Speaker 1: Coming up with a Get Loud podcast. We will talk about the game against the Seahawks. We will look at to the Giants, but yes, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna talk about throwing fish.
Speaker 1: Also, yes, hi you doing everyone? It is to Get Loud podcast with Jenks and Smooth for sen anybody seat, Geek the official take any partner, Oh the Washington Commanders Smooth. Do you want to start with the good or the bad, the ugly?
Speaker 2: Anything you want to like? I'm want no, people don't matter when the Thames come, just give it to me.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna give it to you. Let's start with the bad. Because this was a frustrating loss, I mean really frustrating.
Speaker 2: I got a title for it. What stopless in Seattle?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's exactly because we couldn't.
Speaker 2: Stop anybody couldn't stop a nose bleed at the end of the day. It was one of those things where offense we need you, Okay, I'm there. Offense we need you, okay, I'm there. Defense we need one stop can't give it to you. Stopless in Seattle. Geno Smith, what's kind of sporadic doing today? Maybeig plays didn't make plays. Defense showed up in a couple of spots. But then it came down to the man, the man, a mono mono, Benjamin Saint Jukes DK metcalf three out of three plays? Can you stop me once? Yep? And they go to think about DB's We all challenged at certain points at a game. This This is the difference between being a good dB, a great dB, and a ok dbright. The good dB at one point going to make one out of the three plays, and that's what you have to do in perfectly. You make that play on third down the money down get paid in this league. Third down is the money down for quarterbacks, wide receiver, d lineman, cornerbacks.
Speaker 1: You make such a good point because actually, up until that point, yeah, he was having a pretty good game and then just lost his mind on a series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when that lost his mind, didn't keep his composure. See I'm going to opposite well yeah, like hi, gota think about it. Football is organized chaos, and the great players when that chaos is going down, they slows down like the matrix. Like I would be at the corner like Neo, I'll just be over there, like you know what I'm saying. I'm waiting on the play and it's happening in slow motion. If people don't understand it is a corner. These tenth of a second happened, They happen, they move, then they explode at the end of it. And it's nothing more humiliating, humbling than as you running as a dB and you look back and the ball is coming. Huh. You look at the wide receiver he running. If you can read his last name, you're probably behind him. If you can read the car tag on that car, you're probably behind that car. And just to see that pass complete it and then it go from your heart drop to explosion of fans cheering for this dude. And now you look over here he doing the robot, he is getting it in and you just looking. And then it's that long walk back to the sideline. You gotta walk past the defense first, and they looking at you like damn you stink. Then you get bad. Your coaches they giving you that eye. Then you sit on the bench and you notice nobody will sit around you because the Carara's coming to say, you know what, and nobody wants to be every Rice just beat Fred, And now I got to sit over here alone. It's the walker shame. It's a walker shame and it's a dB. It's no worse time to have that walk of shame than the last play of the game.
Speaker 1: And then they cut away to you on the sidelines your a loan and announce you says something like and Fred Smoot's gonna think about this one for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, And then I turn around and walk off the field slow most. Now fast forward, you get home on the plane ride, I just want to go to the grocery store. Now you go to the grocery store and Gertruce to seventy five year old lady in the Best File. She's like, Fred, wuld have happened? What happened? I just I just came to get some collar graenes so I can go home. No, what happened? So it's never over. And then you walk into your house and you turn on TV and ESPN. Now you on he Got Mass and you like like, so you can't run from the fact that you go on your social media and it's He'll bum. So it's you have to be so mentally strong. Like I told you before the show, you got to have the mind like the joker. Yep. It has to be unorganized chaos and you can ever let people break you. And that's why we smile sometime. And I know people be like, what is he smiling about when we get beat because now you still got to play the mind game with yourself, not only the player of the mind game with yourself.
Speaker 1: So, since we're talking about DB's Emanuel Forbes obviously a helmet talent hit. But I feel like the NFL referees just me personally, they're very arbitrary in how they dole out these punishments. I did not feel like you should have been ejective for the NFL NFA.
Speaker 2: First of all, you take away kJ Henry first second from college, fuming his career because he's too physical. Then you literally kick out the gingerbread man. You kicked out that one hundred and seventy pounds maybe soaking. What if he hitting too hard?
Speaker 1: Who can hit jinx?
Speaker 2: Who can hit right? This is the league that friend smooth can get disqualified from. And I was a tackler, not a hitter. I'm gonna get you on the ground now. Some of it I'm really vicious. I'm fine, I'm finna run through this guy. Then I hit the guy like, ooh, he too thick? At the end of the day to hit it. Listen, I'm all about intentions. You can read intentions. Yes, this one't violent intentions. This was I read the play. I got hit the nicked time. I couldn't pick it out, so I'm finna dislodge him from the ball. Fifteen yard pennanty five for New York to sit back there? Where was New York a week ago? Right when the kJ henring thing happened? Like New York. First of all, if you ain't gonnaup come back with concrete calls, stay out of it. And I think this also at the end of the day when it comes to referees, I think, if a referee get thirty percent of his calls in the game wrong, I want thirty percent of your check. I'm just telling you. I feel the only way to hold people accountable is to make them lose something. They don't play it, they peak performance at the end of the day. If a referee get fifty percent of his calls right, fifty percent of his check at the end of the day, sending the rest of his check to the referee, they got one hundred percent of his calls right. So at the end of the day, I just think you have to hold them accountable because if you don't, they're gonna call it like robots. They told us to do it any times, right, the helmet, we gotta call it. No, it's a human aspect to this.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this because I feel like a lot of this is driven by the NFL's ego as opposed to individual performance. Now, I don't know what the grading system is, but how many bad officials have you seen over time? It's not like they get get rid of officials on a regular basis. You see the same dudes again and again again, and you would think the NFL would say, look, we're trying to uphold a certain standard here, so if you're not getting it done, you're out. And you don't see that happening.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, how many good officials is it that if your last name ain't Hurkle Hercules, we don't know who you are, Like, I don't know good ones. Maybe maybe the playoff referees when they shrink it down and keep keep the best staffs. But I'm sorry, it's too much on the line for the teams, for players, jobs for GM job uh, for bedding for your casinos, it's too much on the line now for these things to be in a gray area. It's too much in the line for these things to be so highly incorrect. If I'm sitting there with my grandma and she's like, oh, they soft, you know, the NFL got soft, muffing soft. So at the end of the day, I can't say what they should do. Besides, I think if you hold people accountable, there'll be more acute to keeping that flag in their pocket than they would be if they wouldn't losing money. That's that's just Yeah, the scale. I always think the scale need the weigh out, the scale suggestion. Yeah, but if you got the NFL backing up every car all you making, you're gonna give us these lame Monday excuses about why you did it. Yeah, I don't care, and then we don't care about your apology. Oh yeah with the wrong call. No, get it right there, right right. They simply make referee in a career, just like playing cornerback is a career.
Speaker 1: They got the money, The money is there there.
Speaker 2: Pay the referees. Make sure they don't work no other jobs so no other temptation comes to do anything else. Pay them enough, but also hold them accountable by finding them, Yeah, and great paying them by a grade scale.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See how many broke referees we have in the league right now.
Speaker 1: Because a referee will be like, ah, I had a bad game. You know, the insurance business isn't what it used to be. I'm having a tough way, just like.
Speaker 2: You assurances like you know what. I've been paying y'all for ten years. I finally had offender bender. No bill, we can't know, we can't pay you. Come on, dude, I've been paying you for ten years. And that's what it is. Is the thing you can't touch, see a feel, is not intent. It's not tangible.
Speaker 1: When you look at Geno's he's a great story, but he threw for career high yesterday yardage twice. And it's because of these and we've seen this before. It sustain drives, these long drives down the field. How does this defense in its current form at least prevent as many of those?
Speaker 2: When it comes to the playbook, you need to call it the ant man. You need to shrink. You need to shrink the playbook and pay play fast. The one thing about great coordinators, they if they feel like you can't do fifty plays, they say, you know what, let's just get let's get dominated at five. Let's get dominantd at five calls one for first down, two third down, three for fourth. I mean, you know, so on and so forth. And I think that's what they need to do with this team, because watching Seattle, we know they'll cover three team. They go cover three off, they go cover three press, they listen with man, it all looks the same. Everybody's in the same position, allowing them to simplify and play fast. When you go play Seattle, you say to your offense, they're going to play cover three, what are we going to do to adjust it in when we play defense is whatever the offense do, We're gonna to them. We have no true identity. So I think to get a true identity, shrink the playbook. These are plays we are very good at and we're gonna do it, and you got to force us out of it. And if you don't force us out of it, I mean we got you, and we bending you to I wheel right now.
Speaker 1: Let space and bills and we're talking about the good things we saw yesterday.
Speaker 2: Head and.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Honda. Have you guys felt the power I have, Oh, I know you have the CRV Hybrid and the Court Hybrid, Honda's most electrifying vehicles. Yet, find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most rugged suv. Ever, it really is experience the thrilling performance of the fun to drive Honda Civic with an available turbo charged engine. Not for my kid, not for your kid.
Speaker 2: Can't trust him with a turbo Your kid gets a V four. Oh yes, squirrel on a treadmill.
Speaker 1: Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find a Honda that is perfect for you. See you're a local Honda dealer today. And RTS, I'm talking about Recycle Track Systems transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combined the power of artificial intelligence with premium customer service to optimize waste pickup schedules, ensuring timely not just timely, and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. Visit RTS dot com tell me more about how they can help your business waste or manage waste more responsibly.
Speaker 2: We got here. The thing about it How long before our generation because we are special generation jinks. We are the generation with the technology bled with the humans. We went from not having a cell phone, using the payphone on the house phone to having a cell phone. We went to no internet to internet. We are to bridge gap. That's true. How long before when we say the word AI we stopped thinking about Allen Iverson because every time somebody say it's coming out to me, I'd be like, you know what, uh I mean?
Speaker 1: Alan Iverson? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What bubble chuck it? You know what's going on? They'd be like, no, I'm talking artificially.
Speaker 1: It's coming because it's been a while now.
Speaker 2: But we also are the degeneration. I guess we generation what X Yeah, yeah, gen X that we really got into sci fi. So we are really mentally in the back of our head when we hear AI. We we think about Terminator, we think about Scott Neck.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about a dude pulling the skin off like he's a robot.
Speaker 2: When you say AI to us, it means something different than my kids. Oh yeah, I say out of the end.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh yeah, make it my job easier, Like I just want a cover letter? You did, I just watched Allen Iverson with a wicked crossover.
Speaker 2: The list two different things, and I don't know. I think people are afraid of the things they can't envision in AI is one of those things where if we can't think of it, maybe somebody else can.
Speaker 1: Ain't not wrong, my friend, that's where we're headed. Are you afraid a little bit? I watched an interview with an expert and he was saying how eventually AI will will become self aware or not yet, but it's heading in that direction. And then we're in trouble.
Speaker 2: And he the same guy that created it, like, see, you're gonna think about it. He's like he's us, all right, check this out. It's like just wait, just wait and listen. At the end of the day, as long as we got the ability to pull the plug. See, that's why I watch Loki and I'm glad I do, because the way to stop mixed minutes you just had to unplug it. If that was the key, That's why I watched great shows.
Speaker 1: You do watch great shows.
Speaker 2: Yes, The Washington Offense, Yes, Sam Hew is a great show.
Speaker 1: It is a great show. And Sam, can we put to bed the idea that this guy may or may not.
Speaker 2: He's the guy. First of all, he's the guy. It's not a lot of quarterbacks on this planet. If you can get one to even play at a top fifteen level, you have one. I'm not seeing him saying he Tom Brady. I'm not seeing him saying he ever gonna be Aaron Rodgers. But I can tell you what he ain't, and that's a scrub. He's a baller. To the point later on, I'll get into some of my nicknames because I think all ball we're talk about those balls get nicknames. And you can't give yourself that nickname. Eric Jordan didn't name itself Eric Jordan's. It just happened. He jumped in the air and he didn't come down for like three days, and we were like, yeah, that's true, Eric Jordan, that's his name. So all greatness comes with slinging Sam Bob.
Speaker 1: It just comes, It happens, rolls off the time.
Speaker 2: You cannot the king, Lebron, just the king, alright, Lebron Jay, Like the name is given to you, but you have to earn it. And I think Samon high with this offense, and I must say this b Rob's game as a wide receiver yesterday, second highest receiving yours since Chris Thompson. I think in twenty seventeen, b Rob looked like a monster. He is a DB's worst nightmare.
Speaker 1: He runs angry, which I was.
Speaker 2: Angry with side strength and speed. As you notice, DB's just fall off him, Like we have to figure out a way to even get him the ball war those guys like like when some guys once they in their bag, run them to the out of their bag. Yeah, like find a way. And I like the way they find to get him the ball through the air and the two.
Speaker 1: Players on the sideline the same place.
Speaker 2: Listen, that's one thing about the NFL. If it worked once, yeah, it'll work twice. It will you.
Speaker 1: And I loved great or what I love so much about that first play. It was Jamal Adams was coming right at since yeah, and there was just this little shoulder moved just to give himself enough time to get that pass out. So it's a subtle thing like that, but little things like that separate you from being pretty good too.
Speaker 2: Great Man, Well, this manipulation of the pocket, the manipulation of me knowing, and I was seeing it all last week. He needs to find thirty three, fine Adams, and they'll tell you where the opening is. Like anytime Adam's just gonna safe this close to the line of scrimmage. He is coming, He's coming, He's leaving the gap. Yeah, the kids cannot get it to where he just vacated from. And I thought it was very small to him. And it's showing me that him and Coach b enemy they are not in a just game planning. They are understanding how people are trying to attack him. And I think that's the smartest thing they could ever do because now he's learning how he's learning the weakness of every coverage. Yeah, every coverage got a weakness, right Well, the one thing about blitzing is where you blitz, it's gonna be a big old hole right there. Most people try to throw away from the blitz when they should be thrown into the blitz. And that's what Sam is learning. So I am enjoying watching the maturation of saying weekend and we out him turning the page. And that's what's making it hard for DB's because they're saying, all right, this is where he was last week when I was watching him. But when I had to play him, he wasn't making the same mistakes anymore, Like, so that's scary to I was, like, listen to any coach Pete Carroll talk about Sam like these are defensive, yes, mastermized. Coach Belichick talk about saying like hey checked his out right. Them the people you want to gain the respect from. You don't care what the people on the internet are saying. You don't care what you know, even the fan base, you don't care what they're saying. When you get the respect of a Pete Carroll and the Bill Belichick, you have something. And that's what we have to say. I am not trying to annoint him King of the North. All I'm trying to say is we got something. We need to preserve it.
Speaker 1: And this is there who's constantly under pressure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know that.
Speaker 1: When he threw that touchdown passed Antonio Gibson, he had a dude right in his face, got the ball there, and then at the end when he had a clean pocket and a long pocket from which to throw that passed to Dyami was world. And that was all touch about.
Speaker 2: Literally I'm talking about an inch over the DB's hands and then it dropped like this, just dropping it in the bucket right there. That the past is, we say, is a defensive back. The other people get paid too. Quarterbacks, Man, they add the key to this thing. And everybody can't make that throw to Diammy. Everybody can't make that throat Antonio Gibson. So that's why I tell people, man, but ooh, I always hear. But but what everybody got flaws? Is he working through his flaws? Sure is like it to me. So what happened? And when he don't have those flaws no more? I don't care when the people are drafted that most. And this is what I like to report the people. Most quarterbacks taking in the top ten, sixty five percent of them fell sixty five just because they was good in college. Next year we gonna see Kayley Williams taking, Drake may taking. Maybe Shuduer comes out. I dobt it. He might stake coming out by the Pennis junior coming out. And here go the bad part about it. Out of five of the top five quarterbacks, one and a half would be in the league in six years.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's just.
Speaker 2: The truth us. So that tells you how hard it is to find them. So when you find that diamond in the rough in the fifth round, like Dak Prescott seeing him. How you got something because they dropped for a reason. But they also cured them ailments. They find a way to get better at the stuff they was weak at. And this make them better than a Zach Wilson, a guy that came in and thought he had everything to take it out. He stinks, thinks about it. Think about this Sam's draft, Desmond Ridder Oh, a couple more quarterbacks taking before him. Right now, Sam is the best quarterback out of his draft. Yeah, yes, right, it's not even a question our contest.
Speaker 1: And before we go to we're gonna delve into some nicknames and Sam, we're gonna talk about some fans as well. But I did want to give some credit to EB because I thought that early on they did a nice job getting the backs involved. Kind of went away from that and then being to me, realized, you know what, we had a lot of success early on making sure b Robins involved Antonio Gibson, and once he went back to those guys, that offense opened up again.
Speaker 2: He does a good job of letting the game flow come to him. Yeah, and everybody like running by one. No, no, sometimes it's just not there. Like sometimes we got a pass to rope, open up the run. I run opened up the pass. He does a good, good game flow situational thing where he said, you know what, we got him on the ropes. Let's keep throwing the ball DN I I sneak in the run. Here, I sneak in a run there. So now when you get to the full court a they're throwing team, then we pound them for sixty time screen, They're like, what's going on? Keeping them off balanced? So I like that. I don't. I'm not one of these people that are like, yeah, we need to run the ball thirty times past about thirty ride. No, that ain't the way football is played. Like everybody got like like Tyson said, everybody got a game play until they get hit in the mouths right now. And I guess what, Seattle hit you in the mouth and now you had to go do something else. I like that. I respect that, And that's a coach setting you up for success. Can't beat that space and bells.
Speaker 1: And then we're gonna talk about nicknames and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, that's when it get fun.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm tryed to talk about the lot, but we were too serious.
Speaker 2: Felt like the first half of this I feel like we got related. I thought we were working for a network because we got stiffed up here.
Speaker 1: We're like, you know, let's talk about the rest of the season and how this mining sleep.
Speaker 2: Listen Seattle as we report from the home of Starbucks. And did I tell you about me getting hit in the face with a fish before this weekend? All right? The one thing about it is when we go on the road to play these games, we used to go out to dinner. Yeah, at the time, we add see what the city about. I go to Seattle one year, we go out. We eat at the Needle, which was a great experience, all great restaurant, most definitely go Yeah, we leave it, and I'm like, yeah, let's go to the market. Everybody always talking about the fish market. So we go to the fish market and these guys around there just a hooy They throwing like it it's crazy, fifty pound mackrels. He's just throwing fish. So I'm like, you know what, And on the top of the line after thron't be one of them fish over here. So he threw ay, he throws it over there. Just now I'm in the meet with a black eye, smelling like fish. But listen. So it wasn't the best time for me, but I enjoy and I always soak up the culture. Yeah, whatever city we're going in, you should go get some fish at the morning.
Speaker 1: I have done that. I covered the Redskins back in the day the two times you guys played. Yeah, yeah, I went out there and they were like, because I would always do like the flavor of the game kind of stuff before that. Right, So I did the whole thing with Dan there card Fish, went to Starbucks, the whole thing. But what's crazy? So I did this story, one of the best stories I've ever done, because they know when you go down to Pipe Place Market, they get it right.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: There was a guy, just some chill dudes, just sitting there playing his guitar, and I was like, I think I'm gonna sing a song with this guy. So I sang a random song with me and he started joining me at the end.
Speaker 2: It was so stupid.
Speaker 1: So I do this story, tons of fish in it. I'm getting all these texts. My phone's blowing up like, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Great story.
Speaker 1: Hilarious, hilarius. Hilarious. My boss calls and he goes, hey, that's a great story today. But I think there was one too many fish in it, one too many fish. I was like, are you is this a real critique? And I was like, sorry, boss, next time I one less fish, I.
Speaker 2: Won't be a fish market. Yes, alright, my phone? What he thought its cargold you need snails and throwing a couple of I don't know, man, I'm gonna let you handle that. Good Liud podcast is brought to you by Bet three sixty five, the official betting partners of the Washington Commanders. Bet on the range NFL markets with Bet three sixty five app. Craft your own personalized bet slip with parlays, access thousands with the live screaming place your bet before the match. Are doing the game, It's up to you. Download Bet three sixty five app today and join eighty million members worldwide. Twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem Call of texts one eight hundred Gambler Pay those bills n w A eighth. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. We dream of a place anywhere in the world and in the blink of our we're there. That's the wonder of flight. All you need to decide is where to Dulles International Airport. Let your imagination sword book your adventure today at flight Dullies dot com slash NonStop beautiful, absolutely beautiful. That's all you need. A couple of good Joseph. It'll do it.
Speaker 1: A couple of josh to get it jo Man.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I call it the jokes well really because see, Coach Gibbs is my favorite coach and as you should, and I call him the Joseph. Like that's what I call it. If your name started with the you, you have made it to a point in life. Yes that only a few people get to this, you know what I'm saying. So the Joseph is a different thing.
Speaker 1: Here's a nickname. Yeah, we need a nickname. You can say slinging Sammy. How but that's been done, all right? That's I think it's enduring. It's enduring, and it is endearing. And also it has a history here, so I get it.
Speaker 2: Because I kind of mocked Prime Time because when I cause I kind of based my whole career off him, high school, college, everything, so I was giving my I kind of mocked it. It was like, yeah, I'm sure time. He was I'm show time. So it's like when you know, you look up somebody's kind of endearing yes by being like like like Vis Carter, they was like a compliment Eric Canada. They're kind of mocking Jordan, but so mockery. It's flattery.
Speaker 1: But do you have I feel like you have been in the lab, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and you know I have given out over my ten year career. I probably gave football players on the team I probably named nickname seventy five percent of every team I played on. You know what that I actually believe all of that. Like Lorenzo Alexander. I gave him one man game.
Speaker 1: Oh did you get that was a great nickname.
Speaker 2: Rock Caine with a nickname, and I gave him another one, call him Rock gott It. So I have like really like give people nicknames. It's it's important. It's an important thing and I think it brings you tied into life and I think once you make it to a level of a batller, the world gives you a nickname like Duransela, you know, slim reaper. Slim Reapers go to Lebron James, the chef Steph Curry, like, when you reached greatness, you have to a rod. They just took a a rod, all right. They just took and they ran with it. The goat Tom Brady like. So every great player usually in up with a nickname. Walter Payton Sweetness, oh so good, Mega Tron. I thought it was one of the most lest. Definitely, he was one of the biggest human beings I have ever seen in my life. And the receiver at that the sheriff Peyton Mann.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're dropping them all right now.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm just saying great players come with great name that. I think nicknames are very important in sports. Until you get one, you might you haven't made it the greatness where you have.
Speaker 1: Your opportunity right here, Sam how needs a nickname? Now, let's just get out of the way. The one that will not work. Sammy Whammy is not don't ever suggest that ever.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take it that somebody child said call him Sammy Whammy. I don't think grown people said, you know what, that's my whammy. I'm gonna call him Sam. No, nobody grown came up with.
Speaker 1: I couldn't look at another grown person and say that's my guy, Sammy Wammy, I imagine on.
Speaker 2: The back of a jersey. Now, the one that he did say he liked it. He heard what Sam I am? Okay, mister greened and ham himself. Why not? And I think slinging Sammy, how I think it works? But you say it's biden.
Speaker 1: I mean it works, It's just we've heard it before. So listen. If everybody calls him slinging Sammy, hell, I'm good with it. Yeah, I'm just saying, is there another one besides that one? Because that's the go to a thought before.
Speaker 2: He was annoying it. I gave him a nickname because I believed I had so I practiced so much, and you know I'm a big Game of Thrones guy. That that's who I am. So I called him the young Airwolf, like the young wolf Rob Stark is what I called him.
Speaker 1: Didn't you have a longer nickname?
Speaker 2: Well I do, and that name is Sam Snow. You know I'm a big.
Speaker 1: Game of throw I know you are not all the books.
Speaker 2: So when I think of Sam, I think of underdog. The biggest Underdog character ever was John Snow. Yeah, it was John Snow and eat a heart and soul of it a right for him to be reborn. Half tell Gary, and you know what I'm saying. This means head wolf, half dragon like. And guess what, that's why I love it now. I got the King Slayer because he got it, got close to slaying everybody. Jalen hurts, oh dak last like, if you want somebody taking down fringing.
Speaker 1: The King slay, King Slay is a good one.
Speaker 2: The King Slave is good. Then we got I called him the young Wolf already before we got slinging Sammy. All right, just the airplane, old airwolf. What you thinking about this airwolf? Just the air because it's the last name. See, I can't wait to get I know.
Speaker 1: You remember Airwolf from back in the day.
Speaker 2: I do. I love it, That's what I'm telling you. So I would love to get to the stadium, just sit and enjoy a game. And every time he complete a past, right, people just how every time he can the past like people with just wolf wolf mask on. And every time you complete the past, they just how. And see this way they Game of Thrones come back in right, because that ain't nothing scarier than to die your wolf. So I don't know if you had a chance to give him a nickname, anything, anything.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I keep going back to slinging Sammy because it's so easy to say, and there's a history there, so again, I don't mind it, but I'm trying to come up with something original, original that. I'm just trying to come up with something because I cannot. Hear Hal drops back and that is a touchdown of the Army Brown and Sammy Whammy. He does it again, dropping the biscuit in the basket. He can't be that well, well.
Speaker 2: When we have these old names, because I'm a person with the old name Frederick. I think the fourth person that created in the world was named Frederick. He got the name Samuel, so oh you.
Speaker 1: Could do Samuel, Yeah, something with Samuel.
Speaker 2: I don't think he can because just like I had to drop the rick off my name and not be Frederick until now now I'm Fredricksman. Yeah I used to be Fred's.
Speaker 1: And plus we don't know if I bet Sam doesn't like sam Samuel I never liked Fredrick. He has to just like say.
Speaker 2: He likes Sam because it's kind of like straight to the point, just just there. Everybody knows Sam so it's original and it's normal. It's the how that's different. The cassamder and I think, who, no, you can't do that. It was what about the Hollinator stinks?
Speaker 1: That's what we get from coming up with these on the fly. I'm like, as I should have said.
Speaker 2: Out just how and how? How?
Speaker 1: How and how where you going?
Speaker 2: I was in a cay accident that to day, I think I'm going to how how and how to get this done? I can dig it, but like I said, I just I want that one time. And I don't know we need to do it for Halloween. Maybe just a Game of Throne theme at FedEx everybody wear a wolf mask. I just think he'd made it to that point where I'm ready to say that's my dude. I am Sam Howe.
Speaker 1: When I'm not throwing touchdowns and winning games, I'm winning your case in the courtroom.
Speaker 2: How l c hit by eighteen Wheeller? How one time? And I'm right there.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking of this name, you gotta tell me this story. I gotta make sure I get this right. You have to tell me the story.
Speaker 2: Skippy the Cap Oh my god, please all right? This storty years ago. That's how most good story start. Yeah, I have to you know, I do the postgame show, Infamous Postgame Store, Me and Scott Jackson. I love Jack the five head of sports, this great guy. The thing about it is, we didn't have this caller win lose a draw. He calls in. His name is Bill, which I don't know if that's his real name. I'm still investigating. But Bill calls on the show. He talks in a very creepy voice all the time, and we conversate with him, okay. Then he puts his cat on the phone. Yeah you heard me right. He got a cat named Skippy that talks.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, yeah, so Bill is talking as Skippy the cat.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the cat talking. It's like it's too far from me right now. I know.
Speaker 1: I bet this guy drives a really shitty looking van.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, yes, yes, he does, scoopy. Do we know who did it? It was? It was Bill most definitely, And he and the cat talks, and in our conversation after this last Seattle game, he called in and said the cat then started seeing ghosts. All right, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: And Skippy is part of the Animal Kingdom and they feel in a different way linked. Okay, So I said, Okay, Bill, I got you on that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, animals are like that.
Speaker 2: I'll buy that. Animals will tell you when it's gonna get cold. They'll tell you they know when you're upset, they know when they can feel emotion. A part of me don't think Skippy exists. I think Skippy is a figment of this dude's imagination.
Speaker 1: White like this.
Speaker 2: No, no, I think this dude I got him on my watch list, watch it for watching because you can't be part of his family. And somebody in the family got But you know what Bill is Colin shows.
Speaker 1: He's on two lists, yours and the police.
Speaker 2: Because this dude right here just takes it to we entertain him, ey retire because if we stopped being his outlet, then you know what can happen. So I enjoyed my conversations with him. I try to overlook it when he started to talk in his cat voice, because, like I told him, I didn't know what cat had a voice. Now. I grew up on Heathcliff. You remember the Cadillact. Yeah, the Cadillact, Catch with with Reff Rail and all the rest stuff. You probably couldn't name none of them. Rock sown you, I forgot that.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe your name in the entire cast of heath Cliff.
Speaker 2: Listen the cadillact catch that was one of my favorites. No, I know they kicked it in. I forgot the big the big fat cat name, but they kicked it in the junk yard all the time. And so every time he calls, my mind just goes to Heathcliff. Them the only cats I know they ever talked, and the dad of guard for him. So I have to get into character with this guy. But he's a very strange guy.
Speaker 1: Jinks, man, I gotta think about that.
Speaker 2: And he cheers for the team.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll give him that before he gets arrested.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give him that. But I'm most definitely gonna bring him comings here.
Speaker 1: Since dalking about fans, we gotta shout out Quinn, I got Quinn.
Speaker 2: Yes for shotting us out. Yes you for enjoying the show with me and Jinks, because we don't take this very seriously, like we're not very you know, acute to this situation, but thank you for yes that we are entertainment, especially when we talking about stuff like Heath Cliff and Cats.
Speaker 1: He met Anna and when you're in Seattle. In Seattle, she talked to and as our producer as An Austin Job on the show, she talked to Queenn. He said, I like watching listening to Jenks and smooths. We appreciate you, Quinn. Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: And that's that's your example of a good fan. That's your example of somebody that rides through the thickened thing. And I ain't going nowhere. Might not be good right now, but I'm gonna stick with it. But you brought up something bad.
Speaker 1: Fans, oh man, I was just about that.
Speaker 2: You bowed up bad fans. Jeans.
Speaker 1: You have a particular story, so many, so many stories. You can tell whichever one you want. I know you have a ton, but every one of your worst fan stories ever, you gotta tell this some smooth all right.
Speaker 2: I want you to close your eyes and I want to take you to two thousand and six, Minnesota, around October Thanksgiving. Get a little crispy coal up there. Hasn't started to snow yet, but the season has started to snowball, all right. And Fred's focused, you know, because we understand it. No matter what team wise. We still got to be independent contractors, all right. And I have been doing very good up there. Still haven't had that bad game yet, not the one that make fans hate you. But then a trip happened to Carolina and the game didn't turn out too Will and me and Steve Smith had one of my worst days of all time. Sickney, So I'm sick. So my shower is bad in Carolina. Walk sadly to the bus, get on the plane, get home. As I'm driving up to my front yard, jinks, I noticed these white lines drew in my front yoard. So me being the guy, I don't think nothing crazy at first, but then I get out of my pickup truck and I look to the left in my front or and it's the biggest glutiest Maximus ever drew on grass. This Drew. Listen, this ain't pancakes. This is the biggest butt talks Drew drew in my front yard like spray painted spray painted in white on green grass.
Speaker 1: My god, And I bet you had a nice yard too.
Speaker 2: Oh great. You know, I like to get it cut like a football field so you can see the lines in it. All of that. So when I get out the truck. I'm looking out like I know that ain't no butt in my in my front Like, come on, man, this ain't what people you let to go through. So in between my game at one o'clock on the East Coast and by the time I make it back to my yard at six thirty, somebody said, you know what, we're finna go draw butt in frend smooth front yard because he stink. All right, that's the only thing. I think the signal was, you stink. You need to be out of here. You played like, but you listen to me. So I'm sitting in my front yard and because I'm an idiot, I'm literally crying like I'm laying. Other people would have got mad, you know me, I got assistant humor, and I'm like, man, this is one of the bad, baddest days I ever had in sports. And I come home and I got everything I deserved, Like I had a buttox drew in my front yard, and that just showed me you know what's up. You need to wake up. You need to wake up. You need to pay better than Frians have spoke. Somebody would take it that far and then imagine the phone call to my my landscape. Yeah. So I called him the next day and be like, you know what, dog, I need you to come out early this week. Wow, what's wrong? I got a butt drew in the front yard. What you mean? No, I'm that serious. So he had to come and like literally weeded and cut a butt after front.
Speaker 1: That's the spray paint butt out of your front yard.
Speaker 2: Out of my front yaw, Like I said, you know, if I was a mean dude out of probably like call the police, got them to investigate the butt fan fan out who's vandalizing? Did anybody else get butts in the front like?
Speaker 1: Like, you know what's crazy about this is that if they had taken it to an extreme and been like if you were something terrible like that, I'd have been like, you know what that that that's your way crossing the line. And here I'll be like hm hmm just a big butt huh. I kind of you know, I kind of appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Actually, And I'm wondering who is that dude because it had to be two No, No, that's that's a two persons, two persons job. Who is the dudes that going around Bragg and somebody? Yeah? Man, I mean when we were.
Speaker 1: Young that time, went to Fred Smoots. Yeah, how many times you think that guy's told that story? They told me million times.
Speaker 2: Hey, please, if you are those guys, could you reach out to me one eight hundred. We need you. We want to talk about the fact that you and I want to know. Am I the only person you did this too? I want to know because I refuse to believe they sing it out me and just because I got a good sense of humor, I laughed and I was like, you know what, my spirit was so down when I made a home. That much just saved me. I never never thought I'll be saved by saved by the bus say heal style at the end of the day, I mean EU style, But at the end of the day, it really like I was like, I was so sad before I got home, and it allowed me to have the biggest glass Hawaii and I just sit out in the front yarder looked at that butt. It wonder did I played that bad that I deserved it to be in my front jord And I was like, yeah, I did. Cheers and guys, you changed my life because three games after that, I came back to Washington. I was ran out of Minnesota buy but.
Speaker 1: They knew what was coming. I'm so glad you told that story. We're gonna pay some bills. And speaking of but we're gonna talking about a bad team. As the New York Giants feel the power of the CRV Hybrid and the Court Hybrid, Honda's most electrifying vehicles. You had kind adventure and one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most rugged suv ever. Or experience the thrilling performance of the fund to Drive Honda Civic with an available turbo charged engine. Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda that is perfect for you. Doesn't matter how big your butt is, it will fit in a Honda wheel.
Speaker 2: And if you pull up in your front yard and it's one in there, the Honda will let the one that down.
Speaker 1: Let you to see your local Honda dealer. Today, finally breaking news for Commanders fans and you know it. It is ze Geek, the official take any partner of the Washington Commanders. The dealer finalized and Seat Geek is the newest member of our family. If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it because we're gonna keep telling you about it. Whether you're buying tickets, selling tickets to Commanders games, or any other live event in the DMV seat, Geek is the place to do it, standing or sitting on your butt. See Geek the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. So Commanders stands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am crying, Oh my god, indible. I cried like and that's how knew then. I was like, you son, you an idiot like this when I knew I would put on this earth to do something different, because, like I say, most people let me exk you jinks make it home, finds it in his front. I would be crushed, like tell me where you at.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. I here's the thing. When people come after me like and here's it's it's a balance, right, If you're paying me all this money, then I'm like, this comes with the territory. And being on TV, being on radio, that does come with a territory. They are all the time.
Speaker 2: But I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not making out like a bandit. I'm paying my bills month to month like everyone else. And so I'm just honestly, I'm a very sensitive person. So when I see stuff like that, like that just like cutting.
Speaker 2: Me A man like him.
Speaker 1: So I'm just like ah man every now and then you'll like somebody. Sometimes people just make up something and just like throw it at you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, so take us there as you put it up in your front show and then realize if.
Speaker 1: I saw Bud, I'd be like, I can't afford to get my I just got this molde last week.
Speaker 2: You more about the grass than the message.
Speaker 1: Well, and the message would bother me. I'm like, someone doesn't like me enough, Like you're not paying to see me if you turn me on right, If you don't, you can go elsewhere.
Speaker 2: They took their time.
Speaker 1: You hate me so much. You took time out of your day to go. Yeah, you spent money because you dislike me.
Speaker 2: Sobody, you talk to your partner about what are we drawing? Right?
Speaker 1: And I got a buttox in my front yard. I asked my girl. I'll be like, hey, was it show that back today? Said no, No, no, you didn't.
Speaker 2: You didn't sound what I think about your mom and your girlfriend. They'll lie to you.
Speaker 1: They will sometimes you you need it.
Speaker 2: But that's why I played cornerback. No lies like tell it to me, rob, Like my mom was always like that. I'll never forget when I was in high school. I'm killing in the game, got like one hundred and fifty yard receiving. I already got a pick this third quarter, score like twenty something to twenty, Like we're tied. I get hit in the hip, got a nice little hip pointer my head coach like he could play. Don't look like you want to get back in, so get what you do? Turn around waiting my mama, what called it to the field? No, I'm on the side line, My mama, like, what's wrong with you? I got to took one to the hip hip. I'll tell you this if you keep playing like this and be broke the rest of our life.
Speaker 1: So so, if you don't get your butt up and she didn't.
Speaker 2: Use the word, but you don't get your butt up, get back in this game. I know, so, she said, I'll be in the stands waiting on your performance by the time she hit the stands out back out there. Then why she always tell you your body are punk?
Speaker 1: You know what she was right? Look at you now listen.
Speaker 2: If I ain't get back in there right, then get on back in there, I probably wouldn't be well right now. Hey, listen, your body is a coward. You put the limitations on your body. I tried to get that to my boys, but my boys and grew up in the suburbs. Oh, it's different. And you can't buy toughness from Walmark. I went in the section and it was none in there. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: You know who can use some encourage her right now? Tommy the Vito, quarterback for the New York Giants. Tommy the Vito is the first quarterback in Giant's history outside of the strike here in eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, undrafted, you mean regular people off the street playing regular.
Speaker 1: People off the street. The first undrafted quarterback to start for the Giants outside of that year. This guy is a is as Italian as it gets, and he stinks, and he stinks.
Speaker 2: All right, listen to me. For the people out there that watch, he needs a button in front. Yeah, yeah, he does. But this is his mom front yard, so we can't do it.
Speaker 1: That's true, all right.
Speaker 2: This the thing about him, he lives. He's from Jersey, so he lives like ten minutes away from the stadium. Grew up watching him we gotta read this quote. He lives at home, all right, read the quote.
Speaker 1: We do. This is Tommy DeVito, who, as Fred was just talking about, lives with his parents.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: I don't have to worry about laundry. What I'm meaning for dinner, chicken cutlets and all that is waiting for me when I get there. My mom still makes my bed, Everything is handled for me. He is not ready for the NFL.
Speaker 2: And first of all, that's why I give him the nickname. If you watch Loki, you know what I'm talking about. His name is he who remains, He who remains at home. That's who he is at the end of the day. If we don't beat Danny Defto, I mean, I mean Tommy, it's also Danny something. We don't beat him, it's over guarantee their cousins. Guaranteed that their cusins.
Speaker 1: They're about third cousins got the past.
Speaker 2: But come on, he he got a whole half of New York, like really rocking right now. They don't even care that these stinks. He is representation, Yes, New York, its finest. He who remains is he who remains at home with his parents. If we don't beat Defeato Cutlert. I'm gonna call him Cutler, Jimmy Cutley.
Speaker 1: But if we don't beat old Tommy Cutler.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I know something. This dude.
Speaker 1: He stinks so bad.
Speaker 2: It got me thinking that New York's that. You know what, Let's just go get Kayler Williams like they might be because guess what. At some point you could call up with Carson Wentz. You know somebody that has been through the winds. You get cam you give it. Yep, you can get somebody that can throw the football International Football League they just said, forkid it. Let the veto handle Yeah, let the Veto handle it. And guess what he's doing everything that they thought he would, which is absolutely nothing. And guess who an ling team like us. The best cure you can get when you get sick. It's not penicillin. This is a shot of the veto. We need a shot of the Vito. Because I watched the last two teams get a shot at the Vito and boy DALYs took him down.
Speaker 1: It's like, just get like giving the Cowboys, even everybody y'all got da Vito. I need.
Speaker 2: We need the veto in our life right now. He who remains I see you Sunday, all right. I can't wait to see him.
Speaker 1: Besides putting pressure on Tommy Cutlet Tommy de Vito and making this guy make mistakes, which you will, what do.
Speaker 2: You want to say?
Speaker 1: See more than anything, to make sure we get it up and the game that this team should be simple.
Speaker 2: Make the Vito look like an actor. Make the Vito look like the Vito, Danny de Vito. If the Vito looks like an NFL quarterback, I would be ashamed. Make him look like who he is.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: If I told you we were walking down a dark alley and I was like, let's run the Veto coming, would you run, I'd be like, no, Nah, kick the Vitos. Don't care about ad Vito. What are you talking about? If we don't make the Vito look like the Vito. This has nothing to do with the Young air Wolf. This has noneing to do with Dolphins. I ain't bringing up dolphins. All right, Defense win the game. If the Vito has over one hundred yard passing, shame on you. If Saquan has over fifty yard Russia, shame on you. They only got one person. Yeah, that's it, sat Quon Barkley. All I'm saying is team if it's ever get will game for Defense. This gonna be it. This is it And you're talking about winning your first divisional game. Yeah, you let Danny if we walk out of it, I'm sorry. I keep calling him then to Vido because he ain't made a name for him. All I keep thinking about is Jimmy John commercials.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because it's everywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I just can't stop thinking about those commercials. And if they really want to capitalize on this, they'll do a commercial with him in it. Right now. We didn't get it up this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Defense has to do its job. I believe it will. That's my guy who always does his job for Smooth. I'm jinx then, a good one man.
Speaker 2: Keep that spray paint out to you ard.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders for any of their representatives