Speaker 1: Hey, that folks, it is Saturday, June thirteenth. Bea got kicked out, mel got hooked up with Bourbon, and everybody was crying. And that was episode nine. Yes, episode nine island. Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. I guess that's the major take some of the stuff we saw coming. I guess the Bea thing we saw coming Beatrice. But yes, Bea is gone. There was a whole lot going on here robes in this episode. I mean there's point after point after point. But I guess that's the big headline. BEA's gone. She was I don't know she was. I thought she was a nice addition to the house.
Speaker 2: I thought she was a rare, authentic voice of reason and sanity. She really was the glue, I think, and she prevented a lot of drama from happening. Maybe producers are happy she's leaving because I actually think her being as as straightforward and honest and confident as she was, she had the respect of the entire villa, and she stepped in in moments. She did cause a little drama once, but that was more Melanie's reaction rather than her doing. But it'll be interesting to see without her there. How the dynamics change, at least among the women, it could get really ugly.
Speaker 1: You know what, you said something there. She was a rare, authentic bird in there that didn't seem like she was playing the game. She didn't seem like she was manipulating this person or that person. She said whatever she thought at the time, then let the chips fall where they may. She was. She wasn't harsh, She wasn't mean, she was up front. I think at her and probably kc have kind of the same mind. He's a little sweeter and sometimes his delivery than she could be. But I never thought she was harsh or me I hate to see her go.
Speaker 2: I do too. And look, we kind of saw the writing on the wall though, because once we knew America was voting for who they thought each bombshell should hook up with, it was pretty obvious. It was funny to me. So just we'll go over the three new couples. So America voted that Caleb should be with Kenzi. Not a shocker at all.
Speaker 1: Everybody saw that coming.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think Kenzi and Corbyn, yes, I mean that was not a shocker. Then Gabrielle and jen he seems shocked. Jen seemed shocked, and Beatrice seems shocked. But I wasn't for you. That's what we were predicting.
Speaker 1: And what was say the last couple and then this will I'll answer that question.
Speaker 2: Well, the last couple we obviously knew it was Sincere and Soul.
Speaker 1: Okay, duh. So those last two couples the reason I was shocked by, or what shouldn't have been shocked by, Gabrielle and s Jen America voted before we saw this most recent episode where those connections didn't make sense right right, So people didn't get to see Sincere and mel make up and be all happy together the votes were in.
Speaker 2: I saw that at the beginning of this episode, the votes were already in, and you see this serious conversation between Sincere and mel because really it did look like they were absolutely done, and he seemed to have made just some really stupid moves that were going to blow up in his face. But no, Melanie forgives him, wants to try again, per usual, and he is literally walking her as you hoist up a new bride over the threshold, walking her through the villa. They're like thicke as thieves, through the game.
Speaker 1: My man back, she's yelling that was too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was short lived.
Speaker 1: It was very very short lived. But we America had already voted, they had already seen her showing her ass. They'd already seen him be relieved to have somebody else in the villa that was connecting and vibing with him. And yes, in that moment, I would have voted for Saul.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, when Melanie watches this all back, which I'm only going to assume she will, she's going to see the reason why America voted Soul to be with Sincere. It was Sincere's doing so She's going to be hot when she sees that. And look, you know, she handled it. I think as best as she could for her. She pulled herself together. When I mean, I think she obviously knew once they said America was voting, she knew that the Soul was going to be put together with Sincere. And look, she tried to say, I'm cool with it, y'all do your thing, you explore, I'm going to do my thing, but she had tears just pouring down her eye, hurting.
Speaker 1: That's fine, she was hurting, that's fine. How could she not be. They were just on good had got into a better Footageeah, well, I say that, Robes, and after the whole they had rekindled and everything's perfect in this episode, what is he going do? He goes and has a conversation with his boys about still talking about exploring soul.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was weird and I know you all had to have seen it to what the hell? This guy in the beginning of the episode is saying he's sorry to mel saying he knows he shouldn't have spent all that time up there and that she was his only focus and that he's no longer pursuing soul like literally says this to her once again, reassures her, tells her it's you and me like that's it. And then what minutes later, he's talking to his boys and he says he is still exploring soul, like literally verbatim, the opposite of what he just told Melanie.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it's a game, I guess, but Rope that since here has been wrong, he's been wrong in this whole situation. He says, no way to try to bounce. Look, do your think, but don't look at her in the face and tell her you're doing one thing and then go upstairs and let her literally see you do another that. I don't know exactly what he used. I don't know how he's playing this game. You know what I recognize. I didn't write it down. Yes, this brings me back, you say, I always Yeah, I tell you, always looking for a relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lessons.
Speaker 1: This is a guy. This is a very classic case. Seen it before, and sad to say, I've probably done this. But he is not trying to have his cake and eat it too. He wants his cake and he wants another cake on standby. He is just saying it's just enough to keep Melanie interested enough, and just enough to keep soul interested enough. He knows all he has to do is say he looked mel should be done with him done, and let that's another Let that be a lesson. You know how many times you want to keep forgiving and forgiving and forgiving. I've used this line before, Rogan. It's somewhat jokingly that men are only dogs because women allow us to be. And I say that because how many times did he have to shit on her? In this episode he did the same thing, looked on the face, went upstairs, did the opposite in her face, came down. I'm sorry, Boop went back, did the exact same thing. So I'm saying, I know it's a show and in a different context, but what we're seeing rope, she should have been done with him.
Speaker 2: It's so tough because I see it from her perspective. And look, he does seem like a nice guy. He does seem like a nice guy who's conflicted. But he's making bad choices. He's doing the wrong thing. He is hurting her. But I understand what she sees in him. That's good. I totally get where.
Speaker 1: She's coming, doesn't It makes sense. And that's the thing. Here's the problem. Now, he knows he's not the worst guy in the world. He senses what she senses in him. He's exploiting it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good way to put it.
Speaker 1: He he is taking advantage of the fact that he is a good guy and that she sees it, and he's giving her just enough. He's using little words and little catch is just holding on enough and giving enough hope for the next thing. She should have been. He looked at her in the face and said, it's only me and you and went and made out for an hour in front of her almost literally.
Speaker 2: Right, that's crazy. When you put it like that, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: So just I get I know it's a game and all these things, but that's a that's another. It's glaring how he is really trying to say just enough to keep everybody close enough.
Speaker 2: What's glaring is you mentioned the game. Let's talk about the game and what happened with Soul because now he is with Soul. Now, let's just remember that. But during that game, he and Mel were all over each other. And if anyone obviously, if you're listening to this, we'll assume he were watching. But you either got a kiss or a pie, and people said good things are bad things about you, and pick the girl or the guy that they thought represented whatever it was they were describing. Be got the two negative I'm sorry, Soul got the two negative things said about her. So she got two eyes in her face. She's literally sobbing, crying most of the episode. For most of the episode, and there's Mel like straddling Sincere during the games, and then cut to the end and whammo, the tables are turned and now Soul is with Sincere. I wonder like how Soul felt about that all happening to her because of Sincere's games.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is responsible for where everybody is now who he wants to be with. I don't know who he wants to be with. He doesn't want to feel bad about anything. He doesn't want to feel bad about. But if Melanie got kicked off last night, he might have gone, he'd have had a moment. But yeah, they have been a mess for the past two three episode.
Speaker 2: But he seems like I believe him when he looks at her and says I want to be with you, like it's so hard to think that he's just completely making that up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't believe he's making that up. If if Soul we're not in the building, he would mean it more. That makes sense, Okay, has that? Yes, the best way to put the best thing I can do. He is leaving the door cracked a little bit for Soul, and to do that he has to toy with Melanie a little bit and she's going along with.
Speaker 2: So what do you think is gonna happen this week in the villa? Because now Melanie is coupled up with Corbyn, who, obviously Sincere was already jealous of. And now you've got Sincere and Soul together. How does that work in that villa? They all sleep in the same room together, they're together twenty four to seven, Like, what is that mess going to be? Like?
Speaker 1: I think there will probably have to be a conversation with Melanie and Sincere. They'll go do the whole Can I pull you for a second thing? We'll see who's hurt enough to say. Somebody might say no, but they they're gonna get past it. We're all moving on. I think it all boils down to Corbyn. I think what happens in this show boils down to Corbyn and Sincere end up together. Is going to boil down to Corbin and how she ultimately once she spends time and tries to connect with Corbin, when she sees more about him, is he more than this hunk man that she was very excited about. If they are able to do that, is she going to just be fooling herself so she can get to the end and get to maybe one hundred thousand and try to win this thing. Is she going to go overboard because she wants to make Sincere jealous.
Speaker 2: Or is that's what I think she's going to do.
Speaker 1: But is there going to be enough there with Corbin? Because if not, I could see her ultimately with Sincere in some kind of way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this is what people love when you think about drama, and this is all happening almost in real time, in front of our eyes, without a Hollywood script, and now we get to root for people. Right, So the fact that they're broken up is the perfect This happens in a rom com. There's the false ending. They're never going to be together, they're torn apart. That's where we are on the rom pom of this false ending. And then if you have to wait for it, you have to wait for it. There's gonna be tears, it's gonna be hard. And then if they get back together, people will be either rooting for them or screaming no. But you'll have a feeling, you'll have a you'll have an intense feeling about it either way. After what happens this week, babe, aren't we too early in the rom com for a false ending? Too early?
Speaker 1: Right? It's also six weeks.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is early, but we can see but maybe if there is a false ending early, we'll have more time if they actually do work out for the toxicity to go away, for we for us to actually like be rooting for them because they're a healthy couple now because they weather the storms and then you have to actually believe they're solid and not because right now they're still toxic. You have to believe there's but they have to get through this storm. So yeah, they might need the extra time for America to come around.
Speaker 1: My favorite couple right now really is Zach and Casey. If those two area and Zach and Casey the two Kay, see, I like those the two so funny. Favorite islanders right now, two men, love those two guys. I love Zach, Kay, that's fine. I love Casey and Anaa's cool, But I just I feel so strongly about those two guys right now.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, when we come back, we're gonna talk about how you feel.
Speaker 1: You want to talk about how you want to You want to eat snacks, not talking. Tell me to stretch if you need to know.
Speaker 2: It's okay. By the way, a little macaroon at the hot at the hotel left behind, the at the hotel left behind anyway, So the break here I wanted to tease. We talked about our strong feelings how do we feel about Bryce these days? We'll tell you all about it when we come back. Welcome back everyone to Our Love Island, Episode nine, episode of Amy and Tej. How about that? But yes, we talked about our feelings. You say you love Casey, you love Zach? How do you feel about Bryce these days?
Speaker 1: Bryce is fine? Bryce? You know what, there was an impression we had oor Bryce at the very beginning, Southern California, guy Planet, loose model DJ doing his thing. He didn't seem like he made the best decisions all the time. You know what. This was in line he's on brand. It kind of was. It was like, bless his heart. It wasn't malicious like it was. It was difficult to like, you couldn't get through to him that brother, don't do this. It doesn't make any sense. But him doing it wasn't mean spirited.
Speaker 2: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 1: But you're right?
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, So Bryce basically upset Trinity, understandably because telling her that she's his favorite in the villa, but he needs to see if this thing with Kana could go somewhere with Kada, by the way, and then he goes and tells Zach his best bro like they've got an adorable friendship and says, hey, I'm gonna go for your girl. Hope you don't mind. Okay, when has that ever worked?
Speaker 1: It was? It was bizarre, And you know what, I think they've all so far handled it fairly well, wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: Say, because I think they all felt exactly the way you did, Bless his little heart. Everyone knew that Kada wasn't into him except for him, and so it was almost embarrassing, like, please don't do this, dude. No, you're only embarrassing yourself. They couldn't be mad because they felt sorry for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Zach laughed at him, Kada felt sorry for him. Let him down easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a little hurt.
Speaker 1: But you now know how I feel about him. She seems more into him than he is into her right now, and we'll see, we'll see what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just that ended up. There was pity, and I think that's actually probably if you think about it, the last feeling you would prefer someone to feel for you. But it wasn't anger. It was pity.
Speaker 1: But again, Bryce stays on brand. I look, I am still the Gabrielle and Jen thing right, Yes, yes, Okay, the blonde, right, don't know where that's going, but I'm not feeling them right.
Speaker 2: Well, they only had one good conversation, and again, as you pointed out, that was the night where everybody was voting, but apparently the app crashed so they had to extend it. But the night that the voting took place, they had that one good conversation where her dream is to live in Miami. He was like, you should come to Miami. And so it did seem like there was more of a spark between them. It really did seem like it was a friendship and like maybe a mutual respect between Gabrielle and Beatrice, but there did seem to be a little bit of a romantic spark between Jen and Gabrielle.
Speaker 1: Kensy and Caleb. How are we feeling about them?
Speaker 2: I think that they could be a thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, how we're feeling about Corbyn? Melanie? We'll see what what you know. I thought it was an honest answer. I liked she gave it the end essentially saying well, I have to see what this connection is before at this point that's true. Yeah, maybe she'll be open to it, you know.
Speaker 2: What, And maybe going through all of this, she will either realize that it is in fact Sincere she loves or she'll see maybe perhaps Sincere four love well he actually is. Well, I mean people start falling in love in the show. It is called Love Island. Correct. I did want to say, how cool was it? We were laughing, this is how guys do it. But between Corbyn and Caleb, they both knew it was gonna come down to one or the other with Kenzie. Now they didn't know at that point that America was going to vote and that they were going to pick Kenzie for Caleb, but beforehand they kind of just looked at each other and said, yeah, I got a connection with her, and he's like, yeah, so do I And they what do they say? Let the best man win?
Speaker 1: That was it. We've been talking about this a lot the past week or so with this show, just how men handle things, how women handle things, and yeah, it's just kind of okay.
Speaker 2: It was hilarious and beautiful to witness and watch. I thought, you know what I think I wrote down, I took notes. I said, that's how you do it.
Speaker 1: One relationship lesson to take away from this Robes there was a lot of comparison suffering in this one in comparison of who heard who worse, there was a lot of them saying, yeah, you did that, but yeah, what he did was way worse. There was a lot of that back and forth, and I stopped and I took note of it, and I recognized that is a huge relationship mistake. If you throw that in somebody's face or you, in your mind are taking anything off of your offence by being able to say that person did worse, that means you're not actually taking responsibility. I saw that a lot in this episode.
Speaker 2: You're right, and girls do tend to do that, and that well, yes, because especially when you're defending your girlfriend. Hey, I know, because Melanie was basically taking responsibility saying I know that I acted crazy, and the girls were saying, oh no, but that's fine, but what he did was way worse than what you did. So and I have heard that. We us girls, we do say that, but that's usually in defense of our girls. But yeah, we do go there, and that is not that's normal a healthy thing to do, but it is normal. You're just getting a little window into the hen ha done it.
Speaker 1: We've all done it all, We've experienced it. In relationships. I just saw it happen. Oh no, I'm not putting on a man or the woman. Oh guys, do that crap really? Oh my good god, God do that crap all the time. But yeah, but she's at that. But then the last time of this, But then you asked for this, but then she didn't let you do this last time. Remember, it's always some kind of little compared. Remember a guy who wants his boy to like go out with him or go to the game and take the fishing trip will remind his friend of all the times his wife didn't let him do something last time. Remember that time she wanted to go with her girls. You ain't say nothing right. It's always that kind of thing, and it gets in your head.
Speaker 2: And that's and it's not healthy. It undermines the relationship in the end. But yes, we always do see these fun little nuggets for our relationship moving forward when we watch Love Island and guess what, there's another episode tonight, So yay us everybody. In the meantime, though, thank you for listening. I made me robock alongside TJ. Holmes. We'll talk to you soon.