Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm Carol Master along with Tim Senovic. You know, the markets have closed. We had quite a rally on Wall Street. In the meantime, we do want to get to some stocks on the move, and for that we're going to go back to Emily Grebeo. She's back at Bloomberg headquarters in New York City. So Emily, let's start with Broadcom because this stock did not have a great day, and Hockday is going to get ready to come up on the big stage here, so he's gonna have some really interesting questions that he's probably going to have to answer.
Speaker 4: That's right, Carol, Not the best day for Hopdaan to come and speak. When the stock fell about thirteen percent today, of course, we're talking about Broadcom ticker AVGO. It was the biggest drop in the stock since January twenty twenty five. They gave an outlook that was seen as underwhelmed by Wall Street analyst expectations, at least just given the industries AI related demand. Analysts noted that AI sales and margins for the current quarter were weaker than expected. There also could have been again a case of the bar just being way too high for a chip company like Broadcom. The stock had already risen more than sixty percent off of a March low as of the last close here, Kunjan Sabani from BI Bloomberg Intelligence said, pointing out that a third quarter AI revenue guidance of sixteen billion, I mean, these are still huge numbers. It was below consensus, which was near seventeen point two billion, So disappointing nonetheless for the chip company.
Speaker 1: All Right, so that's on the tech side.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hear from Hoktan.
Speaker 3: Just a little later say yoga pants are not tech.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Lulu Lemon did make a tech acquisition years ago, and they bought that company Mirror. They bought that company near years ago, but that was like a different Lulu Lemon. All this to say Lululemon is next on the list.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lululemon also falling today down about ten percent. Ticker Lulu, the athletic clothing retailer, cut its net revenue guidance for the full year, miss the average analyst estimate. You hear what the interim CEO had to say. More recently, we've been navigating headwinds that have led us to adjust our outlook for the full year. We're taking additional actions to reposition when needed. The shareholders didn't really like the fact that again they had to cut that net revenue guidance and it also missed the average analyst estimate. So almost a double whimy here on the misses.
Speaker 3: All right, so two that have not had a good day, tell us about five below. What's going on there?
Speaker 4: I'm bringing you guys all negative stocks. I hate to end the show on it.
Speaker 2: Now, what's up with that?
Speaker 4: MLA A pessimistic node. But you know we're always now that I'm in credit, I'm always looking for, you know, the risks in the market. The credit people are more pessimistic than the equity people. Anyway, five below down about thirteen percent. Thursday, in the regular trading session, take our five. The discount retailer beat first quarter earnings expectations and actually raise their full year profit guidance, but they signaled caution over the consumer in the months ahead. So if you hear what the chief financial officer said, they said that actually they don't think consumers felt the full pain of the economy because of tax refund season, So they actually think that more of that pain is actually going to persist now that maybe people got their tax refunds, they spent it, they felt a little comfortable. Now they're going to feel that pain. So that's what analyst analysts were watching here for five below. As we know, five below a big read on the consumer. And if I can just go back for a second, the Lulu Lemons stock moving a lot more in the post market. I think I forgot to mention that earlier, but I'll just do a quick read here on my terminal, pulling it up lulun Lemons stock right now took her Lulu down about eleven percent in the post market trade.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.