the game.
Speaker 1: So it's what did in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't even said that's ok because now people.
Speaker 1: Because there was no car, but there was no I mean, he did crazy stuff that made no sense, but it often worked and then sometimes you could catch him where just occasionally.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying, okay, make this because I'm not saying I got anything to do with that. All I'm saying is that, you know, I practiced that way, and I tried to give the a ride at that time. I try to give him a good look for practice, you know. And I feel like that's what kept me around also in the league, because the way I practiced.
Speaker 1: So two years in Green Bay, you go to Baltimore, you finally make the roster, and then twenty twelve twenty twenty one, everybody called you co cap because you're that guy who leads the special teams and you played a lot on defense. You played multiple positions on defense. At the end of twenty twenty one, you decide you're done. And at that point, what's going to be next for you? What did you do last season as a non player?
Speaker 4: Well, last season I went into scouting. So I did scouting and coaching. But I wanted to do scouting because I wanted to get the whole experience of learning how to build a team, how to build a roster. You know, what you're looking for into guys, Like what makes scouts look at certain guys and like why do certain guys fit certain coaches or certain teams? Like you know, so I really wanted to start from inside out. You know. So I feel like me being a scout, cause I mean, been a coach and being a player, I feel like, you know certain things that comes with that. But being a scout, you gotta be able to actually like scout players. You gotta be able to know or you not really know, but you're you're kind of predicting, right, like, oh, this guy, he's good at this, he'll be able to do this, and you know, so I feel like if I learned that, and I learned the lingo, and I'll be able to talk, you know, to players, coaches and scouts. So that's why I want to do it.
Speaker 1: How did you get here? How did you get to the Titans?
Speaker 4: Man? Craig Craig Arkerm. Craig called my phone and when when draft meetings? So I'm in Baltimore, I'm in draft meetings and Craig calling my phone. So I answer the phone.
Speaker 1: How do you know each other?
Speaker 4: I don't don't. Now, I've never I don't think I ever met I met Craig, but yeah, so he called my phone and and so I answered and he's like, hey, you know this crad document from Titans. I'm just like from the Titans. It's calling me for right and he's like, wow, you know, I talked to a couple of guys and I want to interview for the Special Team's assistant job. So I'm like, man, you playing like who told you? Call my phone and playing you know? But nah, man, he was serious and he wouldn't he Craig is very persistent. He wouldn't take no financial He would be a good college man, Craig. Craig will be whatever. Whatever Craig want to do. I'm pretty sure he'll be good at it because he he don't stop, like you can't tell him no, like he just if he if that's what he want to do, or that's if it's somebody that he likes or something that he's going to go after it. Just those phone calls from him and Coach Rabel, you can tell like when they want someone like they're gonna do whatever they gotta do to get it.
Speaker 1: You connected with Rabel right away.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir. Why I just felt like I don't know, like we just when he called me, like the first time when he like when he called me, it was like, oh, man, Coach Rabel calling me like again, like I don't look at myself how other people may look at me. I'm like, why why would Coach Rabel call me? You know? And but he calls me, and me and him talking on the phone, and I'm telling them what's going on with what I have going on, and he's just like, man, look this is my story. And he kind of gave me a quick recap of his story, and I was just like, oh man. And then just right away it was just like man like Coach Rabel.
Speaker 1: Like he made a spot for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's man, He's.
Speaker 1: That's that's pretty strong. What do you like best about coaching so far?
Speaker 4: Just being out there with the guys, like, you know, I feel like and I tell the guys all the time, you know, I'm I'm a front line I'm a front line soldier, Like I'm a front line guy. Like being a scout was good. It was cool, Like being behind the desk like that was. But when you when you're out there and you going with the guys, and you know, I still get that adrenaline rush, Like when I'm out there with those guys, you running around, you pushing them, y'all having those conversations and y'alls making each other better cause they're making me better and I'm making them better. So we're at the same time, we growing together, you know. And it's like when we got down to that practice field in that meeting room, it's just like we want and that's what I That's what I've been used to my whole life, Like, always a group of guys together fighting for fighting for one thing.
Speaker 1: Even though it's only been a short time, have you figured out this is what you wanna do, this is where you wanna go forward?
Speaker 4: Coaching, Yes, sir, Like I've always even like my last my last few years, that's what I was doing anyway as a player, Like I'll be coaching. I'll be helping guys out like and sead of me. I'm still doing my relse. I'm still doing things, but I'm pulling guys to the guy side and I'm talking to them, I'm helping them, and I'm showing this. I'm showing them that, you know. So I've always had that coaching mindset or ability. It's just certain things. And now I'm still learning how to be a coach. I'm still learning. I have a lot to learn. But but yeah, man, I enjoy it all right.
Speaker 1: So let me wrap up with this one. Who's the first player comes into your mind when I say to number forty one, Anthony Levine Senior, when I say Tennessee Titans, who's the first player that comes into your mind? Like just boom.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's a trick question.
Speaker 1: It's not off. I'm interested to know from somebody who was successful on the outside, was a rival understood with the physicality of the series has always I mean, this goes back twenty five years. I mean it's been like this since the Ravens moved to.
Speaker 4: Baltimore, right, Okay? Is I can't say one guy? Okay, I can't like, I can't say, oh, just the guy that pops in my head because it's like, again, I'm a I know, I know why I was in the league. I know what you know. So when I think about the Tennessee Titans, is of course is you know, yes, said Derek Herry, you Jeffer Simmons, you got buyer, you know. But then you have Darren Bates. You know, you gotta go against Darren Bates, you know. So it's like it's guys like like Darren Bates, who who I had battles with for years who I'm over here, I'm making calls, and Darren Bates he over there, you know, because that's why I gotta go against. I gotta go against Darren Bates, you know. I gotta go against guys like that. So when I'm making a call as the personal Protector and Darren Bates there on the side and he calling my calls out, he telling me what I'm about to do, and I'm just like, He's like, yeah, I know, I know what you're about to do, Lavigne, And it's just like, you know, So it's like, again, I can't just name one guy, but you know, just coming up from me going to Tennessee State, I mean, you think about a lot of guys like Javin Curse, you know, Steve mcnow, Eddie George, you know, guys like that. It's just like those are guys who I've watched when I was in when I was at Tennessee State. You know, I'm watching those guys.
Speaker 1: Say, I can't just name hurst one guy like you. Anthony Levine visiting with me on the Official Titans Podcast, better known as the OTP. Seat Geek, is now the official ticketing partner of the Tennessee Titans. That's right. The deal is finalized, and Seat Geek is the newest member of the Titans family. If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it, because you'll be hearing it a lot more this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets to Titans games or any other live event in Nashville, Seat Geek is the place to do it. Seat Geek the new official ticketing partner of the Tennessee Titans, So Titans fans can fan. I visited with Anthony Levine. You got a chance to visit with Lori Locus, better known as low Locus, who is the assistant outside linebackers coach.
Speaker 3: I did, and I was so excited to have a chance to talk to her because she is a name that I have known within the National Football League and within the football space for a couple of years. Was so excited and she was added to the Titan staff, and I was interested to be able to pick her brain, not only because of what she has been able to accomplish in her career, but just to talk about the journey that she has had and the people that she has been able to work with. We talk a lot about coaching trees, which is just kind of the people that you have been connected with and how you have kind of grown into who you are as a coach. And the low Locust coaching tree has about a gabillion branches.
Speaker 1: But here's the conundrum she has. I mean, she's a role model, she's a hero, she's a trailblazer, whatever you want to call her, because she's the first female defensive coach in the NFL, right, and yet that's not what she really wants to talk about. And yet she understands the responsibility of what she's done to other women or what she's done for other women, but she doesn't want to dwell on.
Speaker 3: And that is what made me so excited to talk to her, because she is as coach Mack would say.
Speaker 1: She is all ball.
Speaker 2: She is a ball coach through and through, and so I was excited to talk to her about that aspect of her, the ball coach part, because you hear a lot about the other stuff. Sure, so Lo Locus and I got to sit down and just talk about being a ball coach, and it was awesome. Laura Locus, you are the defensive quality defel coach here for the Tennessee Titans, and your experience just in the game of football is so diverse. You've been a part of so many different things. I've got to know how your path ultimately ended up crossing with Mike Rabels.
Speaker 3: How did you end up with the Titans?
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So, one of the things that has propelled women, or at least given them exposure to it, has been the NFL Women's Forum with Sam Rappaport and a couple of years ago coach Frabel had come in and was one of the speakers to the organization of women that were there that day, and just very engaging, very open, as you know, very straightforward, which I appreciate, and we had connected at that point, and he made himself available to all of the women that were at the conference that day. So over the last couple of years had kind of stayed in touch with him and checked in every once in a while and given him a little bit of I don't want to say a bad word, given him a little bit of business when we had joint practices together. But he just has always been sort of in that framework of connection of coaches. So when I was part of the firing in Tampa Bay, he was one of the main coaches I had reached out to to see if there'd be a possibility of talking to him about an opportunity.
Speaker 3: And here I am having that network and being able to make those connections. It's really one of the undervalued parts of breaking into this industry, no matter what role you're trying to.
Speaker 5: Get to correct absolutely, And you know, I had twenty five years in corporate before I decided to go into coaching full time, so I do understand the networking aspect.
Speaker 6: I do understand the connections.
Speaker 5: But you're right, I think that that's something that gets glossed over.
Speaker 6: And I think that.
Speaker 5: And you know this too, when you see people and they're pushed to the forefront, as some of the women have been working at this level, it's the end result and they don't really get a chance to focus on the fact that you do have to make those ground rout connections. You do have to stay in touch. I mean, I knew Bruce Arians from college forty one years ago and at the.
Speaker 6: Time it was thirty six.
Speaker 5: But it gave me that opening to be able to ask him for an opportunity, and that's how it really kind of propelled me into Tampa Bay at that time. So connections are very valuable.
Speaker 3: You have worked in so many different aspects of just the of football, and that has to provide you with such a diverse background in terms of understanding not only the game, but different ways to teach it and different ways to educate. Is that something that you've found has been really helpful to you, that you've had so many different touch points along the way.
Speaker 5: Yes, And because there's been so many coaches that I've had an opportunity and a blessing to work with. So for the majority of them, I will tell you that I learned so much from them, and there was, you know, a couple times when I learned what I didn't want to do right. So it's a positive and sometimes a negative, but it taught me. So you have to take lessons from like any level, and I've had some amazing mentors. I've had people that have really taken a vested interest in teaching me the game, showing me things, and really sort of taking me under their wing, and it has helped to mold not just my style, but I think the availability of, like you said, being able to pull from different aspects because each player is so different and the connection points with them are so different. You have to have multiple tools to reach them.
Speaker 3: We talked so much about coaching trees, and yours has a bajillion branches. Just being in this building and talking to people, everybody's got a connection to you and vice versa. A lot of that, I'm sure is attributed to networking, but a lot of it is also just staying power within this league, within this game, right correct.
Speaker 5: Yes, And I think that that's like a long term play for any coach. You want to be able to have a far reaching connection so that if someone mentions your name, if there is an opportunity, you want them to be able to at least know of you enough to be able to have a conversation or bring you in or consider you for an opportunity. And that's what all of our male colleagues sort of have built in because maybe they went to college with somebody, maybe they played with somebody, maybe they coach somebody's son.
Speaker 6: I think sometimes for the women in the league, it's.
Speaker 5: A little bit more of a stretch for us to build that framework, but I think as we go on it's becoming a little bit more common.
Speaker 6: And I think that's going to help us overall.
Speaker 3: Working with a lot of great coaches is one thing, but you've also been able to work with a lot of great players in Tampa Bay alone, You're working with Vida Vea and Domakansu. The list goes on and on. Being able to coach talents like that. How much does that help you improve as a coach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so that was like a big lesson I think from when I came in the door is that everybody wants to be coached, but you do have to respect the work that's gone in. I mean, Sue and I had a great relationship and he was very open to coaching, but it's something where you have to look at what they've done, respect the success they've had, and not trying to over coach them. So it was just we were very focused on fundamentals there, just like it is here. And that was sort of my fit, reminding them of you know, pad level, reminding them.
Speaker 6: Of, you know, their first step.
Speaker 5: So it was a good compliment to their experience fitting in the scheme, and I'm hoping to be able to continue that here.
Speaker 3: You've been on a Super Bowl winning team, working with those players, working with those coaches. What have you learned in that experience that you're bringing here to the types.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's an all in mentality. I think that, you know, considering the fact that this program and this organization has had success, I think that that's such a win because the guys understand what it takes to get to that level.
Speaker 6: Now we all have.
Speaker 5: To be so much more in if you want to do something you've never done before, and that's, you know, kind of the mentality we had in Tampa, and I'm hoping to be able to emulate that here. But the coaching staff already knows that. The players that I've met are already so locked in. You know, it's just a matter of a collective effort, and I think it's here.
Speaker 3: You've been able to work with great guys in other places, but we've got some pretty great guys in Tennessee, guys like Jefferyson and Harold Landry, Denigoatri.
Speaker 1: You can go on and on.
Speaker 3: Having the opportunity to get to know them their styles, it's got to be a lot of fun for you.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 6: Oh, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, any I'm a defensive person at heart, so anytime I see an aggressive, violent defense, I mean, you know, I'm like.
Speaker 6: A kid in the candy shop.
Speaker 5: But yeah, they they've been very accepting, very welcoming, and you know, without equipment, it's nice to see the moving parts right now. I'm more excited for when we can actually get the pads on and really get to work and get after the offense a little bit more. But yeah, it's been a great environment. I really look forward to the share.
Speaker 3: That violent, aggressive kind of defense style and mentality. Is that what drew you to Mike Rabel Is that one of the things you kind of connected on.
Speaker 6: Could you not take that in from Braves?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think that that's a great fit and I feel a lot more comfortable here because of it, because it's a mentality that you know, we've always tried to keep and you know, in word, I have that a lot. It'll come out, I'm sure at some points. And being able to work with Coach Crow, you know, and learn from him and you know, get the technical part of now a newer position in the OLB room. But yeah, the violence, you know, the effort to finish the violence. I mean, it's it's a great fit.
Speaker 3: Your whole career is about grind and hustle and determination. Is that something that you're able to translate from yourself to your players, I would hope.
Speaker 6: So, I mean, I think that you know, a good coach sets the example.
Speaker 5: I think that you know, you lead by that example, and it's not something that you know, you hammer over their heads, but you know, they see us working really hard, they see us grinding and out. You know, they're doing the same thing in their capacity. So I think it's a good fit. But yeah, I mean, you don't ask anybody to do anything you wouldn't do yourself. So yeah, hopefully that'll set an example.
Speaker 3: Your name is one that we've known for a long time. A lot of people talked about low locus and what you've been able to achieve woman to woman. Are you tired of making history?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 5: I think you know, this is the first time, you know, we've sat down together, and you know, it's been almost a blessing to have this be my first interview because it's allowed me to just work. It's allowed me to just learn and do what I'm supposed to do and task out to do. And it's not that you don't want to have time to inspire and do those other things. But I think what people fail to see is that I'm not here for that. I'm here to be a coach, and I happen to be a woman. I'm not a woman who happens to coach, and I think that that fine line sometimes gets bent.
Speaker 4: A little bit.
Speaker 5: So I do appreciate being able to have these kind of talks, but it isn't the driving factor, and it's something that, yes, I would love to have just conversations about ball and about scheme and.
Speaker 6: Go from there. At the end of the day, it's all about ball, absolutely all.
Speaker 1: Ball, all the time. Amy Wells and Lo Locus, who is working with Ryan Crowe with the Tennessee Titans outside linebackers for the twenty twenty three season. I'm introducing you right now to the new Duncan Rewards program. Download the app today and start saving them and stacking them to get the free Duncan. You love Duncan Rewards, Save them, stack them, use them however you want. America runs on Duncan terms apply. So Anthony Levine and Low Locus on this edition of the OTP. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love when we have a chance to talk to some coaches that we won't hear from very often. We have a lot of good people around this this training facility here to Sension St.
Speaker 2: Thomas Sports Park.
Speaker 1: On the next edition of the OTP, Charles London, who is the quarterback coach and the passing game coordinator, and Tony Dues, the former running back coach who's now the tight ends coach, will join us on the OTP, so stay tuned for the next one. Thanking you so much for subscribing to the OTP, and we'd love for you to subscribe, rate, and review the OTP, the Official Titans Podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yes, leave us a comment.
Speaker 6: We love to hear.
Speaker 1: That would be tremendous. We love to hear from you, and if you'd like to send us a question, you can do that at Tennessee Titans dot com by.
Speaker 3: Visiting Tennessee Titans dot com slash oh.
Speaker 1: Tp Q for question for question Tennessee Titans dot com slash O t p Q. Bramy Wells, I'm Mike Keith. Thanking you for listening to this edition of the.
Speaker 4: A T T.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Big Show where the Legends going. Everybody nose it's our house.
Speaker 4: Fine thought, Tennessee, make any story great.
Speaker 1: This suspensive b